[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GAErtd0a8AAKD-p.png (1.32 MB, 800x800)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>To our loyal players,

>It is with deep regret that we inform you that DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA will end service on Feb. 29, 2024 UTC.

>We would like to thank you for your many years of support, and hope you can enjoy playing for a little while longer.

This may be our last thread, brOOs. Let's send it off right.
>>
File: Astraeus-WIP.jpg (1.11 MB, 1928x1357)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
Only got the Memorial quest left (I solo'd the first stage with Rubicante, so I didn't bother taking a picture). Anyone tried it yet? Does she still do that thing where she becomes invincible if you don't delay her? I know it was changed to accommodate Irvine, but I don't know anything else about it.
>>
>>1355683
I stopped playing sometime around Act 2. Maybe Chapter 6 or 7. Definitely after Sherlotta released.
I know Dissidia can get convoluted, but I just have one question: How did Jack Garland and the SoP characters fit into the story? I know Jack was brought from the end of DLC3 of SoP and there's something about replacing Spiritus and Materia. Neon and Astos (Or at least a copy of Astos) are in the game too. Did they matter all that much or just join the party in their overarcing quest?
>>
>>1355741
The Strangers of Paradise characters essentially form their own faction since they're attuned to the darkness. Jack initially starts as an antagonist because he hates the gods too much to work with them, he thinks the heroes are too pussy to stop the Cloud of Darkness (at this point in the story, the Warrior of Light has been wiped from existence and Onion Knight is barely holding the team together), and he's so powerful that just him existing in the dying world threatens it. Fighting him toughens Onion Knight up and gives the team an idea how to get Warrior of Light back, leading directly into the Act 3 finale.

In Act 4, he reunites with Neon and Astos and they're keeping an eye on the new world alongside other dark/chaos-aligned characters like Caius and Ardyn without directly helping the main group. The world is a lifeless husk in Act 4, but when Materia and Spiritus' warriors clash it creates a ton of energy that Warrior of Light can use to revive the world. But this has side-effects and several villains have figured out how to use the energy for their own ends, and Jack's group helps deal with them.

I'm not caught up on JP's story so I don't know if they ever come back in the limelight.
>>
File: 1689334140230307.jpg (356 KB, 1200x1200)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
For brOOs looking for another phone game, I recommend
>Buriedbornes >>1345217

It's not a gacha, it's more like a f2p game. It's a dungeon crawl thing where you can pick a class, heavily customize it with abilities/modifiers, choose a skill (in addition to the class default skills), and also accessories that you can also customize with abilities. The gameplay is really pretty simple, but there is a lot of possible customization involved, and then you just get to floor 100 or whatever you want to do for the dungeon. There used to be "seasons", and the available free premium currency in the game would allow you to buy the season pass, and completing the season pass 100% would reward you with *more* free premium currency than the pass itself cost, so in that regard it is/was very f2p friendly. You don't need to buy anything anyway, because the amount of free currency that you do get allows you to purchase the things that I believe are necessary (basically, additional inventory slots)

Buriedbornes 2 is coming out soon. You can pre-reg right now
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Nussygame.bbrpg2&pli=1
It also has a Steam client, same for Buriedbornes 1
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1581950/Buriedbornes2__Dungeon_RPG/

I don't know anything about Buriedbornes 2. It might end up being a greedy cashgrab that is nearly impossible to play as a f2p (one of his other games, B100X requires you to have more inventory slots than you get for free), so it might end up sucking, but Buriedbornes 1 is really good if you're looking for another game you can play on your phone
>>
>>1355741
Astos wanted to try to get Jack to remember him, he does, and now he helps out. For the last few bits he seemed like the intermediary between the SoP crew and the protagonists.

Neon briefly got caught up with Vayne looking for Jack until they linked up. Vayne seemed to hold her in unusually high regard and Rubicante gushes about her every time he shows up.
>>
>>1355778
I'd ship Neon and Vayne.
>>
>DE9 (with the big bears that buff themselves and the count goes down with said buffs)
>almost got it with Ami, Seymour, and Astos
Weird seeing sites reccomend Galuf.
>>
File: 1700137585868320.png (923 KB, 1080x1920)
923 KB
923 KB PNG
>>1355815
>Weird seeing sites reccomend Galuf.
The MVPs of this tier were Galuf and Relm (with 2 refined Laguna spheres)
Galuf took the hits and Relm single handedly kept the orb in check

If you have white crystal room built, you could probably solo it with Relm if you give her D3, D6, and D4. Penelo can solo it with no crystal room. Ultimecia can also solo with no crystal room. Same for Yuna. I miss when fights actually had mechanics. DET9 is one of those ones where you can still get fucked by mechanics even though we are in maxed-out-crystal-rooms Shinryu era. You can't kill them too quickly, or if you do it has to be during Burst or Summon, and you still need to respect the orb if you're trying to do it legit
>>
>>1355833
Unless you use Vincent's or Ashe's BT (the former being the original featured character dor that fight) in which case you can just go wild.
>>
>>1355844
Oh yeah, that's true. BTs and UWs are basically free now, so it's no biggie to get and max out Vincent. I forgot
>>
That wasn't so bad. Some key notes:

Get everyone you plan to use to FE50. That's true of all these D2D fights, but especially here. There's no reason not to. You have a ton of health to work through, but 100 turns to do it. Avoid using Echoes. Get your multiplier up as fast as possible- I had Snow pop his FR and then go into his Burst just to jack up his multiplier so I'd have 490% retained for the whole fight. Again, that's something that really helps with all of these fights.

Her FR kills your BRV damage and gains, but the attack isn't very strong. You can completely ignore her Force Time as long as you bring a character that can get past those restrictions. I used Snow, but Ursula, Quina, Setzer, etc will also help. Her force gauge charges so fast that strategizing around breaking and preventing it doesn't seem as viable.

Twice during the fight, she gets even more defense and needs to take three turns for the effect to go away, so don't go too crazy with turn hogging. I went full off-turn when I saw that, but as long as you can pump the brakes before she hits 80% (1st phase) and 30% (2nd phase) you'll be fine doing on-turn.

Once, (80% 2nd phase) she'll give herself permanent buffs and become invincible unless you dispel them. I brought Beatrix just to counter that, but you can just use Balthier's base call and completely shut it down.

