[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous Thread >>3095393

General guide on buying yuri manga
http://divulge-scans.tumblr.com/buymanga

/a/'s buyfag guide (some relevant info, incl: customs, shipping, book and doujinshi retailers, alternate honto signup guide, etc)
http://buyfag.moe

How to signup for honto:
https://kaizora.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/how-to-signup-for-honto/

How to purchase and convert a JP kindle book
http://pastebin.com/j5n5zSuN

Japanese wiki listing yuri manga (not updated anymore):
http://seesaawiki.jp/yuri_manga/

New releases list (include subtext, goggleable, CGDCT and such):
http://yurinavi.com/yuri-calendar/
>>
>>3315625
That's Hanabana Tsubomi for you. Kodoku no naka no watashi was even gayer and Kuro-chan even had a kiss. And yet no confirmed relationships.

>>3315636
Among the series I read, the Kirara's series with explicit romantic feelings are:
Sakura Trick
Seishun kajou Sisters
Smile Style
Saji-chan no yami nikki
Heart of the girl
Hito yori xx
JK splash!
Futakaku kankei
Itsuka watashi wa, kimi wo uragiru.
Kanamemo
Marriage battle!

Tsubomi's series obviously not included since it wasn't one of the Kirara magazines. And it was a yuri magazine so of course the series in it were yuri.
>>
I bought the entirety of onesho and it looks like it's going through this time. Hype!
>>
>>3315973
Did you get any of the exclusives or did you buy it on amazon?
>>
Hoping Otherside Picnic's LN or manga would get an amazon bundle with en exclusive like the other series have. I haven't bought any yet but I want to get them all and I always miss out on the few amazon exclusives there are because they've been bundle sets. Yagakimi and adashima both had amazon exclusives sets so I'm hoping otherside has one as well.
>>
>>3316023
the exclusives baby
>>
File: fuck amazon.png (14 KB, 453x275)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
It seems Amazon is really up to something to exclude us. This is what I've found today when I opened the site. Because yes, we choose what to read based on the country we live in.
>>
>>3319065
Fucking hell, I feel like it's getting worse and worse. I guess CDJapan is still a somewhat decent alternative.
>>
I'm conflicted about buying シスコンお姉ちゃんと気にしない妹 3. The author doesn't deserve the money for the direction it took and definitely not for the way it ended but it would cost me more in sanity to have it incomplete on my shelf.

>>3319111
I was able to get the konbu wakame books from CDJapan. The price is a little steeper than amazon but it is worth it not having to worry about stock depleting by the time amazon fixes it. Also looks like amazon cleared the locks on the first half of december's yuri so far. I was actually able to make an order today, over a full day in advance of the YH releases on the 18th. Very happy it worked out earlier this time, I was getting worried about fist of love, kono ai and lily triangle going out of stock in particular.

月と恋は満ちれば欠ける。(2)
きたない君がいちばんかわいい(3)
セメルパルス semelparous(2)
私の推しは悪役令嬢。(1)
百合オタに百合はご法度です! ?(1)
〆切前には百合が捗る
リリィ・トライアングル 1
エンドブルー
この愛を終わらせてくれないか(4)
私の拳をうけとめて! (4)
>>
>>3320289
>百合オタに百合はご法度です! ?(1)
I wish the translations for this were up to date. The first two chapters looked promising, though.
>私の拳をうけとめて! (4)
I absolutely adore the cover for this one. I'm also really satisfied with the way this ended in general (in sharp contrast to the way シスコンお姉ちゃんと気にしない妹 ended).

The only thing my current order is missing is School Zone, since it keeps getting blocked for international shipping on Amazon, and it's been sold out for a while on CDJapan. I'm also waiting for はつ恋、ときめき うすいほん 1 to be unblocked.

ティラとケラ (2)
私の拳をうけとめて! (4)
お姉さんは女子小学生に興味があります。 (6)
魔女が下す鉄槌マレウス・マレフィカルム
魔女が下す鉄槌マレウス・マレフィカルム 2
イケメン女と箱入り娘 (1)
恋する狼とミルフィーユ1
彼女のイデア 1
彼女のイデア 2
君に紡ぐ傍白 (1)
ふたりエスケープ(1)
>>
>>3320289
I completely agree about シスコンお姉ちゃんと気にしない妹 3.

I used to use CDJapan like 8 years ago, there was only EMS that was pricey and my orders took a whole month to arrive so I swapped to Amazon but now I see they added DHL! I may ditch Amazon for good it the cost won't change much.
What about import fees though? Do they charge you like Amazon or will I have to pay custom taxes on the delivery?
>>
>>3320563
>What about import fees though? Do they charge you like Amazon or will I have to pay custom taxes on the delivery?
Last time I used CDJapan they don't charge you like Amazon (pretty much the only reason I use Amazon).
>>
>>3320515
May have spoken too soon, amazon denied my credit card for some reason. I haven't had that happen in years so I'm hoping its just a fluke.

