[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Ludo Souls.jpg (1.63 MB, 3840x2160)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>Ludo Souls gets remastered
>BB and DkS3 casulfags hate on it because it's not a buttonmash-fest with a fancy presentation
mark my words, this is a mistake.
>>
>>403332896
But Dark Souls is the easiest of the series: as soon as you have heavy armor, a heavy shield and a heavy weapon like the Zwei you're literally invincible.
>>
>>403332896
>BB
>only game that actually discourages buttonmashing by introducing transform attacks and faster R2s
>does not have shields or instabackstabs which trivialise the overwhelming majority of the game with circlestrafing
>buttonmash-fest
Have a (You), PCfriend.
>>
>>403333427
>But Dark Souls is the easiest of the series
No, that's 2 with its invincibility stat.
>>
>bosses die in 10 hits and have only 5 moves each
>equip any medium of great shield and hold L1 to win entire game
>2nd half is an unfinished mess
>entire classes of weapons are useless
>backstabs absurdly overpowered, especially with hornet ring

7.5/10

BB > DeS = DaS3 > DaS >>> DaS2
>>
>>403333671
No, that's absurd to even pretend.
DS1 is so easy. It's also obviously half-baked, and kind of sucks in some really big ways. It's classic, but it's not the best.
>>
>>403333621
PC cuck + Sony nigger hybrid here.
While OP is a faggot and an imbecile, I disagree with you; in my experience Bloodborne is the easiest of the Soulsborne games due to how insanely agile the player character is. It doesn't matter if you don't have a shield, because you can never be hit.
>>
>>403332896
the second this shit went to pc (which is the best version) is the second the fanbase went to absolute shit.
>>
>>403332896
>BB
>not the literal definition of LUDO
anon I love das but its time to stop
>>
>>403334015
Factually wrong, the bloodborne dodge has 11 iframes which is the same as DaS1 fastroll, unlike DaS3 which has 13. There is nothing more nimble about Good Hunter in particular.
And shields are far, far more broken because they even negate the consequences of getting hit.
>>
File: bonewheels.png (182 KB, 500x457)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
Read my lips; u r wee todd ed
>>
>>403333671
it's not adaptability that makes it easiest
you need to put fuckton of points before you get to ds3 iframes
>>
>>403334421
>shields are far, far more broken because they even negate the consequences of getting hit
Agreed

>iframes
I disagree. BB may have less iframes compared to DaS3, but you don't really need them because you can avoid being inside the enemy's hurt zone by dodging to the sides. You dodge so fast you're never in danger except for certain tricky enemies (like the Oprhan's placenta moveset, where being away is far more dangerous to be close)
>>
>>403332896
>buttonmash-fest
You mean all Souls games?
>>
DS3 engine is going to trivialize so many bosses. DS1 was balanced around cardinal direction movement, DS3 was balanced around 1 o'clock rolls. Unless they gimp your movement or change the game some other way, DS1 remastered is going to be by far the easiest in the series.
>>
>>403334873
Don't you take considerably more damage while in dodge recovery in BB though?
I always found the BB dodge appropriate for the enemies' speed but in DS3 you can just rollspam dodge everything, and for some bosses (eg friede) it's even mandatory
>>
>>403333772
Shit taste confirmed.
But if you take all the flaws you listed and look which game has the least, you get DS2 as the best one.
>>
>>403334421
Bloodborne rolling has less recovery frames and consumes less stamina than roling in Dark Souls 1. It's much easier to spam rolls in Bloodborne than in DaS1.
>And shields are far, far more broken because they even negate the consequences of getting hit.
>what is stamina damage
>what is bleedthrough because not every shield resists a certain type of damage 100%
>what are status effects that go through most shields like bleed and poison
>>
No just Demon's deserved it more considering the servers are going down and it's the game with the least exposure
>>
>>403335125
>implying the engine change means they'll break the game's balance with omni-directional rolls when they could easily implement cardinal rolls
RETARD
>>
DS2 is more fun to play these days than DS1, and DS3 is the worst of them all. BB is king. Demon's Souls is fine.
>>
>>403335261
Business decisions are made based on what will make a lot of money.

>>403335342
Why would they make the game deliberately worse? That's putting in extra work to drive away sales on a release that's obviously a cash grab.
>>
Anyone saying demon souls is not the easiest is retarded
>>
>>403334873
The dodge itself is slower than dwgr and hess less iframes. The only difference it has compared to the regular DaS1 fastroll is lower recovery times, the dodge itself is not faster and neither do you get more iframes, meaning that you have to time your attacks in more or same the same vain (except enemies moving faster and being more aggressive in geenral), which does not make it considerably easier.
>>403335241
Stamina damage does not exist in DaS1 unless you are using a fucking small shield for blocking, which only a literal retard would do. Any medium 100% phys block shield makes any fight a total fucking joke.
>>
>>403335261
I agree, I prefer DaS to DeS but I would've liked a DeS remaster way more. It needs it.
>>
File: 34q4908j0000.gif (1.92 MB, 440x317)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>403333671
>Blow 30 levels on a stat to reach DaS1 iframes.
>It's easier
>>
>We are NEVER going to make another Souls or BB game again
>Dark Souls for the Switch announce

Now that from software have been proven to be pathological Liars what are your hopes and dreams Dark Souls 4, bloodborne 2 and demons soul 2?
>>
>>403335201
DaS 2 has bad level design, shitty floaty weapon movesets, and samey bosses. No amount of cool stuff like dual wielding or the actually quite good DLC is gonna make up for such poor core gameplay
>>
>>403335261
Demon's is in publisher hell, which is sad. I was hoping that the servers going down meant a DeS remake but with DaS getting it, things are unlikely.
>>
>>403335661
>Stamina damage does not exist in DaS1 unless you are using a fucking small shield for blocking
This is bait, right? No one could be this retarded.