I used a lot of good characters in this first batch, so I'm a bit nervous about the next two. Hopefully getting more crystal rooms maxed out and more FE50s will let me get away with more.
>>
File: Neon_Concept.jpg (231 KB, 1599x921)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>1355748
>>1355778
Thanks for the info. Happy to hear that the DFFOO team included Jack's goal to train warriors to stand against CHAOS in a way that fits in with the rest of the game. Also nice to see that Neon and Astos are interacting with the roster.
>>
>>1355683
quite frankly Im surprised it lasted this long with how SE handles its gachas and how much of a bloated mess this game became
>here's a new character
>here's 8 different pieces of equipment you have to roll to make them usable
>repeat every 2-3 weeks
>here's an extra upgrade step meant to rebalance old characters, enjoy the grind
>>
>>1355994
I'm also surprised that it lasted 7 years, but I'm surprised due to how outrageously generous it was. You get everything you want for free as long as every character isn't your favorite. The Enhancement Points bottleneck was meant to shill the mogpass, but I made it to EoS with over 600k points as f2p and 1 million gems. There was just never a reason to buy anything, and it still lasted 7 years. That's the antithesis of what gacha is
>>
File: FNua0TaXwAIlCjA.jpg (37 KB, 486x387)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>no Burst coming
Well shit
>>
>>1355865
Good job, and thanks for the info! This'll surely come in handy when I try this later this week.
>>
Elon Musk should fund the rest of the game's projected length (crystal level 100 & Act 4/5).
>>
>>1355994
DFFOO had a really good run considering it was made as a promotional tie-in for a game that underperformed and got shut down four years before Opera Omnia did.
>>
File: strangers.png (1024 KB, 735x655)
1024 KB
1024 KB PNG
I'll miss them.
>>
File: IMG_1386.jpg (78 KB, 1255x217)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>
This week's reading mission answers are: Yuffie, Balthier, Lann & Reynn, Quistis, and Thancred.
>>
>>1356767
>NT
Boy, what a flop. I remember how they did that merchandise tie in years ago with OO by giving out a code for Cloud's Buster Sword NT Version. It was only available in the first physical printing of Dissidia NT iirc.
I remember going to Best Buy, well after NT had launched (don't remember if it was a year or just months later) and the game wasn't even on the shelves. So I asked an employee, who asked his manager, and they unlocked a cabinet in the back of the store that still had a complete shelf of brand new launch edition copies of NT they had taken off the shelves and locked away because no one was buying them after months. They were even in limited edition steel books! They charged me 15 bucks for one (probably around $12.99 American) and I got the code for my Cloud's NT sword in OO.
I still have it, but after all these years I still haven't even booted the game up once.
>>1357257
Brehs...
>>
Six down, one more to go.
Since Anon pointed out the boss needs to take turns, I swapped out Sephiroth for a different fave I never got to green until now: Queen.
Not having BTs for Reno or Vincent sure made this more challenging and it actually ended up being a nailbiter finish. It came down to Queen all juiced up on her BT to try and use her devastating (heh) hp+ to finish off the boss at 2% hp.
It just barely failed to kill him and he had 2 actions queued up next in force time so they were each going to be powerful aoe hp attacks that might make me fail the hp requirement. Reno's last Pyramid would stop the first one, but I'd have no defense against the second. Luckily, I had forgotten about Reno's Numb debuff, you know the one you're not supposed to use because you typically want the boss to take lots of turns when using Reno? Well, it delayed the boss' second action, allowing me to nab the win.
Now to prep for Griever later this week. Thinking an off-turn comp, something like Quina, Rubicante and...idk, guess I could find some random buffer with an echo. It's time to break out the big guns as I hardly used any of my truly good characters in this first set of D2D fights. Ah, I should go for a linked attacker instead. Might be a good place to lock Cor as I already plan on using Kain in the third set of lockouts.
>>
>>1355815
>>1355833
>>1355844
Oh yeah, I did it. Lot easier on a 2nd attempt with some UWs and a bit more points into boards. It can be brute forced, just time the BT and summons.
>>
>>1357382
I still have the NT version in my game, just had it on lock.
>>
>>1357633
Nice. I tried a few runs with Reno and Vincent but had trouble with it. Like you pointed out, there were times where I couldn't rely on Reno's Pyramid to protect me, and I would wipe to him getting a turn right after using his Force attack or something like that. And to be honest, Vincent wasn't contributing much of anything. And that's WITH BT+ for both of them.
>>
It's kind of impressive how we have probably the easiest shinryu co-op imaginable and people still find ways to throw a run, completely unintentionally
>>
>>1357774
The JP one is those Final Fantasy IV CPU orb things, from Strago's FR fight. They don't even have increased HP, they have the same HP as they did when Strago's FR released, and I've had multiple co-ops that have required 2 Force Times. Somehow, JP is much worse at co-op than GL is
>>
>>1357774
Right? Bring a Cater call and you can get away with doing whatever the hell you want for the rest of the fight. But I keep seeing dumbasses still trying to turn hog with no mitigation up and then dying to their first FR threshold. And then I remember that I've seen people still complaining like six months ago that they have a hard time clearing Lufenia.
>>
I wonder if Griever could be Ydaroth'd if you brought Quina as a third to ignore all of the boss' def up and party's damage down, while bringing a dispel call on Yda to dispel her buffs.
>>
>>1359018
I didn't see any reason why you couldn't do that. The buffs only happen once so there aren't any other roadblocks. I'm not a fan of locking Yda in to an Ydaroth comp when we're getting crystal abilities for free that'll really let her show her damage potential, but that's just me.
>>
>>1359028
I never got her burst, so it'd be fine for me. Looks like someone cleared it with Quinamecia too (Noctis as the third). I think I'll try to do it with a more "legit" strat, then double back later if it turns out I need to free up some characters.
>>
>>1357782
I've come to hate the co-op Kelgers the most
>immediately pops FR with no setup
>90% of the time usually the most braindead players imaginable
>half of them don't even press most of their buttons or are aware of anyone else in their party
I had one take FR with a Jihl in party and we got to 340% because Daze is a thing that exists (she was also bad and spammed LD on turn).
>>
Welp, that's all BTs maxed, next up is all the armors.
>>
>>1359739
>I had one take FR with a Jihl in party and we got to 340% because Daze
Sounds like a Jihl problem, honestly. Unironically other people, not Kelger. It was Kelger's debut fight. It's literally made for him. If you can use anyone in the game, Jihl is among the worst choices, not only because Jihl isn't very good but also considering what the fight is. Although Jihl can work if you don't have a tank, it is quite literally Kelger's fight.
>immediately pops FR with no setup
No Shinryu fight has ever needed "setup". Co-ops least of all, and this EoS co-op least-least of all, because everyone is boosted, everyone is FE50 for free, and you start at 50% FR gauge. You literally just press BT+ and then you press FR or Echo whenever it's your turn, and no matter who is on your team and no matter what FR you use, you win.
>half of them don't even press most of their buttons
You literally just press BT+ and then Echo, for everyone. The "setup" for Kelger is to go into BT phase to refresh all buffs since that's the only way you can accomplish this smoothly, because otherwise you have buffs falling off simultaneously right after Echo. You not only do not want someone to be entering BT phase in this co-op, but it's also unnecessary as long as everyone just presses their BT+ and then spams their Echo, since that will kill the enemy before Kelger needs to start worrying about buffs falling off. No one in this co-op should ever be pressing a button besides BT+ or FR/Echo, unless they have already pressed all of those buttons. What buttons do you even want Kelger to be pressing? EX is the buff that will need to be refreshed most importantly, it's his "best" attack, and there's no reason to get that far into the fight in the first place
>90% of the time usually the most braindead players imaginable
What are you even doing in the co-op to showcase brain power? You press BT+ then FR or Echo. That's the whole fight. The fight is dead after that.
>t. only been playing JP co-op
>>
>>1359867
>What are you even doing in the co-op to showcase brain power?
Pressing more than FR once and then S1 for the rest of the fight? That's what I was dealing with. The Kelger was the braindead one for taking FR immediately when people were still getting their BT+ effects up and not letting someone else in the party with a better FR take theirs, like the Ignis who spent turns charging. I don't pick who the other co-op players pick as their characters, cause that's other people, but if I was stuck with that, I'd at least have some awareness of what to expect the rest of my party to do and adapt. That's not what happened, and I had to build FR myself, again, and make sure my FR went off instead, which still didn't kill after a second FR, because the stupid dog only pressed S1 for the rest of the fight!
>>
>>1359949
>Pressing more than FR once and then S1 for the rest of the fight?
It literally doesn't matter though, like at all. The entire issue with your story is that Jihl exists and pressed all of the wrong buttons. If you wanna blame your shitty co-op on someone, then in your story you should blame it on the Jihl, since she could have pressed BT+ and then spammed LD, but she insisted on pressing the buttons that fucked with the FR that had already been used.

