[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1973710/_/
https://twitter.com/heavenburnsred

Previouis Thread: >>3834456
>>
>>3857603
I don't. Never had a Megumi. But for whatever reason at some point the game decided to give me the basic Yukki's. It started in August I think, and by now I got her 4 fucking times. It being the worst offensive SS in the game doesn't help.

>>3857474
I got the senpai squad complete. I miss 1 char of A, B, 2 of C, and 4 of F. Those, together with the Senpai, are the only squads with full SS available so far.
I can do pretty good fire, light and dark teams. (I kinda have all fields, but not good sources for elec or ice)
>>
Is the writing for the events really that bad? Apparently Jun Maeda apologized on Twitter since apparently the latest event was so terrible people thought it was written by someone else.
>>
>>3861009
Personaly I don't think it was the worst event storywise, though it is clearly at the bottom tier. But I see why many people upset about it. No progression, no yuri, no consequences, literally "the who?" npc that you supposed to care about...

Anyway I don't think it's that bad, more like Maeda is vulnerable to criticism. And we don't even know how much of it is his responsibility honestly. Maybe WFS set him borders that he isn't supposed to cross, like "something obligatory sumerish and make it spoilerless for players who hasn't finished chapter 2".
>>
>>3861009
Nah, it wasn't even the worst event in this game, like on the lower side, but still ok, and if we talk about the general gacha standards, not this game higher standards, I would even call it "good", not just "not the worst". The problem is that Maeda thought ego searching on twitter for the negative reactions while ignoring all the positivity poured at him and engaging with a literal doomposter is a good idea for some reason. I don't know why, I guess the scars of the kamisama scandal are still fresh.
>>
>>3861318
Huh? Maybe they indeed consider island event a failure and want to make up for it. Or we are getting chapter 4.2 early on along with post chapter event.

But honestly, if they want to see people's impresions, they should run in-game polls. At least once a year. And not go to twitter for it.
>>
>>3861325
On my end it still says the event ends on the 31st. A monthly event ending early is unheard of, even the Iroha interlude ran alongside the Yuina event. Maybe they confused it with the score attack ending in a week? Because that's normal, we've been getting 2 score attacks per month for a while now.
>>
Any word on localization yet or should I just abandon hope and look for subbed story on Youtube or something?
>>
>>3861325
>Or we are getting chapter 4.2 early on along with post chapter event
It would be extremely wild of them to wait all this time and not reveal 4.2 on the anniversary event in a month with almost all 31A VAs present.
>>
>>3861009
This is just my guess, but I don't think it has anything to do with the event, and more with the game as a whole having issues. These issues can be covered up as long as the story/events are good enough, but release something that doesn't do much at all, at the year end when people actually have time, and you can imagine that bottled up feelings come out a lot more and easier. Someone says the event isn't that great, then someone follows up with what they don't like and it continues.
It also didn't help when they had the solo SS rate up banner, that is a second alt of a char, given that one major flaw the game currently has IS the alt system itself. They fucked things up with generalize, and never fixed shit. There are also plenty of people stuck in this game. The amount that even wait for 4.2 is a minority. There's no way it'd accumulate to what it did, if those would be the only force at work. No. The event was just the spark.

The raised level cap will help some, but ultimately it's still one of the by far most luck depending gacha on the market (if not THE most luck depending one), where guarantees for usable chars is only given if you pull a new char banner 200 times. Reruns never guarantee anything, and little currency for banners is given out. People are likely stuck because of that. Chapter 4 was never difficult with an alright party. The level cap increase isn't changing anything for those people that have been stuck there, or heck even in chapter 3, nerfed version.
Likewise the entire LB system is messed up thanks to alts, as it feels like a waste to use your res that you save up over months and can be a total waste at any fucking moment when an alt releases for the char that you invested into.

