[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 98 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: ww.png (2.27 MB, 1920x1080)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
Previous thread >>3635589

Westworld S04 has an important character in a relationship with a woman again.
>>
>>3750417
Is that new Maya Hawke movie gay? The film stills look pretty gay.
>>
>>3750417
Previous thread: >>3713861
>>
Gentleman Jack anon, I'm sure you heard the bad news, it was canceled.
>>
>>3750488
I know sis, fucking plebs ruin everything with their shit taste
>>
Tell me about the yuri on Supergirl. I saw that there are several fanfics about it. Is there yuri in this thing or is it just fan madness?
>>
>>3750572
There are lesbians on the show, but the main ship that people lost their minds over, Supercorp (Kara + Lena Luthor), never happened.
>>
>>3750488
Batwoman also.
Motherland is airing last season too.
Only Murders in the Building has Selena Gomez and Cara Delevingne characters dating in s2 but it's obvious it will have bad end so we can enjoy it till lasts.
From other side I need a movie with Cara Delevingne and Kristen Stewart making out.
Also in Irma Vep tv series the MC kissed her female assistant in newest episode but I doubt it will ever go anywhere.
>>
Though I myself haven't watched it, the new Resident Evil Show has a lesbian character. But its like 3/10 on IMDb, so unless you like watching ship wrecks...

And Maeve in The Boys ends with her turning powerless and back together with her girlfriend, but it makes no sense and its like a tacked on happy end.

And someone mentioned Only Murders In The Building, but seeing how the relationships are very artificial and throwaway, I also doubt it'll end well. Wouldn't be surprised if Cara is the murderer.
>>
>>3750718
>But its like 3/10 on IMDb
It's not a good show, but it's also nothing abhorrent. The main characters aren't very likable (though Lance Reddick and the Lesbian character in question are both great) and it doesn't know what it wants to be tonally. There are also moments where the dialogue writing is just very cringe (poor pop culture references, your standard badly written teenagers, etc.). Some parts of it are genuinely enjoyable.

Sort of pointless though, because while the lesbian character in question is fairly important plot wise and a major part of the "past" half of the show (the show is split between just before the outbreak and then a dozen years later), her relationship isn't very plot important. She's married and they have a teenage son, but the wife shows up in episode 1(?) for a single scene, and then in a few scenes near the end of the season. She (the lesbian character) is also the minor antagonist of the past plotline, and in the future section there seems to be no indication the wife survived the outbreak AND she's been partially mind-controlled by the show's primary antagonist.

So while Lesbian character is pretty great at being an asshole villain, and might still be around for quite a while in the hypothetical second season, and I expect that second season to be better (because the story isn't as tone divided and it's moved past a lot of the annoying shit)... I wouldn't bother watching the show for the fact that she's lesbian.
>>
>>3750417
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds had the slighest of slight offscreen /u/. This version of Nurse Chapel had a fling with "a gal" right before the show started. Unfortunately she is doomed by canon to have many really shitty relationships with men. We learned about this in a scene with Oretages, who has a butch look but no romance in the season.
My /u/ poisoned brain shipped First Officer Una and Security Officer La'an together. Una saved the La'an when she was a child, and Una's line "I never saw you as a child" made me start thinking of a forbidden age-gap things.
>>
I was watching Extraordinary Attorney Woo Ep 2 in Netflix, a korean show about an autistic lawyer obsessed with whales. Won't say much because it's sort of a plot twist but /u/ will probably see the hints from the get go anyway.
>>
>>3750573
>>3750573
>Supercorp (Kara + Lena Luthor), never happened
Heh! It never ceases to amaze me how people are crazy about ships. But that's good, at least I won't have to watch a crap CW show just to see cute girls kissing.
>>
File: Motherland_Fort_Salem.jpg (156 KB, 1600x900)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
New thread, new shilling
Episode will be live, earlier today, in 30 minutes

>What's this?
A virtual get together to watch /u/ related movies and tv series

>What are we watching?
Motherland: Fort Salem season 3 episode 5

>I'm in, where do I go?
https://w2g.tv/fciis4wc61xltew40d

>Joining for the first time?
https://pastebin.com/ZF2WQYnf
>>
>Heard about the L Word when I was younger
>'hurr durr lesbians having sex lol'
>ended up getting hooked and watched the whole thing
Not sure I've ever told anyone this. My memory is a bit hazy but FUCK Jenny.
>>
>>3751244
The L-Word is what you watched because there was literally nothing else at the time. But almost all the characters were or ended up becoming insufferable and pretty shit people.
>>
>>3751244
As someone who was a horn teen-ager when the show originally aired, I can say with complete certainty that The L Word was shit and a blight on all Lesbian-related media.
Not only was it quite literally guilty of pretty much *every* anti-lesbian trope, which not an exaggeration, it was just bad in general.

