[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705736924410308.jpg (4 KB, 300x168)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
This is the biggest copout in the history of television. Elliots schizo genius is the result of parental molestation. They trivialized a great character to make him appealing to normies right at the finish line. This is a bigger last minute bitch out than AOT. I'm not watching the rest.
>>
all the great father/son moments are utterly destroyed just for a cheap twist to get people to pay more attention when no one was watching. it didn't work. no one cared but the show is ruined forever.
>>
>>199990504
Lazy writing under economic pressures always leads to shit like this.
>>
>>199990504
YES
It's like the writers had to distance themselves from the father-son dynamic and make it palatable to Twitter/Tumbler trannies. I legit feel betrayed
>>
>>199990482
True Detective did this too. They revealed in the last episode that Rust's child died tragically thus explaining why he was a giga sperg. Hollywood can never have characters just be different, there always has to be a psychiatric explanation
>>
>>199990558
I think it was Emmy baiting
>>
>>199990894
It was like the second episode you retard and it wasn’t just that he was an undercover narcotics agent for years heavily abusing psychedelic drugs
>>
File: MrRobot.jpg (171 KB, 702x936)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>199990504
>all the great father/son moments are utterly destroyed
nah man
>>
>>199991112
>It was like the second episode
what scene?
>>
>>199990894
>>199991112
Also you completely missed the point or you are just projecting.
It was established what sort of character he was and why within the first two episodes, the ending was a man after years of carrying all this weight around finding some sort of solace within himself.
I know this thread is ‘I can no longer relate to retard because he’s not my type of retard!’ But True Detective season 1 does not fall into that category.
>>
>>199991140
This is the pure bliss of child molestation, this was the message of Mr Robot all along. Esmail is a genius
>>
>>199990482
>They trivialized a great character to make him appealing to normies right at the finish line.
They made him appealing to normies who like the outcast aesthetic (like you) from the very start by showing he's not an incel and has sex. But there's nothing wrong with being a normie, OP. In fact, I would argue that it's good. I envy you.
>>
>>199991233
The message of all of these shows is "every thing has a scientific explanation and we're all boring retards". I'm still waiting for you to provide the scene from episode 2 where it's revealed that Rust tragically lost his child
>>
idk i stopped watching after the first 5 episodes of season 2 were just black people playing basketball
>>
>>199991361
Uh huh. Elliot is potrayed as a sperg who loathes society(F Society) for 4 and a half seasons until his negro shrink reveals that his father was actually the cause of his anti social behavior. It couldn't just be that he was a genius, no no his white father raped him...
>>
>>199991483
>sperg
>not an incel
Are normie writers for real?
>>
File: angel.jpg (35 KB, 896x598)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>199991483
And the whole thing was a raped boy's fantasy. No time travelling tranny, no magical negro Joey Bada$$, no "Evil" Corp, kek

Bravo Esmail!
>>
It was so cool how Elliot was ready to blow the crack head dominican before the shrink shanked him, bravo Esmail
>>
>>199990482
He was never a schizo or depressed tho. He could have sex and even had a girlfriend at one point.

He was normal enough to hold down a job while moonlighting as a saboteur/terrorist.