tl;dr: There are a lot of things they need to do. It's not like they haven't done anything. At the very least the crit issue is by now fully resolved I'd like to say, the new level cap achieves that. Very needed.
>>
>>3861377
>It also didn't help when they had the solo SS rate up banner, that is a second alt of a char, given that one major flaw the game currently has IS the alt system itself. They fucked things up with generalize, and never fixed shit.
Literally nobody complained about getting Tama, can you stop being insane?
>>
>>3861384
I'd have been happier if other characters got more attention, but it's 31A so I don't think anyone can pretend to be surprised. I'm only sad that we got far too little in the way of MeguTama goodness in the latest event.
>>
>>3861391
MeguTama is most likely heavily locked by the future plot developments, so he can't properly go in there just yet.
>>
>>3861344
well the anniversary is next month. If there's any a time to announce global, it's then
>>
>>3861453
>If there's any a time to announce global, it's then
They dropped the KR/TW servers news on some random stream, so I'm not sure about this one.
>>
>>3861455
KR/TW servers
Don’t most JP mobage not even get that much? And doesn’t this studio have a pretty good track record of their titles getting localized?
>>
>losing her entire harem the second there's an another pretty girl in its vicinity
Shikiclown...
>>
>>3859993
Yo OP, mind actually linking the new thread in the old one next time? I had no idea this was made. Also cant you wait till the thread actually gets to the bottom of page 10?
>>
>>3859993
Because you just jumped the gun I didnt even get to ask whether we should put the translation links into the OP. Now they will be buried. I'm seriously annoyed by this new culture of just making new threads on page 9.

Anyway here are the links. The main story has been translated all the way to the end of chapter 2.
Main Story subbed: https://youtu.be/iYgk2QsNu74 [Embed]
Event: https://youtu.be/KUVLZCdk4I0 [Embed]
>>
Guess I will just repost it then.
The new Seira memory event is really nice. Ruka tells her to uncover her eyes to get more popular at the base and it turns out that Seira's eyes are so beautiful that they literally hypnotize girls into getting obssessed with her on the spot. So she accidentally steals Shiki's harem. The punchline is that Seira's fortune telling for Shiki was that there would be a comical obstacle to her romance and it turns out of was Seira herself.
Notable: Shiki and Ruka are the only ones who could resist the hypnotic eyes (though Shiki admitted she had to struggle later on). Seems high willpower is a factor.
>>
File: Still_MC01_01_07_02_001.png (2.13 MB, 2276x1424)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
There has been some who think that this is Yuki with her hair untied
>>
>>3862490
I guess it could be Yuki if she dyed her hair blonde and got a breast reduction surgery.
>>
File: What even does it.png (1.69 MB, 1920x1080)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
Can someone help me make sense of this skill Irene has?I tried to use it in combat several times, but it doesnt seem to do anything. From my understanding it says that it restores 3SP on the next turn for whoever you select, but it just doesnt.
She is legit one of the best Breakers in the game as far as I can tell and she is a necessary mainstay on my team, yet I never even figured out one of her abilities and it bothers me.
>>
>>3862635
>まで
It restores it up to 3. Quite likely meant to work together with Carol who's the only one right now that can go negative.
>>
>>3862636
Actually Irene herself can go negative too, that one of her best features (though obviously she cant go negative by using this skill, so it is worthless on herself). It is honestly busted.
But thanks for the clarification, that is exactly what I thought it said, but it made no sense to me as anyone who drops to zero by using a skill would go back up to 3 in the next turn anyway. If all of 31X will have negative SP options this could very well be game breaking down the line.
>>
>>3862641
It's not going to matter. The battle system doesn't really work in a way where you can abuse this. At first glance it sounds interesting to be able to spam the same char's ult every turn, but then you realize you also need to buff them and suddenly the entire idea isn't so hot anymore. Then you basically need to setup a lot more buffs before you start it, and even then, if you DO setup like this, it'd still be better to combine stuff with def down/debuffs. You have 6 chars after all. Hypercarry doesn't really exist in HBR. It's a lot more about maximizing buff and debuff combinations.

Irene's sole good point is that she allows you to finish a lot of battles in 2 turns, if you have Higuchi alt. But even that lost some value now that you can just stack prisms. Still good for arenas, I suppose. But she's pretty bad in any other situation. If you can't burst or at least almost burst with her, other chars are generally just better options.
>>
>>3862647
She is one of my best damage dealers without any elemental affinity. And yeah I wont deny that her burst damaging everything out of existence is one of the reasons she is convenient, especially for grinding. She has been super useful in Score Attack as well though. I just dont see how she is not top tier. Especially for an SS1 she was ultra good right away. Most SS1s just pale in comparison.
>>
>>3862649
The newer the style the better, with exceptions of course. (for example Miko is still extremely good, and she's one of the starter SS I think, while Wakki's alt is completely crap, and it was released just some weeks ago)
The reason she's not top tier is, again, she's just an ult. You'd kinda like other abilities for dungeons as well, and she also lacks an element. This is fine for the new dungeons, but having literally only the ult (for example Miko also has other good aoe) can be an issue, low amount of hits on the ult, too. Neutral aoe ults is usually for dungeons by now, when the enemies tend to get all kinds of elemental resistances to the point one of them will resist something another is weak to, in the same battle. And when I say resist, I mean 90%+ damage reduction resist. The -sp isn't really synergizing with this either.