I just think you're mad at the wrong character, bro. Kelger is too good to be bad in co-op, especially in the co-op that is literally his fight. The only way you can fuck up Kelger in a co-op where everything is evadable is by doing something like stunlocking the enemies with Daze/Paralysis/HP silence debuffs.

>The Kelger was the braindead one for taking FR immediately when people were still getting their BT+ effects up
I don't actually do co-ops in GL because 1) I already have everything, 2) I had skip tickets saved up, and 3) we are getting more skip tickets every week. The current JP co-op doesn't have this issue, because like I said everyone is FE50 and the gauge starts at 50% because everyone is boosted, but it's completely fucking retarded to delay pressing FR, for any reason. If you're at 100% FR gauge and you can press FR, it's retarded to not do that. It's possibly the easiest co-op that has ever existed due the EoS conditions. It's not the serious. You don't need to let everyone set up BT+ effects and get calls up and whatever else. If you want to do that, then get in discord or something and invite people from your friends list. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you just press BT+ and then Echo and then the co-op is over.

>but if I was stuck with that, I'd at least have some awareness of what to expect the rest of my party to do and adapt
That's ironic, because as soon as Kelger pressed FR, everyone should have adapted, but it sounds like that didn't happen.
>>
>>1359956
>everyone should have adapted
Jihl literally cannot do meaningful damage without inflicting Daze. What you're saying is they should just stop existing at that point, and that's not physically possible. The thing with random Kelgers in co-op is that they won't fail, that's a given because I agree with you, he's too good for that, it's that they'll take twice as long because they expect the entire fight to revolve around them in a 3 person experience.
>it's completely fucking retarded to delay pressing FR
When everyone else is getting around 10% per turn and the team isn't built around enabling higher, and when any other FR in the party would be better at that? Yes, there is a valid reason. And not recognizing that and pressing it anyway is infact someone's fault. No, I'm pretty sure I'm angry at the right person, and if I'm forced to double charge in a fight this easy, it's gotta be somebody's fault.
>>
>>1359956
>I don't actually do co-ops in GL
>it's completely fucking retarded to delay pressing FR, for any reason
please never play co-ops at all
>>
>>1359963
>Jihl literally cannot do meaningful damage without inflicting Daze
Why does that matter? Kelger does 20 million damage on preempts and then another 10-15 million damage on the counter. Why does Jihl need to be doing any damage? In your story, the fight would have gone better if Jihl had just pressed vanilla BRV attack. You're absolutely mad at the wrong character is all I'm saying. It's literally Kelger's fight. If someone activates an off turn FR and then someone else completely denies the FR, it's the other person's fault, in this case Jihl's. She could have very easily not inflicted Daze and the fight would have gone better.

I just don't understand why you're mad at Kelger when it's Jihl who fucked up the FR. It just doesn't make sense to me. It's literally Kelger's fight. Kelger is one of if not the single best unit in the entire game, and this is literally his fight. Why are you mad at Kelger? Jihl is the one who fucked up. Jihl isn't even good, and I can't imagine her being anyone's favorite character, if we're playing the favorites card. I don't know why she's in the co-op to begin with.

>When everyone else is getting around 10% per turn
Just don't Daze the boss, bro. It's pretty simple, really. I think you are mad at the exact wrong person in your story. The person who fucked the co-op up was Jihl, not Kelger.

>>1359966
Anon, they're not rocket science. Especially not this Kelger one. You press BT+, then you press FR. It's that easy. I don't know why you guys are making it out like it's complicated. The reason I stopped doing co-ops is because skip tickets happened, but it's also because I hate people that make co-ops take longer than they need to. You don't need to buff up, you just need to press FR and then spam Echo and you win. It's that simple. I'm glad I don't have to encounter people like you, honestly.
>>
File: 1675355087542827.png (2.18 MB, 800x1700)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
>>1359963
>Jihl literally cannot do meaningful damage without inflicting Daze
Wait, so I'm looking at Jihl's kit because I didn't remember this being a feature and I got curious. Why does Jihl's damage depend on inflicting Daze? LD with BT+ aura up is 10 split HP attacks, isn't it? Does she get 3 extra split HP attacks from the EX? Do you really think that an extra 3 split HP attacks is worth fucking up an entire Force Time? There's the Echo too, which would be nice to be able to press, but not nice enough to press so as to ruin an off turn Force Time. Why does Jihl need to inflict Daze to deal damage? What am I missing here?
>>
I just did a few GL co-ops as Kelger. Everything went fine.

Which got me thinking. In the original story, there is both a Jihl and an Ignis. This is not one but two (2) gauge chargers. Either one of them could have charged the gauge and pressed FR, but somehow neither one of them did. Everyone is FE50 because it's free, and the gauge starts at 50% at the beginning of the battle. You will almost instantly reach 100% naturally, even without a force charger, and you had two (2) of them. In my own experience, the co-ops played out exactly as I said; you press BT+, then you press Echo once or twice, then the boss is dead. But this begs the question, how did the Kelger in your story even "steal" the FR? How is that possible? In my own experience earlier, I was never given the opportunity to press FR, because I press BT+, and then by the time it's my turn again, someone pressed FR. Usually, it's a suboptimal FR that is pressed, but it literally doesn't matter at all. I had a Minwu/Kelger/Cissnei party, and the Cissnei is the one who pressed FR. Cissnei's is probably the worst FR to press given the team, but it doesn't matter. The only thing that could fuck up a Force Time is if someone tried to purposely sabotage it, like Jihl denying the off turn FR that was pressed by unnecessarily stunlocking the bosses.

I'm thinking that the only reason the Kelger in your story even pressed FR is because several turns passed where no one was pressing it for some reason, because how did a Kelger get the FR when there are two gauge chargers on the team, and then why did Jihl purposely deny the FR? Is the Jihl the one posting the story? Did Jihl sabotage a co-op FR just so he could shitpost about it on a Mongolian Basket Weaving forum? And why didn't Ignis press FR? That probably would have been the best one to press, yet somehow neither one of the 2 gauge chargers were able to press FR in a fight where you practically already start at 100% gauge. It just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
File: vivster.png (2.73 MB, 1920x1080)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
might as well use vivi seeing as the game is gonna rip so...
>>
File: 1700268442573040.jpg (103 KB, 900x536)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Happy 6th anniversary to DFFOO and friends.
>>
>they actually used the meme quote from Yuna about Rikku coming to OO for the weekly story reading missions
Hearty fucking kek, everyone should know this one. Who are the other four?
>>
>>1362492
King and Kuja are two others. I'm not sure about the last two, but I'm pretty sure the line about saving a manikin comes up in Act 2: Chapter 8.
>>
>>1362492
I mean one of the loading screen tips says something like "We never got YuRiPa, but we got (forgot the last half)"
>>
>>1360214
I leave this thread for a few days because trying to reason with someone like this was retarded and now I'M the Jihl, concocting a story for literally no benefit to myself, trying to make a Kelger look worse. Jesus fucking christ.
>spend like 4 turns building up bar as Ignis
>press BT+
>Kelger takes next turn and immediately does FR
>Jihl does echo because why wouldn't you echo on this easy fight
>Daze
>periodically applies daze throughout the fight
>FR runs out at 340% and they're over 50%
>spend multiple turns building up FR and pop Ignis's
>win
That's it, that's the whole fucking story. There's nothing else. You're a shit detective. Sorry I had the GALL to assume some players are just bad and that there can be responsibility given. I'll be sure to keep that in mind in the future, where this hopefully never gets brought up again.

