[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 95 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ulit-2021-07.jpg (85 KB, 496x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/-related /lit/ works!

Previous Thread: >>3499745

------
>Downloads:

ulit Archives 2020 torrent (10,058 books with release dates up till December 2020):
http://mgnet.me/.ulit2020
https://www98.zippyshare.com/v/2cHoRQTU/file.html

------
>How to find books:

Mobilism Search for Lesbian, FF, LGBT, and GLBT keywords:
https://forum.mobilism.org/search.php?keywords=Lesbian+FF+LGBT+GLBT&terms=any&author=&fid%5B%5D=376&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0

Custom Google Search:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=001639227550064093264:dznewka3cca

Downloading from #bookz on IRC:
https://imgur.com/a/AXp2bYW
https://pastebin.com/pwAudzs6

ZLibrary (Bookzz / B-OK):
https://1lib.sk/
https://b-ok.org/
https://b-ok.cc/
https://1lib.eu/
https://ar1lib.org/

Library Genesis:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
https://libgen.lc/foreignfiction/

------
Outdated recommendations document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18e71t0H7v6olXdY9Ig0giUjnhSt1zltLcLSpj3SxRaI/
>>
File: MyFirstUNovel.png (302 KB, 1309x726)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
New to /u/lit? Here's a small chart to get you started.

Collection download:
https://www114.zippyshare.com/v/vDm0TnLm/file.html
>>
File: Sorting_u_Two.png (1.5 MB, 2801x7901)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
Oversized Chart

For the most up-to-date version, visit:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nx3GtKvTA4GF1oIisnP38xwbYUGcRnB4/view
>>
File: yuri_fantasy.png (2.36 MB, 1316x1948)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
Top /u/ fantasy list

Collection download:
https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/iJuJCKsA/file.html
>>
>>3524675
*Kyoshi requires knowledge of Avatar

Jasmine Throne added to the download.
>>
anything with southern sorority girls
>>
>>3524676
>*Kyoshi requires knowledge of Avatar
Does it really?
>>
>>3524813
Yes.
>>
Morgan Cole - Children of Jade / Chrysathamere 3
Presumably the final book of the trilogy. Kinda slipped off my radar for a bit. I'm not sure how to summarize it, though ...

>Children of Jade blends the ferocious twists of Game of Thrones at its best with a Last of Us-style saga of bitter revenge.

... but a billion alarm bells should be ringing.

So effectively the series worked at setting up this "twins on different sides of a conflict" conundrum; with the brother being with the usurper emperor (and his sister) and the sister (of the twin brother, not the emperor, who is only brother to his own sister, obviously) on side with the rebels, who have a series of grievances with the usurper (even beyond the usurpation per se).

Now at the beginning it's sorta uncharted territory where everyone isn't quite sure whether they can't work something out and find a way to compromise. It's not like any of those involved is supposed to be irredeemably evil, and everyone knows a civil war will be awful - plus neither side is sure they can win. That tension is quite nice, and through events up to about 50% of the novel effectively lines are drawn. It's a bit melodramatic, but it's fine. It's serious business. Stuff happens, and there's no turning back then.

Then the rest of the book is about chickening out of the conflict and having the characters mope about until thank fucking god it's finally over. So, naw, I didn't enjoy that very much at all, and the further it got towards the end the more I hated it.

Interestingly this is apparently an alternative end that got published. Makes me wonder whether the original would have been more to my taste, but it'd have meant re-writing half the book, so, Doubt.
>>
>>3524886
>but it'd have meant re-writing half the book

> 150-page-long alternate ending
Okay, maybe I should have taken 30 seconds to double check that before posting. So, yeah, could be worth checking out because 150 pages covers a lot of the part I hated.

I'll use this space to add some details: leaving aside my fundamental dissatisfaction with the plot direction from roughly 50% onwards, there also isn't very much /u/, there's a quite strong repetitive nature in certain aspects; the one "good" battle they have is kinda ruined by an almost-comic like end to it (and then being repetitive again), and then it does some of those things I really hate when reading a series like this (like "the bad guy" somehow getting away again and again and again and again for no real reason...).
>>
>>3524886
>Game of Thrones at its best
What does that phrase mean in the context of GoT being garbage all over the place?
>>
>>3524895
I don't know. The twins don't fuck and the series actually got finished.

At this point I feel that every fantasy series just throws out it's like Game of Thrones in the hopes that it somehow convinces somebody of something.
>>
>>3524895
"Like GoT" to me at least, means a heavy focus on power plays, competing schemes, conspiracies, plans within plans, and lots of sex and violence, with some magic here and there. It's a political thriller set within a low-fantasy universe.