For score attack it's usually better to go with an element. Fields are just too strong. But of course it's a matter of what you have. As always, it's a gacha, and you can only use what you have. You also don't really benefit from the -sp thing, as the battle is longer.
She's still going to be better than some other chars, but to be "top tier" I think you need to offer a little more. The only place she really is unbeaten is rushing fights you can rush. Though, it really requires Higuchi alt, to be really strong. (or a LOT of limit breaks) I can definitely see her being valued much higher by players who do not have enough pierce aoe ultimates. But for general purpose, I prefer Miko a lot more.
>>
File: 1661342323723869.jpg (449 KB, 1447x2048)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>3862651
I have Miko as well and all she is is a defense down debuff. There just used the same logic. If you boost Irene's shot count twice she does ludicrous damage even without any buffs and her being able to ult at 0SP allows her to buff twice at the cost of anyone else's ult and then shoot her ult on top of that. In the time she recovers SP you can just keep bufing her again, it's a gradual build up for 4 times brutal burst damage in one long fight, so I dont agree at all with the claim that she is only good for quick battles in dungeons. Her standard shot can also be boosted twice, so she doesnt turn useless without her ult.
Let's take flame Ruka... how much do you need to do to really make her ult actually melt something? You probably need Ichiko's fire buff, Isuzu's and Megumin's elemental debuff and either Seira's crit buff or a crit orb. Maybe Shiki or Yanagi for a little boost.
Meanwhile Irene doesnt need elemental specific buff or debuffs and already buffs herself as her standard set-up. Give her any other buffer or crit option on top of that and she is even more brutal. She is a better Blaster than Adelhaid and a better Attacker than Tsukishiro, two other character who stack for their set-ups... and she is a Breaker.