It fits his profile that most of his issues came from some sort of trauma
>>
>>199991546
I take it you've been using this false equivalency to dismiss the criticism of Mr Robot for a decade now. FUCK YOU
>>
>>199990482
the show went to shit in s2 when they had to SHUT.IT.DOWN.
>it was all... LE DREAM?
>>
File: TDs01e01 45min.jpg (244 KB, 1913x1081)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>199991191
He tells Marty's wife at dinner. It was the first episode, 45 minutes in.
>>
>>199991600
They established that Elliotts trauma towards his father was his guilt over acting like a spoiled sperg at the movie theater. His dad tried to reconcile with him and he cold shouldered him, Slater then passed out in the theater lobby and Elliot left him there on the floor and sat down to watch the movie. It was at that moment that Mr Robot appeared for the first time
>>
>>199991607
I don't understand what you mean. What have I compared and with what? I just stated two facts about the show, that are not realistic in combination, and were most likely inserted specifically for normies to be more interested in the show. I didn't draw any analogies to illustrate any points.
>>
>>199990894
You knew his kid was dead pretty early on.
>>
>>199991716
>elliot has sex
>therefor he's not a sperg like you said
>and you're a normie for wanting to relate to the sperg
and now you're playing dumb and crying out in pain as you strike me. your hack writing is on par with esmails
>>
I skip that episode on rewatch
>>
>>199991798
I didn't say he's not a sperg. I said that this with combination of not being an incel is not realistic, and most likely inserted specifically for normies to feel more connected to him / relatable. As I said, this show merely portrays the aesthetic of an outcast, it doesn't portray an outcast. It's still for normies. But there's nothing wrong with being a normie. It's good. So, I don't know why you're upset.
>>
>>199990894
Anime and video games have been doing this lately with villains and anti-heros lately as well. It's like the writers catch wind of consumers siding with antagonists and they pull some shit to pry them away from any attachment. See: The Boys and AoT.
>>
>>199991864
Then also skip everything after the heist hack
>>
>>199991558
I think her being Evil CEO's daughter was a much worse plot twist
>>
>>199992012
His character was kino and we got more of him because of it
>>
>>199990482
>>199990504
>>199990558
>>199990582
there are signs from literally the first episode of the show. not the writer's fault that you're all too retarded to read subtext
>>
>>199992012
They abruptly wrote her off the show because Elliots father rape wasn't planned before season 4. There's no explaining how Angela didn't know her love and lifelong friend was raped by his father
>>
>>199991864
I skipped the entire rest of the series after the episode where the European dude with the ridiculously hot model wife starts pounding man ass. It happened very early maybe in S1 or 2. Does it get any less pozzed or is the rest of the show still full of man on man gay bareback anal sex?
>>
>>199990894
>>199991366
you're just braindead
it's incredible how stupid this board is. you make /v/ look like geniuses
>>
>>199992157
How fucked up do you have to be to assume that his trauma was being diddled as a kid and not just his father dying?
>>
The show made it obvious early on that the father/son dynamic was much more fucked up then him just being pushed out of the window. I don't think its too far-fetched. The actual problem with the show is how contrived its reveal is. The episode itself is so fucking pretentious and the characters it resurrects only to push the plot forward are probably the worst in TV history. The drug dealer's backstory is so contrived it's almost comical.
>>
>>199992218
Who raped you? Hopefully not your father kek
>>
>>199991708
>His dad tried to reconcile with him and he cold shouldered him, Slater then passed out in the theater lobby and Elliot left him there on the floor and sat down to watch the movie.
ouch. That would 100% leave lasting guilt-ridden damage to a kid.
>>
>>199992259
If you weren't raped/molested by a family member/a community leader/or another child you didn't really grow up, anon.
>>
>>199991653
>She passed what, Rust? Her first spelling bee?
Jesus Christ, Maggie wtf.
>>
>>199992201
Your instincts were right, I wish I did the same.
>sister becomes a dyke in season 3
>elliot was raped in the steamy summer of 1992
>gook klaus schwab was a giga tranny
>drumpf in season 3
this show got more pozzed as it went along
>>
>>199992255
I was saying to myself there's no way Elliot is this weak and gay the whole episode but he was, he is. It's one of the most dramatic show suicides I've ever seen
>>
>>199992201
Main villain is a delusional tranny, fbi dyke gets stood up, and also constantly got in trouble because of her being a lesbian
>>
>>199992269
and it's realistic/relatable, just not to the tumbler crowd of 2017 who have to make everything about sex, that's who season 3 and 4 were written for
>>
>>199991919
All of these writers want to seem elusive and above their audience. Alan Moore popularized this pretentious gambit
>>
File: 1577073817300.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
WHAT THE FUCK DID HE SEE?
>>
>>199992682
The Blue Screen of Death
bravo, Esmail
>>
>>199992682
nothing probably lol. it's just a metaphor for him dying in a very pretentious way
>>
>>199992690
Why is it purple then
>>
>>199992682
He saw child elliot getting dicked down by the guy from Gleaming The Cube and died instantly
>>
>>199992506
bad guys are chinks too
>>
>>199992780
>>
>>199992734
see>>199992761
It's the glow of Christian Slaters throbbing purple headed pedo cock
>>
>>199990482
they made him too powerful in the first season
this led to inspiring bitches everywhere into thinking they too could take down le evil corporations and bring about le chaos just give me a fucking linux and a modem
turning him into a child molestation victim was a humiliation ritual
>>
Most kino linux distro?
>>
>>199992199
How the fuck would she knows what goes in someone else's home?
>>
>>199992255
yea the drug dude coming back was legitimately soap opera tier terrible writing, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
>>
I would watch it again but stop somewhere during the last season.
>>
>>199994238
this, only I'd stop before the start of the first episode of season 1.
>>
>>199990482
the show started getting bad at the end of season 1. The pilot was amazing, movie level. Man what a fall-off. Top tier letdown in television history. Also the reverse course after 2016, now the corporations are LE GOOD GUYS.
>>
File: hackerman.jpg (63 KB, 960x540)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>199990482
This is the best episode of Television I've ever seen. It also makes perfect sense since all cases of D.I.D come from some intense early childhood abuse, it should have been expected. And it was very clearly intended from the start. Le Email man originally intended Mr. Robot to be a feature film, while some shit fizzled out like Tyrell and the FBI girl, Elliots arc was executed perfectly as it was always intended with the exception of Angelas involvement since her and Rami and irl drama

