[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ulit-2022-03.jpg (70 KB, 522x640)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/-related /lit/ works!

Previous Thread: >>3706383

------
>Downloads:

ulit Archives 2020 torrent (10,058 books with release dates up till December 2020):
http://mgnet.me/.ulit2020
https://www98.zippyshare.com/v/2cHoRQTU/file.html

------
>How to find books:

Mobilism Search for Lesbian, FF, LGBT, and GLBT keywords:
https://forum.mobilism.org/search.php?keywords=Lesbian+FF+LGBT+GLBT&terms=any&author=&fid%5B%5D=376&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0

Custom Google Search:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=001639227550064093264:dznewka3cca

Downloading from #bookz on IRC:
https://imgur.com/a/AXp2bYW
https://pastebin.com/pwAudzs6

ZLibrary (Bookzz / B-OK):
https://1lib.sk/
https://b-ok.org/
https://b-ok.cc/
https://1lib.eu/
https://ar1lib.org/

Library Genesis:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
https://libgen.lc/foreignfiction/

------
Outdated recommendations document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18e71t0H7v6olXdY9Ig0giUjnhSt1zltLcLSpj3SxRaI/
>>
File: MyFirstUNovel.png (302 KB, 1309x726)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
New to /u/lit? Here's a small chart to get you started.

Collection download:
https://www114.zippyshare.com/v/vDm0TnLm/file.html
>>
File: yuri_fantasy.png (2.37 MB, 1316x1948)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
Top /u/ fantasy list

Collection download:
https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/iJuJCKsA/file.html
>>
File: Sorting _u_ Two.png (2.35 MB, 2801x7901)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
Oversized Chart

For the most up-to-date version, visit:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nx3GtKvTA4GF1oIisnP38xwbYUGcRnB4/view

To edit/view the original, press "Open with" and choose diagrams.net or add app to your GDrive.
This enables CTRL+F searches.
>>
Anyone read Reflector by C.X. Wells? A fanfic writer from AO3 recently published it.
>>
Delilah Green Doesn't Care - Ashley Herring Blake

Delilah Green must return to the small Oregon town where she spent her horrible teenage years after being hired to photograph the wedding of her estranged step-sister, Astrid. Claire, one of Astrid's best friends, is struggling with the "co-parenting" of her 11 y/o daughter when she is shocked to find that the formerly ghoulish Delilah has blossomed into a beautiful and cool woman. Delilah decides to get back at her stuffy step-mother and sister by having some fun with the pre-wedding events, and with Claire.

After reading a lot of the schlock that is discussed here, it is refreshing to read something that was written by someone who passed High School English. The writing is strong, flows nicely, and is not replete with grammatical errors or plot-holes.

The relationship was cute, the sex scenes were hot, and there were a few scenes where I got glassy-eyed. Unfortunately, the main plot leaves something to be desired. What initially starts as Delilah causing general havoc, turns into a coordinated attack with her and Astrid's friends against the fiancé, who is a caricature of upper-class, chauvinistic, cishet, white men. There is also a plotline about Claire dealing with her flaky ex which is kind of meh.

The book is obviously very progressive, Delilah almost always refers to herself as "queer" (stating that she does things with women and "non-binaries") and Claire is openly bisexual. I wouldn't say this is blatant virtue signaling because author doesn't bring up politics or go on diatribes about any specific movement, but the book does contain a lot of progressive language and the fiancé is such a cartoon that it does come off that way

I'm probably not making this sound very good, but overall it was a pretty solid read. It's almost certainly better than whatever straight-to-kindle shifter novella you were planning on reading.
>>
>>3737282
>Delilah almost always refers to herself as "queer" (stating that she does things with women and "non-binaries")
Dropped. I'll accept the most ESL Amazon trash you can throw at me before I read a single line of "queer" romance.
>>
Any horror stuff to rec?
>>
>>3737392
If you are strictly talking about horror I can only think of House of Hollow, but this one has minimal romance and no sexual content.

If you want thrillers or mystery I can come up with more recommendations.
>>
>>3737386
Weakling
>>
>>3737386
This but unironically
>>
>>3736840
Anon, you have to add at least Fingersmith on that thing. I know it's well known to people here, but for a newbie it's not. I only found out about this book after taking recommendations and reading 4-5 books.
>>
>>3736840
Where is the Third Person vs First Person tag?
>>
File: 1593933651095.png (1.76 MB, 1200x1690)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
Sup bitches, I need help writing a time travel supervillainess relationship story and need a way for her to "groom" her superheroine from lesbian youth to lesbian adulthood.

The thing is as a nonvag i don't have a good sense of what's creepy and what's not in this context. What are the redflags you don't want to see in your romance?
Thanks for your time. Remember to massage your hands people your fingers need time to rest.
>>
>>3737436
>this grammar
>this language
>maid dragon
I don't have the qualifications to help doomed people, sorry. At least hire a good editor, so when your story gets quoted here, anons will criticize everything but grammar.
>>
File: 1585514128904.gif (2.26 MB, 1920x1070)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB GIF
>>3737443
Can't wait to read your published works bud. Keep up the dream.
>>
>>3737436
you dont need to put groom in quotes when its literally grooming dude
>>
File: shego,rope.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>3737498
Ok yes then what do you think would be the closest thing to grooming without actual grooming. I was trying to infer that it would be grooming like, but not actual grooming.

Look i'm trying not to write for pedos, that's a competition i'm not going to win. i just want the girl to fall for the cool older girl who keeps erasing her memories.
>>
>>3737504
just make it actual grooming?
trying to make it as close to grooming without actually being grooming is in fact actually still grooming - either embrace the fact that youre writing a work with grooming in it or drop the concept altogether, because it will never work
also i am still laughing at the term nonvag, do you actually use that to describe yourself
>>
>>3737498
It's briding obviously
>>
>>3737436
grooming is fine when lesbians do it
>>
>>3737504
It is grooming. It might not be deliberate grooming, but any time an older person takes a younger person under their wing, using their superior knowledge and experience to guide the younger, it's grooming. You are preparing them for something in the future. In the case of child groomers, it's preparing them to be more easily exploited and abused. In your story, it would depend on what the villainess is trying to accomplish by interacting with a young version of (what I'm guessing is) her future rival. By the way, the concept reminds me of The Time Traveller's Wife. Have you heard of it?
>>
>>3737282
This was on my list for a while. I’ve read way worse so I’ll probably check this out sooner rather than later.
>>
File: 1587090994967.webm (2.96 MB, 854x480)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>3737570
>>3737554
Yes i'm trying to avoid watching it as i'm afraid it will make me sad. But i have read the tvtropes page and like the idea of scattered time blips. It might be a christmas story for them later.

The Villainess is a projection made flesh by the girl. Like Lucy and beetlejuce but lesbians. If anything the girl is grooming herself. So if you were imagining a older girl seducing you, what would be the correct things to avoid. The things that would make it difficult to fap to.
>>3737511
No just a dude. Do trannies live rent free here too?
>>
>>3737611
nta, but the time traveler's wife (film and series) are based on a novel by the same name.
now, idgaf about film or tv, but i would consider reading the novel as prudent research material for you.

regarding your writings, they can't really be judged until you've actually written something. come back with a few chapters then seek advice
>>
>>3737622
fair, i'll read it.
>>
>3737436
>Sup bitches
sttr
>>
>>3737630
>sttr
*srrt
>>
File: babus.jpg (39 KB, 739x415)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
I'm in for some yuru camp. Any books with scenes where the girls go outdoors and it's comfy and sexy? It doesn't have to be the entire focus of the book, just one scene is enough.
>>
Any books where a faithful Christian girl falls in love with a demon or a witch or something?
>>
>>3737858
If you're OK with fantasy christians, this is pretty much the premise of Daughter of the Sun by Effie Calvin.
>>
>>3737858
This is basically Give me Grace but it's a pretty weird one. I personally give it a 6/10 because of poor editing

But the summary is a demon that lost her memories ends up staying at a church and is used as a walking demon detector until some hints about her past comes up.
>>
>>3737282
Couldb't get past the first chapter.
>>
>>3737858
The one who eats monsters is kinda like that
>>
>>3737851
maybe the summer of our discontent by robin alexander ? I do vaguely recall a low drama ennemies to lovers about outdoor activities at a summer camp, but it's been a long ass while since I read it so yeah
>>
Any book with actually attractive, confident couples?

I really dont like how one of them always needs to be rolling in grease or damaged in some way.
>>
>>3738682
Pas De Deux - E. J. Noyes
>they work together
>both are competent at their jobs
>Addie used to "bully" Caitlyn when they were teenagers, but only Caitlyn sees it as bullying For Addie, it was just her awkward way of dealing with her HUGE CRUSH, which she still has, on Caitlyn
>0 shit drama, just them making out after Caitlyn accepts that Addie is a decent person and not a bully at all
Addie is just a cute goofy, honestly.
>>
File: 34742668._SY475_.jpg (67 KB, 317x475)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
got any recommendations that are similar to this?
Charon Docks at Daylight by Zoe Reed
>>
>>3738800
>First Person
Thanks but I’ll pass
>>
Give me books where girls lose their virginity in the history's timeline. I want description of it, not some "once upon a time, 10 years ago, and I will never elaborate more than this".
>>
>>3737611
>So if you were imagining a older girl seducing you, what would be the correct things to avoid
That's trope to literally pedophile. In the anime you posted, for example, it's very creepy. I prefer that the older woman treat the child-soon-to-be-her-wife with love and affection. With smiles, jokes... Things that are cute and not sexual. The girl would love her because she is the nicest adult she knows. THEN, when she reaches 14~16 years and her curves start to show up, the woman can start showing interest and the girl too.