Does anyone know of any decent stories involving interracial couples? East meets West preferred, with the focus of the romance being the various cultural differences between them and how they navigate them. I don't mind if historical, contemporary, sci-fi, or fantasy.
>>
>>3524813
no it doesn't, we've been through this the last 3 threads, enough
>>
>>3524895
I think it could be a reference to the first season being basically a super loyal adaptation to the first book...then anything after it just went to shit.
>>
>>3524886
>>Children of Jade blends the ferocious twists of Game of Thrones at its best with a Last of Us-style saga of bitter revenge.

>Blending shit with even more shit.
>>
>>3525099
>I think it could be a reference
Presumably the blurb refers to the twists, as it literally says. I'd assume it means scenes like the Red Wedding - there's a scene here with the heroine and her party getting betrayed during a parlay.

Amusingly the author has actually a reference to GoT season 8 and how crap it is on their homepage as well.
>>
>>3525438
You can tell they're a pleb when they think GoT went to shit only in season 8 and not way, way sooner.
>>
the headmistress is a peak example of what i meant by authors not using contractions
“Okay, okay, I will stop teasing you, but we are not done with this conversation, not by a long shot. Something clearly happened in New York.”
is just super distracting to read because it comes off as incredibly stilted
>>
>>3525560
i really wish this function was more fleshed out honestly
>>
At this point the thread must be the premier collection of people with the weirdest hang-ups on the entire internet ...
>>
>>3525576
I just don't want to read hetshit on my fiction f/f dude and get my head bitten off non stop on this thread but its ok for the autist that hates first person narrative to cry about it 24/7...
>>
>>3525561
Name of the app?
>>
>>3525651
Looks like Moon+ Reader Pro. It's very good.
>>
>>3525665
Moon reader is pretty good, i use a prestoric version of it, from back when it was free, in an ancient tablet and the free one on my more modern tablet, even when it has adds its pretty cool.
>>
>>3525617
I think they mean the first person autists
>>
>>3525765
Would you please stop using autism as an insult
>>
>>3526069
Ok, I think they meant the first person retards
>>
>>3526069
Shut up, autist.
>>
>>3525737
Go to mobilism and download the pro version. I use it and it works just fine.
>>
Summer winds by Andrews Austin. A pleasant age gap romance. A ranch owner hires friend's daughter as a ranch hand for the summer. Minor drama, some slight, tasty angst, overall it was a very light read and I had a good time with it.
>>
>>3526304
Tell me their age.
>>
>Back to the Start by Monica McCallan
>use Moon+ Reader to remove all the "the brunette" and "the blonde"
Nice. Jeez, that thing was driving me crazy.
>>
more /his/ than /lit/ but does anyone have the screencap about the story of the one girl who pulled a mulan and joined the military then ended up secretly marying a woman then they got caught and the judge ended up allowing the marriage becuase it was a 'pure form of love'?
>>
>>3526320
A review on the amazon page says they're 43 and 28.
>>
>>3525617
>>3525765
>>3525576
Nobody has even complained about first person yet, autists.
Also there is nothing wrong with disliking first person, it's the same as disliking certain food or certain color.
>>
>>3526568
>Nobody has even complained about first person yet
First time ITTs?
>>
>>3526568
First person autist detected
>>
>>3526368
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulrika_Eleonora_St%C3%A5lhammar

Don't know about a screencap, but this is her wikipedia page.
>>
First person stories are trash. Anon can't admit this because they write their shitty self-insert fantasies in first person too and take criticism personally
>>
take meds, anti-1st person-kun..
>>
>>3526568
i read that as people of colour :(
kate kane is first person and ulit hivemind likes her? right? we like potato chips....
>>
>>3526561
No, thanks. LMAO, that's my mom's age.
>>
>>3526653
>mentioning your mom on /u/
When will you learn, newfriends? Unless you knew and did it on purpose.
>>
>>3526653
Underage leave.
>>
>>3526653
Your mom told me she was 30 last night wtf??
>>
>>3526665
Well she had to look like it for you to believe it sis, right?
>>
Why are so many authors obsessed with Hollywood/showbiz settings? I hate those. Anything to do with that fake, degenerate world makes me sick.
>>
>>3526589
In THIS thread at the time of the post, ESL-kun
>>3526653
>Mom in her 40's
So what, you're still in highschool?
>>3526640
This is definitely the reason. I read stories because I like the characters and events, meanwhile there is a very real (and sad) group of people who just want to pretend they're some hopeless, misunderstood broad in a romcom.
>>
>the First Person Autist is also the ESL-schizo
Woah.
>>
>>3526776
Women love Hollywood and celebrity culture. They look at high status people as role models to imitate.
>>
>>3526805
Call people ESL is very common on 4chin, maybe you should lurk another six months before posting
>>
>>3526810
You must be new on this particular board, so I think I'll let your retard post slide just this once.
>>
>>3526815
>retard
*retarded
>>
>>3526815
You clearly came here after 2015 with the Korra crowd, but sure, keep pretending everyone else is as new as you.
>>
>>3526821
That's a very specific projection you chose to go with. Just letting you know that you're telling on yourself pretty hard with that one.

