[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 72 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Old thread: >>3420394
Volume 8 episode rips:
https://mega.nz/#F!m88WEaaJ!HGP-ScFwX64cevw5QYLEEQ

>"New" fic recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/7PfNUaCG
>Older recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/NyBwmzVf
>Ancient rec list: http://pastebin.com/R3TxjN1b

>Ship list: http://pastebin.com/U6sHLcN3
>>
Why bother making a new thread for a dead show?
>>
>>3555783
I mean… because it’s still airing and RWBY has more canon /u/ content than Korra or AoT and those shows had general threads on /u/ for years.
Fucking Korra kept their threads going years after the show ended.
>>
>>3555446
>>
>>3555900
>>
>>3555849
>RWBY has more canon /u/ content than Korra
Absolutely wildly incorrect.

>AoT
That had threads at some point?
>>
>>3555907
>newfag has shit opinion
As expected.
>>
>>3555912
You're defending RWBY, you have no room to talk.
>>
>>3555926
No?
>>
File: 1 Small.png (2.07 MB, 1920x1080)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
There is absolutely zero canon /u/ content other than the lizard girl and the main character's sister. Everything else is dragged along by VAs while the writers refuse to give anything to the characters other than misery and stupidity.

RWBY's fans are too good for the terrible creators.

Anyways I'm still making dumb koikatsu stuff when I'm bored so if anyone has any requests I'm happy to give it a go
>>
>>3555947
Always needs more ENABLER.
>>
>>3555947
So long as you make stuff with Ruby and Penny I'm happy. Penny deserved to be in a better series. Well most of the girls really, but that topic is a horse that has been beaten to death.
>>
>>3555947
>the main character's sister
And her wife. That is how married couples work, 2-for-1 deal.

>Koikatsu
Neat. I've been toying around with different 3D software. KK, SFM, Blender... haven't gotten very far with anything, but best of luck in your endeavors too.

>Requests
I am Whiterose trash and will always ask for more.
Also Winter/Penny 'cause that's my new favorite rarepair.
>>
>>3555907
Korra's /u/ amounted to a literal last-minute hookup. At least Blake and Yang are a couple in the series proper
>>
>>
>>3555963
You're right in theory. Compared to the extremely subtle, easily-deniable background development of Korrasami, Bumblebee is much more blatant... but no less in the background. They've not really had any real, prominent development since killing Adam.

And while Korrasami might not have been very prominent in the show, they did get the comics to really flesh out and show their relationship quite explicitly. Meanwhile the RWBY comics are... bad. Just, so fucking bad. What BB there is, is just pandering in the most bad-fanfic kind of way. The manga are better, and have some BB content, but tend to skew more towards WR in general.
>>
>>3555926
RWBY is shit but it’s still overall better than Korra. There I said it.
>>
>>3555988
>Meanwhile the RWBY comics are... bad.
Well I mean the comics aren’t even considered canon anymore so no need to worry about that.
>>
>>3556077
RWBY hasn't been good since Monty Oum passed away
>>
>>3556154
I'd argue it hit its peak with V6, and then nosedived once they got to Atlas. The new writers totally killed it in the worst way.
>>
>>3556077
>RWBY is shit
No.
>>
>>3556184
It’s…. Not great anon. The only reason why I care for this show is the girls.
>>
>>3556176
I take it they still haven't hired actual writers then?
>>
File: 1634235792358.jpg (147 KB, 1072x1600)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>
>>3556077
Korra is a significantly better show in terms of general quality, they are really not even comparable. I'd even hesitate to call RWBY better in /u/ content, since at least Book 3 and 4 Korrasami's friendship interactions prior to the finale are better written than any of BB's handful of friendship, angst and then they-like-each-other scenes in volumes 1-8. And I say that as someone who didn't particularly like the show or Korrasami.
>>3556154
There wasn't anything better in Monty's volumes. His thing was fighting and the fights in volumes 6+ are better than the ones in 1-3. It sure as shit was never "good" when he was around, since the first and second volumes were genuinely bad and 3 was the first surprisingly decent one.
>>
>>3556227
One of them supposedly is, but from what I hear her published stories aren't very good either.

Trying to analyze the writing credits on RWBY, a vague pattern emerges. Kerry is always listed on the best episodes, frequently with Miles, but Miles' solo credits -while decent as stand-alone watches- tend to work poorly with the overarching narrative. Kiersi's (the supposed professional) contributions -both solo and grouo- tend to be pretty meh overall, while Eddy's episodes are just the worst.
>>
>>3556252
>the first and second volumes were genuinely bad and 3 was the first surprisingly decent one.
This is honestly why I'm still kind of holding out hope for V9, despite finding 7 & 8 to be abysmal. It would constitute a pattern at that point, 'cause like you say 1 & 2 were pretty bad, but then 3 was pretty good, and I'd say the same of 4 & 5 then subsequently 6. So, 7 & 8 being awful but 9 managing to pull off being actually (at least relatively) good would be par-the-course.

Not really sure if my still holding onto such a hope constitutes Stockholm Syndrome or not, or if I'd rather 9 is just bad so I can finally give up on this show entirely, maybe.
>>
This show sucks, the "writers" have no concept of story telling. Everything about RWBY is a ripoff of a better show. The voice "acting" is atrocious. If I wanted to see Circus de sogay acrobatic fights, I'd watch the prequels.
2/10 let it die.
>>
>All this pointless arguing about the quality of Texan animu instead of just posting cute girls
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: small.png (1.98 MB, 1080x1920)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
>>3556227
I don't know where Kiersi came from but Eddy was the Red vs Blue lore compendium guy whose sum total of """original""" writing experience before being dragged onto the RWBY team was Dragonball Z fanfiction and Nomad of Nowhere which, while cute, was an absolutely abortive attempt at a new show that RT refused to believe failed on merit.

