[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 42 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: 9781975337834.jpg (1.92 MB, 1733x2600)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
Previous Thread
>>3755752

Upcoming Releases

HikkiVamp 2: 9/20
Majo no Tabitabi 9: 10/4
YuriTama 1: 10/11
VTuber Legend 2: 17/10
Slime Taoshite 13: 11/8
Adashima 10: 1/17/23
Watanare 1: 5/9/2023
Omaegotoki 5: 1/2/79

Recently Released
MagiRevo 2
>>
List of light novels with official translation and ongoing fan translation
https://pastebin.com/MZ7AzvKk (embed) (embed) (embed)

Sneikkimies (AdaShima PDFs and R18 oneshots)
https://sneikkimies.github.io/

Omae Gotoki PDFs
Vol 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtlb99v5urdn2yv/Omae%20Gotoki%20ga%20Maou%20ni%20Kateru%20to%20Omou%20na%20Volume%2001.pdf?dl=0
Vol 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ljhp3dy2d85ica/Omae%20Gotoki%20ga%20Maou%20ni%20Kateru%20to%20Omou%20na%20Volume%2002.pdf?dl=0
Vol 3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfbxtksjsph2wdc/Omae%20Gotoki%20ga%20Maou%20ni%20Kateru%20to%20Omou%20na%20Volume%2003.pdf?dl=0

Completed unofficial English translations:
Clash of Hexennacht : https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Clash_of_Hexennacht
Puppetmaster : https://www.oolongmochi.ca/puppetmaster/
>>
Other news:
Magical Revolution anime announced for 2023.
https://tenten-kakumei.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twyYWvBQHEc

Japanese releases for September
https://twitter.com/TsuzuriYuri/status/1565112204822597633
>>
>>3783507
MagiRevo 3 is currently set for December 2022
Shokei Shoujo volume 5 should be released next month.
>>
Hikikomari Vol. 2 English releases tomorrow. Just saw someone picked up fan translation of manga, but someone needs to teach whoever it is about proper fonts and typesetting.
>>
>Hikikomari
Describe the yuri in this thing to me. Is it still like a joke or do the girls stick together?
>>
>>3785182
Various explicitly gay girls, no actual couple until now.
https://archiveofsins.com/u/search/text/hikikomari/
>>
File: 1663436288282391.png (927 KB, 1242x1766)
927 KB
927 KB PNG
>「うん。大丈夫。私、こう見えて結構紳士だから」
>言いながら恋人のように指を絡めてくるアンネロッテさん。
>「…………」
>ぺちーん!
>彼女の手を私のおててが弾きます。いい音がしました。実に気持ちがいいですね。ぞくぞくいたします。
Elaina awakens to the pleasures of DV in one of the later volumes.
>>
https://twitter.com/TsuzuriYuri/status/1572359962550050822
Koko dewa Neko no Kotoba de Hanase
Vol.3 Release date 11/18
>>
>>3785739
Nice.
>>
>>3783507
Very disappointed in whoever thought it was cool to use a translated title page for the LN thread.
>>
>>3786271
Take your autism and get /out/.
>>
Finished Detarame 3, it's the most yuri-heavy one yet. Wondering what I'll start with first when Hikikomari and Arioto's next volumes release the same day.
>>
>>3786658
Spoilers, please. I would like to have another yuri series to read but spoilers up to volume 2 weren't that satisfying in terms of yuri.
>>
Cover for next volume of Hikikomari revealed. Girl on right isn’t new is she? Think I’ve seen her in some of the older volume illustrations.
>>
>>3786661
Forgot pic
>>
>>3786661
>>3786663
She's Spica.
>>
>>3786661
The tweet says "A joint struggle between Komari and Inverted Moon", so I assumed she's the leader of Inverted Moon. I don't know anything after volume 2 though.
>>
>>3786661
It's the main villain-chan
>>
>>3786660
The larger part of the book is spent on Nara and Umidori's relationship. Nara overhears Umidori saying that if Nara suddenly disliked her, she would give up on the relationship, later saying that's because trying to force it would hurt Nara and she never wants to do that. Anyway, Nara gets really angry and refuses to talk to her, and both think about the other so much they get bags from not sleeping.

