[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

its impossible to make long-term friends on games anymore, traditional MMOs like WoW are dead. no guilds that promote social interaction, no raids, you just don't go online and see your friends online whom you'll chat up with a bit. Now it's all shit like fortnite, you join a random lobby with random people, then never see them again.
>>
>>1370588
D*****d
>>
>>1370588
You're just retarded
>>
>>1370588
It's because you are a 30 year old plus fat balding boomer, nobody wants to play with you, plus the games you are playing are absolute horseshit.
>>
>>1373396
Who do you want to play with?
>>
>>1370588
Good. Have you seen the people who met in WoW and married? We don't need more dysgenic hyper obese people reproducing.
>>
>>1373785
he's just projecting so he plays every game alone
>>
>>1370588
Fact:
It's just you. Nobody wants to be your friend because you're a garbage person.
>>
Go play vrchat and make some friends there
>>
>>1380101
weird projection
>>
>>1370588
true but pisses off normalfags
>>
>>1380101
Yeah
>>
>>1370588
Whats with the hate here? I get i that hes playing a dog ass game but i experience a fairly similar thing in other games (tho theres still plenty of chatty people to be fair).
>>
File: 1715009651705095m.jpg (112 KB, 1024x576)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>1370588
Its the lack of friction, everything is streamlined for convenience these days so less opportunities for people to band together and make friends. It is literally the vanilla wow dungeon experience vs running dungeon finder with randoms.
Try turtle wow hardcore if u want to make friends (and enemies)...
>>
I've made plenty of friends. some I've even visited. as long as you ain't a nigger you might too.

https://discord.gg/2jYM4vRPE9
>>
playing ffxiv and being very disappointed made me think i longed for the days of the past where MMOs were different, but thinking about it i think i just miss being a kid again. i don't think i could play old school MMOs the same way since i dont have enough free time nowadays.
>>
Yep. Thats random groups for you, who you'll never see again. Then nobody uses the guild chat if you wanna chat to your guildies you have to use their discord which is spammy.
>>
It sounds crazy, but Overwatch is a great way to make friends. Be good at the game and ranked players will want to chat you up. And if you're bad you can find a mentor to train you. Win-win
>>
>>1370588
The Jews fear the fraternal bond of white males sharing a common goal like clearing a raid. They don't want you to learn cooperation and teamwork.
>>
Use discord instead
>>
>>1380101
Why is there this guy who gets weirdly cunty every time someone says things aren't fine?
>>
>>1370588
maybe video games aren't a good place to find long term friends
>>
>>1370588
Fortnite lets you squad up with the same team after a match. They have features to friend people you find in games. Have you even played the game recently, OP?
>>
File: 1673815378566624.gif (457 KB, 500x281)
457 KB
457 KB GIF
>>1370588
>it's all like fortnite
>you join a random lobby with random people and never see them again
Sure anon, meanwhile

>play old school AFPS
>see the same people all the time
>either the same 1-2 guys are bleating over mic, or there's no talking at all until the end when everyone says "gg"
>never becomes friends with any of them
>sense of community is dead outside of when I'm interacting with fellow mapper chads OUTSIDE THE GAME

>play modern queue shooter
>get dropped into a random lobby with random people
>almost always lively, get 1 silent match for every 8 where people are joking, shittalking, hyping each other up, etc.
>add new people to my list every week that I joshed around with or stood out with teamwork
>have been able to piece together dream teams of returning players to wreck the queue with
>several have jumped in on other games or just enjoy chatting, making a bunch of new friends

To me, it sounds like you have skill issue, and should actually try the games that are popular and lively instead of sulking alone as a tired boomer b-b-b-b-BITCH
>>
>>1370588
You just suck at being social and are blaming everything but yourself. Even in League of Legends back when it released I made friends who became long time friends.
>>
Why are all these young kids resentful of 30 yr old+? That's the age that built this site
>>
>>1410728
You probably haven't even been here that long tourist if you think moot wasn't made fun of at all.
Also his accomplishments aren't yours.
>>
>>1386343
discordtranny
>>
>>1410728
I'm 20 and i mostly like 30yr fags, but that's probably because i wish i was born during the 90s.
>>
>>1410728
cuz most of them are insufferable and stopped being receptive to learning new things a long time ago so they're impossible to talk to cuz anything new gets them upset since they can't handle it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.