It's a nice age gap you have here, but if you want to make it totally sexual, it's not going to work. This kind of creepiness only sells in anime/manga. Honestly, I don't even think you have the skills to do a good book with this idea. You're just horny, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>3738800
I thought I was remembering the plot wrong before realising there’s another u book with the same title.
What you described sounds nice too though
>>
>Scatter - Molly J. Bragg
What I expected:
>what was in the damn synopsis
What I got:
>black lives matter
>SJW
>homophobia crap
I'm not even finished and I'm sure the story revolves entirely around homophobia. A super powerful extraterrestrial, almost a goddess, came to earth to suffer homophobia and fall in love with the horny Bella Swan, who varies between drooling over every woman that appears on the scene and ridiculous shyness.

It's just so childish. I've seen YAs with more mature themes than that.
>>
>>3738816
I looked this up but it says it the narrative switches amongst three characters mainly and only one is a F/F pair?
>>
>>3739023
>A super powerful extraterrestrial, almost a goddess, came to earth to suffer homophobia
I can only image this character as lesbian space jesus with that description.
>>
>>3739036
most of the narrative is between 2 main females and you sometimes get to "look them through one of the lead's BFF only romance is between 2 leads. it's one of the best enemies to friends stories. characters are flawed and interesting. a lot of bullying if you are into that. Oh and sometimes you get the story from another main "pair" it's some old guy helping a young girl survive the apocalypse 0 romance between them just wholesome adoptive family vibes. recommend this book to anyone who likes dystopian future stories.
>>
>>3739023
Do you guys ever consider the author when choosing to read books? I look at the amazon/goodreads page for authors like this or Benjamin Medrano and say to myself: "No, I don't think I could ever read a lesbian romance written by them."
>>
>>3739062
>she dies
>homophobia rate drops to 0%
>we create a lesbian cult for her

>>3739320
I try not to take appearances into account, but now that I've had a good look at it, I'm starting to change my mind. A blue-haired trans author is actually more likely to do an entire book about "queer suffering", no matter the genre of the book, than a cute author who co-authored a book with her cute wife she gets the girl.

I mean, if you have a healthy life, would queer pandering live rent free in your head?
>>
>>3739320
>Do you guys ever consider the author when choosing to read books?
I think the synopsis and text sample are more helpful
>>
>>3739023
Okay, /pol/fag.
>>
>>3739065
Setting looks cool but unfortunately it’s First Person
>>
Are there other sides like literotica?
>>
>>3739755
>https://pastebin.com/4Rma2dv8
I happen to be lurking about this topic yesterday and found these sites. If you find anything good without incest and children under 13, please share.
I had to post it on pastebin because the goddamn chan is blocking them.
>>
>>3739904
Also if you find anything good with incest please share
>>
>>3740153
>incest
Disgusting.
>children under 13
They don't even have tits to play with! Come on!

I just want good ol' hormone-ridden teenagers handholdingTM while they try to hide it from their parents.
>>
/u/ incest fiction is a real untapped market
>>
>>3740165
>They don't even have tits to play with! Come on!
Even if you're not into that by itself, imagine the contrast between the gentle subtle curves of a kid and the soft sensuousness of an older girl. Maybe the little girl's just realising she likes girls, and is being gently guided or deliciously corrupted by an experienced older girl; or maybe the older girl is shy or even in denial about her feelings, and the younger one helps her open up, or perhaps wickedly seduces her.
>>
>>3740171
I'm here for exactly what the thread is for. Where the hell do YOU think you are?
>board's name: yuri
>thread focus: literature
>>3740194
That's just shit, it's full pedophile. I read this shit and I don't even see the point in being attracted to a child, since all the description is just plain.

For a situation the way you wrote it, I prefer a 17-23 year old girl hitting on a 15 year old with them being friends since childhood. All the girls are hot and with the descriptions I can see why the older one would start to hit on her little friend.
>>
So... I'm seeing a lot of people sharing material from unpublished books, is here the place for that? If it's original work, even if it's from AO3, then do I share it here?
>>
>>3740165
Flat chest is the best tits to play with.
>>
>>3740255
>17-23 year old girl
Yikes, imagine admitting your attraction to old hags.
>>
>>3740264
I'd say this thread is for published works, mainly western novels and literature. If you have original work you might first try the fanfic thread.

>>3690041
>>
Didn't there used to be a thread for anons' own projects?
>>
>>3740323
You mean fantasies?
>>
>>3740331
I don't think so, unless you're saying no one in those threads ever actually produced anything?
>>
>>3740336
>no one in those threads ever actually produced anything
Common knowledge
>>
>>3740346
It's not like this thread is any better. We do get a lot of people who have "good ideas" but haven't actually written anything.

AFAIK the one exception in this thread was the anon who wrote The Sword and the Storm, but I suspect they were here mostly to plug their work anyway.
>>
>>3740194
Based. Got any age-gap recommendations that aren't pure romance?
>>
>>3740360
There's at least one more published fantasy series an anon wrote. To my embarrassment I always forget what's it called ...
... right. The Lady's Bride and the sequel Dagny's Mother.

That being said I never got the impression this thread is for writing anything; it's just talk about what's out there.
>>
>>3740440
unbroken is awful
>>
Eve of Endless Night by SD Simper (Fallen Gods Book 5)

My main point here is that I enjoyed this book and it had many interesting scenes and nice interactions but it is a really bad book 5 of 6 in an epic fantasy series. The main story basically stops to finish off a recurring subplot and in some places the book even back tracks from book 4. Also Elolie is now so super horny that she has sex on a battlefield. The book opens with some sex scenes and it is really awkward.

I think the series' big strength is also a big weakness when it comes to setting up stakes. The characters are too familiar with each other so when characters who are supposed to hate each other interact it often feels more like saccharine blockbuster-esque ribbing. At the same time those interactions ARE enjoyable. I can't really articulate any more than that.

Also I'm now fine with the obvious twist that Chaos is Flowridia and Ayla's daughter. I hated it when they hinted at it in book 4 but now I kinda like it.

Eternal Online by TJ Reynolds

As a person who has never played Ready Player One, I assume this is what its like, a super cringe MMO thing with nerd references and a dystopian real world. That said I think the author may have just regretted making it an MMO at some point, it just becomes a generic Dark lord rising save the realm fantasy story.

Only other thing to say is that they get too much loot. THey are always picking up some new trinket that makes their jaws drop, please stop.
>>
>>3740468
Royal Road things I decided to read:

Fates Parallel by Darktechnomancer

A xianxia homage, xianxia apparently refers to web novels with the structure and style of battle Shonen manga, protags who get super powerful, stories set up in arcs and escalating power levels. The main is a homeless cat girl who is admitted to a magic school and discovers she's a one in a million level magic genius. Not very exciting for most here I imagine and desu I don't like her that much but the gimmick I guess is that she shares her fate with her ratgirl roommate who is a cynical murderous lesbian. The ratgirl isn't a sidecharacter, she's the (less important admittedely) deuteragonist.

Anyway, there's nothing special apart from that, the characters have east asian inspired names and dress but apart from that everything feels generic. On top of that, though catgirl is in love with the ratgirl, she also has a small crush on a boy so who knows where that will go. I mostly just like that it is a chosen two (as opposed to chosen one) setup The second major arc does have a sort of twist where the protagonists are set back in their advancement and have to slowly get back to their previous levels and they don't really pull out wins when they aren't "supposed" so there's that. I kinda stopped at the tournament and I'll check out the story five years from now.
>>
>>3740486
Displacement by OrbInAir

A canadian woman gets isekaid into a medieval/fantasy setting into what appears to be a parallel universe version of herself where she is a member of a semi famous mercenary band. On top of that the warrior version is isekaid to Canada. Hilarity ensues.

This is rather directionless and slow but I think its supposed to be read for the situations and interactions of these characters trying to acclimate to their new world. There is no power fantasy so far, she has no special powers and rather far in she is still trying to find a way home. The other version doesn't have a cast of characters and it is more like a sitcom.

Something I rather like, both versions are outright lesbians.
>>
>>3740360
>>3740336
>>3740346
There was a few decent RPG maker games that came out of that. Also when quests weren't banned here anons would write a lot of short form quests.
>>
>>3740360
Thanks for reminding me I never got around to finishing it. Looks like the author started some catra/adora fanfic but hasn't updated in more than half a year.
>>3740424
Would you have a link to those?
>>
File: daughter_of_redwinter.jpg (121 KB, 261x400)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Daughter of Red Winter - Ed McDonald

MC starts out as a nobody in a besieged castle, finds a dying woman, and a chain of escalations eventually gets her to Redwinter, an academy-ish fortress for Draiohn, warrior-mages.

This was great. MC is fantastic, she starts out vulnerable but quickly grows into someone with incredible agency. After the intro, the plot gets surprisingly SoL--ish, focusing on a lot of world-building and character development, but pacing never gets bogged down. There are some genuinely excellent twists and subversions.

Prose is good, not spectacular but certainly a step above YA fantasy (this is categorized as adult). Author does have tendency to repeat himself and lacks subtlety, but as far as /u/ prose goes it's great.

Biggest downside is the het at the start. MC starts out in a relationship with her adopted father figure who's twice her age, and it's exactly as predatory as you expect. Fortunately, that relationship dies before the 20% mark and it's mostly /u/ goodness from there. MC is canonically bi, and the romance is fairly light in general, but the parts with MC and her love interest are sweet. The author does seem to be gearing up for some sort of love triangle? with a possible het love interest? Too early to say. Definitely more /u/ and less het than Red Sister. The book actually reminded me a lot of Red Sister.

