[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 136 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Last Thread: >>3693625
New here? Need a starting point?
Try the /u/ recommendation survey results:
https://pastebin.com/WRpxij2k

Lists of Yuri Games:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri (Generally non-VN games)
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/ (Anything available on Steam with lesbians in it)
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986 (VNs tagged Yuri Only)

Yuri Game CGs:
http://pastebin.com/PXKFuZGh

Related threads:

Genshin/Honkai Impact: >>3690466
Granblue Fantasy: >>3607078
Life is Strange: >>3604807
Saintbomber + RPG Maker gen: >>3595470
Azur Lane: >>3617977
Assault Lily: >>3642731
Neptunia: >>3318873
Arknights: >>3633181
(New) LIly LYric cyCLE: >>3649128
Girls' Frontline: >>3697955

Personal projects thread, for that yuri game you're never going to make: >>3679518
>>
Recent News:

Salome's Kiss released
One Hell of a Week released
Heartbeat released
Demos up for Witchy Life Story and High Elo Girls
>>
File: 1650880554720.jpg (117 KB, 1000x1000)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>3704584
>Potionomics
Looks cute, if only I wasn't so bad at management/economy aspects...
>>
>>3705052
I don't remember the name of the game and I have it uninstalled now but it involved a mansion and overall it felt pretty mediocre even if it didn't have that trash.
>>
>>3704613
>tfw your artistic magnum opus is going to be a VN with heavy yuri elements and also a pro-racism message
There are probably only a dozen people on earth who will appreciate my writing, but I will write it anyway, and that’s all that matters.
>>
>>3705775
Get the MC some long hair and let her have two identical twins as partners in one route and I'm sold. Bonus points for short MC.
Instantly >PreOrdered+SpecialEdition+TwinRouteMerch
>>
>>3705455
>Heartbeat released
Yeah, 4 years ago. You're thinking of Heartstop.
>>
Despite the game's problems, Cyberpunk 2077 has one of the best lesbian romances in an WRPG to date.

It does leave one wanting for more, but even with the content we got, I would rank Judy/Valerie in the top #3 of /u/ vidya game romances.
>>
>>3705819
Is the game in a playable state yet on PC?
>>
>>3705821
Over all, yeah, pretty much.
But i'm used to slav jank, so i've got a high tolerance for glitches and stuff.
You'll be fine, just save often.
>>
>>3705821
Yes, its no GTA but it is playable. People are just upset because they expected GTA but in the future and got Watch Dogs/Saint's Row but with lesbians.
>>
>>3705825
It's more like Human Revolution but open world, I'd say
>>
>>3705834
>V: "I never asked for this."
>>
>>3705834
Nah, human revolution had a thoughtfulness to its environments that cyberpunk doesn't. As well as basically no dumbass ubisoft tier collect these 300 crafting materials strewn about every level nonsense
>>
>>3705454
Had to read Goodbye, my Rose Garden to wash the taste of Salome's kiss out of my mouth.
>>
>>3705839
Ah, but did HR have lesbians? Checkmate.
>>
>>3705825
As I’ve said elsewhere, in an age when everyone’s making mediocre FPSes or soulless Ubisoft-style open world games, CDPR dared to make a game that tried to be both.
>>
>>3705841
Yea but she died.
>>
>>3705681
I found a potion making game with an old tapestries scroll artstyle and merchanting mechanics but it's not yuri (I think)
>>
>>3705825
It is what it is, the Prequel To Mass Effect. This would explain why the Illusive Man is in this game and why V looks identical to Male Shepard.
>>
>>3705844
Judy is always alive. And as for V, the ending is left ambiguous, but hopeful, in The Star ending, which is the ending you should be going for if you're romancing Judy.
V and Judy *will* have their happy ending, damnit!

>>3705846
>Playing Male!V
What the fuck are you doing here? You're playing the game wrong.
>>
>>3705853
>I play male Shep as well
Get out. And never come back.
>>
>>3705853
>Mass Effect doesn't have much yuri
What?
>>
>>3705841
Western AAA lesbians honestly aren't worth shit, I play these games for the actual gameplay or not at all.
>>
It's kinda funny that MaleShep was so bland that the devs made FemShep canon.
>>
>>3705863
>Not caring about lesbians.
Go the /v/, then.
>>
>>3705889
>failing to read
>and write
Maybe you should think about going back to school.
>>
>>3705867
I heard male Shepard's voice a few days ago, and geez does he sound like a whiny fucking nerd. So glad female Shepard got the better voice.
>>
>>3705894
You said you don't care about the lesbians. What other way can you interpret "aren't worth shit"?
>>
File: FSUx-BlUcAAywmA.jpg (71 KB, 800x1066)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>
>>3705821
I played it day 1 and it was playable for me from the start. Though I tend to have some luck avoiding major problems in games for the most part.
>>
Tbh the worst thing about ME from a yuri perspective is that Liara basically became the focus of the fandom to a degree that she eclipses all other yuri ships as far as I've read. Same goes for paragon sheps as I'm only aware of on renegade shep fic of any note. Granted it's a very good fic, even if it does ship the standard femshep x Liara, but I'd still like more of them.

Not being able to romance Tali made me sad when I played the games too. Despite this probably being an unpopular opinion, I think that the default for all NPCs where a wide range of romances is a thing is to make them all playersexual. For the sort of game that gives out that wide range of romances is generally some sort of escapist fantasy with at least some significnat degree of customization and choice, or at least the illusion of it, so I figure it's best for devs to lean into that by not ruining anyone's day by not being able to romance an NPC they like just because of what their avatar is. Choices would matter, obviously, but the only thing your avatar should change is comments on your pairing up assuming the setting makes it notable in any way.

More romance focused games that are intended to be heavy on the plot can delve deep into the full yuri experience. Let the wider scope shit indulge in the fantasy of being able to be a cute girl getting to just pick whatever cute girl happen to like no matter what other players might end up playing and picking.
>>
>>3705925
On the one hand, I like the concept of making a character's sexuality an inherent part of their narrative design (though it doesn't really happen but I digress).

On the other, Tali and Panam.
So yeah, I'd rather playersexual was the norm in games with explicit romance subplots.
>>
>>3705932
Yeah, I love Judy in CP2077 but PANAM, man...

Fuck, it was Rose from FONV all over again.
>>
>>3705902
Yes, about the insignificant, "realistic", optional love interests for the player-made/selected character in games that are otherwise about something else entirely and often not very good. Removing romance completely would allow the devs focus more on the gameplay while deterring waifufags at the same.
Other than that you have people just looking for background lesbians or gay lore in something like Prey as if they make a difference.

Usually these aren't added because the writer/devs like yuri. In cases like that one asscreed DLC it becomes clear just how little they care.
Aside from these datesim checkboxes I don't really see anyone trying to portray a relationship between two "fixed" female characters that exists regardless of player choice. Some might hint a character is lesbian and do virtually nothing with it.
>>
>>3705932
>>3705943
You can keep sexuality as a an inherent part of a narrative design for a character as long as they're not a romance option. Hell I'd encourage devs to do so. As it gives room to stretch some writer muscles and I really like the two BoS lesbians in FNV as that little facet of their characters really shaped their experiences in the wasteland and with the BoS.

I forgot about Panam though. She was a rather solid character with a fantastic model. Though that model is really the only big thing she had over Judy, for I felt like her personal story was a bit too much and The Star ending has Judy coming along for the same feeling of being with Panam alone woulda been. More or less.
>>3705948
I distinctly recall hearing that the asscreed dlc was made by a different team. Which explained the general misstep but in general yeah I do gotta say that I wouldn't trust most devs to particularly care for such things.

Honestly anyone arguing around realism should be ignored entirely. There's nothing realistic about the band of suicidal morons accompanying whatever hero the player is playing so them all being implausibly into the player no matter what they play if they're into the player at all is far from the least realistic thing about a given game.
>>
>>3705948
>>3705953
>If I can't enjoy the romances, NOBODY can enjoy them!
Oh, you're one of *those* fags, aren't you?
Read a book instead and let us enjoy things.
>>
>>3705961
Why did you quote me? My point is to make romances open to as many players as possible?
>>
Judy's romance was fantastic. Easily one of the best in vidya.
Even if Panam was available, I would still pick Judy 99% of playthroughs.
What makes Judy stick out of the rest of "lesbian" romances in games is that it's the only one I feel that is an actual lesbian romance.
C'mon! They even included a U-haul joke! The writer knew what they were doing.

As much as I love Liara's romance, Judy's is vastly superior. And that is because, unlike Judy's, Liara's romance was written with the Male PC in mind, who the Female PC was simply allowed to *share* with.

Judy's romance isn't perfect, but the fact it was written *for* lesbians puts it a head above everything else so far.
>>
>>3705962
Whoopsie. My bad.
>>
>>3705961
Yes, your should feel bad for having shit opinions, but that's beside the point as I didn't actually tell you to "stop enjoying" anything. But then again it'd be great if you did, because the specific game in question fucking sucks, and the discussion these player-driven romances encourage is usually just a different flavor of waifufaggotry.
>>
>>3705970
>I didn't actually tell you to "stop enjoying" anything.

Thinking devs should cut all choice and romance is, though.
>>
>>3705967
I can't quite put my finger on why, but this is true, there's a definite vibe, even apart from the fact that Judy simply isn't interested in anyone but women.

I'm thinking its the scuba hobby. Something about lesbians and aquarium dates. Or maybe it's more lesbians and diving...
>>
>>3705977
The way she reacts to Male!V flirting, her backstory with Maiko and the Uhaul joke play a part in adding to the authenticity.

>Or maybe it's more lesbians and diving...
Particularly pearl diving.
>>
>>3705974
Are you a dev? You wouldn't be able to enjoy something that isn't there.
Everyone has a thing or two they believe any given game might be better off without, and it's not like I'll accomplish anything by posting about it here.
>>
>>3705982
Then stop seething that people like romance.

What retards like you don't realise is that if devs did do what you asked and removed all choice, all romances in 99.99% of games will be het?
>>
>>3705961
>noooooo only I'm allowed to voice my opinion, no one else is
Player-sexual characters are shit. I'd rather play an RPG where you have options to express your character's sexuality through dialog options and such, flirt with people, get different reactions (positive and negative) etc. but no actual "romance" than have generic player-sexual robots that just automatically fall in love with any PC that picks the "nice" dialog option 3 times.
>>
>>3705986
>noooo stop liking what I don't like! Devs, please get rid of them!

Read a book.
>>
>>3705985
If devs did what I asked, the games with choice would simply not have romance options for anyone at all, but I get that you can't read too well.
>>
File: 1459185144229.jpg (3.09 MB, 1552x9350)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
>>3705986
For my part, games like Digimon Cyber Sleuth make the whole "this game was obviously written for a boy" thing work. It doesn't even have any real romance regarding the MC, but the fact that the game was made as if the MC would be a typical horny boy makes all the references to "hey you like hot ladies right" sort of things hilariously gay.
>>
>>3705989
I can read that you're a bitter faggot that wants to take away things that other people enjoy because you don't like them yourself.