>>3320563
My CDJapan order took about 5-7 days from the day I ordered it until it shipped, and then only about 2 days to arrive with DHL which is usually always fast for me. Packaging was far superior to amazon's, they use bubble wrap to bundle up the books and fill empty space with crumpled paper. They also has an issue with pre-orders not being listed as available though, but it added them about a day or so before the release date for the batch I bought so nothing was blocked for too long.
>>
>>3320576
I didn't find anything under shipment but now I've found it under payment:
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/guide/help/payment/customs_duties_and_import_VAT

Well, I can use it for Christmas since I'll be at home and finally get Konbu Wakame's books but I can't use it the rest of the year if they ask for cash on delivery.

I've also already tried to put them in the cart and the estimated shipment is a lot higher than Amazon, I wonder why since it's always DHL and it doesn't even have the import fees.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, there is no R18 on CDJapan? I tried to search for a couple of titles I have on my Amazon wishlist (syou and Shiratama Mochi) that I still couldn't buy since Amazon won't ship R18 abroad and because of Corona I'm afraid to use forwarding services, but I didn't find them on CDJapan.

>>3320603
>amazon denied my credit card
Now you're scaring me even more. Imagine if they didn't only block non-japanese addresses but also non-japanese cards.
>>
>>3320610
I've re-verified my card 4 times today and it keeps blocking it so either my bank is lying to me saying everything is ok or amazon's payment system is on the fritz.
>>
Yuru Oyako now being released in English on Booth via Yuri Hub, with the first four chapters available for free.

Disclosure: The English releases up to chapter 7 are basically updated versions of my original scanlations, with a few improvements to the translation/grammar and the fonts switched out for commercial-free ones.
>>
>>3321183
Congrats on breaking into the industry by shitposting on 4chin
>>
>>3321183
When can I get a physical copy of M, ILF?
>>
>>3320289
Amazon split my order into 2 parts, 1 order for 6 books that shipped today and the other order for the 4 YH books that hasn't shipped yet even though everything is in stock now. I thought they were locking preorders to prevent that sort of thing from happening because it's a huge waste of shipping expense for them but apparently not.
>>
推しが武道館いってくれたら死ぬ 7
ゆるゆり (19)
大室家 (4)
ガールズインザヘル (Kawai Roh)
猫とシュガーポット (Yukiko)
あなたの夜が明けたら (Harukawa Haru)
ネイルちゃんと深爪さん。ナイショのパフェを半分こ編
緋百合の絆 不良お姉さんと吸血少女たち
裏路地浪漫屋物語
イケメン女と箱入り娘 (2)
ヤンキー×ジャーキー (1)
はつ恋、ときめき うすいほん 2
熱帯魚は雪に焦がれる8
病月 2

And then there is merryhachi's collection of short stories but is it only digital? I can't see the book but I don't know if it doesn't exist or it's just Amazon hiding things.

For now, the releases until the 23rd are available, from the 24th onward everything is blocked except 裏路地浪漫屋物語.
I give up on Konbu Wakame's book and will use CDJapan to get them, they also gave me a couple of coupons. Though I hate to let Amazon do the shit it wants.

>>3321183
Fuck off, nobody is paying for your shitty translation and giving you money. You can scam authors who know nothing about you and western in general, not anons in the buyfag thread. Anyone who was interested already bought the raws, there's no need for you. I hope you are paid by sales and not by translation so you won't gain nothing and Taiyaki won't have to give you the already few money she makes. It's incredible how everyone here is trying to support authors and you, not only won't buy anything from them, but even managed to get them to pay you to machine translate their stuff after you spent years reuploading their stuff for free. You're scum.

>>3321227
So your card was accepted?
>>
>>3323086
>推しが武道館いってくれたら死ぬ 7
Are you up to date on this? Can you tell me anything about the progression? I thought the anime was really well done.

>はつ恋、ときめき うすいほん 2
Damn, the first volume is still locked for shipping, and the second volume is almost released. Amazon please get it together.
>>
>>3323086
>ガールズインザヘル (Kawai Roh)
猫とシュガーポット (Yukiko)
あなたの夜が明けたら (Harukawa Haru)
>裏路地浪漫屋物語
Thanks for that, I missed a ton of these when I was adding everything to my cart last week. Yurinavi must not have had them listed yet. Glad to see gxg isn't dead yet too, but I wish they'd hurry up and revive all the series they killed off when exe axed their yuri section.
>merryhachi
Only 97 pages so that's probably why its digital only. No good reason why they couldn't wait for another oneshot to pad out a physical tank though.
>>
>>3323099
>推しが武道館いってくれたら死ぬ 7
I can't say there's been any progress since the end of the anime, always the same kind of situations.