Hard to say how the series ends up, but if the author goes full /u/ in the sequels this might be one of the greats. Would recommend to anyone who likes high fantasy but purityfags should probably stay away.
>>
>>3740487
Interesting. Can you tell me more about their lovers? It's a pretty long story, so I'd like to know what her interactions are like in advance.
>>
>>3740778
So as of where I'm at (twenty chapters in, this is the situation.
The fantasy MC was a casanova so when Canada MC gets her body she finds she has been stringing two women (a barkeep and a nobles daughter) along. She gets pushed around a bit and sleeps with both of them because she's trying to keep cover at first but she ends up rather liking both. Meanwhile Canada MC seemingly had no maidens, though she was openly gay. Fantasy MC still seems to be gathering a cast of characters so I don't know how that will go.
>>
>>3740771
Seems right up my alley. Thanks for the rec.
>>
>>3740821
The lesbian harem genre needs to grow real badly
>>
>>3740771
>MC starts out in a relationship with her adopted father figure who's twice her age
Figures this makes me not even try to pick it up knowing author can pull such shit again in future if wanted in sequels cause MC is bi excuse.
Such authors should not be trusted and supported, but hey anyone can read any low tier shit if they want and it's exactly YA fantasy level where always some hetshit needs to happen to the girls.
>>
>>3740771
It has a nice cover therefore I'm gonna check it out
>>
Brooke Campbell - The Warrior Within
Standard vampire romance that ... kinda was so standard I didn't mind it?

Heroine with some self-esteem issues (due to some health troubles) spots this incredibly sexy lady in a bar, and, would you believe it, that sexy lady is into her, too. What a happy coincidence ...
... also she's kinda pale, super strong and fast, sometimes a bit predatory (in a sexy way, of course), her eyes occasionally flash red, she's in the blood business, her friends are kinda suspicious, she's originally from France, she's seemingly reading minds at times, and, uh, what else?

Yeah, obviously she's a vampire. But, to be fair, how do you avoid the reader going "duh" with that? It's a vampire romance. Of course the vampire love interest is going to be too obviously vampiric ...

Anyway; there isn't too much to talk about after that. Obviously the heroine doubts this super-sexy-rich woman could be into her, super-sexy-rich woman convinces her otherwise. It's a shamelessly thirsty romance; sure, they say this or that about why they are into each other, but primarily, they really, really, really just want to fuck. Weirdly, the sex scenes felt almost perfunctory; I think the author had more fun writing the build up.

There's some antagonist male vampire and surprisingly it gets more tense than I expected. Like everything else it feels familiar and kinda generic but, eh, nothing too egregious or super annoying.

I was surprised that the heroine does NOT get turned into a vampire at the end; in fact that's not even really brought up.. There is a small somewhat bewildering bit about feminism in respect to relationships with vampires, but it was more, uh, slightly confusing than anything else. The heroine's independence (or something) is a bit of a theme so, I get it, but also, eh. Was kinda misplaced, I felt.

Was altogether okay. Generic, but okay.
>>
any books with native american characters? only one i've seen is that lentzski book about a dating show
>>
File: shall_machines_divide.jpg (35 KB, 307x475)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Shall Machines Divide the Earth - Benjanun Sriduangkaew

Yeah I know we all hate Benjanun, and for good reason, but this book was fucking excellent

Takes place in the far future where machines rule the universe. They've set up a remote planet where humans pair up with machines and fight to the death. It's sci-fi battle royale. More specifically, it's sci-fi FSN. Master/servant = duelist/regalia. There's even an analog for command seals.

MC arrives late to the party and pairs up with an AI who just happens to be a 10/10 woman who's utterly devoted to her. Daji's the girlfriend you always wish you wanted. She's subservient and also invincible. She worships the ground you walk on while flaying all your enemies. Her relationship with MC carries the whole book.

Pacing is tight. Nothing's wasted, the book is short as fuck. For a battle royale there's surprisingly few competitors, since MC arrived late. There's a couple of obvious twists but people read battle royales for the setup and the characters, not the plot.

Benjanun's prose is as exorbitant as always. For a lot of people it'll be flowery. I love it because I love flashy prose. You'll never be bored reading.

Safe for purityfags, there's no het at all involving MC or her robot gf.

Overall highly recommended. Benjanun is actually a great author, shame she's such a massive fucking ass
>>
>>3742390
>Machine Mandate Book 3
Are 1 and 2 not connected to this?
>massive fucking ass
What's the drama?
>>
>>3742413
you can read it without reading anything else in the series
>>
>>3742415
Okay. Is the cover meant to be the MC or the robot servant.
>>
>>3742417
mc
>>
>>3742413
She's a famous internet bully/troll (she actually had an award winning expose written about her.) She keeps her head down now and writes much more niche stuff for her and her small circle.
>>
>>3742424
>>3742421
Never mind, checked the preview on Amazon and it's First Person...
>>
>>3742429
sasuga first person autist
>>
>>3742429
filtered
i have come round to first person after touching myself to genderswapped bts bully fanfics and realising that really, nothing could ever be lower than that.
>>3742390
what kind of name is benjanun sriduangkaw
anyway, ill read it
>>
>>3742431
>>3742438
Is really like the look of the MC on the cover so I’ll give the preview a chance I guess. But I find it hard to financially support first person
>>
>>3742390
>an AI who just happens to be a 10/10 woman who's utterly devoted to her.
>She's subservient and also invincible. She worships the ground you walk on while flaying all your enemies.
Sounds boring as hell
>>
I just want to rant about how much I hate the trope where 90% of the way through the plot just stops, and the protagonist is completely removed from the situation to go back to their boring life (then they return after a few months/years when they see something that reminds them of the time they spent).
There is nothing I hate more than being in some enchanting setting where the protagonist is finally starting to settle in, when some bullshit comes out of nowhere and says "sorry, you have to leave the love of your life and return to your lame cubicle job" because the shitty author didn't know what to do for the shitty "climax" of their shitty book.
>>
>>3742727
I fucking hate this too.
>>
>>3742727
>>3742735
Metaphor for life, zoomies.
Vacation doesnt last forever, you're back to the grind soon or later.
>>
okay it's going to sound specific but I'm learning italian atm, any italian anon around with recs ? things written in italian would be what I'm looking for, but if anyone has recs for books where the story takes place in italy that would be nice too !
>>
>>3742818
>hurr durr that's just life
Boomers still be trying to force this meme?
>>
>>3742818
If I wanted real life, I obviously wouldn't be wasting mine reading books or any other crap. In an ideal world, people would create a tag just for this shit trope so I wouldn't have to waste my time reading this garbage.
>>
>>3742844
>people would create a tag
You want some trigger warnings too?
>>
>>3742912
Are you retarded? What kind of question is this? Warn people is literally what a tag is for.
>>
Fleshed out an entire Teacher x Delinquent x Popular girl book.

>Teacher 26, other two are 17
>T Finishes collage, gets hired at a rich kids highschool
>T gets forced into being detention teacher and staying every day to watch one student
>D shows up almost every day in detention because PG is bullying D and framing her
>T&D start getting along and she finds out D's not actually that much of a delinquent
>Turns out D and PG used to date and were delinquents together since they were young; until P's parents walked in on them being lewd so they almost sent PG to boarding school abroad (Her parents are on the school board and founder)

>D took the fall for it, not wanting PG to get in trouble or lose her scholarship, so to make it seem like PG really doesn't like her, she tells PG to bully her and tell people they got in a fight or something.
>PG doesn't actually hate D, and agrees it's better to at least see one another sneakfully at parties or other places then be completely seperated
>T&D start getting along and T tutors D, helping her grades a lot and they develop a slow burn relationship
>PG catches on to them and becomes livid and jealous
>Both Teacher and Popular girl fight over Delinquent and increasingly try to win her over.
>Sex, blackmail, yuri rape, drugs, other delinquent shit
>>
>>3742957
this is a thread for real books
>>
File: serval smug.png (174 KB, 358x358)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>3742957
>sneakfully
>>
>>3742957
Trash. 1/5 on goodreads for sure if you ever released it
>>
>>3742912
TW are good.
>>
>>3742957
What's the book, anon? What is the endgame?
>>
Is there any books or series where the main couple that has same-sex impregnation and have their own children?
>>
>>3742727
How about you don't read Isekai garbage. Your own fault.
>>
>>3743043
The book that pissed me off (most recently) wasn't fantastical, it was about an upper-middle class urbanite that buys and moves to a small Napa Valley winery.
>>
>>3742390
>>3742413
have you read the other books in the series ? any recs about those ?
>>
>>3743014
Only thing they are good for is including them in searches instead of excluding them because I exclusively read "triggering" shit. Imagine getting scared by words.
>>
>>3743014
You can literally just use tags. The "trigger" part is there to say "I'm a good person".
>>3740412
Seconded
>>
>>3739023
>search author name
>search "[author name] twitter"
hahahahahah oh god. seriously do some research
>>
>>3739023
>>black lives matter
>>SJW
>>homophobia crap
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3743154
you can tackle racism and homophobia without being incredibly lame about it. google "Molly J. Bragg twitter" and realize this ain't worth defending.
>>
>>3743165
"Lame" is subjective.
>>
>>3743167
Enjoy your " Author of Queer Books. Trans Woman. She/Her" fiction then
>>
>>3743171
Don't mind if I do.
>>
>>3743148
>Seconded
NTA, but Unravel by Rebecca Lazaro is decent.
>>
>>3742390
>Benjanun Sriduangkaew
Oh, the book was fun, how bad can the author be?

