[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 98 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: 1543064475123.jpg (3.56 MB, 1440x8296)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB JPG
Well it's not so bad, right?
>>
File: 1537471134306.jpg (55 KB, 774x570)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2757126
>not so bad
>motherfuckingWataten

That aside: Kemurikusa, Endro! and Flying Babies look like they might be good for subtext. Kemono Friends 2 will be Kemono Friends 2. Kakegurui will have more side lesbians. I seem to recall Mahou Shoujo Tokushuusen Asuka having subtext when it wasn't being super edgy.

Is the "shopkeeper" in Pastel Memories male? I don't see any male VAs listed for it. So maybe some subtext there.
>>
>>2757145
>>2757126
Manaria Friends and Mini Toji too.
>>
>>2757145
I should probably skip past Bermuda Triangle then..might be garbage.
>>
>>2757201
>not going with the goofy original of the season
One never know, those anime who gives 0 shits trend to be the best
>>
File: 1542484574988.png (661 KB, 1280x720)
661 KB
661 KB PNG
>>2757126
Looks dry apart from Princess Principal Requiem. I thought Black fox and Watashi ni Tenshi were coming next season.
>>
>>2757145
>Kakegurui will have more side lesbians.
As long they won't skip the student council scenes, but then in first season they skipped that and added a non-yuri love confession ending from nowhere.
>I seem to recall Mahou Shoujo Tokushuusen Asuka having subtext when it wasn't being super edgy.
Well two villain women fuck each other, so that's that, plus the best female friend of MC is in love with her too. Then scanlation of the manga stopped so who knows what we got later.
>>
>>2757234
Look again neesan, WataTen is on the chart
>>
WataTen and Endro are the only two with /u/ content pretty much guaranteed.

As usual, keep an eye on the all-girl SOLs, too, as those have been getting really fucking gay lately, and, even if there's not enough subtext, you can happily ship without worrying about a het love interest destroying it.
>>
>>2757386
>without worrying about a het love interest destroying it.

>Two car flashbacks intensifies.
>>
>>2757386
>you can happily ship without worrying about a het love interest destroying it.
I hear Murphy.
>>
>>2757201
It's Bushiroad. Watch it to show your gratitude for Bandori and Revue Starlight.

>>2757145
Pastel Memories self insert in the game is a male.
>>
>>2757467
Not gonna lie, I lol'd a little
>>
>>2757476
>Bandori
>gratitude
>>
File: 1542360405201.png (1.8 MB, 850x1254)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>2757126
It's worth noting that part 1 of the Princess Principal sequel will be released during Winter.
>>2757234
At this rate I think Black Fox will air in Spring.
>>
>>2757530
Bandori brought about the Bandolution. Watch it and give your money to Kidaani.
>>
File: 1519607124854.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>2757563
>It's worth noting that part 1 of the Princess Principal sequel will be released during Winter.
We'll have to wait for the DVD/BD, right? damn.
>>
Wake me up when they make Flip Flappers 2. If I ever learn how to draw, I'll fucking make it in doujin form if they won't.
>>
>>2757259
The official release is slightly ahead of the scanalations. The russian girl has a thing for the MC too, and the blond murrican may have a thing for the MC's best friend.
>>
>>2757726
It won't happen because because you didn't buy the BDs. How can you even live with yourself?
>>
>>2757843
I bought the collectors edition though!
>>
>>2757464
Wasn't the coach introduced in the first episide?

Anyway, I was talking more along the lines of Kirara adaptations and similar stuff.
>>
>>2757741
>The official release is slightly ahead of the scanlations.
Are they e-book or just in paper form?
>>
File: 054.png (702 KB, 1441x2048)
702 KB
702 KB PNG
>>2757126
I'll be watching Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita.
From manga it feels like a light yuri comedy like in Yuru Yuri series.
>>
>>2757958
Amazon only seems to have it in paperback and paperback copies are all I've seen and bought. Would explain why the official translations of the chapters passed the scanlations haven't popped up or anything.
>>
>>2757126
>Wataten isn't a short
Praise the sun.