>>3555951
Here's a quick and dirty N&D before I take a nap and then go out of town for the weekend. I'll think on what I can do for an Enabler and Winter/Penny while I'm gone and take a stab at them next week. Ok maybe not stab I'll be gentle with our poor beloved robot girl.

P.S. I absolutely REFUSE to show Penny's feet but otherwise just about everything else is on the table if there're more requests. This is kinda fun.
>>
>>3556430
>Nomad of Nowhere which, while cute, was an absolutely abortive attempt at a new show that RT refused to believe failed on merit.
I thought Nomad failed because that shit eater Gray was siphoning off money from Nomad and other RT show’s budgets to fund his GenLock autism.
>>
>>3556198
Well that's you, isn't it? Almost like "quality" is subjective.
>>
>>3556465
I don't think Gray had much to do with Nomad's production, indirectly or otherwise. GEN:lock did get us V5, though.
>>
>>3556377
>buzzwords: the post
>>
File: E_XwYAVUcAI1x4Y.jpg (2.43 MB, 2207x2099)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
Eat the rich
>>
File: RWBY Behind the Scenes.jpg (637 KB, 2500x1713)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
Just shared by Erin Winn. Apparently a staff-exclusive special thank-you print.
>>
First season was fun, the animation wasn't too great at times but the action and comedy were good. Ruby is a great character. That pink haired girl is also funny. It would be nice if they explained a bit more about magic though, idk where all their skills come from.
Just started season 2 and it's cute to see Ruby coming on to Weiß so strongly. But that Neptune guy needs to go; I hope Weiß doesn't become Pyrrah 2.0, all that stuff with Jaune feels so jarring. Also that old man either has a bunch of identical twins or he's reaaally working to many jobs.
>>
>>3557254
>Weiß
explain yourself
>>
>>3557254
>It would be nice if they explained a bit more about magic though
It won't help much. Aura and semblances are a complete mess and their function vary constantly for the sake of plot convenience.
>>
>>3557260
Sorry, I forgot.
>>3557275
That's too bad.
>>
>>
>>
File: 100823989.jpg (94 KB, 728x517)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
it's honestly crazy how every ship in rwby is attractive. the characters are just so cute lol.
>>
>>
>>
>>3557587
>>3557586
How does Zronku seriously never improve?
>>
>>3557645
A consistent emphasis on speed at the cost of all else, I'd imagine.
>>
File: 148047329474423.jpg (126 KB, 959x1165)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>3557645
Lack of imperative to do so, If enough people are willing to pay for it as is.
>>
File: ELCe3IMU8AEGnrD.png (16 KB, 564x592)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>3557654
>>3557694
Fair enough.
>>
Joan js my fave. I'm so glad they spend so much time on a side characters. Fuck the main 4 right?
It's all about Joan.
>>
Good thing they used a wish to turn da robot human and then immediately die.
Not like could have tried to wish their dead friend back instead.

Kino writing
>>
>>3557831
>Not like could have tried to wish their dead friend back instead.
Anon Ambro literally said, “I can’t bring dead people back to life”.
It was literally one of the first things he said.
>>
File: Ectabe1UcAA3ecu.png (2.34 MB, 2944x3147)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>3557831
>>3557835
Even if you could figure out how to loophole "create Pyrrha" such that it managed it, she would be a creation of the staff and so the next time it was used for any other thing she'd die again.
>>
>>3557835
>>3557838
Then wish to go back in time to save her.
Make a exact copy of her.
Wish Cinder never was born.
Wish to bring her from the past to the present.
Fucking do anything remotely intelligent
>>
>>3557846
It's not a genie, it just builds shit if you give it it blueprints.
This show is dumb as fuck, but apparently it was too smart for you.
>>
>>3557846
>>3557831
The mental prowess of the HTDM.
>>
>>3557991
Of course it's not a genie.
It's a fucking stupid excuse to turn the robo human so it can die for dramatic tension, but forgot to make me care.
>>
File deleted.
>>3557846
>Fucking do anything remotely intelligent
>Says the person who didn’t even remotely pay attention to how the staff works or it’s limitations.
>>
>>3557995
It's hilariously pathetic to me how they like, make shit up about the show to hate and look completely retarded in the process, when there's no shortage of actual narrative fuck-ups they could be targeting instead.
>>
>>3558051
Someone once summed it up quite well by saying, “RWBY’s flaws are miles wide but only an inch deep.”
Basically everything wrong with it is very surface level shit that pretty much anyone would notice and most of the time it’s so minor it’s not even worth talking about.
We really don’t need 3 hour long video essays about how “Character with 3 lines of dialogue was ruined forever” or my favorite, “The WF did nothing wrong and terrorism is based actually”.
>>
File: 93521760_p0.png (1.52 MB, 1000x707)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>
File: 93521760_p2.png (1.52 MB, 1000x707)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>
>>3558010
>didn’t even remotely pay attention to how the staff works or it’s limitations
The same can be said about the writers
>>
>>3558076
That's a bit generous, there are a lot of major plot holes in the show where key elements of the entire world make zero sense. That's not a matter of being inch deep.
>>
>>3558343
>>3558355
>still keeping at it even after being BTFO
>>
>>3558366
Those two posts are not even the same person.
>>
>>3558372
You btfo one htdm faggot you btfo them all.
>>
File: FB0FvDeVUAIctvj.jpg (446 KB, 1815x2144)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>3558374
>this is your brain on puberty
>>
>>3558355
>there are a lot of major plot holes in the show where key elements of the entire world make zero sense.
See now that’s what I mean.
Plot hole wank is a very shallow form of media criticism. Because there’s always some way to use mental gymnastics or head canon to explain it away.
RWBY has like 1, maybe 2 plot holes that are bad enough that this doesn’t apply.

