[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 88 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

YuriHime
>robots
>schoolgirls oh wait it's age gap
>military
>schoolgirls
>adult life
>schoolgirls
>pre-schoolgirls
>fantasy
>schoolgirls with blades and powers
>animal ear schoolgirls
>schoolgirls
>schoolgirls
>schoolgirls oh wait that's age gap
>schoolgirls and magic plants
>elementary schoolgirls and a lolicon
>married girls?
>schoolgirls and maybe age gap
>schoolgirls
>>
>>2741232
You should put "Beg for raws and complain about things you can't read thread" in the title. These threads are worthless now.
>>
>>2741232
Uhh what's with that long greentext
>>
"Yuri Hime" means "Yuri Schoolgirls" in the dialect of Aichi-ken, which is where the founder of Yurihime is from.
>>
>>2741256
Last thread someone made a post about how many series were about schoolgirls vs adults (or any other topic)

Though in the case of Marching Puppy you could actually just describe it as
>Schoolgirls in military uniform
Hell, their school apparently even has a souer-like system like Marimite
>>
>>2741484
Yeah, it's definitely schoolgirl. Unlike Strike Witches where the girls are paid soldiers whose regular job is to fight battles, these girls only attend classes and deal with senpai/teachers.
>>
>>2741546
test
>>
What's wrong with schoolgirls though
>>
>>2743470
There needs to be more yuri about strong businesswoman CEOs (who look and act like schoolgirls though)
>>
>>2743470
The creative bankruptcy is what's wrong. There are many other facets of life and age groups and occupations that never get explored.

Also the infantilization of women and the fact that girl/girl relationship between school girls is seen as normal in Japan because "it's just adolescense." So it's a form of homophobia and fetishization.
>>
>>2743490
Sure, and heterosexual animes are mainly about schoolboys/schoolgirls because of heterophobia.
>>
>>2741240
>complain about things you can't read
But that only applies to EOPs like you.
>>
>>2743490
School setting is just the default in manga. Yuri Hime is doing more to get away from it than Galette, for example, but it won't ever stop being the default.

>Also the infantilization of women and the fact that girl/girl relationship between school girls is seen as normal in Japan because "it's just adolescense."
Again this bullshit. Japan doesn't believe it's normal for girls to date other girls as teenagers. They think it's normal to develop childish crushes that won't ever go anywhere. And none of the YH stories implies that.
In fact, there was a recent one shit which was the exact opposite. A girl playing love with several girls until they find boyfriends because she was afraid of getting her heart crushed again. Until she finds a girl who's an actual lesbian.
>>
>>2743490
>So it's a form of homophobia and fetishization.
Nice bait.
>>
>>2741232

Got this very issue while in Jaoan bu not opened the seal since I can't read moon, underestimated how thicc this book is though.
>>
File: 20180904043319.jpg (133 KB, 600x432)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>2744433
Probably this
>rin to shite karen na hana no you ni (childhood friends battle spirits of suicidal ideation)
>>
>>2741232
>robots
>pre-schoolgirls
This is all that is important
>>
>>2744442
One of these things is excellent, the other needs to go and stay go.
>>
File: karenjiii.jpg (22 KB, 640x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>2744443
You are only being vague because you know your level of culture is at stake here, nee-san.
>>
>>2744453
It's hella busy and the anatomy definitely gets wacky, but I find the distortion is consistent, so it bothers me less than artists who can draw certain angles and poses smoothly but collapse when they challenge something new. And hey, it's very expressive.

>>2744447
There's nothing interesting about preschoolers. I don't even know what story they're talking about, I must have ignored it very successfully.
>>
File: DrYsWM_V4AALtOZ.jpg (179 KB, 836x1200)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>
>>2744459
Yooo she's a neat pick for cover artist.
>>
>>2741232
>pre-schoolgirls
does this mean kindergartener or schoolgirls yuri sets in 1800/s1910s?
>>
>>2744459
Horiguchi? If this was the silver lining to her leaving Kyoani, I'd say we're doing pretty good.
>>
>>2744488
I wonder, is this a proof that she likes yuri? Pretty much all cover artists for yuri hime were yuri fans.
Then again, she could just be a choice because she's popular with the public.
>>
File: 1362917461996.png (90 KB, 361x264)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>2741237
>>
>>2741232
>so many series
>none of them are good
>>
File: IMG_0526.png (3.75 MB, 2048x1536)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB PNG
Nowhere in the OP does it mention
>teacher x teacher
>>
>>2745732
This is the true purest form of love.
>>
Hero and Former General ch2
>>2745389

Also tidied up the TL on the first chapter, assuming noone's started typesetting it yet: https://pastebin.com/faMkEa7A
>>
>>2745757
Did chapter 1 ever get typeset?
>>
>>2745774
No.
>>
>>2745732
From the "magic plants" thing and the order of other series, I think that tongue-in-cheek summary must have been done off the April issue (dunno why they referred to tsuredure biyori as adult life). So pikachi's adorkable teachers hadn't started serialization yet.
>>
>>2746154
Is there anyone typesetting it right now? I might be willing to do it if no one else is already working on it.
>>
>>2746209
There’s also Welcome to Prison Town, which if I understand right is
>human girl trapped on an island with monstergirls
>>
>>2746244
I'm heartbroken that nobody brought over my much more up-to-date post from last thread >>2739676 we could have avoided this.