Sign me up for that and Bandori S2.
Keep an eye out on Bermuda Triangle, Circlet Princess, Endro, Kemono Friends S2, SpecOps Asuka and Pastel Memories. Those may yet collapse horribly.
>>
>>2757126
As unlikely as it is, I really hope we will get some SayoHina hints in bandori S2. All the dumb EOPs on twitter would probably commit suicide it happened.
>>
>>2757126
There's also Bang Dream S2
>>
>>2757145
How yuri is kakegurui? I heard people say that the main girl shows a lot of affection towards another girl, but the main character is a guy so I've always been sketchy on trying it.
>>
>>2758201
It's the "has side lesbian but not really yuri" kind of series.

Main is gambling sexual so I doubt there will be any romance with the male lead. There is a 2nd female lead, who has a super gay prequel spinoff (Nakatani's editor actually called it yuri), but her female partner in the prequel doesn't show up or even get mentioned in the main series, where she is also shown to be interested in the guy for a few times. The irony is that the prequel girl is uncanny similar to the male lead in the main series, so I guess that girl is just into losers in general.

The lesbian is in love with the final boss and she has one whole arc for her so if you just want yuri you can read that.

A funny side note: the top 3 fan vote couples in the series are all yuri couple, with the second most popular being the 2nd female lead and another girl who appears for like 10 panels (vice prez) ... I'm /u/ and I dont even understand yuri fans mindset sometimes...
>>
>>2758201
MC is actually Yumeko, male is just an audience surrogate. He’s not as important in the manga like he is in the anime, but he does still stick around. It’s worth a read sis, especially the Tower of Gay Doors.

Kakegurui is the type of series I live for, shame there isn’t more fanart for it. I myself have a fic idea but I’m waiting for the manga to get another arc or so finished for more established canon to work with.
>>
>>2758312
The world doesn't only consist of yurifags and non-yurifags. Many people are casuals who like any kind of couple as long as the chemistry is appealing to them.
>>
>>2758343
I also love Kakegurui manga and think that's exactly the kind of things that yuri need. The anime though ruined it a bit due to the inflated het subtext.
>>
>>2758349
>inflated het subtext
I don't remember very much of that, can you elaborate?
>>
>>2758438
Yumeko flirted with the MC way more than in the manga, especially in the russian roulette arc.
>>
>>2758349
>I also love Kakegurui manga and think that's exactly the kind of things that yuri need.
So has everyone just forgotten Shitsurakuen now?
>>
>>2757126
They are adapting Boogiepop?
Holy fuck, i hope they make a better job adapting it than what they did with Junji Ito...then again Madhouse is solid af.
Also next season looks pretty good on general stuff than yuri, the movie stuff looks pretty good.
>>
>>2758550
only few general stuffs that sounds interesting desu
>>
>>2758550
They did an adaptation of one or two of the earlier books in 2000, but hopefully, this will adapt more of them.
>>
>>2758549
That shit had been shit from the beginning with the over the top edgy abuse and bland plot. Everyone is just tolerating it because yuri. Thanks to the ending with the rapist apologist bullshit that people started to be smarter.

Kakegurui on the other hand is an interesting manga on its own, with or without yuri. Yumeko is batshit insane and talented, plot revolves around battles that requires strategy, and characters have their own goals instead of just a trophy love interest. Those are the traits of Murcielago and Saki too.

I just want a terrifying femMC who does her own things among people who do their own things.
>>
>>2758438
His confession alone gave Yumeko an orgasm, fuck that anime.
>>
>>2758592
I know, but that was more or less a supplementary work.
Like you needed to know the novels to actually get the crux of the stories, the OP and the ED of that animu was god tier thou.
>>
>>2758642
Toru Naomura authored both manga. Also, Shitsurakuen being bad is post hoc rationalisation.
>>
>>2758990
Fucked up people can learn.