Now consider the opposite example which for me is Game of Thrones season 8.
Flaws that are only an inch wide but are so deep they retroactively ruin entire characters, plotlines, and ultimately probably the whole show.
>>
File: FA8WFaGXoAQE3OI.jpg (199 KB, 953x1243)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>3558383
>Because there’s always some way to use mental gymnastics or head canon to explain it away.
Not sure that actually makes it better. That the audience has to band-aid writing problems with convoluted excuses is just evidence of how poor the writing is. If you are having to constantly go "Wait, what, why?" and then try to write in some tenuous explanation for how a thing could have made sense if a bunch of other random stuff that wasn't shown was actually happening in the background, you are pretty much already in the territory of
>[ruining] entire characters, plotlines, and ultimately probably the whole show.
I think there are definitely characters and plotlines that were seriously ruined by glaring problems in the writing. Pyrrha and Cinder both, the entire Haven arc, a large chunk of Atlas'.
>>
>>3558383
>Flaws that are only an inch wide but are so deep they retroactively ruin entire characters, plotlines, and ultimately probably the whole show.
RWBY does have issues like this too. They just don't get nearly as much focus from the HTDM compared to the shallow stuff, which is just pathetic really. Plus the prominence of such shallow criticism just reinforces the writers ignoring any critique of larger issues.

I'm definitely of the mind that Atlas has ruined the whole show by making it blatantly obvious just how absurdly misguided the writing's priorities are. Theoretically they could pull /something/ salvageable together for V9, but at this point I think such a possibility is giving them too much credit.
>>
>>3558383
lol, you need to get back when you're not high on copium
>>
File: 93575213_p1.jpg (594 KB, 841x1200)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: 93599925_p0.jpg (411 KB, 943x1200)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>3561520
It's all downhill from here, sis
>>
File: 46020589_p18.jpg (270 KB, 630x620)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
Season 2 was fun, nice to see the villains getting a more prominent role, they look fun, not that that ginger was so bad though. That Neptune is annoying and it's dumb writing, like why would Weiss even look twice at someone like that. At least Blake doesn't really care about the monkey. That Yang/Blake stuff with the ball was nice. Also feels like Ruby is taking a liking to Weiss, also good. Idk why they let the fire-woman hack all the PCs and then do nothing with it, but maybe next season. Would also be interested in the life of the Grimm, what do they eat, how do they procreate, etc. but that will probably not be covered... Oh yeah and the action was nice, even if it's still complete nonsense.
Also why couldn't they let this happen... we only got a few seconds of the Blake/Yang dance too...
>>
>>3561521
That'd be sad. At least there's fanarts and fics.
>>
File: FAh4nXiVgAgVmxm.jpg (429 KB, 1516x2146)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
>>3561522
>but that will probably not be covered
It is, though I can't say it's all that interesting. Volume 3 is pretty solid so at least you have that coming.
>we only got a few seconds of the Blake/Yang dance too...
Pacing is big issue in the show, made worse by way too large a cast for everyone to get good development and screen time. The large, undeveloped cast was good in early volumes for shipping, but these days it's kinda just detrimental.
>>
>>3561522
>That Neptune is annoying and it's dumb writing, like why would Weiss even look twice at someone like that.
I was infuriated by this when I originally watched V2 years ago. On a rewatch, I realized Neptune's presence was entirely to make Jaune look better by comparison. Thankfully, they do away with Neptune in V3. Unfortunately, Jaune continues to be a detriment to the development of all other characters to this day, though V7&8 favored Penny more, V9 looks set to return to Jaune-centrism.

>Also feels like Ruby is taking a liking to Weiss, also good.
They are the best.

>>3561538
>Pacing is big issue in the show
Preach sister, preach.
>>
>>3561546
I'm still hoping that getting out of void limbo will require someone staying behind and it will be Jaune
>>
>>3561548
Dare to dream I guess.
>>
>>3561552
I mean they can't just casually leave without any consequence at all beyond wasting a bit of time right? After the ominous warning about not falling? Even RT wouldn't do that.... right?
>>
>>3561548
>>3561556
I admire your optimism but don't forget Neo is also there. If anyone would get left behind I'd sooner expect her since it's hard to imagine the writers ever being willing to let go of Jaune
>>
>>3561559
I honestly feel really good about Neo being perfectly safe. The writers seem to understand just how much the audience likes her and she realistically just got shifted to the villain side, so I don't think she's going to get removed at this point. I feel like the worst that will happen to her is wandering off to do crime back in the regular world. Also vague hope for NeoxEm when rwby+ get back to Vacuo?
>>
>>3561565
off* that side, not to
>>
>>3561556
>>3561559
>Even RT wouldn't do that... right?
Adorable optimism. If the island is anything other than an afterlife or nexus or something, this show's a lost cause narratively. Presuming they do actually give some character arcs closure, Pyrrha and Torchwick would basically be guaranteed to appear. With Jaune consistently pining for Pyrrha, and Neo motivated entirely by Torchwick's death, closure to those arcs could give either of them cause to remain behind... but honestly, I doubt they'd go that way. Jaune resolving to continue down the path of a Huntsman for Pyrrha, and Neo being convinced to drop her pointless vendetta against Ruby both seem more likely. As does there being "No Consequences" for their little detour, beyond perhaps some angst from those left in Atlas and Vacuo. Which I dearly hope gets like, no attention in V9 because if they do the stupid split narrative crap again I stg...
On my own more optimistic note there is the glaring unknown of Penny, and the uncertainty surrounding her most recent death. Plenty of theories abound, and one I'd like to shine a light on is an idea going around about her corpse falling to the island and being found by the others. But, going off the aforementioned afterlife idea, what if instead Penny appeared alive and well, no worse the wear, only for the truth of her death to come out towards the end when she can't leave with the others?