But you already confirmed you're the same schizo, so whatever.
>>
>>3526665
She is 15. You stay away from my mom!
>>
>>3526875
So that means you're 10 at max. GR2.
>>
>>3526879
I'm a time traveler and YOUR mom.
>>
File: YURU CAMP.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
Give me books with sex in tents!

I want to read a romance that takes place outdoors. Something like a group of people getting together to explore nature, people getting trapped in a cabin because of a blizzard, romance in the middle of a trip... I'm sick of urban shit.
>>
>>3526894
Hot.
>>
>>3526835
Hit a nerve?
>>
>>3526898
>sex in a tend
Backwards to Oregon. No introduction needed I suppose.
>stuck in a cabin
I don't remember the name, something like Buried alive or Under the snow IDK, but it's about two frienemies that end up stuck in a cabin after an avalanche during a school ski trip. Not the best book in the world especially for the absolute retarded reason why help didn't get there sooner the slut of the class that slept with some rando in town told the authorities of the avalanche and nobody believed her? Are you fucking kidding me, that must be most stupid shit I've ever read. Just lazy.
>>
There was a basic bitch title I know for a fact I heard of on here, but I can't remember.
It's about a dead actress' ne'er-do-well daughter(?) who gets sent away by her alcoholic(?) father to live with a therapist dude and his family to rehabilitate her so she can graduate high school. After romantic drama ends a brief fling with the one out girl in their rural school, the therapist dude's apparently straight daughter turns out to be comphet and into the main character girl. There's a relatively happy ending.
Please help me, I want to reread it. Thank you
>>
>>3526898
intense sex...
>>
>>3526925
You when you were dropped on your head as a child? Evidently.
>>
>>3527232
Pretty sure it's Taking Flight
by Siera Maley. It has the best first kiss scene in all the books I've read.
>>
Just finished The One Who Eats Monsters. Overall pretty decent, but definitely could have done without all the ntr bait. Anyone got something similar?
>>
>>3527360
Does it have a sequel hook or major unresolved plots? Havent read it yet but it looks like the author has disappeared from the face of the earth
>>
>>3527360
>Anyone got something similar?
Until someone comes up with something closer I'll keep saying Elizabeth Watasin's Monster Stalker.
>>
>>3525560
Don't know the context of this line, but it's normal to not use contractions for emphatic effect.

>>3526640
Ulysses, The Divine Comedy, The Sound and the Fury, Moby Dick, etc. are trash? I don't get this internet anti-first-person meme it all, third person is certainly the most popular format in fiction but first-person has been widely used throughout history by the world's greatest authors. The fucking Avestan Gathas from 3,000+ years ago are in first-person.
>>
>>3527496
First Person Autist BTFO. Completely agree, except for Ulyssess.