>rationalization
Are you implying I didn't drop that shit halfway through due to boredom?
>>
>>2758642
>Kakegurui on the other hand is an interesting manga on its own, with or without yuri.
Not really, the resolutions to every 'fight' are rather boring.
>>
>>2763597
the sad thing about Kakegurui (I still do not see it) is that the anime was welcomed by the fandom of perverts and not so much by the yurifags.

I remember two Manga, that their first seasons were not faithful, but they still held up well and when S2 came it all went to hell, but the perverts saw nothing wrong with that (both s2 were failures) if S2 of Kakegurui does not go for that route, I'll look at the Anime, I just hope that people do not omit important details just because they like it.
>>
>>2764213
The AO3 yuri scene for Kakegurui looks kinda active-ish, but yeah, a lot will depend on S2.
>>
>>2757126
I pick Mermaid Idols.
>>
I like these threads, a collected list with possibilities. Question: Do we have any follow ups of past seasons that informs what actually delivered?
>>
>>2769111
people ignore many titles for silly reasons, for example this season we have one that is delivering, but was ignored early for a single episode.
Honestly it's easier to talk about disappointments and those that did not do well.
>>
>>2757126
>Endro
>Flying Babies
>Kemono Friends 2
>Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai
>Spec Ops Asuka
>WataTen
>Pingu
>Manaria
>Mini Toji
Anything else?
>>
>>2769128
People have their own preferences. It's equally retarded to insult someone for disliking something just as it is for liking something. Nothing but petty and useless fights.

It's not hard to make a thread that objectively mention highlights of a series so that people can make informed choices, as opposed to endless opinionated shitposts that tell them what they should do. "ABC is really good, watch it! XYZ is shit because of that episode with males!" are examples of shitty posts that will invite nothing but unproductive argument per "muh opinion > ur opinion". "ABC has an all-girl cast and a canon yuri couple, plot focus and very little romance. XYZ has a lot of yuri ship teases but there's one episode where all the girls fawn upon a male character who was never mentioned again" are informative posts that let people know what they will be getting into, not picking a fight.
>>
>>2769138
I have seen two pages that try to do that, but the problem is that, their personal tastes have great influence on the "Yuri level" they watch in certain Anime.

One gave too much credit to Kuzu and Hetgatari, while ignoring Takyo Musume (Gay pinpong) another was too much too self-righteous with Ongaku Shoujo TV, basically ignoring their problems and inflating the little subtext.

Frankly I would like to help with that, but I do not have a lot of time, I continue 28 series per season, something has to serve that.
>>
>>2769138
>>2769142
If we ignore trying to subjectively grade the subtext, has there been any actual "text" shows recently?
>>
>>2769145
Actually the subtext of can qualify, but people do a horrible job on that.
the other problem is, what "text" means, there are examples of girl in love with others in series that are not harem het (means there are no contradictions), there are secondary pairs and a lot of romantic tension between the characters.
But even these elements are ignored, we even ST is a victim of people who simply do not like it and makes them see that they are "objective".
>>
>>2769130
>Flying Babies
Too much not known.

>KF2
Hinges entirely on the new human character. If male, it's lost.

>Kouya no Blah Blah
Might work, might not.

>Pingu
>implying
>>
File: 1516843085961.png (33 KB, 366x354)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>2769192
>not knowing about Pingu's lesbian side couple
>>
File: 1464908305047.gif (135 KB, 480x270)
135 KB
135 KB GIF
>>2769192
They wouldn't add males to KF, right? Right?
>>
>>2758990
Naomura isn't the writer for Kakegurui.
>>
>Watch Dororo PV
What is this, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: The Anime?
>>
>>2769201
>noot noot
>>
If this new city hunter is modern day, I'm placing my bets there will be yuri buried somewhere in it
>>
Winter looks great, it's Spring that we need to be worried about. With Symphogear delayed, best hope for an early Black Fox air date or some good new announcements or it's shaping up to be another Spring 17 with just Bocchi to carry it.
>>
>>2772706
Spring will also have Carole & Tuesday, chibi Witches, and a few all-girls shows with potential.

