[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Old thread: >>3282092
Volume 7 episode rips:
https://mega.nz/#F!m88WEaaJ!HGP-ScFwX64cevw5QYLEEQ

>"New" fic recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/7PfNUaCG
>Older recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/NyBwmzVf
>Ancient rec list: http://pastebin.com/R3TxjN1b

>Ship list: http://pastebin.com/U6sHLcN3
>>
I, for one, welcome our new Nuts & Dolts overlords once Penny heroically gives her life to blow up the whale, only to be revived by the last of the soul juice still kicking around in Pietro.
>>
>>3328254
>Volume 7 episode rips:
IT'S VOLUME 8 NOW
https://mega.nz/folder/y1tSgCRK#XRMcfRw9AtPckDo1Z4aPDw
ONE FUCKING JOB, OP!
>>
>>3328303
please don't bully I'm just a shitposter on holiday vacation and I even checked that none of the pastebins were purged
>>
>>3328304
Well, okay. I forgive you.
>>
File: 1608920314374.jpg (72 KB, 800x553)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Happy holidays to /u/, anon.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/28319676
>>
Preview of V8 part 2
https://twitter.com/OfficialRWBY/status/1342568358869426176?s=09
WhiteRose not dead yet?
>>
>>3328409
It's never going to happen, anon. Just accept it and stick to fanon.
>>
Weiss is going to end up with Winter
>>
>>3328409
>>3328593
Have to assume they’ll never do anything to confirm or deny it. Maybe when it’s all over they’ll pull a Korrasami and say something in an interview but never put anything in the actual series
>>
>>3328602
I don't really see much point in going that route with it if they're entirely willing to be open and blatant with other ships.
>>
>>3328593
Ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.
Or Ruby has a breakdown and Weiss just stands awkwardly off to the side, if she's present at all.
>>
>>
>>3328633
Not sure if joking, but that is literally what happened when Salem showed up and shit talked Summer.
>>
>>3328824
I know someone would bring that up, but that whole thing was so brief and not at all resolved, that I don't really count it. Ruby's /real/ breakdown is still to come. I hope.

If that seriously was it, that'd be even more disappointing than Weiss' whole character arc being dropped.
>>
>>3328763
>Weiss bagging Ruby to take back with her
Wanna see what happens when she gets back home...
>>
>no new episodes till February 6th, 2021
Well, damn. RT sure knows how to ruin Christmas.
>>
>>3328880
Lack of RWBY disappointing me yet again is the only reason I can fully enjoy Christmas. RT has saved it.
>>
>>3328138
>>3328327
Cute. Very cute. Sweetheart Weiss is always wonderful
>>
>>3328880
You mean after today's episode or is there no episode today already?
>>
>>3328918
Weiss tryharding social situations because she's not used to having friends is my favorite thing.
>>
>>3328921
The second one.
>>
>>3328327
When Weiss isn't being bullied by her teammates, she's being bullied by her author. Super sweet and a pleasure to read. I'm hoping for maybe a more maturely rated sequel? I'd love to see more about that book she gave Yang!

Also, always happy to see someone reference Worm.
>>
>>3330269
Eyy, thank you. Bullying Weiss is a way of life.
Not sure about a sequel since it's kind of a time-sensitive theme, though I did toy with the idea of doing a small chapter in the scrapbook story where Yang makes Weiss read some of that stuff aloud. I don't have any idea for how that'd go, though, so it'll in all likelihood stay in the backburner for at least the 12 months.
Also the reference was kind of hamfisted, but by the time I realized that I should make the book be "Vulpine Grin" instead, I had already put in Yang's spider joke and I didn't want to cut it.
>>
Welp, Amity Arena's dead.
>>
>>3330374
Yup makes me wonder what killed it
>>
>>3330407
People not spending enough money, I guess? Or just a dwindling player base? I never had any trouble getting matches, so it's rather surprising.
>>
>>3330407
Gatcha games rise and fall all the time.
Unless you’re an absolute juggernaut like FGO, Fire Emblem Heroes, etc. a couple years is about how long you can typically expect them to last.
>>
Is there a reason why a loud minority of of people that really dislike a show expend so much time hating on it instead of watching something else?
>>
>>3330729
expressing hating, or as they would call it, """construtive criticism"""""", something makes you look smart to people just as retarded as them
>>
>>3330729
Gee, maybe they have valid reasons? That they've expressed? If not, then you went to /tv/.
>>
>>3330729
>>3330780
To be fair, if there is something wrong with something you like it is understandable for you to complain, you want it to be good at least.
>>
>>3330729
They built their own audience of haters who /don't/ watch the show, but want to feel vindicated in that hate. So, they have to keep watching to maintain their own viewership, 'cause they have nothing else.
>>
>>3330729
You mean, Mary Cargle's podcast?
>>
>>3330759
ESL or underage?
>>
>>
>>3330717
>>3330419
I think this has more to do with warner. Not to mention all the bugs they had to keep fixing
>>
Wow, no episodes in January?!?

I'm surprised there is such a large gap between episodes 7 and 8.

Predictions? Think Penny will be saved? Will we get more yuri from the bad side before we get more yuri from the good girls? Think any powerful girls from outside Atlas will be coming to provide backup and interact with the RWBY girls since the broadcast went out ?
>>
>>3332462
It'll be pretty dumb if anyone shows up since supposedly this entire volume is happening in 2 days and the finale day is already occuring, so anyone who shows up somehow managed to casually arrive with any army in a few hours.
>>
>>3332474
The "Two Days" thing is kind of exaggerated hearsay. Miles had just said the volume takes place in a very brief timespan, like a couple days, and the fandom summarized that as "Two in-universe days!" and ran with it.

>>3332462
>Penny will be saved
Obviously. The question is more what happens when Cinder, The Hound and Watts show up at the Schnee doorstep looking for her.
>more yuri from the bad side before we get more yuri from the good girls?
Well, desperate WRfags are already agonizing over the one clip we've got to tide us over until January. Meanwhile, Emerald is almost certainly going to do /something/ with the lamp, which will tie back to Cinder, like everything she does.
>Think any powerful girls from outside Atlas will be coming
Doubtful. Basically everyone else went to Vacuo, and odds are they'll stay there and we won't see them ahead of the story moving there post-Atlas. Might see Glynda again, maybe? Her cameo makes it seem like she might be the one to rally support after Ruby's message.
>>
>>3332494
A couple days is a couple days. It doesn't need to be exactly 48 hours, even if it's 3 days the point remains that it doesn't make any sense for an army to show up the morning after Ruby's broadcast.
>>
>>3332462
Hope:
Ruby goes engineering mode elbow-deep in Penny's RGB juice to fix her up while the rest hold off the baddies, only for Penny to wake back up with the hack active which leads to a tearful "No strings on me!" moment where she tears out the remaining swords to sever the connection
and then they fuck
>>
NO NEW EPISODES WTF IS THIS MEME RT!?!?
>>
>>3333131
No new episodes until February 6th.
>>
Any Cinder x Emerald content?
>>
>>3332462
They said this at the start of the month. Remember that cunt Hero Hei and others of the hatedom acted like it's bad news for rwby and rt.
>>
>>3333516
It's certainly not great that they still push off series production close enough to airing that they have to take a hiatus every single season to finish episodes.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3333536
This is the first time they have taken a long hiatus. Rwby has been taking a few weeks off for the holidays. They had to take longer because of covid. They are trying to make a better product. If you ever watch the commentaries they talk about the crunch.

