[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 16411622285.jpg (35 KB, 640x640)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Webtoon / Webcomic thread

Previous >>3569336
>>
>>3619065
source?
>>
>>3618592
>>3618582
I thought they were actual twins based on the MC’s initial reaction but the chapters afterwards clarified it
I still don’t fully get the garden and flower thing. They live there, why can’t they pluck some flowers
>>
>>3619070
Hummingbird Effect
>>
My favorite gays were back, for a short time tho ... There's a lot of Yuri manhua getting released, and Tan Jiu seems to have a soft spot for these two so I wonder what's the real reason Tan Jiu stoped drawing 'Their story'
>>
Where/how do you download webtoons incase they get deleted?
>>
>>3619080
The girls live there but they aren't considered people. They are dangerous property. And in their world flowers are probably a special commodity reserved for the wealthy. Could be symbolic since the flower maidens themselves are reserved for the wealthy.
>>
>>3619080
The flower maiden are treated like objects. They are Gisaeng whose only job is to entertain noble with music for example and their body
>>
File: Spoiler Image (155 KB, 850x1260)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
WTF! I'm More Dangerous than you spoilers
>>
>>3619671
how dare they do my girl like this
>>
>>3600251
I know it's a late as fuck reply but I would be wary about the adaptation. Maybe has recently done one yaoi story that ended on sequel bait with absolutely no romantic development. A similar ambiguous ending isn't out of the question there. Also, there's a chance of one of the guys appearing as a side LI.
>>
>>3619671
based teacher ren doing gods work. that girl was annoying as fuck
>>
Emcee? A gameshow host? Really?
>>
Going by the name I thought Straight Girl Trap was going to be stupid and melodramatic as fuck, but the last chapter was one of the sweetest things I’ve ever read. Really hit me in my lesbian adolescence feels.
>>
>>3619945
Which chapter
>>
>>3619951
59 on Bilibili
>>
>>3619961
Just read it, great stuff. But I thought this was a Wednesday release for some reason.
>>
>>3619945
So the straight girl trap ended up not being a straight girl trap?
>>
>>3619972
We still got the MC confessing her love only to end up heart broken storyline, it's just that the love interest is genuinely willing to give it a chance after PLOT which the author(s) themselves said in a chapter's afterwords to not expect to happen in the real world
>>
>>3619149
You can find some nyaa links in the previous thread for some downloads, or you can trawl some aggregator sites and use a program like hakuneko to rip them. It's a shame some Webtoons have been removed from their official platforms, I'd love to get my hands on the official translation of "Wish You Were Gone" (It'd be great if you didn't exist), I can only find the fan translation.
>>
>>3620324
It would be nice if we made a document detailing where you can find what stuff, more accessible
>>
>>3620329
Be the change you wanna see.
>>
>>3620330
I've only just gotten into webtoons, so I really don't know where to find any of this stuff. I'm just reading the bilibili stuff atm
>>
File: happy family.jpg (337 KB, 1079x1305)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
I've read up to chapter 41 of Moonlight Garden.

Enjoying it so far and the art seems to have also improved dramatically, but I'm very surprised they're just okay with the MC finding out about the swap. I guess the bigger secret is still hidden so they're fine with it but things turned around really fast from the adversarial relationships from before. With that said, it's still odd to me that MC being so young is making progress finding a cure while a whole country has not been able to crack the curse.
>>
>>3620526
> while a whole country has not been able to crack the curse.
you know that it's forbidden right? and that MC is finding a cure on secret, right?
>>
>>3620535
If it’s forbidden with nobody else attempting it there would be no medical reference material for the MC to use. And if there is really no reference material at all then it’s even more absurd she’s making progress by mixing flower petals
>>
>>3620526
Would you recommend it?
>>
>>3620526
It was also odd Einstein was able to make new discoveries a whole country wasn't able to make. That's the thing with geniuses
>>
>>3620542
Absolutely. The first few chapters were not really to my taste, I couldn’t buy into the setting completely and I was also a bit confused about a few details, but things came together fairly quickly and it has been a great read so far. It’s a completed work too with 90 something chapters so that’s another plus.