I've said it before and I'll say it again; season 2 is the pleb filter, if you get filtered by the slow character study schizokino and just want le epic anonymous hacker revolution show you should stop watching
>>
>>199993102
>>199990482
kinda seemed like the first season's theme was "End the Fed"
some tribesman producer must have noticed and the 2nd season took a 180 and became
>oh no what have we done? ending usurious banking isn't so great after all
after muddying the plot and original motivations - totally reversing course on story that was effectively a guerilla opposition to finance its no surprise the hero had to be retroactively raped
gee I wonder who could be behind this
>>
>>199994319
yeah it really hasnt aged welll and is full of predictive programming
>>
>>199990504
It was there from the beginning in the form of being thrown out the window or whatever. it wasnt retconned. The real shit writing was making Tyrell gay for no reason
>>
>>199990482
>Mr Robot
The show was never good btw

It was LOST of the millennial generation
>>
>>199995059
>It was LOST of the millennial generation
Nah, LOST has way better memes.
>>
You guys didn't understand it at all.

They got to him. Through the therapist.

It wasn't true, she was used to defeat him once and for all.
>>
>>199995236
This, they hacked the hacker by getting onto his system through what he trusted. Can't believe so many didn't get this.
>>
>>199995075
doesn't matter

it had the same mystery box bullshit
at least lost still had supernatural element to it

what did mr robot had? nothing.
>>
>>199992157
No, there arent. In every flashback he is shown as a caring father who got fucked by cancer which in turn caused Elliott's whole agenda against E Corp. In contrast Elliott's mother was shown to be an overbearing cunt which is why he never cared for her. How does this nonsensical plot twist even make any sense? The entire reason Elliott went against E Corp was because he believed they caused his death. But no - now his father is a pedo who Elliott made his imaginery friend. Bravo Sam Esmail
>>
>>199995344
I watched the first season. I knew nothing good would come of it. Anyone who watched past s1.... i just dont get it.
>>
>>199995413
The first is the only worth one to watch. Thankfully it serves well as a standalone story. They also didnt do shit with Tyrell after s1. It's clear Esmail had zero idea ehat he was doing past it. After all the main villain is revealed to be a tranny who all keikakus everything and main goal is bringing his faggot buttbuddy back with a fucking time machine... Kek
>>
>>199990482
I mean I kind of always guessed that it was a thing ever since S1 but for some reason they have to make it a big deal in the end. if he was that traumatized, he wouldn't be imagining him as his guide. that being said, the series tried to shift its target audience way before that. ever since S1, Elliot's character got troll's remorse or something and acted completely opposite to how he did in S1. introducing the femcel detective should have been a sign who the new audience of this show is and that I should expect some bullshit ending.
they also obviously got cold feet with the time machine stuff that they were teasing for like 2 seasons, but I don't blame them, it was retarded from the start, I just wish they got out of it in a more clever way.
>>
>>199990482
show was poorly written the whole time. there was a fake sitcom episode in place of story or character development. KEK
>>
File: IMG_2331.gif (240 KB, 220x155)
240 KB
240 KB GIF
>>199992784
This episode was so ludicrous I think it was my shark jump moment in the show.
Seasons 1 and 2 were reasonably grounded in reality but then idk what Esmail began smoking and why he decided to turn Mr. Robot into a show with Fargo(TV) tier baddies and these yellow assassin saboteurs that seem out of a Hong Kong-sploitation movie.
The shit gets way too far fetched and worst part is that it doesn’t even swallow the absurdity pill and deliver us a worthwhile ending. Its a complete cop out and worse than status quo because one can rationalize everything as Eliot’s schizoid fantasy so “nothing really mattered bro”

If I cant stand one thing its an unwillingness to commit to a premise and he balked. Its one thing to be “deep and psychological” but its not worth abandoning the tangable plot that we spent 4 years invested in.
People compare the finale to End of Evangelion, but that’s wrong because Evangelion still went to great effort to tie up all loose ends and deliver a conclusion in the real world.
>>
Was anything in this show actually supposed to be a twist? I genuinely can't tell.
The moment Mr Robot appeared, it was obvious he was a split personality, and the moment we met Elliot, it was obvious the dude got diddled, and considering all the dad-window mystery shit it was fairly obvious who dun did it.
I stopped watching around season 1 or 2 and I was so surprised to realise this was apparently some "reveal" in season fucking 4.

