[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 46 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

Just finishing Season 1 of Hibike
Should I give up on expecting more Yuri In Season 2?
>>
Definitely not from Reina, at least.
>>
File: 013.png (158 KB, 715x1013)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>2762896
What's point of this trash anime then why make such a great yuri scene if you're not going to go with
>>
File: file.png (1.77 MB, 1920x1080)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>2762896
Why does this show torture me
>>
>>2762894
Just watch the first 4 episodes of S2 and then skip straight to Liz and the Blue Bird.
>>
>>2762908
Or just skip the bait altogether and drop series completely.
>>
>>2762911
The first 4 episodes are about Mizore and Nozomi. They're not essential for Liz but the anon might as well watch them after finishing S1.
>>
>>2762908
Asuka and Kumiko's sister stories are good.
Fuck Reina, she was always shit.

>>2762898
>>2762903
She was in love with a guy since the very first episode. Why would you expect something from that?
They didn't even lie to you.
>>
>>2762919
S2 barely has any Reina anyway.
>>
File: file.png (1.72 MB, 1920x1080)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
>>2762919
Then why have this scene and a fucking "love confession" (but not really) afterwards

What other shows have deeper Yuri besides
>Cute girl A likes Cute girl B for no reason besides cute
>>
>>2762922
Anon, love has different flavors. Love between friends, for example.
>>
File: file.png (1.96 MB, 1920x1080)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
>>2762923
>That lip touch
>I felt like becoming her victim wouldn't be that bad
There was too much yuri undertones in that scene to just flip flop to back to just friends after
>>
File: retard-hazard-13003228.png (116 KB, 500x522)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>A bunch of faggots arguing over Hibikek
This show is reminiscent of Octave for the sheer amount of written retardation it's generated.
>>
>>2762926
Read more good old classic literature. Friendship can be pretty gay.
>>
>>2762923
>>2762953
Friends are just lovers who don't fuck.
>>
File: 1522593241031.png (785 KB, 1060x1080)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
I finally watched Todoketai Melody today but I didn't really get it. Asuka was treated like the most important person in the universe and Kumiko suddenly cared about her more than anyone, for no reason that I could figure out. Mizore and Nozomi were cut and Reina barely appeared.
What is even the point of this series anymore. I thought it was supposed to be about Kumiko, Reina, and the others working hard and going for gold.
>>
File: 009.png (312 KB, 715x1013)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>2762938
Who's arguing? I'm just upset I though I was going to get high grade Yuri and I got nothing
>>
>>2762922
>Then why have this scene
Because Yamada.
She got her way making a movie about the actual gay lesbians, though, even though it didn't sell shit. And it probably will be a better movie than the sequel for the main series.

>>2762994
>Todoketai Melody
>Watching compilation movies

>I thought it was supposed to be about Kumiko, Reina, and the others working hard and going for gold.
S1. They clearly changed focus on S2, and who knows what the sequel movie will be about.
>>
>>2763026
I didn't intend to say "actual gay lesbians", but I guess that works too.
>>
This thread belongs in the general. God I hate cross-boarders.
>>
>>2763026
I refuse to believe that this movie has some legit yuri in it. Kyoto Animation enjoys shitting on us way too much for that.
>>
>>2763026
>She got her way making a movie about adolescence
>>
>>2763539
No one forces you to believe.
Personally, I can't see the movie as anything but yuri.
>>
>>2763592
How exactly? Someone openly admits being homosexual? Two girls enter a proper relationship? Anything that can't be debunked by "they're just friends"?
>>
File: savage kumiko.jpg (823 KB, 1920x1080)
823 KB
823 KB JPG
it was never yuri
>>
>>2762982
Where’s the lie
>>
>>2763640
That's a very narrow definiton of yuri.
>>
>>2763640
No. It's just too gay. Take all the "yuri" KumiRei scenes from S1 and multiply them by 100.
>>
>>2762894
It was never yuri in the first place. S2 is just as good as the first one, though. KyoAni at it's best.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.2 MB, 1915x676)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
Just realized that if you google Yuri bait, KumiRei shows up
>>
>>2763782
>Princess Principal
>Citrus
wut
>>
>>2762894
you should give up if you want more kumirei because reina becomes irrelevant but asukakumiko on the other hand is really good plus you get more natsukixribbons
>>
>>2762923
>love has different flavors
This is correct.
>Love between friends
Definitely not as friends.

I'm already a bit tired about people talking shit without knowing anything. Currently I'm reading the last novels and they are definitely not just friends. Their relationship status is friendship but their feelings for each other by far are not. I don't know where they want to go with it but this is not friendship. I mean, it can go in any direction and western people talking as if everything was already done.
>>
>>2764620
Would you recommend reading the novels if I want more KumiRei?
Everyone is making it sound like Reina disappears in season 2
>>
>>2764620
Those novels, where Kumiko gets a boyfriend?
>>
>>2764719
>Everyone is making it sound like Reina disappears in season 2
is because it disappears in S2 and was not thought of as something romantic because bull crap.
That season focuses on other characters and Kumiko only exists to give importance to those characters, Reina appears to refute that Taki is the most important thing in her life and swears in front of the grave of Taki's wife.