They are trying to make the crunch better this time. By giving more room to work. But fucktards still bitch because they want them to burn.
>>
>>3330729
>>3333516
I have no idea what are those names and drama you're talking about and I feel like I'm happier because of that.
>>
File: 1449287946618.png (346 KB, 499x536)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>3333736
Giving them more room to work is something you do in the early planning and push back release for, not something you do because you're in the middle of an airing season while you're already in a crunch and realize you're just not going to make it. People bitch because RT is a shit company plagued by its own poor management and terrible business/production/everything strategies. I don't know or care what hero hei had to say, but
> it's bad news for rwby and rt.
is right. It is bad news. It means they are still retarded and haven't figured out after 7 volumes and as many years how to budget time and set realistic release dates so that they aren't floundering to finish shit that should have been finished long before. It means that collectively the entire upper level crew sat down and were fucking stupid enough to go "hey there's a global pandemic that is shutting down everything left and right and almost everyone is pushing back schedules and delaying releases... but we're probably fine right? I mean we've never actually got a volume finished without being pushed right up against the clock and having to crunch or finish episodes the week they are airing, but I'm sure we can just stick to the normal release date and it will all work out".
>>
>>3333349
Like, fanworks, or in the new volume?
>>
>>3333987
To be perfectly fair, the holiday hiatus has always been just that, for holidays. A perfectly reasonable break for the season. That it's been tripled in length this year is easily attributed, like much going on as of late, to the pandemic and working from home, an entirely new situation which they are having to adjust to. You can't really plan in advance for building a pipeline with everyone working from home, 'cause it's not something people have had to do before.
>>
File: DEImsQ8VwAAuprd.png (494 KB, 900x900)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>3333990
>the holiday hiatus has always been just that, for holidays
It's not, it's for extra crunch time.
1) RT doesn't actually go on holiday, there are series still airing right now and all the way through the break
2) They work on the series during this break, because again, they are constantly behind and struggling to get things finished before their air date
> You can't really plan in advance for building a pipeline with everyone working from home
You don't need to have an exact timeline to not be stupid. Using the normal release date is obviously the wrong answer. No one, at any point during the six months of covid delays saying "maybe we should just push the release back a couple months" is also obviously the wrong answer. It isn't about covid causing a delay, it's that they were stupid enough to think they weren't going to have any covid delay, AND set a date they have never been able to reach without crunching, AND never adjusted it in the half a year they had to see things were not going to work well. Scheduling for November 7 was a retarded thing to do even completely ignoring any impact covid had, but they don't actually care about a "better product" (have you seen the RT store for christ's sake?) or improving their work ethic/environment, they just pay those things lip service.
>>
>>3333987
Okay dumbass first people bitch because glass door did that story of how much people are working and the insane hours they have to work.

Rooster teeth makes changes. Then a pandemic happens so they are no longer working at their high in studio. Instead they have to convert their home offices. Meaning they have a harder time working working together. They have to coordinate with everyone in different departments. While also working on Red vs Blue zero along with Rwby.

Plus the fact they had recasting for Ryan after it came out that he was a monster. Its amazing they got a good finished product at all.

Even before the pandemic they had a time frame they had to keep and work in the crunch. But people like you and other toxic fuck tards like hero hei just bitch. They keep saying they want better. But you just want them to burn because they aren't following what you wanted to happen.
>>
>>3333975
There is a group of asshole that used to be small. These people bitched about anything rooster teeth and achievement hunter did. It all started when AT&T bought them and they joined the warner family. People started calling them sell outs and just wanting them to burn.

Rwby started and they called it shit because it was in poser and didnt look that good. But people liked it and it became a overnight hit. Which pissed them off that people like what they dont like.

Then Monty died. Now these assholes split into 2 factions 1 praised rwby and montys vision but hated what they did next. The other faction was the same just wanting them to burn. Then the cuck Shane wrote a letter bitching about how rwby is changing. Except these were changes they already had in place. Shane was a friend of montys he bent over backwards and shared details. Now they defend shane as if he is jesus. Shane got himself fired along with Glynda's va but that was another people as she was fighting with everyone at RT for years.

They then start planting seeds of Yang and Blake being a couple and had Sun as ship bait. Which pissed them off. Which started their favorite phrase "Its not what Monty would want." They then attack and bully people at RT over eveything and anything.
>>
>>3334007
People forget how all the rwby commentaries were Miles and Kerry openly complain about the hard hours as well as others who would join them.
>>
>>3334003
Do you have any actual basis for any of the things you're claiming? Any actual experience with this yourself?
>>
>>3334007
>Getting this triggered over someone pointing out the shitty practices of a notoriously bad company.
>"toxic"
So how many days has it been since you wandered over from r/rwby?

>>3334026
>basis for any of the things you're claiming
That RT has things actively airing and being made during the "holiday break"? Just go to RT and look at the schedule. That they struggle to get things done before airing? They've literally tweeted about just finishing episodes days before an episode airs and put out sneak peaks the week before an episode airs with incomplete scenes still under work. This isn't some conspiracy, just readily observable information.
>>
>>3334028
>Just go to RT and look at the schedule.
I wasn't aware that RWBY's production staff also did stuff like TTRPGs and Let's Plays. Does suck that the animation is the only thing they take a break from while still working on everything else they were before.
>>
>>3334032
Not all but many, RT loves to double-dip employees. A lot of the sound production staff also work on non-animated shows, obviously a huge chunk of the cast/higher ups (M&K, Laura, Gray, most of the main characters, etc.) either are in or work on other shows. Pretty much every animator (and people in mocap, stunts, sounds, EFX, lighting, etc.) is also on 2-3 other animated shows, so a good portion of them are still working on RvB Zero which hasn't gone on break. Also probably worth mentioning that a significant portion of the people who work on RWBY (modelers, artists, etc.) aren't really getting a "break" proper to begin with because they aren't actually RT employees but contracted freelancers for whom RWBY is just one side contract.
>>
>>3333989
fanworks
it's probably my fav ship atm and I never seen even one fanart
>>
>>3334052
You do know their company isnt that big right? And they had to let people thanks to the fuckery of Gray. Since you brought him up it sounds like you didnt know that Gray fired for embezzlement.

Gray wanted his own legacy jealous of Monty. So he took advantage of people's trust and the position he had. He almost singal handley took Roosterteeth down to make Gen:Lock.