>>3620543
Einstein went to school.
>>
>>3620333
>https://pastebin.com/i09uXL8e
This is the last database we had. We already have a "shape", it just needs an update.
>>
>>3620603
Isn't a google doc cleaner to use?
>>
>>3620526
>>3620586
It goes downhill towards the ending and then picks up again. It's some of the most boring chapters imho.
>>
I just finished reading her tale of Shim-Cheong. Man, that was the most intense webtoon I've ever read, and I've read dozens of them. Kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning till end. Solid art all the way through, and I'm all here for women supporting women in a patriarchal world. Speaking of which, I can't remember a single male character that was truly good. A solid 10/10.
>>
>>3620608
This is just a CC. The original was posted on etherpad with better editing.
>>
>>3620636
We need a collage or a website with pictures, and strictly STRICTLY objective descriptions like tags and a short synopsis.
>>
>>3620633
Her Shim Cheong was great and made me look differently at how life was like for women throughout history. I like how the men showed different ways of shittines, the cruel son in law, the old husband marrying a younger bride, the maddona-whore complex priest abusing his power over the community, and lastly the blind father, who both cares for his daughter but also uses her and is weak-willed and who might be the most complex character in the whole work.
>>
>>3620643
Pictures would make it cluttered and not easy to sift trough
>>
>>3620646
It's a visual medium. It's a crime to not give people a preview.
>>
>>3620650
It's not meant as a list to find new stuff to read it's meant as to where to find the links to stuff, you'll probably hear about a webtoon or see it somewhere, get curious, then look into the list where you can read it.
>>
>>3620644
Don't forget the shitty whore of a brother, every other male marine who wanted to get his dirty claws on Cheong, and even the apprentice monks who are already being brought up to think of women as impure. I also haven't seen a more crude representation of how Buddhism is in practice- despite Buddhist teachings not necessarily being that sexist.

But yes, every male character just made my blood boil. It's like male and goodness didn't exist in her tale of Shim-Cheong. But wait, there was the son of the Shamman.
>>
>>3620662
Well it's the culture isn't it, a sexist culture will raise up sexist men, and soldiers wanting to rape women is about the most historically accurate thing you can include, soldiers tended to be the worst human beings possible. It's been a while since I read it so how did they show buddhism in practice?
>>
>>3620526
>a whole country has not been able to crack the curse.

most of those with means / access to work on a cure are profiting off of the current status quo and would work against a cure if they knew about it's development.
>>
>>3620672
Different anon, but Her Shim Cheong was really interesting in its commentary about how society as a whole influences a peaceful religion like Buddhism. Shim Chong was taught by the priest that the cause of her suffering was mainly her fault. Because she was too impure by following any type of femininity, she was at fault for any wrong doing or evilness that occurs. Her being forced to steal and beg to survive? Her fault for not praying and finding redemption. Her wanting to wear nicer clothes? Her fault if men want her. It’s a twisted take in abandonment of desire; the priest tried to raise her to be his ideal type of woman that’s far devolved in any form of “impurity” or sexualization. It’s really just slut shaming in disguise of helping and a very gross savior complex. Interestingly enough, it’s hinted that he even lusted for her when he was watching her change. The priest was just using Buddhism as a cover to keep her to himself. By gaslighting her into almost believing that she wasn’t pious enough to be redeemed, Shim Chong almost fell into his trap. Religion is forged entirely by the society it originates from and the societies it transmigrated to. Korean patriarchy that was instilled thousands of years ago will only show itself in Buddhism, which is quite the display of subversion as most audiences would expect Buddhism to be the saving grace of the characters because of its natural emphasis on charity and kindness.
>>
>>3620690
Isn't letting go of vanity a part of Buddhist teachings though?
>>
>>3620694
It is. But most Buddhist monks would never support the priest’s methods of teaching or his intention. If he wanted her to abandon her vanity out of her own free will, and his true intention was for her to reach happiness then it would follow Buddhist teachings to the core. He wanted her to abandon vanity though, mainly so that she can be his. If she didn’t pursue femininity and autonomy, she would have been bound by guilt and victim blaming forever in some false narrative it would lead her to enlightenment.
>>
Just read Gentle Flutters and it made my day. The story is cute, funny, and sexy at the same time. The artist has style and great sense of humor. An enjoyable short read.
>>
>>3620694
The anon who replied to you explained it very well. Buddhism does frown down on earthly things such as vanity, but because it's a religion that emerges in patriarchal, sexist societies, femininity in the form of a woman dressing up well and wearing make-up is seen as one of the most impure forms of vanity.

Might as well add that Buddhism also teaches to let go of gender roles as the soul is believed to be completely genderless.
>>
>>3620633
Plot wise, that's a really excellent read. This reminds me that there's soo much variety in Yuri manhua, specially if compared to manga ... The last interesting Yuri manga I read was 'handsome girl & sheltered girl' ...
>>
>>3620994
The non-Japanese do seem to like historical settings more than the Japanese, at least the yuri authors.
>>
File: STL191661.jpg (291 KB, 1273x1800)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>3620994
Same here, the same old high school setting is getting really old and boring.