Eventually both decide to reconcile, in Umidori's case after the villain in disguise gives her a lecture about love. Umidori says while she can't yet chase after Nara, she can at least hug her know. Nara says she won't forgive Umidori unless she regularly hugs her and engages in more skinship. So, not explicitly romantic yet, though the way the villain presents that lecture hints at it, but their relationship is clearly the most important part of the story.
>>
>>3786658
Which one is Detarame? Sorry, I'm not up to date with all the abbreviations.
>>
>>3786715
海鳥東月の『でたらめ』な事情
>>
File: 100259984_p0.jpg (2.31 MB, 2400x3008)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
Sorawo is older than Toriko. That kinda explains a lot.
>>
>>3786770
She's an useless human being who needs an adult. Toriko is the adult.
>>
>>3786770
What do you think it explains? I've only read the manga and the first 2.5 novels so far mind you. As far as I've read it seems like both of them have personalities formed from their slightly unusual backgrounds (or strange, for Sorawo).
>>
>>3786770
Yes, one month is a pretty serious age gap. It's strange that few people mention that this age gap yuri story.
>>
Oh, and as a final comment on Detarame because I hadn't noticed earlier, it's getting a manga adaption on Comic Walker's Alive+.
>>
>>3787147
>GB
>Yuri
Pick one.
>>
File deleted.
Finished reading V2. What the FUCK was their problem?!
Also, is the author pairing Ilia and Lainie? They basically kissed.
>>
>>3787195
>What the FUCK was their problem?!
Communication breakdown
>>
>jannies so stupid that they deleted the announcements

https://tenten-kakumei.com/
[YouTube] TVアニメ「転生王女と天才令嬢の魔法革命」PV第1弾 (embed)

https://twitter.com/TsuzuriYuri/status/1565112204822597633 (embed)
>>
>>3787204
>>3783512
>>
>>3787195
Algard’s massive inferiority complex and being a male in a yuri story.
>>
>>3787195
>Also, is the author pairing Ilia and Lainie?
Seems like it. I was pleasantly surprised by that, since I figured that they'd just have Lainie be a Yaya when she was introduced/brought to the villa.
>>
>https://katalepsis.net/
Anons who likes Otherside Picnic, take a look at this thing. I've only read a little, but it seems similar to me. It's harem.
>>
>>3787354
Shilling is against global rules. Also, your story sucks.
>>
>>3787354
>It's harem.
Thanks, I'll not touch it with a barge-pole now.
>>
>>3787023
"I had a shitty childhood because my parents got involved with a cult" is one of the most stereotypical special-snowflake anime backstories there is.
>>
>>3789429
Oh well.
>>
>>3787354
>Heretical edge(3p lesbian story)
>Flow(yandere lesbian war novel)
These 2 should be on the top of /u/s list of reads
>>
Reject isekai fantasy, return to idiosyncratic science fiction. Twinstar Cyclone Runaway deserves an anime.
>>
>>3789429
At least it's used to good effect here and has more relevance to the later plot and setting than in most instances it's employed.
>>
>>3789429
Name 5 mcs like that
>>
Didn't see it mentioned, but MagiRevo v1-4 are all getting reprints.

https://twitter.com/fantasia_bunko/status/1572184577493594112
>>
>>3789702
Was it in the 3rd volume that they fuck?
>>
>>3789756
Volume 4, I think.
>>
File: 1654878476389.jpg (276 KB, 580x826)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
https://pastebin.com/U1h609v1
Elaina's pretty weak against Saya when she doesn't have her ability to lie through her teeth.
>>
>>3789668
Yeah, it's not all that common being a child soldier or war orphan is actually more common in anime, manga and LNs as a whole but perhaps not in yuri.

