[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Xbox handheld.jpg (50 KB, 526x526)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>25th anniversary of Xbox is November 15th, 2026
>Microsoft is planning a big event for Xbox and Halo
>Series X and S console sales have been lagging behind Xbox One sales
>Microsoft intends to discontinue Series X and S soon; they aren't interested in directly competing with Sony anymore
>Microsoft wants to launch their next console generation in Holiday 2026 for 25 year anniversary marketing purposes
>Next Xbox will be backwards compatible with Series X/S, and non-Kinect Xbox One titles
>All Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles which are currently backwards compatible will be playable on next-gen Xbox
>Next-gen Xbox will be two devices: a traditional console, and then a less powerful handheld
>Microsoft trying to work with Steam and Epic Store so your libraries from there will be playable on next-gen Xbox as well
>343i has been moving away from Halo Infinite over the past year, getting rid of seasonal support
>Most of 343i has been working on the next mainline Halo and plan to launch it with the next-gen Xbox in 2026
>>
>>689719371
it's insane how a random anon could fix xbox in a day
>>
>>689719371
This fits with the rumor that the next Xbox will be one device on Microsoft's new ARM platform. Slightly more friendly to third-party software than the current Xbox, but still no legacy support. Microsoft have said they want to move their user base to ARM and using the Xbox brand to accomplish that seems obvious.

Valve is conformed to be working on Steam on ARM. Funny enough the way it will work is with a AMD64 emulator running Steam for Linux.
>>
>>689719371
>release new console after previous console had nogaems
What would be the incentive for customers though?
Hardcore gaymers won't care since nogaems, casual gaymers won't care since fifaslop and codslop will still come out on the prior generation.
>>
>>689720336
xbox was always a 3rd party machine. And even more now if what OP said is true. A handheld with game pass and any kid will be set for years, definitely a better deal than paying $60 for every Nintendo game.
>>
>>689720336
Microsoft's plan according to the rumors I've heard is to shift home users over to this new ARM platform. It may be branded as 'Xbox' more broadly, or Microsoft may reserve that to their official hardware, but they will run 'Xbox' games, and because it is ARM and legacy-free even while third-party software might work the experience will be sub-par.

In any case, users will walk into stores, or log into Amazon to buy their new Windows systems, and they won't have a choice unless they buy an older system with an OS with a rapidly approaching end of life, or a more expensive 'business' machine.
Then it won't be long until it is like it is for Apple users where normal people simply cannot get a x86 compatible system.
>>
>>689720979
I just want exclusives so I can make fun of pcfags

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.