>RPG CODEX poster
It was worse than I imagined.
>>
>>3742912
Tagging is so I can find what I actually want to read faster and not trudge through hetshit, retard.
>>
>>3743375
We’re talking about tagging for a specific portion of the narrative (character goes away then comes back), which is a stupid suggestion that only snowflakes who also demand trigger warnings would want
>>
>>3743423
Not the same as people in this thread defending this https://mobile.twitter.com/themollyjay

I think you're fine to criticize it but you're kinda grasping at straws calling it SJW or whatever.
>>
>>3743423
It's a shitty trope and a shitty way to end some of these stories. I've seen stories do it well but they usually end the romance with both of them in the same setting anyway. It's a nice way then to have a climatic ending and then a dramatic falling action to end the story where they they don't know what happened to their love interest only for them to showup suddenly and then the romance concludes with them getting together in the new place and we find out what happened in the past/future/fantasy whatever.

People are complaining when the romance abruptly ends and both love interests never meet again. All so the protag can go work a 9-5 job and be a miserable fat fuck in this shit world.

Also trigger warning & snowflake are so boomer tier at this point.
>>
>>3743434
>Also trigger warning & snowflake are so boomer tier at this point.
Yeah because you guys just approve of them now >>3743014
>>
>>3743436
Most TW does flag content for shit like het rape happening so it isn't bad at all. You can just ignore the fucking warning and move onto the story and allow it to exist for people who would appreciate it so they don't waste their time.

Fuck we technically already do trigger warnings for this thread when it comes to rape, het romance, and etc and now you're being autistic about it because someone had a warning for something else they didn't like? We even have trigger warnings for the faggot who hates First person novels now. Please shut the fuck up.
>>
>>3743436
Nah it's cause I'm probably closer to you politically than anyone else in this thread. No one other than boomers uses those phrases anymore outside of the most mentally ill leftists.
>>
>>3743437
Just say "content warning" in all cases and don't enable a lame culture that'll get you in trouble for liking things everyone on 4chan likes. Even the so-called "snowflake" crowd replaced "trigger" with "content" in their vernacular cuz "trigger" became a goofy meme.
>>
>>3743442
"Wahhh call it something else I don't want to read the word trigger warning"

Isn't that a trigger warning because you're a "snowflake" about the word "Trigger"?
>>
>>3743441
I wouldn't have used that language myself since it is linked to people just as lame in many people's minds but it's not unreasonable to not want dime-a-dozen net activism in your escapist lesbian fiction. I'm pretty left leaning and agree racial profiling is a problem but I don't want to think about that when reading escapist lesbian stories; it's not "FUCKING /pol/" to not want this stuff in everything.
>>
>>3743445
Do you think the community that made such things rampant in culture is overall fine with the kinda "problematic" stuff discussed in this thread. >>3740194 Do ya really
>>
>>3743450
The kids on tumblr who made that shit up in 2014 are probably here in this board now or somewhere else. It's just words retard, close your eyes or turn off the screen.
>>
>>3743451
I know they are dummy I saw people chased out of threads cuz of it. Why do you want /u/ to be like every other shitty internet community.
>>
>>3743452
4chan as a whole isn't the same website since the election tourists stayed after reddit banned their boards. Board culture used to have people making their own shit, we used to have quests and video game dev threads on the board. It's too fucking late for this horseshit you're trying to force on the thread. Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>3743453
Yeah, nah. I don't want /u/ to be /pol/ but I don't want it to be Twitter either and I'm gonna tell both to fuck off.
>>
>>3743446
I've been on this board since 2008. I don't use the terms to criticize anything in this thread because everyone one would just dismiss it out of hand but also it's just not relevant mostly - but anything that goes full modern politics goes to shit IMO. You can even see it in this thread - I think those works are universally despised since they never have a normal fucking romance or an actual decent plot to keep you hooked. Also so many are just bad ideas the book.

12 years ago people could write normally. Then Occupy Wallstreet happened.
>>
>>3743455
12 years ago it wasn't as easy to become a published author either. Literally anyone with an internet connection and a computer can become one nowadays. It's a logical conclusion when everyone has the ability to make entertainment nowadays which is why I'm thankful for that anon that's able to just read through a bunch of this shit for the sake of the thread.
>>
>>3743455
I've been here since 2005 and there was always some brief political/identity drama along with relationship advice threads, especially given the people who came here from The Shoujoai Archive, but people unironically crying about "toxic problematic content" like in the Amphibia threads and bringing in "anti vs proshipper" drama instead of just liking weird shit like a normal 4chan person is a very new thing. It's not hard to drive that crowd away either if you're not a doormat.
>>
>>3743457
Yeah that anon is pretty useful. I have no idea how they manage to read through some of this stuff.

>>3743459
I was on Shoujo Ai prior to this site. Browsed it mostly for the fanfics. Not really a member but just a lurker. Ended up coming here through Something Awful later.
>>
>>3737436
There's literally no way to make this not "creepy" or have people like >>3737443 approve of it so just make it as id-driven as possible and have fun.
>>3743461
Dunking on Molly J. Bragg types is normal and the way Something Awful ended up is how I don't want 4chan to end up.
>>
>>3743464
I didn't actually look at the Molly J Bragg twitter till just now. That is everyone of the worst books/authors in this thread.

And yeah SA went to total trash years ago. Mods had too much power and were all collectively nuts.
>>
>>3740918
I'd prefer lesbian polyamory.
>>
>>3743474
well *I* would prefer lesbian polyfidelity
>>
>election tourists RPing as an oldfag getting triggered at the phrase trigger warning for a quater the thread
>unironically using "snowflake"
2016 called, etc...
>>
>>3743551
both are stupid terms to use earnestly and ironically. just let it die
>>
>>3743446
It's not unreasonable at all to want that but why can't people when they come across something they don't like just move on to the next thing and not fucking whinge about it
>>
File: you know why.jpg (106 KB, 1050x580)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>3743596
Because we are on an anonymous imageboard and I need to show you how my goddess opinion is superior to your garbage opinion and how everything you believe is and always will be, in fact, garbage.

If you don't like it, you have to go back to writing in your diary, where no evil anon can ever hurt your sweet sweet feelings.
>>
>>3743453
Lmao, I bet you joined in 2014
>>
Onee-sans can we cut the shit, it's starting to look like /b/ or /pol/ in here.

Can we just go back to the usual autism that we all enjoy and are used to. Like arguing about prose, first/third person perspective, p/u/rity fags and non-p/u/rity fags and most importantly the largely mediocre lesbian fiction we love.

What was everyone's first lesbian read? Excluding any fanfiction mine was "Witch Wolf" by Winter Pennington. I remember it being good but I feel like if I go back and read it now, I'll think it's probably middling at best.
>>
>>3743711
The classic Annie on my mind, still have the paperback somewhere.
>>
I'm beginning my reread of gideon the ninth and then Harrow in anticipation for Nona in September. Anyone else excited for the new book?
>>
Has there been any news about the "the one who eats monsters" sequel? is Casey Mathews still working on it or was it abandoned is she even alive?
>>
>>3743711
I think it was something by Robin Alexander.
>>3743716
It's finally coming out? Might finally read the second one then.
>>
>>3743711
thirteen hours by Meghan OBrien, was pretty fun fun back then
>>
>>3743716
Very excited. I'll do my reread in August.
>>
>>3743701
>>3743703
2006 nice try. The board already changed when we allowed western shit.

/u/lit, /co/ shit, liveaction threads and etc weren't allowed here. If the gatekeeping worked those threads would still be banned to this day instead of you retarded newfags whining about someone using "trigger" over "content" despite the meaning being exactly the same fucking thing.
>>
>>3743716
who the FUCK is nona
>>
>>3743765
Alecto in Harrow's body, clearly.
>>
>>3743711
I think it was the first Lyremouth book. I used to almost excusively read high fantasy, but now I mostly prefer contemporary stuff aside from the more high-profile fantasy novels like >>3736845
>>
>>3743767
Then why isn't it named Alecto then?
>>
>>3743764
"Trigger" implies "this content might trigger someone's PTSD/other serious conditions" and came to comically be used for everything until it turned into a meme; like "no a picture of Pikachu looking at the camera isn't gonna trigger scopophobia". "Content" became more common because it can include everything from "this might bring back serious traumatic memories" to "some people might not like this" - it immediately feels less tryhard.
>>
>>3743821
Because that's the title of the next/final book, and this one was originally part 1 of Alecto.
>>
>>3743765
Nona your business
>>
girlfriend project new chapter
https://www.mangago.me/read-manga/the_girlfriend_project/uu/to_chapter-34/pg-1/
is this a sign of some development in the story ?
>>
>>3743825
>I'm a whiny little bitch who's triggered seeing the words "trigger warning" and here's my cope
>>
>>3743745
Dude got nabbed with cp as is natural for a libertarian.
>>
>>3743837
Gonna wait for the final book then till I start reading.
>>
>>3743889
What are you doing in lit
>>
>>3744032
nah I'm not gonna compare my dislike of a term to having ptsd cuz I'm not that lame
>>
>>3744412
>I-It's not the same when I do it!
Okay, hypocrite-kun.
>>
I had to go spoiler myself a week or so back when I got to the arranged marriage part of Priory of the Orange Tree. I just can't will myself to continue reading.
>>
>>3744742
I just started to treat it as a sort of black comedy. How quickly the baby and husband are killed off was hysterical. It really is complete trash
>>
>>3744768
Do they kill them off immediately? I don't like the ending either from the sounds of it. Sabran's racism/ignorance is poorly written too. Just in general it's not well handled. Real leaders can be both racist and practical. It's just dumb.

