[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 54 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: ガレットNo.7.jpg (99 KB, 731x1049)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
【ガレットNo.7】

表紙
・pen
巻頭カラー
・森永みるく「私の可愛い子猫ちゃん」#5

新連載センターカラー
・やとさきはる「あみちゃんの日記」

連載
・寄田みゆき「ピリアーとエロスのあいだ」#7
・浜野りんご「空色メランコリック」#3
・森島明子「もっと半熟女子」#4
・天野しゅにんた「冬馬くん」#6
・袴田めら「ふわふわ・ふたしか・夢みたい」#7
・橘田いずみ+百乃モト「リバティ」#7

読み切り
・竹宮ジン「世界の終わりにあなたと二人」

短期連載
・甘味「おねがい episode3」(完)
・露木彩 「うつくしい小指」#2

ショート読み切り
冬嶋「かのじょのひみつ」
宇野ジニア「蝉しらず」
みほ「未知との遭遇」
ms「After School Chill Time.」

PHOTO
・高橋みのり
ILLUSTRATION
・ナナカワ
スペシャルゲスト
・芥文絵
デザイン
・Blankie
・chipco design

・乙ひより先生「ナツメグ」
上記連載は不定期掲載となりました。次号掲載は未定です。
>>
File: 69965416_p3_master1200.jpg (456 KB, 600x847)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>2685431
Preview:
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=69965416
>>
>>2685431
No Otsu yet again
>>
File: ガレットmeets1.jpg (97 KB, 600x847)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
I completely forgot about Galette Meets 1.

百合マンガWEB雑誌「ガレットmeets」創刊!女の子同士の一歩踏み込んだ様々な恋愛模様をお届け
●執筆者
【COMIC】
小川ますみ/桜家ゆきの/袴田めら/百乃モト/やとさきはる/寄田みゆき
【ILLUSTRATION】
露木彩/中野まや花
>>
Preorders are up:

Galette No.7 (August 25,2018)
https://www.amazon.com/galette-Japanese-milkmorinaga-ebook/dp/B07G947S77

Galette Meets 1 (August 19, 2018)
https://www.amazon.com/galettemeets-Japanese-merahakamada-ebook/dp/B07G9NFDGZ
>>
My Little Kitten still being published?
>>
>>2686332
Yes.
>>
Released!
>>
>no preview for Liberty #7
[WORRY]
>>
File: spoiler.jpg (2.89 MB, 1680x2371)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
>>2688867
>>
>>2688894
Well at least they reconciled...I guess. You got the PDF?
>>
>>2688896
Anyone can post the 'my little kitten' chapter? Also , all raws until now
>>
>>2685431
where can I dl the back catalogue of these? Only no.3 got uploaded to nyaa and it has no seeders. AB doesn't have it either
>>
>>2688894
Bitch really needs to be put on some meds.
>>
>>2688894
whats wrong with liz?
playing with her feelings again?
>>
To any enty supporters in this thread: remember to switch to fantia before Aug 31.
>>
Kindle version is out.
How do you convert it in pdf with calibre to have the maximum resolution possible?
>>
>>2692324
output profile: tablet
>>
Can you still buy the pdf from fantia?
>>
>>2692342
Yes.
>>
>>2692343
Seems like I was too late https://fantia.jp/posts/77531
>>
Anyone willing to share their pdf?
>>
File: 006.jpg (526 KB, 1680x2371)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>2692909
It's not the .pdf file, but it is .jpg files and als Petite Galette.
https://www33.zippyshare.com/v/9gQR0vQC/file.html
I didn't wanna use mega or mediafire in case I get reported. I don't wanna lose my stuff in there, so I used zippyshare. Somebody feel free to up it somewhere else if they want to.
>>
>>2693978
Oh wow. Morinaga's stuff in colour is a gift from the yuri gods
>>
>>2693978
Neat, thanks!
>>
>>2693978
thank you!
>>
Anyone willing to share galette meet?
>>
>>2693978
Was it a dream or they had real sex ?
>>
>>2693978
Now I wish someone would translate this properly instead of doing a shitty ESL rewrite.
>>
>>2694915
Where did you find translations of shitty ESL rewrite?
>>
File: 089.jpg (1.85 MB, 1680x2371)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG
Bump for raws.
>>
File: galette8preview.jpg (1.2 MB, 3360x2371)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
The new series looks promising. And what the hell happened to Otsu Hiyori?
>>
>>2694904
yes
>>
>>2717454
No.
>>
>>
>>2724305
Also, Meets 3 next month.
>>
>>2724465
Didn't someone here say meets would get a physical printing at some point?
>>
File: yokoku-1024x716.jpg (246 KB, 1024x716)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>
>>2731932
I really want to buy Meets. But it's still not available on their fantia shop.
>>
Line up for Galette 8: http://galetteweb.com/archives/1018

Morinaga and Hamano's series will be off. And Otsu hasn't returned.