F:NV is a fine game. But, you know what? If Veronica and Cassidy were romanceable, it would be better.
>>
>>3705992
>I can read
To an extent, and the rest is just you making up nonsense so you can get mad at it. Not healthy.
>>
>>3705991
Shame they fucked up the sequel and made the protagonist male only.
Why the fuck did they do that in the first place???
>>
>>3705994
I still don't get it. It's not like the first game took any extra effort to use a chooseable MC. They couldn't even be bothered to make a model?

Oh, right, there was the other game that came after it, NWO? Was that any good?
>>
>>3705993
You're the mad one.
I don't like most VNs. Doesn't mean I think they should stop being made because I personally don't enjoy them.
>>
>>3705996
Whatever helps you sleep at night. It's not particularly exciting helping you argue with yourself.
>>
>>3706001
What will help me sleep at night is a gaming marathon of Dragon Age, Greedfall, Mass Effect and DOS2.
I guess what i'll be doing in those games? Romancing characters.
And there's not a thing you can do to stop me! Mwahahahahaha!
>>
>>3705896
That's because Mark Meer is a huge nerd, and has been active in gaming for decades. Doesn't help that the default MaleShep model was based on some fashion model, so he looks blandly attractive as far as the 3D modelling is concerned.
>>
>>3705986
>Player-sexual characters are shit.
I completely understand wanting to have thoughtful romances, one's that are catered to a type of sexuality, because we know that there's a difference when media is written with an specific target in mind. And, I don't know how many of you are actual men who casually enjoy yuri, but speaking as a lesbian, being gay does change your perspective. Yeah, some people turn it into their whole personality as devs too, but there's no denying it's inherent to who we are. Just the same as no game is apolitical, because the person who writes it already has pre-built ideas of their own, y'know?

I wouldn't argue that Judy's romance is an example of that, in fact, it's a strong case for arguing in favor of playersexual romances. Let me explain, while I'm glad /u/ people got the vibe, it was found that Male V lines were recorded for her romance. What does that mean? It means that at some point later in production it was cut and it wasn't exclusive and it was written with that in mind.

The reality is that there's no trade-off, there're no absolutes. If you cut playersexual romances you won't 'get' a better romance, you only get one that is already written. And seldom are the cases where romances aren't written with a default MC in mind or as accessible as possible to make sure that all type of players are included, even if they are genderlocked. I believe a lot of us knows the feeling, it shows that in most cases with genderlocked romances, you don't get anything extra, just the ability to romance them. Maybe a couple of jokes here and there but nothing that you go out to say, "this truthfully was build with that in mind."

Maybe Dorian's romance is like that (if you put romance him as a girl it's weird!), but Sera's sure isn't. Most romances don't distinguish between genders, so why lock it? The writing for it will always be subpar no matter how hard the devs try because it's hard and time consuming and studios won't bank on that.
>>
>>3706047
This 100%
>>
>>3706047
No, that isn't what happened. Both male and female VAs record the same lines. The same thing happened with Mass Effect.
Instead of looking at the PC's dialogue, look at the character that's being romanced.
As far as i'm aware, Judy has *NO* romance dialogue addressing V as a male. All of her romance related dialogue is for Fem!V.

Judy is and always was a lesbian. And her romance *is* a lesbian one, through and through.
Stop perpetuating the myth that she was originally Bi because of a stupid misunderstanding.
>>
>>3706047
Do you have a certificate that states you speak for all lesbians?
>>
What has to be kept in mind is that you can give either Vs either voice.

So that "male" romance lines with Judy was probably ment for a FemV with a male voice.
Obviously that was a bit weird, so they decided to implement the voice requirement for romance along with the body type requirement and just didn't bother the remove the unused lines from the game.
>>
Is the VA shit going to be brought up every time Judy's romance is discussed?
Do we have a disclaimer or something to explain this shit to morons who don't know about how alot shit get recorded by VAs that 90% of time means fuck all?

The situation with Judy isn't like the situation was with Suvi from ME: Andromeda.
>>
>Magical Girl Celesphonia
Anyone here knows if this is any good, yuri-wise?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1786790/Magical_Girl_Celesphonia/
>>
>>3705986
>>3705987
>>3705961
Not all opinions are equal, fags.
>>
>>3706066
Glancing through the CG set, I don't see a single yuri scene. Maybe I missed one, but there's no way I would consider this /u/-relevant
>>
>>3705948
Hey, I liked how bitter Mikhaila's e-mail was after Morgan started ignoring her.
>>
File: 1639701588366.png (952 KB, 3160x3254)
952 KB
952 KB PNG
>>3705967
More like /u/-haul!
>>
>>3705819
What are the other two?
>>
>>3705863
Incel weeb detected.
>>
>>3705850
>The Star ending, which is the ending you should be going for
haha, yeah, imagine getting the Sun as your first ending and getting your heart broken by the break up, couldn't be me
>>
>>3706005
>gaming marathon of Dragon Age
>I guess what i'll be doing in those games? Romancing characters.
Based.
>>
>>3706149
Well, she did make it obvious that she hated Night City and wanted to leave.
The Star ending isn't just the best because you leave the city with Judy, it also ends on an optimistic note about V's... predicament. That and Johnny's departing words makes me believe that V's situation isn't hopeless.
>>
>>3705480
A Sin Nanatsu no Taizai game?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's mobage, though.
>>
>>3706155
It is. It's the kind of thing that I could never recommend to someone, but I am playing it because 1) demon girls are my weakness 2) I own a bunch of the figures and 3) there's enough of a yuri-leaning to make it worth the little bit of daily playtime to me.
>>
>>
>>3706066
Someone is charging $20 for an RPG maker game, even if it’s super gay it’s not worth it.
>>
>>3706066
it's shame that there's barely any yuri rpgmaker games
>>
>>3706257
There are many RPGmaker games for sale, some of which are yuri, some of which are weird adventure games with no RPG in them, some of which are porn, many of which are top sellers and priced at $20. This is a pretty boring take.

IMO the question is more, are they long enough to be worth the price? "It's RPGMaker" is pretty meaningless. If it looks like every other RPGMaker game, then the player already knows and doesn't care. If it's been customised so hard that it's not obvious what it is, then why would it even matter?
>>
>>3706265
Isn't there an entire thread dedicated to them here on /u/?
>>
File: yuriwedding.jpg (124 KB, 640x480)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>3706265
There's actually quite a bit if you know where to look.
>>
>>3706289
But are we VIP enough, that is the question.
>>
>>3706276
Why does it need to be long to be worth the price? I would rather play a good/great short game than a bad/mediocre long game.
>>
While we're talking about it, any got any recommend /u/ or /u-friendly RPGmaker/JRPG games that are available on Steam?

It was my 32nd birthday last week and I still have some money left to spend.
>>
>>3706298
Knight Bewitched is an alright one.
>>
>>3706295
I'd rather play a good short game but I'd still feel grouchy about paying $20 for it. But anyway, to each their own.
>>
How did Rune Factory 5 end up being? I remember they introduced same-sex marriage as a mechanic in it. Anyone here play it, and is it any good?
>>
File: liveman.jpg (77 KB, 640x623)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>3706290
Only if you get past the language barrier. Because realistically only a small few of them will ever get translated.
>>
>>3706298
Ms. Director
>>
>>3706052
True, I've read that articles when they came out. I was pretty hyped up to cp77 then. While I understand that it's industry standard it's still weird and I don't think a Male!V romance would be out of place for Judy.

>>3706057
Oh, that's true. I haven't considered that.

>>3706058
I'm sorry for bringing it up. My others points still stands. However I'm unware of Suvi's drama if there's one. I played ME:A aka backseat to an AI protagonist simulator pretty late.

I was enjoying Judy's romance till I got to the end and saw all the implications. I'm sad to see if this is really the best we could do because it's such a poor storyline buried deep in something that could've been truly good.

Imagine if Ev had someone who was going through as much as she was and was thinking suicidal thoughts/depressed just like her, seeing as they were terminal and they talked about it. Imagine Judy, who had already lost one of her best friends because in this game we can't have consequences or choices she's going to die anyway because fuck you! was told that the person she's falling for will soon follow and deal with it, y'know instead of going "Fuck V! Sorry about that." The phone call at the end before Mikoshi is just a piss at the player who romanced anyone but Panam and I refuse to believe "it'S tHe BeST WLw WeStERn rOmAncE"

Sure it has it's moments, but it all sours by the end and it's superficial as fuck.
You know what is the best ending? The Don't Fear the Reaper ending. Oh wait, V can't go with the Aldecados in that ending? Why? Because how dare you think anything you choose in this game has consequences, and that you have any agency as a player. Even if you get the dolls killed, Judy's romance keeps going because how dare we actually suffer for fucking something up.

Life is Strange got so much shit because 'only the final choice matters ' and here's Cyberpunk doing the same thing but people praise it because muh edgy and muh CDPR. Ahh sorry about the vent.
>>
>>3706392
Judy's romance would be out of place for MaleV. Pay attention to the actual dialogue and everything about Judy.
You might stand by your point, but it's still outright wrong, considering it's based on misinformation and your personal dislike of the game.
And it is one of the best lesbian romances. Can you give any other contenders?
I think you just got caught up in the hype, got burned out and are letting that cloud your judgement.

Judy's romance isn't perfect, but even with what we got, it still easily beats anything Bioware, Larian or other devs have done has done.
It's a breath of fresh air in a stale industry and welcome change and step in the right direction.
>>
So what the fuck is up with the Swansong VTM game? Where did that come from? What is it?
>>
>>3706289
What game is that?
>>
>>3706066
Ain't that the publisher with all those hardcore monster/rape games? I assumed this was the same. Either way, I would not touch any of their games.
>>
>>3706416
They certainly have been making a lot of VtM games lately.
>>
>>3706416
Was mentioned years ago, was delayed by pandemic, is Epic-exclusive, so a lot of people haven't noticed.

The female character is supposed to have originally been a lesbian I think but I have no idea whether that matters in-game.

