[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: YagaKimi 3D Render.jpg (489 KB, 1500x1125)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
A thread to discuss any personal yuri creations you're currently working on or have ideas for, and to get feedback and advice from other anons. Tell us what you're making!

This includes but is not limited to:
>yuri stories (note that fanfiction has it's own dedicated thread)
>yuri video games
>yuri comics
>yuri card games
>yuri 3D modeling and/or printing
>yuri graffiti
>yuri food
>using deep learning to construct two sentient female AI and setting them up on a blind date

Note that all the normal board rules still apply, e.g. no hetshit, etc.
Some previous threads, in case your interested in past projects that have been posted:
>>3455603
>>3426804
>>3378038
>>
File: 1626905911412.png (3.76 MB, 1518x2150)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB PNG
>>
File: 1617927371750.jpg (217 KB, 1000x1473)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>
File: 1540221382881.webm (1.56 MB, 256x224)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB WEBM
>>
File: Spoiler Image (210 KB, 1263x937)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>
>>3616104
I remember that. Too bad it was never finished.
>>
File: Yuri 5.png (1.24 MB, 1416x672)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
I'm writing a book in my head that will never actually be written due to a lack of skill, confidence and energy to actually make it happen but here's what it's about;

>A girl is madly in love with her older twin sister who is about to be released from a 3 year confinement at a juvenile rehabilitation center for nearly killing someone.
>Problem is that her sister already got a girlfriend while in gay baby jail who's scheduled to be released a week after she is!
>Due to having nowhere else to go, the older twin convinces their mother to let her live with them for the time being.
>The girlfriend is a very shy and nervous girl who's suffering from various traumas due to a life time of abuse and neglect but is putting in an effort to get better and not let her past ruin her, with the help from her girlfriend.
>The younger twin is initially consumed by a guilty jealousy that this new girl has such a special relationship with the sister she loves so much but gradually comes to appreciate and approve of her inclusion into their family.
>Eventually this affection turns into romantic love, which her sister and the girlfriend catch onto and offer up the idea of them forming a polyamourus relationship. The younger twin agrees and they spend the next two thirds of the books having lovey dovey gay romantic dates and adventures in their small rural town.
This is totally not just based off a Danganronpa fanfiction I wrote.
>>
>>3616808
I liked it until the poly.
>>
What's a good tipping point for an incestuous romance? Like the point where the MC or LI realize that their love for the other runs deeper than it really should.
>>
>>3616809
Too bad, poly is the solution to love triangles!
>>
>>3616098
Can barely tell that was a render until I looked at the file name. If it wasn't for the too-perfect lighting/shadow I wouldn't have even thought about it. There are even scratches on the CD jewel case. Simulated yuri is getting too real.

>>3616104
That's cool even if it will never be more than a short animation.

>>3616810
I'm partial to any rising action built on will-they-won't-they tension. Set it off by a single accidental brush of physical contact. Maybe she catches her sister's eye at that moment, revealing a surprised but hungry look, and then take it from there based on their personalities.
>>
>>3616809
No reason to have a sister if you're not gonna fuck both her and her gf.
>>
>>3616826
Fooling around with another girl when you have a loving sister is the vilest shit you can do, far worse than just cheating on your wife
>>
>>3616907
This.
>>
>>3616812
An even better to solution to love triangles is to not include them in the first place!
>>
>>3616944
Or to just accept that suffering is a natural part of love. Relationships don't always work out and that's just part of life. Better to cry over it and then find someone else than chase after a impossible love your whole life.
>>
>>3616907
>>3616918
No reason you can't have both.
>>
>>3616907
What if you cheat on your sister with your sister?