Hakamada's series is ending.

>>2724465
Meets 3 has been delayed to Dec 29th.
>>
>>2736162
>Morinaga and Hamano's series will be off
Fuck!

>And Otsu hasn't returned.
●乙ひより先生の連載が予告なく掲載されなくなってますが、どうなっているんでしょうか?せめて休載のお知らせぐらいはして欲しいです。

A.
乙先生につきましては、ご本人の意思で予告・休載告知はさせていただいておりません。(WEBページには掲載しております)毎号連載続行がご本人のご希望ですが、なかなかご執筆できない状況です。もし乙先生へメッセージ等伝えたいことがありましたら運営よりお渡ししますので送っていただければと思います。
>>
Btw, does anyone have a clean, watermark-free Galette No.3 laying around? Unfortunately, all uploads out there seem to have the same source. I would be very grateful, if someone could upload a copy of that one.
>>
>>2736162
>Morinaga
Will we ever see them actually have sex?
>>
>>2736162
Remember before the first issue of Galette was released people thought yuri was saved? And then Galette was worse than Yuri Hime.
What is Morinaga doing that she can't complete a chapter in 4 months? How do artists live when they don't have a regularlyserialized series?
>>
>>2736853
Recently she's got a manga about her TNR activities.

>How do artists live when they don't have a regularlyserialized series?
Usually they work other jobs. Even some that have serializations need other income, potentially even have a full time job.
>>
>>2736853
Galette is a doujinshi. It was never meant to be a rival for big commercial magazines.
>>
Just for having lasted at least 2 years worth issues, I think Galette deserves to be seen as having done well.

Meanwhile Galette Online seems to have been a bit pointless.
>>
What's the point of Galette though? It reads like Yuri Hime from 2010, I.e. boring SoL romances with no plot and sometimes are outright het. It reads like a Hirari 2.0 - a Yuri Hime redundancy. At least Tsubomi brought something different to the table by going more for lighthearted moe and comedy, rather than shoujo/josei yet again.

Actually, calling YH and its clones "shoujo" is an insult to the genre. I still remember when I was a shoujo addict, it's filled with interesting stories ranging from isekai, political thriller, murder mystery, to adventures and horror. Why can't yuri authors actually tell a compelling story instead of forgettable bland shit that nobody would buy if it wasn't yuri?
>>
>>2737376
No editorial control, that's the point. Notice how a lot of mangaka here, are former Yuri Hime contributors? That clearly tells me something.
>>
>>2737376
You mean like an actual good story where the yuri part isn't the focus?
>>
>>2737376
Romance drama stories focused on people, their feelings and relationships aren't boring.

>>2737392
It tells you Galette is more likely to admit mangaka who already have a reputation among hardcore yuri fans. There's not many places where they could have established that reputation and YH is the main one. It might not even have got crowdfunded if it didn't have names people were nostalgic for.

And the "former" part is because if they were still doing much commercial yuri then they would have less time available to do Galette and maybe wouldn't even need it as an outlet. Takemiya Jin started a series in YH and won't be in Galette 8.
>>
>>2737376
>forgettable bland shit that nobody would buy if it wasn't yuri
I have to admit this everytime I place an order on amazon.
>>
>>2737416
Yuri being the focus or not is irrelevant, the point is having a real, fascinating plot other than unremarkable girls having unremarkable love.