I can understand why some look at Xena with rose-tinted glasses, as it was a genuinely fun and campy show. But I can't understand why anyone would look back at TLW with anything other than disgust and comtempt.
>>
I just finished the haunting of bly manor today and it was surprisingly fun. Good romance as well, had me in tears at the final episode.

Threw me off that it shares a lot of the main cast with the haunting of hill house, but they did a great job in both.
>>
I tried murders in the building because come on , Selena Gomez + Carline da vine is a hot pairing, but I can't get into season 2.
>>
>>3751329
I really enjoyed bly manor for the yuri and yet I haven't seen haunting. Is it worth the watch even without the /u/?
>>
>>3750718
>And Maeve in The Boys ends with her turning powerless and back together with her girlfriend, but it makes no sense and its like a tacked on happy end.
That sound like the best possible happy ending to an arc that I can foresee on the Boys, so I'm fine with it. I'd dropped the show for a while, but I think I'll at least finish out Maeve's story now
>>
>>3751388
I wouldn't recommend watching the last season just for Maeve, she did have a /u/ ending but not before having sex with a man for no reason at all in the middle of the season.
>>
>>3751390
Afair she was always bisexual anyway wasn't she? I think I can bear it to satisfy my curiosity, but thanks for the heads up anon
>>
>>3751342
It's a bit of the same, but I would say hill house is a bit scarier. There's also a little /u/ in hill house, actually.
>>
>>3751329
There is also a lesbian character on Midnight Mass, she becomes more relevant as the series progresses.
Show has a different name but it was last year's Haunting (same creator/writer, repeated actors, limited series).
Before you ask no one gets a happy ending.
>>
There is a /u/ episode in episode 10 of season 1 of Masters of Horror with a strange ending.

Masters of Horror is an anthology series that I think can accurately be described as campy.
>>
>>3751390
because she's bisexual. vought tells the world she's a lesbian because it's more progressive but she's actually bi.
>>
>>3751668
I've read the synopsis, sounds terrible. A mantis-like parasite takes control of the protagonists new date and inseminates her... it ends with both getting pregnant from the insect. Sounds super disgusting.
Angela Bettis playing lesbians is just cursed. I remember her role in "May"where she killed her lesbian lover (and her girlfriend) and died in the end.
>>
>>3750417
I expected approximately 0 yuri from Everything Everywhere All At Once, but was pleasantly surprised to find some nice (and some super fucking weird) yuri.
>>
>>3752125
How are they forcing lesbians into it when it’s had lesbians since season 1?
>>
>>3752149
You're complaining about more yuri scenes in a show, sounds very dumb
>>
>>3752125
When will you realize that Raelle is the main character and has main character god status? The world moves around her.
Also, this show has a similar situation to Wynonna Earp, in which the lesbian couple is what saved the show from early cancellation.

iirc Raelle's actress had a car accident and that's why she is absent from so many episodes this season. Had she been fine Raelle and Scylla would have been acting like an in love married couple the whole time, that'd be disgusting, right?