Are Mr Robot fans just fucking stupid? Did this surprise anyone? Was it trying to?
>>
>>199994693
Didn't Tyrell fuck a guy in the ass in like episode 1? "No babe, I swear, it was a purely subterfuge-related gay blowjob"
>>
I barely remember Mr Robot
>super genius computer hacker
>turns out he hallucinates his father like tyler durden
Then in s2 something about him being taken advantage of by some lesbian corpo woman and/or a ginger fbi agent lady
I got filtered by the episode where he gets trapped in a 50s tv show or something
Oh and they crashed the entire global economy because muh anarchism or something
What even happened
>>
>>199996443
I got filtered there too
Should have ended ag season 1
The wacky rapper samurai sword / CP owner jail guard shit was where they jumped the shark
And soooo much it season 2 is just them playing basketball
>>
This whole series really should have just been a movie.
>>
File: Untitled1 (2).png (593 KB, 1360x768)
593 KB
593 KB PNG
>>199990482
>>
File: 1594533616625.png (8 KB, 443x474)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>199997530
>Fuck society.
>>
File: 1713998387845495.gif (487 KB, 497x373)
487 KB
487 KB GIF
>>199990482
stopped watching when the blonde girl got blacked in the first episode of season 2
you chuds should have listened to my warning then
>>
>>199990482

I liked that he had trauma from his dad hurting him for telling about the cancer, but then making it that his dad was molesting him just ruined the show. The Tumblr people loved it because they all were molested lmao
>>
>>199990504
>>199990558
>>199990582
first time I actively saw the woke shit kick in during a show and fuck up a somewhat well written series in real time
the quality dipped hard from S3 onwards with it, entirely reverting the purpose of the show
>>199992157
dumb pseud
>>
>>199990482
That's just what you want to think desu. Nowhere is it stated that the parental molestation was the sole reason for Elliot's schizo genius, it's just there to explain his other personalities and blackouts.
>>
>>199999920
Ironically, Mr. Robot's actual message is not to be a deluded tumblr tranny that creates fantasies about other people in their head (like you do, lol). Whiterose commits suicide because she can't let go of her/his delusions and Elliot's real personality re-emerges because he can. It's literally antiwoke. You're just a retard that doesn't understand what you're even watching.
>>
>>200000857
>her/his
dumb troon pseud
>>
How did you guys last that long watching this? The first season had promise but partway through the 2nd I bailed when it became obvious the show was sinking into predictable tropes and realism was rapidly departing the writing.

It came across like a poor clone of Dexter with a superbadass wounded hero hacker instead of a serial killer. I also got the sense that the writers would happily throw coherence out the window to make edgy plot points which is always a big red flag.
>>
>>199990482
I still cant stand that he had sex in the first episode
>>
>>199995344
>In every flashback he is shown as a caring father who got fucked by cancer which in turn caused Elliott's whole agenda against E Corp
idk if you're baiting or not but repressed trauma is a real thing, especially with mentally ill children who suffered abuse.
>>
>>199991140
PSA, i've seen multiple videos of goofball adults having to call firefighters to come and cut them out of these swings, don't stick your legs into openings designed for literal babies
>>
>>200001481

It was kino when the repressed trauma was his cool, loving Dad had a rage problem and had hurt Elliott, but when it became pedo shit it felt more like cheap shock value than a big emotional reveal. Esmail could have used the episode to have Elliott come to terms with his dad being violent to him and it would have been great, he could have ended the show the exact same way with the real Elliott waking up after stopping the plant meltdown, and it still would have worked.

Makes me wonder if Esmail was molested and repressed.
>>
>>199990482
>S4
what the hell...
>>
>>199995344
>In every flashback he is shown as a caring father who got fucked by cancer which in turn caused Elliott's whole agenda against E Corp
This
They fucked the entire premise of elliots character, esmail probably felt bad about the anonymous association. The show started in 2015 before the hacker known as 4chan got drumpf elected, if esmail made it today elliot would be they/them reddit mod
>>
File: 1293499628148.jpg (18 KB, 265x263)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
The thing that showcases the whole thing was an asspull is the fact that Angela's character is written off the show.