ikemensugi desu shiki-senpai (schoolgirls)
luminous blue (artistic voyeurism)
saladbowl (gypsies)
joshikousei to ouji-chan (oneloli)
hayama-sensei to terano-sensei wa tsukiatteiru (pure maiden teachers flirting)
roid (beep boop)
goodbye dystopia (ruin exploration road trip)
itoshikoishi (takemiya jin agegap)
rin to shite karen na hana no you ni (childhood friends battle spirits of suicidal ideation)
prison town e youkoso (monstergirl prison lesbians)
yume no naka de kimi wo sagashite (schoolgirls? don't read and it's been gone for a while)

A couple of anons pointed out that the last one is:
>about a girl who loses her memories every time she falls in love
>shit. Unless you have a NTR/lesbian rape fetish, I guess
>>
>>2746250
I think someone mentioned somewhere it’s more of a mystery. Like one of the past girlfriends was actually trying to find out what was going on and apparently signs were pointing to the girl’s mother erasing her memories because she didn’t want her daughter to get hurt
>>
>>2746253
I can only take your word for it, as I tapped out at the very beginning.
>>
>>2746238
If noone else is, go ahead.
>>
Is My Unrequited going anywhere? I barely follow it anymore.
>>
>>2746771
Not yet. Side characters at the moment.
>>
I kept looking on amazon rankings past these three months. And it looks like Yuri Hime dropped in sales quite a bit. Before, they managed to be in top 3 Teen & Young Adult Comics & Graphic Novels. Now They are bearly in top 10. Why is that?
>>
>>2752928
Could be a fluke. Could be they don't have any titles running right now that are drawing people in. I can't think of a series in Yuri Hime that I'm dying to follow. All the big names in yuri are in other magazines, yagakimi being one of em. I think since citrus ended they haven't got many stories to bank on.
>>
>>2752933
>I think since citrus ended they haven't got many stories to bank on.
Could be. And Yuru Yuri on hiatus.
>>
>>2752933
>big names in yuri in other magazines
Like what, besides Yagakimi and Murcielagos?
>>
>>2752928
>Now They are bearly in top 10.
It's 6 this exact moment, two days after launch. You do realize these are daily rankings, right? Only way you can compare them is if you keep track from the whole month in each release.
For example, when Citrus last chapter was out, it probably ranked first because people wanna read it before spoilers were out. That doesn't mean they stopped buying it, but maybe they didn't care for buying it the day it launched anymore.

>>2752933
>I can't think of a series in Yuri Hime that I'm dying to follow.
I think this is stupid. There's way more interesting series now. They're just not as hyped as Citrus (which wasn't even that good). Unless you just like to read what others are talking about.
>>
>>2752959
>Only way you can compare them is if you keep track from the whole month in each release.
That's what I did for October, November and December issue. Before October every issue managed to stay above #3 many days after release date.
>>
>>2752966
Did you compare both version? Kindle version sits at 5 in this moment.
Anyway, I believe it's natural that when a series get to its climax, it sells more. After that, a lot of people go back to buy only the tanks they're interested in.
I doubt Citrus+ will make a difference, for example.
WataYuri is getting pretty popular, though. And I guess WataTen could be the next YrYr. It's better than YrYr at least.
>>
>>2752941
Kiss and a White Lily for one.
>>
This is dead
>>
>>2754394
The topic certainly is. Since the raw isn't posted in the thread anymore, there is a certain barrier to entry of discussion. Not that the barrier is anything more than a small fee, but it's been proven again and again even a small entry fee will keep out the masses.
>>
>>2754402
Why is nobody posting raws to the thread anymore? I thought that was one of the purposes of the thread along with discussion about it.
>>
>>2752968
>WataYuri is getting pretty popular, though.
Is it? The second volume sales seemed absolutely dismal, I guess the anime announcement must have saved it.
>>
>>2756050
What? I said WataYuri, not WataTen.
WataTen is the one getting an anime.
>>
>>2756191
Oh. I'm fucking blind, whoops.
>>
File: Ds9YS1VXgAEfTJs.jpg (98 KB, 576x827)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Looks like Iwami Kiyoko (author of that three-part serial about girl stealing her male friend's girlfriend) is getting a new serial.
But this time there's no boyfriend in the mix, it's three girls, so if it turns out to be NTR then looking forward to the drama.

I'm sure someone will scanlate it since this sort if sort is what scanlators seem to gravitate toward.
>>
>>2758951
Haven't read second chapter yet, but first chapter isn't drama heavy and it was promising.
>Camera girl loves take photos
>Camera girl went to school because she loves senpai photos
>Senpai tells camera girl the photography club is disbanded
>Camera girl is gay for senpai and wants to impress her. She looks for models to enter a contest
>Camera girl ask two pretty girls who are always together to be her models
>Camera girl takes photos of the pretty girls being awkward and gay with each other
>At the end senpai tells camera girl that the pretty girls were dating in the past but broke up
MC is interested in senpai, so I doubt it'll be a love triangle.
The two ex-girlfriends clearly have feelings for each other yet, though, so they probably have some drama.
Art is beautiful.
>>
https://bszip.com/14476.html

I found this for the issue of december but I'm unable to download 1 GB at the moment, can anyone try to download it and check if it's legit? And reupload it on a better host?
>>
>>2765072
Alas, both links seem to be restricted to premium users (most likely due to their size).
>>
>>2753159
A kiss and a white lily is not as popular as you think. Among hard core yuri fans like the likes of us who frequent /u/, sure, but its sales is pretty mediocre. Even the last volumes of boobs subtext and sexual harassment subtext sell more than last volume of AnoKiss.
The top dogs other than YagaKimi and Murcielago are all the series that no one in /u/ wants to talk about:
> Happy Yandere Life
> Futarigohan
> AniYome
> Shouraiteki
All the other favourites we have like Hanigare, AnoKiss, Kase-san or Amnesia don't even come barely close to any of those above.

