[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Last thread: >>3498396

New here? Need a starting point?
Try the /u/ recommendation survey results:
https://pastebin.com/WRpxij2k

Lists of Yuri Games:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri (Generally non-VN games)
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/ (Anything available on Steam with lesbians in it)
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986 (VNs tagged Yuri Only)

Yuri Game CGs:
http://pastebin.com/PXKFuZGh

Related threads:

Life is Strange: >>3409219
Bioware: >>3466752
Genshin/Honkai Impact: >>3509359
Girls' Frontline: >>3436053
Granblue Fantasy: >>3376334
Azur Lane: >>3477117
Assault Lily: >>3383569
Neptunia: >>3318873
Arknights: >>3478877
LIly LYric cyCLE: >>2405678
>>
Recent News:
Oshirabu Love Or Die is out
Symbiotic Love is out
Knight Bewitched: Enhanced Edition is out
New yuri title in development announced: https://twitter.com/Azare_Himejima
>>
>>3510862
>Oshirabu Love Or Die is out
Hated the first one so much I returned it. But I am bored enough to want to try...
>Symbiotic Love is out
Looks interesting but not much of a fan of Chinese VNs.
>RPGMaker game
No thanks... plus the art looks horrid.
>>
>>3510892
why waste your time and rack up your return count on a fandisc which is basically guaranteed to be worse than the original?
>>
>>3510906
Cuz I'm bored...
>>
>>3510892
Go for Symbiotic Love then. Best of all three there. Worth it.
Oshirabu is brainrot..
>>
>>3510965
the game is further proof, if any was needed, that the Flowers series is more popular in China than anywhere else
>>
>>3510965
How are the Chinese voice acting and is there a way to turn it off?
>>
File: SQT.jpg (156 KB, 1089x613)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
I enjoyed seducing this one-year-old QT and convincing her to betray humanity, which she found arousing. There's also a route where you betray humanity for her, which ends with you becoming her pet.

(You can play as male or female or non-binary so she might just be playersexual, but the true ending does pair her with one of the other women, so...)
>>
>>3510965
Chinese voicing is, as far as I can tell without understanding a word, good. And yes, it can be turned off.
>>
>>3510983
Hey I just finished Gnosia recently too. I was thinking of bringing it up here but considering how little the romantic scenes amount to I held back.
SQ's last event was so damn good. I was actually most fond of Setsu up to then but SQ stole my heart right there.
>>
Don't waste money on Oshirabu, the translation is horrible. I don't know why these bad translators specifically target yuri games.
>>
>>3511072
They know we'll buy anything
>>
>>3511072
>I don't know why these bad translators specifically target yuri games.
That's a nonsensical thing to say considering that a lot of VNs in general have bad translations and the people known to put out the absolute worst translations don't do yuri games at all.
>>
>>3511103
Compare the amount of new het VNs to the amount of new yuri VNs and count how many translations are an absolute fucking joke. One ""funny"" translation can be overlooked, as long as it's not political (which many are), but at least het VNs get taken a bit more seriously.
Flowers? To this day I hear how bad the translation is. Original Oshirabu? Shines with "Akuru, you THOT!!!" The recently released Letters From a Rainy Day? Ruined confession scene with the cringe the translator put in there. Oshirabu LoD? The translator started writing fanfiction in the middle, the voiced line says one thing, the translation starts going on and on about what a "crazy bitch" (lighthearted context) a character is.
If this were one release, your point would be valid, but this is starting to look like a pattern. Het VN translations are not frequently this big of a joke, else everyone and their dog would have heard about it. Compared to at least 90% of recently translated yuri games, I don't know if het games would even reach 30%. We don't get many JP game translations, but when we do, it's full of shit like this and it's horrible.
>>
>>3511112
All of the games you listed are translated by Meru.
>>
File: 20210803192039_1.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>t. Itou Hachi
>>
>>3511116
Ah, so your problem is that you disagree with the personal localisation choices of one specific translator rather than the translation being objectively bad, which is an extremely common problem with het VNs.
>at least het VNs get taken a bit more seriously.
They really don't. There's a much higher proportion of terrible translations, constant arguments over how bad the mediocre ones are, endless flamewars over whether to honorific or not, not to mention the reactions you'll get if you mention 'broski' or 'tsundere'.
>>
>>3511134
>>3511116
whoops sorry that was meant as a reply to >>3511112 not you
>>
>>3511112
Dunno what you're talking about. Meru was brought in to rush a re-translation of Printemps, the original being unacceptably poor. Since she didn't have a ton of time to do it, her work on that title is only a little above average, I think.

Ete, on the other hand, had one of the best translations I've ever seen in a VN. Automne was nearly as good.
>>
>>3511129
Too old.
>>
>>3511129
If it's hit puberty, Itou Hachi doesn't want it.
>>
Where is my lesbian terrorist game. I will ask for a lesbian terrorist game every thread until I forget to. I'll settle for lesbian criminals though.
>>
Who is Meru?
>>
>>3511134
Didn't know that, but ok. However, my point still stands. Should this problem be ignored if it's one translator getting the majority of works but still doing a bad job?
As for the validity of my claims, I dare you to play the latest Oshirabu and then still claim it's an objectively good translation. I can list specific cases, but there are so many bad choices, which get repeated multiple times, that it's impossible to read the VN without those choices breaking the immersion.
Het VNs have seen a lot of horrible shit, too, but the frequency of every single het release being ruined can't possibly be this high, else everyone would have heard about it.
>>
>>3511449
Wait until you see how Aksys butchers otome.
>>
>>3511449
You are just not paying attention because otome games have been having it the worst for years. Look up the Taisho Alice fiasco.
>>
>>3511449
The point I'm trying to make is that you seem to be objecting to a localisation issue rather than a translation issue. Localisation is inherently contentious. Everyone has their own opinions on how much things should be changed for the American audience vs how much they should be translated literally even if that sounds incredibly stilted in English. Some games have even had to be re-released de-Americanised because the userbase complained so much.

If you dislike Meru's localisation choices and she's doing almost all yuri translations then you're going to continue being annoyed by them, unless you can convince someone to use a different translator or stick to reading things in japanese yourself.

However, they are not objectively bad translations. They're readable, fluent English. Yuri actually has a pretty good track record when it comes to translations. There's not much of anything out there that is really disastrous or even what I would consider normal VN levels of bad.

Het VNs are commonly released with a line or two accidentally left in Japanese, doubled words, awkward phrases that don't quite make sense, etc. And only a handful of players even bother complaining because they can still get their rocks off so who cares? They usually save their complaints for MTL nightmares.
>>
>>3511462
Did research, saw the meme lines, turns out Meru had a part in Taisho Alice as well, although it was editing not translation.
>>3511474
Localization is supposed to aid the reader in comprehending a piece that is tough to read due to cultural differences, by changing it enough to not be troubling. I think the American audience would have done just fine without memes, such as "DELETE THIS!!!" or a changed nickname, that doesn't add meaning but instead removes it.
The translations certainly are English, but so is all English slang and kiddy words. Shouldn't mean all localizations should use that language. And perhaps het VNs do have it worse in terms of severity of bad translations, but a bad translation is still a bad translation and shouldn't be accepted.
If you feel like that translation is worthy of support, go ahead, it's your choice and money in the end.
>>
>>3510965
Is this game ends up in a tragedy?
>>
>>3511398
https://merumeru.carrd.co/#portfolio

a translator for VN's that tends to stick to yuri games, though she does other stuff too
>>
>>3511528
She seems cool enough.
>>
>>3511521
In a way. It's sort of prequel to Melancholy love.
I wonder if that story line gets some conclusion in Eternal Love. If it gets translated.
>>
File: 20210801204648_1.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1017)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>3511521
I haven't finished all the endings but the two endings I got all ended up badly and abruptly (wow just like Flowers Spring) I didn't like the big plot twist, very shame considering I quite like the VN until the revelation.

spoiler marked for the plot twist.
The mcs turns out to be half sisters.
FYI, I do like incest (My OTP are Elsanna & Neptune / Nepgear) but in this game it's just..weird and came out of nowhere.
>>
>>3511515
>And perhaps het VNs do have it worse in terms of severity of bad translations, but a bad translation is still a bad translation and shouldn't be accepted.
VNs are a niche market in the west, and yuri VNs even more so. It is fine to have high standards, but you must be prepared to go years without a translator actually meeting them.
So I agree with >>3511474 .
I am thankful that most recent yuri VNs are available in readable and fluent English and can be purchased easily.
I have been in fandoms where VNs get stuck in fan translation hell for a decade. I've seen VNs fan translated using French or Chinese as a pivot language.
Meru is worlds better than that, and I am thankful for her.
>>
>>3512154
Different anon, and I can only speak about Flowers 1. I know the history of it, and that it had to be fixed within a few months. The problem is however, that this "fixed" version is still one of the worst translations that you can find with VNs. And this isn't because of questionable editing, or even someone Japanese translating way too literally. It's just.. plain wrong.