Just in case, it's spelled Nicte, not Nickta.
>>
So many Korean stuff on netflix and not a single one with some /u/
>>
>>3752149
>it sucks that this show has a lesbian couple and other characters mention it sometimes
>>>/tv/
>>
>>3752427
Korea still kinda has a problem with gay stuff.
>>
>>3752446
Sure but netflix doesn't.
>>
>>3752448
Aren't the shows made by koreans for koreans?
>>
File: 80035450_p0.jpg (229 KB, 768x1024)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
Feels like shit, just want them back
>>
>>3752446
Wasn't the recent election won by the extreme right-wingers? I don't think that this will change for the better.
>>
>>3752427
It's been 11 years and this is still relevant: https://ph.news.yahoo.com/blogs/okpop/lesbian-themed-k-drama-daughters-club-bilitis-causes-073830273.html
>>
twitter losing it because irma vep didn't deliver. this is why I don't trust anything with a bi MC. Hacks hasn't disappointed me yet but maybe it will next season.
>>
>>3752308
>Raelle's actress had a car accident and that's why she is absent from so many episodes this season
damn she can't catch a break
>>
>>3752871
Yeah got so much disappointed in it, the MC had really nice chemistry with females but for some unknown reason they decided to never go fully with it.
>>
>>3752796
Are the actresses who participated in this ok today? If they suffer some kind of boycott on their careers or prejudgement.
>>
>>3751390
>>3751420
Maeve is bi and the word lesbian only gets used to make a joke about corporations misusing lgbt stuff to make money, so it isn't really worth it for the /u/ in my opinion since it isn't about that at all. Maeve getting a good and happy /u/ ending was really out of left field for this show and it felt undeserved and out of nowhere but it was a nice surprise for an otherwise boring character in an edgy show. This /u/ portion of the show comprises a few minutes of focus over 3 seasons and most of it is shitty.
>>
So anyone checked the lesbian Jehovah's Witness movie?
>>
>>3752446
So does Japan and they have gay stuff
>>
>>3752876
Same as the movie then. The MC got invited to a concert but ghosted (but was also very mentally checked out by that point)
>>
>>3752871
haven't seen the series yet but I'm guessing it's like the movie where the costume designer liked maggie cheung and she found out but it didn't go further than that?
anyway, speaking of Hacks please check it out. yes, Ava is bi but she's mostly with women. just watch it for the lesbian cruise episode.
>>
>>3752889
No idea about that.
Now that you mention the chance of actresses getting backlash, indian film Badhaai Do has a pretty lenghty diclaimer about the film being absolutely not based on any real people and that the characters do not reflect the actors irl.
It screams "please do not bash these actors/people involved in the film, you huge reactionary idiots".

Badhaai Do is about a gay cop and a lesbian teacher who marry to be each other's beards.
>>
>>3750644
Batwoman was indeed TRASH.
>>
Anyone gay in Pretty Little Liars Original Sin?
>>
>>3750644
Speaking of DC there's a new Harley Quinn cartoon coming out but its on season 3 and I don't want to watch 1-2. Can I just watch 3?
>>
>>3754096
Probably, just watch a yuri comp from the first 2 seasons or something
>>
>>3754096
The two seasons aren't terribly long, but if you really don't want to watch them it's not difficult to get the gist of what's happening if you watch just the third season. I'm fairly sure there's a youtube recap somewhere to catch yourself up, and the Eat, Bang, Kill Tour limited series is a good read too. Pity they haven't released the collected trade yet.
>>
Whoever recommended Gwendoline land of yik and yak, go fuck yourself
>>
>>3754355
I visit these threads on a daily basis and I never heard of it, so I took a look at the IMDb page and it looks like your average sexploitation film and you don't watch those for /u/... This is on you.
>>
>>3752017
>I've read the synopsis, sounds terrible.
It's cheesy but i quite liked it, only watched it because i liked betis in May.
>>
>>3754404
Yeah no it got recommended here a long time ago for presumable containing some /u/
>>
>>3750488
Does it end at-least somewhat satisfyingly, is it worth watching still?
>>
>>3754543
This is 100% a better way for the series to end then what would happen if it followed the true story it was based on, so this is actually probably a good thing unless you're a tragedy fan.
>>
>>3754591
>you're a tragedy fan.
I am but whatever, will probably still watch it.
>>
It seems that Amazon's new series Paper Girls is based on a comic series where the characters Mac and KJ got together after a repressed homophobia arc from the former after KJ comes out. Don't think the series gets up to that point though.
>>
>>3754591
>This is 100% a better way for the series to end then what would happen if it followed the true story it was based on
What is the real plot?
>>
>>3754616
The comic series has a shitty ending, so unless they change it I would't bother.