Either way it doesn't bring down the quality of the story or character,
>>
>>3789835
Those ones are common, but I don't recall many MCs who happened to have been children of cultists, even outside yuri.
>>
>>3789541
is there a translation available for Flow?
>>
File: 155063.jpg (719 KB, 2868x2048)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>>3786663
Oh, it's that tiny under boobs girl
>>
>>3789897
>https://flowserial.wordpress.com/
It's a western story so it's only in English
>>
>>3790020
When does the yandere stuff start? I read and then skimmed a few chapters and found nothing
>>
>>3789541
Sorry Kay, but your story sucks. Stop trying to force it onto lesbians.
>>
>>3789541
3p is threesome? Give me the link. Found one but there's no mention of lesbians.
>>
>>3787354
Web serials should probably be discussed in the /lit/ thread. LNs and WNs are basically anime novelizations, they don't even attempt to be well-written.
>>
>>3790164
After she loses her arm is when her mind starts breaking and then she completely tilts after her crush leaves her with the invaders because she was a peasant. She turns full yandere after the invaders fill her mind with vengeance and turn her into a weapon
>>
>>3790233
>https://ceruleanscrawling.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
3p happens later in the story and it starts off as a love triangle between her 2 girl friends but the triangle turns into a 3p after her 2 friends talk and settle on just sharing her
>>
>>3790689
>https://ceruleanscrawling.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
>the triangle turns into a 3p after her 2 friends talk and settle on just sharing her
In which chapter? And is this really yuri or just super friendship? There are literally no tags and the synopsis doesn't say much. Do the girls kiss and so on?
>>
>>3790692
They have sex, kiss and date though it's not the focus of the story
>>
File: hhnnggh.png (18 KB, 693x308)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>finally get around to reading Urasekai Picnic
>reach volume 4
>>
>>3790984
Still pretty subtext'y, isn't it?
>>
>>3791376
Yeah, very. What sort of world do we live in where a girl can't go on a handholding spree, tell another thats he loves her, rest her head on her shoulder and say she wants to always be alone together without being accused of being pretty gay? Poor Sorawo can't even openly lose herself to Toriko's nice smel which she loves so much for fear of it meaning something.

God I hope it gets more creepy and more gay. I really like the portrail of thier care for each other and intimacy which developed through on all they messed up shit they have experienced together.
>>
Just finished Hikikomari Vol. 2
I seem to remember the fan translation using the term “yuki-onna” to describe Sakuna while the Yen Press version uses the term “Sapphire”

Was wondering if anyone who has read the original could give some insight? Is it one of those cases where someone uses a proper noun and then puts an alternate reading in furigana and the translator just picks one of them?
>>
>>3791394
Toriko sleeps with Sorawo's doppelganger later on. Imagine getting cucked by your own depressed evil clone thing who just wants headpats.
>>
>>3791490
The Japanese version uses 蒼玉種, with just a normal そうぎょく in furigana.
I checked the fan translation and they just used "Sougyoku Race". I tried to find "yuki" in all volume 2 chapters and didn't find it anywhere.
>>
>>3791490
Sapphire is a good translation
>>
>>3791491
I am sure the real Sorawo will get it much better at some point.
>>
>>3791490
>>3791500
Wait, did they translate 蒼玉 with "sapphire"? Like "the sapphire race"? Wtf.
>>
What's happening with watanare v5 btw? Arioto next vol is out so it's not like its an author problem.
Heck, there was even another reprint a while ago.

Also when is otherside next vol?
>>
>>3791394
I realize you don't know Japanese, but girls telling each other suki and noticing how kirei other girls are is standard CGDCT stuff. The context of this being a Japanese LN matters.
>>
>Toriko bites Sorawo to leave her mark
Ever feel like an author wrote a book just for you? Because that's how it feels like to me.
>>
File: 51Qo1GyjEvL.jpg (455 KB, 1115x1600)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
Strawberry Panic is my favourite anime ever, I rewatch it every year, truly a masterpiece.
But I have to admit that all these years I've never read the novels, now it's a period with no new releases so I had time to finally read them. I knew from spoilers there were differences but I didn't expect it to be completely a different story. Even the characters are quite different, someone even physically like Momomi who is a totally different character and is not even together with Kaname.
I have to be honest: the anime destroys the novels. All this time I thought Kimino Sakurako was the person behind the world I love so much but it seems I was wrong, now I wonder who I have to thank for creating the beautiful world of the anime.