>はつ恋、ときめき うすいほん 2
Wait, disregard that, I did forget about the futa chapter, I don't really want to buy a tank with that shit. Fortunately it's on Comic Walker so we can't read and check before buying.

Speaking of which, GANMA removed all the chapters of Hino-san and isn't updating it anymore and tell you to download their app. I have yet to understand why japanese hate PCs that much.
I guess it's the same thing for AriOto's comicalization since I can't see anything on the site linked by Mikami Teren.
>>
>>3323203
>はつ恋、ときめき うすいほん
Seriously? What the fuck, why would they do that. I really liked this series too.
>>
>>3323234
The chapter is still up on Comic Walker. It's about a doujinshi character but it tricked you into thinking it was a girl and betray you in the end and the doujinshi girl has been "awakened" to "the power of dick" so it shows how serious the author is about yuri.
>>
>>3323572
What's the effect of that doujinshi character on the main couple? They're still gay together, right?
>>
>>3323578
Different anon, but that chapter had no effect on the main couple since they didn't even appear. The chapter is a side story that focused entirely on Kano getting new doujinshi, and ending up enjoying the surprise futa one. It does open up the possibility of futa being a thing later on, which I'm not surprised to see coming from this author considering they made a Kemono Friends doujin that was advertised as "yuri" but had futa suddenly appear in it.
>>
>>3323583
Thanks for answering. As long as the possible futa isn't among the main couple I can live with it.
>>
I was placing my order now and Oomuro-ke 4 and Yukiko's collection are blocked even if they are available for preorder. Yuru yuri and Kawai Roh's and Harukawa Haru's collections are also available for preorder but they are not blocked. I'm really having a headache trying to understand how this shit works. I guess I'll try waiting for the release day.
>>
>冬馬くん
Found another release added to yurinavi recently. Not sure I want to pay 1600 yen for this series since I didn't enjoy it very much but I probably will because I'm weak.

>>3323780
I'm not expecting to make another order until january at this point, I doubt some of the end of the month releases will be orderable until then.
>>
File: 22608376_p0.png (446 KB, 572x800)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
Does /u/ have any grails that are either off the market, or priced so high that they might as well be?
For me it's this bolze. SakiNodo doujin. I've been looking at it since I started buyfagging doujinshi, but I can never justify paying 30000 - 35000 yen + tax and ship for it.
It's a shame because from the preview pages it seems quite hot.
>>
File: 22625639_p0.png (153 KB, 643x900)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>
File: 6029973a6c5f.png (2.07 MB, 1323x1994)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>
>>3324254
Every yuri thing I buy is priceless. Can't believe these fools are selling it to me for worthless money. I spent an absolutely disgusting amount of money on yuri goods this year, probably around 200000y total but I'm not going to add it all up because it would keep me up at night thinking about it. Overspending on rare yuri goods is highly recommended for all of /u/ wildly financially irresponsible anons. Worth every single yen.
>>
>>3324324
God bless you, anon. I'm no longer in a position where I can make crazy irresponsible purchases, but I hope to be there again sometime soon.
If I ever reach financial stability again I'll just go fuck it and drop 215 pounds on a single doujinshi.
Wait... maybe that's how I got into this mess.
>>
>>3324324
>Every yuri thing I buy is priceless
For real. I bought Yamato Nadesico and Sisterism for like 30 bucks total, and I wouldn't sell them for the world. A few years ago I dreamed of being able to hold my yuri books, very happy that I can now.
>>
I have so much stuff in my digital backlog that I'm forgetting what I actually bought - and Kobo isn't very helpful at pointing out what should be removed from the shopping cart since it's already bought, just gives me random errors.

Yeah, got some more stuff from the Dash Bunko sale today, turns out I had most of their releases in my library already (but only read one or two like the strongest yuri truck, hope I can find more time and get faster at reading in moon).
>>
File: Candy_Boy_Figures.jpg (2.89 MB, 2970x1800)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
>>3324254
Figured I may as well try sharing some pictures of the ridiculous amount of yuri stuff I bought this year, especially since I'm very happy to finally have these in particular. My main goal was simple, more yuri figures. In particular I wanted to give myself the Good Smile Candy Boy figures as a sort of christmas present since I watch it every year and I couldn't justify to myself why I shouldn't get them at any cost. Was around $250 including shipping but I was prepared for worse so I was able to stomach it. Forgot to put it in the picture but I also got one of the Candy Boy CD songs because it was strangely still in stock for $10, so why not. I stacked some of the other nendos I got in the background which I'm also really excited to open so I can decorate the rest of my yuri bookshelves. Chinatsu and Yui complete my YRYR shelf and were the most expensive nendos to get a hold of, but in general there are a surprising amount of nendos from yuri series out there that aren't marked up too much.
>>
>>3325949
>yuri stuff
I see only solo stuff.
They may be from yuri series but let's be real, that merch is aimed at waifufags. I wish there was a market for actual yuri figures but they just won't make them, not even for yuri series. I can think only about one of YagaKimi and one of MadoMagi.
>>
>>3326081
Why the fuck would a waifufag even bother with something like candy boy? Pretty obscure, everyone is explicitly taken. Get rid of the cope syndrome anon, it's unhealthy.
>>
>>3325949
i had no idea candy boy statues existed
>>
>>3325949
Kek, and I just shared to one yuri group a sale of the Kanade figurine for $30. If only we had contacted each other anon.