>>3561565
>NeoxEmerald
I like them both, and they're cute together, but dunno about any actual show-presence. Theoretically, something could be made of Emerald leaving Cinder's side despite ostensibly still holding some loyalty towards her, vs Neo throwing in with her and getting burned. A cautionary tale of sorts.
>>
Wow, I really want to know about Joan and his team actively. Great fucking writing when the main characters have less development then the side characters. Never mind this show is written by two cis white males with no formal experience or understanding of the art.
>>
>>3561522
>Would also be interested in the life of the Grimm, what do they eat, how do they procreate, etc. but that will probably not be covered...
https://youtu.be/iuyErZ4IAkA
Here. They made multiple short little lore info dump videos and this one’s on Grimm.
>>
>>3561588
>>3561522
Are two different anons here watching this show for the very first time?
I thought it was just 1 but the posting style is too different.
>>
>>3561058
>>3558393
>>3561538
Never been a fan or enjoyed Bumbleby but these arts are actually making a good case for the ship. Any favorites for fanfics besides the ones listed in recs (like personal favorites!)
>>
>>3561711
Thank you neesan, that was interesting.
>>
File: FAI7E7qUYAMXQoa.jpg (234 KB, 1771x1448)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>3562664
>Never been a fan or enjoyed Bumbleby but these arts are actually making a good case for the ship.
Had the exact same reaction.
>>
File: FB647cYVUAAboKg.jpg (195 KB, 1227x1231)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>3563155
>>
>>3563159
Rooster teeth baits this ship all too often.
>>
>>
File: FCU3Pz7VEAEPNkX-orig.jpg (298 KB, 2273x1593)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>
>>3555446
>Ancient rec list: http://pastebin.com/R3TxjN1b
>https://xekstrin.tumblr.com/post/61478051423/feverish
This link doesn't work anymore, does anyone have a copy? I could only find the beginning (https://akatsuki-yu-fics-collect.tumblr.com/post/62652926958/feverish-rubyyang) and it isn't on archive.org.
>>
>>3564060
I imagine you'd have a hard time finding a copy and I don't see it on the author's Ao3
>>
>>
File: 90195907_p0.jpg (430 KB, 1200x966)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>
File: 91398542_p0.jpg (476 KB, 1200x935)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>
File: 84969322_p1.jpg (557 KB, 1200x899)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>
File: 92658918_p0.jpg (428 KB, 1200x903)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
>>
What the fuck are those?
What sense do these antennas make?
>Salem, like Salem witch trials hurr durr
>>
>>3565843
Anon, I think you're 8 years too late to be complaining about stupid names (and things that don't make sense) on RWBY of all things.
>>
>>3565843
>What the fuck are those?
>What sense do these antennas make?
CinemaCins level of media criticism.
>>
>>3565859
>CinemaCins level of media criticism.
Welcome to the HTDM.
>>
>Strong female leads
>spend most of the time crying over their incompetents
>screentime spent on side characters

Woo hoo.
>>
>>3565876
This is why I scoff whenever I see someone call RWBY a "Girl Power" show or some such. They're always secondary to male side characters, and I hate it.
>>
>>3565843
It's just ugly hair. She has bad taste.
>>
>>
>>3555446
>Older recommendation list: http://pastebin.com/NyBwmzVf
I've checked all of these fics. All AO3 and Tumblr fics are on archive.org. Most FFN fics were (amazingly) still available except for Locker room rendezvous, Hell hath no fury, The rose thief and Myrtenaster's loss. Luckily they are at least partly in the ArchiveTeam 2015 dump, with 1, 1, 10 and 7 chapters, respectively, but the latter two may have had more chapters. The only fic I couldn't find anything about was October storm by one Hikkipug.
>>
>>3565876
>>3565896
It's only worth looking at the fics and fanart. The """"""official"""""" trash should be treated as a really bad AU.
>>
QT that Coco-Ruby bit was fantastic! Please write more wholesome light D/s stuff?
>>
CONGRATULATIONS RWBY!

YOU'RE OFFICIALLY NOT THE WORST SHOW ON CRUNCHYROLL ANYMORE!

HIGH GUARDIAN SPICE IS MORE AMATEUR, INCOMPETENT, CHEAPER AND EVEN MORE HAMFISTED THAN RWBY!

TAKE JOY IN KNOWING RWBY DID NOTHING TO IMPROVE ITSELF AND REQUIRED ANOTHER SHOW TO SUCK HARDER!
>>
File: cotturmoxbw51.jpg (125 KB, 1000x1345)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>3567703
>>
>>3567703
>Hamfisted
Feel like "Blunt" is a better word, though maybe that's being pedantic. Regardless, no matter how much people hate on HGS for having any rep at all, being as subtle with its characters as a plane crash on top of a train wreck, its designs, production values, behind-the-scenes stupidity, whatever; I refuse to classify it as worse than RWBY until it has successfully wasted 8+ years of its fanbase's life.

Something I doubt it will achieve, both due to lacking the longevity, and a fanbase in the first place.
>>
>>3567732
>wasted 8+ years
That's on you. Unless you mean, 8 years of production.
>>
>>3567736
I know I'm not the only one who's watched this shit since the start only to wind up increasingly disappointed.