Her only actual weaknesses are enemies resistant to pierce damage and the fact that she cant stack more than twice.
Can you be more optimal? Obviously. But tiers should be decided on solo value, not on specific combination potential. Ichiko seems situational because of her fire buff, but her buff actually also gives random standard buffs to anyone and her fire buff empowers her own infinite ult. She is good regardless of what team she is in. It's that kind of logic I am following.
>>
File: FjmNpHFUcAA0YsV.jpg (340 KB, 2048x1448)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>
File: FjmNpHFVIAAqBEe.jpg (398 KB, 2048x1448)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>3862741
>>
File: FjmNpHLUAAEnq4g.jpg (315 KB, 2048x1448)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>3862743
>>
File: FlOg7MZacAgiAmU.jpg (405 KB, 1193x1741)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>
File: FlOg7MhaAAAfl3x.jpg (334 KB, 1193x1717)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>3862745
>>
File: FlOg7MmaMAIBQjx.jpg (421 KB, 1197x1725)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>3862747
>>
File: Fl63s3PakAAM_ne.png (1.12 MB, 900x830)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>
File: 1671457729444458.jpg (306 KB, 979x1150)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>3863767
I love how this artist always portrays Tsukasashi as completely clueless but subconsciously embarrassed. In the game you can tell she is faintly aware of being flirted with and tries not to acknowledge it too directly.
>>
File: FUQI1P9aUAAcGuH.jpg (422 KB, 1402x2048)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>3863807
It's also drawn in a pretty cute style. But I'd say we're lacking in art that shows awakened Tsukasa pulling a reverse card on Karen.
>>
>>3863884
I think visually portraying awakened Tsukasa vs. airhead Tsukasa is a bit harder than showing the difference between Asakura and Karen-chan. It's just the slanted eyes and the voice. Also awakened Tsukasa has fairly few interactions right now so it is a bit tougher to really imagine how she would actually deal with affection. One of her defining personality traits we do know is her asocial nature that caused airhead Tsukasa to feel like she is happier when not awakened.
>>
File: FlM3UieagAAAq-s.jpg (2.96 MB, 2928x4096)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
>>
File: FlM3UifaUAIQso9.jpg (2.22 MB, 2928x4096)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
>>3868003
>>
File: FlM3UjDaAAIbviO.jpg (2.6 MB, 2928x4096)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>3868005
>>
File: FlM3UjlaAAIenHz.jpg (3.49 MB, 2928x4096)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB JPG
>>3868006
>>
File: FlM3jchaMAMjQLy.jpg (3.65 MB, 2928x4096)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
>>3868007
>>
File: FlM3jd7aUAYiAo9.jpg (1.91 MB, 2928x4096)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>3868010
>>
File: FlM3jdRaEAAcdld.jpg (843 KB, 878x1229)
843 KB
843 KB JPG
>>3868012
>>
File: FlM3jepaMAALM_E.jpg (921 KB, 878x1229)
921 KB
921 KB JPG
>>3868014
Waki and Bungo get tons of great fanart. Love the dynamic, love Mari being involved so often too.
>>
>>3868015
I'd really love to see 31C take center stage again at some point.
>>
>>3868020
Certainly, though I think WakiBungo has enough traction in their episodes as is. So it would be nice to get some Sakura/Miko or A-san with anyone really.
>>
>>3868024
>A-san
With herself.
>>
File: FieT0l1WQAAFIni.jpg (1.06 MB, 2444x4096)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>3868029
She would
>>
File: YunYuns BunBuns.png (785 KB, 1001x518)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
So we are getting Maria and YunYun SS now. And who would have thought, YunYun can go negative SP. Seems 31X has a theme. Also Carol S (her art is in the field of wheat that the outro of every chapter takes place in... because she is a reaper?)
No mentions of any content update, so I guess there is no secret surprise event after all.
>>
>>3868044
The other dataminer in the /vmg/ thread pointed out that Megumi just got a lot of new poses in today's update, and poses tend to be a good indicator of what's to come. Despite the mention of a potential delay in today's stream I wouldn't be surprised if 4.2 came out on the anniversary after all. The other new poses datamined (Fubuki got 2, Mari and Yanagi got 1 each) leave me with absolutely no ideas as to what the next monthly event will be though.
>>
>>3868049
Yeah that combination of characters doesnt really make much sense, but neither did the groups in the Sword Tournament. Anything can happen. I hope they will finally give Fubuki a little more depth. While I find her funny in her own way, she is pretty one-note. I think outside of Sharo and Aina no other character is this basic.
If we can get a sprite of Seira with eyes then we may also one day get a sprite of Fubuki without her gas mask. Fingers crossed.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.81 MB, 1012x2072)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>3868519
>a sprite of Fubuki without her gas mask
It was always optional.
>>
>>3869153
I mean it's not, considering there is no way to choose looks. Also that is straight up contradicting what she is supposed to look like. In the bath scene Ruka points out that she looks like a panda, because the area around her eyes is more tanned due to being the only part that is exposed to sun all the time.
>>
File: IDXKRvm.jpg (737 KB, 902x1211)
737 KB
737 KB JPG
>>
File: FluGNDiaUAElDfX.jpg (878 KB, 3514x1695)
878 KB
878 KB JPG
>>3869318
Anon... this is not the cosplay thread. And while posting just single character art is done sometimes alongside posts that is also kind of a grey area. Can we stick to posting yuri art or game screenshots? Nothing against cosplay though, I'm sure the cosplay thread will like it.
>>
File: FmcQX84aYAAIVYA.jpg (98 KB, 1000x1000)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Today is a blessed day.
>>
File: 88237482473.png (1.27 MB, 863x1200)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>3869710
Oho it's the no.1 tragic lesbian's birthday? Killah za Strawberry is my role model!
>>
File: FmfvbB6agAEBCYL.jpg (1.17 MB, 2928x4096)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>3863899
Really all you have to do now to show awakened Tsukasa is make her not a complete pushover airhead. Even Yuki was convinced she'd awakened when she pointed out the weakness on that one monster a while back. If Tsukasa learns to be more assertive later, then that difference will be harder to portray in fan art.
>>
>>3870364
Considering both Tsukasas are inherently the same person, unlike the split personality case of Karen, I could even see the aspects eventually naturally fusing into each other. A more confident Tsukasa, who is also more sociable.
>>
File: FljDr85aUAAsdUF.jpg (1 MB, 2894x4093)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
>>
File: FmM9sHcakAE3SX8.jpg (891 KB, 3627x2537)
891 KB
891 KB JPG
>>
File: Fl2SXjlaEAI7hXx.jpg (351 KB, 2048x1286)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>
File: FlpCDi1agAYlF6B.jpg (3.35 MB, 2344x2850)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
>>
File: FmBoGI9agAU0vaQ.jpg (93 KB, 800x638)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>
File: Pulcha est Maria.jpg (1.92 MB, 1912x1078)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
Maria is a healer with a damage based ult again. Interesting. Risa-mama and her make mediocre healers now, but maybe could be useful in other combinations. At least Risa's ult buffs.
>>
File: Exhibitionism.png (3.67 MB, 1920x1080)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB PNG
New SS means new memory events.
YunYun's:
>Ruka calls out Yunyun for looking too sexy in her china dress, but YunYun says it's traditional so it doesnt disrupt public morals
>YunYun ranks Carol as low tier on the public morals destruction list despite her sexy outfit just because it fits her hero persona
>Yunyun thinks Risa-mama is corrupting everyone with her mama field, gets corrupted herself (Ruka defended Risa-mama as not being a bad influence like her life depended on it)
>Yunyun and Ruka instantly agree that Yuki is way too sexual while being unaware of it
>Yuki destroys Yunyun with facts and logic and points out that the china dress isnt traditional and actually cosplay
>Yunyun didnt even know it's not traditional and just copied her mom despite being embarrassed to wear something so revealing. Ruka somehow convinces her to keep wearing the sexy outfit with some BS reasoning
>bonus of Ruka slipping up that she thinks Tezuka is way too sexy even when she just sits around
Maria's event:
>pizza time
>no really, Maria goes absolutely nuts about making pizza for the entire event
>Acknowledges Mari by name for understanding pizza
>Vrittika is used to Maria going off like a madwoman apparently