She was pivotal for the storyline, and then Email just fucked it. Probably not intentional, and had to deal with actor or studio issues, but let's not pretend it's all a part of the plan.
>>
>>199997530
thank god they got this monster the psychiatric help he needed, he's trans now btw
>>
>>200000857
this is pure cope, you sound like you subscribe to jewish physco babble
>>
>>199992682
not even close to the hack shit that was the ending
>>199992682
or fucking this
>>
>>199993762
KDE
>>
>>199990482
>retard spergs mad they're just naturally retarded and elliot has an excuse

the twist was theorized and foreshadowed since season 1 holy shit yall are fucking retarded
>>
>>200004169
Portia Doubleday has the look of aristocratic nobility, I would eat her ass in perpetuity
>>
File: 1702380426877047.jpg (442 KB, 1280x720)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>200005345

Interestingly, she hasn't really done anything since Mr.Robot.

I mean yeah, she never has to work a day in her life, and has been probably getting dicked by people with money, but I would've liked to see her take on other roles.
>>
>>200004896
>theorized
by sex brained normies
>foreshadowed
at no point whatsoever
>yall
go back to r*ddit
>>
>>200005446
She's nuts bro, like stalked Rami and boiled his bunny rabbit nuts, imagine the ass eatings
>>
>>200005494
mad you didn't get your sperg representation? >forced to watch a normie show written by the normie mind woe is the sperg
>>
File: 1489651463599753.png (131 KB, 416x307)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>200005568

I think he just cheated on her while filming the film he was making he got the Oscar for. That's what they said at least.

I mean considering how pretty she is, she has to be crazy as fuck.
>>
>>199990482
This was perfectly fin honestly. What WAS the copout was the Eliot we've been with for 4 season was a fake/just another personality. THAT was lame as fuck and just a way to have a final twist for the sake of it.

Also I hated the Darlene and Dom missing each other by seconds bullshit. it was like it was trying hard to subvert the troupe but took way to long to get there and it was ultimately for nothing and had no pay off.
>>
File: 1707759158667733.png (879 KB, 1280x720)
879 KB
879 KB PNG
>>200005770

The ending of S3E8 does not mesh with the final episode and ending of the series. Equally, Tyrell's conclusion was just retarded.

They had to pack it up because no one was watching the show, email just wrapped it up and moved to the next project.
>>
>>200005833
>Tyrell's conclusion was just retarded
Oh fuck I memory holed that subplot. The walking through the woods ep legit pissed me off. What were they thinking?
>>
>>200005769
wow rami is a fucking moron
>>
File: 1384640272903.png (161 KB, 500x377)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>200005938

It was just total retardation.

Honestly, it really started when everyone predicted that the narrative was really a Fight Club Tyler Durden story. And because everyone saw it coming a mile away, he started fucking shit up after that.

Like the scene with Tyrell's wife was so fucking good, and so fucking obvious they were going for the Tyler Durden thing, but nope, just invent an asspull and take it from there.

The moment it started going down hill is when he shoots him at the end of that season, and it doesn't result in him shooting himself.
>>
>>200002744
OK, quick YouTube search and I know what I'll be watching tonight. Thanks.
>>
File: 1329777741565.gif (1.82 MB, 318x200)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB GIF
>>200006258

Here's the scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNNHtS1dP7g

Not honoring this was the beginning of the end for the show. They did her dirty, and they just fucked up the show afterwards.

Fuck Email.
>>
>>200005717
you cant even greentext. look at the fucking state of you.
>>
File: 1626656988478.webm (2.78 MB, 900x506)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>>
>>200006399
told you he was from r*ddit
>>
File: 1456498765.gif (2.9 MB, 540x300)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB GIF
>>200005717
you have to go back
>>
>villain is a deranged chicom tranny
How did they get away with this? Was having the dad be a pedo the tribute they had to pay to be allowed the villain?
>>
>>200006419
Man, everyone talked about Angela and Elliot's sister but Tyrel's wife mogged the shit out of them.
>>
>>200006258
>>200006368
They fucked up a lot of things. I would push back on the fight club stuff tho. It was obvious that what was happening and the Where is my mind cover was the smoking gun that he wasn't really trying to hide.
>>
File: 1626652866814.jpg (257 KB, 1400x1728)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>
>>200006640
He hated the Chinese government for not allowing him and his boyfriend to be together, definitely not a chicom
>>
>>200006847
hmm slender soles
>>
>>200006887
You wanna try that explanation with the Chinese government and see how well it's received?
>>
I forced myself to finish the series and it was horrible. You really shouldn't watch past episode one.
>>
File: red wheel barrow.webm (1.7 MB, 852x480)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB WEBM
>>
>>200006940
keep the chicoms far away from me and my chinese femboy, I really don't feel like inventing a time machine
>>
>>200007049
>I was you before you were you
I have a hard time believing Bobby was giving white rose cummies, there's no way
>>
File: 1626621939871.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>200006679
They shoulda fugged
>>
>>200007783
She was so perfect...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.