>>2737435
>romance drama isn't boring
That's right, yet yuri artists are dogshit at writing a competent romance drama. Take a look at some shoujo where romance and drama is a huge part of the plot:
- Basara: a girl who leads her people to rebel against the tyrant dynasty and kill the cruel prince who annihilated her village years ago, while falling in love a guy on her journey without either knowing the other's real identity.
- Anatolia (Red River): a girl transported to the ancient Anatolia empire and becomes the center of attention of several powerful kings/princes while also a resourceful badass who survive politics/assassinations/traps/kidnapping and became the country's hero who saved it from war.
- Glass Mask: a girl aspiring to become the best actress while receiving support from a hidden benefactor who turned out to be the stoic CEO who had always been by her side.
- 7 Seeds: many groups of 7 people are kidnapped and frozen by different governments to become the seeds that will repopulate the earth in a dystopia future, a girl found out that the guy she likes is one of the chosen ones too.

That's not even scratching the surface of what shoujo has to offer. Why the fuck can't romance and drama exists in a story with a real plot again? Oh wait, it's just an excuse from creatively brankrupt people, and the reason why yuri is super niche. Meanwhile yaoi get to enjoy all kinds of interesting stories from prison rapes to space fighters.

If I have a penny every time someone said to me "I want to like yuri, but the plot is always so boring", I'd have enough money to buy all the anime studios and artists to make quality yuri.
>>
>>2737971
If that kind of bullshit is what you think is what's needed to make story you're just chuuni.
>>
>>2737974
>having a plot is chuuni
Found the retard.

I guess somebody just enjoy being a boring niche shit so that they have less content to spend money on. Why are you such a born loser?
>>
>>2737979
What you're whining about is purely a problem with you being a fucking baby who equates "plot" with emotionally stunted escapist fantasy.
>>
>>2736866
>Recently she's got a manga about her TNR activities
TNR? Urban dictionary doesn't help.
>>
>>2737982
What is escapist fantasy about, say, a broke banker who has to deal with her house being seized and living on the street, or a social worker who has to arrange a adopted family for an orphan kid?

See? Your brain is so microscopic it can't even think of a plot in modern day that isn't supernatural. All you can think of is either chuuni shit or NO PLOT at all. How long has it been since you read a book? Did you even finish high school? Dropping out and read manga all days isn't good for your intelligence.
>>
>>2737376
Personally I don't have a problem with stories just focusing on human drama, I mostly read josei anyways. I liked 2010 YH and feel like Ritchie's attempts to push yuri "forward" did more harm than good, so it's funny to see that raised as a complaint. This isn't regression, because yuri isn't linear. There's room for everyone to have what they like.

That said, I think the type of yuri you seem to be looking for is going to be rare, purely because authors who can write both plot and characters well are pretty rare. Just think about the sheer volume of complete trash shoujo relative to the things you like, it's staggering.
>>
Kadokawa will be publishing Liberty (volume 1?) in April.

https://twitter.com/izugyoza/status/1059076417541955584

>>2741807
Trap-neuter-return
>>
>>2742706
Good new. But what about others? What about Between Philia and Eros? Or Hakameda's Fuwafuwa Futashika Yumemitai ?
>>
>>2742706
Wait, so a trap gets sex change operation to become an actual girl? That sounds fun.
>>
>>2742789
>Trap-neuter-return (TNR) is a management technique in which homeless, free-roaming (community) cats are humanely trapped, evaluated and sterilized by a licensed veterinarian, vaccinated against rabies, and then returned to their original habitat.
>>
>>2742706
https://twitter.com/galetteweb/status/1059748319914680320

Small preview of the next chapter. I think they started sending the pdf to subscribers, hopefully some kind oneesama will share it here.
>>
>>2744568
>I think they started sending the pdf to subscribers
They are not. Comitia126 starts November 25. An that's the day when they will send books and pdf to subscribers.

Also, tankobon for "Between Philia and Eros Vol.1" and "Fuwafuwa Futashika Yumemitai" confirmed!
>>
>>2744764
>Also, tankobon for "Between Philia and Eros Vol.1" and "Fuwafuwa Futashika Yumemitai" confirmed!
Although they don't use the term tankoubon, unlike with Liberty, because they'll just be doujin (no publisher deal).
>>
>>2741864
Those types of stories are a completely different genre from romance. Just because they might add some romance in doesn’t mean they have the same audience base at all.

There’s nothing wrong with what you want, but even if Galette had top tier writers you still wouldn’t find what you’re looking for in it.