That one really is a hot pile of shit, but not because of 1st person.
>>
Help! I just read Gideon the Ninth and now I can't stop thinking about lesbians and necromancers! What do I do?
>>
>>3527526
Read Harrow the Ninth. Though you won't be able to stop thinking about lesbians and necromancers after you've finished it either. Then you'll have to wait one more year.
>>
>>3527496
Those books aren't great because of first person, they are great in spite of it. First person is acceptable when the story justifies it or when it's an episotlary novel.
>>
>>3527496
Most of those are real books. We're talking about romance books here, and First Person is a huge red flag.
>>
Wasn't it a /u/ lit thread where someone had a brain hemorrhage about white panties or something? /u/ lit people are weird.
>>
>>3527579
>Most of those are real books
>>3527551
>Those books aren't great because of first person, they are great in spite of it.
There's no way a real person would think this way. This has to be someone RPing as a parody of a stereotypical pedantic pretentious bookworm.
>>
>>3527619
Why do you exaggerate everything, what do you hope to achieve?
>>
>>3527370
It's not a cliffhanger ending but yes it does beg for a sequel.
>>
>>3527496
Wow, you were able to name four books written in first person that have received some acclaim over the ages. That totally makes the other 9,000,000,000,000 first person novels cool too oh wait
>>
Third person is way worse than first person, though. Why do people pretend otherwise?
>>
>>3527579
>Most of those are real books
What did he mean by this?
>>
Any books where one of the protagonists look like Nicki Minaj or Taylor Swift?
>>
>>3527981
What the fuck? Just imagine that the characters of the book you're reading look like them. It's all up to you.
>>
Any books where the MC is a seventeen-year old vegan from Argentina who meets her gf in a basket weaving comptition?
>>
>>3527981
>>3528025
Yes.
>>
>>3527931
It means you probably shouldn’t compare your lesbian werewolf saga to The Divine Comedy
>>
>>3528074
>you shouldn't compare one book to another
Why not?
>>
File: jkhkjhklghjjk.jpg (68 KB, 320x462)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Thoughts?
>>
>>3528458
Didn't read it. 100% sure it's trash. Which isn't to say that some might not enjoy it, but it's not like this is going to be anything else than all the other Medrano books ...
>>
>>3528531
>Didn't read it.
>100% sure it's trash.
/u/lit summed up
>>
Any books where the MC is a teenage Afghan refugee who falls in love with the obese, diabetic daughter of the American family that adopts her? Bonus points if there's sensual insulin injection scenes.
>>
>>3528540
>>3528025
>>3527981
Are you the same person?
>>
>>3528537
Medrano is nothing if not predictable. I'll let myself convinced otherwise but unless somebody's read it I'm still willing to bet both my legs on this being true ...
>>
why is baru so praised here? the amount of arbitrarily placed commas is like reading a christopher walken monologue.
>>
>>3528676
grimderpfags
>>
>>3528676
??? It's a professionally edited novel, it has appropriate common use. What are some examples of arbitrary commas?
>>
>>3528687
Don't bother, he's probably not even reading the book and is just saying shit
>>
>>3528687
>>3528688
there are commas, every few words, even where they aren't needed, at all. it makes it a chore, to read.
>>
>>3528693
??? give an example. The novel has excellent editing and proofreading, it's you who don't understand comma usage
>>
>>3528694
>In the red autumn evening before the stars rose, her fathers took Baru down to the beach to gather kelp for ash, the ash meant for glass, the glass for telescope lenses ground flat by volcanic stone, the lenses meant for the new trade. When they came to the beach, Baru saw Masquerade merchant ships on the horizon, making a wary circuit around Halae’s Reef.
every paragraph is like reading a list
>>
>>3528700
I'm not sure how to break it to you. But that's how you use commas. Are you ESL?
>>
>>3528700
that's grammatically correct comma usage you dumb fuck
>>
>>3528701
>>3528703
i never argued if it's gramatically correct or not. his overuse of commas leads to shitty prose and it's awful to read.
>>
>>3528704
>i never argued if it's gramatically correct or not. his overuse of commas leads to shitty prose and it's awful to read.

You should learn english first before reading books that are above your level.
>>
>>3528705
i've read plenty of these >>3527579 "real novels" and i've never felt like i was reading multiple independent clauses stitched together in run-on sentences. every single paragraph is like this, it's not creative writing it's shitty prose and doesn't deserve the praise it gets.
>>
>>3528709
I don't think you have and I don't think that you know what you're talking about. As you're admitting to be the first person ESL schizo. Honestly just wish you'd leave this thread alone man. Your bait is getting boring. All you do is switch from

>Wahh first person
>Baru bad
>Waahhh first person
>Baru bad.

Over and over.
>>
>>3528709
didn't think it was possible to have taste this shit but /u/ lit surprises me yet again
>>
>>3528712
>>3528715
if you genuinely enjoy reading books that, run on and on like this, for every single paragraph, splitting small actions and descriptions into multiple clauses, then i don't know what to say, maybe pick up some real novels.
>>
>>3528715
It's really unfortunate that this is the one thread this autist is obsessed with shitposting in for some fucking reason.
>>
>>3528712
Why are you grouping two camps that don't have anything to do with one another?
You do realize First Person Autist and people who don't like baru aren't the same people, right?
>>
>>3528720
Get a fucking tripcode already so we can filter you.
>>
>>3528700
Commas aside, that really is an annoying writing style
>>
>>3528458
>>3528458
>>3528458
So...nobody read this? I'll go ahead and give it a shot on my own then
>>
>>3528700
Not a single one of these commas is out of place. I don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>3528722
Because this is 4chan, and "everyone I disagree with is the same person" mentality has always been a second nature of retards dwelling here. Welcome, newfriend.
>>
>>3529213
In this case they did admit they're the same faggot. Well at least they're one of the first person autists and is the ESL schizo.
>>
>>3529216
>In this case they did admit they're the same faggot
Nta, but as someone who hates both Baru and FPA I'd really like to see this "admission", if you could link it.
>>
>>3529230
It's literally in the same thread. Can't you read?
>>
>>3529329
So you don’t have the link then.
>>
>>3529334
It's in the thread you're in. Simply scroll up
>>
>>3529336
Where in this thread did one of the posters who doesn't like baru "admitted" being the first person autist?
>>
>>3529340
You can read the thread. It's right there
>>
>3529342
Took you long enough. (You)
>>
File: 1613678137066.jpg (70 KB, 810x779)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
I don't get this hate of first person narrative. If I were to write a story primarily focused on two female characters I think I'd rather use first person so I don't have to worry about confusing subject and object in sentences. But maybe I'm just retarded.
>>
>>3529539
No, it's another autistic hyper fixation from people who pretend to read books in here and ESLs who can barely grasp english.
>>
>>3524676
>>3524813
No it fucking doesn't, jesus fuck, read the book before making these claims.
>>
>>3529539
>so I don't have to worry about confusing subject and object in sentences.
>But maybe I'm just retarded
yes
>>
>>3529730
Projection
>>
>>3529975
See what I mean? That's not what projection means retard.
>>
File: file.png (236 KB, 600x491)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
Time for pic related
https://readsrainbow.com/2021/08/book-releases-september-2021