All the girls get their memory reset at the end, erasing all the character development (overcoming internalized homophobia, falling for each other, etc).
And one of them is bound to die few years later due to "time travel cancer" and it cannot be changed.
>>
>>3754540
There are tons of exploitation C-movies with "/u/-content", but they are from the 70 and 80s, where lesbianism was considered evil among commons. Of all the lesbians I heard of in those movies, all of them were either evil, raped by an evil lesbian and very, very rarely just having fun - 100% of them die, or worse, go full for dick.
Don't waste your time.
>>
>>3754619
Read the wikipedia article if you really need to know about historical dead lesbians.
>>
>>3754619
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Lister
>Lister died on 22 September 1840, aged 49, of a fever at Koutais (now Kutaisi in Georgia) while travelling with Ann Walker.[35][36] Walker had Lister's body brought back to the UK, where she was buried in Halifax Minster, on 29 April 1841.[37] Her tombstone was rediscovered in 2000, having been covered by a floor in 1879
>In her will, Lister's estate was left to her paternal cousins, but Walker was given a life interest.[37] After being declared to be of "unsound mind", she spent time briefly in Terrace House, a private House in Osbaldwick, and then in the London area with her sister and brother-in-law. Walker returned to Shibden Hall in 1845 and moved back to her family's estate in Lightcliffe in 1848. She died in 1854 at her childhood home, Cliff Hill in Lightcliffe, West Yorkshire
>>
it's ogre. the wilds got cancelled.
not surprising after how disappointing season 2 was tbqh
>>
>>3754773
>adds a bunch of men
>gets cancelled
>>
>>3754773
Deservingly, they made all that fuzz about being an all female main cast, got critical acclaim for it and people liking those characters, then pissing it all away by introducing a shitton of new male characters. Fuckin retards could have done great things with shoni.
>>
>>3754653
Yeah I just didn’t expect the lesbian matriarchal society to just get genocided though.
>>
>>3752308
>Wynonna Earp
As a side note, the /u/ content in this show was great, Nicole and Waverly got so much screentime together, especially after season two. Really felt like they were the main couple and Wynonna's various het relationships were sideshows.
>>
File: mpv_6PgcRV5cQh.png (813 KB, 1602x799)
813 KB
813 KB PNG
World war incoming? Find out in 45 minutes

>What's this?
A virtual get together to watch /u/ related movies and tv series

>What are we watching?
Motherland: Fort Salem season 3 episode 6

>I'm in, where do I go?
https://w2g.tv/fciis4wc61xltew40d

>Joining for the first time?
https://pastebin.com/ZF2WQYnf
>>
>>3754811
Justice does exist in this world.
>>
Just finished watching The Fosters' final season after stopping watching it at season 4 a few years ago.

Totally recommended series if you skip all their children's individual plots, sometimes they're too woke, telenovela like, or boring.
It's not the best but it's good and the couple is great. Not bad to have had a stable lesbian married couple with late teen children on TV.
>>
>>3754616
I just watched this and I enjoyed it for the /u/. KJ and Mac get a significant amount of screen time and the show gave a lot of time to their development. It started off rough and I didn't think it would go anywhere but there is a good amount of awkward 12 year old lesbian flirting including punching her crush.

>>3754632
I can't believe that is how it is going to end. they really all get reset and don't even get to cure Mac with future cancer drugs? Does that mean that all the stuff they're going through is pointless? The show isn't really doing anything more interesting with time travel than other shows like 12 monkeys so it would be pretty disappointing if this ends up not doing anything new in addition to not good /u/ content.
>>
>>3752427
Isn't The Handmaiden on there?
Wouldn't know, I'm a torrent boomer.
>>
>>3755901
The trailer makes it look terrible. I would be so much more interested in a show that was actually just about regular paper girls.
>>
>>3756092
Amazon prime has the handmaiden, and it isn't the extended version.
>>
>>3756244
>extended version
Worth rewatching for it? Think I had the regular one. Though I felt that was long enough.
>>
>>3756248
I only read about the changes and never watched the theatrical version but I'd say it is worth it. If you already watched it then it can't hurt to look up a summary of what was added to decide if you want to watch it.
>>
>>3756221
The CG was hit or miss sometimes and the directing of teen drama scenes were weak occasionally weak but otherwise it was fun. Definitely felt more like a cable tv show and not an amazon show but with the amount of /u/ it had I can't be mad.
>>
>>3755901
The writer, Brian K Vaughn, loves having random bad ends in every single one of his series because he thinks that makes them realistic.
See also:
>Y: The Last Man
>Saga
>Swamp Thing volume 3 (the one with swamp thing's insane lesbian daughter)
>>
>>3756248
Imo the theatrical version is better. The stuff added in the extended cut just drags it down and pretty much none of it is about Sook-hee and Hideko's relationship.
>>
>>3756297
Well that's dumb. Didn't have expectations for any /u/ at all in this because it was a western comic adaptation, and was surprised to see so much /u/ in it, but western comics with /u/ are usually only good if the /u/ is the main focus so I should have known better than to expect good things. Grim shit for the sake of it is so boring and I can't imagine that ending would go over well with TV-only viewers since the show is relatively upbeat.
>>
>>3756298
Oh, and it also reorders scenes for no reason.
>>
>>3756304
I haven't watched the Amazon series, but the /u/ is the comic was good, at least before that ending.
But I read that in the Amazon adaptation there is a scene where they show that the past/future can be changed, which would be a major change from the comic, since the entire point of the ending was that it was immutable (and that's why Mac couldn't be saved) so maybe there's some hope (but who knows if Amazon won't cancel the series before the final season anyway).
>>
>>3756350
In my opinion it has been keeping that up in the air and showing both inconsistencies in the timeline like meeting two different past versions of Larry who both don't know about future events and who both die, which would be impossible if time was immutable, but also showing some unchanging aspects to the past/future like the radio communication being experienced from both ends by the same person without being able to alter it. The tone of the show is definitely more "we will find a way to fix this" and not "we will wriggle in futility until everything is reset and none of it mattered". Hearing about the ending now, I wouldn't be surprised if they meet it halfway and have everything be forgotten but having altered a few things for the better to make it more bittersweet. If they don't change the ending significantly I really don't see the appeal in this story since time travel being meaningless is stupid, it is already breaking every physical rule so it is more fun to go ham with it.
>>
>>3750417
First Kill got cancelled
>>
>>3754879
Wayhaught is alright, but the patrician pairing is Waverly and Wynonna
Which they did surprisingly tease a bit in e.g. the episode with the demon that was transferred by kissing
>>
>>3756932
It looked like a soulless (no pun intended) version of Carmilla so no strong feelings there
>>
>>3756935
Honestly the web show Carmilla was better than First Kill.
>>
>>3756932
That's what, the 4th show with a lesbian protag that netflix axes?
>>
>>3756932
So basically we have nothing left anywhere on any platform or television for tv show with a lesbian/bi lead to hope next seasons?
>>
>>3756932
It was a shit show anyway
>>
>>3757137
I’ve basically stopped watching anything they’re involved with at this point other than documentaries. What’s the point in getting invested when they’re just going to axe it and charge you extra for the privilege?