Go ahead and boot up Dark Souls right now. Use a shield and block an enemy's attack. Any shield, any enemy. Come back when you notice two things:
>your stamina decreases when blocking the attack
>your stamina recovers slower when holding the shield button
>>
>>403335563
>implying the way the game was originally balanced is worse
RETARD
>>
>>403332896
What the fuck is this art supposed to be by the way? Looks like firelink shrine at night.
>>
>>403333671
You're a fucking retarded mongoloid. Even with maxed AGL the number of i-frames you get in DS2 is less than the number of i-frames you get in DS1 with DWGR and poise has been nerfed in 2, so you can't just facetank everything in Havel's, you fucking shitstain.
>>
>>403335241
>stamina damage
Not with anything that has decent stability, I never used a greatshield and had no problems. Silver Knight Shield in particular is extremely easy to get to +5 and has huge stability.
>bleed damage
Hardly an issue. Almost all boss attacks are block able and those that aren't are very easy to dodge. The only boss with significant bleed through that I can think of is Gwyn, who you can just parry to death or use one of the many fire resistant shields.
>status effects
Literally only an issue with Blighttown, and is trivialized by Spider Shield which you can find on the way if you explore. Even without it it's easy to just use terrain to avoid getting hit.

Shields give you options to deal with hits you can't manage to dodge, going without one gives you more damage from 2h weapons and STR bonus. Bloodborne is dodge or die and much harder than DaS1, the only boss with pressure anything like it is Artorias.
>>
I'd have preferred a Demon's Souls remaster but I'm happy anyway because Dark Souls 1 is great.
My favourite game in the series is Bloodborne.
>>
>>403335927
Stamina loss is tiny if you upgrade your shield as you go and don't try and block with some piece of shit light shield. And git fucking gud, you don't hold the damn shield up the entire time. You can lower it between attacks.
>>
>>403332896
faggot soytendo fan mad that he will never play game of the century

lmao
>>
>>403336430
That's exactly what it is
It's just a set made for this trailer though, so don't actually expect it to look like that
>>
>>403335696
I want a mythology souls

Fighting Greek/Egyptian/Norse mythological creatures with weapons/armor of those cultures
>hoplite armor
>roman armor
>whatever paper towel armor egyptians had
>>
>>403336892
>Bloodborne is dodge or die and much harder than DaS1
Except for the fact that parrying is easy and trivializes or at least temporarily stuns most things, and you have 20 quick healing items at all times, and the rally mechanic, and the ability to spam dodge rolls all day because it costs such little stamina, and the runes that let you restore health via visceral attacks, etc.

But yeah, it's totally harder than DaS1.
>>
>>403334015
>Soulsborne
Kill yourself
>>
File: 985.jpg (54 KB, 680x583)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>403337223
>goes from saying "stamina damage doesn't even exist" to "w-well it's tiny, s-stop being such a scrub anyway!
>>
>>403337439
What if it has day and night cycle?
>>
>>403337764
this would be cool
>>
None of the Souls have spectacular gameplay.
I liked the slow methodical defensive play with shields, but circle strafe ruined that.
BB and DS3 are gimped by their souls likeness, if I wanted a truly fast game I'd play Bayonetta.
For Honor does what Souls should have done long ago, make offense and defense feel heavy and impactful without sacrificing too much mobility.
>>
>>403338315
That would fucking torture me. I would want to buy it only because of this but at the same time wouldn't want to drop 60 bucks on a game I already own
>>
>>403337471
>DaS2 was supposed to have a desert area.
>They scrapped it because it was too Egyptian and didn't fit the european themes Dark Souls has.
>All that's left is the Desert Sorceress, who is completely out of place in Earthen Peak.
>>
>>403338634
to be fair though itd be nice to not have to apply fan patches for 60 fps and a stable co op
>>
>>403338661
I guess the Cambodian temples in the Demon Ruins fit Europe just fine.
>>
Game mechanics were the best in DS1.

Poise was the best in 1 and has been a mess since.

Havel's armor making you invincible is a problem with Havel's, not with the game's design.

hows that for a hot take, idiot
>>
>>403337474
>parrying is easy
Harder than any dodge or parry in DaS1, with no partial parry
>20 quick healing items
Just like DaS after rite, you have 10 before, plus humanity and miracles if you put a few points in FTH
>rally mechanic
This does help. I'd consider it to be BBs counterpart to blocking: a way of keeping health from an attack you didn't dodge, that costs stamina. It'll kill you if you fuck it up though.
>spam dodge rolls
True, but you need to dodge more often. The game is faster so you dodge more often.
>restore health from visceral
You need to pull off the visceral, which is high risk, and use a rune (ring) slot for it.

