[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: fuck.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
How the fuck is this pile of hot garbage so fucking popular ?

You either land with people and hope RNG gives you weapons, or get instantly killed because the 5 buildings and rooms you entered had nothing in them. Late game/mid game is also a joke usually depending on who got the best scope.

The game itself still feels like unresponsive laggy bullshit. 100 player count is a fucking meme there may as well be 50 and a smaller map, considering in 1 minute, 40 people are already dead because they didn't suck the RNG gods dick.

Have to get away from the blue zone because the game randomly favored some people on the other side of the map ? Have fun being shot out of your car going 90kph. Cars are fucking bullet proof but why would you be able to duck and hide yourself from gunfire. Oh wait because this joke was designed for THIRD PERSON GAMEPLAY. This is why the first person aiming feels retarded as well, you have "hipfire", whatever the fuck you do when you hold right click, and then you can actually ADS.

How do you make a metric fucking ASSLOAD of money and your video game remains to be an atrocious shitfest with ingame ads for fucking streamers.

Fucking someone explain this to me holy shit.
>>
>>393230505
Meme game
>>
It's fun and you're bad :)
>>
git gud
>>
>>393230630

Yeah but how the fuck do so many people eat up the meme and then STAY with the meme ? The game is barely fun even when you do "well"
>>
>>393230505
>RNG gives you weapons
WOW ITS GAMBLING BETTER CALL THE STATE TO REGULATE IT GUYS
>>
>>393230683

What the fuck do you think it is, set spawns ?

It's totally random and you can loot multiple buildings filled with clothes and attachments while the guy 2 buildings over got an AKM, armor and a helmet.
>>
>>393230681
Its unique, you won't find the same kind of experience in many other places. Despite the flaws.

Sound familiar, faggot? Maybe you also enjoy a game that isn't perfect.
>>
File: 1503310679602.jpg (209 KB, 850x907)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>393230831
>can see the people that drop near you in mid-air
>can't find weapons
>continue to stay in the area when you know that there are other people that probably have guns already
So you're retarded and don't want to take the time to learn the game? Sounds about right!
>>
>>393230831
so you re saying you re playing a game of chance to win?
its literally gambling, get the state involved to regulate it so u have a set quota for everyone to win, so we have equaliry
>>
>get the quick deathmatch experience when you drop in a popular location
>get the slow tactical sniper gameplay if you drop remotely and survive with scopes
>have to make use of what you find
>appeals to casuals and hardcore players
>allows for single and team action
>its only 30 bucks
thats the reason.
the game offers something for multiple people.
you get the COD audience, the CSGO audience and the Arma audience.
>>
>>393230878

Flaws ?

You think pubg just has "some flaws" ? Right.... months after release and you can still exit 2 story buildings by clipping through a window in a game where you ONLY face other players. Registry errors and players lagging because they're from fucking china wasting your time, so fun.

>>393230978

So you think the people who landed with me will just let me run away right, not like anyone grabs a gun and b-lines for the nearest person to get a quick kill, right ?

I "learned" the game just fine faggot, you ever consider it's just a shitty meme ? How many times has vaulting been delayed now ? We're still jank jumping through and over things and getting killed for it, very fun.

Enough money to make an entire game from the ground up but we can't even fix these basic issues, pls buy loot box keys :^^^)
>>
>>393230505
>/v/ hates on pubg
>but yes fortnite is so based xD

Worst contrarianism ever.
>>
>>393231643

fortnite battle royale is a joke too

It can't tell what it wants to be, and the gun balancing is retarded nonsense
>>
>>393231280

It would be different if there was a handgun in mostly every larger building in at least one room. Melee is a fucking shitshow, jump punching is better. I have defended myself with a pistol but that only works when the other person is lightly armed or fucking terrible.
>>
>>393231627
>clipping through a window
jump crouching? lol
>>
>>393232697
through a closed window
>>
File: 1507847949544.png (13 KB, 470x127)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>393230505
It's popular because China is inflating the playercount
>>
>>393230831
have you possibly considering not being a fucking retard when it comes to picking your drop location
>>
>>393232697

you clip through a non-broken pane of glass

you can also easily park a car against a building to clip into it, again a totally not game breaking bug just more FUN !
>>
>>393230505
Make a list of games that should be as popular as this so everyone can see your shit taste in games and your true level of retardation.
>>
>>393233092

How does random chance of shit spawning in the first 2 buildings I enter have anything to do with drop locations. Even "high reward" spots occasionally have retarded rooms that have 5 pairs of clothes and some attachments.

