[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Discuss, request, and recommend /u/-related /lit/ works!

Previous Thread: >>3736837

------
>Downloads:

ulit Archives 2020 torrent (10,058 books with release dates up till December 2020):
http://mgnet.me/.ulit2020
https://www98.zippyshare.com/v/2cHoRQTU/file.html

------
>How to find books:

Mobilism Search for Lesbian, FF, LGBT, and GLBT keywords:
https://forum.mobilism.org/search.php?keywords=Lesbian+FF+LGBT+GLBT&terms=any&author=&fid%5B%5D=376&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0

Custom Google Search:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=001639227550064093264:dznewka3cca

Downloading from #bookz on IRC:
https://imgur.com/a/AXp2bYW
https://pastebin.com/pwAudzs6

ZLibrary (Bookzz / B-OK):
https://1lib.sk/
https://b-ok.org/
https://b-ok.cc/
https://1lib.eu/
https://ar1lib.org/

Library Genesis:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
https://libgen.lc/foreignfiction/

------
Outdated recommendations document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18e71t0H7v6olXdY9Ig0giUjnhSt1zltLcLSpj3SxRaI/
>>
File: comfy.jpg (911 KB, 900x1200)
911 KB
911 KB JPG
Any super casual comfy lesbian romance novels that have a similar feeling to Non Non Biyori? Just a slow paced relaxing story with lesbians enjoying their lives in a small town out in the boonies where nothing bad happens?
No bishit or het at all, please.
>>
File: 1654014901381.png (403 KB, 1106x652)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
I wish /u/ had a book club, could be fun.
>>
>>3754190
Can only think of Legends & Lattes
>>
Any story about a hunter of supernatural creatures?

Also not in a vigilante way but like actually does the hunting for her job full time like Van Hellsing and Witcher
>>
>>3754190
Speaking out of my ass here, but I think Western writers are generally averse to writing a slice of life story where nothing much is happening like NNB. There will be some sort of conflict, after all it's what they were taught in schools that stories need conflict.
>>
>>3740487
I'm up to date on this. I like the chapters with her brought to the present more.

Any more recs for time-travel, or fish-out-of-water?
>>
>>3754193
This is the /u/ book club
>>
>>3754330
I ended up stopping this because I started skipping the fantasy world chapters in favor for the "real world" chapters
>>
>>3754327
I don't think you're entirely wrong, but I feel a more relevant distinction is between self-contained and serialised fiction, i.e. movies and books compared to TV shows and serialised literature. We also might be defining conflict more or less broadly than the other.

For example, the NNB movie has a proper narrative arc with some conflict (Natsumi's angst about her Okinawan girlfriend, finding the courage to say goodbye), even if it's low-stakes and focused on a relationship dynamic instead of some big dramatic life-and-death struggle. But there are any number of Western stories where the climax is a small-scale growth a character achieves or a simple epiphany.

>after all it's what they were taught in schools that stories need conflict
It's more that the stories you grow up reading and enjoying inform you as a writer. I certainly don't include conflict in my stories because anyone told me I should, but rather when my ideas grow into plots the character/story arcs that result naturally tend to involve one or more kinds of internal and/or external conflict. I might look at an in-progress project, feel something's missing and consider what kind of narrative thread can be worked in to tie the story into a satisfying experience, but I've never worked out a setting and characters and even a series of events I was happy and then sat there thinking, "okay, but it needs conflict, so how can I add some of that?"
>>
>>3754327
Fanfics tend to explore the slice of life aspect with interpersonal conflicts, but that's ~~bad because fanfics bad.
>>
For the nonna who asked for yuri cultivation novels in the last thread

Still on my to read list, but a fan made a god tier trailer which is how I found out about it https://youtu.be/62TCdBWcdjE

The links to read it are here https://jwqs.carrd.co/
>>
>>3754427
the translations for these are so awkward
>>
File: 1653712499448.jpg (69 KB, 500x588)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
What are you all reading at the moment?
>>
>>3754493
rereading Gideon the ninth, then Harrow in preparation for Nona
>>
>>3754465
I read 'Female General and Eldest Princess' by the same author and translated by Melts. I thought the translation was really well done.
>>
>>3754493
Nothing because there's literally nothing to read. I want something that will make my heart go doki doki, that will make me swoon
>>
>>3754427
Thanks
>Google Drive
?!
>>
>>3754427
I don’t see any cultivation or magical kung fu in this trailer. In fact it almost feels like a reverse Shim Chong where the person married into the family is the one trying to manipulate everyone and putting people in body bags.
>>
>>3754954
JWQS is definitely not a cultivation novel and you're basically correct with your evaluation of the premise. Dunno why anon thought it was. It is pretty good though if you can look past the somewhat awkward translation and the long, meandering plot.
>>
JWQS is a 6/10 sometimes 8/10. The third act is really shit and so is the conclusion. It IS a happy ending though.