If you guys love your version of yuri then fucking buy the tanks or support the magazine. I'm a broke as fuck student and I still spend on yuri.
>>
>>2765184
d/a, but their original point was just about the most popular titles being outside of YH.
>>
File: 1447300488669.jpg (50 KB, 960x870)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>2741232
>military
>married girls?
>>
>>2765255
Here comes the airplane, vrrooom, eat up
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_love_letter_for_the_marching_puppy
https://mangadex.org/title/29213/yurikon
>>
>>2765184
Big sales is not synonymous of quality. All of those titles sales better because they're barely yuri (AniYome isn't at all) and pander to normalfags. Hanigare, AnoKiss, Kase-san and Amnesia sell worse because we are the only ones buying it and there's no doubt they are more popular than the other four among us.
>>
>>2765685
d/a but they were talking about sales >>2752928
>>
>>2741232
nice
>>
Citrus+ launching in the February issue out next week.
>>
>>2743490
It sounds like you don't even know the origins of the yuri genre or understand that it's not just a generic label for lesbian media. Maybe you are on the wrong board.
>>
File: DuSZ-29W0AIaA_G.jpg (195 KB, 836x1200)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>
>>2771102
The cover is getting so cute.
>>
>>2771102
>cat
Horiguchi yes
>oneloli
Horiguchi no
>>
>>2765072
Ahh I tried the usual prem generator (deepbrid) I use, but it's coming up 404 not found for one of the host, and the other one is not supported. It's probably best for someone to shell out $22 (or save bing rewards points for amazon cards) for the 3 kindle on Amazon than to pay for a prem acc(about $30 more or less for one month) on one of those host just to get the files.
>>
>>2771987
My bad, the gift cards from bing would be tide to the US acc, can't even use the acc on the .jp site.
>>
Roid and Prison Town finished. Next issue, Yuru Yuri will be back and Kodama will be starting Uminekosou Days, about a young teacher and a yankee with a kid.
>>
>>2774143
>about a young teacher and a yankee with a kid.
>Kodama
Easy pass
>>
>>2774143
>Roid and Prison Town finished
Over already? That sucks. I like well over half of the newer series in YH so seeing all these end around 1-3 volumes is going to hurt.
>Yuru Yuri will be back
Finally. I guess I'll be ok after all.
>>
>>2774395
Their survival rate for series seems to be improving. I think the number of YH series that even had a 4th volume more than doubled in these last 2 years.
>>
>>2774407
Does it have more female readers now since males have been gone up.

>>2774146
>Easy pass

More like picked the fuck up.
>>
File: Duop9YGVAAUVV0y.jpg (211 KB, 1200x900)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>2774143
>Kodama will be starting Uminekosou Days, about a young teacher and a yankee with a kid.
>>
>>2741232
age gap is literally the most patrician yuri fetish
and so is school girls so
not sure what you want
>>
>>2774605
>kid has eyes and hair of teacher
Yankee boned teacher's sibling or something. Or someone who looks like her
>>
>>2774143
>Roid and Prison Town finished.
Bummed, I really wanted more from both of them. Could have happily gone on reading roid for a long time. Would have liked to see (and was kind of expecting) more of the side characters in Prison Town, not sure how I feel about that end yet. I hope Goodbye Dystopia lasts a bit longer.

Where the fuck is Burger Gypsies going. At least it's pretty.

>Next issue, Yuru Yuri will be back and Kodama will be starting Uminekosou Days, about a young teacher and a yankee with a kid.
Premise hits a lot of my buttons but I don't actually like Kodama's writing all that much so it's hard to be hype.
>>
>>2774703
>Burger Gypsies

Show me the pic illustration.
>>
File: salada_bowl.png (1.68 MB, 1047x748)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>2774793
I'm only calling it that because they were eating burgers in the first promo image.
>>
>>2774605
>long, black hair
>big boobs

sure thing not your type, kodama
>>
Does anyone have the remaining raws for Nov. and Dec.

Do we have any Raws for January and February if they are released.
>>
>>2774605
Is it known for a fact that the teacher isn't the mother?
>>
To all you fine people who were uploading raws before and have stopped. Just a question. Why did you stop? They were much appreciated. I'm really curious as to why you're not uploading anymore. 4chan has always been a place where stuff has been shared.
After all, Rules #6 and #7:

6. Anonymous can be a horrible, senseless, uncaring monster.
7. Anonymous is still able to deliver.

Has the buyfag thread overflow completely consumed these threads or what? Sure it's great to buy things if you can. There are a lot of nee-sans in circumstances where they simply can't do this, even if they want to. Anyway. I was just wanting to know why Anon has stopped delivering in this instance.
In B4 buyfags post reasons that you should buy (we know all those) and shitpost about Anons not buying.
>>
>>2774965
Pray that it gets into Kindle Unlimited then I'll post raws.
>>
>>2774965
Maybe they died.
>>
>>2771094
BL has the exact same origin as yuri (right down to sharing some of the same founding mangaka) yet it strangely doesn't have this issue at all.
>>
>>2774994
Oh, right, that's why there's so many good BL animes like the one where the teacher is dating the boy or the other one with pephiles.

