[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Girls' Frontline is a gritty girls with guns mobile Tactical SLG for Android, iOS and emulator where the player takes the role of a newly recruited commander in a Private Military Company named Griffin&Kryuger, commanding a force of highly advanced android girls known as Tactical Dolls. You, the commander, are represented by a customisable male or female sprite that can interact with the girls in their dorms.

Self-insert/waifu elements aside, the all girls cast inevitably lends to a range of /u/ elements from cute interactions to unhealthy obsessions. It also has a manga featuring a female commander protagonist and a series of anime shorts, primarily Chinese dubbed with Japanese broadcast following.

Beginner FAQ: https://pastebin.com/BMrzudfQ
Resources: https://pastebin.com/SHn3ztTt

Manga: https://mangadex.org/title/32154/girls-frontline
Materials (het-free version, courtesy of Anon): https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1qmrJA3ILKDUD_MjMEya_EEVgZf3nV8bp

List of /u/sers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syw8ZtQG5r6vw4z-CJL9aLODxxu-S7q9HMBGheuqqHE/edit#gid=1211261030
Add your UID here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCGLBh2gL4WY-uVXPE1FigOiLusCKiYaolwCQJ35TU_6L-Hg/viewform

Previous: >>3436053
>>
In more recent news :
>Theater 6 is on-going, go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WC_3Zs0NNtuMVZSkaZDTlREW-GgiEJKaUFpZ3u3kXw8/edit#gid=1824759669 for /u/ Sage predictions on betting
>Jashin-chan collab starting in a few days
>Anime adaptation with female Commander soon (January '22)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Jashin-chan collab is out! Even with gamepress's guide, I gotta say Yurine's Fascimile in 5-EX was hell. In particular, note that the HP shields of the summons in phase 1 of the battle are similar to Orthrus shields which means that the shield ignoring skills of NT2000, Deagle etc. don't work.

Searching for some vids from foreign servers, I found this:
https://www.bilibili.com/s/video/BV14b4y1r7dc
Other solutions use HOCs, unreleased dolls, or SF echelons with e.g. Tarantula tanks which make them difficult to implement.
>>
>ouroboros sector
>start out with three 2* right off the bat
>refresh still 72 hours away
>>
>2 Manticores
>1 Nemeum or other armored unit
>1 Sangvis leader of your choice (preferably Destroyer)
literally unbeatable, why even bother with dolls at this point?
>>
>>3578816
All of the EX missions are needlessly brutal. It's obvious it was made for things we don't have access to and they made no accommodations at all. They are all in the "do it once and then NEVER AGAIN" category. I'll just farm the normal missions because fuck all that bullshit in the EX versions.
>>
>>3578876
The game cucked me with all 2* during the entire Architect sector actually, I had something like 58 units left on the day of my last reset.

>>3579038
There is supposed to be a farming map but I have yet to figure out how to unlock it. Could be:
> Complete all the other maps. My progress after beating all of EX was 18/30 because it seems you apparently need to clear normal mode seperately
> Beat the restaurant minigame which seems to have 6 levels.
>>
>>3579049
I just unlocked it and there are a normal (all enemies under 8k) and an EX version (all enemies just under 30k, but quite a lot of them are armored).

I have 24/30 progress and 4/6 of the minigame completed. I did finish the story on normal and got the credits. I think that might be the most important part. At least farming won't be as painful as doing all the EX missions.
>>
>>3578816
heheh, hell.
>>
File: 20211117084858.jpg (859 KB, 2340x1080)
859 KB
859 KB JPG
>>3579153
Nice. I noticed I'd unlocked it as well (haven't touched the minigame yet), maybe I just didn't see it.

Agent 416 teams seem to be the best choice for farming again, similar to the previous event.
This comp (Artillery Fairy) can take the Minos EX route with almost no scratch damage, giving 8 medals for 150 ammo/75 rations. (Compare 3 medals for 48 ammo/24 rations on Normal.) I'll be running the EX map since it's much more time efficient.
>>
File: 1628389453495.jpg (365 KB, 2048x1284)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>
>Jormungandr
wait, who again?
>>
>>3581797
Ouroboros' newly revealed subtexty dead background relationship
>>
I need more Negev x Kar98k.
>>
>>3578816
so what method did all of you choose to complete 5-EX? I just threw echelon after echelon onto her until victory was achieved. The result of laziness and resource hardcap.
>>
>>3582066
I used a single bossing echelon with Taunt Fairy to go through all the radars until I found Ouroboros, then rammed the echelon at Fake Yurine multiple times until she died. Not very efficient, yeah.