If anyone would do exactly as JQWS but tone down the cringe, focus on a more character driven plot and strip it from stupid side-characters it would be one of the best yuri out there.
>>
>>3754954
>>3754967
Ruzhui actually seemed like it was going to have cultivation elements before PDL got bored in the third act and ruined the story.
Would have much preferred the time traveler cultivator that was hinted at.
>>
So Yangchen is completely irrelevant to /u/
>>
>>3754990
Does she have a love interest, though? I searched the book for "kiss" and synonyms and found nothing.
>>
>>3755039
Not really, there's a boy with a lot of sceentime ("page time"), basically they call each other attractive a few times and he flushes from holding on to her once, but ultimately nothing outright romantic.
But not even any female friends or companions, except for a past Air Nomad friendship/sisterhood
>>
Mistress I Was Wrong is a yuri cultivation novel. Just goodluck with the first few chapters, the translation will give you heaf ache
>>
I just found out that "cultivation" wasn't related to agriculture so I'm a bit sad.
>>
I have an incredibly strong urge to reread The Tiger's Daughter. I never reread books and The Tiger's Daughter wasn't even that good, but something about the whole "two girls go on fantasy road trip" is so appealing
>>
>>3754724
Do you like Victorian type fantasy? I could recommend C.M. Waggoner's "The Ruthless Lady's Guide to Wizardry."
>>
Newfag to actual literature: how are Sarah Waters works rated here? Which one should I start with?
>>
>>3756220
Decent. I'd say start with Fingersmith.

OP forgot to include the usual newbie recs at the start of the thread, but the old one is still in the archive so check >>3736840 and >>3736845 to see if anything caches your fancy.
>>
>>3756226
>I'd say start with Fingersmith.
Just bought this one and the other 2, if I'm reading this right it's a lesbian trilogy set in Victorian London? Sounds pretty based.
>>
>>3756233
It’s hard to say much about Fingersmith without ruining the best part but it’s a classic
>>
This isn't a thread for personal projects right? I wrote a pastebin I was looking for impressions on, but I'm not sure where to post it.
>>
>>3756321
You can post here, or the fanfiction thread.
If you post here, the feedback you'll get will probably come with the underlying assumption that you're writing a novel (or at least attempting to). If you post in the fanfiction thread, your work better be based on some existing universe, or make it clear that it's original, but heavily based on one.
Also, you better have at least 5k words worth of material. Possibly closer to 10k, which would be around two to three chapters at average chapter lengths.

Imho pastebin is shite to read, use something like https://rentry.org and take two minutes to turn your text into something presentable, or if you're really comfortable with your work, put it straight up on AO3.
Make sure you've got the grammar editing covered, great way to turn off potential readers, and an even better way to make half the feedback essentially "run a spell check".
Lastly, if you do post your work, state you purpose. What do you think you're looking feedback on? Prose? Pacing? Are you just procrastinating and therefore not writing? Characters?
>>
>>3756332
Oh yeah, it's just a small excerpt of two takes on a prologue I wrote. It's not 5k words itself, but it's part of a larger thing I've almost finished that'll be 50 pages long and meant to update in episodes of multiple chapters so I can start and stop in reasonable chunks.

It's a BDSM romance between two reunited friends where they have a D/s dynamic that's supposed to be playful and mundane, something that the two protagonists engage in to make their lives feel more exciting (and also the protagonist technically kidnapped her friend out of her old home, which plays into that in-universe fantasy they want).

Come to think of it, the 40 pages I've wrote totals to 19k words across four chapters and this prologue. I'm an amateur writer so I don't know if that's too many words for that.

But yeah I'll post it as long as it being two excerpts of 850+ words isn't a problem. I don't know if that's a hard and fast rule but I thought I'd be better off being safe.
>>
>>3756337
If you've already written 40 of your expected 50 pages, just finish the job and then post it fully. The <1k words of your prologue are probably some of the least important in your story, especially if the prologue is mostly an infodump to frame or set up the story.

>I'm an amateur writer so I don't know if that's too many words for that.
You need as many words as you need to clearly and succinctly tell your story. But if you're looking for feedback you need to give some material. I think most people can get a good feel for a story at around 5k to 10k words, which is around two to three chapters at average chapter lengths.