You fucking autist.
>>
>>1362548
>I leave this thread for a few days because trying to reason with someone like this was retarded and now I'M the Jihl
I asked a question, anon. I also asked why Ignis didn't press FR, which you answered, but truly we can never know the answer as to whether you were Jihl or Ignis. If you were Jihl, at this point you absolutely would say that you weren't, but I am open to you being either one. Again, though, we can never truly know at this point. Why did you say that Jihl's damage depends on inflicting Daze when it does not?

>Jihl does echo because why wouldn't you echo on this easy fight
Because Daze sabotages Kelger's FR. You spoke earlier of adapting. Jihl did not adapt, and you're blaming Kelger for it. It was a very ironic statement to make. Again, as I've said the entire time, the one who fucked your co-op is Jihl. Kelger did nothing wrong. Jihl should have used 2 braincells and not inflicted Daze, but you're blaming Kelger for not being able to adapt, when it is Jihl who didn't adapt. I just feel like anyone with half a brain could have figured out who fucked your co-op up, but apparently not you.

>You're a shit detective.
What does this even mean? What am I detecting? My argument has always been that Jihl fucked your co-op up by (seemingly purposely, else through lack of braincells and lack of adaptation) repeatedly inflicing Daze when the active FR is punished for doing so. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who fucked the co-op up, but you still can't figure it out.

>Sorry I had the GALL to assume some players are just bad and that there can be responsibility given.
Well, if you had the gall to assume that some players are just bad, you would have appropriately pinned the repsonsibility on Jihl for fucking your co-op up, but you didn't. You just aren't using your brain in this matter for some reason. As if there is a logical block preventing you from accurately pinning responsibility on the person whose fault your experience was.
>>
>>1362557
I'm going to stop responding to you now. Your posts are exhausting and I'm not even going to read that. You can take that in however you want. You can even take it as a win, or a concession, or what have you. I don't care. Just stop talking to me.
>>
>>1362560
It seems you finally understand that Jihl is the one who sabotaged your co-op. Was it purposeful sabotage so that Jihl could become mad about it? Was it genuine absent minded stupidity? Was it Jihl being AFK and/or a bot/macro? We may never know. The only thing that is for certain is that of all the people in your co-op, Jihl is the one that fucked it up.
>>
File: Full-of-Weirdos.jpg (583 KB, 1096x626)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>Starting a fight at a wake
>>
>>1362492
>>1362498
So I cleared all of the reading missions. We've got Yuna, Kuja, and King as previously mentioned. The fourth one is Papalymo. As for the fifth one, I'm not exactly sure. I was brute-forcing my way through the roster and I got it after running Locke, Sabin, and Cait Sith. It's one of those, but I'm not sure which.
>>
>>1362784
Thanks bro, and it's Sabin
>>
Did JP get something we didn't regarding these final events?
>>
>>1362784
>>1362862
Thanks detectives!
>>
>>1362950
JP seems to have gotten absolutely nothing. It's really weird. JP has all of the extra FRs and BTs and characters (and stages, like Re-Shinryu and Memorials), but it does not have Dare to Defy. Meanwhile, GL is not yet caught up to JP so it's missing a lot of new toys and stages, but in exchange GL got Dare to Defy. I can't read moon runes so maybe there is something I'm missing, but I have not downloaded any patch or new data since the BT token fix so it seems like JP got actually nothing as their EoS. Just the same EoS shops, and their co-op is the Final Fantasy IV CPU things from Strago's FR instead of Kelger's Lost Chapter things.
>>
>>1363116
Doesn't surprise me. Hate to say it, but the thing that really killed this game was the JP side's apparent apathy toward it. I don't know if Re-Shinryu did end up being an improvement, but you can't go on auto-pilot for over a year and expect people to come back once you put in the bare minimum to course-correct. I was never a fan of Shinryu in general, but playing the Braska's Final Aeon stage in this D2D was really eye-opening for how much effort used to go into the fights versus how little went into them by the time Yda got her BT. The GL devs were really carrying this game on their backs this past year.
>>
I knocked out four of these things but Enna's stage is obnoxiously beafy.
>>
>>1363419
all of them are, honestly, but with enough FR and a decent idea of what your team does you can usually power through it, I did need 2 FR times for Enna's though, but it does feel nice to use characters that haven't been updated in over a year
>>
>>1363408
>but playing the Braska's Final Aeon stage in this D2D was really eye-opening for how much effort used to go into the fights versus how little went into them by the time Yda got her BT
Every time they put effort into the fights (i.e. made them somewhat challenging or gave them any mechanics at all), people complained about it. The same thing happened with Lufenia orbs. It's unfortunate.
>>
>>1363442
The only fight I've ever done that I felt like was just unfun because of its mechanics, was Hell House. Everything else was varying degrees of fine and people were just braindead.

I'm still gonna hate Hell House long after this game shuts down though, fuck that fight
>>
File: Bhunivelze.jpg (366 KB, 598x693)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>1363446
It's one of the D2D fights coming up, so strap in.

The only fights I really hated were that Dullahan fight that everyone used Yuffie to cheese (until GL added a version that you had to fight legit- thanks, guys), that Cait Sith mission dungeon that you basically needed Agrias' LD for if you didn't want to spend 45 minutes on it, and Deuce's Lost Chapter. I usually liked the more difficult content. Shit, I just found this image sitting on my hard drive that I made when Bhunivelze dropped.
>>
>>1363446
For me it was Shiva Spiritus. I just don't think randomly targeted petrify is a good mechanic, especially not at the beginning of a fight. Every mechanic in that fight is fine, even the shit at the end, but for me the random petrifies made it feel like RNG. The same shit as resetting Sanctuary Keepers until they don't kill you.
>>
>>1363449
I also like the challenging fights...when the mechanics aren't actively working against me. Actually, I'll add Shiva Spiritus onto that if only because it required me to either have a character on my party built, or fill up my calls just to actually inflict damage onto the boss. That was shitty. Bhunvelzie made me think for a while on how to clear it, and I like that, same for Act 3 CoD fight.