Warner stepped in to be a more hands on with their assets. It's why camp camp, rwby chibi and a few other projects cancelled.
>>
>>3334032
Miles and Kerry used to do stuff with other groups. But now they work souly on rwby and other animated projects. Sometimes they would still show up in podcasts but that's about it.

Hell to save money and so Miles can work on other projects Rooster teeth made him a part timer.
>>
>>3334028
Oh look it's the hatedom and most likely the dumbasses from CO. Because it's bad in your eyes to like something and want to stick up for them. Just keep getting pissed that people enjoy rwby.
>>
>>3334260
>You do know their company isnt that big right
>400+ employees

>>3334273
>CO
Holy shit I was only half serious, but thank you for just outright confirming you're some r/rwby faggot fresh off the boat.
>>
>>3334326
>>3334028
>>3333987
>>3334003
Meds. Now.
>>
File: Cuz2czUUAAA7lIe.jpg (186 KB, 2480x1125)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>3334503
>s-someone pointed out flaws in the thing I like but I can't think of an actual counter-argument!
>>
I'm feeling good. Are you feeling good? This year needs more enabler.
>>
I'm not drunk (yet)
But I will still say
I love you all!
>>
>>3334865
If you really loved us, you'd write more fallen petals.
>>
>>3334868
The our love can never be....
>>
>>3334688
Not even people you're talking with but you did nothing but rambling some random gibberish based on nothing but your opinion, dismissed people debunking you with a one line greentext, and slapped some ad hominem for good mesure. If that is what you call "pointing out flaws", you need to seriously revise the definition. Go back to /co/ or something.
>>
>>3334887
> based on nothing but your opinion
And, you know, rooster teeth's own information that can be viewed by anyone. But I guess if pretending objective facts are opinions helps you sleep better, go for it.
>dismissed people debunking you with a one line greentext
What, the retarded post about Gray that had nothing to do with anything I was arguing? Why would I not just completely dismiss a post that had fuck all to do with what was being talked about.
>>
>>3334868
Worst ship. People wanna abuse Ruby, they should write more with the villain she actually had a thing for.
>>
>>3334865
Starting the New Year off right.
>>
File: Neo Ruby 77207095_p2.png (3.72 MB, 2125x1414)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
Happy N/u/ Year!
>>
>>3334912
Personally I want Ruby to be the one in charge and abusing
>>
>>3334961
>>
>>3334326
Dude you do know the 400+ people are split up into 3 groups RT, achievement hunter, and Funhuus. There are other groups like their friends of RT were they added to help other creators out to. Also cant forget dude soup is still around. Wow your a fuck tard.

Yet you demand them to work harder without their normal equipment.
>>
>>3334887
Trolls never learn they will never admit it and keep shitting on rwby and rt. The CO thing say you like it so they just go out of their way to make people look bad and or dumb. While in reality they just look keep going reeeeeee because people like things they don't like
>>
>>3334326
If you hate rwby so much why are you on the u rwby thread.
>>
>>3334972
>Yet you demand them to work harder without their normal equipment.
No? Are you a retard or just incapable of reading? The entire point was that RT has shitty practices and poor time management so they end up crunching every volume and having to take mid-volume breaks when they should have just pushed back the release date to begin with so that they weren't struggling to finish episodes like always. ESL fags I swear.

>>3334980
>If you hate rwby so much
The discussion isn't even about liking or not liking RWBY you underage downy, it's about Rooster Teeth.
>u
Seriously, go back.
>>
>>3334982
>Seriously, go back.
Why does a crossboarder think he's in a position to order native users to go back? Speaking of, it's time you went back to /co/.
>>
>>3334984
>crossboarder
And what's wrong with that?
I come from /pol/ to drop redpils and truthbombs on the worldwide conspiracy of the secretive shadowy clique aimed to keep a siscon sister down! Specificly I wage war on "Yang X Ruby futa(no enabler)" fanfics. How does that degeneracy even work? I tell you: CIS physics! Remove futa from premises!
>>
>>3335016

............................................................................................................Kys
>>
>>3335016
I know I shouldn't reward such low-effort idiocy, but whatever, got a chuckle. Here's a (You).
>>
>>3334984
>native user
>doesn't even know the basic format for 4chan board names
>>
>>3335042
>he doesn't know
>>
Penny/Ruby/Weiss canon throuple when?
>>
>>3334982
Keep being a fuck tard. Hell any time rooster teeth takes time to work harder and better time management people bitch saying they are doomed.
>>
>>3335356
When Weiss actually interacts with either of them again after that one instance at the end of V7.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3335756
Sauce?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3335780
https://twitter.com/insane84699530/status/1345048066311692289
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3336544
Are they all sitting on eggs?
>>
File: Eq1pRVDXMAIi04k.jpg (783 KB, 1682x4000)
783 KB
783 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/Y8ay8aNSFW/status/1345848022534651907
>>
>>3336675
Dildos more likely.
>>
>>3337044
Penny should join in.
>>
Monochrome is a ghost ship but it's cute anyways
>>
>>3337267
>>
File: ESdND9LWAAEpEhw.jpg (92 KB, 675x900)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>
>>3336548
>yang sucking on the ruboobie
huh usually it's the other way around
>>
>mommy Yang
Sweet.
>>
File: Ruby Yang 49093989_p1.png (1.21 MB, 2557x2376)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
Ruby is genetically predisposed to incest because her mom is Raven, not Summer, and her dad is Qrow, not Tai. Raven just dumped both kids on Tai and Summer because she didn't want to be tied down, and Qrow ran away in shame over impregnating his sister. And thus, Ruby is destined to follow in her Mom's footsteps and fuck her sibling.