Mistakes always happen. But when multiple lines back to back are full of simple translation errors, and context errors, you begin to wonder. It gets to the point it's hard to say, that it's even the same game. There's just so much twisted and turned around, that gives you a very different impression.

It depends a bit on the part of the game of course, but... the game is just really lacking in TL quality. Usually it's more the editing that suffers. But with the first Flowers, it's to a point, where it's hard to trust any line. And if you don't know Japanese, there's little that hints you at that. Like most Chinese VN translations are bad because the English just doesn't flow and feels off, so you easily see there's a lot wrong with it. If you are fine with that, you are fine with it. Flower however isn't reading THAT badly.

Now, I wouldn't say Flowers Spring is such a great game and the TL is utterly ruining it. No. But I know I'd be sad if this kind of quality would hit something I actually quite like. And while I may not view the game as such, others may. So I understand when some people might be salty about it. Or simply because there isn't a lot of yuri, and what little there is getting something like this quality. Depends on your view. Some take anything, as long as they can kinda get more yuri, others would like it to be treated with care and attention so maybe more people get into it. Given that Flowers didn't work well in Japan either, I don't think much has been lost, but you never know.
>>
>>3512187
I think your just jealous of the success of Flowers so kill yourself and stop posting about it retard.
>>
>>3512187
This one anon just hates flowers ignore them. They are upset they can't self insert as a man who rapes lesbians after the story.
>>
>>3512217
oh god no did we accidentally awaken the flowers autist again
>>
>>3512230
Learn proper grammar het-fag.
>>
Blackberry Nova has posted a new release date of August 19
>>
Chasing Tails is claiming an August 14 release date but they've bumped their date about ten times so far so who knows
>>
>>3512240
>get a room you fucking dykes
>>
File: download (6).jpg (553 KB, 1920x1080)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1668640/Rings_of_Hell/
anyone played this? it's free and looks mildly gay
>>
>>3512240
>2019
What's taking so long?
>>
https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000037292.html
Alice Kanda is on sale for 1000 yen
>>
>>3512240
The store page English makes me want to stay very far away. Maybe fun for russians (?) though.
>>
>>3512217
>>3512220
Whoa, one would think anon insulted your mother instead of criticizing a video game tl
>>
>>3512694
one /u/ser flips out every time anyone says anything even mildly critical about flowers, particularly the first game. best not to engage.
>>
>>3512783
why would anyone have anything critical to say about Flowers, though? It's perfection from start to finish
>>
>>3512187
If you have all this time to make a reddit post complaining about the tl, at least give some proof
>>
you a/u/tists are giving me PTSDs and ruining my enjoyment of yuri
>>
>>3513525
Sounds like your personal problem, I'm not even reading any of this autism.
>>
>>3513543
touche
>>
>>3513525
then why are you here?
>>
>>3511449
https://twitter.com/merumeruchann/status/1423964662169751553
>>
>>3513764
do we really need to encourage more drama?
>>
>>3513764
she's right. it's better to land on the side of too much localization than not enough
>>
So, is Fatal Twelve worth playing?
>>
>>3513955
maybe
>>
>>3513764
She speaks the truth.
>>
>>3513955
yes, unless you need H to be worthwhile
>>
>>3513764
So she's basically admitting that her translations are shit and will stay shit.
Trust me, I'm fluent in Twitter.
>>
>>3514015
You need to stop associating localization with translation. By definition, localizing is about adapting the script to be more palatable to the foreign ear.
>>
>>3513764
>>3514015
https://twitter.com/merumeruchann/status/1424062983660048389
and here she admits inserting unnecessary shit into her works.
>>
File: lole.png (9 KB, 365x82)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>3514017
I won't even bother arguing about this, because it gets worse.
>>
File: 1615376909288.png (559 KB, 663x837)
559 KB
559 KB PNG
>>3514021
>>
>>3514022
That's correct. Localization is a step in the translation process. Even just converting Japanese text to romaji requires some light localization. Only retards believe the "localization = translations I don't like" meme.
>>
>>3514045
But the 'translations I don't like' do happen because of stupid localization. There's a limit, and these people don't see it.
>>
>>3514045
The funny thing is that both interpretations are used by shitty translators to justify their shitty translations. I personally don't even care about the semantics, so we're back to >>3514015
>>
>>3514017
This is the sort of thinking that 4kids used. It results in butchered and repack works for the lowest common denominator.
It's pure evil.
>>
>>3514070
It's literally what localization is. No doubt some of your favorite localized works were altered heavily so they'd work better in English, you just don't notice.
>>
>>3514076
Shhhh. It would shatter their little weeaboo hearts to learn the truth.
>>
File: 1505011651828.png (160 KB, 940x1242)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>3514076
More meaningless statements to divert attention from the fact of poor translation. Or localization, whatever you want to call it.
Take that shit to twitter.
>>
>>3514119
I don't get it, even in this quoted post the poster goes well instead of an maximally accurate translation, I changed the pun a bit so it'd fit better in English. That's exactly what I'm talking about, you're proving my own point.
>>
>>3514122
>I don't get it
And that's the problem, those translators don't get it either. They don't see the difference between a necessary adjustment and an arbitrary rewrite. People tend to complain about the latter.
Even the fact that honorifics are usually discarded right away is questionable. You drop them in a VN set in Japan, and it seems to work for most of it but then makes you cringe in the middle of an ending scene.
>>
I wish people could admit that they simply dislike particular insertions by translators/localizers and have no principled stands beyond that, because that's obviously the case
>>
>>3514146
Ah, so now tweaking the script to be more approachable for an English audience is a necessary adjustment and not pure evil like you were saying a few posts ago. I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so flippant but I'm just amused that you've been unintentionally agreeing with me every time you post.
>>
>>3514165
So you choose to remain ignorant. Fine. Nothing else to be said here.
>>
>>3514183
No seriously, you went from altering the script so English audiences can enjoy it more is pure evil to well necessary adjustments are just part of the process. Which was literally my original position! Come back when your stance is a little more coherent.
>>
File: 36043224_p0.jpg (185 KB, 1015x1000)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Any anon around here played Rune Factory 4 with the gay hack? Apparently it's still a work in progress so how often should I expect Frey to be refered to as a guy, and any idea if some romances suffer more from it than others?
>>
>>3514122
>instead of an maximally accurate translation, I changed the pun a bit so it'd fit better in English
But the translation literally went for a "maximally accurate translation", not a transliteration, you dumbo
>>
>>3514374
>work in progress
Pretty sure that just means "it's never going to be finished", I doubt anyone has worked on it for years.
I haven't played with that specific hack since IIRC it had some problems with the undub version but I switched the models and edited some of the dialogue on my own (mostly replacing some terms like prince to princess, nothing specific). At least from what I've played there isn't much that references her as a guy, the biggest problem that comes to mind is you're not allowed on the girl's bath.
>>
>>3514417
what if you headcanon that your character is a perv who was banned from the bath for previous indiscretions?
>>
>>3514374
>>3514417
I used to have a weird version of the hack that worked really well, but you need to do things in a certain way, like starting as the "male" character and changing your voice to the female one in-game with an Order, I found my post here
https://archived.moe/u/thread/2444229/#2451022
But infortunately the link is dead, I found on the 3DISO website, that is also dead I think.