As someone who has owned the figurines for 10 years since release day please note that their hair paints can chip off.
>>
File: bakappuru.jpg (38 KB, 449x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>3326081
The Candy Boy figures are specifically made to be posed together. And plenty of the nendos come with yuri props, the Hotaru nendo comes with two Komari dolls for her to hold, Hinata's nendo comes with a Myaa-nee doll, Alice's nendo comes with two Shinobu japanese dolls, etc. I have the yagakimi figure as well, its also by far the most expensive to replace so I didn't feel like moving it to take a picture.
>>
>>3326162
I didn't know either until recently either and it makes Candy Boy's lucky history even more wild. How did someone make all of that happen over a decade ago?

>>3326164
I saw auctions where they were chipping or damaged in all sorts of ways, which was one of my main reasons I was ok with spending more to get good conditions. Kanade's box is miraculously new and still sealed even though the box is beat up, Yuki's was used but barely looks it. Is there anything I can to do to avoid chipping besides being careful with them?
>>
>>3326172
I can’t think of any besides reserving a spot on your shelf for them and not moving them at all. The spots which usually chip are the sides of their hairs and mine did after a very minor bump with each other (I tried to make them kiss I think).

Also forgot to mention the paints between their hand can transfer, and so does Kanade’s hair which is in contact with the clothes. You may want to slide some small transparent plastic at that spot.
>>
>>3326176
That's really scary, thanks for the warning. Sounds like good smile didn't have their methods perfected back then because their newer stuff seems much more resilient. I was also thinking about getting an acrylic or glass box to keep them in so they'd be less exposed so I guess I should look into that again.
>>
>>3326161
>>3326168
>are specifically made to be posed together
Then why aren't they sold together (obviously for double the price)? Evidently there must be people interested in buying only one of them.
I have two different sets of MadoHomu figures that are supposed to be together too, yet they were sold separately and in one case I also had a hard time finding one of the two to complete the set. It's really annoying.
>>
>>3326362
So they can charge double the price. They know true fans will pay up.
>>
>>3326362
Maybe because it was easier to fit the two separate figures into their standard tooling and processes.
>>
Is there an online shop where SevenSeas and Yen Press have DRM-free or cbz version of their titles? I don't actually mind DRM (not that I know how it works with manga) as long as I can open it in my preferred reader without needing to convert files. Other publishers that have yuri besides Lilyka/DMP and J-Novel? Manga Planet is only subscription based, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
File: Candy_Boy_1.jpg (2.81 MB, 2700x1800)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
I'm really happy seeing how fantastic they look after setting them up, even better than I had hoped. Taking the arms off and putting the finger interlacing arms on these made me so nervous, their fingers are extremely thin and delicate. I was so was afraid I'd break something since there are so many fragile pieces. The hair design is beautifully done too but those look like the easiest things to break and I'd be devastated. The bases are very light and small and the figures are tall and topheavy so I'm already imagining the nightmares that an earthquake will cause them to topple over and break. I'm going to attach weights to the base for now, also looking for some sort of dome or cube to put them in so they can't get damaged by ordinary means.
>>
>>3327303
if you coat them in molten steel they should survive anything
>>
>>3327363
I literally was daydreaming about how much easier it'd be if I could just cast them in amber.
>>
>>3327370
lmao I guess great minds think alike
>>
>>3327303
This looks really good, anon. Very nice.
>>
>>3327022
Probably none, I think you're not going to avoid file conversion (Kindle) or stripping DRM (Kobo, which I usually recommend when DRM-free is not an option, and sometimes Kindle too). But it's dead simple with Calibre and the DeDRM plugin.