It's just a coincidence that Summer looks so much like Ruby.
>>
>>
>>
File: SaphRuby.png (1.14 MB, 1778x2010)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 74745553_p0.jpg (177 KB, 600x750)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>
>>3334260
>Gray was fired for embezzlement
Is that true?
>>
>>3346023
Pretty sure he was never formally "Fired", just demoted and shuffled over to a new position where he couldn't fuck things up like that again.
>>
>Justice League RWBY AU
What the fuck even.
https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/rooster-teeth-hit-rwby-crossing-over-with-the-justice-league/
>>
File: qywcYyfCYXEH293tdGwif8.jpg (603 KB, 1280x1968)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>3346279
At least it seems to be /u/ wrothy. Looks like someone wanted Ruby/wonderwoman crackfic done at any cost.
>>
https://twitter.com/WhiteRosezine/status/1350243131367809028?s=20
>>
>>3346023
No, he just made dumb budget decisions to beef up Genlock. ever wonder why they had half of V5 happen in one house?
>>
>>3346468
>Diana uses the lasso of truth on Ruby
>"I sometimes put on Weiss' underwear and masturbate in them!"
>>
>>
>>3352023
I could get behind this ship. More-so than Winter/Robyn certainly.
>>
File: ELb_LqAXUAM-RZo.jpg (219 KB, 1344x1146)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>3352034
Robyn is for sheep.
>>
File: Robyn holding Fiona.jpg (356 KB, 2600x2800)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
>>3352062
I concur.
>>
File: 1187.png (1.32 MB, 1623x1179)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>3352071
>>
>>
File: 87235352_p0.jpg (796 KB, 1000x707)
796 KB
796 KB JPG
>>
>>
>New Trailer for the 2nd half of the volume
>100% recycled dialogue set to 75% recycled clips
What even was the point of this
>>
>>3353607
They really desperately want us to be surprised by whatever utterly predictable things that will happen next. What they won't or can't admit is that all it really means when they say "you won't see it coming" is that the story is going to be fraught with garbage storytelling decisions that don't follow events or characters' choices logically. Ruby won't face any meaningful consequences for her actions, Penny will have whatever philosophically questionable shit happen to her, Cinder will either die or betray Salem, Winter and the Ace Ops will either die or nothing will happen with them, Ironwood will die. Anything that deviates from predictable will necessarily be an arbitrary decision taken by the writers to force the narrative to follow an unnatural path.
>>
File: 1175.png (2.68 MB, 1800x1240)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
>>3353615
>Cinder will either die or betray Salem
Personally I'm betting on her not betraying Salem, but instead losing to the protagonists for the billionth time without dying.
>>
>>3353615
People say "Predictable" like it's a bad thing, but really a well-told story /should/ be largely predictable, in that what comes before should setup what comes next.

RWBY, meanwhile, has a fondness for utterly disregarding any prior setup in favor of constantly shifting focus, throwing in new elements rather than reusing existing ones, and never seeing /anything/ through to a satisfying conclusion.
>>
File: Blake Yang qkmlho00bjb61.png (1.28 MB, 1200x1500)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>3353650
Absolutely. I agree 100%. RWBY's predictability isn't "the characters have done these things, with these consequences, and we know that these are their intentions, and the tone is set in this way and hasn't wavered, and it makes sense to continue in this trajectory," it's "what's the dumbest thing I can think of for the writers to do, that completely ignores the characters and events that have transpired up to this point, and why is that exactly what's going to happen next?"
>>
>>3353651
>>3353650
>>3353615
Stop being so wrong.
>>
>>3353655
Completely different anon, but they are both (?) correct. RWBY somehow manages to be both routinely predictable and also painfully blunder any given prediction.
>>
>>3353650
I think Sanderson put it best when he described that a plot twist should be "surprising, yet inevitable."
>>
>>3353712
How very vague and non-specific of him. Did he at least demonstrate that assertion using concrete examples?
>>
>>3353725
It came up as a part of his college lecture series, so I assume that during the hour or so on the topic, he elaborated what that implies.
>>
Why do people who obviously hate the show still come here volume after volume to express their dislike of the show? Like, we heard you the last 50 times, it's always same arguments since at least V5, anyway.
>>
>>3353769
You can like something and still be aware it's complete garbage, kiddo.
>>
>>3353773
What if I disagree with the claim of the thing I like being garbage, what now, old fart?
>>
File: 82698733_p0_1.png (3.77 MB, 2105x2550)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
>>3353814
I mean you've already established you're the sort of idiot who's incapable of differentiating between liking a thing and the thing being good quality, so any claim you make about the quality of something you like is pretty much worthless.
>>
>>3353846
>thinks there's any other qualifier of a show being good other than whether a person likes it or not
>callls others idiots
That explains a lot about your posts, actually.
>>
>>3353769
Because I'm bitter and angry about how much I hate the turn the show took with the Atlas arc.
>>
>>3353859
There are objective terms to determine art as good. Otherwise the very descriptions of good and bad would be meaningless, and there would be no distinction between a masterpiece and a piece of shit.
>>
>>3354029
That's funny cause I genuinely think the show has only ever improved in writing quality from season to season. They just insist on throwing more stupid bullshit in and ruining their own hard effort with pointless characters and arcs that detract from the actually good stuff they've done besides. It's tragic really, and I hope when the show arrives in Vacuo they can at least avoid the pitfalls of the Atlas arc where they added ten completely new characters (Happy Huntresses, Ace Ops, Pietro), only a couple of which are needed at all for the plot (Robyn and Pietro, and even Robyn should have been completely different, or the election plot could have been avoided entirely). At least in Vacuo there should really only be characters that have already been introduced, though I haven't read the books so maybe they'll fuck that too they will.
>>
>>3354052
The writing of some moment-to-moment scenes can be pretty good, but what's it matter when they completely lack the ability to make those scenes flow in a cohesive way, or build to any sort of satisfying conclusion?
>It's tragic really
That's one word for it... "Hideously, infuriatingly annoying" are several more.

>Vacuo
I expect that nothing from the books will be included or even alluded to, and that they'll come up with a bunch of new characters again, rather than use the new ones from the book, or any of the older characters featured either.
>>
>>3354098
I know. I don't know why I hold out hope. Eddy will force more stupid fetish OCs into the show and we'll never be free of shitty external story decisions and neither Ruby nor anybody else will ever face meaningful consequences for their decisions.

All I know is I'm gonna be real fuckin mad when they kill Cinder, thus fully squandering every last ounce of potential she ever had.
>>
>>3354101
Personally I disagree with the sentiment that Ruby and co. need to face consequences, but rather I'm more of the mind that they need to be actually involved characters. Right now, the supposed main characters all just feel like accessories to Penny, or Oscar to a lesser extent.
>>
>>3354052
>At least in Vacuo there should really only be characters that have already been introduced

yeah it'll only be team SSSN and CFVY that are there so 8 characters we already know. oh but apparently they mixed the teams up in books to include some of the tournament characters so its now teams NOVA, FNDU, ROSC, BYRN and SSEA. So only 20 characters. And the headmaster Theodore. And probably ilia since she was watching Ruby's message. oh and Miles has mentioned the next volume having STRQ backstory.

cast bloat aside, I do generally agree that the writing is better volume to volume but as you say it gets real caught up in it's own bullshit a lot of the time.
>>
>>3354107
Consequences don't have to be bad, it's just that they make decisions and do things and the rest of the world doesn't react at all. It's just poor storytelling to have characters acting on the scale they are, and to have the world remain almost completely static as a result of those actions. When the Grimm show up and attack Argus, it's not because Ruby and co did anything, it's just convenient timing for the show. When Salem shows up in Atlas, it's not because Ironwood or Ruby did anything, it's because Salem decided to speed up her plan.
>the supposed main characters all just feel like accessories to Penny, or Oscar to a lesser extent
Or Robyn, or May, or whatever side character gets needless focus in each scene.
>>
>>3354107
>Right now, the supposed main characters all just feel like accessories to Penny
it's so funny that RWB were literally standing around drinking tea while everything was going to hell just so penny had a good place to land and start fighting them when the hack kicks in
>>
>>3354118
The fact Penny landed right there like two episodes after first falling was one of the most astonishingly blatant asspulls in storytelling I've ever seen. I really don't know what they were thinking. It's like they realized they didn't have time for Winter to find Penny, and didn't want to deal with Penny being with Ironwood anyways, so they just gave her a little nudge while falling and rolled with it.
>>
>>3354111
>Mixed up teams
That was a ploy by the villains, and everyone went back to their regular teams by the book's climax.