>another Spring 17
That had Hinako Note, Seven Sins, and most importantly, FAGs.
>>
>>2769569
Nah, City Hunter is really straight and thats ok considering its a deep 80s/90s mango inspired by action flicks of those decades.
>>
>>2757126
It's Manaria, Minitoji, and Wataten for me.
>>
>>2757649
Why don't you fly to Japan and record it discreetly?
>>
>call your show Girly Air Force
>it has a male protagonist

This is a hate crime and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
>>
>>2773180
>>call your show Girly Air Force
>>it has a male protagonist
>This is a hate crime and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Worst part it's an Infinite Stratos premise
>>
>>2773193
If only IS(insert your average haremshit here) has no male protag.
>>
>>2773193
Is that the one where the girls all love the self insert simply because he's literally the only boy around?
>>
>>2773180
At least there's another show featuring girls in planes that may have some yuri.

>>2773259
Yes, but that's more or less every harem ever.
>>
>>2773259
Isn't it "only girls can use this power, except for this one boy"?
>>
>>2773336
>At least there's another show featuring girls in planes that may have some yuri.

And by the director and writer of Shirobako.
It doesn't make yuri more likely, but make it more likely not to be complete trash.
>>
>>2773340
Yeah so he attends this academy that's 100% girls except for him right? So he's the only boy around.
>>
Know what would greatly improve shitty het harems? If the boring male MC hooked up with the worst girl or one no one gives a shit about and all the other girls went full /u/.
>>
>>2773451
>Know what would greatly improve shitty het harems?
not het harems, and yuri harems instead
>>
Hope this isn't bait. wont raise my hopes very much though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbVaFnx-uAw&feature=share
>>
>>2773451
>Know what would greatly improve shitty het harems?
Replace the male MC with a girl.
>>
File: 22.jpg (136 KB, 728x1032)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>2757126
>Mahou Shoujo Tokushuusen Asuka
I hope translations resume with the animu, worked for Killing Bites after all (although KB gained a dedicated fanbase, so let's hope for the best).
>>
>>2773479
Or cut him out.
99% of male harem MCs are the worst characters, simply by virtue of being boring as hell. They're blank slates to self-insert after all.
Exceptions DO, as always, exist, however rare.
So the stories often work better without him, since all the personality and character went to the girls anyway.
>>
>>2773946
That may be trickier as it has an official english release now, unlike Killing Bites. That being said, the group currently scanlating it did say they would continue translating the series regardless, but we haven't gotten any updates since then.
>>
>>2773977
>it has an official english release
Oh well, that explains why they stopped.
I was sad that it got seemingly abandoned, so this is actually good news.
Might buy it as well.
>>
I imagine a number of people know this already but, First ep of Manaria Friends was leaked and was mildly enjoyable.
More important than that however, Greya was both adorable and smoking hot. Will watch.
>>
>>2778743
>First ep of Manaria Friends
Just watched the of clip for it. First episode leaked a moth before it's set to air?!?
I'll be interested in watching it at the end of January.
>>
With last week and this week wrapping up a lot of the yuri shows we've been watching I'm sure there are many wondering when the next new potentially yuri show will begin airing. What's first on the line up of new things to air? Anything stating this week or next? (Seems like a few aren't going to start until the end of January).
>>
>>2782520
Bang Dream 2 starts next week. All other relevant shows start the week after that.
>>
>>2782556

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check it out. Wonder if I should rewatch season 1 if bang dream to get me in the mood / mind set...
>>
Just watched a preview trailer for Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine anime . Looks like an all girl baseball show.
>>
Kyochuu Rettou looks like it may be all female, but it's also horror, so I don't expect anything from it.
>>
>>2787165
Stop it, that manga is downright disgusting
>>
>>2787165
You're joking?
The cast is mixed and msot scenes are of guys fucking or raping girls in it, not mentioning insects raping the girls and also guys in it.
Yes you get one girl x girl scene in it but said girls get killed off anyway. There is a maybe yuri couple between femMC and a class rep, but that never gets anywhere reading all released chapters so far and the femMC also gets almsot raped by a guy.
Since it will be released as an OVA and you can stomach completely non-yuri explict fanservice of all kinds and a small yuri scene, go for it.
>>
>>2787186
>>2787292
Well, that really bugs me.