>>2764824
Yep and it's hilarious.

>>2764620
if you have two characters with strong mutual feelings, but not only do you not end up together, but you give them different romantic interests, it means they are not a couple, it means that the author is an idiot and does not deserve any attention.
>>
>>2764719
>Everyone is making it sound like Reina disappears in season 2
Yeah, it's funny really. The vast western otakus treat Reina as if she didn't exist anymore.
Reina continues in the main cast.
>Would you recommend reading the novels if I want more KumiRei?
Yes. They have plenty interactions together. Many of these interactions I don't think will ever be adapted in anime because some come from the anime itself, and others because simply the events from anime and novels are different.
>>
>>2764923
>Reina continues in the main cast.
and it is irrelevant

It is good to see that even the method of omitting important details is used and pretending that you are right, novels end in Het.
>>
So what I gather from this thread is that I should watch the first 4 episodeds of season 2, then jump into Liz and Blue Bird, right?
>>
>>2765006
The first four episodes are about Nozomi and Mizore. The rest is Asuka drama. It's also good if you ask me.
>>
>>2765006
Watch the whole thing, because it's actually good. Just don't expect any non meme yuri from it.
>>
>>2764926
>and it is irrelevant
>Because I say so.
Maybe you will be disappointed in your headcanon.

>It is good to see that even the method of omitting important details is used and pretending that you are right, novels end in Het.
Sorry? If you haven't read ANYTHING, why do you respond to my comment as if you knew everything? Novels are ongoing, so no end yet. Anyway, the last novel is far from being het unless you refer to Riko and Takuya.
>>
>>2764915
if you have two characters with strong mutual feelings, but not only do you not end up together, but you give them different romantic interests, it means they are not a couple.
It's not as if something like this has never been done. X-files comes to my mind, tatoeba. I'm not saying they have to end up together but this is what it is.
I'm not a fan of doing it this way either, but it's true that it attracts the attention of more people in this way. I also don't know how the whole thing is going to end so...

>it means that the author is an idiot and does not deserve any attention.
It's up to you. It's a little rude of you... if you ask me.
>>
>>2765224
>the last novel is far from being het
>Maybe you will be disappointed in your headcanon.
The irony is palpable.
>>
>>2765253
Can we agree that he suffers from selective dementia? I refuse to believe that a person can think that way without any irony.

>>2765231
what really bothers me, more than "couple does not come together at the end" is the nonsense that the two have a special relationship, but that is inferior to a relationship Het without any real chemistry.
This is not a cultural question, this is narrative mediocrity.

>>2765224
>Maybe you will be disappointed in your headcanon.

they are called facts and it consists in really understanding what happens and not pretending that you are right.
>>
>>2765658
>Can we agree that he suffers from selective dementia? I refuse to believe that a person can think that way without any irony.
"She" I'm not a guy mister. And I'm not in any selective dementia. It just seems that you have less information than me. You are outdated.

>what really bothers me, more than "couple does not come together at the end" is the nonsense that the two have a special relationship, but that is inferior to a relationship Het without any real chemistry.
That's your interpretation not what I said. I was implying:"life sometimes is suffering."

>"couple does not come together at the end"
and yes, this is possible.

>but that is inferior to a relationship Het without any real chemistry.
No. In fact, this is something that is always made clear in this work, Kumiko's relationship with Shuuichi is in every aspect inferior. And it's not like they're together now.

>they are called facts and it consists in really understanding what happens and not pretending that you are right.
Your "invented facts" you will say.

Anyway, here, new info about Kumiko's 3rd year:
【新刊情報】「響け!ユーフォ二アム 北宇治高校吹奏楽部、決意の最終楽章」の前編後編が2019年4月5月に連続刊行予定です!三年生となった久美子の物語です。
>>
>>2762953
Friendships are really gay, that's why I don't have any friends.
>>
>>2762922
> for no reason besides cute
The fuck other reasons are there to like girls? What an inane comment.
>>
>>2765006
The show itself is enjoyable, but its painful to watch with your goggles on, especially with how much it strays away from the melodrama of high school band competetion and into more personal drama and character connections, which could've been a great way to get into the deeper meanings of Kumiko and Reina relationship, whether as friends or something more
>>
Does anyone know where I can find light novel summary? The Kumiko's 2nd year one
>>
>>2765006
The show is good, but you need goggles, especially for S2. I genuinely like orchestra/music ensemble shows and Hibike does it really well. I think it's easy to care about the characters too, so I'd still recommend watching the entirety of S2. Just ignore the het things and wear your goggles.