Lilyka always seemed suspicious to me since it's a DMI label and they don't have the best track record with their controversial crowdfunding campaigns and unpaid translators, but at least the site does offer no-DRM, which is nice...
>>
Trying to continue the tradition of buying the yuri editions of SF Magazine, but this year all of my banks are fucking with me and not letting me pay for my Amazon order, and since it's Christmas I can't even contact them to see if it's fixable. I wonder if the day will come when I could just buy yuri with crypto (it's still a pain, but less so than international fiat money transfers).
And here I wanted to also finally get a copy of Cross Qualia just to have it on my shelf while waiting for Owari.
>>
Sentai filmworks has been having their usual holiday sale so I picked up Bloom Into You's premium box set since I'd be kicking myself if I waited for a better sale and it went out of stock. Also got the Spyce box because I hate my bank account. They also have the PriPri box set on sale for around $30 again and I'd highly recommend it, it is loaded with extras. I almost wanted to buy another copy because it's so nice. Flip Flappers and Girls Last Tour is out of stock sadly and I didn't see any other premium box sets for yuri series. Kase-san and Fragtime are also available although they're just the ordinary BD that can be bought anywhere.
>>
>>3328804
Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up the Manaria Friends premium set.
Although I had to get it from rightstuf, since Sentai doesn't have international shipping.
>>
Both 'The Girl Awakens With a Kiss From the Princess' and 'Nadeshiko Hiyori' have been translated and published on 2D Market. Any fans of Maruta's work who want to support him can buy uncensored and DRM free digital copies at the link below.

https://2d-market.com/Author/108-Burst-Crisis
>>
>>
I can only find the first volume of 私たちは恋を描けない.
I assume there's two volumes, was the second volume never printed?
>>
>>3329921
Seems like it, I just checked and I only have the first one too. Disappointing because I liked that series, no clue why it never got a v2.
>>
>>3329921
>>3329933
Never printed because of very poor sales. And it's not the only one in my shelf in this situation, the bakeneko one and Shoujo junrei had the same fate and probably other titles I forgot about.
>>
>>3329951
Damn, that's really disappointing to hear, I really enjoyed this series. I though the "twist" with the dad was pretty funny, I only think the side couple that came out of and went nowhere was poorly executed (but it was thankfully a very minor part of the story).
>>
>>3329951
How bad do these have to do to not even get a digital-only release? So tragic for yuri to turn into lost media so quickly.
>>
>>3330074
No, they did get a digital-only release for their last volume, they just didn't print them despite printing the first ones so who buy only books is left with incomplete series.
Then there are series that sell even worse and are abandoned without an end after the first volume, like Maitake's Sonae-san, and series that they don't even try to print from the beginning, like the new one of Amano Shuninta.
>>
>>3330142
私たちは恋を描けない didn't get a digital release for 2 though did it? I can't find it.
>sonae-san
Oh I remember liking that one too. Seeing yuri get axed like that is too sad.
>Shuninta
I was really surprised that didn't make the cut. I don't understand publishers if they fail to market that one enough to get it to print.
>>
>>3328143
I'm not familiar with Kobo. Do I need to buy their device (something like Kindle Fire) or I can buy it on the web?
>>
>>3330240
Nah, neither Kindle nor Kobo requires you to buy any hardware, they are more or less identical services, you can just buy stuff on their web storefronts and download a PC or a mobile app to read it (you can even read in the browser). The DRM stripping thing can work with the devices as well, but it works best with said PC apps, so no need for anything extra.
>>
That was a very expensive month for yuri, almost $300 just on new releases alone, about 25 releases or so, and a good number of them were priced twice as much as the average 750y. Definitely spent more than I'd like but december always seems like it has a lot of releases compared to other months for some reason. Next month looks more reasonable with about 15 I want to get so far. I always think I'll cut back on at least one or two things but I love yuri too much and enjoy so many artists so I never find anything I'm willing to skip.
>>
>>3330157
You're right, I can't find the second volume, I remembered wrong.
It's weird since they serialized it until they had enough material for a second volume.