I found the length of this one pretty funny
>The Charm Offensive by Alison Cochrun (m/m, Indian American gay mc with depression, gay mc with generalised anxiety disorder, OCD & a panic disorder, Chinese American bi side character, lesbian side character, Black ace bi side character with anxiety, gay side character, Muslim pan side character, Black bi side character)
>>
File: 36639897.jpg (185 KB, 312x475)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>3530020
might give a try to the fantasy heist book, and the vampire one too.
also, what the hell is the difference between sapphic and f/f tag ?!

on an unrelated note, has anyone read pic related ?
>>
>>3530055
i think sapphic includes non-binary, but who the hell knows anymore
>>
>>3529976
Stay mad.
>>
>>3529730
You do realize that books come in many different languages not just English, right, numbskull? It's perfectly valid for an esl to complain about first person narratives, they come in the esl's own language too. The rules don't change just because the book's country of origin is Murrica. Crazy, huh.
>>
>>3530060
Generally sapphic includes bi female characters in with male and NB love interests. It does tend to prioritize f/f stuff but its not exclusively that. F/F is literally Female/Female.
>>
>>3529759
IT DOES. It's a prequel but it's not detailed at all. Just shut up, you damn dumb retard.
>>
>>3529342
So no link then, got it
>>
>>3530067
Amazing how the vast majority of complaints are coming from books they're reading in english right now.

Read the thread, it really helps to see that most of these ESLs are retarded and won't read books in their own language but will claim a book is grammatically incorrect or poorly written(in English) despite barely grasping english.
>>
>>3530458
>complaints are coming from books they're reading in english right now
Why would anyone come to an English board to discuss the non-English books they're reading, retard?
>>
>author decides to mention a character isn’t a virgin randomly
What does this accomplish
>>
>>3530467
>Hurr what if they're complaining about FP because they're reading in their own language
>Proven wrong by the thread
>changes the goal post

Please learn english ESL kun
>>
>>3530468
Establishing that a character definitely is not Ben Shapiro.
>>
>>3530471
Have you seen the milk trucks on his sister?
>>
>>3530469
>greentexting strawman story
>ESL! ESL!
You're a clown
>>
>>3530468
The necessary purityfag filter. Nobody wants them
>>
Baru is unreadable, the whole thing reads like a summary telling you things are happening rather than showing you a meaningful story. How can anybody read this trash.
>>
>>3530508
Learn English first and you'll see why
>>
File: commas.jpg (22 KB, 629x224)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>3530508
Please learn what commas actually are for and stop spamming the thread your latest retarded hyper fixation.
>>
>>3530509
>>3530511
You must be the editor or the author to be shilling this hard for a terribly written book. Have you ever heard of show don't tell? The author certainly hasn't.
>>
>>3530513
But that's how it's written?
>>
>>3530514
It's written like a list of events that happen around Baru which doesn't allow for her to develop as a character at all. There's zero showing in this book, just a lot of exposition and an unearned payoff.
It might be the worst attempt at fiction I've ever read.
>>
>>3530515
>It's written like a list of events that happen around Baru which doesn't allow for her to develop as a character at all
Read the book in your native language and you'd probably enjoy it more.

>There's zero showing in this book,
There's a ton of it. lmao Did you even read it?