>It's one of the D2D fights coming up
don't remind me, it's probably one of the fights I'm saving my best characters for

>>1363451
you know what I didn't even think about that, that's a good point fuck that fight too
>>
>>1363446
>>1363452
Beatrix completely neuters Hell House, so if you're worried about it, just save Beatrix for it. She immunes all damage and her counter attack dispels, which gets rid of that buff it gets in the 2nd phase, because it does an attack right before it gets the buff.
>>
>>1363451
Shiva was always a pain in the ass for some reason. I remember Divine Shiva being more of a problem for me though. And while we're talking Divine fights, I'll add Divine Alexander to the list. I just couldn't understand what the hell the mechanics were to the fight and ended up using the Gladio cheese strat for it.

Oh, and how could I forget Safer Sephiroth? Had all the makings of a great fight, but then they ruined it with an absurdly restrictive Lufenia orb that only like two characters could hit.
>>
>>1363440
>it does feel nice to use characters that haven't been updated in over a year
I think that putting them up against a huge health pool with no reworks just makes me even more disappointed in them.
>>
>>1363457
I never thought any Lufenia orbs were too restrictive, and I played Lufenia+ (Safer Sephiroth) with LD only units for fun. Easily my favorite mechanic from DFFOO was Lufenia orbs. An organic way to make you examine your roster and/or force you into clever use of call abilities. I even used Shelke for that fight with a Sazh call somewhere. RIP Shelke.
>>
Four down. I didn't even remember what the fourth and fifth crystal abilities were because two months ago I never thought I'd get this far. And at this rate, I'll have a fifth mastered by the time the next batch of D2D quests are out.
>>
>still no BTs from the daily multi-draw
Shows just how bullshit it is to pull these damn things. Though somehow I've MLB'd Golbez' FR since I pulled 2 dupes of it. Don't have his BT, of course.
>>1363557
Nice! I haven't bought any sparkles so I'm "only" at 3.5 rooms done but I'll be at 4 next weekly reset. Really looking forward to busting out the final crystal ability.
>>
>>1363557
I think I have one of the rooms at like 89/90? Can I use those colorless sparkles to max it out? I don't really wanna waste 1 week just for unlocking 1 ability.
>>
>>1363750
>still no BTs from the daily multi-draw
I think I only got 2 FRs, a dupe and one that I was actually missing (only missing 2 for a complete set now).
>>
>>1363756
>Can I use those colorless sparkles to max it out?
If you have enough, yes.
>>
>>1363451
>The same shit as resetting Sanctuary Keepers until they don't kill you.
Damn, I had finally forgotten about those fuckers. The one good thing about EoS is those bosses going straight to Hell.
>>
>>1363756
That's what I've been doing. I think it takes 20,000 sparkles to max out one of the crystal rooms. You can get 9,000 colored ones each week from a level 3 crystal mission and 1,000 colorless ones from login bonuses every eight days, so two weekly missions and 2,000 polychromatic sparkles will do it.
>>
Someone should archive all the music in this game before it's too late
>>
>they won't do an offline version
For shame.
>>
I've now maxed everyone's equipment, next up is force level and then spheres.
>>
Knowing that this is the last Christmas DFFOO will be around for is making it all start to sink in. Got enough G Tokens from the multi for Nabaat's BT. At least it's a better present than that one year we had fucking Jegran as our Christmas banner.

Remember when people were hyping up Jegran as the answer for the elemental lockout period and greened him, then ended up using Setzer, Sherlotta, and the synergy characters anyway? I 'member.
>>
Merry Christmas bros.
>>1365507
I pitied and fully greened/blued Jegran on release simply because he shared a VA with Cyan. Probably my biggest investment regret in the game's lifetime. Gonna find a way to shove him into the D2D next month.
>>
>>1365507
>Remember when people were hyping up Jegran
No
>>
>>1365669
>>1365507
His rework with his FR would have been sweet, I bet.
>>
>DE12, the one with the lil robot using needelspread
Oh, this guy has low HP, this ain't so bad
>summons the ads
Yup, not so bad at all
>then realize they have just as much HP with the same moveset, FR included
ruh roh
>>
>>1365765
Yeah, that was done to shill Seymour. The idea was that you'd avoid hurting the weakened one from there so that Seymour's Total Annihilation could stay active and wear down the second wave much more quickly.

>Seymour never got an Echo
He was little more than a fun gimmick character for a long time, but he'd have been an absolute monster if he'd been updated to go along with multiplier retention.
>>
>>1365932
Shame that I used him here >>1355815. But I think I may be able to brute force it with Celes, Thancred, and Prishe.
>>
>>1365944
A lot of people solo'd it with either Celes or Dorgann back when it was new if that helps at all
>>
>>1365765
HP silence will prevent the FR attack from advancing from stage 2 to stage 3 if that helps.
>>
SE announced they're shutting down DQ Tact global on the same day as OO, Feb 29. Wonder what games they're making room for in 2024.
>>
>>1366456
i rather make dq tacts an actual game. it crashes on mobile sometimes, but i think it deserves better.
>>
>>1366462
If the usual gacha elements were somehow excised, it could likely be turned into a better Monsters game than DQM3.
>>
Looks like JP got an update with a new fight and a new co-op (same shop, currency carried forward)
>>
>>1366818
Did they add the costumes to the shop? I remember hearing something about it.
>>
File: 1697007891273412.png (1.11 MB, 1920x1080)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>1366826
>I remember hearing something about it.
It was in the notices for GL (and I assume JP as well). They're giving us missions for 1 or 2 tokens per month for the last 2 months, and the tokens look like those same tokens for the sale bundle a while back. I'm too lazy to go dig through GL's notices, so I can't remember if it was 1 or 2 per month for GL, but JP is only getting 1 it looks like, so GL probably only gets 1 also, for a total of 2 free costumes before EoS (or maybe 4, I'm lazy to look at GL's. I just remember the number 2, but I don't remember if that was a post-math 2 or pre-math 2)

>Did they add the costumes to the shop?
They are not in the co-op shop. You use this token in the costume shop. I think the requirement is to clear the new chapter
>>
I finally got around to facing Griever. Easy win on the first try, big thanks again to the anon who posted how the fight works. 2 force times, never ended up using my summon or the calls on Rubi and Quina (really should've, didn't realize the fight'd be over that quick). I know I locked 3 very strong characters here, but I barely used any of my "good" characters in Phase 1 (even used LD only characters like Cyan) so I'm going all out on the memorial bosses and Shinryu. EoS is the best time to blow your load and rocking out with these three was a blast.