If I somehow find the old hack on my pc somewhere
>>
>>3514408
In the highlighted segment, they talk about changing The Wizard of Kudzu into The Wizard of Moss. Kudzu isn't moss. It's not a word order or tone rework, they're substituting in a new word because it makes the joke work better in English. Which is the heart of all localization and it amuses me to no end how this toughguy post about fuck localizers who rewrite scripts openly mentions doing the same. Like I said a little bit up, no doubt some of your favorite localized English works have undergone similar changes in virtually every aspect of the script.
>>
>>3514652
You're literally unable to actually comprehend the problem no matter how many times it's explained to you. Or maybe you just don't want to.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YyT2zCm20A
>>
>>3515035
There's a sleeping bed mechanic!
>>
>>3515048
Can I sleep 16 hours like I do in real life?
>>
File: 1598790471455.jpg (37 KB, 323x421)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>3515035
>holding hands in a bed with your girlfriend, showered by rose petals forming a heart shape
This is so absurdly gay I have no words, if they try to have any sort of heterosexual explanation for this, it will be just absurdly dishonest
>>
>>3515070
It will probably be somewhere between Nights of Azure and the first game. Totally obvious and impossible to miss, but somehow still barely acknowledged. That scene did give me a little more hope than I expected to have though.
>>
Forgive this retarded question, but are there any yuri arcade-y games? Something like Tetris or 2048 that I can have on my phone and play offline but yuri?
>>
>>3515035
very gay.
I just wish the girls didn't all look so plain.
>>
>>3515153
nobody insults kishida mel like that
>>
>>3515156
Well, clearly anon just did, so what punishment does it entail?
>>
>>3511150
>>3511166
BASED
>>
>>3515082
Well, in the scene of the girls walking while holding hands, something about "going on a date" was being said, so that may mean something.
>>
>>3511166
>>
File: 20210809193249_1.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
This is dangerous.
>>
>>3515325
What's this?
>>
File: 20210803185113_1.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>3515326
Distant Memorajo
>>
>>3515326
The game PCfags spent $3k on a graphics card for, as /v/ sometimes reminds me.
>>
>>3515255
That wasn’t a compliment, anon.
>>
>>3515331
Looks worth it to me
>>
Just finished Letters from a Rainy Day and I loved every second. There aren't that many yuri VNs as indulgently romantic so I didn't expect that this would end up being such a fantastic treat to play. The sprite expression changing during certain words in the voiced lines was a nice touch and sheepD's lovely art really sells the character emotions. For a new studio they did a great job at getting my attention. Just wish there was a way to get a physical copy of the game somehow. Don't know what itch it scratched for me but I was super into the ice queen phase of the story. The relationship development was commendable throughout the whole game though. Melting the ice queen and using the blackmail angst to make a sweeter romance went down so smooth. Shiori is the gentlest of girls and it was easy to love her character, but I cheered for Mikoto's victories just as much, so the POV swapping did its job in keeping me invested in both sides. Every time Shiori experienced something new I was dying to see how Mikoto felt about it and vice versa, especially around the heartbreaking arc. I had no idea there was going to be a sequel too, I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>3515149
you can play spelunky and set yourself up to be a girl rescuing girls i guess
>>
File: 1606414097384.jpg (130 KB, 621x592)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>3516224
>plying spelunky on a phone
>>
File: 20210811183316_1.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
I beat Distant Memorajo today. It ties up a lot of the loose ends from Kotonoha Amrilato, like the reason why Kanako and Ruka got into a fight and the meaning of the angel wings in the title logo. There's two scenarios, one that picks up after Rin chooses to stay in the pink sky world and one that explains Ruka's past when she lived with Rei. My favorite part was how Mai was a reverse trap homewrecker that had relationships with two underage girls and then yeeted back to her home world, leaving broken hearts in her wake. That also explained Rei's Miss A/Miss B story from the first game.
>>
>>3516490
>Mai was a reverse trap homewrecker that had relationships with two underage girls
Living the dream.
>>
>>3516502
She literally give both of them PTSD by leaving. Kanako becomes incredibly distrustful of visitors, and Rei wears funeral clothes on the anniversary of when Mai went through the gate to mourn the loss of their sexual relationship. The game makes it pretty obvious that Rei and Mai were lovers.
>>
>>3516505
Well, that's not so good. Did Mai even return?
>>
File: 20210809185239_1.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>3516508
Nope, and there's no evidence that people who use the gate even return to their worlds instead of being turned into hamburger or something, but Rei picked up where Mai left off and adopted an eight-year-old reverse trap of her own so Mai's legacy lives on.
>>
>>3516224
the girl with the yellow hat is hot
>>
Axiom Verge 2 stars a female scientist who gets a Mesopotamian goddess stuck in her head, almost certainly isn't going to be yuri but I can't complain so far.
>>
>>3516570
>a mesopotamian goddess
Which one?
>>
>>3516522
>adopted
Eh, if it isn't a sexual relationship it's not the same.

>>3516622
In b4 the one from Ghostbusters.
>>
>>3516622
Amashilama, the divine leech
>>
>>3516677
Well I’m glad there’s a character I can identify with.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with running Yumeutsutsu Re:Master on linux using steam and proton? There's no reviews listed for the game on protondb, and when I try to launch it in steam with both the latest proton release and the experimental release nothing happens. Trying to open a terminal and running the executable with wine has the same result where the game just never starts. I can get other games like Flowers and SeaBed to work perfectly fine with wine, so I don't think it's a problem with my libraries.
>>
>>3516960
Launch Steam from the command line, try to run it and read what error it throws you.
>>
>>3516960
You could try protontricks to see if that helps.
https://github.com/Matoking/protontricks
>>
>>3516960
If I remember correctly I played it with Proton 4.11-13 without a problem, 6 can't run a few VNs that 4 had no problems with.
Maybe I had to install quartz. Aside from that >>3516965 or use "PROTON_LOG=1 %command%" as launch
option to get a log in your home (easier to browse through than a terminal)
>>
Boyfriend Dungeon is out. One female option, the second one in a future DLC.
>>
>>3517047
I ain't playing something called "Boyfriend Dungeon"
>>
Do you guys know of any good yuri games that feature harsh femdom, degradation and humiliation? Ryona and other extreme fetishes are acceptable.
>>
>>3517071
Would you play something called Boyfriend (female) Dungeon?
>>
>>3517077
yes, please make it
>>
>>3517074
>good
well there's your problem
>>
>>3517071
Back in my day we’d play our boyfriend dungeons with our one single yuri option and we’d be happy
>>
>>3517132
Just any game at all man, I'm starved for content.
>>
>>3516979
>If I remember correctly I played it with Proton 4.11-13 without a problem, 6 can't run a few VNs that 4 had no problems with.
Thanks, I did that and it works perfectly fine now. I'll have to remember that for the future. I added a note in protondb for the game that it runs with Proton 4.11.
>>
>>3517139
Yuukuri Panic Escalation
>>
>>3517152
What the fuck, that has nothing to do with Touhous filled with bean paste. I feel cheated.
>>
Casualfag here: is Seven Days with the Ghost any good? Looking to dive into a different medium than manga and this VN caught my eye.
>>
>>3517180
Play Kindred Spirits instead
>>
>>3517198
Is it that bad?
>>
>>3517074
There were two releases lately that both involved a lot of heavy BDSM stuff but they were both apparently terrible and one caused a huge surge of rage and review-bombing
>>
>>3517180
Funny you mentioned it, because I just finished it yesterday. It's pretty mediocre, the pacing is erratic, and plot points and characters are rushed or don't get expanded upon, and there's one futa scene. Anna Amishiro is awesome though, carries the game by herself.
>>
>>3517370
>spoiler
Fucking dropped.
>>
>>3517446
i still haven't played it but what I heard from previous spoilers is that there's no penetration or anything it's just that a futa exists though i could be wrong. i don't really care, i'll get around to it eventually.
>>
File: capsule_616x353.jpg (72 KB, 616x353)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
any info about black book, a game that was recently released on steam ? the game's description in my language says the heroine strives to go back to her "fiancee", is it confirmed /u/ or was it just a mistranslation ?
>>
>>3517450
It's het. Your language is just shit,
>>
>>3517451
Kek
>>
>>3517447
>>3517446
There is a futa scene involving Anna, but she is apparently such a great S that she makes the futa character cum without touching them. If you look up the CG it looks like she is touching them, but the text says that she never actually does. So, depends on your standards.
>>
>>3517450
Her fiancée is a guy...
>>
>>3517370
>>3517447
Okay explain the futa does it have anything to do with the main romance? Is it a sub character? Does the MC have to do something with the futa?
Is this game Japanese or weeaboo?
>>
>>3517706
>>3517710
The MC has nothing to do with the Futa. It is a side character. The game is free in Japanese. Look at the other post.
>>
>>3517712
>free in japan
>but here its $10
This irks me...
>>
>>3517710
The futa scene is basically them summoning a succubus and the succubus assume they're straight and conjures up a magical dong. Then she eats shit and gets beaten up for assuming they're straight and never tries to grow one again. She's seen a normal female after that one scene.
>>
>>3517716
had to pay the translators?
>>
>>3517719
Sounds pretty excusable, guess it's played for laughs then if no sexy stuff even happens with the futa
>>
Seven days with th ghost is no masterpiece but its not a bad time
>>
>>3517776
Depends on how much you like S&M.
>>
>>3517778
I feel like if the answer isn’t “a lot,” you need your head examined.
>>
File: 1601545724973.png (1.15 MB, 1366x768)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
A female player character can get married to one of your idols in Idol Manager. It feels good I was able to get achieve it on my first attempt.
>>
>>3517451
as expected
is it so hard for translators to do their job ffs
>>
>>3512241
Saw it on igg, any good?
>>
>>3518015
Did they ever resolve the stuff with removing a bunch of content I heard about?
>>
>>3518015
>>3518117
Yeah I'm not interested til they patch that shit back in.
>>
>>3518129
>I will only play a game with 100+ hours of gameplay which was never intended to be 18+ if it contains a single undetailed black silhouette image that was considered to be sexually suggestive
>>
>>3518117
There's a patch available on itch for the missing scenes afaik
>>
>>3518142
Yes.
>>
File: VC8BF23.png (771 KB, 1282x752)
771 KB
771 KB PNG
>>3518142
>single undetailed black silhouette image that was considered to be sexually suggestive
>>
>>3518065
is it so hard for you to learn japanese and read it yourself ffs
>>
>>3518152
Doesn't look sexually suggestive.
>>
>>3518152
Well shit, time to pick it up again. Where can I find this patch? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
>>
>>3518187
nevermind, you can find it here https://bicky-desu.itch.io/imup
>>
>>3518154
They're not talking about a Japanese game
>>
>>3518163
I do that all the time with my girl friends. Just gals being pals.
>>
>>3518152
It's suggesting something, alright.
>>
>>3518210
What do you mean?
>>
>>3518200
Please understand, it’s too difficult for anon to learn English and read the conversation herself.
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8848/Ningbings_Touhou_Yuri_Collection/