Stopped reading there. Can you stop baiting and leave the thread? I don't know what your obsession with baiting this specific thread is but it really should stop.
>>
>>3530516
I don't know who you think I am but you keep tilting at windmills. I'm sorry I don't like your favourite fantasy series, maybe if the author knew how to actually write characters instead of boring summaries I'd have reviewed it better.
>>
>>3530518
The fact that you read the book and can only say it's a boring summary just revealed you didn't read the book or didn't know enough english to grasp it so you skimmed it. Anyway, stop baiting faggot
>>
i dont check this thread for three days and this happens :(

only book ive read in that time is the winter duke by... someone (idk ill attach the cover) overall semi interesting setting and book, but for the political intrigue nature of the novel the political intrigue feels (ironically?) shallow. the love interest is pretty undeveloped but i feel thats a problem plaguing the whole novel - for a normal length book it feels very short and underbaked. also, im at the point where i expect sex in all my books now, and there was no sex in this book. i dont remember if the book was in first person or not sorry but i think the writing style uses commas a normal people amount.
all in all, 5/10 but like an objective 5/10 not a 'the only readable books are 6/10 and up' 5/10.

baru seems rly sad i dont think i would ever read a sad book like that i could just interact with my family if i wanted to feel that sort of stuff

does anybody have any good fantasy books with sex that i havent read yet i need something to escape into
>>
File: images (61).jpg (67 KB, 450x681)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>3530603
oh, i forgot to attach the cover, here you go, i hope you enjoy
>>
>>3530603
You're too pure for this thread, anon
>>
>>3530603
Kierstin Cherry's Absent in Absinthe.

... how's anyone supposed to know what you've read?
>>
Despite another poster's vehement opposition, I went ahead and read a couple of Medrano book samples

I think I'm going to buy one(1)
>>
Where's the anon that said they would upload the 3rd and 4th books of Alexis Hall's Kate Kane series to libgen?
>>
My problem with Baru is: not enough dragons and elves and shit.
>>
>>3530886
A small price to pay for a harem
>>
>>3530789
>vehement opposition

>>3528531
>Which isn't to say that some might not enjoy it

Such vehemence. Fierce! Rrrr!
>>
>>3530603
Broken Wings by L-J Baker
>>
>>3530603
>>3531091
Keep in mind they don't interact for a little over half of the book.
>>
>new releases from relatively unknown authors
>oh cool
>look them up on goodreads
>no genre tags yet

Welp... anyone willing to take one for the team on any of these titles and report back?
A Scheme of Sorcery by Ennis Rook Bashe
Traitor Princess, Assassin Saint by T. R. Sherwood
Remnants Of The Sun (The Sun Shards #1) by J.A. Day
Blood Coloured Flames (Kingdom of the Witch, #1) by Dottie Graham
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=62TCdBWcdjE
since it's been discussed here quite a bit the translator for clear and muddy loss of love made a nice animated trailer for the novel. contains spoilers obviously but it might convince some people to give it a shot
>>
>every character in the book is coincidentally a lesbian
Gee what are the chances.
>>
>>3531163
Lesbians are attracted to each other, like Stand users.
>>
>>3531163
Sounds like a masterpiece
>>
>>3531163
Would you prefer to read books with straight women? Or with men?
>>
>>3531163
>every major character in this book is coincidentally a warrior/scholar/lawyer/basketball player/amateur MMA fighter/goat herder/chef

Gee what are the chances
>>
>>3531375
Are you trying to say sexual orientation is somehow equivalent to a job/hobby?
>>
>>3531496
If you have no idea how lesbians would hang out with other lesbians, then you probably need to go touch some grass.

>Why are lgbt people around lgbt people hurr durr
>>
>>3531499
That's not what I said. And every major character appearing in a book being a warrior/scholar/lawyer/basketball player/etc would definitely get weird, so you shot your own foot with that analogy.
>>
I never wanna read "parental units" or " 'rents" ever again. Did any teenager ever actually talk this way?
>>
what are some books.
>>
>>3531163
I hate this too, it turns the book into a fantasy when every single character in the small insular town is queer in some way.
>>
>>3531527
No, it's more realistic than you think especially if it's a small town. The majority of people you would hang out with would be lesbian or some sort of gay. And in small towns everyone has dated each other at some point or another.
>>
>>3531523
Phonebook.
>>
Gotta hate when a book is in the Lesbian tag, mentions the MC falling in love with a girl in the summary and ends up being a poly relationship involving a guy.

Fuck you goodreads for the 2nd /u/ bait you gave me and fuck you Mary McCoy for your shit summary.
>>
>>3531163
>>3531527
You people are legit insane if you don't think that gays like to be around eachother.
Like, go outside and touch grass for a while.
Stop posting.
>>
>>3531518
>what do you mean this story about basic training features mostly soldiers and fresh enlistees?! this is impossible, where are my secondary plotlines featuring fresh liberal arts graduates trying to land jobs and stay home mom piano teachers?
>>
>>3531822
Ime all the gays leave their small towns so they can be together
>>
>>3531831
Even in big cities, if you're involved with the local lgbt community everyone fucking knows each other. It really isn't that difficult
>>
>>3531824
You didn't specify the setting, you can stop backpedaling now.
>>
>>3531824
>>3531832
Why the fuck are you assuming it's about some established lesbian community? That's like the only instance where it's not unusual. I'm talking about literally ever other example. When they're lesbians independently of each other and didn't even know each other before the events is the book. Fucking morons.
>>
>>3532188
>What do you mean this story revolves around lesbians and their lesbian friends!? Why isn’t half the book dedicated to the straight city councilwoman who moonlights as a furry hentai artist!?
>>
>>3530727
idk i post what i read in all the threads :(
>>3531091
ok i will try both of your recs!
>>3530665
no im not im an adult im tough and mean most of the your mom jokes in these threads are me!