Anyone got the names of the 5 characters for the weekly reading missions? I figured out Edward and Zidane. Oh, and Reno too.
>>
>>1367422
It's actually Rude, not Reno. The one about copyright is Kefka. I knew because I have a screenshot of a different line from the same scene. Stumped on the last one. I assume it's someone talking to a Dark Manikin, but I can't think of anyone whom it'd be in character for.
>>
>>1367461
>first spoiler
Ah, I figured it was one of those two so I ran both at once. I tried Llyud and Sehl'teus for the last one, no dice.
>>
File: jegrandeleted.png (3.52 MB, 2253x885)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB PNG
Using offturn characters Faris/Rydia/Kelgar easy auto victory.
>>
>>1367633
Are you able to follow the story at all, or do you have to just skip through it? I'm curious whether it looks like there's actually a decent conclusion shaping up, or if the game's just gonna stop without a real resolution.
>>
>>1367633
Just use Snow, brah. Absolutely no buttons to press since it's all auto even with the auto option off. And dorgan does it quite well too after a single press in the first round of battle.
>>
>FMA EoS
>DQT EoS
>DFFOO EoS
>Engage Kill EoS
that's a lot of gachas all at once. Is this just repositioning for new gachas or is the division floundering?
>>
>>1367959
Everything into Ever Crisis and probably shitting out something else FF related to continue shilling FFVII Remake specifically.
EC is already dropping off, but they're going to force it alive for as long as the Remake takes to be done and released. It'd be a bad look on the Remake if they shut that game down before its out.
>>
>>1367903
He was talking about the new Act 4 Re-Shinryu fight in JP

>>1367959
Yeah, like the other guy said I think it's probably just all in on Ever Crisis because Final Fantasy VII cash cow and the Remake. They have to make it as optically successful as possible for the next ~3 years or however long it takes for Part 3 to release. I expect that its clone, Re[in], will be shutting down pretty shortly here as well. The 3rd year anniversary is coming up, and iirc it's been posting even worse numbers than OO was for a good while now and it's the same Ever Crisis studio, so if they pull people off of Re[in] they can stick them on EC
>>
Decided to comb the OO script and the final weekly story mission this week, the "Empty...I'm not one to deny your existence..." one is Auron.
>>
>>1368032
Thanks. Would have never guessed that one.
>>
>>1367959
>Engage kill EoS
Damn I thought that one /pmmm/ anon was just trolling,shame about that.
>>
>a third Golbez FR dupe from the daily free multi
What are the odds of that? 0.5*0.5*0.5=0.125?
Still no BTs at 940 G tokens.
>>
>>1368747
IIRC there's a G Token cap so you might want to cash some out.
>>
>>1368757
Oh shit, thanks! Hmmm, do I go for one of the 4 FRs I'm missing just for collection's sake? Nah, I think I'll grab that Beatrix BT I always wanted.
>>
Baseline: Crystal attack, guts on everyone, Launch retain on green and blue, FE30
Terra, Aranea, Ceodore, and Fujin BTs acquired after EOS notice along with all the extra ultima weapons.

Astraeus:
I: Neon FR+UW (Lulu), Cloud BT+FR+UW (Keiss), Quistis FR+UW (Setzer) Brothers
II: Braska FR+UW (Lulu), Gladiolus UW (unused), Kain BT+FR+UW (Setzer) Brothers
>swapped out Galuf for Hellhouse, only slightly cleaner run, petrify can dispel Blink

III: Ultimecia BT+UW (Shantotto), Ursula BT+FR+UW (Raines), Cissnei FR+UW (Rem unused) Ramuh
>Cissnei might be overkill but Yang would need a second Fist UW to deal with the enemy brv surges, forgot to use crystal attack. FE30 on Ultimecia

IV: Enna Kros FR+UW (Setzer), Terra BT+FR+UW (Raines), Laguna BT+FR+UW (Keiss) Bahamut
>Blue Armor on Enna, FE50 on Terra

V: Lyse UW (unused), Ceodore BT+UW (unused), Minwu BT+FRUW (Rem) Alexander
VI: Weiss BT+FR+UW (Raines), Shelke UW (Setzer), Vincent BT+FR+UW (Raijin) Shiva
>FE50 on Shelke, exhaust her overhead at the start

VII: Aranea BT+FR+UW (Keiss), Cait Sith UW (Setzer), Fujin BT+FR+UW (Seymour) Pandemonium
>FE50 on all three, Fujin FR, Aranea BT finisher into Aranea FR, morph, Fujin BT finisher, Fujin FR, wasted 3 turns for the Seymour call, crystal attack, Aranea BT phase on retain, Cait Sith Summon at a 90% race, Cheer charge the last 10%, then Fujin FR. Ate the first FR attack since Cait provides regen but put Setzer freeze on the second after the form change

Enna Kros's book was the least fun to work out but the rest were pretty good.
>>
>>1368980
That second Fujin FR was Aranea's.
>>
>>1368747
>Still no BTs at 940 G tokens.
No BTs for me either in GL or JP. I think I've only gotten like 2 or 3 FRs as well. It's weird because I used to get like 1 free BT per month or so, and I often used to get the FR for free or within a couple hundred tickets, but when I blew my load for EoS I got a big fat nothing

>>1368757
>IIRC there's a G Token cap
If such a cap exists, it's more than 10,000, which means it's probably at least 99,999, and I don't really think it's feasible to hit that cap. If 3mil+ anon made it to EoS, even he would not reach 99k G tokens
>>
>>1368747
>>1369134
https://old.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/vuagd3/g_tokens_cap_at_1000/
Granted this was a year ago but I do not have evidence or good faith that it was raised.
>>
>>1368980
Nicely done, congrats!
>>
File: 1675873123427136.png (124 KB, 570x279)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>1369180
>but I do not have evidence or good faith that it was raised.
I just told you that the cap, at least for these banners, is over 10k, which means that it's probably 99k, and that is a practically impossible number to feasibly attain (6.25mil gems)
>>
Next batch of fights are live. Tokens persist among the co-op shops, but the rewards are the same. This one's based on Dorgann's LC.
>>
>>1370702
Wait, my bad. They're the Neon ogres, not the Dorgann ones. Weird that we'd get them as a co-op fight after just getting them as a D2D.
>>
Whose costume are you guys getting?
>>
>>1370778
If we're only getting two then I still need to pair it down.
>>
>>1370786
The only costume I ever really wanted wanted was TAY Swolbez, but at the same time I have literally never used him at all
>>
>>1370788
Golbez has been my go to co-op character cause I can press his buttons and hit his BT and the boss will literally do no damage for the rest of the fight, so I'm definitely getting his outfit
>>
>>1370778
Got Ignis' second costume. I was gonna buy it if I pulled his BT when it ran, but didn't. Now that I've tokened it, it makes sense.

Plus, none of the other costumes that I didn't already have appeal to me.
>>
>>1370778
The only one I COULD get, Arciela's.
>>
Five down. Glad I only had to run yellow missions twice. I've said this before, but I find it REALLY hard to form a coherent team using all yellow characters, even though some individual units like Selh'teus, Jessie, Cater, Lightning, etc. are quite good. A lot of them tend to step on each other's roles, and we didn't get upgrades for some of the more generalized units like Ramza, Keiss, or Y'shtola. White's my last crystal color, and now that I've got Jihl's BT it should be a breeze in comparison.
>>
>>1370928
Did you ever buy Sparkles? I don't have 5 maxed yet, but I thought I had collected every single free sparkle that has existed, though then again maybe not
>>
File: 170402383947674668.jpg (341 KB, 2400x1080)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
After two force times they were only down to 41%. I set it to auto after that and it took 3 hours.
>>
>>1370778
Definitely getting Terra's first one. Other one is probably gonna be either one of Celes' or Faris'.
>>1370918
Arciela has a costume?
>>
>>1371176
I did buy one of those 4,000 sparkle packs because I was short on a BT pity or something. But I also fucked up my math and have 1,600 stuck in green that I can't touch, so I shouldn't be TOO far ahead.
>>
>>1371275
I did buy one of those 4,000 sparkle packs because I was short on a BT pity or something.
>so I shouldn't be TOO far ahead.
Whew, glad I didn't miss any. Yeah, only 1 week ahead or so (or around ~2-3k points)
>>
I'm dumb, how do we get the other costume token? I got one from clearing the new Lufenia, is the other one coming next month?
>>
>>1371345
>is the other one coming next month?
Yes.
>>
>>1371387
Cool, thanks! Happy New Year to you and rest of the OO bros.
>>
>>1369516
Hellhouse is down, we're all going to make it.
>>
>>1355683
I liked this game, but it was too much of a hassle to keep up with everything new. Gacha games need to be simple, the moment you need google docs to keep up with your party is the moment your fanbase starts bleeding.
>>
>>1371634
I've tried out dozens of gacha during my time playing DFFOO, looking for anything similiar, and there just isn't. I'm someone who has played every Final Fantasy game, so I know who all of these characters are already, and probably because of that I never felt as if the ~180 roster was ever "too big". Plus, they way that it worked, you only ever actually need to keep track of whoever your favorites are, then then whoever is on banner, which further narrows it down, at least for me anyway. I never felt as if keeping up with anything in this game was too much of a hassle, I never felt as if anything was too complicated, I never felt overwhelmed, and I never felt as if there were too many characters in the roster, and I never felt as if I needed google docs to keep up with anything (possible because it was all already familiar to me, due to having played all the Final Fantasy games)