Should I buy this?
>>
>>3518142
It’s more that if I’m going to play a game I’d rather play the whole thing as it was intended the first go through instead of having random shit cut out
>>
I'm failing to sufficiently follow The Drama. What are people getting worked up about Boyfriend Dungeon being problematic over?
>>
>>3518899
You mean besides the name?
>>
>>3518899
?

Don't see anything in this thread.
>>
>>3518776
Even if 'the random shit' was modded back in?

Speaking of Idol Manager, I'm making events that are more or less 'and then she had sex with other girls'. So far I have 'licked under the table during a hand-shake event', 'bumped into a bunch of women, they drag her into a love hotel' and 'bumped into a woman, she drags her into an alley'.
What else should I have them do?
>>
>>3518903
If it were in this thread I wouldn't be so baffled. No, I kept seeing references on twitter to people getting mortally offended by how problematic it was, and then other people screaming about how "you just hate it because it's queer". I think I've figured out what the issue is though and it's not related to the limited /u/ content.
>>
>>3518899
The only possible yuri drama that I can think of is making the female LI being a bislut a major part of her path.
>>
>>3518198
Great to see that there is an uncensor patch now.

Now, what is the progress like on all gay idols mods?
>>
>>3518905
Are these all for the idols, or the manager?

I haven't looked into the game yet, how robust are the modding tools? Could you i.e. make a hatesex event that could trigger between two idols if they dislike each other, or comfy FWB between two idols that like eachother but are not romantically involved, and have them namefill and the like? Or are the scene triggers more rudimentary?
>>
>bought a new iPad
Can anyone recommend me anything /u/ related on iOS?
>>
>>3518929
All for the idols.

>hatesex event
>comfy FWB between not-lovers
I haven't checked yet. I know the game tracks whether a girl is friends with another and when a girl (or a clique) bullies another, so I think it's possible.
>>
>>3518931
Cool do the events have images too? If yes you could get some drawanon involved and add CGs too, who knows you might even end up doing your own game after this. wistful thinking, I know
>>
>>3518748
Are they avaiable in English? Last time I checked them out that wasn't the case
>>
>>3518931
Interesting, I might look into modding it too then.
>>
>>3518930
Love Live
>>
File: Pure praying.png (111 KB, 316x369)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
Obligatory "Thank you based Saintbomber"
>>
>>3518152
/r/ the full CG set, please.
>>
File: Oh yes.png (444 KB, 1278x720)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
>>3518939
>Cool do the events have images too?
>>
>>3518958
Download it yourself >>3518198
>>
>>3518965
A shitty Koikatsu scene? Why would anyone want this?
>>
>>3519022
Because it's the best I can do.
>>
>>3519048
Text-only would already be an improvement.
>>
>>3519053
You can do that too. It doesn't need an image.
>>
>>3519022
>how dare anyone go out of their way to try and make free yuri content for me that I don't even have to use
>>
>>3519055
>how dare anyone criticize things
You can do whatever you want, just like anyone can tell you that whatever you're doing is shit.
>>
Is My Time at Portia any good gameplay-wise now? Saw that there was a big update and last time I looked into the game, it was a buggy mess with a lot of content missing.
>>
Just finished playing through Expression Amrilato. Very nice and comfy. A bit somber at times. World building really piqued my interest.
Really enjoyed hooking up with a 14 yo.

Anyone mind sharing what happens in all the different endings? Not much of a multiple playthrough gamer myself.
>>
>>3519084
Rin stays and feels kinda bittersweet about losing her family
Rin leaves and is pretty devestated about losing Ruka
Rin and Ruka go through the portal together and find each other on the other side, revealing that they're from the same world

The sequel cements the first ending and elaborates on the backstory
>>
>>3519066
Go gatekeep somewhere else.
>>
>>3519204
Learn what words mean before using them.
>>
>>3518930
Britney??
>>
>>3519066
There's criticism, and then there's being an asshole.
>>
>>3512241
Is this Japanese or is it weeaboo, the artwork is so good that I cannot tell the difference. Usually weeaboo games tend to have tumblr cancer artwork.
>>
>>3519571
get over yourself, 'tumblr cancer' doesn't mean anything specific unless you mean red noses and very few VNs look like that. or do you mean the brief trend for everyone to make games with hideous masculine angular characters? because that's an entirely different kind of cancer, which as far as I know is over now. your insults are more meaningful when we can tell what you mean.

plenty of weeb games hire asian artists anyway

as for your question, yes it's a western dev. their last game was dumb fanservice comedy with penis-fish and phallic tentacles on top of the yuri so I don't have the highest hopes. It'll be short and gay and smutty and not very serious. The sample CGs have a very slightly more western-cartoon feel to their shading IMO but not enough to be a big problem.
>>
I'm having a problem with Idol Manager and the NSFW patch.
Basically I went for the rival ending, did both the fake and the real sex scene but the CG doesn't show in the gallery for some reason. I did that scene like 3 or 4 times and nothing. Got any ideas?
Also, a bit disappointing that you can't make the rival into your gf unless you hire her as an idol and do the romance route.
>>
>>3519571
>the artwork is so good that I cannot tell the difference