Name me a single DaS boss harder than Orphan, Maria, Ludwig, Gherman, Shadows, Mergo's Wet Nurse or even Gascoigne.
>>
>>403338939
>Game mechanics were the best in DS1.
No.
>Poise was the best in 1 and has been a mess since.
No.
>Havel's armor making you invincible is a problem with Havel's, not with the game's design.
It's both.
>hows that for a hot take, idiot
God damn it anon.
>>
>>403333621
BB is still easier, hell if you didnt have to fight the camera for every boss battle the game would be really easy
>>
>>403337678
We're different posters. I managed to understand his hyperbole, unlike you, you fucking brainlet.
>>
>>403337474
You're forgetting how slow and easily dodged/blocked every DS1 boss except Manus and Gwyn without parries is. Bloodborne's increased player mobility is more than compensated by faster and more aggressive enemies and bosses
>>
File: file.png (171 KB, 600x441)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>403339168
>>
god i can't wait for low level invasions
>>
>>403332896
I'm just disappointed that it's not a Demon's Souls remaster. Game's stuck on PS3, and about to die entirely.
>>
>>403339068
>Harder than any dodge or parry in DaS1, with no partial parry
No it isn't, and the fact that bosses still get staggered by failed parries makes it even more laughable.
>Just like DaS after rite, you have 10 before, plus humanity and miracles if you put a few points in FTH
In DaS you have to go out of your way to get more estus. And not only is the estus slower than blood vials, but humanity and miracles are even slower. In BB you have 20 blood vials from beginning to end, kek.
>True, but you need to dodge more often. The game is faster so you dodge more often.
Good thing the game is so forgiving with dodges and healing then.
>You need to pull off the visceral, which is high risk, and use a rune (ring) slot for it.
Fair enough.
>Name me a single DaS boss harder than Orphan, Maria, Ludwig, Gherman, Shadows, Mergo's Wet Nurse or even Gascoigne.
Orphan and Ludwig are the only two remotely challenging ones you mentioned. Manus, Artorias, Kalameet, O&S, Gargoyles, and even Nito are harder than most bosses in BB. But directly comparing boss difficulty is more subjective anyway.
>>
File: HMPH.webm (3 MB, 768x432)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>Heh, BB is the easiest because you move fast

You actually don't. Bloodborne rolls have less distance and iframes than DaS3 rolls. Bloodborne dashes have less iframes than DaS1 rolls.

Pic related is a harder boss than everything in DaS1/2 or 3, your increase in speed means jack fucking shit because he has attacks with literally no startup frames, you have to rely on your knowledge of his AI and what he potentially may seek to do next to counter him properly, you cannot react to this boss, you have to preempt him.
>>
>>403339170

Imo Bloodborne DLC is way harder than anything else. DS2 DLC is probably second hardest.
I don't remember having issues with anything else.
>>
File: 1441340393204.png (303 KB, 588x720)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>403339779
>BB is the easiest because you move fast
Literally no one ever said this.
>>
>>403339884
Literally multiple people in this very thread said this
>>
>>403339779
>>403339967
BB is the easiest because you get a ranged parry that shits on everything, and if you just go ham bosses suffer a massive stroke and take triple damage long enough for your to chunk over half their health.
>>
>dark souls is gonna get a fresh coat of paint
>none of the cut content like oscar or shiva’s storyline brought to light
>bed of chaos and izalith still shitty

Yaaay....
>>
>>403339779
>that ending chain roll catch he does, programmed by fromsoft to kill circle mashers
I fucking love this guy so much, he exposes the hidden casuals, the ones who were led under false pretense that they were any good at these games and fucking demolishes them, any player that can beat him without parries is a good player, an actual good one who understands ai, input queuing and hitboxes
>>
>>403339068
dude, these are valid points, but no need for a special olympic faggotry about muh boss has bigger ballz. Its a biased and duckling syndrome shit.
My experience with O&S was filthy casul estus sipping in Giants+5 like nothing happens while Smough was Butt Stomping me. Doesn't mean it was that walk in the park for every soulsfag.
>>
>>403340119

And in a single second, you eat shit. There's a trade off in Bloodborne. You can win big and lose to absolutely bullshit.
>>
>>403332896
>>BB and DkS3 casulfags hate on it because it's not a buttonmash-fest with a fancy presentation
Oh it will be, it's not a remaster if it's 60 fps, they're changing the engine somehow.
>>
>>403339753
>Artorias
>Kalameet
>Gargoyles
>fucking NITO

>harder than any BB boss that isn't hemwick or ayymissary

Take off the nostalgia goggles. Those bosses all die in 10-15 hits
>>
>>403340441
The parry window in BB is enormous. If you can't consistently land it, please don't play any real action games like Bayonetta, DMC3/4, or Ninja Gaiden. Fuck, even the Onimusha series had tighter timings.
>>
>>403339779
Too bad I'm not autistic enough to do chalice dungeons
>>
>>403340119
the shooting of the gun leaves you in place, and the entire game has alot of cooldowns similar to das1, i.e. after rolling there's a breif pause etc, DaS3 removed all these cooldowns and is honestly faster than BB in alot of general circumstances

The parry window is incredibly small in bloodborne on alot of things because of the ranged aspect. Parries are literally harder to achieve in Bloodborne on anything not a dopey starter enemy than in DaS, you don't have these luxurious big parry windows and a shield crutch to defend if you mistimed

That said the game has a focus on parrying, it asks that you get good at it, but a large portion of enemies can't be parried anyway, the gun is more of a damage ticker or to apply damage to just the head etc
>>
File: 1514736997854.jpg (199 KB, 850x1202)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
BB is hardest in series. Especially without parry/backstab.
>>
>>403339779
>Bloodborne dashes have less iframes than DaS1 rolls.
Let's see:
>DaS1 fast roll - 11 iframes.
>DaS3 fast roll - 13 iframes.
>BB dash/roll - 11 iframes.
Yeah what a massive difference.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Oh boy, I can wait for REMASTERED BLINDING MOLTEN SHIT LAKE WITH LEAPING DRAGON ASSES -=- IN 1080p-=-
>>
>>403340761
get your testosterone levels checked
>>
>>403340989
What anime is this?
>>
I made my girlfriend play each game in the series.

>DaS
She sucked for a while and eventually beat the game, just heavy tanking estus healing through everything
>DaS2
Didn't have much of a problem with it, only in the beginning
>DaS3
Literally had no issues until she stopped playing around aldritch area out of boredom

>DeS
Ragequit at Stonefang tunnel > Flamelurker, never finished

>BB
Never even beat Gascoigne, couldn't do it after like 20 attempts, ragequit

Anecdotal sure, but I observed this very keenly. DaS1 - 3 she was able to play to a degree by adapting or slowly learning over time. They were much more forgiving she said.