>"Although she looks like a young woman with magnetic charm, Emem is actually 100 years old. A former jazz diva, she now belongs to the Toreador clan after having been transformed by Hilda, the love of her life."
>>
You now remember they retconned Lara's Japanese gf out of the latest Tomb Raider continuity.
>>
>>3706479
You assume I ever forgot. The "SS Endurance" ship sank just as hard as its namesake. But, in fairness, Sam wasn't RETCONNED out of the games, you still see the picture of her with Lara in some places in the game, she just disappears and is never mentioned by anyone. She just fell through a plot hole, I guess.
>>
>>3706432
Yeah but like what is it? Action rpg? VN? Last I heard when it came to VTM was the moba and then bloodlines 2 being trapped in hell. Meanwhile Swansong comes out of no where and is due to release. Not surprised that Epic probably smothered any and all marketing for it since that seems to be their recent mo.
>>
>>3706481
I think they basically wrote her out in an interstitial comic that destroyed her character and then refused to acknowledge she ever existed again outside of the aforementioned photo. I’m just going off what other anons have said though, I’m happy enough to pretend the reboot died after the first game.
>>
File: kissu.jpg (112 KB, 640x480)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>3706417
It's a RPG from 2ch's VIP board, commonly called a VIPRPG. There's a bunch of them most being few minute long shitposts, but there is also a good number of really high quality stuff too. Some of the more notable yuri VIPRPGs are mentioned in the RPG Maker thread so check that out if you're interested.
>>
>>3706490
>She ended up still being cursed/possessed
>Caused trouble in society
>Was sent to prison/mental hospital
>Laura visits
>Sam tells her to fuck off and never come back
>Laura does as told
>Sam never mentioned again
Square insisted on this because Sam x Laura was too gay and too popular. No one put up much of a fuss because square didn't commit the crime of making Laura het and instead simply turned her into a generic action hero devoid of emotion
>>
>>3706498
As if Missus ‘broods over shit for decades, fought through multiple armies to rescue her best friend’ would just let shit lie and never even think of Sam again. Character assassination of both of them. Oh Squeenix, why couldn’t you just shut up and accept the lesbux.
>>
>>3706503
Don't worry, Square knows what they're doing. Now they just sold Lara's whole franchise/company off to buy NFTs.

At least now Crystal Dynamics will be free from the Avengers mines to make another Tomb Raider, or we can see their take on Joanna Dark (Assuming that rumor on them helping out on the new Perfect Dark is right)
>>
>>3706396
>It's a breath of fresh air in a stale industry and welcome change and step in the right direction.

Sorry nee-san, but I think we will have to agree to disagree. You hardly seem to have been in contact with Male's V dialogue with Judy which is pretty similar, in fact too close for comfort.

And besides that, Judy's questchain
>She doesn't care when ou go to the final mission, hardly saying anything that matters in the last call.
>After you complete Pyramid Song the romance stops there. (A problem common to all romances and poor planning at CDPR's part.)
>Prior to that the Male V can get rejected two times but it hardly changes the dialogue even when you reach to Pyramid Song. You can easily verify this claim by watching the cutscenes with both genders, you will find that the dialogue differ in very few instances.

CDPR didn't invent the wheel, they just did things differently, and imo, it has it's ups and downs. In fact, while I would be hard-pressed to admit that Mass Effect's romances are better, if you take Liara's romance in the first game as an example it follows the same pace as the plot, making it more rewarding when you reach the end and more cohesive to the plot. Judy in contrast seem like a weird hook-up that you even wonder why they're together in an ending and the other the conversation must've been funny. "Oh? You went on a suicide mission? It's that what the call was about? Wild, V!"
>>
File: 1638743057564.png (3.07 MB, 1835x1376)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB PNG
>>3706066
Here's your yuri sis.
>>
>>3706527
>Joanna Dark
Now there's a thought. How possible is JoannaxLara as a ship? Dark wasn't that far into the future, right?
>>
>>3705840
alas, poor letitia. some people just have "Please Bully Me" written all over them.
>>
>>3706563
True, the narration even highlights how royally she fucked up not talking to a single soul other than those involved in the deception. She's kind of a bimbo despite her apparent role as a teacher.
>>
>>3706564
the isolation was definitely part of it though, the head housekeeper would've given her a lot of shit for eating with/fraternizing with the help which Genevieve takes advantage of. Shit, she even does it to her real girlfriend too, what with Dinah mentioning she's not friendly with any of the other maids due to the way she talks that she picked up from Genevieve.
>>
>finished Night Cascades
It's okay but the ending is very anticlimatic.
>>
>>3706498
I’ve said this here before, but considering the lesbian shipping that’s happened in Japan-developed Square games over the past ten years or so, I really don’t think it’s Square executives who put the ax down on Sam, or if it was not for those reasons. If somebody was angling to eliminate that ship, it was almost certainly someone a bit lower on the ladder, and probably at Eidos or Crystal Dynamics.
>>
>>3706621
I very vaguely recall hearing something along the lines that it was down to the local devs rather than the higher ups to kill the ship. Some shit about dudebro gamers that are the main audience for the game not liking it or something?
>>
>>3706299
How's the story for those games? The creator has a new game coming up on Kickstarter and it looks interesting.
>>
>>3706613
I dug the tone and liked the ending but it definitely could do a lot with a sequel. Fingers crossed it did well enough and that the dev actually wants to do that and that the artist came back for it too. We rarely get sequel yuri games hiver never
>>
https://f95zone.to/
is there anything decent on the website
>>
>>3706687
>anon can't use tags
>can't search
We just don't know.gif
>>
>>3706540
>Male's V dialogue with Judy which is pretty similar, in fact too close for comfort.
Because you can give FemV a male voice.
And take JUDY'S dialogue into account. All her romance lines are female orientated.
Pay a-fucking-ttention.
The problems with Judy's are just part of CP77's problems as a whole.
It's still better than Liara's, which is just MaleShep's with the pronouns changed.
Judy's romance romance in many way should be a benchmark, even with its shortcomings, as it's an actual lesbian romance that's feels like it was made for lesbians.

I'll repeat, pay attention to "Muh Male lines!" and listen to Judy's. Stop spreading misinformation because you don't like the game.
>>
>>3706691
To be fair the tags on that site are even more useless than Ao3 tags or the old exhentai tags before they added females_only.
>>
>>3706687
missy
blooming love
town of magic
champions of liberty
etc i hate you all so that's all you get
>>
>>3706789
Town of magic has a bunch of het monster rape so I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>3706793
If I remember right you can disable monster sex in the options menu.
I wouldn't recommend ToM because it's grindy as hell. Play it only it you like yuri mind control/ possesion scenarios.
>>
>>3706789
How tsundere of you anon.
>>
>>3706490
But anon there was only the one game in the reboot. I wonder if we’ll ever get another.
>>
Just finished the second Flowers game and just found out they have a post-credits scene if you do all the endings. So now I feel inclined to see the Secret Ending of the first one that I missed.
I can't fucking stand Rikka and I'm not particularly fond of Dalia either (too uptight and a goody two-shoes for my liking), so I wonder if I should even bother replaying to see their endings or should I just skip ahead to the Secret Ending?
Do their routes redeem them in any way?
>>
>>3706856
Rikka blackmails Suoh into a relationship in her route, so no, it does not redeem her. Which also doesn't make any sense because she's saying "be gay with me or I'll tell the whole school that you're gay". If you already dislike Rikka then her route will make you want to throw your monitor out the window. Dahlia's route ends with a "I love you like a daughter" scene which breaks Erika's heart, but I thought she was hot so I didn't hate her route. I don't remember if the first game had a secret ending, but if it did, it was probably just Suoh resolving to find out why Mayuri left. I do remember the second game's secret ending, but only because Yuzuriha is a lying cunt.
>>
>>3706856
Speaking about unlockable scenes, remember not to miss the extra chapters you unlock (both in Etè and Automne) in the main menu when you get all the endings, since they are quite important for Suoh's story.
>>
>>3706817
To be fair, if you're really into those kinks then the grind does eventually kinda get taken over by those kinks intergrating themselves into the game.

Which I found to be rather clever. Especially for a porn game.
>>
>>3706789
>doesn't rec bad memories
>even with a comment about that one avoidable scene
Shameful
>>
So this just came out what does /u/ think? From what I understand there is a sequel coming out in 2023 with 2 guys and a 3rd game coming out in 2024 which combines them. So uhh...
>>
>>3707173
Sounds like you just answered your own question. No reason to put any hopes behind it.
>>
File: 1582750332194.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
Trying to find non-vn games with yuri that are not 3rd-person RPGs is suffering to the nth degree.
I'm currently on a Turn-Based Tactics itch and after clearing FE3H, Divinity OriSins 2, and even X-Com 2 with an girls team (with extensive lore about how each girl is in lesbians with another), the itch still hasn't gone away, but the games seemingly have.

Please rec me some more Nee-sans.
>>
>>3707280
most games that aren't VNs or RPGs don't have enough plot to be yuri. like, you can play spelunky and make girls rescue and smooch girls, but it doesn't mean anything
>>
>>3707280
Turn based ones I know about:
- SaGa Frontier - Asellus's story (There are 7/8 stories depending on whether you play classic or remastered). Just don't go full human, which isn't considered canon anyways.
- Blue Reflection series
- Mary Skelter - Mary Skelter 2 has the yuri MC as the main lead and then she's also in Finale
>>
>>3707173
>Eiyuden-Chronicle-Rising
regarding just the game above, it seems there might be decent bonding between the heroines as teammates. The developer made Control which is a decent female lead game.
>>
>>3707355
>developer made Control
Control? The connected to Alan Wake and Max Payne whack him Control? W...what's causing them to make an anime game? Are you sure you don't mean the same publisher?
>>
>>3707296
Thanks Nee-san.
I already have BRR and Mary Skelter in backlog, but I'm still in a bit of a "Tactics" phase because just regular turn-based games aren't cutting it for me at the moment.
Didn't know about SaGa tho so that's something new
>>
>>3707384
Do keep in mind the SaGa games are absolutely zoinked from a gameplay perspective. Like I'm a fan but they're one hell of an acquired taste. Definitely not just something you can boot up and run around in.
>>
>>3707371
I think the company just picked up the Kickstarter. Eiyuden is the spiritual successor to the now dead thanks to Konami Suikoden series which has 100s of characters. Some of which developed relationships with one another, and some happens to have the gay. That being said this game series was released on the PS1 days so there are only 1 known gay character.

Konami back then was a huge gaming company ran by old farts.
>>
>>3707280
Get a girlfriend and play an mmo or even a coop action/shooter or pretend you have a political marriage between each other's countries in civ or something
>>
>>3707394
>Get a girlfriend
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>3707396
/u/ - Yuri
>>
>>3707280
Get Pathfinder WoTR, great story, gameplay and of course lesbian romance.
>>
>>3707386
>there are only 1 known gay character
And who is that?
>>
>>3707431
Me.
>>
>>3707431
>>3707435
Me too.
>>
>>3707280
Some anons talked about super robot wars at some point. May wanna look into that.

There's also a touhou super robot wars game, which should have a fan translation..? Touhou is always at least sorta gay. Gensou Shoujo Taisen is the name, aka Fantasy Maiden Wars. There is a complete box by now, which combines the previous releases and polishes the earlier stuff.
>>
>>3707476
Super Robot...
>>
>>3707476
...Is okay...
>>
>>3707579
...and cute.
>>
>>3707430
How could I have forgotten Pathfinder WOTR and QT demon waifu Aru.
Is it stable enough now to attempt the "bang your mom" route? I remember trying it the first time and a buncha triggers were wacked/bugged and it messed up the whole sequence. At least I manage to get Aru though so all was not lost.