I've landed on the radio tower white dome thing and gotten a level 3 vest/gun right off the bat, easily murdering the dudes below me who didn't find anything. I've landed in the same place on the same roof and gotten nothing, while the people below grabbed M4's.

Have you ever considered not being so fucking stupid when you make a comment ?
>>
I don't know or care, but can we, as a board, agree to ban the RNG acronym? It's so fucking over-used lately.
>>
>>393231643
both are equally shit
>>
I actually like the first 5 minutes where you pick weapons and kill other people, what I find boring is the rest of the game
>>
>>393232904
How do you know ? Any gold sellers around ? Been greeted with "Ni hao." ?
>>
People saw it sold a lot due to China and assumed it must be good.
>>
>>393230505
You know how I know you never hustled anything in your life?
>You know how I also know you're not a jew?
>>
>>393230505
Positives for normies
+Gunplay is good (not great)
+Client based hitreg for normies so they see it they hit it
+Adrenaline inducing
+Being actively shit and avoiding combat can actually reward you

Issues for normies
-Server closed connection
-QQWun-129234234023
>>
Finally got my first chicken dinner.

But it was a meme win, I was first to a drop box with like 30 left and nobody was around to contest it, had a gillie suit and groza.

Was basically GG after that.
>>
>>393233490
You're right anon. I think the game should remove RNG. All loot spawn should be static. The circles should be static. Spread on guns should be deterministic.

Wouldn't that make the game more FUN.

The only thing I could possibly concede to you is cars. I swear every game either overspawns cars or just completely fucks some sections of the map as unescapable.
>>
>>393236764
>getting your first win after so many hours by getting a handicap
lmao ignorance is bliss right, Tuck?
>>
>>393230505
>Chinese bot farmers
When your game has items that are worth hundreds of dollars of course the filthy chinese are going to flood it to try make money, look at WoW
>>
>>393237085
I never said I'm especially good at the game, I've got like 20 hours into it.

Prior to this I have had a dozen top 10 losses, twice at 2nd, once at 4th, and then scattered between 5-10.

Oddly haven't died in 3rd place yet
>>
>>393237413
>literally an ROI less than the electricity bill

Sign me up boys, this is the next BTC.
>>
>>393230831
sounds like gambling, fucking ban this shit NOW
>>
>>393230505
Stop playing solos
>>
>>393230505
git gud ya fukn fgttt
>>
>>393230505
>complains about weapon rng
nigger land in a populated town, any house you search is guaranteed to have a 'main' weapon - if you fucking die requeue it takes <4 minutes to be back in the plane like holy shit
if you die instantly multiple times in a row then maybe you just suck at shooters
>>
I have no idea.
>ugly as shit
>horrible controls
>horrible sound design where you can't tell where bullets or footsteps are coming from
>shit gun and driving physics
>RNG really is a factor when you land in a zone 1 million miles away from the safety circle
>>
File: 1359406807421.png (12 KB, 500x500)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>393230505
Because it runs off the same principle that made Dota popular.

Because such RNG gives people a rush when they find lucky weapons.

Because it heavily appeals to normies due to being a shooter.

Because it sets up the right mentality to 'feed' an addiction/set up a high.
-You go in as 1 of 100 players, you arent expecting to win
-Ending up in the top 10 gives you a rush of a feeling
-Will barely happen most games, so you chase it.

Same principle applies in Dota given how maybe 1 in 10 games you will carry HARD and you'll feel great doing it.

Valve (and recently other big devs) have been hiring Psychologists for this very reason to further research player-behavior and how to tie it to their business model.
>Skinner box models
>Lootboxes
>Drip-feed content
>Etc etc
>>
>>393231627
>months after release
>early access

pick one faggot
>>
>>393240478
So you're saying we're fucked because of the dumb fucks that like being fucked with.

Sounds like reddit gaming.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (234 KB, 1440x900)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>393230505
>How the fuck is this pile of hot garbage so fucking popular ?
>>
>>393242847
candy crush actually takes some brain power though.
>>
>>393242847
>Heres the pitch boss
>We offer a free puzzle/swap/tetris/breakdown game
>And we make money off the ads?
>No no no get this. Its free - but as they keep going up in levels it gets so hard where it becomes impossible
>but get this! We'll make them able to buy boosts to keep going.
Cue millions of dollars.
>>
>>393230505
oh look, it's another it's popular so it must be shit thread. /v/ is full of contrarian hipsters anymore

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.