>>3616970
Or poly, also works.
>>
>>3616944
>>3616809

Or just let people write what they want to write.
You can read what you want to read.
To me this reads a lot like, stop liking stuff that I don't like.
>>
>>3616814
>rising action built on will-they-won't-they tension
I can understand that, hell I've seen it used with some success when it comes to board content. I just-I'm puzzled over how to reach such a point when coming from say an older sibling/cousin, aunt, or mother pov. What would be enough of a push for them if the person trying to get with them was someone they either saw or helped grow into an adult? I suppose being acknowledged as an adult and completely shifting away from parent/guardian+child into adult friends is one thing. Going from that into prospective girlfriend is harder territory if the pov's not from the younger woman's pov.
>>
>>3617187
All I said was that I liked it until the poly.
>>
>>3617196
If you're making the story from the older one's point of view then you can incorporate flashbacks/ memories into the story, or just present the two's chemistry by referencing their past to build on how their relationship has been changing and focus on the tension it has created. Sayuri-san's little Sister is an Angel has the perfect perspective to it and you should read that to draw inspiration. Or just go for the no holds barred route and read Anally Developed By My Niece to see how a relationship can be sparked by just about anything you can think of.
>>
>>3617265
I'll give Little Angel a read through, though as I thinking on it more: I suppose what I'm reaching for is a common thread. Like neglected wife being co-opted for the mom if it was from the daughter's pov. Something that's maybe a further step back. Suppose the kicker could be something simple like the daughter unknowingly being her mom's type and it's slowly excavating feelings without the daughter being aware.
>>
How do you suppose a story similar to Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket would work if it has two girls as the main characters and yes, fall in love?
>>
>>3618153
gundam yuri does sound like a fun idea.
>>
Does anyone have any yuri 3d print projects they worked on or had made? I'm curious if anyone modeled anything that takes more than basic skills or automated free software to tweak existing art. The most I could manage to do myself is take a 2d image and print a simplified outline or turn it into a lithophane.
>>
>>3618278
> turn it into a lithophane
I would like to see a yuri lithophane.
>>
>>3618153
Cross Ange could have been this if they didn't add the needless male. But yes, that does sound fun.
>>
File: jyuichi_lewd.jpg (2.11 MB, 2770x3500)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
Sorry if this is not allowed here, as it's fanart. I've been working on a High school AU for Girlymatsu from Oso-san, most of the things I've posted have subtext on it but I have more risky stuff that I cannot post in my usual plataform. So here it goes. (not digitalized yet, sorry for the shitty quality)
>>
>>3618274
>>3618671
"Fun" is not a word I'd use to describe 0080.
>>
File: bleh.jpg (214 KB, 1024x768)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>3616098
I'm the one who made that render. Honestly a bit surprised someone bothered to save it. Maybe it'll motivate me to get back to work on doing the entire room.

I got frustrated because I couldn't get the wood on the doors to look right and kinda stopped working on it.
>>
>>3619105
Keep working anon
>>
>>3619105
What did you make the render with? I was looking into it and it isn't as complicated as I thought to make a room model into a VR space.
>>
>>3619105
Not bad at all! You did great work with the textures. But the room is considerably wider than that, if you examine the backgrounds in chapters 9 and 22, and the door is closer to the middle, among some other details to polish. Hope you'll keep at it
>>
File: 04_178.jpg (434 KB, 1441x2048)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>3619142
I'm using an ancient free beta release of the FStorm render plugin for 3ds Max 2017 (which is the last version of Max supported by the installer). Extremely barebones in terms of features, but all the important stuff is in there and what's missing can mostly be made up for using brute force.

>>3619212
Nakatani is actually pretty lazy when it comes to this stuff, and the layout and dimensions of the room varies significantly between chapters. Stuff like the number of shelves and drawers on the various pieces of furniture changes a bunch too, sometimes even from panel to panel. The anime is even worse in that regard.

I'm using the "official" room plan provided in the Volume 4 extras as a base, scaled to fit standard Japanese sizes for the bed and doors.
>>
>>3619105
>>3619236
What was the issue you ran into with the doors if you don't mind me asking? I don't know anything at all about modelling but from your picture it feels like they might just be tad too glossy.
>>
>>3619474
I'm actually fine with the glossiness, most woods are significantly more glossy than people suspect, especially when they're on the darker side. In this scene the doors are actually slightly less glossy than the desk, but it isn't immediately obvious because the wood on the desk is significantly lighter and not directly facing the window. If anything, I'd say the diffuse component is the problem here.

Shit will look fine from one angle, then look like total garbage from another. Only way around that are frequent test renders, which can take up a ton of time. I'm on pretty dated hardware at this point and it's just demoralizing to feel like I've gotten nowhere after an hour spent alternating between working and twiddling my thumbs waiting for shit to finish rendering.

The reasonable thing to do would be to work on another part of the scene, but I tend to just get pissed off and do something else entirely :-/
>>
File: vQuffNR.png (804 KB, 1024x768)
804 KB
804 KB PNG
>>3619492
I brought up the glossiness because (again from a dumbo layman pov) it felt like what might be off is that the light bouncing too uniformly off the wall-door combo leaving some sort of subconscious sense that despite differing texture and light reflection it feels like a uniform material, though looking at it again, I feel like what might actually be bothering me in that regard is the color uniformity of the light. Dunno how reflections work in 3DCG, can you adjust the hue of reflected light for a texture independent of the stored material property or is it set?