And yeah, maybe that is on me for sticking around so long, but the objective fact remains that there's just MORE of RWBY being thoroughly awful. HGS is hardly a blip on the radar. It's like comparing one really smelly fart bubble to an entire ocean full of rotting garbage.
>>
>>3567703
Get your Caps Lock key checked.
>>
>>
You may be a neet who spends all the time on 4chan, but you can take comfort in knowing you'll never be as pathetic, obsessed, eternally seething and retarded as this htdmfag>>3567703 here.
>>
>>3567899
I'd rather be that person than you.
>>
>>3567903
You are that person already. I was talking about you, dummy.
>>
>>3567912
Me? But I thought you ment >>3567903
>>
y'all motherfuckers are mad that none of the lesbianism is canon but you can't deny that the show is dominated by female characters, and they're visually distinctive
>>
>>3556154
The only good thing from V1-2 were some cool fights and some basic worldbuilding ideas. Monty passing away took the rest of the team's crutch away so they had to learn how to walk without him rather than relying solely on Monty to carry them.
>>
>>3567703
>all caps
HGC in nowhere near the level of trash as RWBY.

>>3567967
>y'all
>one person
Does typing in ALL CAPS make their opinion matter more?

>>3567980
Then they fell into a manhole and thrashed about in a sewer for several years. Everyone expected it to die due to the myriad diseases they have aquired, yet somehow they still live.

The difference between whatever that thing is that leddit is shitting itself over and RWBY, is that RWBY actually has decent character designs and had actual potential to be great. That was squandered on terrible writers and nepotistically hired staff who utterly destroyed anything that could have been good about it.
That other thing is just another single season only shitshow that will be entirely forgotten by this time next year.
>>
>>3567983
Your (You)
>>
>>3567983
I think I skimmed the thread too fast to notice the samefagging
>>
I don't know why I even like RWBY. The music sucks ass, the writers are obviously winging it, and they have more side characters than they have screen time to use them. The thing that it does well is character design, but that's about it.

Plus how many times are they going to kill Penny before it gets old?
>>
>>3567967
It has a lot of female characters sure, but they're ultimately just there to make the males look better, so it's shit.
>>
File: Ruby about to bite Weiss.jpg (567 KB, 2160x3000)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
>>3567989
At least you like it? That's something? I feel like I don't even like it anymore, yet I stick around hoping for... what? It to either improve (unlikely), or finally do something so outright awful it turns me off entirely so that I finally stop caring.

>The music sucks ass
God I wish more people would wake up and realize this. The frothing-at-the-mouth praise the OSTs get is so overblown. Casey's a pretty good singer/songwriter, and the couple songs that are all her are actually good, but Jeff on the hand... both his lyrics and music tend to be super fucking awkward.
>>
>hatewatchers jerking each other off
>>
>>3568000
If y'got something nice to say about the show, please, go ahead.
>>
File: EVnkIGjUwAIwOFy.jpg (151 KB, 900x903)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>3567998
>yet I stick around hoping for... what?
I'm just watching to see what happens to Cinder and Neo, honestly.
>>
>>3568006
I often do, just not on demand of the haters.
>>
>>3567703
>Implying High Guardian Spice is even the worst thing on Crunchyroll when shit like Ex-arm exists
>Implying RWBY for all it’s garbage isn’t better than 90% of seasonal garbage that’s been getting pumped out every year since 2010.
>>
>>3567695
Thanks! I thought that that one was particularly rushed, so I'm glad you liked it.
Can't make any promises, but I think there is something of that sort coming up. If not soon, then eventually.
>>
>>3568178
>Implying RWBY for all it’s garbage isn’t better than 90% of seasonal garbage that’s been getting pumped out every year since 2010.
If you really watch anime (more than 5 series per season) beyond just 3 episodes, synopsis or just the trailer, it is not.
>>
>>3568205
>seasonal shit
>better than RWBY
fucking weebs
>>
>>3568178
>Implying RWBY for all it’s garbage isn’t better than 90% of seasonal garbage
It isn't. Not that seasonal shit is good, it is indeed garbage, but that garbage still manages to have better voice acting than many of RWBY's main characters, manages to have consistent run times of more than 20 minutes without a break in the middle of every season because of poor production scheduling, is typically much more internally consistent with its own world-building than RWBY often is, is usually better paced, usually doesn't shove in way more characters than it can handle and neglect ones that should be developed, handles character relationships better, etc.

Really the only things RWBY manages to do better than a typical seasonal garbage show are character design (sometimes), the setting, which gets continually undermined by shitty plot and poor execution, and (also sometimes) fighting.

>>3568209
Weebs are the only people who watch RWBY, you retard. It is a show made by weebs for weebs.
>>
>>3568223
>that garbage still manages to have better voice acting than many of RWBY's main characters
Opinion of a retarded weeb discarded. RWBY has flaws, but VAing isn't it.
>>
>>3568223
>It is a show made by weebs for weebs.
That’s how it started out but in the current anime climate, RWBY is now a show for people who like anime but who hate almost every anime that’s been pushed out in the last decade.

Like I’ve enjoyed RWBY as a whole more than Kill la Kill, Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan season 1, or Konosuba. The first 3 I thought looked beautiful and that’s about it and Konosuba I just found myself watching in silence not laughing at any of the jokes till I eventually just dropped it.
>>
>>3568313
Jesus that’s hardly almost every anime released in the last decade. There’s been more yuri and yuri adjacent anime than that released in the last 5 years alone. Why are you wasting your time on obvious grimderp dreck like AoT?
>>
>>3568316
I’m just listing the “popular” shit that most people have watched.