>>
>>2774703
>Goodbye Dystopia
Isn't volume 2 the last one? I hate not knowing what I'm buying. I assumed it was finished from Amazon's info.
果たして、二人の旅路の果てには
一体何が待っているのだろうか。
I have no idea how could this go on longer than Roid.

>>2774143
New series by Kodama, let's hope this one will be something decent like Renai mang-
>>2774605
Nevermind, into the trash it goes, faster than NTR. Why do they keep publishing stuff like this in a yuri magazine? NTR had bad reviews everywhere.

>>2774965
I am a buyfag but I don't buy magazines like YH and Galette because there are too many series I don't like and I don't want to support, I do buy the volumes of the series I like but I need the raws to know what series are worth buying. When it comes to yuri you can never buy blindly.
>>
>>2774605
>teacher and a Yankee with a kid
>not teacher and a yankee kid
Yuri is doomed when I'll get my 'll harem manga
>>
>>2775019
>reviews
From people that buy the manga. The only thing that matters is sales.
>>
>>2775019
It seems Goodbye Dystopia will continue at least until 3rd volume. (9th chapter, which is the last chapter of 2nd volume was in 2019/01 and there will be new chapter in 2019/03)

And there is always sample for first chapter.
>>
>>2774605
Looks nice and interesting. I hope it's good like her last series.

>>2774624
or maybe the kid is a complete stranger because the yankee's job is to take care of kids. I don't know, she looks like an imouto of the teacher.
>>
>>2774703
>Premise hits a lot of my buttons but I don't actually like Kodama's writing all that much so it's hard to be hype.
To be fair, Kodama is perfectly capable of writing a normal story without all her drama baggage. It's just she also has a penchant for shitty main characters and love to get a reaction out of people with shitty drama. I actually rate her higher than a lot of other popular yuri authors, there is actually a lot of variations in her characters and her settings. Now if only she can write something tame like her last series.
>>
>>2774994
OK, well, first of all, yuri wasn't founded by mangaka, so we can see immediately that you have some mistaken conceptions about this genre. Now if you see the novels written by the actual originators of yuri like 川端康成 and 吉屋信子 you will notice that they are all stories about young schoolgirls engaged in intense romantic friendships (usually without any explicit sexual elements at all). Much later iconic yuri novels like マリア様がみてる follow this trend as well. So rather than being a flaw, schoolgirl relationships are actually the defining characteristic of this genre. Semi-pornographic manga about OLs or whatever is more appropriately classified as "lesbian" than "yuri."
>>
>>2775019
Only way for it to be like NTR is if the woman is married. Nothing in the image suggest that.
If she's a single mother, whatever.
>>
>>2775020
>haremshit
Hopefully never.
>>
>>2775059
BL started as intense relationships between adolescent schoolboys too you absolute idiot. KazeKi was the first to move from "romantic friendship" to "sexual relationship" because of a 10 year strike from its author. (You'll see the words 'romantic friendship' thrown around a ton in the old shoujo BL-lites like Banana Fish) That hasn't stopped the genre from expanding past its roots. (Not that there isnt still high school stuff but college is just as common)
>>
>>2775010
Yeah so unlike the pedo yuri anime last season, this season and next season which all have bigger age gaps than Super Lovers.
>>
>>2775057
I actually rather like characters behaving like shitty people, I just don't always find her versions particularly convincing. There are definitely one or two-parters that have worked, but it's very hit-and-miss.
>>
Does anyone know what is happening with the new ch of my unrequited love?
>>
>>2774965
I've never posted raws in these threads, but I have in past ones. I understand not everyone can buy the magazine, but:
Providing raws regularly seems to cause a ton begging posts both here and in the galette thread, strange when it should be the opposite.

Shitposting increases exponentially when the raws are posted.

It'd be one thing if posting led to an increase in thread quality but it does not.
>>
>>2775161
Nothing, like always.
>>
>>2775161
Uta is depressed as always. Meet some random(?) female person with a small kid and have a little chat. That was it.
And in between you can see Kaoru (was that her name?) as she also feels depressed. That was it!
>>
>>2775079
Yeah, let's pretend there isn't a yuri anime not pedo this season.
Even more than one, because if you consider UzaMaid yuri, you need to consider subtext and one-sided comedies.

BL fans are always complaning about how most BL mangas are the same smut shit.
>>
>>2775161
Kaoru is worried that it won't be healthy for Uta to live with her mom (given how it did not go well in the past) but isn't sure how to resolve the current post-confession awkwardness either.

Uta mulls over her the looming reality of separation, and how it bothers her despite the fact that she was planning to leave eventually anyways.

Miyabi is upset to hear Uta is leaving, as Uta has been helpful in the store and more importantly is the only one she can talk to about Chloe. Cue talking about Chloe.

Uta angsts about how it would be nice if she could enjoy being in love with Kaoru (rather than hating herself for them, and constantly trying to be rid of them).