Edited pic related? I seriously no idea what I'm talking about.

>The reasonable thing to do would be to work on another part of the scene, but I tend to just get pissed off and do something else entirely :-/
I know that feel. Should just move on to a different page of a project but instead spend several hours across several weeks trying to get a hand or face shape to look right.
>>
Currently outlining a web serial? (Just gonna post it to ao3 or spacebattles or something) named Laney Just Can't Get A Girlfriend!

As the title implies, Laney is very, very gay, and very, very smol, and very, very lonely. Thus begins her marvelous lesbian adventure. The opening scene is her begging her parents to send her to the countries biggest and most presdigitasous (this is why I have a beta) all girls high school, second only to the mixed gender school. Then humping her pillow after success.

Her antics eventually winds up with a decent chunk of the school both fawning and fighting over her, with her the oblivious eye of the storm.

What I got so far, still writing out some possible love interests, especially the reoccurring ones. Very much a protest against slice of life comedy yuri that either only has subtext or baits audiences and no overt yuri and lewds.
>>
>>3620103
How useless is she as a lesbian?
>>
>>3620104
Completely and utterly. So obvious yet so oblivious.
>>
>>3620103
How smol is she?
>>
>>3620109
Nice, I'd get lots of second hand embarrassment then.
>>
File: 1615917574070.gif (1.84 MB, 800x800)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
Is anon who made this still alive?
>>
File: less bleh_b.jpg (550 KB, 2048x1536)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
>>3619918
I think what's bothering me the most is how clean and plasticky it looks. IIRC the house is her grandma's and the doors and stuff have probably seen better days.

I've already fiddled around with the doors today and ended up with something a little rougher looking that I'm more or less happy with for now. I'll probably redo the floor over the weekend.
>>
>>3620347
Is that from "my dragon gf"?
>>
>>3619105
It’s hard to believe this is a render and not a picture
>>
>>3620185
Shortest in the school: 4' 3, the next shortest girl has three inches on her and is a full year younger, so a pretty big deal to her. Expect relentless teasing and bullying.
>>
File: whenwilltheylearn.png (1.25 MB, 983x1324)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>3620757
4'3? That's shorter than the average 8-year-old. She's 40 cm shorter than the average 16-year-old (who is 5'6). If she doesn't grow 7 inches she'll be classified as a dwarf. If she meets Danny Devito she needs to stand on a pile of 24 iPads (7.5 mm thick) to look him in the eye. If she wants to use normal chairs and tables she'll need to sit on someone's lap. She'll be walking around the school with her face at breast-level. If any classmate wants to do something to her she'll be powerless to resist.
>>
>>3620757
We haven’t had actual dwarf yuri before
>>
>>3620833
You say that like it's a problem.
>>
>>3620840
I don't view them as problems, but as opportunities.
>>
>>3620833
These are all positives.
>If she meets Danny Devito
That would be a neat cameo. Maybe he can be a supportive relative.
>>
>>3620833
>>3620848
Yes but what about those athletic girls who are unusually tall? Would she be breast-level or lower and how easy would it be for them to view her as a cute little thing?
>>
>>3620833
>>3620838
>>3620855
Exactly.

>>3620854
Also, seriously considering changing her last name to Devito. Right now I have it as Montana...
>>
>>3620855
If she meets a 1m90 woman she'll be right at pussy level
>>
>>3620895
Sounds like the headmistress if anon thought that far ahead
>>
>>3620896
Nah, not into that, but there is the head of the disciplinary committee who is entitled to and generously dishes out corporal punishment, a three separate senior senpais in the student council (president, treasurer, and vice president who is the "d'waa okay bwass!" lackey trapped between the former two) who sabotage each other politically, and her main bully, the "eternal rival" and "main antagonist," is 7' tall even and is the third strongest girl in school, behind the delinquent mob/gang boss and super athletic and passionate shonen "protagonist."
>>
File: less bleh_e.jpg (640 KB, 2048x1536)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>3620728
New floor. Not sure what I'll do next. Probably the bed.
>>
>>3620902
>7 feet
>>
>>3621976
Looking pretty great.
>>
File: angel.jpg (62 KB, 681x960)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
So, is been four year i`m trying learning to drawn properly but still don`t get the level i want, any recommendation?
>>
>>3621978
>high-heels
Cheating
>>
>>3621998
it's pretty good for a child's drawing of a zombie bird demon
>>
>>3621998
>i`m trying learning to drawn properly
What are you doing to learn? The traditionally most effective/quick way (and most soul crushing) tends to be to just sit down and force yourself to draw real objects and people for X amount of time every day, trying not to draw "a flower" but the specific flower in front of you, how its unique petals are shaped, etc. Then while doing those regular drawings, read the theory stuff (art books, etc.) on concepts (perspective, line, shape, etc.) and try and use the techniques and ideas discussed in them to make those regular drawings easier, more accurate, etc.