On the Yuri side of things I loved Bloom in to You, hated Citrus, and thought Adachi to Shimamura was ok.
>>
>>3568209
>>3568254
He says, while posting on a weeb board on a weeb site. Retarded newfag.
>>
>>3568313
Try watching something other than normalfag shit.
>>
>>3568223
>Weebs are the only people who watch RWBY, you retard
Not really. Sure it started that way, drawing in the crowd of Monty's attached fanbase on top of RT's established gamer bros, expanding more into general weeb-fandoms with its over-indulgent anime stylings. But over the years, that's cooled off, and those that remain are largely like, the tumblr-types. You'd probably find more crossover in RWBY viewership with shows like MLP or TOH than you would a seasonal anime.
>>
>>3568313
>Kill la Kill
Why would you trust triggerfags? The only decent things Trigger has ever made was the two LWA OVAs. Everything else they have made has been shit.

>Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan
Common SAO-tier trash

>Konosuba
Common SAO-tier trash where each character is just one "joke" repeated ad nauseum
>>
>>3568356
Yikes.
>>
>>3568331
Why is it so easy to spot you newfags pretending to be oldfags?
>>
File: FC-e8iGXMAMXNeV.jpg (301 KB, 1982x2139)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>3567706
>>3567703
Fucking HILARIOUS.
Rooster Teeth basically admit Rwby is trash and know you all are stuck for the rest of the ride!
Get fucked losers!
>>
>>3568356
Except, those shows are ENJOYABLE.
I really can't find a show that wastes it's time on ham fisted social commentary that loses is narrative to be, engaging.
>>
>>3568536
>>3567706
>>3568536
>retard didn't watch RWBY Chibi
>>
>>3568538
And yet you like Attack on Titan.
>>
>>3568540
Also confusing RWBY with Ruby, what a moron.
>>
>>3567998
Yeah I've been skipping the intros since S2, I just hate them so much.

I guess what I am still watching it for was the resolution of some character arcs. Penny, Neo, and Jaune to be specific. I still like the week-to-week speculation and having something to look forward to.

>or finally do something so outright awful it turns me off entirely so that I finally stop caring.
that's the secret, though, it seems like they already got the worst of the dumb shit out already and it's never going to be stupid enough to get you to stop watching. If you could last through the plot holes and stupid shit of the last 2 seasons, you're in it for the long haul.
>>
>>3568545
>Yeah I've been skipping the intros since S2, I just hate them so much.
The intros for V5 and 6 aren't bad, though the full version of 6 has some real awkward lyrics towards the end, so it's only the intro version that's any good.

>Penny
>Resolution
It's not impossible, but by god the potential is there for them to fuck up royally. They already have for Weiss, though by the same token she might be salvageable, but I lack any faith in these writers to actually do anything but royally fuck up.
>>
>>3568541
No. I don't.
But at least the narrative hasn't been forgotten like a flavor of the week given that people actually praise that show.
>>
>>3568571
>given that people actually praise that show
People praise RWBY too, tho. In fact, you can think of any show you don't like and there'll be people who praise it.
>>
>>3568540
>working on other projects
>not fixing the one they're on
Lol it's like they WANTED to work on anything else!
>>
>>3568573
That's not an argument.
>>
>>3568575
This is not a debate, so I don't need an argument.
Your post wasn't an argument either, btw.
>>
>>3568574
>talking completely past the point of the conversation
>shifting the goalpost
>making shit up
yup, it's HTDM time.

>"spending hours working on the show"
>"when those hours could've been spent with their families"
"WTF CRWBY hates their families confirmed!"
This is how retarded you sound trying to reach so hard for any reason to dunk on crwby.
>>
>>3564107
Yes, I asked the author and she said she deleted all her RubyYang fics because people harassed her :(
>>
File: Cute.jpg (52 KB, 500x583)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
RWBY is a good show and I personally enjoyed every volume. Volume 7 was a little weaker, not going to lie, but volume 8 was a good mixture of action and drama.
I admit the series could use a bit more comedy sprinkled in, but it is a fine line between overly dramatic and excessively jokey.
Freezerburn is best yuri ship due to story/fanfiction potential, and Harvest Moon is best ship for the same reason.
>>
>>3569157
Calm down zoomie
>>
>>3569166
Are you retarded or just a htdmfag?
>>
>>3569157
>Harvest Moon
What ship is that?
>>
File: 7b9.jpg (143 KB, 1000x1012)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>3567706
>>3568536
Adorable trash Ruby. Needs more content.
>>
>>3569194
Ruby and Qrow.
>>
>>3569157
>>3569239
Well, if there was any doubt the post was bait before... have a (You), and know also my complete and utter disgust.
>>
>>3569183
>htdm
I would just like to point out to you that no one on this site types like this, so it makes it really obvious you're a tourist from tumblr/reddit.
>>
>>3569242
>haha you use more than one site
Yes.
>>
>>3569262
>admitting you're cancer
>>
>>3569262
>haha you spend your time on two sites so filled with oversensitive literal children that they unironically use trigger warnings and attempt to ban or filter any sort of negative opinion or topic that might cause an argument
Yes. It explains why you have the mentality of someone fresh out of that echo chamber and why you respond to any negative opinion by screeching about the "HTDM", because you lack any sort of actual response to the points brought up and you learned on your previous sites that if you yell loudly enough about the "HTDM", then a mod will come and remove that disagreeing opinion or a bunch of equally deluded faggots will come pat you on the back and swear that those negative observations are just being made up, so you don't have to believe in them.

