[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1704586253810988.png (1.14 MB, 1200x630)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>super serious story involving sexual assault, murder and the exploitation of school students
>let's shove a cartoon cat into it
Why do japanese games do this shit? These mascot characters are annoying, don't fit the tone of the game, and lead to cringe humor scenes. Nobody would miss them if they were removed. So why keep forcing this crap in?
>>
>>689609823
>super serious story
Anon, this is an RPG. It is not meant to be taken seriously. Videogames are lowbrow entertainment.
>>
>>689609823
I want to fuck that cat.
>>
>>689609823
That's your issue with p5? It seems pretty common for japs to throw together light hearted aspects with more serious themes although persona 5 only gets more light hearted as the same proceeds.
My issue with it is the gameplay is way too easy and it outright sucks. Atlus should have kept press turn for personas. 5 basically plays itself
>>
>>689609823
>super serious story
where?
>>
You can eat a competitive eating sized burger in this game too
>>
>>689609823
>tone of the game
game is presented in bright colorful tones and cartoon art style
>>
>>689609823
>game about "fuck the rules" being the big drive for the character
>You can't stay up late
>>
>>689609823
>oy vey the le serious themes, i must package them in an emo arthouse project which only appeals to pretentious faggots whose greatest struggle is figuring out which disease to malinger as on twitter dot com
>>
>>689609823
Because games need sex appeal too
>>
File: based heropon.webm (1.85 MB, 250x240)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB WEBM
JRPG funny mascot critters are peak.
>>
it's called synthesis
>>
File: faggot.gif (2.54 MB, 390x373)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB GIF
>>689609823
Strange monster/mascot character designs in serious stories are based as fuck and I'm so tired of joyless faggots like you not appreciating how fun they are.
If anything, P5 should have gone further and kept Morgana looking like that the entire time instead of turning back into a regular cat.
>>
>>689609823
3 had a talking Toaster
>>
Your making the story of P5 sound way grittier than it is. I mean, yeah, those are elements in it but most of it is light young adult adventure stuff.
>>
>>689610603
I wish i could gas every one of these fucking pineapples
>>
>>689609823
for the love of god don't play Yakuza
>>
Sex appeal sells.
>>
>>689610603
this but unironically
>>
>>689612652
Nobody does. That's why they are making a pirate game sailing exclusively on an ocean of their desperation.
>>
>>689612017
One of the students gets raped, that’s literally what happens
>>
>>689609823
>Why do japanese people do japanese games the japanese way instead of catering to my jewywood vision of media?
grow up mutt, you're not center of the world

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.