On the other hand, what I did find to be exhausting and a hassle is the the Genshin-style Chinese gacha shit where you have hundreds of different artifacts because that's literally the only thing you do once you reach endgame; you use your stamina to farm artifacts for the perfect substat lines. That's a hassle. To me, that requires google docs. You spend hours combing through all the artifacts you've farmed, locking whichever ones are "good enough", and then you also have to account for stat line combinations that might be good in the future for a different character, and then you have to level the artifact up to get the extra stat line(s) hoping that one is good, and of course it isn't but you need to keep reexamning your hundreds of artifacts (possible even hundreds in each of the several slots) hoping that you can get the perfect one. That shit to me is a hassle. That shit to me needs a google doc. A complete fucking nightmare, easily the worst, more boring, most "busywork" style endgame in any of the many gachas I've played in this one's lifespan
>>
New weekly reading missions.
I managed to figure out Zack, Caius and Ignis, but I need help finding the last two (the quote about memories and the quote about being a reliable partner).
>>
>>1372546
Reliable partner is Desch. Felt like a trick question because Keiss' Lost Chapter is called A Reliable Partner.

Can't figure out the last one because it could be said by literally anyone at literally any point in Act 2. Gonna need to either brute force it or wait for someone to comb a script dump.
>>
>>1372556
Thanks for that one, guess it's back to the script on the wiki for me then.
Looks like it's...Lyse!
>>
>>1371634
Using video guides and that google doc where people would upload team clears was what I was stuck doing during the lufenia shit. Pretty much every fight I had to follow step by step videos and deal with getting fucked by one single thing or resetting constantly.
This stopped being a problem with the force gauge and with Shinryu, despite my initial fears of it. I no longer used guides and could freely do it with almost the same pairing of units every time. I was not looking forward to the new difficulty, because it looked like they were falling back to orb shit which was just “fuck you if you didn’t pull”.
>>
There's the first of the Nyx fights down, and what a fight it was carrying Jack and Jegran with one of my weaker BT+ Echo characters, good ol' Buttz. Ended up using 3 force times and 43 of the allotted 55 actions. Made a second UW greatsword with the free login cores, might even try upgrading it.
Jegran died two thirds through so I decided to test out the 4th crystal ability, Heal and wow what a massive steroid it gives to the team! You guys should try it out sometime, it's pretty cool.
>>
File: 1000001670.jpg (1.72 MB, 2340x1080)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
Goodbye forever, Hell House. You shall not be missed.
>>
Played this back then when FFBE wasn't a shitty powercreep grindfest. Wasn't DFFOO always kinda more popular than FFBE?
Just can't wrap head around this game shutting down before FFBE.
>>
>>1373518
OO was too generous so people never needed top spend big money on it like they do in BE or other games. They also added in a paid gem cap last year which drove out a lot of the whales the game had in JP. That was pretty the beginning of the end.
>>
>>1373519
>They also added in a paid gem cap last year which drove out a lot of the whales the game had in JP.
My schizo theory is that the paid gem cap is when they found out they were getting the axe. Why would there be any reason to purposely limit the amount of money a person could spend on the game, if it's not out of mercy? Not only that, but it also caused the whales at the time to be unable to purchase even the mogpass. It's pretty much the dumbest decision that I've ever heard of. It can't actually just be a dumb decision, right? That's what I choose to believe anyway, that they knew they were goners and they did the paid gem cap due to that
>>
>>1373523
Nah, that was too long ago. I think I remember hearing that other gachas were introducing a similar cap, presumably due to some sort of anti-gambling legislature. DFFOO got hit harder by it because there was no way to dump your paid currency before the multi-tickets were added since there weren't any paid banners and it uses free gems first.
>>
>>1373526
That's my schizo theory and I'm sticking to it
>>
>>1355683
So are there any other decent gachas left or have they all devolved into purely profitable systems? Even as an FF7 fan, EC is too Jewish to bear.
>>
File: Nyx 1.png (2.83 MB, 1920x1080)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB PNG
Dumping all my Nyx runs (except for 7 since I will do that later)
>>
File: Nyx 2.png (2.64 MB, 1920x1080)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB PNG
>>1374005
>>
File: Nyx 3.png (2.68 MB, 1920x1080)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
>>1374006
>>
File: Nyx 4.png (3.07 MB, 1920x1080)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB PNG
>>1374007
>>
File: Nyx 5.png (3.32 MB, 1920x1080)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB PNG
>>1374009
>>
File: Nyx 6.png (3.09 MB, 1920x1080)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB PNG
>>1374010
I forgot to equip Aerith's BT passive kek
>>
File: 1679354138352903.png (209 KB, 517x736)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>1373542
>are there any other decent gachas
No. There are no good gacha games. This was the only one. I will still shill Buriedbornes as a good phone game, but it's not really a gacha. You buy the classes and abilities and accessories with a currency, but you can farm it infinitely pretty easily. It's a dungeon crawler roguelike type of game with a lot of character customization

Buriedbornes 2 is coming out soon (~3 days), but I don't know anything about it. One of his other games, B100X, basically becomes pay2evenplay after you reach a major milestone dozens of hours into progression, to the point that I just fucking uninstalled it. As long as Buriedbornes 2 stays Buriedbornes and does not become B100X, the BB2 should be good

Alternatively, if you're a gacha fiend and don't want to kick the habit, then Honkai: Star Rail is... not good. It's got typical Chinese jewery in it (double pity + multiple copies + signature weapon whale bait) and it forces you to sit through the not very good story. The gameplay is incredibly shallow and pales in comparison to OO, but it has high production value and is a game that you can actually play (unlike Ever Crisis) that is unlikely to EoS anytime soon. Still, I do not recommend it. Losing a coinflip pity in a stingy game does not feel good, but you might find some charm in it if you're searching. There's also Another Eden, which I also do not recommend, but you can definitely play it. The story is okay. Some of the character quests are actually really good. The music is also good. But you're essentially taking on a gacha game that is more or less a single-player MMO in terms of scope of things to do in the game. A monumental undertaking. Power creep is pretty huge, meaning if you pull any current character you will probably 1 shot everything for 100+ hours. Another Eden seems to be approaching the end of its lifespan though, but in terms of quality JRPG I'd recommend it over Honkai (but I'd recommend quitting gacha first)
>>
>>1373542
FEH is okay.
>>
>>1373542
There's a private Dragalia Lost server. No spending or anything, everything is free. They're totally okay with letting players hack the game to get infinite currency and everything. They've got all of the content, stories, event and multi-player coops up from before the game went EoS. If you never played it and want a gacha, it's worth checking out until you've played through everything.