You can also just draw lots. Of a bunch of different sorts of things, not just different anime girls. Especially stuff you think is too complicated or difficult to draw. And instead of worrying for hours or days about how you can't get some small part right, draw it wrong, think about what was wrong about it, and try to do it better in the next drawing.

Also, don't "sketch" your drawings, using lots of little short lines to make the big lines you're having trouble with, force yourself to just use the single long line. It's better for your line development long term.
>>
>>3621998
Read Keys to Drawing
>>
>>3621998
I don't want to doompost but if you've been praciting for 4 years and this is your best example to post then you have just been wasting your time.
There's a right way to learn anything, from drawing to learning a new language, there's the braindead bruteforce way and the more complex but effective way, you need to learn how to learn, might sound annoying at first but there's way more results to show on the long run.
>>
>>3622096
>learn how you learn
ftfy
>>
>>3622096
Don’t be mean
>>
>>3620833
>That's shorter than the average 8-year-old
Maybe she IS an average 8-year-old
>>
>>3621998
How old are you anon?

I can guide you depending on your answer.
>>
>>3622136
Quite the opposite, do be mean, it's the only way people will hear what they need to hear.
>>
>>3622019
Solid advice. Thank you.
>>
I have a setting for a yuri story I'd like to create but the problem I'm having is that the setting would force my story to take place in Japan with Japanese characters and I don't know how well I'd be able to pull that off with no real cultural knowledge of Japan outside of my setting. I don't want to be cringe.
>>
>>3622227
What about the setting requires Japan? It can't just be in a pseudo-Japanese, fictional eastern setting?
>>
>>3622230
It's Japanese women's professional wrestling. Their system of training and performing is a lot different than anywhere else in the world it's hard to imagine it being set anywhere else.
>>
File: 1630008382152.jpg (68 KB, 592x720)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>3616098
I wrote quite a few short fictions (for personal reading only) in the past and now I'm working on a longer one with yuri in it that I actually plan to display. As I'm 3/4 through what I would consider the minimum amount of chapters before starting to serialize it, a few questions appeared in my mind: How difficult is /u/fiction to gain traction in major isekai-malemc-dominated sites like RoyalRoad? Also, should I mainly advertise it as "yuri" or "lesbian" or "LGBT fiction" since the readers are going to be westerners? I'm giving this publishing thing an attempt before throwing the schedule out of the window and just going back to writing occasionnally, so any further advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>3622235
Spacebattles love /u/ and usually try to force it on authors
RoyalRoad has some /u/ stories but they don't really chart high unless it's from a popular author.
>>
>>3622231
So start drafting it and then when you aren't sure about some specific cultural point, look into it, or ask people who might have vague knowledge. Or write it anyway not worrying about that and ask for feedback on that specific point.

It's not like everyday Japan is some alien planet, it's only going to be cringe if you write some weird uguu-tier parody of Japan. Just write it like a normal story and even if you get some "well-known" cultural thing wrong, like walking around in shoes indoors, or eating some full American breakfast, or addressing someone just met by their given name; someone who recognizes that mistake is just going to go "Well that's wrong" not "Wow, this writer is fucking cringe!"
>>
>>3622236
That's great to know, thanks. I'm actually not very knowledgeable about active fiction publishing sites other than scribble hub, Wattpad, RR, ao3, and ink*tt so I'm still looking around where to post my novel once it's ready.
>>
>>3622235
>in major isekai-malemc-dominated
Does that mean it's not yurisekai?
>>
>>3622240
It doesn't hurt to just post it everywhere desu, I've seen a few authors that will post their updates on spacebattles, royal road and scribblehub simultaneously. The only thing you need to worry about is I believe one of Amazon's self publishing programs requires you to remove all free sources of your story before you can publish it.
>>
>>3622241
It's not, but I actually considered adding some LitRPG-ish stat system to make the novel more attractive in RR, the setting is sort of dystopian in a way, so it's not such an outlandish concept to add.
>>
File: 215059.jpg (88 KB, 400x500)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>3622243
I just want one properly yuri isekai.
>>
>>3622244
What's stopping you from making it yourself? It's never too late to follow /u/ dreams
>>
>>3622251
No good ideas and being bad and ongoing narratives.
>>
>>3621976
This is amazing, sister. I can't tell at all, although I'm quite ignorant in computer graphics. I showed this to a friend who works in the field, asking "picture or render?" I'll transcribe his comments just in case you might find them useful:

In the room render, you can see too much detail and everything is too perfect. There's no lens distortion nor chromatic aberration. In the table render, the edge of the metallic part of the console is too perfect, too straight; there should be some kind of imperfection instead of a perfectly straight line.

He also said it's amazing anyway and he only noticed because I asked so he took a closer look. And he asks if you do the modeling too.
>>
>>3622570
>There's no lens distortion nor chromatic aberration.
Good. No need to make people's eyes bleed.
>>
>>3622570
These are all test renders I made during the process of material creation. I wasn’t planning on posting them anywhere until I happened to come across this thread one day. Aside from a little sharpening they’ve had zero post production work done to them.

I do everything myself though, including the modeling.
>>
>>3623602
Anyone competent would have come up with clams instantly. Still, it isn't like making that distinction now would save the trash that someone who can't even write a sentence would end up making anyway.
>>
>>3623968
Do you think the userbase of this board gets switched out/brainwashed monthly and can't remember your dumb bait after the ten times you've reposted it?
>>
>>3619024
Sex toys fucking disgusting
>>
>>3624284
Looking at worlds end harem that's what anon is saying
>>
>>3624465
>>
>>3624494
Yeah that's literally just the plot of Y: the last man, just a troll, report and ignore
>>
>>3624670
>they realize what a fucking mistake you were and feel bad about ever having you.
they probably already do
>>
>>3624660
I'm going to be frank why are you posting here? This is a board for Yuri. Meaning girls x girls. Take that last man shit to /h/ or /d/
>>
>>3622251
>>3622244
What are the elements that would form a good isekai anyway? Obviously there's some parts that are just true of any story (likeable characters and so on). But I wonder what genre-specific features build a good series.

I feel like some balance of seriousness and power level is a big one. Either the otherworlder has to be relatively balanced, or it has to be a comedy series where being OP isn't taken seriously, like Slime 300 years or 3Kuma.
Magic/power system is also a big one I think, interesting powers with firm laws used in interesting ways to overcome obstacles.
And then maybe setting aesthetic? Almost every isekai uses the same standardized fantasy setting that's basically just Europe with magic. How necessary is that to it feeling like a part of the genre and not some sort of awkward hybrid. Like if you set a story in a prehistoric jungle, would it still come across as isekai or would sufficiently diverging from the RPG standard make it feel like a hodgepodge?

I also wonder what the balance is between familiarity and originality in general. Would a super derivative, generic isekai with all the cliches and tropes, but executed really well end up better than really original, innovative take on the genre, but done sort of mediocre? Could you produce a likable version of isekai just by taking the genre standard approach but putting in explicit yuri?
>>
>>3624804
I don't know why you typed all this when I think that anon just wants a bog standard isekai but yuri
>>
>>3624811
Yeah I figured that, but it made me curious exactly what you'd need to make a "good" one.
>>
>>3616810
>>3617196
>>3617378
One ingredient that might help the setup is for the two of them to meet again after a long separation while the younger one becomes an adult. That creates a natural tension from the older one having to find a new way to relate to this person she thought she already knew.

Some kind of shared adversity could force them out of their predetermined family roles, and into a situation where they depend on each other more and more. Maybe circumstances force the older one to depend a lot on the younger?