If I had to say the only thing I don't like about the anime is the fact they say Miyuki is engaged, but it's never brought up again and it's easy to think she cancelled her engagement and found a girlfriend after the graduation. Meanwhile the novel keeps remembering you 50% of the girls are engaged and it goes as far as saying the stories they have between girls are "a dream" they can live only while they are in school. It reeks of class S and it doesn't help what's happening with Shizuma at the end of the 3rd volume, making you fear she agreed for real to marry a man. Men are weirdly, constantly brought up for various reason, it doesn't feel at all like the anime where, except for Miyuki's engagement, there is never any mention of them and it's the perfect world, it's not like men don't exist, it's just they are completely irrelevant so they're not brought up, that's how it should be.
>>
>>3792401
Shizuma and Nagisa's relationship is quite shallow, there isn't any solid build-up to their love, in particular it fails to show how Nagisa is different from all the other girls. But the worst part was to say that Shizuma didn't love Kaori. No, you just can't do that. You can't look at Shizuma's suffering and say she wasn't in love with her. I fucking cry everytime I reach that part in the anime. Kaori's letter. Come on.
If Shizuma didn't love Kaori there wouldn't even be any drama between Shizuma and Nagisa because Nagisa would have no reason to avoid Shizuma and Shizuma wouldn't be afraid to hurt Kaori's feelings.
Shizuma giving up on Nagisa after Nagisa retired from the Etoile selection is odd, just like the kiss with Tamao in front of Nagisa, while it has meme points it's been a very trashy moment.
Tamao herself doesn't have much screentime, the novels miss all the scenes in their room and scenes of daily life in general so she's underdeveloped.
>>
File: Strawberry Panic 14.jpg (62 KB, 720x540)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>3792402
Yaya, oh god, Yaya. What a roller coaster of emotions. While she is one of my favourite character in the anime, maybe my favourite at all, there are some points I didn't like at all. First of all the "I wish I was born a male". No. You can't make Yaya say that. You can't. "Because I want to feel Hikari's insides". You can do that as a woman and even better. That left a very bad taste in my mouth. Kaname also said she wished to be born a male. I can't pardon this.
Then there is her backstory with her father. So she hates men because her father is a shitty person. What if he wasn't? She wouldn't have disliked men? And then the story with Hikari. She had two chances to fuck Hikari for good, in the first volume in the library and in the second volume in the pool, both time they make you believe she actually did with phrases like "guided her to pleasure" and later they tell you she didn't.
Can you imagine what I felt when Amane was about to fuck Hikari and Hikari called Yaya's name while thinking about that day at the pool? "No, Amane-sama, it's not like it seems, we are just friends, that's the only way Yaya-chan knows to show her feelings". Ha-ha the great Amane-sama had her first love stolen from (a) Yaya. But some pages later Yaya said she could but didn't. What. I can understand she loved Hikari so much, a love she never felt before that she wanted to keep her dearly and treat her differently from the others. I understand. But in that situation in the pool...
Finally there is the wet dream in which she did fuck Hikari. Then she wakes up. "Yeah, I just want to be friends with Hikari". What?
I hoped there was something with Tsubomi when they were in class together after Hikari disappeared but no. Yaya ends up as a Yaya even more than in the anime. In the anime at least she is with Tsubomi in the end.
>>
File: Strawberry Panic 13.jpg (68 KB, 720x540)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>3792404
Hikari is as dumb as in the anime, probably the character that has less differences. The "prince" thing with Amane is as annoying as ever, that's why she is my less favourite character in the anime. But on the contrary, in the novel she had some insight that made me like her more. It shows she is really annoyed herself with that prince bullshit and can't stand her groupies. She thinks love between girls is not a serious thing and that's why it's so satisfying when she falls in love with Hikari. And she fell hard, very, very hard. It was nice seeing her so attracted to Hikari, to the point to throw away everything else.
Plot-wise the end is very dumb. Yeah, she broke the school rules but we aren't going to expell her because she is the star of the school. That's some high level of favoritism. I also didn't understand where she went with Hikari. They were on a train going god only knows where but at that point she already decided to go back to school because she already called Chikaru, but a week passed before they went back to school, so where were they and what were they doing (other than fucking like rabbits)?

What I couldn't imagine is that there was a character I ended up disliking even more than anime-Amane. Who the hell is Makoto? I'm so damn glad they didn't put hi- her in the anime. I've lost the count how many times the author called her "shounen". A very unnecessary addition to the cast, everything she does ended up making me hate her even more. Showing up saying romance is a stupid thing but she would give love to anybody asking her and the average brainless mob immediately fawning over her stupid statement. She came back to "save" Spica but she is the one who did nothing but create disasters. Her drama was also utterly ridiculous. Oh no, my sister ran away with the person she loves. And the worst thing is her sister was even straight and ran away with a man.
>>
File: Strawberry Panic 26.jpg (62 KB, 720x540)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>3792406
Chikaru had a lot of screentime and is a positive thing but she did some dumb things, first of all bringing Makoto to Spica, but even worse was pushing Kagome in her hands. Fortunately Kagome is a good character and clearly said she couldn't stand Makoto. I liked how affectionate she was with Kizuna, definitely a character that leaves a good impression. Kizuna and Remon were good too. In general, Lulim's character were all positive and Chikaru goes all out to declare she wants to create her harem, hoping she won't end up like her mother.