>>3707476
Completed V which was fun, but the other one doesn't have any series that I cared about so after half a dozen missions it felt like a slog so I stopped.
I do remember being curious about the Touhou SRW some time back. Might check that out. MokouXKaguya is one of my OG ships back in the day
>>
>>3707600
>wotr...stable enough
Maybe? Just put out their second dlc and the wave of patches following it. Barring that I think toybox is comprehensive enough to cover the bases. Was there ever a good concise summary made?
>>
>>3707600
Baldur's Gate 3 has better yuri and story than Pathfinder.
>>
>>3707610
>anon talks out his ass cause he's a /v/irgin
>>
>>3707610
Maybe they should try releasing a game instead of sitting in early access for a decade
>>
>>3707577
>>3707579
>>3707580
Which one are they from?
>>
>>3707619
Super Robot Wars 30
>>
>>3707610
is it actually playable? I don't generally bother with early access
>>
File: bg3romancesh-1.jpg (145 KB, 1102x631)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>3707636
It feels more episodic if anything, you have 10 hours of gameplay on the first chapter. Completely playable with zero bugs. That being said don't expect a completed story.

The good news is the Dragon Age modders seems to have taken up with this game. Since it is technically the spiritual successor to DA:O. It's probably the few games besides DA:0 that I kept installed on my PC.
>>
>>3707644
I assume you can't play as Shadowheart/Lae'zel and romance the other?
>>
>>3707648
Oh man, that would be spicy.
>>
>>3707648
You can since Shadowheart is a pre-made character but Lae'zel is kinda ugly so I made my own character. That being said I'll probably do a run with SH as MC now that there are mods that makes Lae.zel look more appealing.

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Origins
>>
>>3707650
How hard is it, since from what little I played they basically contradict each other on choices? Also she's beautiful excuse you.
>>
>>3707662
How hard is what? The game? You can make it as hard or as easy as you want.

>from what little I played they basically contradict each other on choices?
Yes they hate each other but they soon warm up to each other towards the end of the chapter. Is the romance between them resolved like with MC? No, at least not during the first chapter.
>>
>>3707666
How hard is it to romance the other when you play with either of them was the thought. So there's a full romance in chapter 1, as in "finished"?
>>
>>3707669
Resolved meaning the SH and MC becomes a couple. With a make out scene, no sex yet.

In regard to Lae'zel and MC they become closer friends, no yuri yet, that being said I'm not too familiar since again she's fucking ugly.

IDK about SH + Lae'zel.
>>
>>3707681
Oh, you were talking about MC with either of them all this time. What I meant was if it was possible to play as Shadowheart and romance Lae'zel or vice versa.
>>
>>3707687
Well the new patch made it possible to make the five main character the main character. It wasn't possible before.
>>
>>3707681
Lae'zel's sex scene is strongly friends with benefits and a budding romance while Shadowheart's is more typical rpg fair.
>>3707687
Considering the devs are the people that did Div:OS2 it's safe to say that ShadowheartxLae'zel will be possible and probably some degree of unique since they're predetermined characters
>>
>>3707610
Not touching it before it's out of early access. I did the same mistake with DoS2 and never again. I want to enjoy whole story, not one chapter on repeat only to get sick of it.
>>
>>3707280
play kotor 1 with female mc bastilla romance and then 2 with genderswap companions for you to get handmaiden instead of disciple (be careful of spoilers(?))
>>
>>3707280
If your goggles are really strapped on so hard you can see yuri in X-COM 2, then try the 2018 BattleTech game. You can go cross eyed and pretend all your pilots are lesbians.
>>
>>3707577
>>3707579
>>3707580
/u/ says both character is straight but why is there so many /u/ related artwork of these two?
>>
File: orgasm.jpg (76 KB, 697x1010)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
My goggles are so tight that I always shipped together the two knights that would join with Agrias in FFT. I made one of them a samurai and the other one a ninja so they could be gay weebs together.
>>
>>3707756
Because people wanted to make the art, or were paid to make it. Just because a character is straight doesn't mean that they don't get yuri ships for various reasons and porn for the sake of porn is always popular.
>>
>>3707756
>anon doesn't know canon's relative
At least you're not treating it like the end all be all
>>
File: FLi0Ek1XIAQfwVb.jpg (84 KB, 1125x833)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>3705967
A toast, fellow Judy appreciator
>>
File: 1602398593.jpg (328 KB, 1616x2048)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>all these RayexRoze art lately
Kino. I'm worried about the manga though since the writer created a token shota character that's drawing away the intended focus between these two
>>
>>3707280
X-Piratez?
>>
File: 1.jpg (398 KB, 1955x1101)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>3707476
SRWT the femMC is bi and can pick someone they "want" to end up with. I don't remember a lot from it its been a while but if you choose pick a girlfriend later you get some dialog with Rami the main girl.

In 30 you don't get a choice but Az just likes Mitsuba and want to be by her side now and forever. But we don't know as sisters or...
>>
>>3708010
Oh in 30 you get two couples.

Az x Mitsuba

And pic related.
>>
>>3705967
>Liara's romance
ME's LIara?
Not sure you can call anything in ME a romance. It's badly written snippets (except Shadow Broker DLC) that barely connect in the shittest of ways.
>>
>>3708015
Anon, romances in RPGs are a side thing. Don't hold them to the same standards to genres that are more dedicated to it, like VNs and Dating Sims.

Just enjoy them for them for what they are.
>>
>>3707280
If you're after turn based RPGs, try Solasta: Crown of the Magister. There's no romance, really, but if you're at the point of shipping your X-Com team it wouldn't be too difficult to do it to your party of four adventurers.
>>
>>3707716
Completed it way back when, don't remember if I modded it like what you said, but I've honestly had enough of Star Wars for a lifetime

>>3707747
Funny thing, I tried, but it just didn't click with me. I think its because I played Mechwarrior 5 beforehand and got too immersed with actually piloting a mech, so just ordering little ones around got boring really fast.

>>3708346
Been there done that sis. That one was actually fun. Shame the character models are... what they are
>>
>>3708346
>>3708350
How iffy is Solasta anyway?
>>
>>3707280
Can you read Japanese? If you can, that expands your options with indie stuff like ts_tassan's Mahou Shoujo or a couple of yuri-friendly SRPGs on DLsite (though one of them that's also on Steam confusingly has yuri in the name and a girl cast, but apparently it's not actually yuri).
Out of commercial stuff, Super Heroine Chronicle has its yuri moments, though many of the crossover characters are originally from het franchises. SRW T was already mentioned, but it's still an SRW game about giant robots with mostly male pilots (but still worth playing because SRW is just awesome anyway). I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but can't put my finger on it right now.
>>
There's also Disciples Liberation if you tolerate western stuff, haven't played it but it has a FeMC who can romance other women.
>>
>>3708359
For a D&D 5th edition it's a good adaptation, the response is good, it's an early release so there's still multiple GB updates on the regular, almost all the dialogue is voiced decently which is rare these days. The only issue I have is with the character models, particularly the faces which makes syncing up the lips to the dialogue difficult. The studio Tactical Adventures makes no bones about the lack of a romance option so I'm not too salty about that.
>>
>>3707908
>playing X-Piratez for yuri
Not sure if this is such a good idea to be honest.
>>
>>3708521
She's just jealous.
>>
>>3708113
It’s hard to enjoy romance between a character I don’t particularly care about and one with all the personality of a featureless white wall, which is, for me, every romance I’ve encountered in a BioWare game.
>>
>>3708521
Is that Saya the eldritch flesh alien?
>>
File: 30,000 well spent.png (31 KB, 809x554)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>3708573
No, it's Saya the friendly shopkeeper.
>>
>>3708513
Straight adaptation or did they fiddle with the combat?
>>
>>3708580
Fairly close. I haven't played much 5th ed and the last I played before 5th was 3.5. As far as I can see it's close. The battlefields are in 3 dimensions, so having people in your party with ranged attacks, proficiency in Athletics, Acrobatics, along with a high Strength and Dexterity stat to make the checks necessary to climb and jump is almost mandatory. Same thing with visibility; Darkvision is huge. All in all, it is possible to cheese your way, especially since you can just use unlimited points in character creation to slap all 18s on your stats and save scum for the difficult skill checks, but people would have found a way anyway.
>>
>>3708618
Well now I'm more interested. Race and class options have a decent amount or is it just phb standard type stuff atm?
>>
>>3708625
Yes. It's an original campaign world, so the subclasses are tailored for that, but the only races they're lacking are Tieflings, Aasimar, and Dragonborn.
>>
>>3708570
I share this opinion, sometimes i don't even understand why they bother limiting some romances to sexual orientations, if the writing doesn't follow these decisions
>>
>Blizzard made a diversity point chart for all its characters so you can tell exactly how gay they are
>https://www.activisionblizzard.com/newsroom/2022/05/king-diversity-space-tool
it's like giving Tracer a girlfriend then never mentioning her ever again but even worse. looking back, how these morons managed to make the explosion of content that was Overwatch in the first place seems like a miracle.
>>
>>3708669
Wait Tracer is gay?
>>
>>3708669
Everyone I've heard discussing this 'tool' on all sides absolutely hates it. The right hates it, the left hates it, the liberals hate it.

That must mean it's good, right?
>>
>>3708675
>That must mean it's good, right?
I think that must be the level of coping Blizzard's suits are working on 24/7.
>>
>>3708669
>dance around shipping for years to string people along with the exception of Tracer and 76
>all of the other characters are straight as we don't need them to pump up the EGS score
thank you blizzard, very cool
>>
>>3708669
lol I'm all for inclusion in games but the thought of a big diversity dial you turn until it hits the right level is pretty funny
>>
>>3708669
The logical next step in design by committee. This is the direction almost all mass marketed media is going.
>>
>>3708669
>then never mentioning her ever again
Except, there is an Emily spray for Tracer in the game and she has a few voice lines that mention her (one them was specific for a map they removed in OW2 though). Emily also makes an appearance in the London Calling comic.
>>
>>3708669
Tool can't even confirm phamercy? Seems pretty useless.
>>
>>3708725
It can deconfirm it though, like how in the example pictures it shows Zarya is straight.
>>
Has anyone here played the DRPG Demon Gaze 2? I heard you can pick femMC portraits and voices, so there might be huge /u/ potential
>>
>>3708570
>>3708634
Doesn't help that Bioware's idea of giving a character personality is to make them "quirky".

I will forever hold a grudge against Bioware for having their first lesbian companion be Sera.
>>
>>3708675
>The right hates it, the left hates it
But definitely for different reasons.
>>
>>3708725
I doubt Maynard even knows what Overwatch or yuri are.
>>
>>3708852
iirc anons said the story script still treats you as a dude
>>
>>3708669
>in beta since 2016
Imagine spending 6 years to write a radar chart tool instead of actually making good games.
>>
>>3708885
I checked the archives but date-wise i think these anons must have been referring to the first game, yeah the prequel had a these different skins as an afterthought. But in this sequel there's moral alignments and a lot of female voices to choose from so i figure the devs must have placed some more attention to details into the way characters talk about the MC than previously.
>>
>>3708733
>t shows Zarya is straight.