If the ages are fairly close you could also go with the classic Elsanna route: the older girl catches feelings as she herself grows up, then nurses a massive guilt complex about it for years until circumstances and/or the younger girl's actions disrupt the status quo.
>>
>>3624853
The shared adversity definitely could be a good route to go, though what type of adversity requires some thought. My initial idea involves a separation and change of identity for the mom and the daughter unintentionally runs into her like five to ten years later. Daughter's just being her friendly self and making sure the milf in her building is doing alright, and rather quickly she pieces together that the milf looks oddly familiar. Too familiar and then gets hit by the big shocking reveal when she sees something distinctive on the mom's torso.
>>
>>3624764
To troll, of course. Just stop falling for it
>>
>>3624804
I'd say the genre defining element of an isekai is the culture shock, which the reader gets to feel through the experiences of the MC. So a good isekai would build an interesting culture and then let you explore it through characters and plots that lean on the differences in world knowledge of the MC and the locals. Everything else you said is mostly accessory unless you truly want to follow the current fad of RPG-based worlds.
>>
>>3622195
30, holly
>>
>>3625137
When's the kickstarter?
>>
>>3625137
Call it the Lilith gene and I'm solid.
>>
>>3625329
I'm an idiot for not thinking of that and now it's 6969%
>>
>>3624804
depends on what you want to write, don't get too hung up on what others do.
Sword Art Online is very popular, though I wouldn't call it great.
Immitating it would be a bad idea.
Just think what makes a world interresting
What makes characters in it interresting
You can write a raunchy harem, comedy; as long as it is interesting to read what and why characters do stuff.
I mean I read a manga simply about a tower trying not to crumble and it was one of the most gripping things I read
("hotel" if you want to read it)
>>
>>3625220
Ok. Draw cats. Once you can draw cats well enough draw humans.
>>
>>3625220
Just give up
>>
>>3625491
>most of life left
>give up on something
Anon is trying to learn to draw, not trying to be an Olympic gymnast.
>>
>>3625220
Draw more, post it here.

Or lern to draw pose by drawing stickman first.
>>
>>3625220
Ignore >>>3625491 anon, keep drawing and never give up, unless you have terminal illness.
Drawing is just that kind of skill that has a very steep learning curve, and you will not be satisfied with your drawing until the end 10% of your learning curve.
>>
>>3625557
Based on the suspiciously similar writing style from most of these posts I think these anons just share a mental illness.
>>
>>3625561
Take your meds
>>
>>3625492
Well, clearly enough, anon is already drawing. But if the goal is to draw well and that's the starting level at 30, then the forecast is not sunny.
>>
>>3625662
That makes zero sense, starting age is largely irrelevant. Francesco Francia began painting when he was nearly 40. Anon hasn't spent 30 years trying to draw, they've spent a few years practicing poorly. They could make significant progress in a very short time by just altering the way they are practicing.
>>
>>3625662
My grandpa started drawing after retiring in his late 50s and he eventually got good enough to have his work featured in exhibitions. After he died my grandma sold a whole bunch of his works for 4 figure sums, too.
>>
>>3625786
>Francesco Francia blah blah
>>3625854
>My grandpa blah blah
Did I ask for ridiculous anecdotes?
>>
>>3625966
>I have no counter-argument but desperately need to save face
>>
>>3626055
Anon is fucking with you and you're just like, "yes, you can do anything if only you believe, sweetie!"
>>
>>3626314
>"Yes, you can learn to draw if you actually practice!"
Correct.
>>
Anons who draw/doing whatever things posted here mostly doing it for fun. Now I ask drawanon one important question:

Do you enjoy practicing drawing? Or do you enjoy drawing at all?
>>
>>3626508
Other anon here,
>>3625137 gave you a very good way to essentially keep the same plot but with only a female population.
You don't have to add a new mechanic.
This Adam gene is just a way for people to at least have a chance of having children. This explains why everyone is obsessed with the protagonist.
This would even work if the protagonist having the gene is just a rumor. Or even more dark the Adam gene itself being nothing more then a fabrication.

If you don't think your game will work without het, fine. Just don't post it on /u/!
>>
>>3626651
>gave you a very good way to essentially keep the same plot but with only a female population
Didnt already Say it was only female population already?
>You don't have to add a new mechanic.
This Adam gene is just a way for people to at least have a chance of having children.
The problem is that i wanted the World to a sad, angry And depraved wasteland About to break due to the death of mankind if there was a bunch of women that can Basically prevent this I don't think is gonna work.