If I were to do it again, I'd take the following steps:
> Do the limited-time Yurine target in the Target Practice combat sim to find an echelon that can beat her in one go (RFHG or ARSMG)
> Create a separate echelon with Taunt Fairy to do the initial radar search for Ouroboros
> Send the boss echelon up after finding Ouroboros
> Optional: have Ouroboros use her EMP on Fake Yurine before the boss fight
>>
>>3582080
>> Do the limited-time Yurine target in the Target Practice combat sim to find an echelon that can beat her in one go (RFHG or ARSMG)
that's a thing. Thanks anon, I'll try this one instead of endlessly fightning through 5-EX again.
>>
>>3581832
Me too, sis
>>
I am no longer an auglet, thank you Jashin-chan!
>>
File: FExvilEUUAAEf42.jpg (1.49 MB, 1920x1080)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
Chapter 13 is finally coming next month. DR in january maybe?
>>
File: FFCSJUMacAAKU4i.jpg (172 KB, 2048x1103)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>
>>3584054
If a tiny chapter took 7 months, what do you think a major event will take?
>>
File: FFNjhdUVgAoSc3A.jpg (431 KB, 1920x2160)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>
>>3578816
cool
>>
Ch. 13 finally out. It has some decent logistics, would recommend unlocking it early
>>
File: ROmod.png (988 KB, 1677x1057)
988 KB
988 KB PNG
>>3594149
I'm kind of annoyed that it's literally PL 1.5. I guess DR will set itself up in some terribly long cutscenes when the event hits in a few months.
>>
>>3595458
Well yeah, chapter 13 is literally just cut content from PL due to covid chaos. Stay strong for DR SKK.
>>
New client update with unannounced release of new equipment types (ARSMG chips, RFMG sniper rounds, HGSMG signal flares, MG slap ammo, SG birdshot and flash shells, HGMG red dot sights).

There's a general rate up announced for early January so that should be a good chance to stock up on the new equips.
>>
File: FDWfUh6aMAIdTNk.jpg (799 KB, 4096x2273)
799 KB
799 KB JPG
>>3598929
For real, I had to stop for a moment when one of the new AP ammo I got looked weird.
Did this not have a mention in the patch notes? I didnt see it
>>
>>3598929
What the fuck, I didn't notice that until I read your post. I have to wonder if they implemented that as a mistake, it's something that should definitely get more spotlight before patch, compared to silly chess games or HD art.
Either way, I'm too dumb to figure out what's most optimal, so I'll just wait until gamepress or someone comes up with a brainlet guide.
>>
>>3598929
What did the patch preview even say? The new equipment is the biggest deal in the update.

>>3598943
Kinda lewd there, MP5.
>>
>>3599230
>What did the patch preview even say?
It literally only mentioned the chess/orange juice minigame and HD art.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMBRGPOJ4lU
OP for the anime just dropped, it looks neat and gives me hope for more story developments in the adaptation.
>>
>>3600888
why fuck with the music, it's one of the most integral parts of GFL
>>
>>3600987
They didn't fuck with the music, the game music is unaffected by the separate anime.
>>
>>3600989
You know what I meant.
Not a single track from the game has been previewed or suggested to be in the anime, and the style is way different. I'm not a fan.
>>
File: 1412352156.png (252 KB, 287x336)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>3600888
what did they mean by this?
>>
>no RO
dropped
>>
>>3601099
She can't wait for RO to finally show up.

