[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anybody been to Saudi Arabia? What did you think of it? Is it worth visiting?
>>
>>2688671
>poop trucks
>>
>>2688671
>Anybody been to Saudi Arabia?
yes, i worked there for a while
>What did you think of it?
most boring country in the entire fucking world
>Is it worth visiting?
stupidest question that gets asked on this board. anywhere's worth visiting if you haven't been there before
can't say i'm in a hurry to go back though
>>
born and raised in riyadh, AMA
>>
>>2688704
how much did u get paid? western expats here make bank.
>>
>>2688707
i wasn't really there as an expat, just working on a couple of projects for customers in riyadh
i'm aware things are different there for long term expats who live in their gated communities and are generally left alone by the authorities so they can make homebrew and have parties and so on. even so while i was there i did meet a few and almost all of them told me that they try to escape to other places like dubai or bahrain at weekends
>>
>>2688671
Heard there is absolutely zero pecker play available.

I don’t even know why people travel unless they can get their pecker played with. How do you mark time if not with the occasional pecker player. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU DO ALL DAY?

You can only saunter around so many places, smoke so many cigs on your balcony, or eat on a nice people watching terrace. Pecker play is mandatory
>>
>>2688720
>zero pecker play
Alhamdulilah we get pecker play in Jannah (Heaven)
>>
did you guys know there is a board called /pol/ and some people in this thread possibly may also post in that board? Heh, zany I know but just thought I'd remind you before the other guy does. Heh, check y'later ;)
>>
>>2688671
I biked across it. There is nothing worth seeing. Friendly people though.
>>
>>2688671
Used to live there (working)

if you’re a tourist there’s little to see and do. Local authority’s attitude to idolatry has affected many sites and what would in other countries be a tourist attraction is sealed off to non Muslims. (Do Haji count as tourists?). They are trying to develop tourism after seeing what the emirs are banking but at the minute I can’t say it’s working.

If you do scuba there are good sites in the Red Sea and the gulf. The expanse of the desert is impressive if you’ve not been in one before. Mountain region in the south west also interesting with some added Houthi spice these days. I did like the cuisine

I wouldn’t spend vacation time there but it is somewhere new to almost everyone else. This assumes you are male. If you are female really just go somewhere else. If you have become female do not even think about it.
>>
>>2688917
>I did like the cuisine
actually i did too
i was kind of surprised by the number of fatties there are in the country
but then their local food is quite rich and then there is not much to do but sit around in malls eating donuts
add to that no locals do any physical work because they have immigrant slave labour to do that for them
fortunately those long white nighties that all the men wear cover a multitude of sins
>>
>>2688705
Pic pretty much sums it up
>>
>>2688705
I would like to see these driftings there, where does it happen most? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJJNp-Is_c

Also, once I heard that you have some haunting caves or something like that.
>>
>>2688705
How are the local women? Can you pick up girls at cafes and malls?
>>
Most people who went there did it for business or work. The country didn't start caring about tourism until recently, so they've had very few tourists in the past.
>>
>>2688917
>If you have become female do not even think about it.
kek
>>
Only point would be to go to Mecca and as a non muslim you aren't allowed, so why bother.
Of course they'll open up their super mega luxury resort places soon enough, that will only get 20% occupancy because the cost is so high for such a restrictive country
>>
>>2688671
Really friendly people. I will visit again
>>
>>2688704
>stupidest question that gets asked on this board. anywhere's worth visiting if you haven't been there before
Stupidest answer ever given. Go suck dick in Mogadishu since you haven't been there before.
>>
>>2689462
Are you trying to get then killed?
>>
>>2689462
>Can you pick up girls at cafes and malls?
this reminded me of one of the weird things i saw while i was there
because there is fuck all else to do i would wander around malls and stuff in the evenings like the kingdom tower mall (the building in riyadh that looks like a bottle opener, pic related)
quite often there would be groups of young males hanging around who had swapped their long nighties for american/western gear but always looked like a kind of exaggerated stereotype. like ali g or how do you do fellow westerners kind of vibe
they would sneak into the mall and follow girls around (in malls in riyadh at least there are often groups of women shopping together, sometimes with their filipino slave dragging their mountains of shopping around) and pssst and whisper catcalls at them to try to get their attention
there are security guys at the entrances to try to keep them out but usually some would sneak past while they were busy throwing someone else out
of course young men harass girls in other countries but this was on another level. this is what happens when you are brought up in a place where there is fuck all to do and you're taught to have a weird attitude to women
what the hell am i saying. this is 4chan, you're all weird fuckers on here
>>2689996
lol so easily triggered
>>
>>2688671
Again. No one wants Americans in their countries. We hate the US
>>
>>2689996
And btw I have been to Mogadishu and I HAVE sucked dick there.
>>
>>2688671
Very friendly locals (I'm a white male, maybe different for women), absolutely nothing to do unless you're muslim.
>>2688704
>most boring country in the entire fucking world
That's UAE, specifically Dubai
>>
why tf would anyone willingly visit saudi arabia
>>
>>2688917
>>2689613
I don't know about Saudi Arabia, but apparently other middle eastern countries have better trans rights than gay rights.