>This would even work if the protagonist having the gene is just a rumor.
Well i was think thats the Fem mc was going to be An elderly anti hero si idk if she would fit that roll With that story.
>Or even more dark the Adam gene itself being nothing more then a fabrication.
Mmmm, maybe the idea of a proyect kinda like so they can make Babies again And stop the virus like it was before but in the end fail could work.
Maybe whe could developer in that idea futher.
>>
>>3626651
>If you don't think your game will work without het, fine. Just don't post it on /u/!
How many times i have to Say it doesnt have het, for You to get it?
>>
Anons what's a good way to implement eldritch stuff? Like protags calling upon powers that should not be, demanding things from such horrors in the name of love, and all that.
>>
>>3626316
How's that working out for you?
>>
>>3627156
Pretty well.
>>
>>3626940
Say it won't have men and you're golden
>>
>>3627424
It won't have mens, except Reference to them once the game has started
>>
>>3627151
Read some lovecraft
>>
>>3616098
I really want to write more 40k yuri because I feel like that's a shockingly underserved market. I'm not super well-versed in the lore, but I was considering something between a battle-hardened Sororitas vet and an Imperial noble daughter and closeted psyker traveling a war-torn hive world. Any advice on how to do this? I've never really tried to write a long-term fic before.
>>
>>3627498
Well you have a lot of leeway with 40k, the universe is purposely broad and expansive to facilitate many different and often player-made settings and cultures. I'd read a SoB codex and brush up on some wiki articles if you're worried about lore stuff.
If you're worried about something long you could always start by writing a shorter self-contained story. If you like how it goes you could make a longer version of it, sort of like a pilot.
>>
>>3627498
Who’s gonna read it? The average 40k fans I know are not gonna read lesbian fanfic
>>
>>3627478
>Won't have men
>Except it will
Getting mixed signals here anon. Reference them how? And I swear to madoka it better not be about some solitary male that women captured or some other nonsense like that
>>
>>3627614
Don't reply to that idiot. It's exactly that shit and we constantly tell him how to fix it and he straight out refuses with a paper-thin defense. It's basically spam at this point.
>>
>>3627628
What kind of person comes to /u/ to troll the personal projects thread, of all threads
>>
>>3627632
He shitposts all over the place, it's the same retard who namefags as "straight male" and who constantly has spergy meltdowns about fujoshi in the general thread.
>>
>>3627614
refer to it in dialogue Aka: " i remmber when all this happen, i was with My uncle" "i miss My dad", etc.
>>
>>3627628
I just get 2 proportions and both were the same.
>>
>>3627537
pretty much just others on the /u/ 40k thread, lol. small audiences might even be better bc there's less pressure to get things right
>>3627532
good to know, I always worry that I don't really get the setting because there's too much of it
>>
Any advice on writing a relationship where one girl is manipulating the other? like what traits or mannerisms should a manipulative person exhibit? Don't worry, I swear it has a happy ending.
>>
>>3628563
What manner of manipulation and how 'open' is it?
>>
>>3628563
"No sex unless you clean my apartment"
I dunno.
>>
>>3628564
Positive reinforcement I guess.
>>3628565
That's torture.
>>
>>3628567
You got the characters nailed down? If not, might I suggest a praise kink in the one being manipulated? Make the manipulator a guiding hand that helps them along the way and while she didn't intend to fall in love with her pawn. Alas she does, so she raises the pawn to not just be /a/ queen but /her/ queen to the manipulator's king.
>>
>>3628600
Yeah, that's more or less what I'm going for. The manipulator masking herself as someone competent, mature and caring while in fact she's broken, and she ends up falling for her "victim", who's more naive but also more outgoing and secure.
>>
>>3628753
What sets it apart from kitanai kimi ga ichiban kawaii, or other series that have a similar dynamic?
>>
>>3628764
Damnit anon, now I gonna have to read that. Well, what fucks up the manipulator is a near death experience, and it also deals with traumas and religious themes. The other girl also gains more friends and responsibilities so choosing to go help her sweetheart ain't an easy decision. I hope that's enough make it feel a bit different.
>>
>>3628753
>>3628781
You could also have the love interest be only confident in the one thing she's really good at and the manipulator helps her grow beyond and outside of that. This within a school setting or outside of that?
>>
>>3628836
Outside, totally outside, they're all adults. Thanks for the recommendations btw, helps me to organize my gay thoughts and ideas.
>>
>>3628945
If they're all adults I take it they're, at most, within five years of each other. Is the manipulator in a higher career position than her pawn or are they on an even field and the manipulator's just more experienced?
If you don't mind me asking; what is the solidifying moment of trust for the pawn? That one moment where she starts, consciously or otherwise, holding the manipulator's opinion in higher regard than the rest of her peers?
>>
>>3628959
I'm not quite sure about the age gap,5-7 sounds okay . And yes, the manipulator is on a much better position, the pawn might be legally an adult but also cliche sad past happened and she couldn't graduate from high school.
>That one moment where she starts, consciously or otherwise, holding the manipulator's opinion in higher regard than the rest of her peers
When she throws away what her mother taught her to please her sugar mama.
>>
>>3629234
I see, I see. So those around the pawn might be wary of the manipulator or might-well not fooled, but might find it odd that the manipulator is taking such an active interest if it gets to such a point.
>mother taught her to please her sugar mama
I suppose? I mean yes that definitely sounds like it but...hmm I suppose I'm curious about when said pawn considers the manipulator a close friend or confidant. You know, walking fully into the spider's parlor and all that.
>>
Anybody wants to make an age gap romance comic with me? I'll be the artist, I just need a writer.
>>
>>3621998
My 9 year old sister draws better than you, no joke. Start with drawing simple geometric forms and still life. Look up guides on human proportions etc.
>>
>>3629243
What degree of age gap are we dealing with here? I don't get out of bed for anything less than a 10 year gap.
>>
Any idea on how to handle a big battle scene? Like a commander of a defensive force in an invasion? I'm leaning towards something on the shorter side but when I think about the scope a commander would have, I end up leaning towards something a bit longer. I know how I'm gonna want it to end, but it's getting there that causes me to scratch my head
>>
>>3629243
What, something like a 4 year old and a 30 year old?
>>
>>3629500
Read about real battles and commanders.
>>
>>3629243
how long is the comic, and how big is the age gap?
>>
>>3629500
Do you want it to be "cinematic" or the way battles are actually described?