>>3330376
23 books for me, but the only pricey ones are the special edition of Yuru Yuri and Oomuro-ke, what did I miss? Or are you talking about stores' exclusives?
>>
>>3330479
The most expensive ones this month were Touma-kun (1551y), the SF yuri edition magazine (1546y), and Princess Principal Spy & Seek (4265y).
>>
>>3330565
I'm so happy to see that many people are ordering this year's SF yuri magazine, it felt like I was the only one to import the original one.
>>
>>3330580
Probably because the original one sold out. I wanted to get the previous one but it was gone by the time I was able to make an order. I usually end up disappointed with yuri cover page magazines because they're usually low on yuri but high in price, but this one looks like it'll be good.
>>
>>3330587
The previous one was good, but the actual yuri special was something like 1/3 of the magazine (and then all of the short stories got reprinted in Asterism anyway), so I think it's going to be similar this time around. They still have to publish their regular serializations after all. But totally worth it, yeah.
>>
My PriPri art book arrived today. I was hoping it would be a little more premium for the price, for some reason the product pictures gave me the impression it would have a slipcase or something, kinda like how the flowers art book came in that beautiful container. It's just a paper sleeve over the book though, a little disappointing but its still nice. Amazon shipped it in a brown paper mailer bag with no padding though and it got dinged up a bit, so I learned my lesson to order multiple items so they can't fit things in a bag. It's already out of stock again so this must have been another small print. Wish there were more yuri art books to get, I love looking at them.
>>
>>3328148
Resorted to CD Japan since bank's saying that Amazon didn't even try to charge the card. Might be a bug I've heard about where Amazon mistakenly shows international shipping as available when it's actually not — especially since previously the magazine did show as unavailable for AmazonGlobal. Tried Honto as well but while ordering they just randomly blocked my account even though I've used them before. Oh well, if there's one thing that's worth the trouble of trying a dozen different stores, it's Yurimaru's projects.
>>
File: 2hakFYH.jpg (914 KB, 3251x1040)
914 KB
914 KB JPG
While Konbu Wakame's books are still blocked on Amazon after two months, I received my copies from CDJapan.
I had no custom taxes on the delivery, probably because it was under the minimum import to apply taxes.
The shipment is a lot higher than Amazon but there is no comparison with Amazon's package. While Amazon just throw the books in a big ass package with just a little bit of paper that won't keep them in their place resulting in ripped obi, CDJapan put it in a little box of the just right size and more importantly inserted the books in a plastic bubble envelope.

I've also received my order of december from Amazon and with it I decided to buy also the novels of Urasekai picnic because I'm loving the manga more and more and I wanted to support the original work too.
You can see in the pic what I received.
The cover of the second volume is completely different from the original, i have no idea where they got it.
I contacted immediately Amazon because it's clearly different from what it's showed on its page
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4150313016/
Here Amazon's answer:
>About "Vol.2", In considering that case,I've arranged the full refund(*¥ 1180 *includes a part of the shipping fee) to your credit card.
>We usually ask customers to return us the item. However, considering the current circumstances, you're not required to return the item to us this time. You're welcome to keep, donate, or dispose of it whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you.
>The refund will be processed within 1 to 3 days to your credit card. When the refund has completed, we'll notify you by email.
>About the catalog, I’ve arranged our appropriate team to stop selling this product from our Amazon.co.jp site because a correct product is not definitely proved at this stage.
>If the availability of the item will be back, you may want to consider replacing a new order online if needed. I appreciate your cooperation and kind understandings.
>>
>>3334245
That's the promotional cover (obi replacement) for the anime. If you look under it, the original cover should be there too. Or at least that's what my copy was like.
>>
File: QbCQsqt.jpg (1.35 MB, 3174x2439)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>3334245
Seeing the volume can still be ordered I asked if it means it's safe to buy, here the answer:
>this item is in stock, however same issue might happen even if you purchase it again.
>Upon checking, our previous associate report this issue to our relevant department and an investigation will be conducted by them since you received an item with wrong book cover.
>During this investigation, the item will be unavailable at our site. The investigation usually takes 1-2 weeks.
>In this case, I would appreciate if you could consider to purchase the same item from other store to receive the item as soon as possible.
>Of course, after the investigation, the item will be available again and you will get a right one if you place this item after the investigation.

I'm posting this to warn people interested in buying it now that the anime will start in a few days. Apparently what happened to me may happens to other and we must wait the result of their "investigation" that we have no way to know since it can be ordered right now.

I'm also surprised by the phrase
>I would appreciate if you could consider to purchase the same item from other store
They're just straight up saying to go buy it elsewhere, it's like they don't care about selling stuff.
People I know that buy stuff from my country's Amazon always say how Amazon is the best thing ever, with high discount and they immediately refund stuff over a minimal defect, while I keep having bad experiences with japanese Amazon. Never a discount in all the years I'm buying from them and they won't even refund the damaged books. Here the answer about the ripped obi:
>Obi is considered as not a part of the item at Amazon.co.jp, it's a part of the packing. Even you are a collector, we are unfortunately unable to replace, refund for the item.
I don't even care about the obi but since it's shipped with it I'd like to have it in the shape it was meant to be.
>not a part of the item, it's part of the packaging
Are they for real?
>>
>>3334245
I'd rank CDJapan as just below Honto in terms of packaging quality. I was very pleased with the care CDJapan took in wrapping everything up and filling voids with crumpled paper so nothing could move around. Amazon has been relatively good to me recently and shrinkwraps all my books to a cardboard palette so nothing moves, but the few times they haven't done that resulted in many tragic obi casualties.