>>3757202
Hacks is still going isn’t it? And it’s a HBO critical darling, so that more or less guarantees its safety for renewal. I don’t know how gay it is though, I’ve only seen season 1 so far.
>>
>>3757212
>Hacks is still going isn’t it?
It was renewed for season 3, which was a surprise because:
>the ending of season 2 resolves every running plot thread
>it's produced by Universal, not WB, so it isn't even an in-house production. That makes it more likely for Zaslav to cancel, but it did get a renewal a month ago. The Emmy's must be keeping it around.

As for
>I don’t know how gay it is though
Season 2 actually has /u/ in it instead of S1 when Ava had sex with two men and just talked about liking to date women more. They go on a lesbian cruise and Ava almost has the time of her life until Deb ruins it.
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dramatic_television_series_with_LGBT_characters:_2020s
Future looks grimm.
>>
>>3757233
It always has.
>>
>>3757233
Go live your own lesbian story
>>
>>3756932
Imagine my shock
>>
>>3756935
>>3757102
They had nothing in common other than vampires. Stop it with stupid comparisons, plz.
>>
>>3757346
>they had nothing in common other than the exact same central theme
ogey

>>
Is there actually a single genuinely good Carmilla adaptation?
>>
>>3756932
It was shitty but I genuinely enjoyed it and was looking forward to season 2.

The comparisons to Carmilla are kinda out of place cause THAT ended up being a train wreck.
>>
>>3757430
I only know the premise of the webseries Carmilla, what ended up ruining it?
>>
>>3757430
We’ll always have season 1 of both I suppose. It’s so frustrating when you see the absolute dreck that they do renew.
>>
File: danny and laura.jpg (98 KB, 1192x618)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>3757445
see that turbolesbian on the left ? that's danny. first and second season she's head over heels after the MC, with some nice moments of tension between them.
but since the show is called carmilla and the MC was supposed to end up with said character, the showrunners followed some of the fandom that asked for danny to be paired with some dumb guy. so they turned her het. meanwhile the MCs got into some kind of bullshit love/hate relationship while the series' tone got darker yadda-yadda.

tl;dr just watch the first season.
>>
>>3757411
There can never be a good adaptation of Carmilla because of the source material.
>>
>>3757464
Seasons 0-3 are more than watchable as far as webseries go. It's not really made explicit that Danny and Kersch end up as anything more than friends, is it? I was more annoyed when they clumsily avoided actually dealing with and resolving her feelings for Laura by killing her off then resurrecting her as an evil vampire.