Are butch lesbians allowed to exist anymore?
And before faggots go "But muh stereotypes!!", please give me a examples of all these butch lesbian characters that are supposedly everywhere.

Bullshit is Zarya straight.
>>
>>3708890
You're thinking about it too hard. This spreadsheet would have been knocked together by someone in 30 minutes and so the sexuality would just be all default unless the character has already been explicitly confirmed as token gay.
>>
>>3708896
>30 minutes
That long?
>>
>>3708898
Listen there's a lot of characters
>>
>>3708890
>Are butch lesbians allowed to exist anymore?
>anymore
When have they ever been? The justification may change but the push against butch lesbian representation remains.
>>
>>3708930
and that's a good thing
>>
>>3708935
For people who hate lesbians? Definitely. But those "people" don't belong on this board.
>>
>Yuri(ne)
>>
>>3708880
He definitely knows about yuri. Schism is an entire song about being gay.
>>
>>3709011
Time to check this out
>>
File: 1640337462290.jpg (140 KB, 640x480)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Some high IQ jokes in this thread.
>>
>>3708935
Butch lesbians are one genital away from perfectly fitting into male things like barashit. Never ever conceptualized their appeal so I wouldn't be missing out much on Zarya
>>
>>3709201
In the interest of fairness, then, you're a futa fan?
>>
>>3709208
Don't engage the fuckhead
>>
>>3709208
What are you implying, no I don't consume yuri games where girls have heavy masculine traits highlighted more than feminine ones. In fact, I think Futanari in some cases would be even more of a gray field than bulldykes.
>>
Ogre girls...
>>
File: 1636299222359.png (747 KB, 952x1111)
747 KB
747 KB PNG
>>
File: 1634053487409.jpg (192 KB, 519x1063)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>
File: 1629478288245.png (1.18 MB, 840x1260)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>
File: 1642587387406.jpg (736 KB, 1000x1342)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
>>
File: 1646966342000.png (278 KB, 800x989)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>
>>3709239
>the Anti-Butch fag literally prefers dicks to masculine women
To the suprise of absolutely no one.
>>
>>3709255
I didn't ever state I had any liking to futas. All I said was that overbuffed lesbian character models aka Abby, Zarya, Hildryn would be a little more feminine than actual futanari who are ambiguous at least. But you taking words out of my mouth to try to grasp at straws makes me regret giving the benefit of doubt to your posts.
Any characters with derivatives of high testosterone — be it beards, bodybuilder mass, dicks, baldness are simply unappealing to me. And so I'm indifferent to these designs even if they do happen to be linked with /u/ ingame. You can't just expect everyone to have the same tastes as you.
>>
>>3709272
>the benefit of doubt
Is something you no longer deserve after posting >>3709239
>>
I know nobody cares about this anymore, but damn, Atelier Sophie 2 disappointed in several levels I wasn't even expecting. Not only it didn't really add much to Sophie/Plachta, It ended up actually developing the closest thing I've seen to yuri in atelier in a while, but one of the characters just had to be Sophie's het granny, which Sophie makes sure to tell her she'll be a great wife every chance she gets. If only they gave this much spotlight to Ryza and Klaudia in Ryza's games I'd have been happy, but no, they have to do this with a character we know what happens with her. I think Sophie has to be my most hated character in atelier, and I hate her whole bloodline now, hopefully it will die with her, because alchemy can do anything in this world other than making yuri happen.
>>
>>3709285
I dunno pal, I liked that young Plachta valued the prospect of meeting Sophie in her future so much that she gave up her memories and knowledge gained in Erde Wiege to ensure the events leading up to it would not change. As for Ramizel and Elvira, I can see what you mean, but weren't you just setting yourself up for disappointment when we knew from the start what Ramizel's deal would be? Taking it out on Sophie is petty too and she had great scenes with Ramizel, especially at the end. Sophie/Doll Plachta was never going to be brought further than where it was at the start of Firis.
>>
>>3709285
To be honest, even though I like my yuri, I've never seen Sophie Plachta as much. To me, Sophie 2 not doing much with it, was pretty obvious. It's not like it didn't do anything either. Just about as much as you'd expect from these two, really. They always had this weird platonic feeling to me.
Mysterious only had Firis Il to me, and that also just if you have the DX version of Lydie and Sue, OR bought the respective DLC. Doesn't sound like much, but considering Dusk, it was actually a step up. As far as I remember, Dusk was completely empty. You could still try to ship some girls, but you didn't have much to go with.

Lulua will probably not be beaten though. Aside of the classic Totori Mimi, Lulua has two girls herself as well. One misunderstands her intentions as a romantic approach and ends up fine with it, after thinking things through for several days, the other states she's not viewing Lulua as a friend like she thinks, but as more.

In the end Atelier will be Atelier though. Shipping fuel? Yes. More? No. Regardless of het or yuri. Either the protagonists don't get it, or they keep it ambiguous enough. Totori in Atelier Lulua however really feels like she learned how to push all the buttons of Mimi. ALL of them. In the past she did so without realizing what's going on, and was one of the cruelest airheads in general. 15 years later and she definitely realizes what she's doing and likes it now.
Ryza was a bit of an exception on the het front though I guess. But fuck Ryza anyway.
>>
File: Atelier Lulua Mimi events.jpg (3.35 MB, 1920x7560)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
>>3709307
>otori in Atelier Lulua however really feels like she learned how to push all the buttons of Mimi. ALL of them. In the past she did so without realizing what's going on, and was one of the cruelest airheads in general. 15 years later and she definitely realizes what she's doing and likes it now.
Yeah, because she stalks her to listen to all the embarassing things Mimi won't admit to her face. She's a fiend.
>>
>>3709306
>but weren't you just setting yourself up for disappointment when we knew from the start what Ramizel's deal would be?
They could've put a different girl in Ramizel's spot to Elvira's affection. I wasn't sold much on Ramizel even being here like you feel, because at the end of the day Sophie gets all those sweet memories with her grandma just to go directly back to a world she's DEAD, rather depressing to the only ending you can get in the game.
>>3709307
I mean, it's one of the things with Sophie Plachta, even though Sophie's one of the most popular characters, Sophie Plachta fan art is basically unexistent while even today I see here and there TotoMimi stuff. Sophie Plachta's relationship in general is just weak, not just for being platonic.
I know better to expect outright romance from Atelier, but they just have nothing to lose by making good relationships. People go on Ryza expecting stuff with how much Ryza and Klaudia got marketed together, and then it's fucking nothing, you go to Sophie 2 expecting nothing, but then get something but it's with a done character. Terrible decisions all over.
>>
>>3709318
Even the first 10/15 hours of Ryza are pushing them hard and then it just peters out into nothing. Dunno what’s been up with the writing post Arland.
>>
>>3709323
Exactly, if it had any story relevance later as Ramizel and Elvira did, I would've been incredibly happy. Instead it literally turns into nothing and Klaudia just fucks off to stick with her daddy.
>>
>>3709323
>>3709326
Klaudia is the most nothing character in both games and will undoubtedly follow suit in a hypothetical third one. She's the only party member in 2 whose events aren't tied to any story progression and that can be completed in their entirety as soon as character storylines open up. It should be obvious she exists only as yuribait and that they'll never have Ryza take an interest in her or anybody else.
>>
>>3709332
>It should be obvious she exists only as yuribait and that they'll never have Ryza take an interest in her or anybody else.
This is exactly what I'm complaining about, to be honest, do serviceable yuribait, atleast, they can only gain from it. The thing with Ryza is a whatever, any waifufag that is adverse to yuri/yuribaiting would be intimidated and leave just on the marketing alone, and they probably wouldn't be buying atelier games to start with.
>>
>>3708733
further analysis of the tool shows that the support and tank roles have an average sexual orientation score of 0.00, while damage has an average of 0.625, meaning that they likely went through the entire tool and only made 76 and Tracer anything other then straight, so yeah this anon
>>3708705
was right. I hate Blizzard so goddamn much
>>
gust, lol
>>
>>3709344
Well, it's not going to change anything, as everybody's going to ignore it. And rightfully so, of course.
>>
>>3709377
They're going to have to announce another character is gay to make up for all the negative feedback they're getting anyway.
>>
Blue Reflection Second Light used up Gust's entire yuri quota for the decade, unfortunately.
>>
>>3709583
How much does Blue Reflect Second Light score on the Blizxzard dial?
>>
>>3709550
Or better yet just get rid of that stupid thing and let everyone continue as they were.
>>
File: lesbiautism.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>3709607
Uta alone is off the charts.
>>
>>3709632
Is Uta a cow?
>>
So glad I got Sophie on the cheap and was able to realize quickly that series isn't for me. Even twenty year old Tristia and Neosphere are better. Nice music though.
>>
>>3706337
Haven't played it yet but from what I've seen and heard, it's fine. Gameplay wise it's still the same old Rune Factory formula, so if you like that, you'll like the game. On the other hand, if you don't like that, this probably isn't going to be the game that changes your mind. It also had some performance issues at release but I don't know if they got fixed or not.
You can finally marry other girls but I don't think there's any exclusive girl-girl content, it's all neutral/playersexual stuff.
>>
>>3709632
It's still bullshit that she's not anime Uta.
>>
>>3707280
What game is this? Is it yuri or just some random quirky quotes?
>>
>>3709952
I keep buying the sequels because I loved Arland so much, but I don’t even enjoy the gameplay mechanics in the sequels as much. I keep hearing that they made it more beginner/casual friendly, but that just fucks up the gameplay loop I enjoyed about the older ones, I think.
>>
>>3709952
>Tristia and Neosphere
Hm, looks cool, looks like Recettear
>>
File: NepNoire.jpg (374 KB, 1000x1258)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>3710044
Its from the Neptunia spinoff game; Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online
If you're not familiar, Neptunia games have always been yuri friendly with the two main girls, Sega Neptune x Playstation girls being the flagship "main couple".
Pic is of said girls, guess which is which
>>
>>3710069
Written by the person who did Saki's route in Yumeutsutsu by the way.
>>
File: latest_92.jpg (1.72 MB, 3840x2160)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>3710044
>>3710077
Also forgot to answer the answer your second question;
yes, the spinoff game itself is pretty yuri as well.
>>
>>3710084
How much domestic violence does it have?
>>
>>3709011
Well my attention is piqued. I must know more about this.
>>
>>3710077
So yuri friendly that one of those main girls has a spinoff where you play a self insert male protagonist and get scenes like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIxb0oPDxvQ
>>
File: japs.png (283 KB, 800x449)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>3710094
Eh its a stupid thing they tried because the suits didn't understand their audience. Got ass-blasted in sales and reception immediately which was nice (in japan at least not sure internationally)
The series quickly pivoted back to CGDCT and they try to pretend that one game never happened so its up to the customers if they want to cancel them forever or not
>>
>>3710108
I wish they stopped at rebirth 1. That game is like a nostalgic comfy home/childhood friend.
>>
First Snow sequel announced to be in development
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1749770/Twofold/
>>
>>3710266
Cautiously optimistic since the first game was great for a freebie, although I already really dislike this sequel's flat androgynous MC, makes it look like a generic (you) from any random self insert game. The first game had more uniquely memorable character art.
>>
Anyone have a list of Yuri era games?
>>
>>3710291
>MC uses they/them pronouns

They might be really leaning into that androgyny, in a manner that I don't really care for.
>>
>>3710451
era?
>>
>>3710453
Sasuga studio elan.
>>
>>3710479
Text rpg porn games
>>
>>3710453
Knew it was too good to be true to get any yuri game announcements. The game first snow was a spinoff of wasn't yuri either so that was just luck.