31X is a fun unit and they are all mentall ill. I love it.
>>
What I don't get is that Ruka's supposed to be special for having twin swords as her seraph, but Tezuka has a spear. There are no other spear users at the base. Isn't that just as unique then? But nobody ever brings it up.
>>
>>3862635
Never played this game, but it seems it has to be used in conjunction with something called "探偵のひらめき (detective insight?) and will restore target SP to 3.
>>
>>3876656
Welll uh... thanks anon. But we already solved that mystery. A simple Q.E.D. really.
>>
>>3876647
I think the idea is that she's unique because she got a double weapon. There's no other spear users at the base because the devs are reusing a bunch of generic animations, so they limited the amount of generic seraph types used instead of having more variety.
>>
>>3876711
It's easy to forget, but there also a bunch of weird jokes about how this happened or if she has suddenly a third one..
Probably some Higuchi event.
>>
>>3876711
Well it's easy to use such a lame meta excuse, but then you have to consider that they did make a spear moveset anyway, so why not reuse it too? Some of the great sword or scythe users would probably be more suited for spears. Kura comes to mind for someone who clearly would look better with a spear moveset.

What matters more to me is that un-universe spear users just dont ever come up, so I find it highly suspect that they are all supposed to be off-screen. Like do all the other squads we dont see have an overabundance of spear users to make up for it? I'd rather believe Tezuka is just special. She did make commander after all.
>>
>>3876647
Speaking of the commander's weapon though, her Seraphim Code is something along the lines of "lament of the fallen", right? It sounds like a code that she would have gotten after many battles, as Tezuka kind of represents the banner holder who keep pushing on for the troops that were lost along the way. She seriously cares about every single one.
But if Seraphim Codes are a reflection of the person's core trait and they get it right at the start of their service it would have felt really off to get the one Tezuka has. It makes me wonder whether the Seraphim Code can change or maybe actually predict someone's fate?