The logic is:
Being gay = bad
Being trans = at least you're trying to be straight
>>
>>2690079
The same reason I would visit any country with low tourist traffic: Because I want to viSiT eVeRy cOuNtRy in tHe wOrLd
>>
>>2690031
>pssst and whisper catcalls at them to try to get their attention
If it works even once they're gonna keep doin it. Also seems like you didnt pick up any of these milfs either
>>
>>2690079
why tf would anyone visit a country with mass shootings, no healthcare, and the ugliest people (America).
Saudi Arabia has culture.
>>
>>2690031
Bahraini here. I hate you people with an unbelievable passion.
>>
Anybody out there who doesn't look like a stereotypical Muslim and isn't Muslim slip into Mecca?

I have an interest in Islamic culture and like visiting mosques when I travel, but unfortunately, there's no way I can convince myself to believe in any religion. I still dream about visiting Mecca and participating in the whole ritual just for the fun of it.
>>
>>2690250
People do do it. If you can larp as an enthusiastic recent convert you’ll be allowed in. I don’t know why you’d want to if you’re not actually Muslim though. This may cause problems back home if you blab about it as someone will get offended.

You do have to be careful. If rumbled they’ll probably just deport you but if you have actually done something profane or blasphemous then the penalties get serious.

I’d rather go to Lourdes. Or vegas.
>>
>>2690239
well why don't you have a good cry and roll around and beat your tiny powerless fists on the ground
>>2690164
fortunately for me i'm not a loser-back-home and i have a modicum of self control
>>2690250
i have seen videos of chinese people at mecca. maybe pretend to be chinese or something. just squint and bite your bottom lip, that should do it
>>
>>2690250
It's not possible. You check your religion on the Visa so if you're non-muslim you won't get anywhere close since there's multiple checkpoints on the way to Mecca. If you say you're muslim and you're from a muslim minority country (i.e. western), they'll be suspicious and probably ask you to recite religious passages. Then you'll be asked to turn around and you can get fined.
>>
File: 5bf.jpg (17 KB, 480x318)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>2690194
>Saudi Arabia has culture.
>>
>>2689462
I'm a Saudi girl and the answer is most of the time its a no
>>
why is nobody talking about the aftermath of the massive flooding it just went through>?
>>
>>2690479
>I'm a Saudi girl and the answer is most of the time its a no
Saudi guy here, where are you from
>>
File: boulevard.jpg (360 KB, 1200x900)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>2688671
i'm a saudi citizen, born and raised in Riyadh, it really depends on what you're looking for. where you from.

Feel free to ask anything

>>2688705
هلا هلا
>>
>>2689093
nope, it's pretty much dead now
>>
>>2690960
>>2690988
>>2690479
>>2690667
Lets meetup
>>
>>2688692
That’s dubai retard
>>2689093
It’s dead you can still find some places where they will drift of empty fields and shit
>>2689462
Yes, most locals do it in cafes and malls and you can too
>>2690479
>>2690667
>>2690960
Why is your country so fucking boring? Do you guys travel a lot? Or do you plan leaving your country? I can’t imagine someone living there
>>
>>2690993
>Or do you plan leaving your country
daydream about this all the time
>>
>>2691003
What’s your plans?
>>
>>2691007
gain exp locally then apply abroad
>>
>>2690993
I’m planning on getting a scholarship
>>
>>2690990
gimme ur twitter or discord
>>
>>2690993
Boring is subjective, Saudi is pretty huge and has diverse biomes if you know where to look for, south is green and mountainous region, there's waterfalls and it's super high, you can walk among the clouds, east you can find the red sea, fantastic place for scuba diving, north is amazing for valleys that you can traverse. There's also a lot of entertainment happening in the Capital Riyadh, from sports, to entertainment, but no nightlife, if that's what you're looking for.