>>3710483
Is elan even a sign of anything good at this point? They announced a bunch of yuri games years ago and I don't remember anything coming out.
>>
>>3710558
>Is elan even a sign of anything good at this point?
all releases associated with the studio at this point:

The remaster+DLC for Highway Blossoms

Heart of the Woods and its associated spinoff around the trans character

The prequel to a now-canceled project which involved a non-binary alien

One demo for a project that was supposed to come out in 2020, and then in 2021, and now in 2022, sure, really.
>>
>>3710558
>The game first snow was a spinoff of wasn't yuri either
Twofold is the game that first snow is a spinoff/prequel of.
>>
>>3710566
Shame that their role as a producer is just as questionable as a developer.

>>3710618
Thought for I heard them say it was a het couple for the main game, guess they pivoted. It was clearly said from the start that first snow was the only yuri couple so I'm not broken up about this, but I still let a moment of silence pass for the hope of another yuri game that never was.
>>
>>3710618
kind of sorry i pasted it here, i didn't actually know anything about either game, i just saw a steam update claiming there was a 'sequel' so i thought it might be relevant
>>
>>3710291
Had to triple take to figure out Olive was not a group. Threw me in Perfect Gold too.
>>
>>3710990
I know I'm an outlier on this but I'd much rather deal with a trans character than a they/them because I keep getting confused and having to reread things. I would rather people used a made-up pronoun because at least then I could get used to it and know exactly who it referred to.
>>
>>3711013
That bothers me too, but everyone seems to have thrown their lot in with singular they, so this is the world we live in now. It’s particularly confusing when you’re reading anything featuring a NB person and a group being mentioned at the same time.
>>
>>3711071
>It’s particularly confusing when you’re reading anything featuring a NB person and a group being mentioned at the same time.

Sis, that's just shit writing, you could literally say the same thing about yuri because two or more women with the "she" pronoun are interacting and it's confusing if the writer is a dumbfuck who isn't aware you need to be careful to distinguish them. Also, "they" was used as a gender-neutral singular since long before NB was even an identity, which is why most people decided to just go with what existed rather than make up some dumb-sounding substitute.

The only reason anyone should be getting up in arms about this is if the MC turns out to be some incredibly unfortunately-named, effeminate trap who is disguised by the gender neutral pronouns.
>>
>>3711141
There's absolute nothing good that can come out of this they/them MC. Being a trap is the least of your worries, that you can't tell if it's a female protagonist is bad enough already.
>>
>>3711141
>Also, "they" was used as a gender-neutral singular since long before NB was even an identity
Absolutely true, but it was also used in much more tightly circumscribed ways. We don't always know all the grammar rules we're following until we hear a non-native speaker mess them up. There used to be ways and circumstances in which 'them' was used, which are so built-in to common English that many people complaining about singular they will still USE a 'they' in the argument without even noticing it, because they're using it in those old forms. The new uses are awkward, and perhaps because they are already awkward, seem to prevent some writers from recognising when they've gone from mildly awkward to downright confusing because of multiple possible antecedents for 'they' in their sentence.

Singular they for a distinct individual works a lot better in speech and in person than it does in writing. In written works there were a large number of alternate pronouns popular in the 90s and 00s, particularly among members of purely-textual virtual worlds (MUDs, MUCKs, MOOs, etc). Despite a wide number of gender-divergent people in those places, 'they' was extremely unpopular as a pronoun choice. Most people used stuff like shi/hir, e/em, or *e which is impossible to use in speech.

Anyway. You're correct that it's largely a bad writing issue, but since these days it's considered inappropriate to actually explain the pronoun to the reader, with new characters in writing there's always going to be some initial hiccups before you realise that 'they' means a single person.
>>
y'all are wilding out over a character being nonbinary lol

get a fucking life
>>
>>3711229
Neesan, if we had fucking lives we wouldn't be on 4chan.
>>
>>3711141
I primarily meant in news articles I’ve read, which are by their nature supposed to be brief, but end up either having to talk in circles to make things clear or aren’t. Also I’m hardly up in arms about it, I just said it bothers me.

I’m also familiar with its use in the past, which was often primarily to obfuscate, like trying to avoid defining what gender your same-sex partner was.

We’ll adjust, I presume.
>>
Remember that imouto can be used for stupid kids that think they're hotshit.
>>
>>3711229
Mate if you think this is wilding you are on the wrong fucking website. This discussion has nothing on the fallout when watanare comes up in RR or the general.
>>
>>3711250
>watanare
Something happened with it?
>>
>>3711266
Nothing new, it’s just like lobbing a hand grenade composed of pure autism into a crowd whenever it comes up even obliquely.
>>
>>3711266
Nothing wrong with it specifically. It's just one of those series that has a small number of autists raging against it for reasons that only make sense to them.
>>
>>3711280
>a small number of autists raging against it for reasons that only make sense to them
So it's just the same as pretty much anything else that gets discussed, then
>>
>>3711280
>autists raging against it
I always thought that was the point of watanare
>>
>>3706540
>After you complete Pyramid Song the romance stops there. (A problem common to all romances and poor planning at CDPR's part.)
They did sort of rectify that with the last patch.
>>
>>3708705
Oh yeah, I forgot they doubled down on the whole Genji/Mercy thing too, didn't they? Ugh.
>>
>>3711280
>a small number of autists raging against it
You mean, a small number of autists who flood the thread discussing nothing but Watanare, entirely drowning out the original topic?
>>
>>3711432
Thanks for reminding me I wanted to play it patched.
>>
>artery gear
>2 fem protag options
>loli or onee-san
>Game recognizes your gender
>She/her pronouns
>Multiple girls have crushes on the commander (you)
>Multiple girls have crushes on other girls
This is the the new mobile game of the year and once it's out officially I'll be making a dedicated guild and thread for it here
>>
1-3 Flowers
4-6 YumeUtsutsu Re Master
7-9 Kindred spirits
0 ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
>>
>>3711855
Oh, good, that's the only one that doesn't make my laptop cook inside out.
>>
>>3711838
Stop playing mobile games.
>>
>>3711838
>loli or onee-san
>Multiple girls have crushes on the commander (you)
Tell me more.
>>
>>3711892
What's really interesting is that the default commander is the onee-san
>>
>>3711902
Are you completely sure the one on the right is a loli?
>>
>>3711838
Which girls like other girls? Yuri or not I don't like self insert couples, but I might give it a shot if the others are interesting.
>>
>>3711902
How do they expect me not to play as the cool old man?
>>
>>3711908
Yes because the game gives you two different types for gender. Males get the old man and females get the loli
>>
>>3711838
Sounds pretty cool
>>
>>3711932
Male or female being able to play as an old person is pretty rare so I get you, but even then yuri takes priority for me.
>>
>>3711902
If the girls didn't crush on the MC I would probably like to play as the old man. The loli versions outfit is hilarious. Its so tight you can see her belly button.
>>
>>3711916
>Reyla/Layla are basically a married couple
>Mel is the idiot while reyla is the tsundere
>Basically dog x cat
>>
>>3711946
>Reyla/Layla x Mel is the married couple
>>
>>3711932
>>3711942
>Playing as an old guy teaching young women the virtues of yuri love
Not gonna lie, I'd give it a try too.
>>
>>3711932
>preferring men to women
You're on the wrong board.
>>
>>3711934
Process of elimination is not enough, I fear. It could perfectly be a third male.
>>
>>3711987
>Switched to loli
>Pronouns are still she/her
It's female anon
>>
>>3711856
Why is your laptop inside out, sis?
>>
File: Yes, perfect.png (10 KB, 327x173)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>3711991
>characters refer to you by male/female pronouns instead of neutral ones
>the loli is referred to by 'she/her', so she's indeed a loli
>>
>>3711932
Tamaki, is that you?
>>
ugh, the disappointment of finding a "cute scantily-clad anime girls fighting game" on kickstarter and then reading further to find that the plot is that they're fighting over who gets to marry some dude who isn't even in the game.
>>
Just started heavens burn red.
Its cute and I like the characters and their interactions.

But as a game I don't get why its a thing... Why is it a mobile gacha game when like 7 days in its 99% just a VN with some slapped on combat and terrible transition gameplay...
I wish they just made this an audio novel or VN instead of a game.
And maybe it gets better later, but the focus being entirely on the main class kinda defeats the purpose of a gacha game doesn't it? Like some of the other girls have cute designs but I only care about the main 6 girls because they're the ones in the story and it feels weird to break them up.
except karen, she can get fucked
>>
>>3712228
It's a co-production between mobage devs and KEY, and KEY is known for making visual novels. A lot of mobage present their stories in VN-style so KEY just hopped into the scene with their VN expertise to put out something that leans more towards VNs. This is infinitely more profitable than just making a VN as well.
>focus being entirely on the main class
A bunch of other characters get focus, especially through events, but some in the main story as well. They're just avoiding the usual mobage pitfall where they barrage you with a hundred characters and expect people to care about them. Instead opt to build up the core team and then start expanding to the others.
>>
>>3712023
well tell us what that is so we could avoid it
>>
>>3712238
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/890048404/kung-fu-girls-fighting/description
someone should message them and tell them they'll get more backers if they remove the pointless het plot
>>
File: FB90xWaVQAM5hgw.jpg (253 KB, 1280x720)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>official illustration is Yuri
Artery gear is the gift that keeps on giving
>>
Any recs for text adventure games? Recs for pixel art games (any genre) would be cool too. I don't care about the genre as long as the yuri is good.
>>
>>3712252
>MOBA
>gift
okay
>>
>>3712271
You probably need to brush up on your video game terminology.
>>
Are there any fighting games with yuri?
>>
>>3709285
i was really looking forward to play more of it when i get the time but at least tell me there is no het? i'm well aware that gust won't have the guts to make their games full blown yuri but i can still enjoy it if it's het free.
>>
File: FR-cvF9aIAE7f-Z.jpg (469 KB, 1961x2048)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>3712228
>Why is it a mobile gacha game when like 7 days in its 99% just a VN with some slapped on combat and terrible transition gameplay...
Purely for financial reasons. Key's VNs weren't selling much anymore and Maeda's last anime attempts both failed miserably. They're still making VNs, but they're a lower priority and generally relegated to less prominent writers or guest writers like Romeo Tanaka and Ryukishi.
>Like some of the other girls have cute designs but I only care about the main 6 girls because they're the ones in the story and it feels weird to break them up.
Yeah, half the squads definitely only exist for gacha reasons. Hasn't stopped 30G, 31C and especially 31B from outshining 31A though. Maybe that'll change in the future, but 31A has been stale for a while now, with the girls' repetitive interactions only being interrupted by RukaYuki moments (whether silly or serious) or plot reveals. We haven't gotten many of the latter so far and I'm too tired of Yuki to enjoy the former much anymore.
>>
>>3712284
Arcana Hearts.
>>
>>3712285
There isn't.
>>
>>3712228
See, and here I am, as the type who never gacha'd, and would've liked something like this as a normal game. But including the gameplay.