DeS and BB filtered her out completely, and she played those AFTER the others
>>
>>403341074
It has the same 11 frames, but the frames themselves only come into effect at a very specific portion of the dash, whereas DaS the frames are imediate and if I recall kind of spaced out over the roll, Bloodborne's are this small chunk

The dashes are more useful for the spacing than they are for the iframes
>>
>>403340352
>don't talk about bosses that gate progression in a discussion about difficulty
Lol
>>
>>403341372
No one cares about your blog faggot
>>
>>403340665
Ray and Inferno killed BB bosses with less hits.
what's your point?
>>
>>403341082
SHUT UP!!! VERY ATMOSPHERIC. DON'T YOU ENJOY RUNNING THROUGH THIS SHIT EVERYTIME THE BED OF CHAOS SWEEPS YOU? GAME DESIGN AT ITS FINEST! I'm a Souls fan but fucking defend this. Running through this shit and tomb of the giants everytime you die because of some bullshit attack just isn't fun. It isn't.
>>
>>403341797
>Ray and Inferno

I don't know what you're talking about
>>
File: Outcheesed.webm (2.13 MB, 800x450)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB WEBM
post more bb webms
>>
DS1 poise is best.
It can be fixed by adding individual poise values for every weapon. Like max poise Katana can only poise through one attack of mid poise 2HGS and have no chance to break it.
>>
>>403341593
are you mentally challenged, anon?
>>
>>403342016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhXo0svrUOI
>>
Official difficulty ranking:
DS>BB>DS3>DS2
>>
>>403340926
The gun's parry window is 6 frames. That's 1/5th of a second.
DMC3's Royal Guard is 5 frames, but that game runs at 60 FPS, so it's actually 1/12th of a second.
DMC4's is a stricter 4 frames.
Bayonetta's counter is 5 frames, but to do a perfect counter you need to hit them on the exact frame she takes damage.

BB's parry is kid's tier compared to real action game parry mechanics, and I could consistently get them off on almost every boss and every enemy that they could be used on.

>you don't have these luxurious big parry windows and a shield crutch to defend if you mistimed
The parry window in DaS1 is 6 frames. Same amount of time with upwards for 15 frames of ending lag. Roughly the same as BB, with the biggest different being that you actually have to stand on top of them to pull it off, rather than shoot them from safe range.

>but a large portion of enemies can't be parried anyway
I only remember the church giants being unparriable, but every single boss was parriable, which made a lot of fights a joke.

The only part that makes BB's parry a little more technical than other games is that the bullet has travel time, so if you shoot from too far you need to shoot before they even start swinging.
>>
I like parrying Vials. It's pure ecstasy.
>>
>>403341923
Same bro
>>
>>403342620
Anon, why are you so deluded? I'm a DMC fan but I think that Bloodborne is more punishing and requires much more attention and wariness than DMC and Bayo do.
>>
Pc friends and sony bros, what was your first "moment" in DS?
I remember booting up DS2 first, it just came out, didn't feel like playing 1 first
Quit it after 10 minutes because it was hard and shit
a year later, I reluctantly boot DS1
for some reason, I didn't mind spending 10 hours under the link in ghost town with a broken sword, and finally completing the area at like lvl 1 was fucking amazing
DS truly was a masterpiece
>>
>>403342620
>I could consistently get them off on almost every boss and every enemy that they could be used on
Name bosses without wiki, little Todd Howard
>>
>>403337471
I feel like thats what DS2 was supposed to be. I have no evidence but its just kind of a gut feeling - theres viking and norse shit all over that game.
>>
>>403342525
>99 in 3 stats
>top tier gems from farming chalice dungeon
>cannon that uses 12 bullets per shot
>bone marrow ash
>counter damage
>beast blood pellet (glass cannon status effect)

meanwhile in DaS just upgrade any half decent weapon to +10 or +15 and kill artorias in 10 hits
>>
>>403343072
Every boss? I don't remember a single boss I could riposte, maybe Witch of Hemwich or One Reborn, but I don't know if I even bothered with trying it with them. You can parry fucking everything in BB.
>>
>>403332896
>get to have BB and Ds1 on the same platform

nice.
>>
>The password matchmaking system from Dark Souls III is being implemented in the Dark Souls remaster.
>This time around up to six players can be in the same online instance at once, either in PvE or PvP, up from 4 players.
I have bad feeling about this
>>
>>403342984
Came after DS3 and BB, missed DS1 on release, but had small experience with DeS.
Had no expectations and avoided every shit possible after redditors and From itself spoil every moment in DS3.
Was amazed how different game is in almost any aspect: atmosphere, music, fighting, level design (inb4 post Lordvessel phase), covenants, subtle shit like dragon tails or curses.
Doesn't think about it as a best game ever or best Souls game, but there is something what other Froms game lack of, something what makes it fun and especially cozy. Kind what you feel playing old Diablo games, but without nostalgia shit.
>>
>>403344481
I'd definitely say its the best
The thing other games lack is fear
DS1 was a horror game as much as RPG
and yet, it felt so light and warm
They blended that shit so well
>>
>>403343578
You could constantly parry every boss that can be parried, but not able to name even one?
Asking coz the one I was able to parry, but found that not worth the hustle was fucking Logarius.
>>
>>403345409
What? I said the only bosses I don't remember parrying were One Reborn and Witch of Hemwick. That's 2 bosses.
>Logarius
He's easy to parry 1st phase, second phase was trickier because I could never tell wtf he was going to do. He was harder for me than Orphan.

Ebrietas gave me a little trouble too the first few times I fought her, but that was more because I couldn't pin how fucking far away she was from me.
>>
>>403340715

Yes it is. But you can't just gun2win every enemy or are you going to show me those amazing and totally possible parries to Ludwig?