Also the movie was terrible and destroyed everything built up to at the end of season 3.
>>
File: morning-show-smooch-1.jpg (404 KB, 1200x600)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>3757202
The Morning Show I guess? I haven't watched it actually, idk if it's good.
>>
>>3757543
First season was very good but Reese Witherspoon character didn't express any gayness (and barely any straightness for that matter, just had casual drunken sex with a random guy) .

Season 2 dips in storytelling quality but Reese's character starts a serious relationship with a woman. Not out of the blue as her brother and her talk about how she previously had a relationship with some female friend as a teen and how she's always been at least bi.

Season 3 will most likely air next year but keep in mind that Reese's character is the main romantic interest of the main male character, who is a son of a bitch. Based on the poor writing on S2 I expect her to at least sleep with him or something. I doubt they keep her lesbian for long.

Now, if you only want the lesbian storyline watch from S2E3 until the second to last episode and you'll have a happy ending. It's worth it at least for seeing Julianna Margulies playing one of the best TV lesbians we've ever had.
>>
>>3757466
That's not how adaptations work.
>>
>>3757408
>pretending to be retarded
ogey
>>
>>3756932
Good luck with your Hashtag War.
>>
World to come was very lyrical and comfy. Same old forbidden love shit but without the angst. Film about longing. Austere. Serene. A bit dramatic at the end but what can you do.
Kirby is very pretty.
>>
>>3757907
Tulpas are the best kind of relationship
>>
>>3757907
I remember reading a couple of interviews with the two leads in this when it came out and they're probably the only female celebrities I've legitimately wondered if they ended up having a relationship while on set. Probably just wishful thinking, but given how many pre-gen z actors are still only feeling comfortable enough to come out now and how even KStew and Cara Delevingne openly dating women was labeled 'galpals hanging out in public!' for years, there's probably tons of shit that's happened with female celebs behind the scenes we'll only start hearing about in like 2040's tell-all autobiographies.
>>
>>3757946
Sounds like a good plot for a movie.
>>
>>3757978
Anatomy of a Love Seen's plot is something similar to this.
>>
>>3757946
>thinking about the golden age of hollywood's sewing circle
>>
>>3757907
Doesn't this have a bad end though? Like it's implied one of them is forced by her husband to move away then murdered?
>>
>>3758379
Yes. But it's still worth seeing.
>>
File: 20220805-090918.jpg (318 KB, 1480x720)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
A League of Their Own, an amazon remake coming out August 12th, is going to have more focus on sexuality and racism. Also Maybelle Blair, who was the person league of their own was based off came out at the age of 95 this year like two months ago and talked about how playing in the league was a way to meet more gay people cause a lot of them were gay.
https://youtu.be/H8qMhtkB18k
>>
>>3758505
Related to this, there is also a 2020 Netflix doc called A Secret Love.
It's about the secret 65 years long relationship between two of the women who played in the team the original A League of Their Own film was based on.
>>
>>3758602
There's something so sad about keeping their relationship a secret for that long.
>>
>>3758505
Gay woman athletes?
Who would have thought
>>
>>3758631
It's the higher testosterone levels.
>>
>>3758505
The original was woke enough IDK why anyone felt the need to make it woker.
>>
File: 1.png (282 KB, 800x450)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
This show is for masochist, after 3 fucking season she finally admitted that she's gay but dies in the next episode. That's fucking great...
>>
>>3758774
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the emotional impact of dead lesbians.
>>
>>3758774
She’s not dead, however being a Republican President her career is which she is totally fine with. Since her dream is to just settle down with her girlfriend/wife. The actress is also the RL wife of the director of this show. >>3758505.
>>
Finally finished killing eve. Christ the ending was predictably infuriating. Any decent fix it fics?p
>>
Anyone watching The Outlaws?
>>
>>3758505
Remakes are trash.
>>
>>3758774
>post an image without saying wtf this is
Good job.
>>
>>3758839
>not being able to figure it out by other oneesama's responses
>not having 4chan X extension for quick google search
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: Googlesource.jpg (191 KB, 1690x1394)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>3758860
Thx for that advice, I'm gonna watch all seasons of "Scene"... Your attitude is why they killed her off!
>>
>>3758892
You should try yandex instead but yeah, that anon is being a faggot.
>>
>>3757978
No it doesn't. It's enough that most lesbian book have to be about celeb bullshit. Dreadful. Why do they worship the showbiz so much.
>>
File: source.png (193 KB, 1670x952)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>3758892
>>3758895
Here you go you useless retards.
You sure like being spoonfed.
>>
>>3759334
Wait so we’re supposed to save the image to reverse image search it manually instead of you just telling us what the fuck it is?
>>
>>3759338
Are you actually stupid?
I just middle button clicked on the "google" text on 4chan X and the new tab showed the screenshot I posted in >>3759334

You google searched the thumbnail here >>3758892, so of course Google wouldn't be able to recognize shit.