>>
Galette No.8 Preview:
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=71571505
>>
>>2746981
>preview for Liberty is just the cover
T-thanks I guess...
>>
Hello
=question because I haven't been here for a long time. We share raws?
>>
>>2754956
Yes and no. And yes.
>>
>>2754985
so maybe you have Galette No.3-6?
>>
>>2754988
Not that Nee-san, but here you go:
#3, 4, and 6:
https://www9.zippyshare.com/v/VKNDVi0o/file.html
#5:
https://www48.zippyshare.com/v/OMPb7DN3/file.html
>>
>>2756055
>https://www48.zippyshare.com/v/OMPb7DN3/file.html

Thank you !
>>
>>2756055
Thank
>>
No.8 is out for a limited time on Fantia. Can't DL it because you needed to subscribe to the normal course back in October. Anyone care to share?
>>
Please wait 5 days before sharing.
>>
>>2757934
Why 5 days specifically?
>>
>>2758047
Piracy largely only affects sales close to the release date. For video games anyways, not really sure about other media.
>>
>>2758047
>>2758053
Becasue after 5 days it will be available worldwide (amazon). For now it's only for Comitia event.
>>
I like that the readers want to see more adult/working life yuri. Good taste.

>>2758063
And enty/fantia supporters.

On that note, everyone remember to switch over to fantia since this will be the last enty release.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.83 MB, 4404x3106)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
Remember Octave?
>>
>>2758863
I do! Good times
>>
Meets is getting paper version. Meets1 and Meets2 will be available December 6 on amazon.

Also PDF version of Meets 1 and 2 is now available on fantia.
>>
>>2758863
The most realistic depiction of autism in yuri history.
>>
>>2760130
Back in the day there was a lot of autism in the yuri BUT it wasn't as stupid as it is today imo.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (614 KB, 2220x3106)
614 KB
614 KB PNG
>>
>>2760334
oh fuck oh shit
>>
>>2760129
>ガレットmeets1 (同人誌・74P) ¥ 1,389 (Dec 6)
>https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07KLQF9R3
>ガレットmeets2 (同人誌・72P) ¥ 1,389 (Dec 6)
>https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07KLTV993/
>ガレットmeets3 (同人誌・120P) ¥ 1,697 (Dec 29)
>https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07KLRS8CT/

Haven't read or seen anything about the meets content, are they mostly oneshots or multi part stories, are they light or heavy, etc, and most importantly are they any good or is it too short-form to be effective? I really wish they would just merge the two magazines and sell it for a little more reasonable. Galette proper is short for a magazine as it is anyway.
>>
>>2760364
One shots. Similar to Galette's one-shots, but most have a light erotic aspect. They're mostly quite atmospheric and nicely drawn, but short even by Galette standards and I can't remember any of what actually happened in any of the stories without having them in front of me.
>>
>>2760384
Thanks for the details, it sounds kind of like something I'd be interested in reading but I'm torn on buying them. I'm starting to look at all the money I sunk on Galette in general (around $250 by now) while they keep releasing more while raising prices for some reason. Wish they'd merge the two into one magazine and price it at 3000 yen or so instead. The magazine isn't exactly feature rich as it is.
>>
Now you can share it.
>>
Apparently Morinaga's series is on an indeterminate schedule now. Like Otsu, so that doesn't bode very well.

>橘田いずみ
>橘花いづみ
It takes chutzpah to name the sexy but unstable lesbian rock heroine of your story after yourself.
>>
>>2762329
Morinaga has a better history of sticking to schedule though. Poor Otsu, I love her stuff and wish her the best.
>>
>>2762329
I'm glad that she went for Tachibana instead of Kikka.
>>
>>2762329
Yeah, that sucks. There's a Q/A with Morinaga in the recent Galette Shinbun. Any interesting info about her?
>>
>>2762332
What happened to Otsu?
>>
>>2762698