Kaoru's friend tells that dodging the question and trying to maintain the status quo is a kid's way of playing nice, and she should suck it up and give Uta a clean break. She says Kaoru should know how rough it is to be in Uta's current position, having experienced something similar herself.

>>2775178
>Meet some random(?) female person
Ouch, poor Miyabi.
>>
>>2775178
>some random(?) female person
If you must reply to that question, the correct answer in your case would be "No"
>>
>>2775178
>what is reading
I'm just in it for the pretty pictures too sis
>>
>>2775183
well then...everyone is depressed.
>>
>>2775183
I thought that things would FINALLY go forward after Uta had her epiphany last chapter. Fuck this.
>>
>>2775183
So what, Kaoru will properly tell Uta to fuck off next chapter?
What a great manga; Uta can't help being in love with a straight retard and hates herself for it, and Miyabi is in love with a bitch. Can't wait for more angst next chapter.
>>
My Unrequited Love ch20 raw
http://imgur.com/a/nc2eLDC
>>
>>2775169
>Providing raws regularly seems to cause a ton begging posts
>Shitposting increases exponentially when the raws are posted
From what I've seen there are always begging posts b/c people want to read them. However, I haven't seen any decrease in shitposting regardless of whether or not there are raws posted. I'm pretty sure that's not related at all. In fact, there are a lot of "Thank You" posts when somebody actually posts raws.
>>
>>2775265
There have been significantly less of either since the raws stopped being posted regularly (the thread has been basically dead actually, but that's better than shit-flinging). "Thank you" posts are such a waste -- if you are going to do that, at least add something more to it, like what you enjoyed reading or what you're going to use them for.
>>
>>2775260
It looks like next volume will be the last one.
>>
>>2775344
I hope so
>>
I understand why people don't want to share raws here, but how come there is nothing even on chinese sites? It is even released digitally so it does not need all that work to rip it.
>>
>>2784715
The only thing I understand is that evidently anon doesn't want to deliver anymore. Anon may be a horrible uncaring, selfish monster, but Anon was still always able to deliver. I guess Hiroshimoot really did run all the old guard Anons away. I hate the new 4chan.
>>
>>2784715
or you can buy it yourself
>>
>>2775344
>>2775905

yeah, hella boring story
>>
>>2784715
Maybe because yuri fans everywhere care about the genre and don't want piracy ruining it.
>>
>>2784831
What I'm saying is that it's absurd to rely on only one anon, is the readership really that small?

>>2784870
You're being really annoying.

>>2784989
Well, I'm one of the biggest buyfags of the board, I just don't buy magazines because there is also shit I don't want to support mixed with the good stuff. I need the raw to choose what to buy, if there are no raws I won't buy anything because I don't want to end with fucking hetshit, like that one chapter in the first tank of the pervert loli that baited me with /ll/ for the whole chapter just to be revealed at the end that it was a fucking trap. And that will result in a loss for Ichijinsha. I don't care about piracy, they could upload their series on Comic Walker or something for a short period of time, I'm fine with being one or two chapters behind, it's not like they expect to sell more copies of an issue one or two months after the release, but I just won't buy blindly knowing all the shit they produce.
For example, if it wasn't for the raws, I wouldn't have bought Kodama's new book because, hey, it's Kodama, there's no way she could write something without guys, but thanks to the raws I could see it was a somehow decent story so Ichijinsha gained something. Stop assuming that piracy is always bad, if people don't want to buy something they won't magically start spending money just because they can't find it on the internet.
>>
>>2785080
>Well, I'm one of the biggest buyfags of the board, I just don't buy magazines because there is also shit I don't want to support mixed with the good stuff.
So read reviews and buy tanks like every other series.

>like that one chapter in the first tank of the pervert loli that baited me with /ll/ for the whole chapter just to be revealed at the end that it was a fucking trap
She only showed interest in the older girl anyway. It wouldn't go loli x loli ever.

>I don't care about piracy, they could upload their series on Comic Walker or something for a short period of time
Kadokawa owns Comic Walker.

I don't get the "I need to read it before buying" mentality. That's now how fiction goes.
Also, it's fucking 600 yen for a digital magazine. If you're crying about 600 yen, I believe you're lying about being "one of the biggest buyfags".
>>
>>2785184
Reviews from people that gives 5/5 to stuff like Kago no shoujo.

I said Comic Walker or something. CW is doing a good job with CUNE series, a similar service for YH's series would be great. They put some series on pixiv Comic but it's completely random and not regular at all.

I need to read it before because you should perfectly know how many shit is advertised as "yuri" and then is revealed to be hetshit where the girls have only to suffer for drama's sake. Normally it's not like this for non-yuri series, if I buy something and it's bad I just drop it, but buying yuri in order to read yuri and be left with surprise het or BFF it's terrible and devastating. I read yuri because reality is shit, I don't want to be hurt by fiction too.
It's not about the 600 yen. I have currently 927 volumes (no digital shit) of manga/novel and 35 DVD/Box for a total of 8235,22 € (according to my xls file) plus shipping and taxes only for the yuri stuff, so the money is not the damn problem here.
>>
>>2785569
Sorry for Ichijinsha to lose one customer then.

Everyone who buy magazine don't expect they read only mangas they like. Some they may like, some they may not care, others they may hate.