>>3334266
I never even bother trying to get replacements for obi damage. It is disappointing though, especially when I bought a few copies of yuri I really liked and they all came with rips. I probably should've sent a complaint when they sent a box of 20 books without any packaging material at all and everything was damaged.
>otherside
Every time an anime started amazon has sold an exclusive bundle for the LN/manga and I always kick myself for already owning the series involved. This is the first time I didn't already have the series and now they don't have an exclusive listed. I'm hoping in the next 2 months they'll bundle everything and include some art cards or something so I can get something exclusive from this series.
>>
What forwarding companies have you been using that have DHL available? All the ones I used to use primarily offered EMS which is still blocked.
>>
The Oyako Anthology promoted by Taiyaki is now up for preorder at melonbooks. There will be two editions:
- Standard / 1430 yen - Includes the book and 1 postcard (selected randomly from a total of 12 available)
- Special / 4950 yen - Includes interchangeable cover, table-top calendar, and 3 conmemorative mugcups

The special edition is build-to-order so only preorders will be able to get it. Samples of the special goods still haven't been released.

https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1343883091723489280
>>
>>3338132
i really shouldnt be splurging right now, but me wamt cups
>>
>>3338132
I'll consider it if they show samples but 5k yen + fees is a lot so those momcest cups better be amazing. Also why doesn't the special edition include the entire postcard set, I am starting to hate melonbooks even if you get their exclusive shit you miss out on their exclusives.
>>
File: resize_image.php.jpg (144 KB, 705x1000)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Melonbooks is doing a campaign consisting on a raffle where you can get a book serialized from the Comic Bavel R-18 magazine signed from the author. In the second preorder period (1/4~1/11) the two tankoubons released by syou are available:

>百合の蕾が咲く頃に
and
>百合の蕾に唇触れて

Winners will be selected from all people who made an order starting from 1/12 and non-winning orders will be cancelled. They don't specify the number of winners per book, though.

Details: https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/tags/index.php?tag=BAVELCOMICS%E6%8A%BD%E9%81%B8%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E6%9C%AC%E5%8F%97%E6%B3%A8%E8%B2%A9%E5%A3%B2%E4%BC%9A
>>
>>3338212
So you have to order from that page specifically? I'd probably mess it up and end up ordering the unsigned versions.
>>
>>3338223
Yes, just make sure you are ordering the version with サイン本 in the title.
>>
>>3338132
Hopefully the regular version will be available on Amazon on some point. Or I might have to finally look into using melonbooks/forwarding in general.
>>
>>3338383
Be careful, since you still have time, because then may end up being in a neverending spiral of wanting every single shitty flyer and 1k yen keychains released as bonus.
>>
>>3338392
It's all so tempting. The only thing I dislike is the exclusives usually being spread out over many different stores, so I'd have to look into multiple websites.
>>
>>3338392
I started to fall down that hole. I spent 10,000 yen on random yuri merch this week and it was way too easy to get lost in temptation. Everything and anything with yuri art on it is like crack to an addict at this point.
>>
>>3338442
What kinda merch?
>>
>>3338465
I'll share pictures when it all arrives. The low point was when I bought a clear file and realized that after shipping fees it would cost way more than I thought when I impulse bought it.
>>
Just ordered Taiyaki's yuri POV drama CD. Why is only takuhaibin shipping available and not mailpost for just a CD? 700 yen shipping just for one item this way... I hate melonbooks sometimes...
>>
File: resize_image.php.jpg (200 KB, 648x900)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>3338132
Cover image released. It seems that, alongside the calendar and the special edition dust cover, after all only one cup will be included and maybe a document plastic sleeve "depending on the number of preorders".
>>
>>3341749
Just one mug? Why bother if it isn't a mother & daughter mug set? I buy a lot of overpriced yuri stuff but even I am struggling to justify spending over 8k yen to import a single mug and a paper calendar. I hope they release the promo pictures before the preorder window closes otherwise I'm probably not going to bite.
>母娘百合アンソロジー「いちばん近くて遠いあなたと」
I was googling and found this, looks like a different momcest yuri anthology just came out last week, anyone read it? Either way here's the melonbook links for the new one

>親子百合アンソロジー【特典付】 (Standard)
https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=772727

>【グッズ付き特装版】親子百合アンソロジー (Special edition)
>Reservations open until 1/24
https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=772725
>>
File: oyakoanthology1.jpg (258 KB, 637x900)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>3341889
Oh wow, Kurogane Kenn's part is set in the Tae-chanverse?
>>
Pretty good month to start the year. I'm probably going to get these so far.
すいとーと! 3
アサルトリリィ League of Gardens -full bloom-1 (maybe)
彼女のイデア 3
忘れえぬ魔女の物語
ささやくように恋を唄う(4)
君と綴るうたかた(1)
転生王女と天才令嬢の魔法革命3
対ありでした。 ~お嬢さまは格闘ゲームなんてしない~ 2
終電逃したOLさんたちのちょっとアブナイ夜な百合アンソロジー
吸血鬼と呼ばれたい!1
悪いが私は百合じゃない(2)
転生王女と天才令嬢の魔法革命 1
明るい記憶喪失 6
シメジ シミュレーション 02
いちゃらぶしかない百合アンソロジーコミック2