Ruka's "My legend has just begun" sounds like something that wouldnt make sense by the end of the series and yet... the implications are actually pretty profound. Meanwhile Yuki gets a freaking C++ reference...
>>
>>3876732
Speaking of. There is Irene with her "the truth is only one" and Tsukasa's "there are more than one truth". And who am I supposed to believe?
>>
>>3876963
It's the detective vs. secret agent dichotomy. The agent makes her own truth as she sees fit, the detective always solves the case accurately.
Also don't forget Tama's A-style is called "Truth or lies". What the hell is this loli hiding?
>>
They didnt really reveal anything about the First Anniversary in the update stream. This is some divine abandonment play. I hope they will absolutely shove content up our collective asses next month to make up for it.
>>
>>3877399
There's a lot of stuff on the anniversary page that's scheduled to be announced on the 5th. I still think they're gonna hit us with the news that 4.2 is not gonna happen for a while longer, but we'll probably at least get the 4.1 equivalent of Requiem and 1186, on top of other things.
>>
File: Flt5m5_aEAECMae.jpg (401 KB, 1448x2048)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>3877411
> the 4.1 equivalent of Requiem and 1186
I am pretty sure that's what Iroha's event is. A story integrated and relevant event.
I dont really know if it'sa a good idea to delay 4.2 any longer.This is a rather long waiting period that is unheard of for most fresh gacha games. That kind of content trickle is something you expect in year two or three at the earliest.
I'm much more patient because I treat HBR more like a seasonal anime and I am used to waiting for those already, but come on. They got the money and the plot completely worked out for this chapter and we already know that. What is stopping them seems to be technical stuff which is annoying, because ultimately I know that it's the phone players who hold us back.
>>
>>3877414
>I am pretty sure that's what Iroha's event is.
Yes, it was. To be honest, I feel like one of the main reasons why some people whine about 4.2 so much is because Iroha's event wasn't good enough to satisfy them. It was meant to be a link between 2 chapters, a story content bone thrown at us, but it kinda failed at that. Megumi MC perspective is not something they could have done because her story arc isn't over yet, and they couldn't really move the plot forward because it wasn't an actual chapter, so it kinda felt like a random girl focus event with a bit of 31A characterization instead of some "real shit" happening.
If they can fix this in the future, then this "a big chapter every +/- 6 months plus a meaningful interlude" format isn't that bad.
>>
>>3877399
>They didnt really reveal anything about the First Anniversary in the update stream. This is some divine abandonment play.
I don't know why anyone would expect them to reveal anything big about the anniversary when the actual stream is about 10 days away. They revealed the anni merch, the anni stream schedule, the pre-event campaign, teased the reveals a bit, that's all you can do before the actual thing.
>>
File: Colorful World.png (2.72 MB, 1920x1080)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB PNG
>>3877467
I am very fond of the Iroha event actually. Karen-chan is an absolute stand-out in it and we got more awakened Tsukasa. Those were things we could only get in a post chapter 4 event and that's what makes it special right now. Iroha is just a pleasant character to tag along in general, but I seriously thought the CGs of her seeing the ocean/drawing the ocean were straight up beautiful and memorable, as was the insert song.
>>
HBR is doing a popularity survey. You can access it from the home screen. I am not super sure if this will decide anything about new SS styles, but it's worth taking anyway. They also give you 100 quartz for it (yay...).
>>
>>3877467
I seriously doubt the wait for ch4.2 is a problem, when a lot of people couldn't even beat 4.1 by December, let alone 3.
For some? Maybe. But I for one agree with the other anon, that the Iroha event was good. To me the best thing we had in the second half of year 1 of the game. For a lot of people this however was an event they couldn't access period.
>>
File: Bungno.png (482 KB, 489x727)
482 KB
482 KB PNG
>>3878007
Those numbers are skewed, because a lot of players just downloaded and tried the game out. You need to compare those who actually are active and tried to go beyond chapter 2. Beating chapter 3 is very easy by now, it's not a matter of skill or assets, it's just that the majority of players are casuals who dont invest that much time or effort into games. Gachas where story mode is literally with no challenge and free still get bad numbers on later chapter completion.
>>
File: 4525555.jpg (46 KB, 914x515)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>3878017
It's probably fairer to compare it to the number of people who beat chapter 2. You can safely disregard anyone who only got as far as day 10 of chapter 2 because that has to do with the minimal friends system, but anyone who's gotten beyond that has almost certainly given the game a fair chance.
The numbers are probably out of date by now anyway. It's been a few months and they've since both added the new dungeon and increased the level cap. At least a few of the yuri artists I'm following have since beaten 4.1 and talked about it, and I'm sure they're far from the only ones.
>>
>>3878025
I have watched a lot of streamers/Vtubers play through the story (only female ones at that) and almost all of them beat chapter 4 by now. At the very least they beat chapter 3. And new ones starting just now manage to catch up to 4.1 in like a couple of months, which is more because of streaming schedules than the game stopping them. I dont think that necessarily represents the average player, but they often do get tips from their audience, which helps a lot.
I'm also happy that most of the time the veterans tell those girls to always play Requiem after chapter 2 and the Kura event right after chapter 3. New players may often get lost in the content and not realize how important those events are otherwise.
>>
>>3878017
Nah. This is a real issue. That's why they did the level cap increase. Just that that isn't solving the underlying issue, though it was still important to do.
Of course there are always some people that drop the game and such, but if you actually don't account for that into your own statistics, then I dunno what to say. Those should be total "active" players.