I like me some simple grind and stats going up stuff. I like running around the school, listening in to some of the dialogue, or talking to people.
But given how expensive extra gacha is anyways, who knows. It might just work.

Still to early in myself though. Only beat 3 days. In... 3 days of playing. I did already throw some money on it though, just for the heck of it.

>>3712295
Key actually considered Summer Pockets a big success. Even though it was a shitty and rushed game. The market is definitely still there.
But it's hard to deny that gacha is big right now, and if you wanna get huge success, that's the way to go. Bigger risk, but more potential reward. It's also a more.. steady thing. They develop it and get a relatively steady income past the initial release. Once interest goes down, invested budget goes down until it vanishes. For consumers this isn't great, but for companies it is.

The VN market gets more and more dominated by short releases for "low" prices and is incredible stale in terms of what kind of VNs get developed. There are few things you can do and expect it to sell. Maeda probably just wanted something different for once, looking at what Heaven Burns Red tries to do. There's unfortunately no market for something like that.. outside of gacha.
>>
File: 97506602_p0.jpg (650 KB, 900x1077)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
>>3712352
There's nothing to miss out on at the moment besides the score attack rewards so you can mostly play the game as slow as you'd like. Honestly grateful for that because the gacha aspects are undeniably annoying, especially with chapter 3 being the power wall that it is. Maeda writing yuri is literally a treat for both my past and present selves, but I still cannot personally justify spending any money on the game because I know where it'd be going.
>It's also a more.. steady thing. They develop it and get a relatively steady income past the initial release. Once interest goes down, invested budget goes down until it vanishes. For consumers this isn't great, but for companies it is.
HBR is huge among whales from what I've seen. Given that the game has what is easily Maeda's best writing in over a decade, I don't see interest dying down all too quickly, especially among big spenders. It's kind of sad to see just how much more money it's making than a regular Key VN, but at least Maeda's at the wheel and he's finally woken up after all these years, so I can't complain too much. I just wish I liked RukaYuki more.
>>
>>3712023
I don't want to sound like Current Year Man, but genuinely why would you make catfights over marrying a guy the plot to your game in Current Year.
>>
>>3712365
The sad thing is, that a game like Heaven Burns Red would be impossible outside of gacha nowadays.

All ages VNs do not have a big market, and are largely pure love (not yuri), or have some chuuni-esque stuff going on, with male protagonists. But even then, they don't get particularly big. There's also otome games and yaoi that's somewhat around, but that's a completely different thing. Something along the lines of magical girl stuff basically does not exist, unless it features hardcore ero (of the not kind stuff), or has a male protagonist making it into something completely different.
And if you wanna make a normal (console) game, you are either Nintendo, have to have a BIG budget, or won't be selling much. With that in mind, a "game" like this also wouldn't really fly. Graphics and all.

Japan was always best at games you can make in small-ish teams. Think ps2 times. The mobile market offers chances, and has enough successful works that are similar enough to Heaven Burns Red. As much as I hate to say that, it only makes sense to do it like this. If Maeda would've done a normal VN again, it would've been another Little Busters, or Clannad. And I'd assume at some point a writer wants to do something else.

It's both sad and nice at the same time. Sad that it has to be gacha, nice that stuff like this at least exists. The business model is also so much better, considering there are mostly 2 kinds of people. Those who don't want to pay and pirate if necessary, and those who like to support what they enjoy. Gacha gets as much as people can/want to pay, while upfront payment will never be able to achieve that. The entry barrier there is strong.
>>
>>3712296
Thanks, I'll check it out. Anything else?
>>
>>3711838
is clarice rollable
>>
File: 8050896_p0.png (291 KB, 500x600)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
Are there any yuri crying games besides Seabed? I used to be into Key's stuff until Planetarian, then I lost interest in anything het. The plot for Narcissu 2 sounded gay but I never got around to playing it. I've played most of the well-known yuri VNs by now and I'm so bored that I'm even contemplating playing those Sakura Noun games.
>>
>>3712492
you're definitely not going to get an emotional workout from a sakura game
>>
>>3712493
Oh yeah? What if I'm the biggest pussy in the world?
>>
>>3712503
Then all the world can crawl inside.
>>
>>3712274
Gave the game a quick look and I'm kind of baffled at how that person could confuse turn-based with whatever was said.

Anyways, the game looks interesting. Thanks >>3712252 for the plug, would've never heard about this otherwise.
>>
File: 1652269186168.png (775 KB, 1708x1340)
775 KB
775 KB PNG
>>3712543
I learned you can also get FAGs through a collab which is nice. I just wish that FAG had its own game.
>>
Yumeutsutsu Re:Master is on a flash sale on Fanatical for the next ~44 hours at a historical low, USD19.49.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/yumeutsutsu-re-master

Re:After is also on sale there for USD19.99, and while it’s not quite the historic low (USD18.49), it’s lower than I’ve seen it anywhere else. You can also get a 5% off coupon when you make a purchase on Fanatical, so if you buy Re:Master in one transaction, you can use the coupon you get from that to take $1 off Re:After.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/yumeutsutsu-re-after

For those who aren’t familiar with Fanatical, since they are a bit more obscure than some of their competitors, they are a legitimate Steam key seller like Humble Bundle, not a grey market reseller like CD Keys.
>>
>>3712559
Speaking of Humble Bundle and potentially gay deals, Pathfinder: Kingmaker plus two of the four DLCs for it are in the USD13 tier of their newest bundle. It’s not a great deal if that’s all you’re interested in, though, since the Imperial Edition has been pretty close to USD13 before.
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/battles-of-yore-bundle
>>
>>3712559
That's a much better price than what it usually goes for. I wish I waited for this sale.
>>
>>3712559
Also, Fanatical was formerly known as Bundlestars if that name says anything to you. Fanatical and Indie Gala are legit Steam key sellers and have some good sales from time to time.
>>
>>3712560
Always wanted to try Scarlet Nexus since you can choose to play as a male/female and now its on sale. What do you think of this game?
>>
>>3713344
What do I think of the pie?
What do I think of the pie?
Goodness, gracious,
It's delicious,
That's what I think of the pie,
Because—
>>
>>3713344
Fairly sure that game doesn't have any yuri. Also, it's a Scamco game. Pirate it.
>>
>>3713344
You have to play as both male and female.
Its also not yuri.
>>
So yeah, Heaven Burns Red has its 100 days anniversary, and if you log in 10 times between tomorrow at daily reset (?) and june 13th, you get a free ten pull with a guaranteed SS. I'd assume you can't get two, but who knows.

I've cleared chapter 1 day 7 myself now, and am surprised that chapter 1 isn't over. Still fun. It's curious how the game has literally auto grind. You can tell it to just grind arena battles, while your phone is on stand-by, for 8 hours max. (more as you get levels) This doesn't need to recharge either. You just need to get your results, and can basically start another one right away. Gacha respecting your time? Apparently.

Still fun to see MC hit on all kinds of girls. Latest victim for me, the leader of the "senpai" brigade. Her speech about how liking girls as a girl is definitely nothing bad... and you shouldn't deny yourself from those feelings, was something. She can totally be pushed into that kinda relationship. This is more gay than I though, though MC can't necessarily be taken too serious.

Also, if anyone hasn't gotten their 1k free quartz for a "friend code yet", or plans to start out: You can get that when you use the button on the lower right of your home (you get there past prologue the first time). Any "friend code" works. Mine would be vwbivxdobw9954ty . It's not really friend codes mind you, just some "recommend the game" thingy.
>>
>>3713409
Nice.
I am liking the game, I wish my nip was a bit better. I can understand maybe 40% of it when its just the characters fucking around, about 10% when it gets into the actual story. But god I appreciate fully voiced scenes so much.
>>
>>3713408
>play as both male and female.
Gross. I'm never doing that shit again.
>>
File: 98074409_p0.jpg (200 KB, 1199x1281)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>3713409
Glad you're enjoying it. It's a good thing chapter 4 isn't coming out until a bit later, so you've got time to catch up. Don't rely too much on the autogrind - as great as it is, you have to properly learn the game at some point because of the eventual fuckhuge difficulty spike. What's your team looking like right now? And if you haven't used a referral code yourself thus far, mine is lebt7tvdincz216h.
>if you log in 10 times between tomorrow at daily reset (?) and june 13th, you get a free ten pull with a guaranteed SS. I'd assume you can't get two, but who knows.
If it's a typical 10 ticket with 1 guaranteed SS then you can definitely get more than one SS from it. It's just luck, as it always is.
>I've cleared chapter 1 day 7 myself now, and am surprised that chapter 1 isn't over.
Yeah, the length is a nice surprise. There's filler in all 3 chapters, but on the whole they're all pretty long. The first one is actually half length compared to the 2nd and 3rd, so you're in for a treat.
>Still fun to see MC hit on all kinds of girls.
Just wait 'til you run into the lesbian harem orchestrator. Even for Ruka, Shiki's a handful. Do her events when you can, they're a lot of fun.

>>3713412
Just use DeepL to cover the rest of your needs. If you feed it many paragraphs it tends to shit itself, but one line at a time for the lines you're struggling with is perfectly fine. I don't know the slightest bit of Japanese and I'm uninterested in learning the language, and it's carried me just fine through the entirety of the story so far. The most I'm missing would be some of the humor, but it's typical Maeda/Key humor. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not.
>>
>>3713344
Confirmed not yuri. Several anons have sacrificed themselves testing this game in previous threads.
Here's what I remember from the discussions;
>FeMC only has 1 female party member she's close to; her younger sister
>Said younger sister keeps harping nonstop about how she likes MaleMC
>FeMC eventually ships them and encourages imouto to go for it
>They end up together. FeMC ends the game alone

Also iirc, I think this is the same team that wrote God Eater 1 and 2's story. In those, the writers literally could not write a story where they couldn't self insert so even though you can create a FeMC, there's always an emo-guy character that was the crux of the story.