Yes it will be better for customers to have chance to read via free comic walker but there is no such thing now.

The only way is wait for the tankoubon actually arrives and ask for the story review here, since you don't trust the general review from amazon. (It seems Kago no shoujo has reasonable review in Amazon Japan though.)

Or just patiently wait for the raw. Maybe there is not many reader anyway.
>>
>>2785569
Magazines are a waste of money for me since I buy the tanks and I don't want two of everything. Avoiding het when buying yuri practically requires scrying with tea leaves on occasion since there's never that much information on new series in o/u/r little niche. That said, the majority of new YH series this year have been surprisingly good on the yuri front so I didn't have too much difficulty weeding out the few that I didn't want compared to previous years.
>>
>>2785569
>I read yuri because reality is shit, I don't want to be hurt by fiction too.
You'll be hurt regardless of if you paid for it or not.

>It's not about the 600 yen. I have currently 927 volumes (no digital shit) of manga/novel and 35 DVD/Box for a total of 8235,22 € (according to my xls file) plus shipping and taxes only for the yuri stuff, so the money is not the damn problem here.
So just buy the fucking magazine digital and get the tanks physical. If you bought all that, money is clearly not a problem for you even if you're going to read only half of the stories.
>>
>>2785589
>The only way is wait for the tankoubon actually arrives and ask for the story review here
Well, I don't care for that otoko no ko in the loli story, for example, since he's not a love interest and will probably be dropped soon. So I wouldn't even mention him. But that anon has clearly a problem with it.
Only manga I would say to avoid because of het is TodoIto. There's some others I would suggest avoiding because they're shit, though.
>>
>>2785623
http://refugee-chan.mobi/test/sr.cgi/pinkrefugee/1544785762/l50#res

You can ask them too given you can read and write Japanese.

>>2785752
Then one should ask more specific question. Like “Is there male character in the series? If so, what is his role?”. If someone is following the series, they can easily answer that.
>>
>>2785569
>Reviews from people that gives 5/5 to stuff like Kago no shoujo.
It's literally one of the worst rated yuri series on amazon. All my years of reading yuri and I've never seen a tank with lower rating than KagoShoujo vol 1 on Amazon.

>similar service for YH's series would be great
A lot of the series are on pixiv if you want to check out how they are like.

>It's not about the 600 yen.
For fuck's sake, YuriHime is literally the only running Yuri exclusive magazine left. Is it that difficult to shell out 600 yen to support it?

To be honest I don't buy your bullshit. I mean it's not like you are buying a hentai porn mag just for the Girls x Gaiden corner (though to be for the quality of the story there has been top notch for some reasons), this is a yuri mag we are talking about.
>>
>>2785875
But the point is exactly that I don't want to support it. A yuri magazine that produced a lot of shit in all these years. Actually I wouldn't be able to name a single series of YH that I can consider essential to read. Leaving aside the het, even among the yuri series there aren't series that are actually indispensable. Lately there are some interesting series but in the end they're always a lot of drama, badly written and end before of developing a satisfying story. The actual good yuri series come from non-yuri magazines, I'd say losing YH wouldn't be that much of a loss. It's more about quantity than quality, some stories (in particular the one shots) are totally empty and they publish them just because there are two girls flirting with each other so anything goes to reach the number of pages necessary for an issue.
Magazines are always more and more useless with even Jump dropping in sales, there are better ways to release chapters, again, Comic Walker is doing a great job and it doesn't seem the series published there are doing bad, actually YagaKimi is on CW and it's the best selling yuri series.
>>
Does anyone have a link on some upcoming issues to YH, so I can try to buy it on PDF. This bickering and whining stuff needs to end. I want to support YH and others Yuri stuff. We need this whole genre to grow like ever before.
>>
>>2785972
Look up コミック百合姫 on Amazon JP. The Kindle versions are 700yen each.
>>
>>2785875
>Girls x Gaiden
Isn't this being split off from exe? I remember hearing something about it a few months ago.
>>
>>2785946
Yagakimi will inevitably end, and then what? Thankfully Kadokawa still have an interest in the genre but it is always good to have at least one monthly magazine.
Or you can read KR.

CW’s Yagakimi is at chapter 13 by the way.
>>
>>2785991
Can I pay fromUS currency?
>>
>>2785992
It ended in paper and digital magazine ExE and moved into digital platform comic-medu.com. Some tankoubons published by them so girls garden should have a chance unless Avalon was complete failure.
>>
>>2786003
If you have Visa or Mastercard, yes.
You should set your address somewhere in Japan though.
>>
>>2786008
No sign of their serializations carrying on after the move to MeDu.
>>
>>2785946
>A yuri magazine that produced a lot of shit in all these years.
So, pretty much like any other magazine?
Published magazines always have high turnover rate and plenty of misses.
>Actually I wouldn't be able to name a single series of YH that I can consider essential to read.
2dk.
>The actual good yuri series come from non-yuri magazines
You talk as if we don't bitch about all the shounen yuri here all the time.
>I'd say losing YH wouldn't be that much of a loss
It's an absolute fucking loss. It's the only dedicated magazine for the genre at the moment. It supports and helps cofinance the publication of plenty of doujin yuri and it serves as a good platform for many of yuri fan artists to start enter the industry. And people and artists can totally see how much of a good investment GL is when the only dedicated magazine for the genre is dead while BL is being strong as ever.
>YagaKimi is on CW and it's the best selling yuri series.
YagaKimi doing well is not because of CW alone, it is published on Dengeki Daioh, one of the best selling shounen mag in Japan. No series on YH will ever be able to match the exposure YagaKimi, FutariGohan, Shouraiteki get from being on the big magazines.