Why do blind people insist on making art comments?
>>
i'm sure this has been asked before, but where's the /u in Genshin Impact?
>>
>>3519802
If that's the only CG that doesn't appear, then it might be a bug. If all H CGs don't appear, they were actually removed and the patch isn't official.
>>
>>3519912
Some subtext. It's mostly there because it's really popular so even though it only has a bit of subtext to offer it gets a bunch of yuri fanart.
>>
>>3519914
The patch is not official, but it restores the removed NSFW content. After the rival route I went for the wedding route which unlocked a few more lewd scenes and they don't show up in the gallery, so I guess it's normal.
>>
File: download.jpg (159 KB, 1510x650)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
I'm so retarded for just realizing A Little Lily Princess was based off the novel/anime Princess Sarah
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>3519956
>Lottie's route was not romantic
I'm still mad.
>>
>>3519956
Bully and maid routes were the best.
>>
File: lottie.jpg (7 KB, 222x227)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>3519966
your prom date is a four-year-old
>>
File: Yes, perfect.png (10 KB, 327x173)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>3520003
>>
>>3519970
I loved the maid route. Still haven't done the bully yet because she's so mean at the start, and not in the good way, so its hard to justify pursuing that route.
>>
>>3519912
There is only some subtext. It just gets yuri fanart because it is immensely popular, and Honkai Impact (there other game) has actual yuri relationships probably.
>>
File: 1621151649198.jpg (343 KB, 1024x1459)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>3519956
It's even more obvious if you read the book its based off.
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>3519970
Becky is best girl.
>>
>>3519956
>>3520003
>>
File: sarah 21.jpg (58 KB, 280x640)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>3520746
>>
Hey. /vr/ user here. I want to know if there's any Yuri game for retro consoles?
>>
>>3520749
There's an Utena game for the Sega saturn
>>
>>3520749
Going by the definiton of retro used on /vr/:
Eternal Filena (SNES)
Saga Frontier (PS1) - got a remaster recently
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 & 2 (GBA)
Rule of Rose (PS2)
GrimGrimoire (PS2)
>>
>>3520749
does Eternal Filena count?
>>
>>3520749
Lunatic Fantasy (Sharp X6800)
>>
File: 1596755660815.jpg (238 KB, 968x969)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/08/blue-reflection-second-light-details-mio-hirahara-requests-dates-talents-and-fragments
>You will also be able to go on dates. The closer you become, the more conversations you will have on the move—and you can eventually even hold hands.
>>
>>3520780
And this lewdness will be allowed on consoles?
>>
File: BLUE_REFLECTION_TIE.webm (2.19 MB, 1280x720)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB WEBM
>>3520780
I wonder if that includes Hirori and Hinako. Poor Ruka/Shihori
>>
>>3520780
So only the MC can go on dates? Meh.
>>
>>3520780
>So guys, here's the plan: we want to revive the Blue Reflection series, and this time we'll actually grab the yuri audience for sure!
>Now, we acknowledge that we may have messed up a tiny little bit with the first game, you know, not being yuri at all and having the girls be concerned about boyfriends instead; it was an honest mistake, but we learnt from it!
>First of all, we'll finance a two-cour anime series. It won't 'actually' be yuri, mind you, but it will establish a number of intimate pairings the yuri fans are sure to become invested in.
>And then in the new game... wait for it... they will be able to NTR them all!!
>Bravo!
>Approved!!
>I'm making the calls right now!
I'd have loved to attend the planning meetings for this.
>>
>>3520973
As an NTRfriend, I'm delighted by this development.
>>
File: Yes - NekoArc Babbles.gif (1.4 MB, 500x510)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB GIF
>>3520973
>set up yuri couples in the anime
>NTR them all in the game with another girl, the MC
>>
>>3520749
Night Slave for PC-98
>>
>>3520973
The biggest mystery about Blue Reflection for me is that Kishida actually stated outright in an interview that Blue Reflection was a game "by men for men".

Like, I just look at the game and I don't see it. Was there a rogue yuri agent working on this that convinced them this was the kind of content men are into? Or did they not care about the story and leave it to someone else while they sat in their fetish circle to figure out ways to get their fetishes into the game and assumed that was enough to attract their audience?
>>
>>3521315
>an interview that Blue Reflection was a game "by men for men"
Got a source for it? in jp.
>>
>>3521315
I mean, if you make a game about a bunch of girls for men, boyfriend worries should be the minority in there. It's okay to be there, you know, everyone is different and it'd be weird if literally NO girl of a lot of girls care about that, but it should just be in there representing it exists.
The rest should be about the relationships between the girls. More boy worries is shoujo (aka aimed at straight girls)

People learned that this is popular a long time ago, with all kinds of magical girl shows for adult males. It's no rocket science. The only question is still, how much actual yuri would work as well. At least on a bigger level. There are already popular enough works that they get an anime (aimed at males), but games are still a little different perhaps. And even then. If you really wanted, you can still argue Adachi and Shimamura for example isn't yuri. I dunno what kind of metal gymnastics you'd need to do to explain Adachi, but one-sided stuff has been around for ages. And.. it feels fairly one sided. You can now speculate about a possible s2, and if it doesn't come maybe even explain it like this.

But, it's slowly growing, people get more experimental. That's a good thing.
>>
>>3521318
The actual source for that specific quote was a private interview with QooApp at the Singapore Comic Convention, so I don't think the actual interview is available anywhere and there's only the article:

https://news.qoo-app.com/en/post/18043

Well, I can't exactly read Japanese though, so maybe if you search up Kishida and Blue Reflection and look for Japanese sources, you might find similar things shared elsewhere.
>>
I found a yuri SRPG game inspired by Super Robot Wars
https://twitter.com/i/status/1425456582809194507
>>
>>3521319
>And even then. If you really wanted, you can still argue Adachi and Shimamura for example isn't yuri. I dunno what kind of metal gymnastics you'd need to do to explain Adachi, but one-sided stuff has been around for ages. And.. it feels fairly one sided. You can now speculate about a possible s2, and if it doesn't come maybe even explain it like this
You're talking about anime only, right? The only way one could possibly make such an argument would be if they have never read the LN or didn't purchase the BDs that contain major spoilers for those who haven't read them, so basically just a casual watcher who doesn't bring money to the series. I would hardly argue that such people are the target audience.
>>
>>3521322
>yuri SRPG game inspired by Super Robot Wars
Not gachi yuri, but I recommend this instead:

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Gensou_Shoujo_Taisen

Full playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxQu7qkxTU&list=PL655cXpfKYO29hNDu8kp6BCEd08yOVIp4&index=1

It's Touhou so the entire cast is cute girls only, and it's a perfect alternate introduction to the series if you can't stand shooters, since it rethreads the storyline of the games.
It was originally released as 4 separate chapters, but then they were bundled into the "Complete Box" edition with several improvements, so I recommend playing that one.

For non-japanese speakers, the first 3 of the original chapters have an english patch, but the fourth one only has an UI translation; the translation team will supposedly patch the Complete Box version in the future, but it may be a long time until then since they're waiting for the game to reach its final version.
But there is a complete english Let's Play of all the 4 original chapters with full transcription of the dialogues, so you could follow along those while playing:

https://lparchive.org/title/fantasy%20maiden%20wars
>>
>>3521329
Nice!
>>
>Why did we pitch the tent on the pavement?
>She fell asleep as soon as we got in, nice "date".
>My feet hurt.
>>
If Blue Reflection doesn't do well I fear Nights of Azure 3 will never be made.
>>
>>3521324
Well I was talking about anime adaptions, as that is proof that the work has enough demand that people make such a thing. Costs a lot, requires quite a few companies to work together.