I kinda just want to fix this over reading more of it. You have a queendom and magic right? Dragons exist and you think it wouldn't be that hard to conceive of the lesbian witch bodtguard order getting each queen pregnant with magic so she always gives birth to daughters. Drop all the non lesbian stuff since it's never going anywhere at a decent speed.
>>
>>3744742
Shit, what? I just started reading this, fuck
>>
>>3744768
Honestly, the fact that the child died too is pretty shit. What is the point of this marriage then? Did she fuck this random for nothing? I found this book very boring, there's a lot of focus on the fag and the world doesn't delight me. I stopped reading there in part 5 for months and I don't feel like finishing it.

>>3744809
Hence the "contains het" warning. The queen has to marry and produce an heiress.
>>
File: benjamin spiderdrew.jpg (1.55 MB, 4032x3024)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>3742413
>>3743136
i have ripped all five of the main series and will report back - only 2 of the five (3 and 5) are tagged as lesbian and the rest are just queer so we will have to see
>>
>>3743765
random soul in gideons unoccupied body (unocupied bodies can be inhabited by wayward souls)
>>
>>3745043
>gideons
Harrow's you mean?
>>
>>3745045
no? gideon is in harrows body
gideons body is empty and in the possession of Hect et al. on some blood of eden world.
>>
>>3744798
I rolled my eyes at how the book spends its duration preaching how the queendom's traditions and beliefs are mistaken and therefore unforgivable, and puts Sabran through a huge crisis of faith and suffering to change it from the ground up. But then in the end Ead just goes to be the boss of her sociopathic murder cult, because their traditions and beliefs are totally cool and it was her childhood dream.

Why did only one person have to sacrifice everything for the other?
>>
>>3744991
>What is the point of this marriage then?
Well, with how the plot is set up, it was unavoidable. If the heir lived, Sabran would've had to die instead. But, yeah, in that case, why make her pregnant in the first place? I guess it was just the author's fetish
>>
>>3745065
That was my issue with it too. It's only the queendom that is ever at fault. The queendom where you are allowed to be homosexual. It's white people are bad, ignorant, and racist but they are completely ok with only women ruling them and homosexuality????? Everyone else gets magic powers and dragons because whites are ignorant.

It's just really dumb.
>>
>>3742390
Does the MC end up with the AI? Yes or no is enough.
>>
>>3745065
>>3745105
Jeez it's that bad? I got bored with it when it kept switching from the Queen shit to not asia.

We're really hurting for some decent books right now not gonna lie
>>
>>3745042
what's your e-reader?
>>
>>3745105
Not to mention the queendom had pretty legit reasons to fear dragons and shut out their followers, like the fucking incurable plague and shit, and then everyone's just like "wow what prejudiced bigots!"
>>
>>3742390
This was really good, thanks for the rec. I think it might be too tight, though. The set up for the relationship was good, but it's so fast-paced that it was hard to tell at which stage they were at. Not exactly rushed, more like jerky? I wouldn't have minded an additional subplot eliminating another contestant to smooth a little bit the relationship development and provide more interactions between the two.

On a different note, this book just made me realize what an amazing premise is FSN. At its core it's not about a battle royale, it's about subverting the expectation that, as characters, the servants are beneath the masters: weapons to be used to achieve the masters' objectives, pokemons to watch fight. Yet they end up being at the same level. Most of the twists, both in FSN and in this book, stem from this narrative sleight of hand.

>>3745217
Yes.
>>
>>3745221
onyx boox note 3
its like 10" and a 220ppi display, very clean and nice if youre okay with ereaders but they make smaller form factors too but i mainly got it for reading at home and on planes so the less portable nature doesnt affect me much
the note taking/writing function is pretty good for an ereader as well! id recommend to anyone who wanted something more premium/open source than a kindle desu (it runs modified android)
one downside of the large eink screen is that its a pain to use ao3 on and anyone within a 10 metre vicinity can see youre reading porn but im sure thats just a me problem
>>
>>3745050
>gideons body is empty
>>3745043
>random soul in gideons unoccupied body
So it's not "empty", then?
>>
>>3745301
That was another thing that bothered me since those are pretty legit reasons to outlaw contact with another group. Rulers would still send diplomats and have some trade. The whole thing with the couple that tried to form an alliance between the east and the west and died for it because both sides are stupid only for them to ally up to fight dragon Satan or whatever anyway. Just everything I looked up sounded bad and the book was already dragging massively as it is.

Maybe I'll start on Gideon next.
>>
>>3745301
>>3745359
Feels like this isn't worth finishing to be honest. At least Baru was self aware that her goals were selfish.
>>
>>3745353
its empty until the epilogue of harrow, happy now?
>>
File: 41Jt2AOwffL.jpg (20 KB, 313x500)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Setting looks interesting

Any read this yet?
>>
>>3742390
It's like a mini F/SN story, though the way you describe Daji's devotion to the MC doesn't do it justice and just seems like it comes out of left field when it doesn't. Not really anyway. I enjoyed it, but it isn't anything special. Hopefully anon will say whether or not the other ones are good /u/ as well.
>>
just heard of this and got it. any nonnas read it?

22 pages in and it's really introspective depressing "adult life" tier stuff, but i'm depressed already and like that kind of thing so. think the main theme is going to be about failed relationships which might be a dealbreaker for some
>>
Any yuri cultivation novels? Like Imma sit in this cave for 1000 years cultivation but also with yuri.
>>
I can forgive first person, but when the narrator uses twitter/internet slang and talks like an obnoxious zoomer that's where I draw the line. Imagine thinking "this particular happily ever after is a real banger" is okay to put in a book. I don't want to read a Twitter thread, I want at least an attempt at literature.
>>
Lee Winter released a Brutal Truth sequel of sorts; unfortunately, the description already sounds so generic it practically makes me want to cry.

Fuck that and the sheer creative bankruptcy with those A-meets-B romances.
>>
>>3746848
dont you have tax forms to fill out or something equally dull you fucking millenial that happy ending was bussin
>>3746840
seconding this
>>
>>3746848
>old woman yells at clouds
>>
>>3746848
If you’re reading something where the narrator is supposed to be a zoomer it’s fitting just like with any other slang.
>>
I hated all this obnoxious made-up slang in A Clockwork Orange's narration. Really ruined the book for me.
>>
I really don't like to read romance books where the 2 characters have met before. As in, childhood friends that are later reunited or a one night stand from years before.

It feels like a big part of story is lost.

That said, I love stories where the character returns to her childhood city or something like that and a romance develops between her and another character that used to bully her, or didn't really care about her at that time.

Crazy how things work.
>>
alright ladies i sat down and read And Shall Machines Surrender
-femslash romance between two she/hers
-other people have neopronouns
-not first person
-happy ending
all in all a fun novella even if its short but im hoping the rest of the books will be self contained rather than a continuation, it has good murderbot vibes which i liked. not a book to read with your hands in your pants unfortunately but the vibes are real

and as always, that happy ending was bussin, 7/10

>>3747001
im not a fan of friends to lovers in general but stories that start in the midpoint of peoples static relationship do make you feel like theres so much flashback to slog through to understand whats going on
bullies to lovers is the best though one day the first person neopronoun zoomer slang hating onee chan will realise i love her and ask me out
>>
and the sequel!
another short book but almost as good, again fully lesbian, even more neopronouns this time and also poly but no happy ending.
honestly the ending irked me but i think thats just a me thing - i feel it was tastefully done even if i dislike what happened

its 0500 and i dont know if doing another bump is worth it to read the rest of them - bittersweet endings often rob me of my enthusiam for series - but ill start it and if i fall asleep ill post tomorrow
>>
>>3747004
Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>3746974
>made-up slang
Newsflash, mate: ALL slang is made up.
>>
>>3747073
no im just naturally flighty and scatterbrained and like on drugs idk dude i read this book for you
>>
shall machines divide the earth was a solid 6/10, the twists were simple but fun and the ending was happy which was an improvement over book 2
i didnt mind the first person :)
interesting the books seem to get ≈25 pages longer each time
>>
>>3747125
oh i forgot to day that yes! you can read this one eithout the other two - book four is a near direct sequel to it but the other two are largely unconnected (but worth reading if you like sci fi)
>>
i think when machines redeem the lost is my favourite yet, im glad all of these turned out to be lesbian.
you probably need to read the previous three to get this one but once again that happy ending bussin even if twos ending still makes me a bit sad
>>
>>3747001
What books are you talking about here? I like these two types of plot.
>>
Been just trawling (I hope this word conveys what I feel well enough) through Scribblehub and I bitch a lot but its kinda nice to just have CONTENT to passively read. If you use the tags correctly you won't get any Dealbreakers.

I can't really actually recommend almost anything there though. The stories being extremely badly written is the least of the problems believe it or not. Lots of interesting stuff is so slow paced that you get 60 chapters in with no progress and then oh look, a two year 'hiatus'. The MCs are often completely blank. Like no interiority despite being first person narrators. Even generic YA book MCs at least have something compared to some I found here. And then so many stories have this almost smug self wareness and god I can't stand it. Can't see this being a replacement for good fantasy books anytime soon. That said it is fun to find something with a low view count but is interesting enough to read for 20 chapters.
>>
>>3747332
>Scribblehub
Anything you recommend? Should I use the girl's love and avoid gender bender?
>>
>>3747351
>I can't really actually recommend almost anything there though.
>>
>>3747286
No book in particular, I was just ranting because if you scroll through /u/ releases, 7/10 books are about the MC going back to her childhood town for some reason, and of those, 6.5 are about meeting someone from the past again.

