[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_3632.jpg (103 KB, 1200x1200)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
I have Joy-Cons with the connectivity issue. Pro Controller works perfectly but I want to keep Joy-Cons around as second controller for multiplayer. Is this a fundamental problem with all Joy-Cons or are only some affected? Should I contact Nintendo and try to get replacement or is it just a waste of time and they'll only send me something equally defective?

Love my Switch and BotW otherwise.
>>
>>371228417
Just an issue with a few, send them to Nintendo and they'll replace it.
>>
>>371228417
Works out nicely for them considering the exorbitant prices of their pariphrials.

I bet while its not a massive problem they're in no hurry to fix it.
>>
>>371228579
Thanks for reply. Did you send out for a replacement?
>>
>>371228417
My left one has the same problem. Isnt bad as others have reported but still annoying. Whenever i get time im going to contact Nintendo and see about a replacement like
>>371228579 said. Also enjoying my pro controller to much to care.
>>
>>371228579
>Just an issue with a few
Bold faced lie, all Left Joy-cons are affected, it's a design flaw

I'd wait for them to address the problem and then send it in so you get a revised model
>>
>>371229139
This. Also, people say distance is an issue but mine still has problems and I'm sitting right at my desk where my Switch is placed? It's fucking bizarre and happens randomly. And I can't tell if it's interference because when it happens I hold the joycons up for direct sight to the console and it still continues for around 5 seconds longer.
>>
>>371228417
Dude, just take the fucking left joycon out and solder an 18mm piece of scrap wire to the board. Go watch the youtube video, it's a 30 minute job.

Your other options are cut down on wifi signals in your house, move your network to 5g.

Or send it back to Nintendo for 6 fucking weeks.
>>
>>371229339
The joycon tech is so advanced it even stops you from playing too much.
Based Nintendo thinking about their player base health.
>>
>>371229475

>>371229339 here. Already on 5g. I really wish that fixed it.
>>
>>371229475
>Your other options are cut down on wifi signals in your house, move your network to 5g.
Pro Controller works perfectly so it's definitely a Joy-Con defect (fix requires better antenna or firmware update that boosts power at the expense of battery life).
>>
>>371228417
It's a fundamental issue with all Joycons.

The left joycon doesn't have an antenna, period.
For some reason Nintendo opted to shirk paying an extra .0003c per joycon for a slightly longer PCB and 0.02grams of copper.

Expect third party dodge-fix in a few months and for Nintendo to silently update the internals to include a trace antenna for future production (no new moulds required or anything that drastic, it's literally make the PCB 1.3mm longer and include pcb trace to the rf chip, so there is an actual antenna.)
>>
I have two sets of Joycon. Both gray and none of them have connectivity issues. You should send them back to Nintendo.
>>
>>371229786
That's not going to fix it in the long run anon, the hardware is badly designed.
It's pretty easy to fix right now yourself (which will work better than Nintendo's current fix, which is nothing) or wait until Nintendo silently revises the left joypad to include an antenna trace.
>>
>>371229786
Whether or not you experience the problem is irrespective of the design flaw

It's like saying you're perfectly fine with a hand with 4 fingers. While that may be true, it doesn't mean you're not missing a finger
>>
Does this also explain the shit signal it gets for wifi when joycons are disconnected? When initially setting it up I had max signal for my respective network, but after taking them off and sitting on my couch, it can't even find my network. It's annoying as shit, but I don't plan to use online much if at all.
>>
>>371230395
No, that sounds fucked. Try moving your console around to a different area.
>>
>>371229139
This is false. I've had a Switch since Day 1 and I have had ABSOLUTELY no Joy-Con issues at all. I've even done all the tests people are doing. It's just a defective batch in the mix.
>>
>>371231558
You're just playing closer than most people
>>
>>371231753
Just tested it again all the way across my room. Still no problems.
>>
>>371229139
Zero issues here and I've played for hours in all three modes
>>
>>371228417
No probs yet. I thought it had an issue but it turns out I was actually just being an idiot.
>>
>>371231753
Not him, but I'm seriously playing within a foot of the damn thing and it still happens randomly.

On a separate note, has anyone had an issue with the RIGHT joycon desyncing entirely after undocking? Happened once to me and I thought the fucking thing died for good when it happened.
>>
>>371231894
>works for me :^)
>>
>>371229475
>Or send it back to Nintendo for 6 fucking weeks.
Actually, Nintendo is offering 24 hour turn arounds. At least in the U.S.
>>
>>371230456

I don't think it'll make much difference. My router's about 20 feet from the switch and only it has issues locating it. There's at least 10 different signals nearby when connecting to wifi on my laptop, but on the switch it may find one or two of those, neither of which are mine.

As I said, whenever I took the joycons off and moved to my couch to play, the wifi completely dropped off. I'm real curious where the antennae is for wifi on the switch.
>>
>>371232479
That's still a week.
>bbut 24hours
That's for Nintendo to process and resend a new part after they've received your defective unit.
Still 2-3 days shipping either side.

vs. 5mins with a soldering iron and 15 minutes of assembly/disassembly.
>>
My first pair worked fine, my second had problems, send to Nintendo, replacement pair they gave me works fine even 20 feet away.

Just send htem in anon
>>
>>371228417
Maybe stop playing with children's games and you'll have better luck

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.