The latter is usually like this:
>The forces of the Onee-sama Alliance arrived first and during the night built hasty fortifications atop a small hill to bolster defenses facing the wide plain upon approach. The center column consisted of ten regiments of regular Lily Musketeers headed by Lieutenant General Miyuki. To the rear of the center column, three regiments of the Fleur Elite Guard surrounded General Etoile. Arrayed on the flanks of the formation were several detachments of light cavalry under the banner of Duchess Amane.
While the hilltop fortification proved defensively superior, a thick fog had covered much of the lowlands in the early morning, which obscured the numbers of the arriving forces of the Yaya Uprising. The rebel forces arranged in three columns, with the artillery forces taking up forward positions under Artillery Commander Chiyo. The central column consisted of twelve regiments of Yayanese forces, with the allied forces of the Tamaofag Confederacy taking positions on either side to the total amount of four regiments a piece.
The battle began with an artillery bombardment which was broken up by the Onee-sama light cavalry. The Yayanese rebels advanced toward the hilltop following the collapse of the artillery column.
Despite the numerical advance of the Yayanese forces, they were poorly trained and ill equipped, leading to significant numerical losses again the wealthy and respected Onee-sama fanatic military.
The tide of battle changed as the light cavalry under Duchess Amane harried Tamaofag flanks, causing the central Yayanese column to overextend. Losses grew significantly and a field retreat was ordered. Finding the advance, Gen. Etoile ordered and advance. The Yayanese forces collapsed, and most perished in the ensuing rout.
Days later, the Yayanese rebels ceded their claims to the Nagisabowl at the second Convention of Miator.
>>
>>3629651
I was shooting for the latter I guess. How I'm imagining it is; is mostly it focusing on a commander as it plays out in front of her and then switches to an enemy squad trying to take out her hardened location. Almost succeeds when reinforcements arrive and announce their presence by taking out one of the enemy ships which distracts the squad long enough for the commander to escape.

Suppose that's two conflicting things that might not work with how I wanna do it. Cause the actual battle stuff was gonna highlight recent changes a big name person did to strengthen defenses of the location.
>>
>>3629656
Have you ever read Lord of the Rings?
https://ae-lib.org.ua/texts-c/tolkien__the_lord_of_the_rings_2__en.htm#3-07
https://ae-lib.org.ua/texts-c/tolkien__the_lord_of_the_rings_3__en.htm#5-06
>>
>>3629662
Not in-depth but I know of it. Suppose that's a good example of what I'm looking for. Thanks, aneue
>>
>>3629665
Yeah, I think it is what might work for you. The way he writes battles is largely a mixture of what an actual account of battle would be and the events of the characters during the battle.
>start by telling of the forces, numbers, and how they are arranged
>devote a few sentences toward their movements
>dive into character stuff that is happening as long as is necessary
>another paragraph to describe the conclusion of the battle

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.