>>
Egao no Daika just popped up on my subbed feed.

Anyone know if it's /u/-friendly or not?
>>
>>2789594
Not in the first episode. If you don’t mind non-yuri, it has good visual though.
>>
>>2789594
As of episode one, outlook doesn't look good. Don't bother until further notice.
>>
>>2789601
>>2789603
Thanks nee-sans
>>
>>2789601
>it has good visual though.
Not really, it's rather poor and full of quality of the bad kind.
If that's first episode which should wow the viewer they did really awful job on it.
>>
>>2789594
Only one of the two yuri characters appeared in the first episode. i was surprised and disappointed that the blonde from the pvs is a guy . The ending credits show that the two main girls will be yuri.

I suggest you do watch the first episode (world building) now as this will definately be a show to watch this season, so you might as well get the one that doesn't have yuri (also doesn't have het) out of the way since it should be watched before the other episodes anyway.
>>
What am I watching this season besides Asuka?
>>
>>2790338
Wataten.
>>
>>2790338
WataTen?
I couldn’t stand UzaMaid but find WataTen to be cute.
>>
>>2790338
Endro
>>
>>2790338
maybe wataten and endro, rest is full googles territory.
>>
>>2790373
Why does everyone keep saying Endoro?
I saw a PV and if I didn’t see it was an original I would have thought it looked like it could have been a Kirara SoL goggles anime.
>>
>>2790392
Because Namori is attached to the project.
>>
File: Angry Tama.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>2790392
There's this tone in this post that implies Kirara series can't be yuri.
>>
>>2790338
Read the thread.
>>
>>2789594
Cost of Smiles aka Egao no Daika. Het route officially dead. Yuri route all green!
>>
File: great.png (81 KB, 253x250)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>2794172
>>
>>2794172
Top 5 of the lamest deaths in anime
>>
>>2794172
What, seriously? I sort of saw it coming with the whole “he’s a hotshot... in the simulator” deal but never thought they’d actually go through with it
>>
>>2794172
spoilers?
>>
File: 1458351105110.gif (1.33 MB, 540x349)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB GIF
>>2794324
>>
>>2794324
Girly-looking boy that was considered the het threat got killed off in an incredibly lame fashion. He narrowly survives a cocky kamikaze moment but then just kinda dies, either from blood loss or some kind of infection.
>>
>>2794376
Is he really 100% dead or one of those cases of "looks dead, comes back to ruin the series"?
>>
>>2794393
medically diseased, in a hospital or whatever.
>>
>>2794393
We see the body. Princess-chan sees the body. Her reaction is tragically over-the-top.
>>
>>2794376
ok that's kinda funny
>>
>>2794394
>>2794396
Cautious optimism, then.
>>
>>2794172
Nani?
>>
I seriously hope none of you watch shitty shows just because it's /u/
>>
>>2794402
I watch every show that produces even a single picture of yuri fanart, and you can't stop me.
>>
Magical Girls Special Ops Auska looks promising. I think its pretty clear bathing suit bad girl has the yuri going on with her servant girl at the least.
>>
>>2778743
>First ep of Manaria Friends was leaked
>>2778743
I see the 1.0 version has been out for a little while. Should I give it a watch, or wait for the official release?
>>
>>2794425
Whatever you want, it's the same, but if you wait for the official release you will have better video quality. You can also watch both.
>>
>>2794424
If you read the manga you would know a lot of more girls have their yuri going on
>>
>>2794424
>>2794427
Sorry gotta ask. Is this in any way edgy like Site or Keikaku? I'm not a fan of suffering yuri
>>
>>2794495
It has savage gore, edginess but no rape.
I haven't gotten any feelings of great pain or despair, I haven't read much though, can't moon.
>>
>>2794499
I only know of one page an anon posted her parents were being held hostage by whatever group is making her fight, and to incentivise her they sent her their severed fingers
>>
>>2794499
As long as the girls aren't being killed left and right I can stomach a bit of gore