Of the overall cast, most of them didn't receive much focus at all.
CFVY were still the main characters. Sun had a fairly prominent role, with Neptune as his support and Scarlet his critic. Sage did basically nothing, with Nolan having more of a role in their group, becoming an unofficial 4th/5th member. Of the rest of the returning cast, only Arslan, Reese, Nebula and Octavia played much of a role. Nebula bullied Velvet, Octavia got along better with her, Arslan tried to mediate, and Reese got bullied by Coco.
>>
File: Esb_pJfXAAEiFHL.jpg (488 KB, 1920x1080)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>>3354126
>It's like they realized they didn't have time for Winter to find Penny
no you see, it's very important that Winter be there to guide four of the top huntress' and huntsmen in carry a bomb off their airship to a whale that has been shown to have flesh airship landing ports built into it. She has to be there because they've never established atlas as having robots or mechs or any type of advanced vehicles that would do a job like transporting an object from one place to another.
>>
>>3354132
>and Reese got bullied by Coco.
dyke on dyke crime
>>
>>3354114
Ah. Yeah, you're right about that.
Y'know, it's funny. Before Atlas, RWBY (Ruby especially) felt like they were moving the plot. They had a loose plan, and moved to fulfill it. They got to Atlas, Ironwood had his own plan, and they went along with it. Now, that plan has been fulfilled (again, mostly through Penny's efforts, making her feel like she's taking all the spotlight), but the big bad has just /shown up/, removing any necessity for them to move on from Atlas to keep the story moving. Consequently, RWBY feels largely disconnected from having any kind of influence on the plot. And for the thousandth time I find myself questioning, "Where do they go from here?" Salem wins, but doesn't kill them all, so they chase after her to Vacuo?

>>3354118
>>3354126
Contrived does not even begin to cover it...
>>
>>3354138
I wonder if they're gonna do something to have Penny show up at the whale and mess with the bomb team? Maybe Watts programmed Penny to go to Monstra after waking up. Would seem the most expedient route to take from his perspective, given he had no way of knowing they'd send someone to get him.
>>
>>3354141
>but the big bad has just /shown up/, removing any necessity for them to move on from Atlas to keep the story moving.
it's funny because I keep thinking about how they unintentionally cut any tension surrounding the atlas arc by having mercury and tyrian say they were going ahead to vacuo. I get that we all knew they were going to go to vacuo next anyway but it just reinforces that it doesn't matter if altas falls or not because they 're leaving regardless.
>>
>>3354148
I'd think he might have penny come break him out or at least be his pick up and have them both show up to the whale. If the opening if anything to go by then we'll probably get a big RWBY vs Penny fight out in the snow/on the battlefield.
>>
>>
>>3354161
>it just reinforces that it doesn't matter if altas falls or not because they 're leaving regardless.
Nothing in the show ever matters, because the "variables" of any given event in it aren't established and then acted on; they are just made up on the spot. Hence no one in the show having a consistent skill/power level.
>>
>>3354050
>There are objective terms to determine art as good
Not her, but you couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>3354468
Not really. There's plenty of technical requirements that need to be met for a piece of art to be good. That's not to say that art can't subvert those standards, but that's something that far more frequently is used to defend bad works by people without the appropriate grasp of the rules they're breaking, than it is to describe a good work. Cormac McCarthy can get away with throwing out proper punctuation, Mark Twain can get away with endless run-on sentences, John Steinbeck can get away with spending the first several pages of The Grapes of Wrath not progressing the story at all. Amateurs with little to no experience, let alone expertise, almost never succeed at creating objectively good works that also break the rules. RWBY breaks rules, and the only artist who ever worked on that project who was remotely prolific enough to break rules and make his own, was Monty, and that was only in terms of animation and choreography.

RWBY is, objectively, not very good, and trying to claim otherwise is doing it and other actually good works a disservice. It's perfectly ok to like bad things, but it's only ever harmful to ignore their shortcomings.
>>
>>3354502
>There's plenty of technical requirements that need to be met for a piece of art to be good.
Again, false.
>>
>>3354050
This statement is beyond incorrect to the point where I think this comment alone took a year off the life span of every art teacher, critic and historian alive. The fact that making not art on purpose is itself art, should tell you how fucking stupid your statement is.
>>
>>3354652
Not the same anon who made that post or >>3354502 but the reason why making not art on purpose is art itself, is exactly BECAUSE those objective terms exist and the not-art is in reference to those terms, acknowledging and then breaking them. The reason a construction worker can paint a wall white and it is just a wall, but a modern artist can paint a canvas white and it is art is because the artist theoretically understands that there are established historical markers of quality and content in artwork and is intentionally defying them.