LN is a very different thing, as those aren't very expensive to release, just like Manga. With anime, a lot of things have to be considered. I don't know if the one-sided nature of things lead to them adapting Adachi and Shimamura for 1 season, but it is a possibility looking at the market. There's just so much gay anime out there, that just don't go past strong subtext or one-sided stuff, it's hard to say.
Mind you, all of this is considering anime aimed at men. More broad stuff like Citrus (at its heart a shoujo romance, with its tropes and such) also exist. As rare as it is.
>>
>>3521361
I don't think you have a clear idea of why anime adaptions exist or what the "market" actually is. The main reasons why they would decide to make an anime adaption is to promote the source material(LNs and the ongoing manga in this case) and to sell BDs. In this case not only the source material is explicitly yuri, the BDs are very obviously made for fans of the series because they contain extra stories where it's shown that they're dating, they live together and there's even an episode where they visit a hot spring to have sex. If they wanted to keep things ambiguous to bait "male" anime fans they would have never allowed those extra books to be included in the BDs.
The anime adaption happened most likely because the success of YagaKimi convinced people at Dengeki that among their readership there's a market for yuri as well, so they decided to greenlight another manga adaption (the one drawn by Moke) and to promote the series with an anime, not because it was "safe enough". Speaking of YagaKimi, do you also think that they choose to adapt that one because of some sort of "one-sided" nature of feelings? Keep in mind that's also published on a shounen magazine, same magazine as AdaShima(the manga) and same editor for the LNs to be precise.
>>
>>3521315
When he said "men", lesbians were included. Blue Reflection is by men for men and lesbians.
>>
File: Pick one.png (82 KB, 307x245)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>3521440
>men
>lesbians
>>
>>3521350
I really don't want to have them conclude the hanging plot threads until they bring back Miwa Shoda as the scenario writer.
>>
Has there been any news on a release date for the art update for Eldritch Academy? Not sure I want to play it yet if it's getting an update soon...
>>
The new Negligee game is out
>>
>>3521518
He was still slowly working on it as of the middle of last month and worrying that byt the time it would finally be done no one would care. No date announced.
>>
Anything gay on the switch that's good?
>>
>>3521315
It's made by men and the target audience is men, what are you not getting? Don't expect any good female characters, enjoy the fanservice and shut up
>>
>>3521440
>When he said "men", lesbians were included
Drugs or stupid?
>>
>>3521440
>Blue Reflection is by men for men and lesbians.
This is correct, lesbian gamers are just such a small demographic in Japan there's no point in specifically mentioning them
>>
>>3521315
>Blue Reflection was a game "by men for men".
>"So, you beat Wizardry 4 huh, but are you MAN enough to play this hardcore JRPG about girls' issues?"
>>
>Blue Reflection is by men for men
Thats a cool way to said 'We made a bad game' tbqh
>>
>>3521553
I can’t think of anything super gay besides the obvious answer which is Fire Emblem 3 Houses.
>>
>>3521553
Fire Emblem Three Houses, Mary Skelter 2, a bunch of Atelier games and VNs like the Nurse Love games, Yumeutsutsu, SeaBed (has exclusive scenes not present on PC), Fatal Twelve (same) and some more, including Kanda Alice which is exclusive but only out in Japan as of now.
>>
>>3521558
Or maybe they weren't mentioned because lesbians weren't a target audience? Requires less stretching.
>>
>>3521315
>a game "by men for men"
That's a redundant statement, they're not exactly an otoge dev.
>>
>>3521315
Kishida isn't a writer or director, though is he?
Also a simple search shows that the director was a woman so no idea what he's on.
>>
>>3521343
Is this the revival of the "fucking in tents" joke?
>>
>>3521560
Wizardry is for nerds, not men.
>>
>>3520973
To be fair, the entirety of the Blue Reflection anime so far can be seen as NTR with Shino as the corrupter and Mio being her victim.
>>
>>3521451
>>3521557
fuck off
>>3521558
This.
>>
>>3521556
>>3521560
>>3521585
>>3521632
>>3521652
>>3521562
What the fuck are your problems?? This is why /u/ get such a bad rep
>>
>>3521350
Why would I want more in a shit series that's getting less and less yuri
>>
>>3521745
I want to see what they can make when not held back by a shoestring budget
still more yuri than Blue Reflection too
>>
>>3521746
That's fair but half assed real time combat needs to go.
>>
>>3521744
Obviously can’t speak for everyone, /u/ isn’t a hivemind, but I get the feeling most /u/sers don’t really care what the het boards think of them.
>>
>>3521743
Nice samefagging.
>>
>>3521744
>the irony
>>
>>3521814
>most /u/sers don’t really care what the het boards think of them
This. I don't even care what others on /u/ think about me, other boards - even less so.
>>
>>3521744
Who cares about other boards? Fuck off crossboarder.
>>
Sounds like a loaded question but it isn't
Anybody kind of wish for yuri to be a little bit more mainstream? Or at the very least be treated with a little more respect? I feel like yuri has only recently been getting recognized and stuff, and even then most mainstream manga and shows only have "yuri" in them. They only dance close to the fire but never fully capitalize on it, only the slightest hints are there so that they can say that it's "there" so that they get pull from the yuri audience. Most full on yuri stuff is relegated to niche manga, granted it's there and I appreciate it and am grateful it's there, but sometimes I wish it were more. I want yuri to spread it's wings and fly as it were. I also feel like people only view yuri as just another avenue for fanservice and stuff to male fans as well, rather than as it's own thing. I love the tropes and themes of yuri fiction and how romantic it is, stories about love against all things, stories about couples who love each other no matter what and brave whatever society throws at them to be together, people who aren't afraid to challenge the status quo to be in love with each other. That kind of stuff are what the greatest love stories are made out of, but instead of recognizing this, it's still shunned and smothered which bums me out. There also exists this weird pushback against yuri, which is something that I don't understand. I just want yuri to be given more of a chance, and more opportunities at a chance.
>>
>>3521887
>They only dance close to the fire but never fully capitalize on it, only the slightest hints are there so that they can say that it's "there" so that they get pull from the yuri audience
>it's still shunned and smothered which bums me out. There also exists this weird pushback against yuri, which is something that I don't understand
Are you familiar with the concept of homophobia?
>>
>>3521888
Yeah, but that's only one aspect of it, or I feel like it's something more than that
If it's really just something as simple as homophobia, then it's really depressing that something as simple as that can inflict so much damage on something that I really love
>>
>>3521890
>I feel like it's something more than that
Not really. Homophobia is just that prevalent.
>>
>>3521887
The audience of people who will consume series with only yuri subtext that they can deny as they see fit if they don't like it will naturally always be bigger than the audience who would be fine with full on romance. The bigger the potential audience the higher chances it has of going mainstream. It's sad but that's life.
>>
>>3521898
Also some people get more invested in almost-there yuri (where they can imagine it being perfect IF ONLY it were real) than in actual yuri, where they start complaining about it not being everything they ever wanted.
>>
>>3521905
That's very true, but I think that's something common to any kind of shipping. Like you will find plenty of people getting deeply invested in het pairings with barely any basis when they have much more options to choose from if they wanted something canon. Shipping has its own appeal.
>>
>>3521892
Eh, it’s not just homophobia. You get more BL than you do gachi yuri. I think there’s a lot of stereotyping about the audience for these sorts of things happening in the corporate environments responsible for mass media that’s making them conclude yuri isn’t very good for business—on top of all the homophobia, of course.
>>
the fuck is this?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/712810/Fallen_Times/
>>
>>3521980
It appears to be a game.
>>
>>3521979
>You get more BL than you do gachi yuri
The BL manga scene is a lot bigger than yuri but for mainstream content this isn't true. All the popular joseimuke series are also omnipandering or subtext.
>>
>>3521980
A shitty game, as should be readily apparent?
>>
>>3521980
kek I didn't know 8/u/ /pol/tards had made a game.
Will buy, thanks. Need more military yuri gaymes.
>>
>>3521991
The yaoi post was onto something. Yuri is almost "not real" as girls have a stereotype for girls-love phases and not just Japan. Liking dudes is considered terminal.
>>
>>3521539
Let me know when the gallery has been ripped because that's all those are good for.
>>
>>3521980
Only game you ever need.
>>
>>3521980
>Windows 98 screensaver background
>/pol/ crap
>art that makes eyes bleed
My goodness, money is simply walking out of my wallet.
>>
>>3521980
it's called based
>>
>>3521980
shit
>>
>>3521980
>/pol/
Anyone unironically supporting this is a retard.
>>
File: t.png (50 KB, 184x147)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>3521980
This, apparently.
>>
>>3522133
I don't get it.
>>
>>3522142
comic sans on a bsp.
>>
>>3522144
That explains it, thank you.
>>
>>3522064
What do you mean.
>>
>>3521315
>>3521556
>"by men for men".
that just make the game even better.
>>
>there are people here right now that advocate for a lesbian ethnostate
>>
>>3522168
I don't see the harm, it would only last one generation.
>>
>>3522170
>implying the lesbian scientists wouldn't genetically modify the population so they could reproduce like whiptail lizards
>>
>>3522172
I always knew lesbians were reptilians.
>>
File: download.jpg (539 KB, 1920x1080)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>3522173
snake lesbians
snesbians
>>
File: 1607806153527.png (493 KB, 581x520)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
>create a yuri religion
>spread yuri to other civilizations
>get denounced for converting their cities
>take over the world through a series of holy wars
This was supposed to be a peaceful game of civ 6.
>>
Just played through Expression Amrilato. Rin ruined it for me, fucking terrible character. I wonder if I was supposed to read her as a caricature of Japanese mannerism and way of thinking.
Ruka was so damn cute though, dunno who her VA is but she did a sublime job. Starting the sequel right now, hopefully there's more Ruka and Rei and less Rin in that.
>>
>>3522194
There is a one event in Humankind where you can choose only women to be priests of your religion.
>>
>>3522194
>>3522202
We need to fund this IRL.
>>
>>3522168
All these horrible people advocating for a world with much less rape, murder and war
>>
>>3522209
That's what upsets them. You know /pol/ would love to see more of all of those things.
>>
File: 1366815244768.gif (471 KB, 240x180)
471 KB
471 KB GIF
>>3522209
But Lesbion's national sport is rape.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (210 KB, 1280x720)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>3522209
That's not what yuri games have taught me at all.
>>
>>3522223
Eh, she got better
>>
>>3522202
I haven't played Humankind yet, but I heard there's less tedious micromanagement for religion.
>>
>>3522170
life finds a way
>>
>>3522329
Just great, anon, you went and jinxed yuritopia. Now frog DNA is gonna start turning girls into boys.
>>
>>3522332
No, you're the one jinxing it. In Yuritopia women will reproduce through tribadism.
>>
>>3522209
>ethnostate
>without war
Maybe learn what the word means before using it.
>>
>>3522332
THEY TURN THE FRICKIN' FROGS GAY
>>
>>3522335
Clearly we need to put more fluoride in the water.
>>
>>3522335
>THEY TURN THE FRICKIN' GAYS FROG
ftfy
>>
File: cucumbers.jpg (173 KB, 800x837)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>3522335
Truth is, the frogs were gay from the start.
>>
>>3522334
>/pol/
>learning anything
>>
>>3522347
C'est la vie
>>
>>3522363
That's a kappa though
>>
>>3522223
yuri games made by ...