The last good one I read was Otherside Picnic, they're both college students and the plot is really intriguing.
>>
>>3619938
MCs are a pretty big deal over thereKorea tbf, and the term is generally going to refer to hosts of all kinds of non-scripted (or 'non-scripted') shows like talkshows, variety shows, music shows, etc. So it's not THAT weird.
>>
>>3621122
It is weird because the MC doesn't seem like an emcee kind of person, it doesn't fit her personality very well at all.
>>
Does someone know what happened to "Dice Love"?
>>
>>3619146
didnt their publishing company get super anal about censoring yuri so they had to hit the breaks on actually developing their relationship?
>>
https://www.webtoons.com/en/supernatural/muted/s3-episode-116/viewer?title_no=1566&episode_no=116
>>
>>3621599
Does good finally have the upper hand ? I'm guessing not
>>
>>3620643
>collage or a website with pictures
You're asking for too much Unless you're the one doing it yourself. A list with information as in the pastebin + tags is enough.
>>
It’s not narcissism if you’re right
>>
Just finished Season 1 of Moonlight Garden and I'm surprised a certain someone actually dont want the maidens to be cured. I'm sure all this will be explained later, but her willingness to sacrifice Hyewon even knowing a cure might be possible caught me offguard
>>
>Shini:”Did I go overboard?”
>>
>>3622777
This is the only story I paused and currently don't have any real plans to go back to read, yet.
I feel somewhat guilty but it's unfortunately the least gripping out of the webcomics binge I went on in the past month.
>>
>>3622777
And now begins a brutal 30 chapters of angst
>>
>>3622828
That’s good because I love gay angst
>>
>>3622766
delicious drama
>>
someone posted a new chapter of "on a leash" on mangago but then they deleted it some hours after
>>
>>3621094
Well Japan seems to have a fixation with highschool girls ... but then if you look at other genres there's more diversity so I guess Yuri mangakas are just out of ideas or their main public is Highschool girls?

Then again koreans seem to have a thing for BDSM, it's a pretty recurrent subject in manhua. Every country has their fetishes I guess.
>>
>>3623628
I think i'm just going to buy them
I remember saying multiple times, way back in the days, that some day if i could pay a couple dollars for digital yuri then i will
time to actually make good on those words
>>
File: 31_06.jpg (236 KB, 1043x977)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>3623666
Same. If I love the manhwa then I'm happy to support the author. It's also not like the chapters cost a fortune. This manhwa is so good. I wish there were more power couples where both of the women are sexy and badass. Can't wait for these two to fuck like animals in human form. I also love the sweet moments, considering their dynamic
>>
>>3623675
I don't live in USA and the dollar here is expensive. But I would support the author if I could
>>
>>3623856
What currency do you have? In yuropoor it's pretty cheap
>>
>>3622793
I’m really enjoying it, but also because everything happens so fucking slowly, I’m not anticipating reading individual strips daily of gayangst. I’m just gonna come back in a couple of weeks and read it all in one go.
>>
>>3623879
... the euro is stronger than the dollar anon
>>
>>3623890
I like it, it's like my daily bit of yuri
>>
>>3623897
I know, but a chapter is still very cheap. Especially for such a good manhwa
>>
>>3623908
If they have a currency that's much weaker than the dollar it might not be cheap at all, conversion rates and such.
>>
>>3620765
Thanks for posting about this. Just read it and enjoyed it.
>>
>>3621094
Otherside Picnic is great, I'm partway through volume 5 of the light novel right now and loving it
>>
>>3624382
is glasses girl (forgot her name) still as cold as ever when it comes to romantic feelings? The last I read, blondie (also forgot her name) was confessing her feelings
>>
>>3624723
It's been a while since I read the previous volumes but as far as I recall the romance hasn't progressed much since the kiss at the end of 4, Sorawo (the glasses girl) has accepted Toriko's feelings but hasn't really done anything about it as of yet. That might change later on though as I haven't finished yet
>>
>>3623675
I hope OaL comes back.
>>
>>3625627
how long have u been sleeping?
>>
File: oh o no nono.jpg (289 KB, 1069x1611)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
Oh no no no we got too cocky Zhousisters...
>>
>>3625809
>not a goldstar
:(
>>
>>3625824
Maybe she dated a girl so it's ok.
>>
>>3625923
She was already out of the closet when she was living in dorms, so she probably did date a girl
Or maybe I’m mixing up my series here, I read way too much stuff recently
>>
>>3625627
>OaL
?
>>
>>3626268
On a Leash
>>
https://www.webtoons.com/en/supernatural/muted/s3-episode-117/viewer?title_no=1566&episode_no=117
>>
>>3625627
It came back months ago.
>>
File: truth.jpg (123 KB, 594x830)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>3622777
Sauce?
>>
>>3625809
What's this from?
>>
Is Baili Jin Among Mortals any good?
>>
>>3626532
I think LaLa
https://mangadex.org/title/719e258b-e2aa-4f6b-9676-50118ad27f28/lala

>>3626643
and I think this is from Straight Girl Trap
https://mangadex.org/title/0c8abbe9-ae3b-4591-a378-9eaaf9ddec18/straight-girl-trap
>>
>>3626643
Straight girl trap
>>
Is there a novel or something for "I'm more dangerous than you"? The author posted about wattpad but I can't find it
>>
>>3626649
Yes I love it. The first couple of chapters may seem a bit rocky tough, almost in a DeviantArt Tries To Draw Anime type of deal, takes a bit get used to.
>>
>>3626649
It's fun
>>
>>3626685
Apparently it's different from the comic and the killer lady is ugly.
>>
>>3626782
ugly and fat
>>
>>3626880
That changes things

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.