Hideaway (Vino and Veritas) by Rachel Lacey is a perfect example of this, saw it yesterday and I can say that I've read at least 200 summaries identical to this one, just changing the name of the characters.
>>
>>3747001
Extremely weird mindest.
>It feels like a big part of story is lost.
Depends on how it's told.

However, I do understand really picky taste...It sucks to have.
>>
>>3738816
I knew this sounded familiar. It was originally written and published on FictionPress in 2013. I don't know if it's been rewritten or not since then, but I tried reading it all those years ago and could never get into it. What's anyone's thoughts on it, should I try it again now nearly a decade has passed?
>>
>>3736845
What else to read here if I didn't like Priory and liked Kyoshi Novels? Also, Eat Monsters is out of question too because of the rape thing.
>>
>>3748250
Read Gideon if you want something that has more "powers" and mystery.

Baru if you want more politics.
>>
>>3748258
Those and Fingersmith are like the entire lesbian canon.
>>
>>3747205
The whole series is /u/?
>>
>>3747056
You happen to have 'Where Machines Run with Gold'?
>>
>>3748250
The rape thing is not a big deal in The One Who Eats Monsters. I found Priory's political marriage + pregnancy worse since it is an onscreen thing that gets discussed far more.
>>
>>3748250
Eat monsters is more worth reading than the former two
>>
>>3748322
I mean eats monsters has quite a lot of implied rape even if it doesn’t get shown or gets interrupted. If you don’t have a stomach for that kind of thing I can see eats monsters being too much with it’s edgyness
>>
>>3748298
its /u/ if youre ok with neopronouns? they all have vaginas and are written female coded
also book 5 was a wash desu ut was a continuation of book 2 which had the ending i didnt like and it felt boring compared to the rest as there wasnt any new romance
id probably rate them 3>1>4>>>>2>5, bring back xue jiao ffs >:(
>>3748305
probably? when i get up i'll take a look
>>
>>3748441
>>3748305
bruh do you even look for this stuff its an online short story
http://futurefire.net/2019.50/fiction/machines.html
featuring the two least bussin members if a throuple as well, never ask me to find things for you again :/
>>
>>3748426
That is actually the real issue with it. It's a lot more yuri tho than femslash if that means anything here.
>>
>>3748441
Guessing you haven't read the 6th book yet then.
>>
>>3748460
>>3748426
It being YA means absolutely nothing. It's still better written than 99% of the stuff posted here. I'd take that over another "my cunt throbbed" "adult" romance
>>
>>3748613
I'm not disagreeing. I think it's the best thing here too.
>>
>>3748558
i havent but i looked at the blurb at it was about the same ppl as 5
can you tell me if she comes back? im not gonna read it if its just more of 5 desu
>>
>>3748426
YA is based, though. The only way that book could've been better is if it also was in present tense and 1st person.
>>
I hope whoever here said "Tryst Six Venom is so good" is having the worst day.
>>
>>3748703
and the award for worst taste on /u/ goes to...
tsv is bussin
>>
>>3748642
so true oomfie
>>
>>3748629
As the fifth book? The synopsis was about the couple from the fourth book (or third if you're looking on goodreads), the one with Daji and Thannarat.
>>
>>3748703
So many comments were saying how great it was so I though I was the only one who thought it was horrible lol
>>
I wish they'd put the MCs' ages in the synopses so I wouldn't even waste my time opening a book with grannies.
>https://www.thelesbianreview.com/advanced-search/
Are there any other sites with tags besides this one?
>>
>>3748937
Same sis... even there it's like 25-39?? But hey, I'm sure the 39 looks 10 years younger... at which point why not make her 29 years old.
Oh I know, so that all these authors and their audience can self-insert being in a relationship with a 20 year old.
>>
>>3748937
>>3748942
What's the problem, exactly?
>>
>>3748937
I wish they’d put the MCs’ ages in synopses so I can open more books with grannies
>>
>>3748937
Where are the First / Third person and verb tense filters?
>>
>>3748937
I don't like this site because they recommend literally everything no matter if it's actually good or bad.
>>
>>3748994
>literally everything
Good, and I want them to add even more. I don't read their opinion, I only read the tags. So if you know a site that sucks but has tags, I want it.
>>
>>3748989
Normal people don't care about that shit nigga
>>
>>3742390
>Yeah I know we all hate Benjanun, and for good reason, but this book was fucking excellent
Why do people hate her?
>>
>>3749212
Actually, I don't wanna know. Please don't answer.
>>
>>3749230
>I don't wanna know
Good thing you didn't read the thread then.
>>
>>3748937
>I wish they'd put the MCs' ages in the synopses so I wouldn't even waste my time opening a book with grannies.
I concur. I usually don't mind it that much on the age, but I once started reading an "age gap" novel where the characters were 42 and 54. It's clearly fetish material at that point.
>>
>>3749247
>It's clearly fetish material at that point.
As opposed to age gap in gerenal?
>>
Thank you to the anon who recommended 'Daisy Crown', that was a nice palate cleanser after some of the trash I read on here. I just wish it had been longer.
>>
>>3748426
What sucks about The One Who Eats Monsters is now I can't just ignore everything with a YA label because it might be amazing.
>>
>>3749331
this but unironically
>>
>>3746552
Any update, anon? I hate depressing shit.
>>
File: 1642729181974.jpg (244 KB, 500x750)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
This is coming out in 6 days and I'm hyped, lesbians and Norse mythology is all I ever wanted.
>>
>>3749362
Is there a preview somewhere
>>
>>3748879
>So many comments were saying how great it was
I suspect all those comments to be just one person shilling it. could even be the author. not sure why anyone else in their right mind would seriously waste time to come in this miserable place and call that wattpad garbage the second coming of the christ.

someone bragged once that they had put their own book in the google docs, but they obviously never said which one it was, so I guess those things do happen. not sure shilling on /u/ makes for a huge publicity stunt tho.
>>
>>3749362
Okay, but how old are the characters?
>>
>>3749422
>I suspect all those people liking something I don't are just one person
>>
>>3749423
From an early review:

>THE VALKYRIE'S DAUGHTER was an intriguing YA fantasy about Sigrid, a 16-year-old who was found as an infant on Vanaheim with a Midgard horse...
>>
>>3748879
The only people who unironically enjoyed this mess of a book are not lesbians, most of them are hets reading their first "ff" story.
>>
>>3749495
>intriguing YA fantasy
>YA
>>
>>3749495
Is it first person or third person
>>
>>3749507
I'm guessing first person because of course
>>
>>3749247
>42 and 54
Madokami, I would instantly drop this shit. But let me guess: they meet in a knitting/cooking class for divorcees...?
>>
File: things have gotten worse.png (1.11 MB, 690x1023)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>3737392
If you're still looking for a horror /u/ novel, I have one I read recently. TL;DR, not a strong recommendation, but it's a very quick read and had enough small things I enjoyed to rec, even if the parts where better than the whole. It's psychological horror, not supernatural horror, if it matters.

>Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke - Eric LaRocca

What drew me in to the book was the cover first and foremost - I didn't even know it was a /u/ horror novel until I picked it up.

Long story short, it's about two women who meet up online on the early 2003 internet and begin a kind of existential, virtual Dom/Sub relationship complete with a Fifty Shades of Grey-style contract. Ultimately it's about how far one woman will push, and how far the other woman is willing to go. Probably my biggest issue with it is that the whole thing feels like a first draft with a third that's basically missing. In the A/N the author says they wrote the thing in a week in a fever dream, and it feels like they did basically nothing to it after that outside of having some buddies beta-read. It could have definitely used a couple more drafts, and the middle through to the end needs to be completely refined considering how rushed it felt.

Pros:
>That cover
>Overall good premise, some of the horror scenes are really sickening, good horror concepts
>Some interesting prose at times
>Short - under ~100 pages, you can finish it in an afternoon

Cons:
>Rushed middle through ending, feels like it's missing about a third
>It's a horror novel about a fucked up relationship - there's just about nothing cute or heartwarming at all (which it could have used to balance things/set up stakes)
>It's set up as an email epistolary novel but eventually the prose just becomes standard novel prose that doesn't even try for a realistic email style
>>
>>3737392
Katalepsis on Royal Road is somewhat decent. It's cosmic horror as opposed to traditional supernatural horror, although you could argue that Eldritch beings and what not are supernatural.

Lovecraftian/cosmic horror /u/ is something I haven't seen before this so I'd recommend you give it a go at least due to its unique nature.

Here's an excerpt from the first chapter.

"I’d constructed a routine the last couple of weeks. Strip my bed and my sweat-stained clothes, shove it all into the ancient washing machine in the corner of my one-room bedsit flat, clean myself up best I could, down three cups of coffee, and drag myself to morning classes.

And try to ignore the hallucinations.

A spindly figure by the back wall watched me with holes instead of eyes, with too many fingers pressed to its face, too many joints, skin made of mushroom flesh and marble.

A vast shadow outside drifted across the window, trailing ropey tentacles, a gasbag jellyfish humming whalesong.