yeah, I think you can figure it out
>>
>>3522575
Pretty sure most of Kogado's writers including the one for Nurse Love Addiction are women.
>>
>>3522588
With pee fetishes
>>
>>3522604
And every other fetish too.
>>
>>3522199
Okay I read Distant Memorajo for a bit and I gotta ask: were they meant to be a single game in the beginning? Because now Expression feel like an incomplete product if taken singularly. I have more questions about the story but I'm still in the middle of it so I'll finish it first.
>>
New chapter of A Story Beside is out
>>
File: lesbean terror.png (100 KB, 1211x672)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
I pray every night that a lesbian terrorist game will be announced at this year's Gamescom. Don't fucking ask me why I want this so badly.
>>
>>3522729
Why do you want this so bad? I guess bad girls do get all the bitches.
>>
http://yurinavi.com/2021/08/21/watashitachino-mariage-pr-1/
>私たちマリアージュ
>Our Marriage
Looks like it could be interesting.
>>
>>3522729
There’s that music video
>>
>>3522753
恋愛だけが百合じゃない
Curious about this. It said romance is not only Yuri.
>>
>>3522840
Usually it means either heterorape or futanari or tentacles as some outcomes.
>>
>>3522840
It says that other "types" of Yuri such as sisterly affection and not just Yuri will be included in additional to the romance, whatever that means.
>>
>>3522840
Based on the director's note, I think they're trying to explore themes of "love" that aren't romance (but there's still romance in the game). So I'm guessing platonic and/or familial bonds will be a strong theme.
>>
>>3522840
An accurate translation would be something like:
>yuri (love) that isn’t just ardor (romance)
>>
>>3522729
Seek help, psycho.
>>
>>3522928
I hope that's the case and not >>3522934 because it sounds dangerously close to a disappointing waste of character interaction.
>>
>>3522948
no
>>
>>3522729
Just start an rpgmaker game and pay someone to draw the character portraits
>>
>>3522753
I'm not sure why this is supposed to be "new". Yuri that's not actually yuri is old as fucking hell. It's called subtext.
To be fair, it's strange how VNs haven't jumped on this, given how fucking huge it is with Manga and Anime.
>>
>>3523970
Because nobody give a shit about VN
>>
>>3523970
the point of VNs is generally to let you live out all your fantastic possibilities explicitly so subtext doesn't fit.

i mean, people will rage at VNs including characters at all if you can't fuck them
>>
>>3524175
>i mean, people will rage at VNs including characters at all if you can't fuck them
Say that to all the unfuckable "best friend" female characters
>>
>>3524190
Well unles their design is god tier to make up for it, secondary characters usually don't get enough screentime to make people care about them over the main romantic interest
>>
>>3524190
See, you're raging, proving my point
>>
>>3524206
Non-yuri VNs don't generally have just one romantic interest and people do complain about even very minor characters not being datable. Including, at times, your parents, if they have sprites.

Western fans are more prone to being bisexual degenerates and thus complain that even the "same sex friend" of a bishoujo/otome game should be datable.
>>
>>3524236
TOMODA!
>>
Are there any decent yuri porn sim games in a similar vein to Unholy Arts or Degrees of Lewdity?

Neither are /u/ games but let you disable all non-/u/ content (futa and basically every fetish, respectively) in the settings. I prefer the latter just because it has more custom porn stuff, UA porn 'combat' gets really tedious and doesn't have enough sub options. I've played a lot of html-based games but I haven't found anything either particularly /u/ or of similar quality - what the appeal is supposed to be of all the garbage realporn images these games use I'll never know. I would happily play one without any graphical UI over that.

Will also accept non-sim text-based porn if anons know of anything.
>>
>>3524717
Fleshcult kinda falls in the text based category. You can disable all non /u/ content and the weird ass fetished it has. I does get repetitive after a while but it got updated since I tried it.
>>
>>3524959
Looks interesting, not entirely in my wheelhouse but close enough to be worth trying. I can definitely see how it might get repetitive from the Steam page, but seems worth checking out at least.
>>
It was nice to see elf wife again. Lyric is looking more like a teenage boy as she gets older though.
>>
>>3522719
>>3525032
Wasn't this the last update, or is there still more? Lyric's design and facial features are completely different and the eyes are too small now, dislike the change a lot. Earlier lyrics looked way better.
>>
>>3525059
There is still one chapter left.
>>
>>3525059
At least Kelsi aged like a fine wine.
>>
>>3525032
What game?
>>
>>3524717
Have you tried any of the Era games? Not specially /u/ either, but I think you can disable/avoid het in most of them and gameplay-wise they can actually be pretty engaging.
>>
http://yurinavi.com/2021/07/24/kotira-hahanaruhoshiyori-2/
>>
>>3525032
How is this game? I'm always super wary of rpgmaker stuff
>>
>>3525131
You can disable most het stuff in those, how much varies from one to the next, but you can never remove every last mine from the field.
>>
>>3525135
>that font
Who thought it was a good idea?
>>
>>3525402
Is that the japanese comic sans
>>
pathfinder kingmaker is doing a free weekend starting shortly
>>
>>3525474
The sequel also comes out on the 2nd.
>>
>>3525131
Is there a good resource out there for getting into the Era games? I found the wiki but it's a little vague on some things. Like, what is the translation progress for each game? Are they all fully text-based with no graphical assets?
>>
>>3525478
Will the sexual have any same-sex female romances?
>>
>>3525579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMQuSbm65LA
>>
>>3525582
So Queen, Succubus lady and monstergirl for femMC, shame you can't romance Camellia.
>>
>>3525474
Is it still buggy/unfinished like I heard?