Buying mag is pretty much the same as buying anthologies, i pay because I want to see more of the things and support the artists I love, not because I know beforehand the content of the entire thing. Of course it is perfectly fine if you don't want to pay for it as you deem it's not worthy of the value, but then begging others to show it to you is just a new low. And there is no lack of blogs which review yuri so it's not like you lack information either.
>>
>>2785946
>Actually I wouldn't be able to name a single series of YH that I can consider essential to read.
So you don't need the RAWs. Fuck off.
>>
>>2786008
>>2786017
Not a single serialization is continuing? That is devastating. GxG deserved much more.
>>
>>2786020
>pretty much like any other magazine?
You're just proving my point.

>2dk
You can't absolutely be serious.

>It's an absolute fucking loss
The people who read YH are the same ones that buy the tanks. Nobody but us know about its series, even we buy those series just because they're published in YH. Being published in other magazines give them more visibility and that's what the genre really needs, not being limited to one dedicated magazine that is bought always by the same niche of people. Even a very bad series like Shouraiteki is selling a huge number of copies.
And you can't be serious about YH helping the artists. They just choose random people on pixiv or at events and offer them to write a yuri series, if you read the authors' comments at the end of the volumes you see how they have no idea what they're doing because it's their first time and YH's editors basically let them free to do what they want and the results are the series that keep being axed in 2-3 volumes that say absolutely nothing. There are even authors that have never done yuri, I think it was Roid's author "I've never done yuri before, I don't know what is yuri, is this yuri?". And after the cancellation of the series those artists just disappear. While in other magazines the editors help the authors to correct what it's wrong because they better know what the public likes. It may be frustrating for the authors to have someone else put their hands in their own work, but that's the way to grow as an artist.

I'm not begging for raws, though? Not a single time in this thread or everywhere else. I just commented how the readership of this magazine is so small that even chinese people who rip everything think it's not worth to rip it.
Even this thread on a board full of yurifags who buy it has basically no discussion despite all the series published in it, with the only one somehow discussed being the het one.
>>
And what's this fixation with reviews? Do you really choose what to read based on opinions of people on internet you know nothing about?
I do give a look at blogs and similar sometimes and they're absolutely based with their own preferences with solid good volumes with a low rate and bad shit praised with high rates. I mean, there is people saying Gridman is yuri out there.
>>
>>2786430
Every lawbiding citizens' trusted (you might say flawed) method.
>>
>>2786428
Then it's settled. Everyone has right to shit on something without buying it.
I just hope that one less buyer isn't make or break for the magazine.

Someone pirate-minded is buying magazine for sure since citrus+ has already uploaded. They just don't bother to upload the whole thing.

I wish I could upload the damn thing and end this conversation but I am cheap so I only buy from bookwalker to save 48 yen sales tax and nobody seems to have a method to break its DRM.
>>
>>2786454
>Someone pirate-minded is buying magazine for sure since citrus+ has already uploaded

Scanlator probably bought their own raws, and it's not exactly a new thing for scanlators to not share raws.
>>
Hell yeah
>>
>>2786454
If you have an account in a certain anime tracker's site, there's someone out that says they can rip it for you (if you're willing to lend them your account).
>>
>>2786428
>The people who read YH are the same ones that buy the tanks. Nobody but us know about its series,
That's just not true.

>They just choose random people on pixiv or at events and offer them to write a yuri series,
They're not random and that's certainly not the only way they find mangaka. They're not different from other magazines. In fact many magazines don't have a contest and YH joins in with Kodansha's Days Neo site.

>There are even authors that have never done yuri, I think it was Roid's author "I've never done yuri before, I don't know what is yuri, is this yuri?"
Shiroshi has done yuri before.

>While in other magazines the editors help the authors to correct what it's wrong because they better know what the public likes.
The editors at YH do the same kind of work as editors at other magazine. It's bizarre that you could get the idea that they don't from supposedly reading afterwords.

As for editors at other magazines knowing what the public likes, that will often mean they tell mangaka to not do yuri. Iwami Kiyoko wasted years because of that.

And it's normal across the industry for a lot of new series to not sell well and get cancelled. Kirara group uses "guest" publication as pilots to test response before serialization, and they still cancel a ton within 3 volumes.
>>
>>2786428
>Being published in other magazines give them more visibility and that's what the genre really needs, not being limited to one dedicated magazine that is bought always by the same niche of people. Even a very bad series like Shouraiteki is selling a huge number of copies.
You can't be serious. Yuri wasn't even a genre considered for those "big magazines" before it became more popular because of, guess what, Yuru Yuri. You're forgetting Yuri Shimai came in a time yuri was "two girls love each other, but they must marry men to be happy". We probably wouldn't have even YagaKimi without them.

>They just choose random people on pixiv or at events and offer them to write a yuri series
Common practice. Cune even does it more than Yuri Hime.