I finally got the washing machine going, on my feet by willpower alone, when a ball of spines and black chitin sniffed at my foot. I scooted it away. Of course, I felt nothing. It wasn’t really there."
>>
Any good sisters incest stories? Hopefully something angsty but not edgelord. I enjoy Elsanna and I'm looking for original work that scratches a similar itch.
>>
>>3749362
Her previous book about mermaids is also great. It's very YA though.
>>
>>3749632
i read this for the cover too and i found it really boring and unsatisfying at the end (but i dont like unhappy endings so)
also i feel like the characters acted really dumb at a lot of points but that might just be an experience thing
>>
>>3749657
But then the scribble-monster jerked toward the cafe on flickering legs. It bent, folded itself at the waist like a contracting length of intestine, and pressed what passed for a face up against the glass. I fumed for a moment and then forced myself to step past it and into the cafe. I wasn’t about to be upstaged by my own subconscious. If one of my hallucinations could ogle a pretty girl who I didn’t have the courage to speak with, then at least I could prove I wasn’t afraid.

read the first chapter and it looks pretty cool
>>
>>3749247
>42 and 54 is fetish material
like, fetish because theyre old or fetish because you think 42 and 54 is a big age gap?
>>
>>3749622
>>3749247
>old people bad
>young people good
>>
Caught Inside by Lynnette Beers

Fuuuuuuuuuuck
Don't bother reading this shit.

This had so much potential to be good.
It follows a half-asian chick for from around 14 until 21 years of age as she realizes she's gay.
Started off great. A bit of angst, first love etc. suddenly, she gets her heart broken, decides to "try it with a guy", ends up fucking him for a year, going to London, hooking up with a hot blond before realizing she's pregnant. then she has the baby and gets together with a girl because they both finally realized they're gay. woohoo. fuck you
>>
>>3749744
>It follows a half-asian chick
Dropped.
>>
>>3749744
>It follows a half-asian chick
Picked up
>spoiler
Dropped
>>
>>3749747
>>It follows a half-asian chick
>Picked up
Even worse, she was a tall fit surfer chick
>>
yo, anyone read The Dawn of Yangchen yet? Any gay in it?
Prolly gonna end up reading it either way since I love Avatar, but if there's no gay I'm in no rush.
>>
>>3749748
>she was a tall fit surfer chick
My perfect type.
>>
>>3749744
Lmao! I can't even imagine how anyone could like a story like that. I just feel very sorry for the poor thing that ends up with a person like that.
>>3749749
You are literally me. I'll start reading as soon as I find an epub. If it has yuri it would be wonderful, but I don't think it will, it looks like the love interest will be a male waterbending.
>>
>>3749774
>as soon as I find an epub
Good luck with that, afaik there's no ebook available quite yet. I think the kyoshi books did the same. Probably to avoid piracy? Anyways, if you find one, do share
>>
>>3749774
I live for angst
>>
>Royals by Rachel Hawkins
Could someone who has read this book give me a summary? It looks like Flora appears in it, but I don't want to read it. If there's no yuri as major, I can't stand to read that kind of story.
>>
>>3749774
>I can't even imagine how anyone could like a story like that
I mean, probably not the sort of person who religiously posts here, but that seems like a pretty ordinary plot for a book to me? If it's written well I expect most average book-readers picking it up and enjoying it. Bit of a weird thing to be unable to imagine, really.
>>
>>3749744
I wish one of these stories would be realistic for once and just have the character get a fucking abortion. Well. Still realistic if they're in the UK at least. Except NI.
>>
>>3749744
Make her still 14 at the time that she gets impregnated by another teen girl (via graphically depicted sex scene) and we could have had a book worth reading.
>>
File: I like jokes.png (2.02 MB, 1678x1852)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
>>3749791
Maybe that's because it's a totally different mindset than mine. For me, this is an unhappy ending, and I don't like unhappy endings. I don't give a shit about writing, an unhappy ending is still an unhappy ending.
When I get a story that is supposed to be yuri but is full of sex with men, I just feel hate. I see the girl who does this as a slut and I feel sorry for the other girl who accepts her.

I almost gave up reading Fingersmith because of it. Good thing it was all bait. When it's bait, it's pleasant. THAT is good writing.
>>
>>3749814
>breaking news: 14-year-old that got her girlfriend pregnant get a instantly degree in genetic engineering
>"I-I just followed what /u/ told me when I asked them 'how do two girls have sex'" - she said
>>
>>3749744
I want to know why you kept reading it, explain yourself
>>
>>3749744
And the other girl was making out with a bunch of dudes too. Why the author bothered making this book yuri is beyond me. She should have made it a het book desu because there was more het than gay. I wish books like these had reviews so I can avoid in future. Fuck this author.
>>
>>3749744
>>3749882
Anyway, how do you people find these books? It doesn't even have a synopsis on goodreads.
>>
>>3749756
Ikr, wasted on such a story.
>>
>>3749844
Right away sis... This happens at around the 80% mark so the sunk cost fallacy kicked in... I did end up skimming the rest of the book quickly desu.
>>
>>3749899
It seems so much worse blindsiding the reader with that so far in.
>>
>>3749730
I'm glad my recommendation might be of use. Let me know what you think if you read a few more chapters.
>>
>>3749899
Wow, I'm sorry you went through that. I would have been so fucking furious.
>>
>>3749899
Wow that's terrible.
>>
>>3737392
I heard they turned the "alice isn't dead" podcasts into a book.
or was that the other way around ?

Anyway, the podcasts are about a girl who takes a truck driving job in a suspicious company in order to search for her missing gf across america. the creepy atmosphere and the narration of the podcasts were quite enjoyable, even though the ending of S1 felt a bit rushed to me, but I didn't read the book adaptation so I can't vouch for it.
>>
>>3749724
The ending was definitely unsatisfying, largely because it was rushed. That, and I think that it feels like the author ends up shying away from the full horror he could go through with, not out of discernment but maybe out of insecurity with his own writing or something. And then he just slots in the police-report-prologue to fill in the space.

As for the unhappy ending - it's a horror novel.
>>
>Brogan

How the FUCK do you expect me to read a book about a lady named this
>>
>>3750239
Hey now. Both my moms are named Brogan.
>>
>>3750239
Amanda Chadicus Brogan
>>
File: laughing canadian.gif (304 KB, 494x540)
304 KB
304 KB GIF
>>3750258
>>
I'm coming around to the first person complaints.
>>
>>3750258
>>3750267
Well, that's the name of the love interest in the book Full English, which I won't be reading.
However I am going to read Modern English because the sample was great and it stars a side(?) character from Full English. It's just too bad I wont get the full context of her role/history from Full English because of an absurd name like "Brogan"
>>
>>3750239
>>3750267
Last name, so no problem. I've seen much worse, and they were their real name.
>Baker
>Britney
>Emerson
>Britton
>Sawyer
If any authors are reading this and thinking about putting a horrible name on the girl, just stick with the classic OliviaTM. It's better to be cliché than cringe.
>>
>>3750579
I was talking about Brogan as a first name.

>Brogan McKay has built a comfortable life by never overreaching. Part-time jobs and short-term flings have always been good enough for her, but when she meets her beautiful and wounded new neighbor, Brogan realizes Emma has the potential to wreck the carefully controlled expectations she uses to protect her heart
>>
>>3750723
I literally can't imagine a lesbian called Britney. Or anyone besides the real Britney, it's a laughable name.
>>
>Disobedience - Naomi Alderman
I need spoilers for this thing. Do the girls end up together?
>>
>>3750744
>>3750579
>>3750239
Sounds like a very personal autistism.
>>
>>3750849
>autistism*
*autism
>>
>>3749899
>>3749945
felt a bit tricked too recently but to a far lower degree

starded a book about a cop falling in love with a cute superheroine, some few nice tropes, prose was decent though nothing extraordinary, there's some romantic drama, but the girls for once actually adress it in a mature way, and I actually wondered why I had never seen it recommended here, besides the fact that it's only been out a few months.

and then lo and behold, at the 50% mark, the heroines get together, and hey by the way your LI is actually a shapeshifting rabbit-cat-bat thing so here's your highly descriptive furry sex scene !

and not a single tag about it on goodreads. that goddamn useless site.
>>
>>3750854
she means an action of an autist, an autist-ism
>>3750579
>>3750744
>>3750567
>>3750239
i will now write my book as a first person novel about a woman named brogan
>>
>>3750858
Based. Make it in present tense, too.
>>
>>3750859
this is going to be bussin sis
>>
>>3750855
>spoiler
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>3750860
What a massive faggot you are
>>
>>3750877
Seethe, 1st person autist.
>>
>check out a new book
>starts with an acknowledgement of country (?)

>"This fictional story is set on the land of nipaluna (Hobart). I acknowledge with deep respect that sovereignty was never ceded, and the traditional and rightful owners of this land are the muwinina people. I pay respect to those who have passed before us and acknowledge today’s Tasmanian Aboriginal people, who are the custodians of this land – always."
>>
>>3751010
I skipped the representation part too, who made this nonsense up?

A NOTE ON REPRESENTATION WITHIN

In scenes featuring the character Jen, you’ll notice I’ve used an upper-case ‘D’ for Deaf. This was a deliberate choice to highlight that Jen identifies as culturally Deaf, which means she shares a common culture and sign language with the Deaf community. For Jen, as for many people, Deafness is not just a medical diagnosis or a deficit that needs to be ‘fixed’, but a way of engaging with the world.

I've never dropped a book before reading a single chapter until now.
>>
>>3751013
idk about the aboriginal thing, but the deaf thing is real shit and if you use the wrong initial when writing down 'deaf' you will get a bunch of angry people waving hands at you
>>
>>3751013
Now I laughed. Hard. Name of this piece of art?
>>
Scribblehub...well I don't want to say recommendations. More stuff I have enjoyed.