reading... something about coins? and queens? at the moment
i forgot the title.....
>>
>>3530847
that was me!!!! i am uploading it right now im sorry i forget to check the thread sometimes when people are just arguing
https://library.bz/fiction/uploads/DED536E09FDF9125B7F7592A155F801A
here you go :)
in the future if you cant find a book on libgen or mobilism try googling 'book name vk.com' there are really big ebook pirating communities on vk and that helped me find this
sorry again for it being so late i just havent been reading much cos ive been sad recently so havent checked the thread ;-;
>>
>>3532188
Because that's how the fuck it usually is for one. You provided no details other than an established an accepted trope because it happens in real life. Unless you actually give the name of the book you're currently reading(doubt it because it's vague and it's probably just another retarded hyper fixation) where it doesn't make sense that lesbians would be around each other then you're going to look and sound retarded.
>>
File: 512rW7sqVyL.jpg (43 KB, 326x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Any have a DL for this one?
>>
>>3532368
Thank you anon, get better.
>>
>>3532510
What's it about?
>>
File: 1609048305458.jpg (32 KB, 316x475)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>sequel never
>>
File: 49130720.jpg (3.17 MB, 1524x2339)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
Girls Against God (Norwegian: Å hate Gud, "I hate God") - Jenny Hval

What the fuck?
I randomly selected something from the /u/lit archive, and ended up with this: an experimental, avant-garde, horror(?) novel that also serves as a treatise on Norwegian Black Metal and third-wave feminism. It is only possibly /u/-related in an extremely tangential way (and even then, I'm not really sure), which makes me wonder how it ended up in the archive in the first place.
>>
>>3533126
>a treatise on Norwegian Black Metal and third-wave feminism.
Consider my interest picked.
>>
>>3533132
picked
>>
>>3533136
Picked
>>
>>3533138
picked
>>
>>3533089
Why the good books never get sequels ree
>>
>>3533132
Piqued*
>>
>>3533163
picked
>>
>>3533163
I ain't French, nigga.
>>
>>3533189
please dont swear my mom checks my 4chan
>>
>>3533231
>tfw this shithole is old enough that this could actually happen
>mfw I am old enough that I could be a mom
Shotgun trough the mouth or flying off a roof, which one is less painful?
>>
>>3533238
can you be my mommy, onee-chan?
>>
>>3533231
Does she lean over your shoulder and watch when you post lewd things on /u/?
>>
>>3533242
Sure thing dear, I've got wide hips, a plump tummy, big saggy boobs and not a penny to my name but I can cook and like to cuddle.
>>
I'm reading the jasmine throne and characters keep unironically talking about doing the needful. This site ruined me
>>
>>3533550
Sir, please understand
>>
>>3533465
c-cute
>>3533247
i dont post lewd things! but she does watch me post on 4chan sometimes i wish she would leave me alone im 2X years old...
>>3533550
is it worth reading? its the only one on /u/s recommended i havent read except for baru (i dont read sad books) but for some reason it just hasnt grabbed my attention like the others

also i have had the queen of coins and whispers sitting there waiting to be read for like 4 days and i cant seem to read past the first page i dont know whats wrong with me :(
>>
>>3533589
>i dont read sad books
> also i have had the queen of coins and whispers

I'm not sure if you'd like to read that. one of the MCs got traumatized/ PTSD
>>
>>3533692
but like... does she have the trauma in the book or is she just traumatised for the duration of it? im fine with stuff like that1 but baru just sounds like misery porn to me (killing your lover is sad)
>>
>>3533694

the villain tortured her

And you're this right?>>3530603
I'm the one who recommended Broken Wings. Probably put it in the back burner too. The book has the scene where the MC had to recount her traumatic experience. Rape stuff.