I never plan on leaving my country, i love it, i travel 2 times a year outside Saudi, i don't find it boring tho, like i said, it's my hometown.
>>
>>2691165
>east
>red sea

Larp
>>
Plenty of archaeologists from the US have been in KSA recording anything along the route for that "Walled City" project. Everyone I talked to says they loved their time working there. That's probably more the excitement of the job over the kingdom itself, but I guess that means it's not a total nightmare.
>>
Could I get pussy here? I can get pussy everywhere in my experience, but I've never been to a Muslim cunt.
This post isn't supposed to be a brag, btw. I'm a mid tier guy and I happily bang mid tier women of my own league, but I don't have difficulty doing so.
>>
>>2691515
Yes you can use tinder it’s simple just like any other country
>>2691165
It’s a shithole with all due respect I’ve worked there for 3 years and holy fuck when I moved to kuwait, doha it was like heaven compared to it the only thing I like about saudi is the people and the government other than that it’s insufferable to live in.
>I never plan on leaving
Well, I’m sorry for you. Seems like you won’t witness any happiness. Good luck
>>
>>2691520
What do you like about the government? And what, specifically, do you not like there?
>>
File: 1680043984321692.jpg (96 KB, 640x786)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>2691520
I don't agree with you, no need to feel sorry friend, i'm already happy where i am.

I don't know, maybe it's different for expats, a culture thing, i love my job and and my city.

>>2691186
Shit i meant west my bad
>>
>>2691165
>Saudi is pretty huge and has diverse biomes if you know where to look for
cut the bs. all of this country is arid and barren year round, except for a small stretch of land southwest, and hotels there are more expensive that europe when it's their season.

>east & red sea
mid. nothing special. also hot & humid most of the year. type of heat that isn't even enjoyable.

>north valleys
valleys are everywhere. we have valleys in riyadh and it's not special. maybe in the winter you go there with your buddies and have some tea, but that's about it. really nothing special. oh and it's also hot 3/4ths of the year. unbearable.

>entertainment in riyadh
most if not all native riyadhians don't partake in those mid & foreign-catered "entertainment" ventures. It's a money grab.

>no nightlife
yeah, ok

>i never plan on leaving my country ... i travel 2 times a year outside
you said it... you travel outside of this scorching desert twice a year. I'd love it too if I had your annual travel routine.
>>
>>2688987
Anyone who has money there drives around all day to various locations where they then sit in the AC and eat stodgy shit and drinking sweet tea. Of course they're going to be fat as fuck, they're basically Americans kek
>>
>>2690092
Don't believe shit you hear on the internet mate. I know it sounds funny to think some people are so retarded that a loophole like that works but come on.
>>
>>2690092
When I was there the authorities caught some men in the act of bumming each other and they were decapitated. I don’t know what the local law on trans people is but it won’t be progressive. People get put to death for witchcraft still, maybe that
>>
>>2688671
spectacular deserts and desert mountains, good archeology, the last place to go is Riyadh
>>
File: IMG_7355.jpg (1.83 MB, 2268x4032)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
AMA about Riyadh.
I do a lot of Urbex and been posting it on /x/. If you’re looking for normie activities, don’t ask me.
>>
File: IMG_7209.jpg (1.03 MB, 4032x2268)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
Mossad, cia, mi6 can f off, not answering any of your questions
>>
>>2696312
>>2696313
This is just sad
>>
>>2694199
>they were decapitated.

Would they do this to foreigners tho?
>>
>>2698504
Between 2010 and 2021, Saudi Arabia executed 490 foreign nationals, which is 39% of the total number of executions during that period. This is despite foreign nationals making up only 36% of the population. Saudi Arabia has also executed foreign nationals for drug offenses at a rate of nearly three times higher than Saudi nationals.
Here are some examples of foreign nationals who have been executed in Saudi Arabia:
Bishoy Sharif Naji Naseef: An American citizen who was executed in August 2023 for torturing, killing, and mutilating his father.
Hussein Abu Al-Khair: A Jordanian national who has been in prison since 2014.
In 2024, Saudi Arabia has executed over 100 people, which rights groups have called "one execution almost every two days".
>>
>>2698532
Maybe because it’s the last country in the world where (some) actual justice/punishment takes place while sentences everywhere else are basically a joke.
An Americunt rapes and kills a new born baby then gets sentenced by another americunt jew judge to 3 months probation and 60 hours of community service. But of course a jew rat like yourself likes getting away with it
>>
>>2698805
it's obviously pasted from an AI you utter retard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.