Now, see how in my screenshot here >>3759334 "For All Mankind" is mentioned three bloody times?
And how one of the results says it's on Apple TV+ so you may figure out it's a TV series?
This puzzle may be too hard for you but the source is the Apple TV+ series called For All Mankind.

/u/ tourists are the worst.
>>
>>3758774
>for all mankind
She seriously dies right after coming out of the closet? Good lord that means her whole character arc sucked, what was the point of it. That show sucks anyway, really jumped the shark in s2.
>>
I was expecting "fair for it's day" but holy fuck Mädchen in Uniform is actually very good and progressive by today's standards! What a good movie!
>>
>>3759349
Yeah but it's a Weimar film, so it was just made to titillate disgusting old men. I can't really see past that desu.
>>
>>3759358
Learn your history retard; the director was Leontine Sagan, a woman, and it's screenwriter, Christa Winsloe was an openly gay woman.
>>
>>3759361
>>3759358
Not to mention the main actress Hertha Thiele received thousands of love letters from teenage German schoolgirls who fantasized about her. It reached it's intended audience.
>>
>>3759358
>it was just made to titillate disgusting old men. I can't really see past that desu.
Can't blame you, desu.
>>
>>3759339
Normal people don't use the faggy extension. Only autists do.
>>
>>3757411
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/42602313-carmilla-and-laura
>>
>>3759436
>faggy
>autists
You're in a lesbian thread, in a yuri board using /v/ terms.
Next time you want sauce there are other ways besides the extension, but you're too mentally impaired to realize that.
>>
>>3759339
>4chan X
So you’re telling me I have to get out of bed/go home to use my laptop because you’re a little bitch who’d rather engage in arguing with like three separate anons rather than just rename a fucking sc? I know we’ve established what it is, I just think you’re an obnoxious asshole.
>>
>>3759400
>>3759358
Hi samefucker, blow your brains out please
>>
>>3759358
All classes went to see movies in the 30's at that point. So no your just a moronic hetfag.
>>
>>3757466
Carmilla is a great book, so fuck off.
>>
>>3759436
>>3759516
>>3759436
Who the fuck browses 4chan without 4chanX on? You're both either tremendous retards damage-controlling, or newfags.
>>
>>3759570
>>3759573
Can the tourists who think spouting vulgar obscenities is acceptable behaviour on /u/ PLEASE just leave already?
>>
>>3759507
Can't find that anywhere, sadly.
>>
>3759630
Pathetic falseflagging.
>>
>>3759651
>falseflagging
Literally a tourist from /pol/.
>>
>>3759598
>Who the fuck browses 4chan without 4chanX on?
People whose life doesn't begin and end with 4chan.
>>
>>3759598
>>3759730
I was gonna respond more elaborately but honestly this sums it up.
>>
>>3759358
...do you know anything about the movie's production?
>>
>>3758432
>bad ending
>worth seeing.
Pick one
>>
>>3760009
A film is more than its plot synopsis.
>>
File: Madchen-in-Uniform-HERO.jpg (250 KB, 1860x1044)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>3759349
Uniform is great. It's just very hard watching knowing alot of the extra "side" schoolgirls were Jewish and killed in Concentration Camps.
>>
>>3760009
I’d like for us to get to a point where bad ends feel authentic, but when we still have film adaptations changing a happy ending in the book to a bad one in the film I can’t accept we’re there yet.
>>
>>3760189
>we still have film adaptations changing a happy ending in the book to a bad one in the film
What the hell, did they really do this? That makes it a hundred times worse.
>>
>>3760208
Not in this instance, but it happened with Tell it to the Bees in 2018. I think World to Come was an original story someone came up with after reading a contemporary diary of the time or something.
>>
>>3759349
I prefer the 1958 version but both are good.
>>
>>3760225
Lily Palmer was so hot.
>>
>>3756932
sad to hear it. I liked it despite how cheap and cheesy it was
>>
>>3758820
finished season 2 yesterday and I loved it. always been a sucker for british comedies tbqh. also I wasn't expecting Lady Gabby to be the gay one so that was a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>3761271
You should check out Derry Girls if you haven't already.
>>
File: mfs.png (1.98 MB, 1569x795)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
Why'd they get rid of her scar and give her this haircut?
>>
>>3761455
women aren't allowed to have cool facial scars
>>
>>3761455
Something something The Male Gaze.
>>
>>3761477
This but unironically.
>>
>>3761455
It looks cute and it's character development.