That is why you had to specify
>making not art ON PURPOSE is itself art
i.e. not-art is art only when done in the context of art, which amusingly means it isn't not-art at all, it's just regular art trying to be meta. Also, it is also very often terrible precisely because it violates all the common-sense notions of what makes art good and instead attempts to establish value by virtue of whatever convoluted philosophical point it is trying to make. Because at the end of the day a canvas painted white is the fucking hackiest shit in existence, regardless of whatever coke-fueled notion of "purity" you claim it's portraying.
>>
>>3354050
Art understander has logged in.
>>
>>3354661
Okay, the first anon was pretentious. You've gone so far past pretentiousness into sheer nonsense.
>>
>>3354661
meds now
>>
>>3354793
>>3354915
She's right you know
>>
>>3354915
>here's a meme phrase I saw someone else use because I don't have any actual response
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3354468
>>3354507
>>3354652
If you claim that quality is purely subjective, you're shitting all over the hard work of the people who put effort into making high quality stuff. You're putting their work on the same level as no-effort shit. A painting that took months of work can't be on the same level as a doodle. That's why there must be objective standards for quality, otherwise nothing could ever be considered "good".
>>
File: St2.png (1.57 MB, 1750x1750)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>3355270
>>
>>3355278
Art is 100% subjective
Virtue-signalling is a fallacy
>>
>>
>>
>>3355278
You are wrong. Shitty MS paint drawings I made in 20 seconds have given people here plenty of joy.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: EP-beBqUYAAEMqX.png (251 KB, 511x750)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
tfw non-stickarm models never
>>
>>
>>3328593
>>3328409
We've endured worse. The ship will only die if Ruby ever has a canon relationship. Fanon has kept this ship alive even during Volume 4 and 5
>>
>>3364188
I, for one, will help to not let WhiteRose die
>>
File: Ruby and Weiss in Love.png (2.65 MB, 3168x2852)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>3364188
>>3364672
Always and forever.
>>
>>3353769
Because I like the setting, characters, and ideas that RWBY is built on but I hate that the writers eat crayons.
>>
Miss Blake and Miss Yang?,...
Not only do I,..."ship",...it,...
I STAN(STALKER-FAN) IT!
>>
>>3365194
bot?
>>
Ruby got serious subtext with another character this episode, but that character was Blake and not Weiss. I wonder if we might get a rise of love triangle fics with both Ruby and Yang being interested in Blake.
>>
That raven after the explosion in the cellblock, what that, THE RAVEN?
>>
File: Ruby Yang 80564033_p0.png (1.43 MB, 1200x1650)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>3365221
But what about Ruby and Yang being interested in each other?
>>
>>3365226
Wait, I just remembered that Qrow can turn into crow, nevermind
>>
>>3365219
Nah, just a retard who has been spamming shit threads the last few weeks.
>>
File: Aquarium.png (573 KB, 600x1599)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
>>3365221
That shit was the closest thing the show has gotten to a sex scene
>>
File: 1581623068086.jpg (489 KB, 1280x1398)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
>>3365221
RT are just engaging the bait and switch to go full steam ahead of Freezerburn and Ladybug because they've realized what the true top tier ships are besides Pollination.
>>
>>3365221
I sincerely doubt that. Like, it's pretty obvious that with BB still being fuckin' obvious and reinforced at every turn, that they're trying to reinforce the notion of Ruby and Blake as sisters[-in-law].
>>
Lots happened in that most recent episode (8).
>>
>>3365531
Not really. Freaky Grimm from the teaser turned out to just be an Alpha Centinel, and while the Hound did turn out to be a person, but just some rando rather than Summer. Still, he had silver-eyes, so the crack theories live on. Seeing Blake use Dust Clones again was cool.

Also kinda pissed Weiss didn't fight at all.
>>
>>3365221
Nah its still Penny. Ruby literally went into SEW mode the moment Penny was in danger. Her voice deepened the moment Penny was going to be taken. Nuts and Dolts was heavily implied in this ep.
>>
>>3365588
And yet Nora's the one who got the speech allowing Penny to resist Watts' control, however briefly.

Though I'm fairly certain Ruby's gonna get a turn at that soon enough...
>>
>>3365604
Honestly, I think that was actually just to parallel V7 when Penny did that for the original winter maiden. It's pretty much implying Nora will be her last thought if she dies.

I also think Ruby might volunteer to have her Aura extracted in Pietro's place to bring back Penny. Which will pretty confirm Ruby feelings.
>>
>>3365608
>Which will pretty confirm Ruby feelings
Confirm what feelings, that Penny is very important to her? No shit.
>>
>>3365611
I mean yeah, Penny is literally shown as the second most important person to her in the montage of Ruby's thoughts. Her mom being the one she loves the most.
>>
>>3365612
What I mean is that it's not like her giving up a chunk of aura would prove she has romantic feelings for Penny. Ruby would do that shit for anyone in WBY/JNR(O)Q. She'd probably do it for Willow or Whitley or the Ace Ops if they somehow got into a situation where someone was dying and she could save them by giving up a portion of her aura.
>>
>>3365575
>Also kinda pissed Weiss didn't fight at all.
I grumbled, but that shot with the wings unfolding was cool as fuck.
>>
>>3365696
It was, and it's cool to see everyone doing fanart of it. But it's rather undercut by the fact they were /immediately/ destroyed by Centinels before she was able to do anything.

Lotta people thinking that it's setting up a proper summoning down the line, but I've reached the point where I have 0 expectations for any seeming "Setup" to actually lead to anything.
>>
>>3365194
Does anyone know who this artist is? I remember this was from like V1 or V2
>>
>>3366070
Bakki https://www.deviantart.com/bakki/art/Blake-X-Yang-The-fire-intensifies-449581412

Warning: They also draw Jaunefaggotry.
>>
File: 88c6420.jpg (134 KB, 666x666)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
The writer's are so reactionary to what twitter and reddit are saying that I wonder if Vacuo will circle back round to Ruby/Weiss, not that I think they'll really commit to a relationship for Ruby one way or another. Ruby and Blake getting a lot of smaller interaction this volume and the whole speech last episode feels like they finally got tired of people point out that Ruby and Blake barely talked after volume 1. Yang being sent off with the boys also feel like a reaction to the talk pieces of 'Blake and Yang are stuck to the hip! why wont they team up with other character after we complained last volume that they didn't interact with each other enough make a romantic arc between them valid!'

I know people think nuts and dolts is possibility being set up but the rwby writers room feels like the kind of place that would say 'They Seem To Be Very Good Friends' to any relationship Ruby has with another girl. Anyway, all this is to say it I think it'll be funny if whiterose people getting loud enough actually works they we see something closer to their v6 dynamic since it's honestly worked for a lot of other stuff.
>>
>>3366205
Hey, if it works, it works.

Would be funny to see them keep up the "we don't let fan reaction decide the direction of the show" bs at that point though.
>>
>>
Miss Blake and Miss Yang
all the way!,...Yeah!,...
Blake and Yang 4-Life,Baby!

P.S.- I am starting to HATE
4-chan and those who post
lots of random stuff,and those
who say very discriminative
things about other people on
4-chan!,...Including me!

Seriously. Please stop it.
Go get some help,you fucking
schitzo psychos.
>>
>>3366616
You need to be over 18 to post on this website. I doubt you're even half that age.
Fuck off.
>>
>>3366616
lmao, kill yourself
>>
I read a fic on Ao3 a while back that had Weiss give Ruby a massage and follow it up with some light bondage. It was pretty cute and fluffy. Does anyone know which one I'm talking about?
>>
>>3366892
This?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11267729/1/Kinks
>>
The true nature of the Hound.
>>
File: 2546678.jpg (463 KB, 1291x1513)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>
>>3367081
I'll never understand how that artist is popular but I'll be damned if I don't respect the hustle of getting paid good money to pump that out.
>>
>>3367118
I don't really think he is all that popular. But he draws a shit ton and from popular shows, so you see his stuff everywhere.
>>
>>3367133
I know a few people at least who genuinely seem to like the "Art", and pay for it too. Mostly to get their OCs drawn I suppose.

Can't say I understand it. Learning to draw for yourself would probably be cheaper and more satisfying than that crap.
>>
File: 1534213627336.jpg (471 KB, 2384x2252)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>3364672
>>3364702
Bless up sisters. Its almost as if everyone has forgotten/wasn't here for Neptune

8 years later and the ship gets much more content than any other every new Volume.
>>
>>3365575
>Also kinda pissed Weiss didn't fight at all.