>>2794501
That's fucked up. Is the manga still ongoing?
>>
>>2794501
what? her parents were captured by the ENEMY, the enemy is the one sending her severed parent parts
>>
>>2794506
Still fucked up. If you think about how many Precures lose their secret identity within a few days of becoming Precure, like, doing their henshin right IN FRONT of the bad guys... it a good thing none of them are actual villains
>>
>>2794509
I think you forget certain details, one of the mothers in Precure was kidnapped and the villain was passed by her, or when the brothers of a cure, were kidnapped and almost killed, also a father murdered by the final boss, the target audience is what stops the villains from going any further, if you put Joker in a more adult series, it would not be different from other Jokers.
>>
File: 1542544412196.jpg (27 KB, 640x520)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>2794499
>>2794501
Why can't we have normal magical girl anime anymore? Why does everything have to be 5deep edgeshit?
I blame Madoka
>>
>>2794690
Unless that Joker is THE Joker. Then the audience becomes irrelevant and, depending on the Joker's mood, a target.

Now pick a card.
>>
>>2795029
You have precure almost all the time, you had the new sailor moon and CCS not long ago. We still have nanoha. Stop complaining, if you can't take edgy stuff don't watch.
>>
>>2795029
I agree, its all Madoka's fault.

>>2795033
Nanoha's pretty dead these days and it predates Madoka by quite a lot.
Precure's the only one which you can guarantee won't be edgy.
>>
>>2795029
>>2795035
Hold on, wait. You two are being really unfair, blaming Madoka for the actions of others isn't right. Just because Madoka did something new and other people decided to copy it until it got boring and predictable doesn't mean that you should be upset at Madoka for it. Blame the other people who copied, they're the problem.
>>
>>2795029
>>2795033
Symphogear too, if you count it as magical girl, and by extension things like Akanesasu Shoujo.
Really, people who complain about all magical girls being edgy just don't watch anything other than the most popular stuff.
>>
File: 1506605302792.jpg (181 KB, 1280x1280)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>2795033
>only non edgy magical girl anime nowadays are 6576377374 season of [insert endless magical girl anime that started years ago here]
Fucking great.
Also
>CCS
Not even yuri
>>
>>2795044
See >>2795043

>Not even yuri
Not the point.
>>
>>2795043
Because the less popular stuff are the remnants of a bygone age: the age where magical girls were straight.

I'd take edgy yuri over fluffy het every time, every day.
>>
>>2795047
Because Symphogear and Akanesasu are so het, right?
You are correct in that edgy mahou shoujo leans much more to yuri though..
>>
>Madoka
>Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
>Mahou Shoujo Asuka
"Oh my god, I'm tired of all these edgy mahou shoujos. We are flooding in them."

With a lot of effort you could include YYY and WIXOSS in there and you still would have 5. Not everything out there have to be of your liking, get over it.
>>
>>2795051
You forgot Mahou Shoujo Site.
By the way I love edgy grimderp mahou shoujo and I want more.
>>
>>2795051
>>2795058
You forgot Gennei Taiyou. Just like everyone else
>>
>>2795087
Gayest werewolf to date.
>>
File: taiyou04.jpg (630 KB, 1280x1864)
630 KB
630 KB JPG
>>2795092
Indeed.
>>
regular mahou shoujo shows are boring as fuck, only grimdark is fun
>>
>>2795518
Fake and gay.
>>
File: Popnod.gif (12 KB, 90x90)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
>>2795518
The wet gay truth
>>
>>2794499
Kind of like Murcielago edgewise
>>
I miss Hina Logi.
>>
>>2795518
I'll take any mahou shoujo over idolshit
>>
>>2795040
Madoka was not the first dark magical girl show. Nothing it did was all that original. It wasn't even the first dark magicl girl show with /u/ undertones.
>>
>>2795578
Yes but it was the one that popularized it and people blaming it is unfair.
>>
>>2795563
Only a month until the next calendar event excuse for a rewatch.
>>
>>2758312
>with the second most popular being the 2nd female lead and another girl who appears for like 10 panels (vice prez)
Quality over quantity, sis, Ririka is awesome
>>
Anyone watched Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai yet?
>>
>>2795827
Nothing obvious yet, but let the shipping commense.
>>
>>2795586
It is just like how SAO wasn't the first "trapped in an MMORPG" or the first isekai, but people still blame it for the influx of shitty low-effort MMORPG and isekai shows.