They got a new writing team for GE3 and Code Vein which fixed these and made the story more player-centric (CV even had a waifu who's only attached to you), but I see they're back to their shenanigans in Scarlet Nexus
>>
>>3713487
>They end up together. FeMC ends the game alone
Uh, I think you're misremembering considering the sister gets turned into a monster fairly early on then later dies protecting Kasane. It's not a /u/ game by any stretch, but still.
>>
>>3713494
Thanks for the correction. Yep its still stupid nontheless
>>
>>3713487
The real main character of Code Vein is still a bland man (Louis), and the player character is literally nothing more than a plot device, but the PC does at least have a dedicated waifu.
>>
>>3713409
>want to give them money for the gacha
>not in you're area :^)
Just let me pay you for lesbians God damnit.
>>
File: 20220520_081354.png (352 KB, 310x673)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>3713569
Might be for the best. Having abysmal pull luck while also saving up for someone whose class is terrible in gameplay at the moment is a special kind of hell.
>>
>>3713412
If you don't get something, people here might be able to help.
I'd assume most people's Japanese here isn't perfect, but at least I'm pretty used to playing games in Japanese, so I can (usually) understand the gameplay ideas. Fully voiced dialogue definitely helps. I can read kanji just fine, until things get technical, here voices help me personally.

>>3713569
I could pay just fine, being not in Japan. (Germany) Was surprised, but it works.

>>3713487
It was actually the Tales of Vesperia team, as far as I know. The story may've been insanely anime, but the writing quality was still much above God Eater's. Doesn't necessarily help it much, but with what story it told, it could've been a LOT worse. I'd assume the writer(s) weren't exactly responsible for what kind of setting/story they were supposed to do. Writing videogame stories is often a shitty job.
>>
>>3712295
I think the protagonist group would benefit from either being a harem or "everyone are for everyone" mexican telenovela mode. Right now they separated them in 3 designated pairings, but only the main character one gets some actual content, 2 others just barely get some crumbs once every x hours, usually as a comedy scene, even though I find both much more interesting than the mc pair.
>>
>>3713538
Imo Louis's story stops once you meet his sister, the first of the 4 pillars.
The other 3 are related to your other party members so he doesn't butt in, maybe for a line or two but he doesn't hog the spotlight.
After that its all about discovering how "McGuffin" you are in the grand scheme of things and unless you fucked up and get the bad end, he doesn't get back his prominence that he was given in the first act.

That's leagues better than GE1&2 where you're literally the one stomping all the giant gods but every one else can't stop worrying about edgy-what's-his-face throughout the game
>>
File: 97251972_p0.png (3.5 MB, 1450x2104)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB PNG
>>3713590
Yeah, I'm with you. 31A's dynamic is a lot worse than it could be, and I've especially grown tired of Yuki in particular. It's fun early on, and clearly yuri artists still see something in the main pairing, but the fun wore off pretty quickly for me. At least with the recent reveals we may finally have a reason to start expecting something different in future chapters, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
>>
Flowers fans get ready, Mayuri is coming back on June 18

https://jastusa.com/games/jast022/flowers-le-volume-sur-hiver-pre-order
>>
>>3713683
I guess hell froze over.
>>
>>3713683
I must've missed the flying pigs.
>>
>>3713689
I mean, we've been saying all along that 2022 would be bang on schedule for Jast's releases...
>>
>>3713683
Is this the third or fourth? I lost track since I decided to wait to play the series until they got finished.
>>
>>3713694
Flying monkeys, butt mine.

>>3713711
Fourth and final.
>>
>>3713683
Is the series all about the two girls couple? Or is there love triangle or shits like that? I'm not picking it up if it's the latter.
>>
>>3711250
>Watanare
Basically K-on's fandom but yuri, and it's even worse
>>
>>3713728
In the first three episodes, every episode is a little-bit triangley except that there is absolutely a Correct Route with just one girl and the other option, if you take it, is a small non-canon offshoot. each of the first three is based around a different protagonist and pairing. the fourth, iirc, wraps back around to the original protagonist in order to resolve her drama that's been left hanging.
>>
>>3713742
So it's like Sono Hanabira without porn?
>>
File: asrik1016_0.png (162 KB, 500x800)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>3713683
Wait they aren't selling the box editions anymore? I have every single one of them with the acrylic figures too.
>>
>>3713748
No. It's a (not very good) mystery novel with slice of life. Also christian school and all.
>>
>>3713569
I actually broke my f2p status just so I could give them my money because I was surprised and happy with how they handled the gay, got rewarded with 2 SS.
>>
>>3713794
>>3713588
How did you guys pay?
I'm doing it normally and it opens Google pay but tells me its unavailable in my country. Never had this problem with other mobile games even the ones I third party from Japan.
>>
>>3713748
it's an all-girls posh boarding school, but it's posh in a westaboo way, trying to be very european and catholic and making all kinds of random references to american movies and music in ways that if you're not used to this writer will make you wonder if that was really in the original text (it was). they have endless tea parties and nuns and ballet lessons.

and random 'mysteries' that are kind of dumb but will get you game overs if you fail them even though that makes no sense (another quirk of this author)
>>
>>3713814
Personally I miss having tea parties at my old catholic private school. The nuns made the best cookies and the calories were much needed for the equestrian lessons after our short tea recess.
>>
>>3713824
I actually did go to an all-girls religious school with mandatory ballet lessons, though waiting until high school age to start the girls on violin seems strange to me, we were straight in on violin and piano at the age of six or so.
>>
>>3713808
I unfortunately can't say. I did the same (couple of days ago), and could just pay. Google "Ireland" is on the bill.

Not sure if it's important, but my google account is pretty fresh and it was my first thing I purchased with it. The account is located where I live though. (not Japan)
>>
>>3713834
I could see holding off til highschool if they were receiving a piano education prior to that for music theory purposes and auditory familiarity.
Violin can be rough on your fingers and it's hard for kids to work with the bows without breaking them or misusing them. It requires a finer touch than most instruments so I can see waiting until they have foundational knowledge.
>>
>>3713839
Makes sense. I was a piano girl, I've never played the violin, I just remember that they had tiny ones for kids our size.

It does seem kind of funny to me that, in my school, those were the two things most girls were learning when we were young, and then almost everyone dropped both of them completely at junior high to switch into Band.

Not sure how much of that is that it was easier for our parents to make us perfect little ladies before puberty, and how much it was the need to be competitive with other schools in more normal things. Band and Choir are normal.

One girl in my class studied the harp before junior high, same sort of thing but way less common.
>>
>>3713834
>we were straight
How unfortunate.
>>
>>3713862
my entire graduating class has only one open lesbian in it, it's a shame
>>
So just asking if anyone knows. Does the CRPG Arcanum of Steamworks and Magicka Obscura have any romance. If so does it have any F/F romance?
>>
>>3713870
According to the hella yuri listing, you can play a female PC and hit up girls in a brothel, but no serious F/F romance. However, I have not played it.
>>
>>3713683
Where the fuck is the $40 limited physical edition version so I can complete the set, JAST? I didn't preorder the last 3 over 6 years to get fucked over on the very last one.
>>
>>3713870
>>3713881
you can also date one of your followers who's playersexual, provided you picked the right race and are not ugly. I got so many fond memories of this game, one of my first /u/ vidya experience. good times.
>>
>>3713898
Someimtes they don't put up a listing properly until they get back from a con but I don't know, has anyone tried asking them on twitter?
>>
Huh, so Tales of Maj'Eyal (ToME) has /u/ in it. Unexpected, but certainly welcome.
>>
>>3713926
Oh damn, looks like one hell of an autism simulator

Tell me more
>>
Yo, fellow anons.
I just finished Sutekina kanojo no tsukurikata and wow that is very fucked up.
I usually enjoy darker yuri but I didn't find much enjoyment out of it. Curious to hear if anyone else has thoughts on it or recommendations for better dark yuri.
>>
>>3713926
Wait what, I played the shit out of ToME when I was younger and a bit of a loser and I don't remember any. Aside from maybe nebulous stuff like saving the sun paladin chick if you're also a girl.
>>
>>3713930
ToME is a great roguelike RPGs. Definitely one of the best in the genre. The bit of unexpected /u/ is just a small cherry on a large, delicious cake.

>>3713937
How long ago? Because is gone through alot changes over the years. Current version is 1.7.4

The /u/ content is saving a girl from a daemon and you can start a romance with her if you're successful. It's very basic, but it's there. It even has a small effect on the ending.
>>
So, new page needed in a few days, what's news?
>>
File: chidoeri 2.jpg (230 KB, 1038x1340)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>3713683
Fucking finally, can't wait. I hope my girls get a bit of screentime.
>>
>>3713926
I haven’t played ToME since it was still tales of middle earth. I don’t like graphical tiles in my traditional roguelikes.
>>
>>3713984
Hiver never... oh shit, Hiver sometime.
>>
>>3713995
So, you only play roguelikes with text-based graphics?
While your adherence to tradition is commendable, i'd say you're missing out.
>>
>>3713908
Someone did ask on twitter and they said there WILL be a physical version they just don't have it up yet.
>>
>>3714041
That's a huge relief. JAST may have no clue what a calendar is, but at least they didn't ditch the physical release. I think I'd be kept up at nights knowing that my shelf had an empty spot for hiver that would never be filled.
>>
>>3713984
we're in the middle of anime central annnouncements, maybe something else will happen?
>>
>>3714081
Would be nice if Ever Maiden got a TL release date.
>>
>>3714027
I play modern roguelikes built around having graphics, I just find really traditional ones that used ASCII originally tend to be pretty ugly when they have graphic tilesets added. I played Angband for the first time late nights in college, and the stark black and white, highly representational look really added to the sense of exploring the unknown depths. But that could have been the fatigue.
>>
>>3714085
There was an ascii tileset, though I haven't played since before it was out of beta so I guess it might been removed. It wasn't the greatest but it was usable.
>>
So apart from ToME, are there any other roguelikes with /u/?

I think Devs that make /u/ games should really branch out a little more and not just do VNs.
I know it's not literally all VNs, but that seems to be what they mainly are.
>>
>>3714142
VNs are accessible for people whose main skill is imagining girls smooching. Even a simple indie puzzle game requires more coding and design skills than a lot of people have, and if you want to go beyond that, you start needing a lot more people and a lot more budget.

Most roguelikes have no romance at all afaik. There are some /u/ strategy games where you're collecting cute girls at least
>>
>>3714142
if you're up for 'invisible protagonist whose gender is never mentioned' games, Hearts of the Dungeon List is a really simple rpg with datable girls
>>
>>3714142
I mean most traditional roguelikes only have the tiniest traces of dialog, to say nothing of actual romance. So there ain't gonna be much unless you headcanon the hell out of DCSS or something. ToME is honestly more like one of them modern roguelitey games than a full on roguelike anyway. The genre and /u/ don't really mix.
>>
>>3714142
Not really, almost all of them have no romance and many have no companions and the barest of excuse plots. Closest I can think is a sandbox like C:DDA where you could do things like recruit female NPCs, turn them into catgirls and give them wedding rings if you want, but there's no actual relationships besides a simple is your friend/is neutral/wants you dead.

I guess there's also elona which does technically have marriage but there's no real difference between marrying a cute girl or a horse.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.