>>2736177
>>
I think we've been saying this from the beginning, but Liberty is starting to feel more and more autobiographic.
Liz real name aside, they censored her interview in the magazine by leaving out the part in which she says that she likes women because they need to attract male fans too.
I wonder if something like this happened to Kitta Izumi too.
>>
>>2762738
>I wonder if something like this happened to Kitta Izumi too.
Likely.
>>
>>2762738
How'd you know there was something censored?
>>
>>2763173
Because they showed it?
>>
>>2763342
Where did they show it?
>>
>>2763420
There's a scene which starts with a panel showing the interview, presumably in a sample of the magazine before publication, with lines drawn through the relevant part where she says she likes woman and had been in love. There's a discussion with the manager where it's decided it will be edited. Then there's another scene where Liz's ex on a plane is reading the interview in what is presumably the published magazine and it's the edited version, leaving just stuff before the missing part about having felt restricted at school and having had to hide what she did that was different.
>>
File: liz_mag.png (989 KB, 4440x3106)
989 KB
989 KB PNG
>>2763420
>>
>>2763456
>Liz's ex on a plane
How do you know it's Liz's ex in the plane?
>>
>>2763472
Although she's more adult now (wearing her hair differently, lip gloss, lashes, etc.) she's still drawn to look recognizable. And the whole scene makes good sense as a cliff hanger if it's her. Like that the stuff the panelling implies she was reading and reacting to was referring to Liz's time at school (even with the edited out part missing she'd know Liz was referring to dating her). If it's not and therefore it's just a new character it would be really weird.
>>
I'm just surprised people still care about Liberty enough to discuss it.
>>
>>2763496
have you seen the whole new chapter or how do you know so much?
>>
>>2763522
I read the whole issue shortly after it was out on Kindle.
>>
>>2763538
ah ok. sorry for asking if it was annoying.

i'm looking forward to the new chapter.
>>
What is it with Galette and Amazon reviews in broken Japanese?
>>
>>2763570
What do you mean?
>>
Can someone upload the raws for this issue?
>>
Philia to Eros no Aida: it seems inevitable that Kurumi will tell Nika that the boy actually does have romantic feelings for her. That could well lead to Nika clearly choosing Kurumi (what I'd expect of a commercial yuri manga), but I could see this going the other way. After all there's Kyouko ready for Kurumi.
>>
I guess we have to give up on the raws, just like for Yuri Hime.
>>
I'll post the link to what I wrote in the Yuri Hime thread in case people in here aren't in there:

>>2774965
>>
>>2774968
Raws for Galette get posted though dumbass
>>
>>2774972
For issue #8? I can't find anything.
>>
>>2774972
Okay, relatively new fag here. What is dumbass and how do I access it?
>>
File: galette 8.png (138 KB, 978x556)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>2775029
Compared with Yurihime which hasn't had raws for months, Galette is only missing the latest issue.

If someone posts translation of 2人のエコー (both parts) in http://www.comic-medu.com/wk/gg_shortstories, I'll post my Galette 8 raws.
>>
>>2775381
Well, Galette 7 has been released months ago (august) while the anon who used to post both YH and Galette's raws disappeared after october's YH.

Try asking in the translation thread for that one shot. Do you buy japanese stuff without knowing japanese?
>>
>>2775616
I posted it one or two threads ago.
>Do you buy japanese stuff without knowing japanese?
I do.
>>
File: DvjXYOeUYAAVnsw.jpg (196 KB, 1200x881)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>
>>2784713
I'm sad that I didn't buy all of them and now they're going out of print.
>>
Meets 3 had a 30 page one-shot and all the stories were at least 12 pages (and those 2 are serials).

The issue announced that 4 would be out in March as Meets would be on a quarterly schedule, but now apparently plans changed and a 3.5 issue is going to come in March, with 4 pushed to April.
https://twitter.com/galetteweb/status/1081027826290122752
>>
Anyone want to translate something from Meets1 or Meets2 (I don't have Meets3 yet)? I can edit.
>>
Since some people were generous in the YH thread, I uploaded 8 and meets3.
http://www.mediafire.com/?c5ectlpykemctnd
http://www.mediafire.com/?kkaw3c9kr7dkqtc

I'd still like a tl of >>2775381
>>
>>2793372
Thanks anon maybe try to ask on the tl thread? I wish I'm confident with my japanese but I'm not.
>>
I have not seen neither ガ レ ッ ト meets1 and 2
>>
File: 040.jpg (448 KB, 1360x1920)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>2793372
Thank you, Onee-sama!
Morishima's artwork is just so great.
>>
>>2793372
thank you!
>>
I heard that Galette has been re-releasing PDFs of their earlier volumes. Has anybody gotten them and are they better quality than the previous e-versions?
>>
>>2795974
They are uncompressed and in higher resolution (2150x3350).

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.