I may not be particularly lucky in HBR when it comes to getting SS, but the game did bless me with very fundamentally important SS. And before that, my account was a pain in the ass to play. It no longer affects me, but I remember the bad times, and I had a very average account. I imagine that to be even worse for "average account" people starting later than me.
No more rerun banners with choice pities, little free quartz and instead only free single pull campaigns, wonky RNG you can see via gameplay as well. Diluted SS pool with many SS that are either weak period, or require synergy. None of that helps. More and more alts existing can also lead to issues. The chance to get an SS for a char you already have one for is much higher than in the past, and with few SS that is BAD.
>>
File: Flo3NkzaUAAii4a.jpg (218 KB, 864x1152)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>3878033
It's you again. No matter how many times you say it, it's not true.You can beat the story with almost any combination of SS if you grind them, especially now that the level cap is raised. All this meta bullshit is only relevant for people who want to do the extra content and brag about Score Attack numbers.
New players get so much stuff shoved up their butts that they basicaslly start with 6 SS by now and that's before they got all the free quartz from the dozens of events, campaigns andbeating story segments.

When I beat chapter 2 I had only 2 SS and 4 S in my crew and it was midlly challenging. Nowadays everyone I see beat chapter 2 for the first time has 6 SS and at most gets thrown off by RedCrimson's gimmick. My point is that if you can have this many SS without spending money this early then you have almost no excuse. Outside of maybe having a somewaht easier time if you get good synergy pulls I wouldnt even say any SS is bad (except Misarin's). I've seen people beat Flathand with Free SS Ruka first try for crying out loud.
>>
File: ch3.png (1.28 MB, 1621x912)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>3878034
I remember the pain of having to bring free Ruka, event S Kozue and a pre-pre-level buff S Tama for my ch3 clear. I'm happy that it's way easier to be up to date on the story now than it was back then.
Has it really become that easy for new players to get a lot of SSes early on though? I assume most of them just reroll like crazy at the start, but I didn't think the amount of free gems new players had to play with from doing events and stuff would give them that many more pulls.
>>
>>3878007
>by December
>>3878025
>11/1
>>
>>3878039
This may sound pretentious, but I kinda feel that it was more fun to earn your victories back then. But my struggle at the start of chapter 4 most certainly contradicts that stupid emotion. Getting fucked with a Cancer shaped dildo the moment Day 2 started will forever be ingrained in me. I felt so confident after beating Flathand too...
>Has it really become that easy for new players to get a lot of SSes early on though?
I think it's easy to forget just how many free pulls accumulated over time. What we got in a year they get instantly. You also get a bunch of quartz just for beating story mode segments every chapter. Then you have to remember how much stuff you get for beating Events and if you spend your tokens on quartz or S-tickets you get even more chances. Then there are all the memory episodes which give you 200 each time. The Tower that gives you 50 for each enemy beaten etc etc. Even I remember being able to 10-pull basically every few days just by making progress back when I started in like April last year.
>>
File: FmmZg-IakAA5Lu1.jpg (1.33 MB, 3000x1605)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>3878046
Nah, I get what you're saying. I was really frustrated by the amount of grinding I needed to do for FlatHand back then, but I quite enjoyed my eventual win, whereas I didn't feel anything in terms of gameplay when going through 4.1. It wasn't helped by the weird balancing since I agree that the normal enemies were more of a challenge to play around than the boss or any of the minibosses, but I always assumed that that was secondary to the feeling that the gameplay's "shine" had simply worn off by then.
>I think it's easy to forget just how many free pulls accumulated over time.
I've done no pulls with quartz since getting Ichigo 3-4 months ago, so I'd probably agree with you here as well. It's quite easy to lose track of all the free pulls, S tickets and free quartz we've gotten when they go unused or just don't give you anything.
>>
>>3878058
I gotta say though the final battle of chapter 4 gave me the same thrill (including having to do it over and over to the point where I can recite the cutscene where Megumin stuns the boss word by word). That felt like the most earned fight in the game to me and every phase was a new excitement.
Of course it helps that Indra is an absolute bop of a boss theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPMgCxV4vdc
Gets me pumped as hard as White Spell does in chapter 2.
>>
>>3878069
That's how I felt with ありふれた in chapter 3 too. People can rightly complain about a lot of stuff, but the music has consistently been spectacular so far, as expected from Key, and the big fights certainly have that well-executed cinematic feel to them that makes said music stand out even more.
>>
File: Poll.png (1.46 MB, 1920x938)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>3878003
I did my part. Please give me a new Ichigo SS WFS!
>>
File: FnAnoppaMAAJpZ2.jpg (3.72 MB, 2315x3274)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
So any predictions for the new event coming out in the next days? I think someone said they mined Fubuki and Yanagi sprites in the new patches, but I don't know if they will really give an event to her right now, before the first anniversary of all things. I would really like to see Yanagi decoupled from Kanata for a while though, that would be interesting.
>>
File: Fnd1C9TaQAASYyP.jpg (497 KB, 1536x2048)
497 KB
497 KB JPG
>>3878003
>>3878645
We all know Yuina, Aoi and Ruka will be predictable top 3. It's not even close.
>>
File: 2023-01-15_011854.png (105 KB, 686x393)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>3879272
>That picture
Can it be memed into reality?
>>
>>3879315
The problem with giving them all wedding dresses is that it just appeals to waifufags. Unless they make it very, VERY clear that the weddings are between pre-established couples in some way. They would have to do something like taking the picture of two of the girls getting married and splitting it into each SS for them. I think some card games do that to show off a linked duo.
>>
>>3879323
So, either shared cg or two of them as one unit? Not impossible, but unlikely.
>>
>>3879351
If we take Ichigo and Aoi as an example, you could have them hold hands in their wedding dreses on the CG, but each SS shows only one girl... with the hand of the other on the art. That way you can tell they are connected, but still keep the focus on one each. Also paired units tend to cause more people to throw money at gacha, because you want to complete the set. And the really desperate waifufags can still look at the solo art and pretend not to see the hand. It's beneficial to both yurifags and the company.