>United States of Mana by FormlessChimera
Girl gets kidnapped by aliens to be admitted to an offworld academy. Unfortuantely for her that gets derailed. The big hook is that during a traumatic experience she swears that she will protect 3 girls she meets (a harpy, a bug woman and an elf) and swears to become empress over all creation, which she then proceeds to try to do. It has some good action, some empire building and a looooong cultivation arc.

In fact the pacing will probably be peoples biggest issue with it. It attracted me because I saw how many words the story ahs written in total (about 570K and counting) and it can be really detailed and slow, while also very tiring and repetitive when you enter an escalating sequence. As well as that with the current pacing and the big endgame goal we might not be even halfway done.

>Mother of Monsters by TheWebVagrant

Standard, woman gets isekaid to fantasy world, gets game system, gets powerful, fights monsters. I mostly like it because its both surprisingly pleasant (MC is not a psycopath or edgelord) and it has some good fights. She isn;t monstrously overpowered yet and the really powerful fights so far have been fun set pieces. If its still running 3 or 4 years from thsi could be really fun.
>>
>>3750776
no happy ending sadly. It has a movie adaptation though and I hear Rachel Weisz is hot as fuck in it.
>>
>>3751010
>>3751013
>bunch of /po//fags got filtered
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>3751010
Guessing you're not from/familiar with Australia? Acknowledging the traditional owners of the land is so ordinary I wouldn't have blinked seeing it in a modern book dedication even if I were the sort of person to get triggered at innocuous expressions of cultural sensitivity.
>>
>>3751106
You're lucky the conditioning works on you, I guess. The more I hear it the more it grates me. It's pathetic and embarrassing.
>>
>>3751013
I mean it seems like a fairly benign explanation to forestall readers unfamiliar with the distinction complaining about random typos.
>>
>>3751111
How many confederate flags hang in your basement?
>>
>>3751111
>pathetic and embarrassing
You certainly are lol
>>
>>3751111
Do you ever wonder what the end goal is behind being so edgy and unpleasant? Do you think you'll be happier for it when you die?
>>
>>3751124
>end goal
There is no end goal. That's how it makes me feel and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. I don't like lying, to myself or others.
>Do you think you'll be happier for it when you die?
I guess I'll find out when the time comes.
>>
>>3751048
The Monster of Her Age - Danielle Binks
>>3751106
I'm not, and it honestly seemed like some brand new virtue signaling thing.
I guess it's a normalized virtue signaling thing.
>>
>>3751136
You're so cool.
>>
>>3751010
I have a better question

Why are there lesbian novels thanking God in the acknowledgments?

>>3750849
How can you even entertain the idea of a lesbian lead named Brogan. It sounds like some fantasy bandit dude with an eyepatch terrorizing an innocent village before the hero arrives.
>>
>>3751138
>it honestly seemed like some brand new virtue signaling thing.
only because you're a bad person and therefore cannot relate to or imagine genuine showcase of virtue and kindness. And accusing them of doing it insincerely is just your way to pretend they're not much better than you even though they are.
>>
>>3751151
While the church and homosexuality are incompatible, homosexuality and faith aren't. Not that I have any, but I guess I can understand it.
>>
>>3751178
I mean hell, just look at all the lesbian fiction from catholic girls' schools.
>>
>>3751179
I'm always entertained at the notion that anyone went to a catholic school because they were actually faithful catholics. ime it was either an educational aspiration thing on the part of their parents or because literally all of the schools were run by the church.
>>
>>3751111
>the conditioning works on you
having a different culture is conditioning? do americans think that everyone in the world used to act like americans and that people only act differently because of the.... jews? satan?
are you surprised and offended they dont play the star spangled banner and stand up before footie matches?
>>3751115
people cant be different or care about things except beer and american football anon if you are its virtue signalling and being a L*beral
>>
>>3751051
>The big hook is that during a traumatic experience she swears that she will protect 3 girls she meets
poly or?
>>
>>3751194
They say they are her harem but yes it's more poly.
>>
Told my mum I loved her the other day. Then I felt disgusted at myself for virtue signalling.
>>
>>3751191
I live in regional QLD.
>>
>>3751409
As a complete europoor outsider, Aussie culture and politics doesn't seem a million miles away from Murricas in a lot of those ways.
>>
>>3751419
Now explain what "american politics" means without coming off as a /pol/tard.
>>
>Reading too much fanfic lately
>"Let's take a look in /ulit/ for some well written and finished lesbian literature"
>>3751051
>570K and counting
>might not be even halfway done
Guess I'm passing on this o-

>>3751242
>yes it's more poly
God damn it.
>>
>>3751051
What kind of bug woman?

Tell me more about the yuri in this second one.
>>
>>3751402
That's just a bit of incest guilt, nee-san. Nothing to worry about. It'll pass.
>>
>>3751177
wow you're such a good person
>>
Nghi Vo - Siren Queen
That felt like some sort of endurance championship I quit halfway through.

It's about early Hollywood, where everything is magical, in this case definitely literally "magical", and very much "everything" too. There's barely a scene where there's not something weird going on somewhere. So we follow a young heroine who wants a star of her own ...
... which, again, is literally a star in the sky that also gives her immortality.

And I can't complain about the prose; it's certainly very polished and on point.

But - it's just so fucking boring. The story is "girl wants to be in movies", so she gets random bit parts, and then about 30% into the book she's got a contract to be a real actress. And then, uh, yeah. I guess that's it? Which incidentally is basically also the heroine's entire personality. "Girl who wants to be in movies". And then later "woman who is in movies".

Sure, it's supposed to be this story about a woman making her way in a dangerous environment, and maybe you are supposed to cheer her on, or be impressed by how she managed, or maybe just "strong independent lesbian, yay!", but ... I really felt none of that. She just comes across as boring as the story she's in.

Obviously it's all allegorical with how the promises of immortality equal the over-the-top promises of studios to young prospective girls and then use them and throw them away and all that behind-the-scene stuff of abuse and rape and sexism and whatever. You got all that spelled out (ha) with magic here, but also, it's just kinda in the background and doesn't really change the story much; could have been any other lesbian-actress-in-early-Hollywood story.

I'd say if you are into Hollywood maybe you get more out of the novel, or if you're happy just to get decent prose for a while and don't care about anything going on. But for me, it was just such a drag. Slow-paced is being one thing, but it's still got to be interesting, and this one just fundamentally wasn't.
>>
>>3752052
>Once, a girl in our dorm saw something enormous and horned devour a darkly beautiful girl with a lisping Castilian accent. The next Monday, I saw that same girl in dance class, a calm and silver light in her eyes, and I wouldn't have bet a single cent on whether she was more or less than she had been.

I thought that was sorta the epitome of what the book is. The heroine just narrates about the dangerous and strange stuff going on and maybe you are thinking "this is weird and interesting", but then the book immediately shuts the door and is like "and everything goes on as usual". And then lists 10 more strange things, but none of them matter either.

Obviously it's not like every mystery needs to be (over-)explained; heck, I do like how you are just thrown into the setting and everything's normal for the people in it and you don't really get long info dumps about how and why this magic system and those rules and bla. That's positive. But it's got to matter to the story at least! Instead it's all just irrelevant background noise ...
>>
>>3752044
thanks! my mom says that all the time :)
>>
>>3736837
any good gentle lesdom fics? i wanna pretend I’m some scary career lady’s adoring housewife
>>
>>3752044
And that's a good thing.
>>
Sophie Cameron - Our Sister, Again
Pretty good, pretty good.

Family lives on a small Scottish island; the oldest daughter dies at just 15. But luckily a large tech company has started a programme that's supposed to help grieving families: bring back the dead as an android copy of them.

It's told from the perspective of the middle sister, and obviously all about the implications of such a thing. It's kinda - there wasn't really any surprises there, and it never goes to deep with any of its stuff. But it's all solidly done, the situation consistently moves forward; I got no real complaints (some bits were maybe a bit too simplistic but ... never felt too egregiously so). It's a neat quick read for an evening or two.

The romance is more of a side-sub-plot; it's cute, the girls are quite young, no homophobia or past relationship trauma or anything of that sort - there just isn't too much of it generally. So, eh, read it if you want to read about a family being re-united with a dead daughter who is now a robot, told via the coincidentally lesbian daughter; don't read it for the romance.
>>
>>3752652
>not about a girl falling in love with her reanimated android sister
Guess that means I have to write that book.
>>
>>3749779
Update: there is already an .epub on mobilism.
>>
Support your writers. Books cost less than a coffee and donut combo.
>>
>>3753252
The fuck kind of coffee and doughnuts are you buying?
>>
>>3753140
thanks anon
>>
>>3753252
I bought exactly one (1) WLW book so far because it's the only one I deemed worth my money. You anons will know which book I'm talking about.
>>
>>3753630
Of Wulf and Wynd?
>>
>>3753252
Yeah but they cost more than a Costco hotdog and a soda.
>>
>>3753630
It's either Gideon or Baru
>>
>>3753252
I paid for the hardcovers of the Baru series, intend to do the same for Gideon
>>
>>3753808
The black edge hardcover version of Gideon looks great. Very worth it if you can still find it
>>
>>3753806
Which one is less pretentious?
>>
>>3753898
I guess Baru since she gets a harem
>>
>>3753806
Neither.
>>
>>3753252
why?
they dont support me.
>>
>>3753936
i support you anon…
>>
>>3753900
And with that simple sentence you convinced me to read this thing.

We need a top /u/ harem, not fantasy.
>>
new thread before this one dies pls
>>
>>3754168
Here ya go. Hope the picture isn’t a repeat. I agonized over which to use
>>3754185
>>3754185
>>3754185
>>
>>3754186
I never get tired of seeing it, thank you onee-sama.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.