Only it doesn't work like that here, so instead you just come across as an out of place retard whose only response to people talking about the show's many problems is autistically spamming the same acronym over and over as if it's some sort of magical counter-argument.
>>
>>3569314
>haha you spend your time on two sites so filled with oversensitive literal children
Yeah, the autistic buzzword salad filled with nothing but strawman and assumptions you pulled out of your ass after being told people use more than one site tells me just how not triggered you are.
But look I get it, you're a ~2018 newfag going through that cringy phase where you tie your whole identity to a forum which you treat as a tribe users must be "loyal" to and think sperging out at "traitors" who use more than one site makes you fit in better. But it's just a phase. Don't let that stop you from schizoposting in response, tho.
>>
>>
File: 4515839482589.jpg (285 KB, 2033x2033)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>3569367
No one cares about your "loyalty", you're getting mocked because your response to any negativity towards a badly made show is to type "HTDM!!!" like a twelve year old over and over. Everyone on the internet visits different sites you mongoloid, everyone else just doesn't feel the need to constantly broadcast it, the irony being that:
>that cringy phase where you tie your whole identity to a forum
you are the one with your identity so tied into a fansite tribe that you are actively using gimmicky abbreviations for "hatedom" to display how 'in' the RWBY tribe you are, even on a site where that isn't even a thing. Talk about projection.
>>
>>3569486
>so many words just to say NO U
>more pulling things out of your ass
It's still a little hard for me to believe the absolutely hilarious levels of seethe saying the word HTDM causes you, It's hilarious. Must've hit too close to home to produce that kind of reaction. And your all too obvious am-I-fitting-in-yet pretend-oldfag flexing is just a cherry on top.
>>
Just filter "HTDM" and stop giving this retard replies. He's only here to start shit.
>>
>>
File: 72156356_p0.png (409 KB, 686x1100)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>>
File: 72156356_p1.png (758 KB, 1300x687)
758 KB
758 KB PNG
>>
>>
God the more I think about it, the more I hate this show. Wish they'd just put out V9 half-finished rather than make me wait, hoping for some bizarre reason it won't be total garbage.
>>
>rwby nsfw is more popular than rwby
>rwby fan fiction is more popular than rwby
>rwby criticism is more popular than rwby
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>3570707
>rwby criticism is more popular than rwby
No just Coomerism is more popular.
>>
>>3570775
>bigger by one member
Lmao
>>
>>3570778
The gap has widened since this picture was taken.
r/RWBY is currently at 157,139 and r/RWBYNSFW is currently over 158,000
>>
>>3570775
>rwby critics over rwby show
Uhhh...
>>
>>3571015
It’s probably a factor of how much whoever took the picture visits each one.

As you can see the critic subred is like 50 times smaller member wise and it’s even less active posting wise.
>>
>>
>>
File: 1562323002809.png (66 KB, 270x360)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>3570775
>>3570778
>>3570782
>>3571015
>>3571173
>leddit
>>
>>3571258
Blah blah internet boogey man.
>>
>>3571256
S-source?
>>
>>3571265
How is it a boogeyman when it's right here on this thread in clear-cut pictures?
>>
>>3571390
https://banancrumbs.tumblr.com/post/667058351288598528/hey-there-this-is-my-piece-for-the
>>
>>3571396
Danke, sis.
>>
>>
>>3563159
this is so beautiful omg
>>
Freezerburn > Bumblebee

fuck you

i'd post an example but i literally cannot find one where one of them does not have a penis
>>
>>3572037
>i'd post an example but i literally cannot find one where one of them does not have a penis
Sasuga freezerburnfags. Not surprised at all.
>>
>>3572037
>>
File: UnconqueredSun.png (284 KB, 600x845)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
Not really yuri, but I wanted to share my favorite commissioned piece of Yang as Sol Invicta.
>>
File: 1537471134315.jpg (7 KB, 158x319)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>3572217
>quality over quantity
>shit-tier het pairings
>>
>>3572220
FreezerBurn negates all het-shit
>>
>>3572233
It doesn't, it's bland garbage barely better than bumblebee and It especially doesn't negate shipping a lesbian with a guy.
>>
>>3572037
>not knowing how to properly filter ao3 search results
Here sis.
If I remember right this one is a pretty good one.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/16195631
>>
>>3572246
>>>/trash/
Go back.
>>
>>3572243
what would a non-bland RWBY ship be to you?
>>
>>3572217
Better pairing:

Yang/Raven

Weiss/Raven

Ruby/Raven

Blake/Raven
>>
File: 52370433_p7_master1200.jpg (721 KB, 1200x854)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
>>3572262
>>
>>3572271
Now this is good taste.
>>
>>3572264
Agree with all except for Weiss/Raven.

Love the [pseudo-]incest angle with Ruby & Yang though, and ever since I got soured on BB, the idea of Yang getting cucked by her mom is kinda hot. Shame there's not more of it...
>>
>>3572477
SummerYang is better than RavenRuby
>>
>>3572522
You're not wrong, but sadly that's even rarer.
>>
>>3572535
One day there will be more.
>>
>>3572477
ur not getting it. Raven is the one being topped by all of team RWBY She's their personal comfort slave for when they come back from a mission all pent up. Least she could do for being a deadbeat mom.
>>
is there _any_ Summer/Salem stuff?
>>
>>3572575
Eh, still don't care for it with Weiss. That angle's fine for Ruby/Yang, but for Blake still prefer the idea of her cucking Yang.
>>
>>
>>3572271
>>
File: EKtkRgVUEAAnyZs.png (21 KB, 596x576)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>3572814
>>
File: 1106.png (688 KB, 1300x1150)
688 KB
688 KB PNG
>>3572580
There is now.
>>
Post Ruby x emerald.
>>
>>3572887
legend
>>
>>
>>3572037
What kind of ship name is freezer burn anyway?
>Freezer burn is a condition that occurs when frozen food has been damaged by dehydration and oxidation due to air reaching the food.
Like what? Who comes up with that? Why not something like pale fire or daisy or yellow snow (jk).
>>
>>3574549
Anon... it's because Weiss is snow-themed and Yang is fire themed.
>>
>>3574549
>Yellow Snow
Miles tried to rebrand Jaune/Weiss as that.
I wish he'd succeeded.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3576799
>oh my god this is disgusting
Agreed.
>>
>>
is there any other boards that have sfw rwby disscusion?