I never played the first on launch but I heard it was full of bug/balance issues as well.
>>
>>3525600
Meant to reply to >>3525478
>>
>>3525600
It's fine.
>>
>>3525582
>>3525599
Apparently data-miners have also found that there's an option with Nocticula, Demon Lord of darkness and lust and the first Succubus.
>>
When will Kogado release another yuri VN?
>>
>>3525654
Sometime before jast releases hiver
>>
>>3525600
It’s a lot better than the first one but I’m sure there will be bugs because it is a crpg and they’re all full of bugs on release
>>
>>3525626
Oh that sounds nice.
>>
>>3525753
I must be lucky since I have never encountered any major bugs while playing CRPGS on release. That includes Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Pillars of Eternity and Cyberpunk 2077.
>>
>>3525788
Any game whose developers aren't insane has had SOME testing before it launches. CRPGs being more complex than a lot of games have more chances for rare behaviors and interactions. Individual players are not good representations of how buggy something is. You can easily stumble across the one typo that everyone missed and think "god, did no one proofread this at all?" or easily coast through a game with no crashes because you took the more 'obvious' choices, while the perverse weirdo playing a chaotic evil halfling barbarian keeps running into problems. It doesn't necessarily mean you're lucky -

>Cyberpunk 2077

- okay never mind you are lucky.
>>
>>3525788
>>3525790
Yeah, I actually legit enjoyed cyberpunk but between the driving segments always grinding to a halt because that system was ass-backwards, the GPS not able to update fast enough to actually keep up with you on the road, and the seriously disappointing graphical fuckery going on in the last scene for the ending I got, it definitely has problems. You either didn't play it very long or didn't finish it, or you're just really lucky. Yeesh.
>>
>>3525626
Couldn’t they have given her a more generic name?
>>
>>3525797
I haven't finished it, though I do have 79.7 hours played according to Steam. The bugs I have encountered are either graphical glitches or somewhat messed up physics, nothing that hasn't caused me to laugh a bit and then move on. That being said I am not trying to downplay that these games have problems, just genuinely wondering about my luck. Maybe that is my special skill in life, being lucky in video games.
>>
>>3525801
Nah, it's alright, if you're going into it informed and you're just getting lucky, more power to you. Like I said, I liked the game, but there were a few moments where stuff like that sucked me out of it a bit. Like a bike crashing out of orbit to blow my car up or something.
>>
>>3525788
Kingmaker had some serious gamebreaking bugs and difficulty scaling issues at release but honestly it's such a fucking long game if you were playing it at a regular pace they might've been fixed before you got to them
>>
Hanako's yuri vampire raising sim is launching on the 31st. It's extremely c/u/te.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1586960/Cute_Bite/
https://hanakogames.itch.io/cute-bite
>>
Someone sell me on raising sims. I’m not very familiar with them, and what I’ve heard about games like Long Live the Queen sounds like a lot of tedium and failure for very little payoff.
>>
>>3525788
Is it even possible to play Cyberpunk without bugs? I never ran into any of the big ones but the number of collision/animation bugs I saw was uncountable.
>>
>>3525955
Where does it say that it's yuri? Only saw that it's a raising sim and that's it.
>>
>>3525131
>>3525250
What are era games?
>>
New thread needed soon, what's news?
>>
>>3525976
LLTQ isn't a normal raising sim as it's deliberately designed to have a lot of death states for black comedy value, you have only one main 'career' that you're trying to achieve (being a queen, though there are still many ending variations), and it has an actual plot going on with characters doing things on their own.

None of that is typical at all. In a standard raising sim it's extremely difficult to get a game over. Usually a raising sim is more like "you have this child and this set time period to raise it however you like" and then at the end the child grows up and gets one of many possible careers based on how you raised it.

In Princess Maker, it's _possible_ to kill your kid before she gets to be 18, but it's hard. I think you have to deliberately starve and overwork her until she gets ill and then refuse to treat her or let her rest until she finally keels over dead. Then the fairies yell at you for being a bad parent.

But most of the time if she gets into trouble she just has to come home and sleep it off. Even if she gets beaten up and raped by bandits.
>>
>>3526047
https://wiki.eragames.rip/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>3525976
>>3526051
Inherently though you have to be someone who is pleased by making numbers get bigger, or raising sims will bore you to death. The whole idea is making strategic choices to raise your stats efficiently. You need to be the kind of person who feels like you've accomplished something when you manage to get your Lesbian stat to 100.
>>
>>3526052
Thanks anon

Looks complicated
>>
>>3526046
It's mentioned on the kickstarter but it's not the main focus of the game, the romance options were bonuses.
>>
The lesbian foot fetish game comes out next week
>>
>>3526068
Disgusting.
>>
>>3526068
>all that effort on the feet
>that crotch
Well, I hope the footdykes are happy with it at least
>>
>>3526051
Are they at least girl bandits?
>>
>>3526071
We’re not.
>>
>>3526197
In Princess Maker? I think one of them is, or at least might be, but 'characters' barely exist in that game so it's mostly guesswork. They don't even have full sprites, just headshots.
>>
File: Brose.png (49 KB, 637x479)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>3526215
>>
Labyrinth of Galleria is getting a Switch port, which seems to all but confirm it will get an English release eventually. Anyone know what the /u/ situation is like? The first was basically Oops! All Dead Lesbians.
>>
>>3526218
This looks like the beginning of a Nagori Yu manga.
>>
>>3526244
I asked this once to someone who played it, he said it's there but it's rather subtle.
>>
>>3526244
It'll be present at least as the scenario writer has a soft spot for yuri/sutext because he puts it in every game he participated until now.
>>
>>3525131
The 2hu strategy game looks pretty fun. Do you have to do anything special to disable futa content or the like? I see there are options in settings to disable male character spawns, but can the 2hus randomly spawn with dicks or will they always be female?
>>
>>3526605
I think futa 2hus have to be enabled separately to begin with. The options menu is pretty good at letting you define what you want so I'd recommend going through it in its entirety before starting.
The only surprise you might get is public prostitution: last time I played the random civillians generated for it ignored your settings unless you edited the files yourself.
>>
>>3526613
Ah I see, I couldn't see anything relating to futa in the 'other settings' nor did I get any prompt for it on game creation. Looks like none of the 2hus are futa in my game though so it seems to work fine!
>>
I while ago I saw mentioned on /u/ a very old 3D action RPG where you play as a knight (male or female) and you have to rescue a princess or something, the graphics were very rudimentary, someone might know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>3526626
Shovel Knight?
>>
>>3526626
This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpDWNVJIsCo
>>
>>3526632
Yes! Thank you
>>
>>3526632
RIP Retsupurae
>>
>>3526637
I knew I'd seen it somewhere before
>>
>>3526632
>Characters all look like balloon animals
Also, the sequel (which is a direct continuation of the story) appears to remove the ability to play as a female.
>>
>>3526643
This is just what boomer yurifags had to work with.
>>
>>3526650
Honestly considering how old it is it doesn't look that bad
>>
>>3526632
>>3526650
>from the devs behind lemmings and shadow of the beast
I have no idea what to expect from this.
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1398740/The_Chrono_Jotter/

So this just launched but it's Chinese-only. It appears to be the story of a girl trying to solve her girlfriend's murder in order to bring her back from the dead. Unknown whether there will be English eventually.
>>
>>3526650
this is genx erasure
>>
File: Ecstatica Windows.png (188 KB, 640x480)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>3526626
>>3526636
Make sure you get windows version from: myabandonware.com and follow the instructions from this wiki: https://ecstatica.fandom.com/wiki/Playing_Ecstatica_on_Modern_Systems

DOS version is super low res like >>3526650
>>
>>3526794
They deserve it.
>>
>>3526827
When even the grass looks like it was made from tied balloons, I think super low res may be a positive thing.
>>
>>3526869
You ain't gonna see those satyr nipples in low res.
>>
>>3526881
Technically a Maenad innit
>>
>>3526869
You're just too young to appreciate cutting-edge 3d visuals
>>
>>3526881
I'm okay with that.

>>3526896
I'm okay with that, too.
>>
>>3526758
>It appears to be the story of a girl trying to solve her girlfriend's murder in order to bring her back from the dead.
I thought Chinese censors didn't like that type of stuff?
>>
>>3526947
There's plenty of indie yuri chinese stuff though, the censors probably just don't notice?
>>
>>3525135
Why do they all have black hair
>>
>>3527129
they're japanese?
>>
>>3527130
Stop being dense
>>
>>3527143
They stopped showering
>>
>>3525135
So it's basically just a strong subtext game.
>>
>>3526068
>WW already starting another kickstarter
>One of the lesbian CGs is another foot worship
>>
>>3527332
Kneeling before some sort of ancient egyptian queen is more appealing than "Look, feet!" to me at least except I don't find that artist's style that great in general
>>
new: >>3527387

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.