With most enemies you can be aggressive and pull through. But in the same turn if something happens to go wrong you eat shit.

I don't get how it's impossible for you to understand, maybe you need to kill yourself because you're just so fucking stupid.
>>
>>403335671
>30
You mean 20
>>
>>403332896

>people trying to bring down Dark Souls 1 because Nintendo is finally getting a port to their system.

No, sweeties.

It's BB = Demon Souls > Dark Souls >Dark Souls III >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dark Souls 2

They're all great games either way, but lets not pretend that DS1 isn't the best of its trilogy.

Too bad there is still no Demon Souls port
>>
>>403344748
Still don't figure out what is it.
Just became hating Dark Souls 3 for all it's remixed, reused and nostalgia inducing shit.
Think DS3 is worse for a Souls series than Diablo 3 for its
>>
>>403344073
would these changes consider it a remake, not a remaster?

Its going beyond just upgraded graphics.
>>
>>403346452
why do you pretend BB is not shit?
BB is to soulsborne was RE6 is to RE
le epic fast paced anime in video game format
>>
>>403346575

Because it's not shit
>>
>>403346575
I don't even know what to say
>>
>>403346575
>pretend
>le epic
>anime in video game format
At least you bumping dead thread
>>
I was a functioning PS3 so I can finish DeS.

DeS is best souls, so good DaS stole almost half it's content, LOL!
>>
>sony negroes desperately defending their only game AGAIN
>>>/vg/
>>
File: 1511920720752.png (174 KB, 387x350)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>403332896
>Ludo
THERE IT IS
ITS THAT WORD AGAIN
WTF DOES IT MEAN
>>
Just beat Champ in DS3. Probably one of my favorite fights in the series so far.
>>
>>403332896
t. DS2 faggots
>>
>>403334015
>because you can never be hit.
PC cuck
>>
Didn't they confirm that this isn't using the DaS3 engine? I thought that was just a rumor.

>>403347036
It's a great fight until you realize he can be parried.
>>
>>403346452
are you okay with DSIII being the Force Awakening in the franchise?
>>
>>403339858
its designed poorly is what it is, bloodborne is a fucking mess that constantly teetering between two extremes: oo fucking easy and bad game design
>>
>>403347198
>DSIII being the Force Awakening in the franchise?
How about no?
>>
File: Ludwig_Parry_for_Anon.webm (2.4 MB, 1280x720)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB WEBM
>>403346136
>But you can't just gun2win every enemy or are you going to show me those amazing and totally possible parries to Ludwig?
Because you asked so nicely anon.
>>
>>403341372
>Literally had no issues until she stopped playing around aldritch area out of boredom
I'm sure you have no girlfriend
>>
>>403335563
>Business decisions are made based on what will make a lot of money.
uh i think demon souls remaster would make them a lot of fucking money anon, are you dumb?
>>
>>403347356
>I win = EZ game
>I lose = bad design
keep bumping
>>
Upgraded balder shield and a maxed pyro flame with bellowing dragon crest is enough to carry even a baby all the way through 1, which is what makes sl1 twinks so fun and common but it's hard to pretend it's a hugely difficult experience.

1 is much more about game knowledge and build planning than 2 and 3 are. In 3 no matter how shit you are you can summon 3 phantoms each with a black knight shield and straight sword and just r1 every boss into submission. Whereas parts of 1 are hard if you don't know the area or enemies even with babysitting summons
>>
>>403347168
I'm shit at parrying so it works out.
>>
>>403347168
>Didn't they confirm that this isn't using the DaS3 engine? I thought that was just a rumor.
No new engine. They said it's remaster not remake.
>>
>>403338661
>european themes Dark Souls has.

What european themes?
>>
I liked Dark Souls 2. I liked all the cool shit it did, I loved the way it implemented poise, I like the little details where if you're low on health your character slouches, or if you exhaust your stamina your character is breathing heavily. I think Dark Souls 2 is an excellent game.
>>
>>403347651
Most people are, which is why they use the light/parrying shields.
>>
hyped
>>
>>403347898
I don't know, I'm just saying what they said. Don't ask me to justify stupidity that isn't my own.
>>
>>403347535
do you understand that this is not a parry, but evelyn spam?
>>
The only reason I'm buying it is to co-op bosses again with no wait time. It's gonna be so much fun again. I need to start devising some meme builds to do it with.
>>
>>403348086
I guess I don't. They both result in the same thing, so I assumed they're the same.
>>
>>403347535
(You)
>>
>>403332896
watch new players go through the games you fag, every time you'll find that Ds1 has around 110 deaths, ds2 has around 200 deaths, ds3 has around 300 deaths (including DLC) even after people have beaten the earlier games they still suck at the newer ones, Source (DSP) also I believe you can find the boss stats online.
>>
>>403348168
Holy fuck this explains everything

You're a fucking retard

sustained damage on X portion of a boss will result in a critical chance, but this isn't the same as parrying gascoigne or another boss with actually parriable attacks you fucking retard
>>
File: 1446534641162.png (133 KB, 808x637)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>403332896
I love Bloodborne and I'm still happy for the remaster. Why choose a side? They're both good games in their own way.
>>
>>403348548
Because everyone who shits on BB in this thread doesn't have a PS4
>>
>>403349027
I think BB is a pretty great game but the PvP was disappointing and I didn't really like the gun mechanic over parrying and magic.

I have two PS4s.
>>
>>403349027
chalice dungeons suck dick and enemy variety outside them is disappointing
blood vials suck dick
covenants basically dont exist
no ng+ content at all
can't change glasses post character creation

still a 9/10 game
>>
>>403339884
>smug anime pic
>says something completely evidently wrong proven by the thread itself

And water is wet folks.
>>
>>403348319
Regardless of his stupidity, he's still right. Every boss in BB can be visceraled. Every single one.
>>
>>403335201
>But if you take all the flaws you listed and look which game has the least, you get DS2 as the best one.