>>3601103
She doesn't show up until after Star drives the peace truck.
>>
>>3601101
Saiga, this bitch gay
"New girl, huh? Let me examine their body real quick! "
"Keep grouping me up with lots of cute girls! "
"Ooh, look at that little witch in her skimpy outfit! If only she had some white stockings... she'd be right up my alley! "
>>
>>3601011
Why would it be? That would be completely abnormal.
>>
Is Alchemist of any real use?
>>
>>3601893
She's one of the most valuable/important SF units because her skills make her a basically invincible evasion tank:
> 200+ base evasion, 1200+ HP
> Skill that basically gives her a shield worth 30% of her max HP every 6 seconds
> 100% evasion self-buff with 4/8 uptime
> Offensive skill that gives her ~2s of invicibility frames
> Passive that gives her a 6HP shield that stacks without limit whenever she hits units previously damaged by her skill or critical hits
>>
>>3602289
thank you anon, that sounds really good. I'm wondering who comes next though and if it would be worth it to spend my remaining assisted captures and extra energy for her if it doesn't work out naturally
>>
>>3602518
The only particularly high-priority SF after Alchemist is Agent who will come 4 months later. Getting Alchemist is definitely recommended if you have the stockpile.
>>
>>3602562
that's good, I've been waiting for an important leader so resources aren't a problem.
>>
File: 018.png (3.29 MB, 1673x2467)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB PNG
Hey shikikans, I realize it's already been translated by someone else many months ago, but I promised I'd translate it myself and I didn't feel like the quality of the translation was quite enough for it, finally got around finishing it.
https://exhentai.org/g/2090388/7d2c12a530/
Good luck getting Alchemist!
>>
>>3603869
That was a cute read, thank you
>>
Anime soon
>>
File: FHi7UpQXsAcJf0s.jpg (594 KB, 2319x3356)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>
https://youtu.be/2i4WHoSdJZU
>>
File: 104.png (1.7 MB, 1000x1771)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>3603869
Blessed. Any interest in tackling the aningay 4koma series? The majority is untranslated, untypeset, or both. (Unless it's up somewhere I don't know about)
>>
>>3610723
That would be nice. It's hard to come by those translated.
>>
Signal Flare seems really good for echelons with evasion focused and non-offensive SMGs. Any real downsides?
>>
>>3614064
The effect stacks, so it is preferred for all non-offensive HGs and SMGs, yeah. However, evasion is not really the biggest factor in the most difficult battles of ranking etc anymore so you don't really need to chase after a lot of them.

The most game-changing equip to aim for during the rate-up is probably Chips, which give +15 DMG and +25 RoF in the Exo slot for ARs and SMGs (in exchange for -50% Crit Damage). That means it's preferable on pretty much all ARs for night battles, all offensive SMGs, and all ARs who don't self-cap RoF for day battles with a fairy that gives <~25% Crit Damage.

I recommend the 210 210 50 110 recipe which gives also gives a high drop rate for other new equipment.
>>
>>3614108
thanks anon, gonna be focusing on chips for the rest of the rate-up then. Already used up my guaranteed drops for Slap ammo.
>>
>>3614108
>I recommend the 210 210 50 110 recipe which gives also gives a high drop rate for other new equipment.
Thanks oneechan
>>
Poor M21 lol. New ship tho
>>
Who knew Suomi was so wild?
And that she wanted two RFBs
>>
>>3614977
21 spills more spaghetti than a pasta factory.

>>3615023
The first one doesn't really surprise me. The second... I wonder if they are allowed to use dummy links out of combat.
>>
>>3614977
>>3615023
>>3615077
alright, not skipping the event cinematics in that case. You anons make it sound interesting.
>>
sponfeed me please. Out of QJY-88, Lewis and Kord - how would you rank them in terms of importance for the upcoming meta?
>>
>>3616355
I'm not an esports tryhard, but Lewis is great (in the same vein as Negev)

>>3615023
perkele
>>
>>3616355
Kord is extremely meta to the point that she is consistently duped in top 100 rankings for every upcoming major event (Dual Randomness, Mirror Stage, Poincore Reccurance). Incidentally, Dual Randomness is coming this month.

Lewis is top-of-class for multi-volley MGs (i.e. good, but not meta-defining). QJY-88 is pretty much only useful for CE stacking with her armor tiles.
>>
How did yo/u/ like the first episode?
>>
>>3617217
Low budget. Should have done some OVAs instead. I don't know how they're going to stretch chapters 1-6/7 into a 12 episode series.
>>
>>3617217
Haven't watched it yet, any /u/ potential to be found or are we doomed?
>>
>Gentiane icon as ingame present
Kek. Why.
>>
>>3617432
To make /gfg/ seethe of course.
>>
>>3617217
Didn't know it was already out. I'll watch it later.

>>3617445
Especially with how smug she looks.
>>
so how true is the statement that night focused ARSMG chelons will be outdated soon? Will the upcoming ranking still be set at night or is it really over for the likes of AS Val and Groza?
>>
>>3617473
ARSMG of any variety has been outdated for years.
>>
>>3617231
>I don't know how they're going to stretch chapters 1-6/7 into a 12 episode series.