sorry if i sound stupid for asking
>>
>>3577657
/co/ has threads during airtime at least, though I wouldn't recommend it, because A) /co/, B) They love pushing Weiss/Jaune, and C) /co/
>>
>>3577657
Yeah sfw RWBY discussion is limited to /co/.
We have generals there during airing and occasional threads during hiatus.
>>
>>
>>3571256
those are men, jesus what terrible faces...
>>
>3578860
>>>/co/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: E8t4rJzXMAAxkZh.jpg (445 KB, 1200x1779)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>
>>3579172
This is so hilariously overwrought and dramatic for what is, essentially, a non-superhero SuperCorp AU.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Feels like nobody wants to discuss the actual show.
Go figure. Lol
>>
>>3580683
I mean this is /u/ so restricting discussion to the actual show would just make this a BB thread rather than a RWBY thread.
>>
File: 148047329474647.png (1.09 MB, 1280x1024)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>3580683
It's being several months since new content, what are we supposed to talk about
>>
>>3580752
Well, there's the Fairy Tale cartoon airing currently. Anybody watching that?
>>
>>3580773
How much yuri is in there?
>>
>>3580777
Fuck if I know I haven't watched it.
>>
>>3580779
Lol
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 72156310_p0.jpg (858 KB, 1080x1200)
858 KB
858 KB JPG
>>
File: 72156310_p1.jpg (675 KB, 1200x896)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>>
File: 72156310_p2.jpg (706 KB, 1200x896)
706 KB
706 KB JPG
>>
>>3576800
this style of art is so deep into uncanny valley that they look dead
>>
So I've never watched this show but I know the girls and I recently found this sexy piece of art. Are there interactions between Yang and Neo in the show? And, do you know if there's more fanfiction where Neo 'corrupts' Yang?
>>
File: 0vRDsEV.png (750 KB, 600x661)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
>>3585289
In volume two they have a brief sort of rivalry with each other culminating in a fight, but that is about it for canon. Because the shipping community was very robust at the time, there's a great deal of foe yay fan content about them, including a decent number of fanfics. That said, their dynamic is usually more of a fighting-for-control thing than a corruption one.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1623618967327.png (228 KB, 340x342)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
https://bumbleby.com/rwby-volume-9-to-premiere-exclusively-to-the-new-hbo-max-expansion-package/
>Reactions to emotional scenes like Volume 8’s Bumbleby forehead-touch have shown us that we have indeed disappointed those who were waiting for Blake and Yang to kiss. To remedy that, Volume 9 will feature a full-length uncensored orgy scene between the five main characters stuck on the tropical island. Additionally, just like in gen:LOCK, we feel that it’s best to contrast these gratuitous scenes by having serious gender exploring questions. That means Jaune will not be taking part in the orgy action and instead will be doing some serious introspecting about his own sexuality and will be promptly killed off in the next episode.
I know it's a joke site but a RWBY orgy plus Jaune getting killed off would be a monumental improvement
>>
>>3590803
Kill off everyone except the main 4 and start a new story with better writters.
>>
>>3590806
How would you go about that?
I ask everyone in this thread,
how would you write each character's death?
>>
>>3590812
Something something Salem or Cinder collects all the infinity stones and is about to kill everyone but Ruby uses Summer's ghost to reset the universe but the only ones who get saved are herself and her teammates
>>
>>3590806
Kill off everyone but Neo and then make the show about her running some mercenary/bounty-hunting team with the malachite twins.

>>3590812
Leave Jaune on the island (maybe an echo of Pyrrha's spirit is there and he wants to stay, or leaving requires a sacrifice). RWBY get to Vacuo too late and it's already been wiped out, anyone who isn't just dead has completely lost hope. Salem's actual endgame isn't destroying the world, just preventing the gods from every coming back by using Shade's relic to destroy the other three so they can't be brought together. She destroys knowledge and creation, and begins her plan of working to create a proper grimm replacement for humans, with no particular rush since she has infinite time and humans will die out eventually. She's way out of everyone's league and the story just becomes about humans trying to survive in a properly grimm-dominated world. No more kingdoms or big, happy carefree cities, just small villages and scattered, safer bunker/unground towns. RWBY just wander doing what they can, maybe trying to get the maidens together to help fortify the last human settlements.
>>
>>3590806
Or just reboot the whole series from the beginning. Nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>3590803
>HBO
Well there's the series' death knell. Was fun while it lasted. Explains why the underage kids came out as well.
>>
>>3565843
Her hair looks like a spider, and those 'antennas' are the legs.
Spiders are creepy, witches are scary, and both are associated with the color black, much like the grimm.
>>
>>3572580
According to the spreadsheet, the ship name is "Season of the Witch."
>>
>>3592637
That's a stupid name.
>>
>>3572887
Tears of joy, I'm sure
>>
>>3592659
She's just nervous to meet her crush.
>>
>>3592659
She just doesn't realize that Salem is the good guy, and Oz lied to her.
>>
>>3592657
Most of them are.

Except for the one that's just Weiss' gay name.
>>
>>3572887
Is this Salem making Summer Rose her bitch?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.