Its because RT blew their load for Weiss in Volume 4 and 5. She already had an arc and has been more or less demoted to a support/mage. Which is incredibly disappointing considering Dust is one of the few interesting combat aspects for the show and watching the white trailer compared to the fights Weiss has now is sad. Monty clearly envisioned her to be more aggressive in combat then she is now.
>>
>>3328254
Damn, this really was made back on Christmas eh.

I remember when RWBY threads were lightning fast when the show first came out.
>>
I'm seeing some good use of the potential angst
>>
>>3367791
Weiss was garbage during volume 4 tho.
>>
>>3367793
>
>>3367796
She was, but its obvious RT were working towards an arc with her character with build up for the summons. Now they have no idea what to do with her.
>>
>>3367791
>>3367801
I was really looking forward to what they might do with her after building up her anxieties with returning to Atlas through V6. Feels like they really dropped the ball only having her confront her dad once, then arrest him immediately after. Meanwhile, Winter's characterization now seems more tied to Penny.

The stuff with Willow and Whitley is alright, but compared to the specter of her dad established since the series' beginning, or her worship of Winter given significantly more focus previously, they feel rather underwhelming.
>>
>>3367789
the Neptune days were awful, glad we moved past those. Hopefully we'll get past the Penny and Oscarfags
>>
>>
>>3367805
That's RWBY for you. To me, it seems very obvious that's what Weiss' arc was building to, confrontation with her family and its legacy with more of an in-depth look into their family dynamics, but because the show has plot now and wants to move fast, the writers can only allude to the themes rather than showing it. And when they do show it, its usually so incredibly blunt and in your face its almost like its children's platitudes. We, as the viewers, understand that Weiss was prissy and mean because of the pressure of her legacy and how she was taught relying on others was weak. But none of that characterization is ever given enough time to develop because plot. They also wasted a shit load of time in volume 3/4/5 on characters and places and plot points that will never matter to the larger narrative or the characters at all. A lot of the reasons why the show has such a large following is because fanon has filled the gaps the writers struggle with for years. Fan interpretations of crumbs of Weiss' character and her implied development are much better than canon.
>>
>>3368718
While I agree with you in principle, I'd argue that Weiss, while let down at what should have been a climax for her character, did receive a fair amount of in-show development compared to others, especially on her own team. Ruby being the most glaring example. People come up with all these theories and ideas about her character, and there is legitimately /nothing/ for any of it in the show. Everyone seems to expect a major turning point is coming that will actually develop her, but at this point I severely doubt it'll ever happen. Might be kind of hilarious to see people's reactions when there's never a big breakdown, and instead she just toughs it out and delivers another big speech. Wonder if there'd be a backlash? Or if people will just try and explain away how, "No, this is actually brilliant for her character" like they did when Blake and Yang never talked about their issues, and just magically solved all their interpersonal conflicts by killing a dude.

And of course, you're 110% right about them wasting time on pointless shit rather than actually developing the important things, Jaune being the most egregious example to my mind.
>>
>>3368461
I understand your disdain for Rosegarden but what's your problem with Penny? It's because she's black (male), isn't it? Joking aside, I don't get what was the deal with Pietro donating his aura instead of Penny just being a super advance robot. Too many questions? Like being afraid of fans asking why Atlas don't make artificial aura containers or something. Maybe it's just the cultural gap between murrica and Japan. The shinto religion consider everything has a soul while westerners believe souls are given only to humans by god and not all humans, see /pol/
>>
>>3368528
>fat
>obvious male gaze
why would you post this?

>>3368718
>>3368727
You're both right. Weiss is simultaneously the most nuanced of team RWBY, while also being the most let down by the plot and writing. It's precisely because of her nuance that she's let down. Her character demands more depth, and the writers recognize this on a superficial level and give her marginally more development and detail than the others, but not to the level that her character needs to truly flourish. There's a few characters like this in the show, and from my anecdotal experience people tend to either consider them the best characters or the worst characters, depending on if they prefer potential at large, or how much of the character's potential is reached, no matter how limiting.

A good example of the latter is Jaune. People retards like him a lot because he's a blank slate of a character with absolutely zero development potential, which means the writers can effectively and consistently characterize him with extremely little effort or screentime, Almost always in the form of complete competence for the exact moment it's required of him, followed up by a faux pas or clumsiness to futilely hide the fact he literally never fucks up anything important and there's very little left on the table for them to miss with him. Weiss, on the other hand, along with, to vary degrees, Cinder, Blake, Ironwood, and others have more complex character backgrounds and motives and the potential for very involved arcs that could and should develop organically along with and help drive the main plot, but instead are regularly cast aside in favor of external storytelling and not a few deus ex machinas to propel the narrative without the character input that is critical to good storytelling.
>>
>>3368861
Not OP, but all those memes are idiotic. I just don't like N&D. Also not much of a fan of how Penny's stolen the spotlight this volume, with everything thus far revolving around her (or indeed, Oscar, to a lesser degree.)
>>
>>3368870
>>fat
>>obvious male gaze
>>
>>3369014
esl, plz
>>
>>3369014
To dumb it down for you, sis, the characters in the image in post 3368528 are obviously staring at a male viewer (breaking the fourth wall) and inviting him to have sex with them. Furthermore they are fat and gross.

Pic related is similar in that the characters are looking at the camera, but because Kali is saying "I like her" it can be assumed that the viewer in this case is implied to be female, therefore making it yuri and not hetshit.
>>
>>3366939
Yes!
>>
File: 77778662_p0.jpg (980 KB, 2480x3508)
980 KB
980 KB JPG
Best mom/daughter ship coming through
>>
File: Tumblr_l_72906522766589.png (563 KB, 792x1224)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
>>3369062
Take your meds schizo.
>>
>>3369309
Correct.

Though I wouldn't mind some more Summer/Yang.
Or Raven/Ruby...
>>
>>3369062
Actually rent free.
>>
>>3369057
>>3369062
Both of you are retards.
>>
>>3369344
Summer/Yang is a surprisingly good pairing.
>>
>>3368861
I don't hate Penny as a character, but I don't like Nuts & Dolts, and like the other nee-san mentioned, Penny's taken up a ton of the spotlight this volume.

>I don't get what was the deal with Pietro donating his aura instead of Penny just being a super advance robot. Too many questions? Like being afraid of fans asking why Atlas don't make artificial aura containers or something. Maybe it's just the cultural gap between murrica and Japan.

You realize this is a Western product right?