Finally, the Etoile selection is a farce. Since the beginning they changed the first trial because otherwise Nagisa and Hikari couldn't have passed it. Amane and Hikari undeniably failed the second trial and yet they readmitted them when they came back. I can let it slide they didn't expell them, but ignoring they failed the second trial? What even is the point of the trial then? Just make them the Etoile without any trial at this point.
Also the Etoile selection should be a competition to select the best couple, the one that love each other more earnestly than anyone else, showing how true their love is, but with Makoto being paired with Kagome that never met before just because she's cute it's like it's been turned in a beauty contest.

So yeah, I don't think I'll ever feel the need to re-read it, I'll just stick to the anime, rewatching it every year. The good thing is now I can understand the helicopter memes.
Sorry for the long posts, I wanted to talk about it, StoPani's novels rarely get discussed.
>>
>>3792317
He just posted on Fanbox that he finished writing about half of vol 6. Still no news on volume 5 though.
>>
>>3792330
I know that feel. It's pretty nice when you find something like that and read it grinning like an idiot because of how it caters perfectly to your idea of intolerably adorable.
>>
>>3792330
That's an extremely common cliche though?
>>
>>3792330
I loved that, also with Omae Gotoki with Flum murdering anyone getting in the way with yuri.
>>
>>3792330
The draft illustration of that scene is funny too. I wouldn’t change it for the one that actually got picked for file 22 (Sorawo’s revenge) but I’m glad they shared it.
>>
>>3783507
Got baited into reading Adachi and Shimamura by /a/ and it was fucking great. Is there any other yuri with interesting characters and take time to explore their psyche and emotions like it?
>>
>>3792493
>draft illustration
I haven't seen these before. Are they uploaded anywhere?
>>
Free Life Fantasy Online: Immortal Princess.
No yuri tags but the image they picked for the header looks kind of promising I guess?
>>
>>3793232
>https://www.novelupdates.com/series/free-life-fantasy-online/

Apparently there is no yuri (yet) but there's also no het (yet) make of that what you will
>>
>>3792642
Not that I know of. That one was posted by the editor when the vol. came out.
>>
>>3787354
Reminds me of a cross between Lovecraft and William Hope Hodgson.
>>
>>3792637
卍 - 谷崎潤一郎
ほかに誰がいる - 朝倉かすみ
>>
>>3792637
Shokei Shoujo?
>>
>>3794891
Not that anon but not even close. That's the case where I would recomend watching anime just because the writing is so fucking horrible.
>>
>>3783507
Update:
Hikikomari 3 currently set to release on 13th December
Magirevo 3 also on 13th December
Shokei Shoujo 5 on 4th October
>>
Japanese releases for October
https://twitter.com/TsuzuriYuri/status/1576165030109712385
>>
File: Fd9AhEbaAAAofze.jpg (53 KB, 434x415)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>3795420
>ビブリオフィリアの乙女たち
I need info about this.
And where is Hatsukoi aite 3? Iruma had said October.
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/TsuzuriYuri/status/1577069059346419712
>I've just received word that a new issue of a certain yuri light novel will be released for the first time in two years, and I'm looking forward to it.
Omae Gotoki Vol. 5 confirmed?
>>
>>3795430
>And where is Hatsukoi aite 3? Iruma had said October
I thought he simply said he had finished writing it. I hope editor is not waiting for him to finish AdaShima 11 so they can publish them together.
>>
>>3795430
>>
Shokei Shoujo 5 and Tabitabi 9 are now out in English.
>>
File: december release.jpg (133 KB, 990x812)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>3795529
>>3795430
Lmao it seems I was right about that, AdaShima 11 and Hatsukoi Aite 3 will both be out for the December release.
>>
File: 1660016477081.png (2.01 MB, 900x1347)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>3795824
>Tabitabi 9
It's funny to think that Saya had a yuri harem at one point in time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.