Is it confirmed that's their plan?
>>
>>3617476
I'm just thinking of finally gutting my one single night ARSMG echelon if favor of yet another SGMG one. 14 echelon slots is still not enough.
>>
>>3617509
SGMG is even more outdated though. Also you should tailor your echelons to each ranking map, not just use the same 14 for everything.
>>
>>3617512
>Also you should tailor your echelons to each ranking map, not just use the same 14 for everything.
true but that would require one to stop being a lazy shit
>>
>>3617514
I suggest you learn to use echelon presets
>>
>>3617217
I thought it was alright. I felt sad for the support units . I suspect there will be more dark moments ahead. I just hope we get a decent amount if happy yuri moments.
>>
>>3617428
It's just AR team so far, so the usual M16-oneesan lines. Gentiane starts interacting with Dolls in the next episode, so look forward to that.
>>3617432
Absolutely based. /gfg/ will never recover.
>>
Not sure how I feel about using episode 2 on filler, but at least it was cute.
>>
>>3622264
It was better than ep1 and will probably be the best episode of the series because the first 6 chapters have such a bad story
>>
>>3622267
>better than ep1
Maybe in terms of writing/pacing but the action took a huge hit this episode. What's the fucking point of adapting a videogame if you can't animate the action properly?
>>
>>3622271
That's why it was better, they actually included a character (albeit a poor one) and small arc this episode. Last episode was just a bunch of shitty gun sounds with no meaning.
>>
File deleted.
>>3622271
>>3622278
The action in this anime is pretty stupid, so I think the most we can hope for is more character and less action.
>>
>>3622278
>>3623226
Whie I get the complaint about the animation quality. What does "stupid action" or "gun sounds with no meaning" mean?
>>
>>3623226
Which sucks because the fighting styles for the Sangvis bosses are pretty cool.
>>
>>3623226
this animation is actually pretty good
>>
>>3623226
>male hand
>>
>>3623400
stupid action: action that doesn't feel exciting
gun sounds with no meaning: just gun sounds without the bullets actually doing anything
>>
>>3623400
The action animation and sound effect quality is poor, and the action is in service of a mediocre or non-existent story.
>>
>>3623407
I'm getting flashbacks to Rosen Maiden. Suguintou would be "attacking" by endlessly shooting feathers at everyone, and everyone would be talking while feathers harmlessly rained down around them.

>>3623449
That's a problem inherited from the game's story. I forgot where the plot really starts, but it's quite a few chapters in I think.
>>
>>3623453
Obviously the game's story is bad, I'm not sure what your point is? Does that make the anime better in some way?
>>
>>3623465
Not necessarily malke the anime better, but it's a necessary evil, maybe. FGO did skip to when the story "got good"(Babylonia and Camelot), but there's complaints that non players can't get the full emotional weight of some moments, and I do wonder how much it's flaws in adaptation of the chapters themselves and how much it''s a falw of the very idea of skipping ahead instead of starting from the beggining, and not adapting necessary set up
I don't know if skipping ahead'd have been a wise choice either. And if it's a problem inherent to the game, then a better staff who can animate it better'd still have the same issue. I do wonder what ideas people have for a decent GFL anime that doesn't need people playing the game
>>
>>3623783
The manga already does a good job of organizing the early events of the game into a coherent story.

Episode 2 of the anime deviated from the manga to introduce Gentiane earlier and adapt Ch.1 of the game (the tutorial, as the dialogue noted, which the manga skipped). Of the complains about episode 2 raised in this thread:
>poor action
This is a consequence of not having the choreography of the manga to use as a base for the action sequences
>filler story
Again, a consequence of breaking the narrative focus (on M4 and the AR team) set up in episode 1, unlike the manga

On the other hand, there are some practical advantages to introducing/emphasizing Gentiane early and covering the game's Ch1, such as the overall pacing of the anime and faithfulness to the game.

IMO, if people complain about episode 3 (which will rejoin the story of the manga) they were never gonna enjoy the anime with this budget anyway. Episode 2 is just one episode; it might have its pros and cons but there's no point getting stuck on the fine details.

Anyway, new manga chapter is out:
https://mangadex.org/title/f677ba49-3348-4922-a772-f402a8aa0fb7/girls-frontline
Also, Dual Randomness starting next week. Here's the PV:
https://twitter.com/GirlsFrontlineE/status/1482915442952130560
>>
File: paldiski.jpg (206 KB, 1814x2021)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>shattered connexion is a campaign now
Nice.
>>
>>3623818
Is it DEFY focused? That PV is a little abstract.
>>
File: 1391ow.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>3625221
We're following up on Ch 13 which ended with M4 being teleported away together with M16 and the rest of SF, so DEFY are the leads for half the story, yeah.

Dual Randomness also happened to be the source for the "DEFY in suits" theme/meme.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.