>if you read the authors' comments at the end of the volumes you see how they have no idea what they're doing because it's their first time and YH's editors basically let them free to do what they want and the results are the series that keep being axed in 2-3 volumes that say absolutely nothing.
The editors clearly give their input, otherwise we would have actual het as the main plot in the magazine.As for editors asking a genre the author doesn't do much, don't forget Nakatani's main genre isn't yuri and she was asked to do it by the editor. She even says her next series won't be yuri.

>And after the cancellation of the series those artists just disappear.
They disappear if they want to. Most artists keep making one shots in the magazine. Some try others magazines. The Mimi Mix author has a new serialization starting in another magazine, for example.

>While in other magazines the editors help the authors to correct what it's wrong because they better know what the public likes.
Literally every magazine has early cancelations as well as bad editors. Editor isn't one person.
>>
>>2786428
I'm glad other people are arguing with you, because I wouldn't bother. Obnoxious ignorance like you're displaying is one reason why I don't discuss much here.
>>
>>2786456
>>2786460
Literally why did you delete your first post and re-upload it just to reddit-space it and change the wording just a bit to mean virtually the same thing?
>>
Anyone else feel like Yuri Hime just isn't what it used to be?
>>
>>2789736
Yep, it only keeps getting worse. I think that all those yuri series running in CUNE are what YH should be doing. I can't believe half its shit is not even explicit yuri anymore or just really lame.
>>
>>2789736
I feel it's easily the best it's ever been now.

>>2789739
>I think that all those yuri series running in CUNE are what YH should be doing.
Including the 2 about the protagonist earning a living using a person she knows as a model for het ero manga without their knowledge?

Even leaving that aside, while it's nice that Cune has by far the most yuri series of a non-yuri magazine, it's pretty narrow in the type of stuff it does and none of them are as good as the best series in YH.

>I can't believe half its shit is not even explicit yuri anymore or just really lame.
Most of what's in YH is clearly gachi yuri.
>>
>>2789736
It's actually been pretty great recently.

>>2789739
>I think that all those yuri series running in CUNE are what YH should be doing
No thanks, YH was the fucking worst when it was trying to be cute. Besides, why would you want a second magazine full of the same style of stuff that CUNE is already doing? Just stay in your lane man.
>>
>>2789795
>Including the 2 about the protagonist earning a living using a person she knows as a model for het ero manga without their knowledge?

You're forgetting Renai Kinshi Gakuen. Wish people would stop shilling CUNE as some paragon of yuri
>>
Yuri Hime 2019 January
https://mega.nz/#!FNlHlSzQ!ggn-8MtHV3YQxikri2iwyT7lFbkHJZyC_W6zHLR72VA
Yuri Hime 2019 February
https://mega.nz/#!1Y1xRQoC!EsUcVHTFZT6yD_NEuDOpoFTSHYeGeTK1rqU8moNaoms

I searched a bit in the archive to see if the 2018 December issue was uploaded at some point, but it doesn't seem like it. I found a link for November, but it's limited to premium users now so I can't get it. It will be a few days, but I would get those two issues uploaded if there really are no links to them anywhere.
>>
>>2789795
>I feel it's easily the best it's ever been now.

>>2789799
>It's actually been pretty great recently.

I agree with you two.

>>2789739
>I think that all those yuri series running in CUNE are what YH should be doing
CUNE has some good yuri mangas, but most are trash shit.
>>
>>2792364
wow!! thank you very much
>>
>>2792364
Thanks, sucks prison town ended already
>>
>>2792364
Thanks!
>>
File: Dwdnxu7WoAUgh_5.jpg (259 KB, 837x1200)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>
>>2792364
I got November Issue if you still want it
>>
>>2792729
I would appreciate it if you would, since that would save me some money. This means I can get the December issue out in a few hours instead.
>>
>>2792412
Read the first chapter.
Felt like I’d missed at least three chapters of character introductions and world building
>>
>>2792844
Yuri Hime 2018 November
https://mega.nz/#!QIRlUa7Q!gVsbXs8AeVmgyDphEdKkeFpQQP9av-BQC2WfwzaTSzE
>>
>>2792868
Thank you very much! Looking at the resolution of the images makes me wonder where they were ripped from, since they're slightly larger than the Kindle rips. If I knew, I'd get those instead.
>>
>>2792364
Yuri Hime 2018 December
https://mega.nz/#!wYNEhQgJ!0S4f5dH1qDyNdg78POTwVB9XoBa0viBpZ64y6wIssM0
>>
File: 1546639566668.jpg (316 KB, 1041x736)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>2792364
>>2792868
>>2793095
Thank you very much for sharing these! I'm using these to study Japanese
>>
>if you win you can do what you want with my body
I see Scarlet's author didn't lose his rapey tendecies.
>>
>>2793141
You can get around 56 old editions (most pre-2012) on the internet archive:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=yuri+hime
>>
>>2792364
Thank you!!
>>
File: Satou_Sei_Approved.jpg (51 KB, 640x480)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2792364
>>2792868
Thank you so much, Onee-sama(s)! You (two) are goddess(es) amongst women.
>>
>>2792364
>>2792868
>>2793095
Onee-samas, you have put my faith back into the rule that Anonymous is still able to deliver. Thank you!
>>
>>2793590
Wow, didn't know about these. Thanks anon
>>
>>2765255
Sounds like every kancolle doujin
>>
>>2771064
The real news
Cancerous, but still news

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.