But I think there's an even bigger issue here. How can we know which prologue is better without even having a hint of the story?
Imagine a car manufacturer putting out a new model, no one knows how it looks like yet, and they go on twitter and throw out a poll with two pictures of disembodied side mirrors asking fans which one looks best. Like, mfer, how are we supposed to know which one fits the car better when we haven't even seen the actual car yet.

Also, the more I write in my response, the more I get the feeling that I'm helping you procrastinate, and therefore not write. Publish or perish, you absolute heathen.
>>
>>3756351
>But I think there's an even bigger issue here. How can we know which prologue is better without even having a hint of the story?

ykw I didn't even think about this, you're totally right. I'm near the end, I might as well just go all the way and then post it on AO3 or something.

I also wrote 6 pages of the last chapter over 4 hours today, so don't worry about procrastinating. I've been at it three months now and this is my second draft.
>>
I know this isn't the best place to ask but I chose it because it's /lit/ adjacent, but do any of you guys have the image for the Yuri Ideas thread?

It got axed, I want to start a new one.
>>
>>3756379
Go find it in an archive
>>
Can anyone recommend me some erotica?
I'm looking for something in a fantasy setting, with dubcon. Like a spell gone wrong, or a love/lust god playing a trick on our heroine(s).

I tried lesbian ABO but that still had phallic stuff going on and was a bit too mean for me.
>>
>>3756473
>I tried lesbian ABO but that still had phallic stuff going on
But why? Even though ABO is not my cup of tea, I can think of a few ideas right off the bat.
>both alpha and omega girls have pussy
>to make up for the lack of a direct delivery mechanism (aka dick) alpha girls produce cum with high sperm count; they squirt when they cum, and it takes very little of the fluid to impregnate a heated omega
>there's a lot of tribbing going on
>>
>>3756644
The early stuff in the genre was quite inventive (mostly a lot of fisting and toys/tribbing with fluid mixing like you suggest, but I’ve seen everything from pg-13 friendly ‘rubbing scent glands on wrists against receptive areas on omega’s neck’ to fairly /d/ ovipositor stuff) but at a certain point everything just became dicks. I guess futa is a much more common fetish than most people would assume. It’s a pity because the specific way that power dynamics are often explored in it is something that just hits my kinks perfectly for some reason and it’s basically the entire reason I realised I enjoyed affectionate fisting so much. Most of the time I came across it in fiction before that it was always paired with pretty heavy degradation. Humiliation I can get into based on the tack the author takes, but degradation always feels uncomfortably close to just abuse for me.
>>
>>3756663
>Humiliation I can get into
>but degradation always feels uncomfortably close to just abuse
Literally same thing under different name.
>>
File: FUZyYC4UUAAN1-i.jpg (367 KB, 1448x2048)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
Hey anons. What was that novel about the lesbian dragon and her slave girl chick from the village? Is that /u/ material or is it bait?
Thanks.
>>
>>3756744
Maybe I should have also qualified the humiliation as affectionate? The personal distinction for me is humiliation is being put in situations that make you feel embarrassed, while degradation is calling you a piece of shit and denigrating your worth as a person. There’s more of a cruelty and shame factor, more ‘mean’. There’s obviously crossover between the two, but it’s the most reliable way I’ve found to filter stuff so far.
>>
>>3756752
Dragonoak by Sam Farren, I think? I only read the first book, but I heard they end up in a throuple with the other monster girl.
>>
>>3756762
No. That wasn't it. It was like a Southeast Asian author. Vietnamese or something. Like the slave girl was given as an offering to the dragon.
>>
>>3756773
Might be In The Vanisher's Palace by Aliette de Bodard (Frenchie author, but the characters have Vietnamese sounding names). Haven't read it yet.
Or possibly Nghi Vo who's written several /u/ novellas (haven't read them either).
>>
>>3756774
ty
>>
>>3756759
youre such a nerd onee-sama
>>
>>3756644
It doesn't take many unpleasant reads to get discouraged from reading more in the same genre.
What sounded appealing to me was people losing control and tempted to give in to their overwhelming desire.

I once read a short story about two girls accidentally breaking a effigy of a love god.
This 'cursed' them into lust when they weren't honest with each other.
After some embarrassing situations, it ended with them becoming a couple breaking the curse.

I'm looking for something similar, be it love potions, magic, or something else. I want to read about being unable to resist lust.
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

>>3756759
I totally get this. I love reading about a character feeling embarrassed in the presents of a lover, but it's a massive turn off for me if it feels mean spirited.
The same action can feel totally different if there's no trust between characters.
>>
>>3756845
>I'm looking for something similar, be it love potions, magic, or something else. I want to read about being unable to resist lust.
Don't have any recs for original stories, but if you're ok with fanfic, the tags "sex pollen" or "fuck or die" are what you're looking for.
>>
>>3756845
>This 'cursed' them into lust when they weren't honest with each other
Give me the name of this thing.
>>
>>3756814
Guilty. But I value clarity in communication. Bully me more anon
>>
>>3755912
I'll check it out. Thanks
>>
>>3756887
Thank you for that suggestion.
Tried a few fanfics, most, sadly aren't written that well.