Regardless, I'm actually usually a big robot/human shipper, but just not in this case.
>>
>>
>>
After years of delaying it I finally read Summer Rose Court and it made me care more about White Rose than anything in canon ever did. But then, maybe I'm also just feeling nostalgic for the ways used to be in the fandom during the early volumes.
>>
File: b6WXTXl.jpg (30 KB, 497x480)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>3369846
It was a better time.
>>
>>
>>
>>3368727
Its kind of crazy that we, as long time fans, have more of a grasp on character development and have discussions on improvement 8 years later than RT can't even grasp. M&K are still hacks lol
>>
>>3369846
Are you referring to the VN? If you can get past Yangs awful design then its got some great WR and Nuts and Dolts plot line
>>
>>3369854
That it was.
>>3370359
I am, yeah. The art's easy enough to ignore 'cause I'm not autistic. I had a lot of fun with it, wish they'd managed to make it longer.
>>
>>3370362
Same but its the best content for a lot of ships we've gotten in years. A lot of the old guard has long moved on. I especially liked the angst angle with Weiss and feeling inferior, something the show spends only a single episode on.
>>
>new episode: released
>thread: dead
>>
>>3370826
I'd say there isn't much for us to /u/ about aside from now having more chances to pair Emmy off with protagonist girls
>>
>>3370826
There was nothing /u/ related this episode, so yeah we're dead. Feel free to start a conversation about something you found interesting
>>
>>3370860
>Feel free to start a conversation about something you found interesting
I can't. There was no Cinder is this episode.
>>
>>3370826
>>new episode
Maybe not everyone knows where to get the new episode for viewing.

What question do you think Neapolitan asked? (and how do you think she'd ask it given her vocal situation?
>>
>>3370898
Charades
It was a jolly old time, best day out Jinn's had in centuries
>>
File: dem puppies.png (503 KB, 1029x710)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
What is Emerald going to do now?
She still has the whole Cinder arc going on and I really don't see Cinder living through the season without getting Hound'd, so assuming Em opts to not throw herself into that mess when Cinder finally blows up, what then?
She has nobody on the continent who gives a shit about her and no connections to stay with (à la Ilia and the neo-WF/Ghira in Menagerie).
I'd like to see more of her, but making her hang around with the main gang also sounds like a very bold move to make.
>>
File: 1dg0xbr6yaw31.jpg (62 KB, 609x680)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>3370932
I could see her hanging around at least until they get to Vacuo since they'll probably want Mercury to also not be a bad guy any more. I like Emerald so I wouldn't be mad if her hung around however it does bring the enteral problem of rwby adding more characters into their core travelling party then a show with their runtime has room for.
if Emerald stays then I can't see them also keeping Penny, unless they split the teams again. No idea how Cinder (and possibly Neo) will play into it though.
>>
File deleted.
do you think they'll do a fake out and have Winter tell RWB that she blew up Yang on the whale? I could see it for the family and/or bumbleby angst but rwby is pretty all over the place so who knows!
>>
>>3370940
I think Penny is going to be tied to Atlas either way. She's supposed to be its protector, and now they really need someone to sweep the Grimm under a rug.
>>
>>3370932
I certainly wasn't expecting her to defect at this juncture. Thought for sure she'd insist on staying behind after the truths Oscar told them were confirmed, only leaving once she'd had a confrontation with Cinder, who would dismiss Emerald's fears in her constant pursuit of power. I still expect such a confrontation to occur, but I suppose Emerald's being more proactive about it, rather than just waiting for Cinder to come back?

>>3370940
>Neo
Curious to see what she does with the lamp. It's not like she can use it herself, right? Is she gonna take it to Cinder? Return it to the protags to earn their trust?
Also, seeing that "Chameleon" is now apparently among her abilities, I wanna see some Neo x Ilia content.

>>3370948
That'd be just the /worst/ way to resolve the conflict raised between her and Ruby. Like, I wasn't expecting anything to actually come of it, and for them to just sweep any potential hard feelings under the rug, but to use Ruby thinking Yang was dead as an excuse to do so would just make it even worse.
>>
Remnant Batman uses a Bat-le Axe.
>>
>>3370952
>Also, seeing that "Chameleon" is now apparently among her abilities
It always was. How do you think she (and Roman) got from the fight to their ship in her introduction episode?
>>
Back then she just created an illusory version of the two of them to cover for them sneaking off to their ship. She didn't colour-shift her body to blend into the environment.
>>
>>3371157
Yes. And how do you think RWBY didn't immediately see two Romans and two Neos? How do you think she vanished from Raven's sight with no illusory version?
>>
>>3371168
The visual back in V2 made it seem like she projected a wall to disguise her and Roman fleeing, not that she camoflaged them like that.
>>
File: ERjWFNbUEAMtvzP.jpg (414 KB, 1653x951)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>3371186
I mean said wall would have to be doing the exact same thing, i.e. be a projection of the background visuals, but v3 showed us all of her persona and costume disguises are also part of her power, so we've known a very long that what she can do isn't just projecting shatterable illusions, but continually disguise the visuals of an object as being something else. It's not like her hair goes away when disguised as Nora/Ruby, or the sails of the mantle airship go away when she disguises it as an Atlas one. So logically everything is still there, it just looks like whatever is behind it.
>>
>>3371224
Every prior use of her power still seemed decidedly different than her just blending into a wall like a literal chameleon.
>>
>>3371226
The only difference here is that, for the purposes of the shot being cool, you were given then benefit of seeing the power from the "wrong angle". Her powers have never made sense without her being able to active camo.
>>
>>3371226
>blending into a wall like a literal chameleon.
Why do you think mimicking a person is different than the wall? A pixel is a pixel.
>>
>>3371226
Except when she just winked out of existence in front of Raven.
>>
File: 1573930203968.jpg (503 KB, 1008x720)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>3370932
Honestly, I think Yang being the "Mercury" to Emerald for a little while could be pretty fun from a banter point of view but I doubt it's gonna happen. She's probably going to go right back to Cinder and get "do you care about me or not" confirmed for real now that she 100% cannot go back to Salem without being killed.

So, either it works and she and Cinder fuck off (unlikely) or it doesn't, and Emerald fucks off on her own, after Mercury or back to the protagonists. Or, lastly, Cinder does the ultimate betrayal and brings Emerald back to Salem herself like "Look I got the traitor :)".
>>
>>3371469
Darkest timeline: Yang/Blake/Emerald love triangle stretched over five seasons
>>
>>3371469
I think a confrontation with Cinder is inevitable, given Emerald's whole character revolves around her. Where they go from there, who can say. Properly joining the protagonists could be interesting, so I'd certainly like them to go that route. Another interesting possibility could be her and Neo striking out on their own, but as much fun as that could be, I don't think I have the patience for another split perspective. So yeah, just joining up with the protagonists.

Also, I wonder if there's any possibility of them revisiting Ruby's crush on her? Rather hope not.
>>
Now we need art and fics of Salem doming Yang and Emerald.
>>
>>3365231
*slow clap*

>>3371469
Oh, I hadn't even considered that last one. It'd fall pretty well in line with how selfish they've painted Cinder, and they definitely seem to be pushing the idea that she doesn't deserve Em.
>>
>>
>>
>>3375397
God I hate this shit.
>>
>>3375562
Okay.
>>
Making a new thread brb

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.