Pretty much yeah. I have no idea why anybody denies that its mechanics are the best.
>>
>>403349695
Really never liked that mechanic and I hate that it got ported over to DaS3.

It makes co-op even more trivial than it already was, even up to the later NG+.
>>
Who wants to buy me BB DLC?
I'm a poor slav fuck
>>
>>403346575
ds3 is faster than Bloodborne, you complete retard.
>>
>>403351001
What country? Nobody's gonna do it. It's expensive as fuck. You are missing out tho, it's better than the main game
>>
>>403351387
>20 dollars is expensive as fuck to burgers
Montenegro
US account
>>
>>403351454
What fucking burgers? I'm from Russia
>>
>>403333621
>BB
>discourages buttonmashing
>by having a feature where if you buttonmash while taking damage you heal
>>
So, let's say it'll be on DaS3's engine. Is there a way to import models and textures from DaS' engine to DaS3's, then work on improvements from there?
>>
>>403335061
If you tried button mashing through DS 1 or 2 you are probably an actual retard.
>>
>>403333427
The easiest game in the series is Bloodborne, on a factual level.
>>
>>403352302
Its just going to be a raw port of assets, anon.
>>
>ludo
Fuck off with this shitty /tv/ wannabe meme.
>>
>>403354450
Demon's Souls is easier though. Bloodborne has got some really hard bosses like Ludwig and Laurence
>>
>>403333621
What the fuck? If anything, Bloodborne encourages button mashing. It has the rally system, r1 spam is a viable tactic from start to finish because most of the enemies in the game get staggered with any weapon, and being overtly aggressive towards bosses tends to make them a lot easier to kill because of the limb breaking system which stuns all beast bosses repeatedly because they have multiple limbs and they can heal their broken limbs.

>>403354654
Enemies in DeS hit harder than most enemies in BB and DeS is a lot slower. Not only that but BB has too many point of forgiveness in comparison to any other game in the series. Bloodborne is, without a doubt, the easiest and most forgiving game in the series.
>it has some hard bosses
This isn't exclusive to Bloodborne. Every game has some tricky bosses.
>>
>>403355127
>has too many point of forgiveness
Hm, I agree. But that doesn't mean that it's the easiest. DS2 is the most unforgiving out of them all but it's certainly not the hardest. By the way, the only hard DeS bosses are Flamelurker, King Allant and Maneaters. So yeah, DeS has the easiest boss fights in the series overall at least.
>>
>>403355497
>But that doesn't mean that it's the easiest.
But it is.

>Rally
Rally is broken. The other games have something like it with kill-to-heal rings but aren't nearly as bad. In Bloodborne it's a built in feature that encourages r1 spam and button mashing because of how forgiving it is. It's all about just spamming r1 to get all the Hunter's health back. What makes rally even more broken is that it can get upgraded so that each hit recovers more health or so the rally window lasts longer than normal.

>Guns
Every game has some kind of ranged weapon but don't have them like Bloodborne does. The feature i'm talking about in particular is parrying. Parrying in Bloodborne isn't done with weapons or shields, it's done with guns. Long distance parries actually make the game a lot easier than it normally would be if the game functioned like the other games in the series. getting the ability to shoot-spam enemies that just flail around like dumb asses to throw them into a visceral state is so dumb, and almost every single humanoid boss has this weakness. Shooting them to throw them into a stunned state will always work unless it's Logarius who gets his anti bloodtinge field in phase 2 (but he can get locked out of that ).

>Poise
Only a handful of enemies in Bloodborne have poise, so r1 spamming with most weapons in the game, regardless of their scaling stat, is a viable tactic. Even if the enemy has poise, strength weapons can just smash through it anyway and stunlock them.

>Limbs
This is probably the thing that is the most damning about Bloodborne being seen as "difficult". Certain bosses having limbs is fucking retarded and makes the game too easy. It's possible to stunlock a boss by just breaking their limbs in succession.

Bloodborne is the easiest game in the series, there isn't really anything to argue against it. It has extremely casual features that no other game in the series has and it's also the shortest.
>>
>>403357137
BB is definitely the easiest once you get a hang of the mechanics. It just gives you too many ways to fuck over an enemy and none of them are particularly difficult to execute.
>>
>>403349027
>if they don't like this game they don't have the console its exclusive to
these posts should be bannable
>>
>>403357137
>Bloodborne is the easiest game in the series
DeS is easiest game in series. Bloodborne is hardest
>>
>>403358747
Lol. also not an argument.
>>
>>403342984
A friend got DaS when it was new and was telling me how it was even better than skyrim (lol). Decided to give it a shot and bought DeS since it was cheaper aswell as the first in the series.
Thought the game was allright, disappointed it wasn't an "epic sandbox" like skyrim and oblivion. Got to the tower knight and didn't stand a chance.
Died tens upon tens of times and would sometimes even die on my way from the archestone to those shitty wolves. eventually I gave up, only to decide I'd give it another chance a few weeks later. Same thing, just kept dying.
Then a couple of weeks later I decided to try again, and this time I actually beat him. Was the best feeling I've ever felt from a video game, and it instantly became my favorite game of all time.
Didn't actually have much trouble with the rest of the game, and many bosses I beat first try. Tower Knight was what I needed to "get it" and it's still the boss I'm most nostalgic about
>>
>>403335696

DaS4 should be Cambodian/Indian/Himalayan/Escher. Think starting in a grasslands, progressing through jungle/pyramids, progressing to large stupa-style castles, finally into giant ancient wooden castles that become enmeshed with the mountains/sky for the impossible physics of the Escher part.