>>3757127
Sorry can't remember the tittle. It was posted on DA, but it was removed for violation of DA's rules (you can't describe sex even in stories).
>>
>>3757153
what no im the poster who talks about other anons bullying her you cant steal one of my only personality traits
>>
God I fucking love being bullied

>>
>>3749362

I could not finish this book. The YA aspect of it is too influential in the way the story evolves for me.

The author had a great idea but I'm not sure about the execution.
>>
>>3757893
Sweet.
>>
>>3757893
>God I fucking love being bullied
no you just crave being bullied because you werent bullied enough as a child :/
>>
>>3758232
I agree 100%. Personally, in terms of minor changes, I would have preferred if the first act was a bit longer before setting off for the adventure.

>MC is actually a nobody, LI gets captured and stays in starter town chained. MC regrets what she did to LI and tries to befriend them. LI is an actual undead and teaches MC about Valkyries stuff. MC realizes over the time that being it isn't what she wants. Kiss kiss fall in love.

I would just scrap all of the third act in favor of something more 'mundane', but that's just me. Or something more organic.
>>
I finally have time to read. Can someone give me the list of YAs released this year?
>>
>>3758784
Here you go, my personal list of recommended reads from this year:
>>
>>3758934
youre so mean anon-onee
>>
>>3759259
They've all been trash. Nothing could really top the releases from 2020
>>
>>3759298
Which are...?
>>
>>3759319
In no particular order:
>>
>These Witches Don't Burn

Please when does it start getting interesting?
>>
Dauntless by Elisa A. Bonnin

Cool book about a society that lives in trees and kills beast that roam the world to grow the population. The plot thickens when the MC discovers that there is a whole society that can talk to the beasts.

Story is ok, there's basically 3 POVs, the MC and her LI and also her commander. MC is gay but the commander is het.

Despite the name and the common theme of killing beasts to make armor and equipment out of them, this book has nothing to do with the game.
>>
File: 1658302557037.gif (1.25 MB, 640x360)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB GIF
Did any good books come out in the past year or so? I've tried a few but they were all disappointing.

>>3754427
Clear and Muddy isn't cultivation, it's ancient Chinese political palace drama. Do not read it. It's very long, probably as long as 5 regular novels, and it's frustrating to read with disappointing end.
>>
I just learned about "The Well of Loneliness" from watching Antiques Roadshow (US). Has anyone read it?
>>
>>3760444
I haven't, but I'll be looking into it.
In the meantime I've been reading the archive.org scan Wikipedia links to for Girls of Radcliff Hall and five pages in it's ridiculous and very entertaining.
>>
>"And now dear," said Lizzie, suddenly throwing her arm round May's neck, "there are one or two other things I should like to show you."
>she was intelligent and broad-minded; indeed, she was wholly unfitted to be a schoolmistress
>Miss Carfax was troubled by a strange agitation. Her heart began to beat violently. The sight of the two girls clasped in each other's arms aroused a curious hitherto unknown emotion in her breast. She felt as though she were going to faint.
>>
File: photo in her drawers.png (367 KB, 637x565)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
kek
>>
>>3758232
>>3758650
It's from the same author as Ice Massacre so I won't even touch this book. Not surprised at all that her new one is getting bad reviews.
>>
>>3758272
It's not fair
I just wanted the cool popular girl to noticed me and abuse me, ideally physically
>>
>>3760444
It's famous and it's depressing as fuck hence why I don't wanna read it.
>>
>>3760475
>>3760497
Imagine getting in a relationship with Miss Carfax, but she doesn't come with free vehicle reports.
>>
>>3760850
>>
>>3760578
im sure you can manage it onee-chan, find the hot popular girl of your dreams
>>
For the people looking for erotica, check out Tell Me What You Want by Johana Gavez. Nicely written short story with light BDSM.
>>
>>3760850
FUCKING LUL
>>
>>3760900
>>3761354
Miss Carfax traces her finger up your neck and lifts your chin, locking eyes with yours. She leans forward, slowly inching toward your face, with a devious smile on her lips. You can feel her breath. For a second, you close your eyes. A moment later, her cheek gently brushes past yours. Miss Carfax's lips breathe gently into your ear. "Tsk tsk, on March 27, 2019, you dinged your Subaru Forrester and your insurance rates went up 3%."
>>
Anyone know the name of a Literotica story where a tomboy/sports girl (I think she was black) mind breaks a girl into becoming her slave/lover. I think she got helped by the girls rival, the victims father was a running candidate for something and I think they fucked at the party once
>>
>>3760467
Literally the first chapter and already poor cecily is getting Yaya'd by a transfer student from America.
>>
>>3761392
>whispers in your ear about your Subaru
Just lesbian things .
>>
>this is how you lose the time war
that was mind-numbingly boring
>>
>>3761575
okay
>>
>>3760578
books for this feel?
>>
>>3761473
Moments with Miss Carfax:
>on your first date, she knows everything about your Subaru
>every time you drive, she walks around your car with a critical eye before getting in
>she tells you the front bumper is not an original part, and it's not recorded in the car's history
>when you watch a move and a car gets hit, she always reaches out for your hand
>gets super embarrassed when you accidentally discover her secret Hot Wheels collection
>in bed, dirty talk often includes a classic car with the perfect history
>when you go out to eat, she always sits by the window overlooking the main street
>gets into a heated argument whenever someone insinuates that carspotting isn't a real thing
>starts acting really strange and cold when you don't do your car's scheduled maintenance on time
>mysteriously knows all your friends and family's car history
>judges and ranks your friends and family in accordance with said car history
>refuses to let you drive in snow without winter tires
>gets really nervous whenever she has to use any means of transportation without a VIN
>absolutely refuses to ride a bicycle
>the only thing you know about her education is that she majored in statistics
>will occasionally space out while carspotting until you gently remind her it's time to go
>for some reason she always avoids scrap yards
>whenever she sees an accident on the road and says "I wonder if they're alright," you get this strange feeling that she's not talking about the people
>she's totally indifferent to any new Transformers movies coming out, like, really totally doesn't care one way or another, honest
>somehow, you always end up watching the premiere of the new Transformers movies with her