>>3761477
There's nothing male gaze about it.
>>
>>3757202
Single Drunk Female whenever it gets around to airing it's 2nd season. the lead is Bisexual
>>
>>3761455
shame she's barely in the final season due to the other production she was in caused a accident with her
>>
>>3754093
the moms of one character and maybe said character but she was filming naked high school boys episode 1
>>
if you don't mind it being in Spanish and the occasional het stuff for a spanish drama. watch "Madre Solo hay Dos/ Daughter from Another Mother" on netflix. It's basically a slow burn age gap romance between 2 women who's babies get swapped on accident. There's even a entire scene shot like they were marrying each other. 2 seasons, 3rd greenlit
>>
>>3761564
>slow burn age gap romance
Sold.
>>
>>3761564
I kept seeing this come up on my home page and Netflix was very bad at letting me know whether or not they were actually in lesbians and therefore whether it was worth my time.
>>
>>3761564
>slow burn age gap romance
My weakness
>>
>>3761564
Don't they both have husbands?
>>
>>3759340
Finale just aired no she did not die, but she did narrowly lose re-election(apparently being gay in the 90s is bad for your political career) and her story is over. The cool part is she did go back to the girl she loves. That being said Ellen was also one of NASA's top mission commanders so she might come back so who knows.
>>
>>3761455
Because that's how Taylor uses her hair irl and because they're "fugitives".
Abigail got a wig hairdo change too.
>>
>>3761564
>age gap romance
And now I'm obliged to check it out
>>
>>3761759
no the older one does but they break up part way through season 1. the younger one starts the season with a girlfriend. All of these other characters don't matter as the entire show is leading up to the 2 leads getting together
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.12 MB, 1920x1594)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
In the new Sandman TV series, John Constantine is gender-bent into Johanna but is still bisexual and has to meet up with ex-girlfriend. Of course, the ex-friend has suffered a horrible fate because of Johanna's fuckup and dies soon after she's introduced.
>>
>>3762099
Wow, I remember reading these comics ages ago as a kid. Surprised to find out that Neil Gaiman is still relevant enough to convince someone to give him a TV show.
>>
>>3762099
The exact same thing happened but was way more gruesome in the comic
>>
>>3761564
It's from Mexico, not Spain, so I'll watch it.
Can't stand Spanish people accents
>>
>>3762099
Wow and she's black who woulda thought
>>
File: Spoiler Image (137 KB, 1920x1080)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>3762099
On a later episode, there's another lesbian character who's trying to contact her gf after they had a fight, She's stuck in a diner with a small group of people and forced to tell the absolute truth by an antagonist with his magical artifact. She hooks up with a middle-aged waitress, reveals that her gf ran away from her because she's often unreasonably jealous and she hit her gf during their last fight. And of course, she ends up committing suicide and dies along with everyone else in the diner.
>>
>>3756297
Dude don't even get me started about BKV. I legitimate dropped Saga when he killed off The Brand completely unceremoniously and totally unearned. Not nearly as bad as the major character death at the end of Y The Last Man, but still.
>>
>>3762456
Kek, I remember this from the comic. Reading your post made it come back to me in gruesome detail. Neil Gaiman identifies as a "postmodern" writer, so of course he will always have the grossest, most nihilistic, and most subversive take on everything.
>>
>>3762507
The first dozen issues of Sandman had Gaiman heavily, heavily copying Moore's style from Swamp Thing. There was much less of that nihilism later on, but the series was ultimately very bleak.
Can't wait until they adapt the transphobic moon
>>
>>3756297
If Y: the last man's "bad end" is the last Y dying I wouldn't consider it a bad end.
>>
>>3762374
> it's all in spanish
> it's a spanish show like young sheldon is a english show
>>
>>3762520
Maybe they'll adapt that one Death comic mini-series that had a lesbian couple.
>>
>>3761564
Really liked first season, second got progressively worse, constant conflict from multiple angles gets tiresome. Mixed hopes for 3rd season, but it was an enjoyable watch nonetheless.
>>
>>3762374
Spanish always sounds ridiculous no matter the accent

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.