BB2 should take place in the colonial USA, with lots of ocean coastline. There should be some kind of rift opened between ancient Pthumeru and some giant colonial church. There should be a section that's underground that somehow goes under the ocean to the arctic (underwater cathedral), where there's something akin to the Mountains of Madness stone city.
>>
>>403340989
have you actually played DeS?
>>
>>403362195
I don't give a shit where it's set, I just want a game set during the Age of Dark. Make it about how humanity has evolved and changed in their "true shape", but a few hollows have lingered on and they're struggling to carve out an existence now that the flame that sustains them is gone. The running theme can be that you, the player, are a thing of the past and the world is moving on without you, and your quest to survive is ruining what humanity has waited so long to gain.
>>
>>403335061
you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>403338661
I fucking knew it! It mentions a desert area in their armor description iirc. That would have been awesome.
>>
>>403364235
IIRC it wasn't just the Desert Sorceresses, a lot of the Undead Crypt stuff is from the scrapped "Egypt" area.
>>
File: 1513077942661.png (113 KB, 238x217)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>403349695
>Every single one

>Rom
>One Reborn
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
>Watchdog
>Celestial Emissary

inb4
>hurr so only the important ones
feck off
>>
File: darksoulsopenworld.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>403364491
I can't seem to find anything about the cut desert area though. Do you know of anything that officially talks about it? I mean besides the armor description for the desert sorceress set and the description for those acid urns. I mean like a wiki or something that mentions it being scrapped content. I've always wanted a large almost open world area in a dark souls game and maybe that desert area could have been that...

vid related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O8zisdDWJE
>>
>>403365597
I did find this and did a quick read of it but I don't think it mentioned any sort of cut content.

http://soulslore.wikidot.com/data:jugo
>>
>>403365597
>>403365950
It's from the DaS2 Design Works book:

>Satake: As we’ve said before we wanted to introduce a variety to the locations that we didn’t see in the original dark souls, so we designed an arid desert setting. But, if it simply looked like the Egyptian desert then it would have been uninteresting, so we had to fit it in with the rest of our fantasy aesthetic.
>>
File: 1472417820727.gif (1.84 MB, 400x225)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
>>403365597
Can From finally just do AT LEAST ONE full on desert area?
I don't even care if it's open world or whatever the fuck, they keep teasing but not delivering

>Desert sorceress
>Loran chalices
>Carthus origins lore
>here's this absolute final kinda sandy area which is a time travel and only has a single boss in it :^)
>>
>>403366437
this...ugh...it's so depressing. Imagine all the cool enemies you would encounter. It's hard to be think of something original because I keep thinking about sandworms and enemies like those carthus ninja skellies with the smoke roll effect but if I do think of something i'll post it.
>>
>>403362195

DaS4 might be amazing as a semi open-world title, like where there's 5-6 main locations each with 3 bosses in them, but you're not going to be able to get to the 2nd boss until you've gotten good, and the 3rd boss requires being better leveled. Kind of like Bloodborne but you can go anywhere from the beginning, you're just gonna get murdered pretty bad.

Bloodborne is structured almost perfectly in terms of world design, you have one clockwork-type level that you play over and over until you know what the fuck is going on, and then it opens further up until you have more areas that you simultaneously progress through. I would only add that the parallel nature of the story should be further enhanced in a sequel.
>>
jajaja Almas Oscuras
>>
>>403332896
>there are people who hate backstab fishing meta and don't think it was the dankest fucking shit
Seriously /v/ git gud
>b-b-but I can't just mash r1 with my 3 butt buddies
SERIOUSLY GIT GUD
>>
File: 009890.jpg (32 KB, 400x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>403332896
>BB and DkS3 casulfags hate on it because it's not a buttonmash-fest with a fancy presentation
Literally who? Stop making shit up, faggot.
>>
>>403367210
there are dks3 fanboys who complain about dark souls 1 poise and how it's so unbalanced and shit but they can go fuck themselves with their shitty hyper armor mechanic.
>>
>>403367452
Dude, every time I replay DaS1 I exploit the SHIT of poise
You need to be delusional to believe that it's even comparable to the hyper armor. Tons of bosses become a joke with enough poise, hyper armor can't do that

And if you're only referring to PvP then when have you played it last time?
You just pick a poise goal for the weapons you're having trouble with, if you even are, and only get that much. Poise can't save you from backstabs anyway
>>
>>403332896
It has terrible gameplay and gameplay design.
>Shields are OP.
>Magic is OP.
>BS is OP.
>R1 infinites up the ass; just mash R1.
>Poise takes DeS's fundamentals of spacing, timing, and punishing and turns it into spreadsheet shit until you unlock the game's "just mash R1" potential. Also breaks BSes even more, and makes tons of weapons shit.
>Kick is useless.
>Hit-stun tied to upgrade level, discouraging experimentation.
>Hit-stun tied to upgrade tree... for "reasons" (?)
>Swing recovery varies by weight, leading to retarded situations where a Claymore can do infinites in one-handed and two-handed grip while Artorias swords can't even 2-hit in any stance. Combined with hit-stun increasing with upgrade level, and you have zero fucking idea how a weapon works until you upgrade it all the way.
>Scythes and Polearms having janky-ass whiff animations where your character spazzes out that look and feel retarded.
>Worst-in-series movesets, where "good weapons" have a couple good moves in one stance. Literally every weapon downgraded from Demon's Souls except Large Sword-type.
>Enemies are completely helpless and bosses suck nuts and are simplistic compared to later games.
>A bunch of shit levels.
>Awful narrative made ten times worse by consequent games.