If you want something lighter but super cheesy, try When the Tiger Came Down the Mountain
>>
>>3533700
SA
Let me expound on the first one
The villain tortured her and it changed her. Iirc, right after she was saved by her LI, she'd even randomly cry or shout. I guess what I'm trying to say is the authors wrote those parts (including Broken Wings) in a way that got me distressed when I read them. /spoiler]
>>
what's this I hear about Seth writing Honor Harrington fanfiction instead of finishing Baru?
>>
>>3533589
>is it worth reading?
I'm enjoying it, struggling a bit with all the Indian names but the world is interesting. If you're that anon that needs sex in your fantasy books I'm not getting the impression that this is that kind of book but I'm only halfway through.
>>
>>3527303
>>3527232
hey thanks for bringing this one up. had it in my backlog forever. really enjoyed it.
>>
>>3533089
God I finally picked up this and WHERE IS THE SEQUEL? ETA FOR 2018? WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS?
>>
File: 1616348997798.jpg (21 KB, 333x500)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I hate soccer but this was cute as fuck.
>>
I've written a lesbian fiction novel. I'm looking for readers if any of you want are interested in giving it a shot, contact me on discord EveA#1028
>>
>>3534189
>EveA#1028
sent!
>>
>>3534189
Why not just post it here?
>>
>>3534247
maybe anon wants to have a larger and less anonymous conversation with the ppl reading at
probably get better feedback from a personal conversation like that than from posts on 4chan
>>
>>3534247
For a few reasons, some have already been stated, and I also like to keep track of feedback.
>>
>wanna buy book
>not on amazon
>rabuten kobo won't let me (probably some regional shit)

okay then...
>>
File: 51mY-eBq05L.jpg (54 KB, 333x500)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Not For Sale - Cynthia Danes & Hildred Billings

>Lead is Korean-American
>Her name is "Kimberly Kim"

Names aside, it was pretty cute. This book is a little more "rom-com" than most contemporary adult romances and the characters are interesting enough. However, the main conflict is fairly typical.
>>
>>3536074
I hate covers using real life goofy looking models, why cant they just commission a drawing
>>
>>3536074
Can't find an epub of this, can you upload it?
>>
>>3536291
DA
It's in the ulit Archives 2020 torrent.
Check Cynthia not Hildred
>>
>>3536291
It's in the archive torrent and it's free if you have kindle unlimited.
>>
>>3536294
>>3536295
Found it, thanks!!
>>
>>3536215
I know right? It's looks so depressing. If it were me I'd do everything in my power to make the cover as pretty as possible.
>>
Something to talk about - Meryl Wislner

This book is a slow burn romance between a 42 year old boss and her 28 years old assistant. I liked reading this one, the first 3/4 of the book are sweet and a fluid read. I think it drags a lot in the ending though, it could be over 3 or 4 chapters before it really ends, but what is a /u/ book without the required drama to finish it. The drama is more of a "I don't think she wants me" from both parts than anything else and it's not the more popular "get together and have a disagreament in the end" kind of thing.
>>
Anyone else who read Female General and Eldest Princess?

and felt unsatisfied with the fact that Li Xian only finds out that Lin Wanyue's a woman in chapter 144... and alsp that most of the book focuses on political drama and the main couple kind of felt lackluster...
>>
>>3538186
That's a common problem with PDL's novels desu
>>
>>3538186

Well, you have to take into consideration how authors earn in this type of site. This is not the write the whole story, publish, then wait for the sales type. The novel is updated almost every day and to earn, you have to find a way to keep the readers hanging and stick with you till the end thus withholding what they want the most.
It seems true, though, that PDL doesn't know how to end her novels in a more satisfying way.
>>
>>3538186
PDL doesn't know how to do relationships period. Her writing is focused on the other stuff and the romance always feels lackluster. The third 'act' of Muddy Love is so stupid, it had so much potential in the hands of someone who actually knows what they are doing...
>>
Tell me /u/ why do chracters in horror stories never go see a priest when there's a dangerous supernatural entity bothering them? They always turn to occult, tarot and other fishy shit which is sure to make things worse. I mean, everyone knows that.
>>
>>3538612
>priests good
>occult bad
Wonder who's behind this post...
>>
>>3538612
Because they assume the ghost haunting them is not a minor
>>
>>3538628
It just frustrates me. The heroines exhausted every possibility except the most obvious one and act like there's no other options.
>>3538714
LMAO
>>
>>3538719
The most obvious one is to go see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>3538612

They probably don't know priest can do exorcism and the like?? And afaik, not all priest can do it real well.
>>
>>3538612
Yeah, let's call that 85 year old man, who takes 5 minutes to go up a flight of stairs cause his hip replacement surgery didn't go that well last year, and make him bring and old book, a jug of water, and two bits of wood into the den of a supernatural creature that'll give him a heart attack when he sees it anyway.

NGL, the more I think about it, the more it seems like a good intro for a comedy horror story.
>>
Hello, for those who read the ‘When Woman Were Warriors’ trilogy, I have an unusual question. Feel free to mark the answer as spoilers but is Sparrow x Tamras endgame?
>>
File: 1614496783041.jpg (24 KB, 288x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
I would have been so mad if the plot twist had been Celeste was hallucinating Olivia. Good read.
>>
>>3539099
noo

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.