The real issue I see is that there are no pairings really explicit enough to even warrant wedding outfits yet. Maybe Ruka and Yuki could get them down the line...
>>
Given that this isn't exactly a self insert game, I seriously hope there's no wedding dresses. Those always exist for self insert shit, and is honestly overrated as fuck. Although I may just think so because I don't do self inserting, like ever.
>>
>>3879367
There is room for self-insert trash as long as it is still yuri, but it is the lowest form of story-telling.
>>
You can always do the same thing Kanata style does and have the other member appear directly in the ult animation. It won't work for Aoi story wise, but you can do it for the other pairs. By the way, is Aoi x Ichigo pairing even popular enough to justify this kind of pandering? I know some weirdos are shipping her with Ruka still.
>>
File: 1662184657084319.jpg (359 KB, 1558x1500)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>3879382
>is Aoi x Ichigo pairing even popular enough to justify this kind of pandering?
If there was a poll about pairings (which is a serious oversight by the official poll!) Ichigo x Aoi would be pretty up there. The moment Requiem dropped the fanart of those two has never once stopped coming. Of course within the story Aoi didn't last long enough to actually develop her feelings properly which is probably the greatest tragedy of the game to this day (as Ichigo kept repeating "We just didnt have enough time"). So yeah as a pairing they don't even make much sense, simply because it cannot be anything but one-sided by necessity. But the potential between them was bottomless.
>some weirdos are shipping her with Ruka
While that is indeed a thing and there is at least as much support for that pairing by sheer chemistry and story focus, it is not as popular. Perhaps because Ruka was so explicit about not having a romantic interesat in Aoi.

Ichigo x Aoi was really just an example. Other pairings with a real shot at becoming explicit would be more likely obviously. And I think if we ignore canon it would be more relevant to have a pair SS for Monanyan and Kura. They were a duo, their feelings were mutual. I would laugh if they put Tsukishiro in a wedding dress and Kura in a tuxedo though.
>>
>>3879272
Gonna assume we won't get an event until at least the 9th when the "special" score attack ends, after which we'll either get a post-4.1 Megumi event with no 4.2, or 4.2 and something small involving the others whose new expressions have been datamined.
>>
>>3879392
But the Survival Island event literally says it runs till the 31st. They never took a break between events.
>>
>>3879440
They did once, when 4.1 was released on the half-year anniversary. The Tropical event came out on August 10th, with a DeathSlug rerun SA happening between 7/31 and 8/10.
>>
>>3879440
It makes no sense to start something new in a few days when the big anniversary live stream is in a week.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.33 MB, 2450x998)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB PNG
I cried again

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.