On the other hand, Liz and the Blue Bird is definitely gay and definitely worth it. Beautiful movie.
>>
File: 1504816715703.jpg (261 KB, 599x806)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>2769660
Consult the chart and fuck off
>>
>>2762894
Reina wants to fuck the teacher and Kumiko has a boyfriend.
>>
>>2762923
Please, that scene is clearly gya but it's only acceptable because the double standards regarding homosexuals. If straights acted like that and then claimed friendship you would think insanity.
>>
File: file.png (1.4 MB, 1920x1080)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
Now that I had time to digest season 1, I think what annoys me is the disconnect
They can go from
>If you leave me I'll kill you
>Of cource, this is a love confession
to
>I really love Sensei
Without Kumiko reacting at all like she's jelous
It's just whiplash. It's like if they had two different people write two chapters of a story without agreeing on the direction

Like the small moment when
>Are you really that worried about Tsukamoto?
>Of course not! It's not like that anyways.
>It's not huh?
And she gives this little smile like she's happy
>>
>>2774823
Imagine if a straight relationship tried to pull this shit. People would think the characters are insane.
>>
>>2777037
Also tries to imagine that they did it in Yaoi, but since it's "yuri" they can spit in the face of the fans and they should be happy about that.
>>
>>2777039
>Also tries to imagine that they did it in Yaoi
They do that too in Yaoi. It's generally a thing about homosexual relationships, they constantly need to be "proven" otherwise they are not real.

The whole "bait" concept doesn't exist with straight relationship, it's only limited to homosexual relationships.
>>
>>2774823
Kumiko and Reina were never really close. They're connected through music, not personally. The only reason they are together is because of their music autsim, not because they like each other.
Now compare them to Nozomi and Mizore who love each other with or without music involved.
>>
>>2777040
One thing is to prove the relationship and another thing is to deny it completely and pretend that it is not "real"

>>2777049
Another problem was when Reina basically disappeared in part of S2 when the focus was other characters and Kumiko was still there for some reason.

My complaint is writing, really.
>>
>>2777055
You misunderstood Kumiko and Reina's relationship. It represents their shared passion for music. That's why it looks "hot". It's not really about their interpersonal stuff.
>>
>>2777055
>One thing is to prove the relationship and another thing is to deny it completely and pretend that it is not "real"
Yeah again, people do this with homosexual relationship in general. CTDCT genre is entirely fuelled by this.
>>
>>2777064
>It represents their shared passion for music.
Is that why music is not so important in its works and looks like an eromanga?

>>2777066
>CTDCT genre is entirely fuelled by this.
No, it's not.
>>
>>2782562
frankly that shirt looks horrible.
Do you really think that's going to stop them?
>>
>>2782562
Based
>>
File: kumirei kimono.jpg (1.92 MB, 1605x2070)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>2782562
I'll still hold out hope. They could've just moved from not friends to friends, and friends is a fine ending.

Regardless, it's not like canon's ever stopped me from shipping any characters ever. And the majority of Hibike fics/fan art will still be /u/
>>
>>2782801
>And the majority of Hibike fics/fan art will still be /u/
the bubble is really comfortable right?

My problem with this Anime is writing, it does not finish convincing me and I can not think of anything good that is not the fansservice KumiRei or Asuka.

Reina is a horrible character by the way.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (164 KB, 1920x1036)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
I finally watched Liz and the Blue Bird yesterday, and holy shit that movie is a masterpiece. I ended up rewatching it two times since then, and I fall in love with it even more each time.
>>
>>2783251
Visually it's fantastic, and story-wise, it's heartbreaking but sweet, in some way.
>>
>>2762894
>Just finishing Season 1 of Hibike
>Should I give up on expecting more Yuri In Season 2?
You should watch season 2.Then you'll be in good shape to watch movie 3 that comes out this year.
>>
Pretty sure Reina would fuck Kumiko, but she's too pure to think about it. Her "love" for Taki is just admiration.
>>
File: hibike kumiko reina couch.png (1.53 MB, 1248x1300)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>2787635
>Her "love" for Taki is just admiration.
I always took it as something like that. Some cross between admiration and a desire for recognition/respect from Taki towards her and her musical skills. No music-focused autist like Reina is going to be able to see the difference between love and the other things I mentioned, not immediately.
>>
>>2783251
Just watched it. It's good, but it bothers me how all the characters seem to think Mizore has some sort of passion for the oboe or music, when it's obious Nozomi is literally all she cares about and she only played for her.
It can also very easily be interpreted as a story of unrequited love.
>>
File: 1482004321251.jpg (133 KB, 1200x968)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Bump.
>>
>>2763023
>I'm just upset I though I was going to get high grade Yuri and I got nothing

I'm pretty sure that was their point. This has been discussed to Hell and back - any disappointment at this juncture is pretty much your own fault.
>>
>>2793684
To be fair how the hell are you supposed to know that?
If research every show on /u/ before I watch it I would never get any surprise yuri
>>
>>2793720
Because literally every conversation about it mentions it as well as it being nigh-impossible to avoid while it was airing?
>>
>>2793720
Everyone here was yelling about it every single thread before it aired, yet many didn't listen.
>>
>>2793845
the problem is not that they did not listen, but that they completely refused to believe even when the bad was happening and even now pretend that what they believe is the only truth.
>>
>>2762894
I was very dissapointed, that there was no yuri love back in the day, when I saw it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.