The big difference is that at least Madoka was good, and some of the dark magical girl shows coming out are also good and nearly always have /u/ content. We should be thankful.
>>
File: kotobuki.png (522 KB, 674x342)
522 KB
522 KB PNG
>>2795827
>>2795831
>>
>>2795945
>>2795831
Hope they deliver good gay shit.
>>
>>2795831
>>2795945
The CGI takes getting used to, is this truly the future of anime?
>>
>>2795940
> the dark magical girl shows coming out are also good and nearly always have /u/ content. We should be thankful.

in fact only good things have happened thanks to that, those who complain do not know much about the genre and only know SM and CCS.

Precure and Nanoha saved the genre from oblivion, this more or less helped that Madoka existed and thanks to Madoka, is that we have every less het forced, still exists but before nanoha, it was a damn mandatory rule of gender.

The genre is still variable, but even dark series like Maho Iku or Site, are quite different from each other, even silly people can say that Genei Taiyou and Yuyuyu are copies of Madoka, but in the end they are handled in a completely different way. Now try to talk about variety in the pre-nanoha era.

there are still things like Twin Angel and bad seasons of precure (officially 3) that use the het as if it were something important and the result is quite bad.
>>
>>2796005
apparently making this type of CG (Anime style) is more difficult than the regular CG, it may still take time for it to be completely disabled, but it may really be the future of the Anime, although this does not affect the quality of the writing.
>>
>>2795945
>>2795831
What is this Strike Witches but with real planes and lesbians? This actually makes it better because the badguys can also be lesbians instead of faceless ayys.
>>
>>2796758
Real planes yes, lesbians... not yet.
>>
>>2796758
There were men hitting on them in the first episode.
>>
>>2796762
Yeah but they all got shot down hard, figurative and literal. Anime didn't even bother wasting time on models for 'em.
>>
File: 1547489745216.png (1.41 MB, 1280x720)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>2796766
They're dead aren't they?

Also what does /u/ think about this show? Apparently they're not lesbians since they are a singular sexual race. H-how do they you know... like one lays the eggs and leave the room then the other one jerks off into it?
>>
>>2796773
They were redshirts. Hopefully.

>a singular sexual race
You mean a single gender race? Only females exist?
>>
>>2796789
>Only females exist?
Yeah.
>>
>>2796773
Honestly, it's just extremely generic in my opinion.
>>
>>2796817
Top tier.
>>
So they're basically monosex?
>>
>>2796832
No, they're mermaidsex.
>>
>>2796773
The first episode was cute, but nothing exceptional.
I wouldn't write it off, though. The writer is the same as Kotobuki and she usually have good stories. Nothing ambitious, but good.
>>
Well Kemurikusa turned into haremshit. I'm pretty disappointed in all honesty
>>
>>2796882
Being haremshit is the lowest of that show's problem.
Sure, for /u/ it's the most relevant. But it wasn't a good show to start with, so whatever.
>>
>>2796773
2019 is the year of the cloaca.
>>
Judging from the opening, it seems these two will have a decent amount of screen time. Well, maybe this sequel will be a little bit more enjoyable than the previous one.
>>
>>2796628
I don't mind shitty het if there's yuri on the side somewhere.
>>
>>2797342
The problem is that the genre was known for its very marked and prominent het, even if it was irrelevant to the story or it is simply bad writing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.