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Miss Carfax is the perfect LI for A Date With Angel type novella. This stuff practically writes itself.
>>
>>3761929
>when you watch a movie where a car gets hit, she always reaches out for your hand
CUTE. I want a Carfax girlfriend.
>>
File: hehe xD.png (250 KB, 360x594)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>3761929
I giggled like an idiot reading these
>>
>>3761575
Not everyone is born with good taste and that's okay.
>>
tfw i catch my mom reading the fucking evelynn hugo boom
>>
>>3762098
Why do straight women like it so much
>>
>>3762121
idk she was recommended it by her coworker and says its mindless celebrity drivel
>>
>>3761929
i would read the shit out of this
>>
There’s like a billion lesbian mermaid books but are there any that are actually good
>>
>>3762213
Tropical Rouge Precure
Kiratto PriChan
>>
>>3762215
i think you misread the brief, queen
>>
Would /u/ rather read about two teenage mages meeting in mage school, or two post-grad mages having adventures in the wilderness?
>>
>>3762688
I guess the latter would be more original, though there can never be too much of the former either
>>
>>3762688
Why not both in the same book?
>>
>>3762694
The latter is what I'm leaning towards.

>>3762695
That's what I was thinking but the way I wanted to write the two halves is quite different. The school stuff would be a typical narrative, starting with them meeting on the way to the school, living together, falling in love, having school drama, etc. I had some ideas for the school stuff, but I don't really "get" school drama. It wasn't something I had to deal with a lot growing up. I don't know how to write a believable boarding school romance, despite having all the Hermione fanfics I've read.
>>
>>3762688
post grad, desu as an adult im kind of sick of reading about kids having wacky adventures now my peer group is other 20 year olds
>>
>>3762706
B-but 20 year olds are kids.
>>
>>3762699
Or have their younger lives be in flashback form.
>>
>>3762706
>as an adult
>20 years old
>>
>>3762750
As a 27 year old I’m desperate for something that appeals to my fellow gay geriatrics
>>
>>3762840
I’m 32 and I’ve circled back around to just wanting something to be well written. That’s rare enough as it is.
>>
>>3762688
Grad student mages doing advanced magic shenanigans, losing funding for their research, and forming a startup to sell less-than-ethical thaumaturgical business solutions
>>
>>3756351
Yo I'm finished everything, slimmed it down, edited it and rewrote large chunks for readability so now it's complete at 42 pages. I was wondering if you still wanted to read it and if anyone wanted to be a beta reader.
>>
>>3762865
Same age and same here.
>>
>>3762865
I'm 29 and same here.
>>
>>3762865
Same
Also no First Person.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.