I get why people want it back (nostalgia), and you can't take anything away from DaS1's world design when you have no hub world and lack teleportation in the first half, but otherwise it's worst then even Demon's.
>>
>>403368714
>(nostalgia)
The game came out in 2012 you dumb faggot, that's not nostalgia.
>>
>>403369087
It came out in 2011 you retarded fuck.
>>
>>403368545
I was just speaking in general I guess. I haven't played dark souls (1 or 2) for a couple weeks now b/c my controllers broke and I'M broke right now so I haven't bought a new one. Anyways I hardly ever do pvp in Dark Souls 1. The last time I did was with a strength int build (dark paladin build, artorias helm, black knight armor gauntlets and leggings, black knight shield, +5 occult demon's greataxe, dark orb and dark bead) and I did okay actually. If I distanced myself from people well and delayed my swings a bit I would catch people in combos with the DGA.
>>
File: Def_res_poise.png (2 KB, 28x28)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>403332896

>DS1
>Not a buttonmash-fest

HAHAHHAHA. Wauv. Okay Anon.
>>
>>403332896
Dark Souls 1 purists are legitimately retarded.

The PC port was a fucking mistake.
>>
>want to do a dexfag randomized run.
>by the time I get to the first bonfire in undead burg I get the Gravelord Sword and lots of high tier magic from the merchant
FUG. did get Gwyndolin's Soul from the corpse in the aqueduct though
>>
>>403340715
>Bayonetta witch time had tighter windows than BB
Consider suicide by nigger dick.
>>
File: 1513743430899.gif (2.92 MB, 291x300)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB GIF
>>403368714

The only things I really see myself agreeing with here is shields and Poise being broken.
>>
DaS1 is the easiest and the best
>>
>>403365196
One Reborn and Watchdog can get thrown into a visceral state. I can't comment ont he others, but those two can.
>>
>>403371086
Get triggered.
>>
>>403371528
DaS2 probably has the worst gameplay design in the entire series.
Everything comes down to the fucking stats spreadsheet, and the difficulty curve is total ass.
Any criticism you could make of the other 4 games are doubly awfully in DaS2. Name one thing it does better.

New Game+ changes don't count, for while it's good in concept, that's also poorly executed.
>>
>>403371863
I'm imaging begging Tyrone to pull your teeth out with a clawhammer so that he can throat you to death.
>>
Reminder, if a criticism you have of any game, requires the game to be cheesed, you are a retard.
>>
File: nigga-you-gay.jpg (48 KB, 720x540)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>403372074
Yeah I bet you do faggot.
>>
>>403353932
Shit, good luck actually doing that in Bloodborne or DS3 when enemies can just tank you hits and poise through you attacks to smash your dick if you get overexcited.
>>
>>403334605
Repost in skyrim thread plz
>>
>>403372635

Yeah, so instead of mashing shit to death with high stagger weapons it turned into 2 attacks dodge the game(s). I love these games, but please senpai.
>>
>>403368714
im sry ur retarded
>>
>>403332896
The only reason this is getting made is for flowing Baldur capes.
>>
The original intent of the Souls franchise was not meant to be the most difficult games. They are just supposed to provide a moderate challenge, by providing an unfortunate world for the player. These are games of tension. Anyone who gets hung up on difficulty comparisons is a brainlet.
>>
>>403373448
>The original intent of the Souls franchise was not meant to be the most difficult game
>Tagline is "Prepare to die."
>>
>>403333427
Demon's Souls is easiest especially as Royalty.
>>
>>403334421
>And shields are far, far more broken because they even negate the consequences of getting hit.
shields eat through too much stamina, dodging is easy mode
>>
>>403374703
Congratulations, you fell for marketing. Idiot.
>>
>>403372815
>>403371403
Most of this shit is literally me writing down the mechanics of the game. As for the opinions, you're a retard that thinks BSes are balanced, kick is worth a fuck, ranged doesn't shit on most enemies, or the movesets aren't god awful... then you're beyond help.
>>
>>403339068
>harder boss than maria, ludwig, shadows, wet nurse or gascoigne
literally all easy bosses, artorias and manus were harder than them for me
orphan is the only hard boss in the dlc and gherman is harder
>>
>>403340989
Abby!
>>
I'm really conflicted on how I feel about DaS2.
Mechanically it's one of the better ones in the series. Every form of magic has a place and isn't to imbalanced. Powerstance was amazing, and all the weapon's movesets felt really solid and fairly well balanced for doing PvE or PvP.

On the flip side it had the worst world to explore, some of the most lackluster character quests, highly questionable enemy/npc/bonfire placements, and a slew of underwhelming to totally forgettable bosses and covenants.

I really feel if the enemy and world design had been on par with the other two it would of easily been the best in the lot.
>>
>>403377212
You captured my feelings on the subject pretty well. Dark Souls 2 would have been a great game if it weren't a Dark Souls game. So many terrible decisions but so much promise.
>>
>>403377212
I also feel this way and I have around 1500 hours and all the achievements in sotfs. Also around 1300 hours in vanilla dks2 and only 3 achievements left if I want to get 100% achievements there. the lackluster npc's and npc questlines really disappoints me.
>>
>>403347467
>literally-who ending up being the big bad
>story ends up going absolutely nowhere anyway
He is Snoke. Dark Souls 3 is the FA/TLJ of the series.
>>
I understand why people think these games are hard, but I'm a relaxed dude, and these games are actually quite meditative. Even fighting tough bosses is pretty chill.
>>
>>403381883
>False King Allant
>Manus
>Darklurker
>Fume Knight
>Sir Alonne
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>Demon In Pain & Demon From Below/Demon Prince
>Slave Knight Gael

some of the toughest bosses in all the Souls games and I doubt anyone has ever described them as chill, lol.
>>
>>403383283
well anyone besides you >>403381883 of course.
>>
>>403333427
Dark Souls has been nerfed into oblivion. On launch it was easily the hardest of the series.
>>
>>403349978
Laurence is still a good co-op boss that kills people 5/10 times.
>>
>>403354604
Nobody wants to be /tv/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.