Not getting 本のムシ 1 because I wasn't feeling it at all, and not getting じょしまん。because I'm sick of hentai artist plots. I'm 50/50 on getting 姫神の巫女 1 mainly because I feel like I'd only be buying it due to its historical relevance.
>>
Is Honto international still no-go?
>>
>>3343952
Highly dependent on the country. Last time I tried was a couple months ago and it was blocked even though japanpost says it was ok.
>>
>>3343121
>吸血鬼と呼ばれたい!1
I really like the cover for this one.
>>
>>3344135
Agreed, the color palette is eye catching and they even did the english title correctly.
>>
>>3343121
>本のムシ
I forgot about that one after I read the first chapter. Thank god chapter 2 and 3 are still online so I could avoid buying it and being disappointed af.

>じょしまん。
Well, that was a no since the beginning. I remember when I saw it advertised by yurinavi, opened the link and got a dick on my face on the first page. Fuck that shit.

>姫神の巫女
Definitely skipping this one as well.
>>
>>3338212
Anyone on /u/ end up winning a copy? I forgot to order it although I wasn't a big fan of the author so I'm not too sad about missing out.
>>
File: 20210113_170111.jpg (455 KB, 1859x1046)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
Just got a box of 31 books that had been building up at the proxy. Feels good.
>>
>>3345172
>no spine titles
That better be a heaping stack of yuri. What did you get two of and which ones are your favorites out of the bunch?
>>
>>3345356
I only buy yuri
I got two of a Symphogear wedding collab by mistake. Favorite is the Bandori doujin where an angel Hina and devil Hina team up to bang Sayo.
>>
What sources should I browse if I'm trying to find doujinshi a couple years old that are obviously out of stock on the official retailers?
>>
>>3345431
Nice. How much did that cost you? I just started dipping my toes into proxy/forwarding yuri and the individual shipping charges for indiviual items and doujin prices in general really adds up fast.
>>
File: goods.jpg (344 KB, 932x1200)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>3338132
>>3341889
Samples released. Image of the goods included with the special edition.
>>
File: postcards.jpg (402 KB, 987x1200)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>3345603
And these are the 12 postcards of the standard edition. For each purchase one postcard is included, randomly selected.
>>
>>3345603
>>3345605
It's cute but I'm not 5k yen + forwarding fees worth of excited for it, I could make that mug from any mug printing shop for cheap and I'm disappointed with the lazy art for it The calendar and clear file art is nice at least. If the standard edition didn't only get 1 of 12 cards randomly it would be an easy decision to just get that one. Also for a momcest series very few of those cards look like enough of an age gap/familial resemblance to me. Inui ayu, yoshimura kana and kasuga sunao are my favorites at first glance and with my luck I'd get stuck with one of the other ones. I'm not familiar with 鳥居すみ but the illustration looks nice.
>>
>>3345605
That 7th one is really good. Must be frustrating when they're randomly selected.
>>
>>3345603
desu the most interesting thing to me in this edition is the exclusive reversible cover. The mug ended up being quite disappointing, and it's a shame that the postcards aren't included in the special edition. I'll probably end up picking the normal one...
>>
>>3345618
It made me more undecided knowing the calendar has all the art that would be on the cards. 3500y more for a mug (1k yen), calendar (1.5k yen), clearfile (500y) and secret cover edition (500y?) of the book is a steep premium though. If it was only 4k yen I'd probably get it. Am I enough of a hopeless yuri buyfag to burn cash on it anyway? Probably.
>>
>>3345624
If I had to *just* pay the 5k yen I'd probably end up getting it, but the increase in forwarder fees because of the increased weigh due to the special items, and the fact that the included goods would make this package ineligible for reduced book VAT in my country makes me pass on getting this edition
>>
>>3345635
How much would melonbooks charge for shipping it anyway? I've only ordered a couple things from them but they were small things. If it was 5k yen for the set + 1k for domestic shipping + 3k for forwarding then it becomes a crazy proposition.
>>
>>3345642
Considering only takuhaibin is available for preorders, 700 yen.
>>
Do /u/ have any experience with forwarding yuri with FedEx versus DHL? I've had good luck with DHL from amazon japan but I've never had FedEx do an international delivery before. DHL is charging 650y more than FedEx in the estimate and I've already been bled dry by the forwarding company so I figure I'll try to save what I can so I can spend it on yuri instead. Any reason why I shouldn't trust fedex with my yuri?
>>
>>3345624
>>3345618

According to a bunch of tweets Taiyaki just posted, the calendars are apparently segregated so you can tear off the postcard part once the calendar section has served its purpose.
https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1350069319812616212

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.