Another Eden is pretty solid. It's basically just a turn-based JRPG, and the free characters are strong enough to clear everything but a handful of optional superbosses. Several of the storylines (like the Song of Swords and Wings of Lost Paradise) are extremely good, and one of the best stories I've read in a gacha game. Also all of the content in the game is permanent so if you start now you can still check everything out. I'd recommend picking up, playing for a few days and seeing if you like it or not. They did just introduce a controversial new system that's pushing some FOMO last month, but I think it's worth checking out and seeing if you like it or not.
>>
>>1374014
Nicely done bro!
I'm thinking of finally getting Zack's burst for my Hell House run since I think the boss was meant to shill him and Aerith. Is Zack enough to keep everyone alive through its bullshit?
>>
Nyx:
I: Ardyn BT+FRUW (Raines) Cor FR+UW (Keiss unused) Eight UW (Rem) Bahamut unused
>I would use a Lenna call or something against the mBrv down

II: Selhteus BT+FR+UW (Raines) Layle UW (Shantotto) Prishe UW (Amidatelion unused) Pandemonium
>Couldn't make turn count with Iroha and Fang so I messed around. It could be easier to use Jessie or someone and skip Selhteus entirely but he was free.

III: Reno BT+FR+UW (Rem) Kelgar BT+FR+UW (Lenna) Brothers unused
>Temporary until I see how Soulcage pans out

IV: Cater BT+FR+UW (Rem unused) Brothers

V: Yuffie BT+FR+UW (Raines) Lilisette FRUW (Yuna) Maria FRUW (Keiss) Brothers
>They are not immune to [Snakewound] but it only does about 5000 hp per attack. Lilisette's FR held its own here.

VI: Aeris BT+FR+UW (Keiss) Astos BT+FR+UW (Raines) Arciela FR+ (Lenna) Brothers
>Reks seems rather good here too for both mitigation and damage but I didn't have his FR to get the extra 20%. Arciela's silence will block the Force Attack but not the threshold attacks. Two threshhold attacks in a row wiped Aeris's BT overhead in phase 2.

VII: Zack BT+FR+UW (Raines) Rosa FR+UW (Vanille) Kadaj FR+UW (Sazh) Brothers
>FE50 on all. 5 Force times, one echo. Barely made turn count but no major problems.

BTs for Aeris, Astos, Selhteus acquired after EOS notice. II, III, and VI have really low turn allowances. VII, V, and IV are locked in but the rest may change depending on Eos.
>>
>>1374399
It likes to ignore Zack's taunt. If you can keep it from acting during forcetime then his overhead and his party FR shield both can keep people alive. However it gains rainbow damage during forcetime and all bets are off.
>>
Nyx #2 down, I'm really taking my time with these since I have all month.
It's the Selh'teus fight so I could bring Crystal Boy and have him carry hard like back when he came out. This meant I got to finally use my little DaVinci's BT and bust out my bro Sabin one last time (SO disappointed I never got to experience his BT/echo/rework on global). Sabin's delays helped but man, it was tragic seeing just how bad Relm's BT is in practice. At least it was an easy win and I could find room for my faves. Next is Iris' fight, I'll see if I can squeeze in my guy, Guy.
>>1374478
Thanks, sounds tricky. Maybe I should just use Beatrix there like another anon said, though I kind of wanted to save her for her own fight, I think it's boss #18? Should be in the next batch.
Looking ahead to the second memorial boss, they're suggesting we use Zack's FR vs Safer Sephiroth, think he's better saved for that? While I'm forcing my faves in these easier fights, I plan to go all out on the three uberbosses of this D2D so I don't mind burning anyone big for those.
>>
>>1374399
Zack's BT pretty much invalidates his attacks as long as you can keep it up through the fight. His FR also cancels the enemy's Force Time so you don't have to deal with his rainbow bullshit. But because of how much health it has, you need to space them out. I wouldn't use his BT until he's less than 50% in his first phase. Beat him to Force Time with a character that's easy to boost the multiplier for, then use Zack to cancel his next FT. Don't use Zack's Echoes. You can probably kill him in three Force Times if you're not babysitting anyone, but you don't want him going into FT with no way to cancel it right at the very end.

The Crystal Ability Heal is a HUGE help here. I thought that trying to use Crystal Ability Reflect paired with Zack's BT aura might be funny, but in the end I didn't have the balls to try.
>>
Onto DE13, fellas.
>>
>Still only allowed one UW dismantle per month

I guess it's kinda silly to worry about when I currently have 14 5/5 Ultima Weapons (thought it might be nice to have 2 swords, greatswords, and uniques), but it comes off as an oversight to me.
>>
>>1374399
>Is Zack enough to keep everyone alive through its bullshit?
Zack is supposed to redirect all AoE damage to himself, and he's immortal with BT effect, but I recall Zack's gimmick not working for Hell House's threshold attacks way back when. I can't remember if it was during my own run or if it was during co-op, but I remember still losing HP during thresholds even with Zack's BT up
>>
There's Nyx #3 down. This one was the first one to actually annoy me with the very low action count and enemy force time not letting me carry my guy Guy through, subbing him out for another fave, Cloud, instead. Now to plan my Lunafreya team as the next one is her FR fight.
>>
>>1375910
Just a heads-up, Cater absolutely destroys that fight if you don't mind locking her to it.
>>
>>1375919
Neat, thanks for the tip! I'm thinking of using Luna, Terra and WoL for it, mostly to use my shiny new Terra costume I got with the token and give WoL one last kick at the can. If I end up needing any of those for the last set of fights, I'll go back and replace the squad with Cater.
>>
And there it is, Nyx #4 down. My bro WoL completely neutered Ultimecia's cutting in turn order and spamming huge magic attacks; nobody took a single point of damage. I'll never forget how a team of WoL, Vayne and Porom completely solved the Cosmos meta and could beat any boss until Lufenia forced me to think about teambuilding again. And finally, green Terra! I wish they could've made it so she kept her trance model until her BT effect wore off. Aranea's fight is up next so I should be able to carry my beaver bro.
>>
>>1376539
As long as you have a way to guarantee crits, those guys are easy. I forgot to screencap it, but I used Prompto in my party, so I'm sure Guy will be fine.
>>
Lost the will to play even with the bonuses. I did finally fill out one crystal room though. Not sure why they’re still stingy with FR when we’ve got a month left.
>>
>2 accounts (GL/JP)
>a free 10+1 pull every day on both accounts
>3% chance to get a BT
>more than 60 of these rolls total (30x2)
>zero BTs, only like 3 FRs
It's weird that this game's banners felt like 10x more generous prior to EoS
>>
>>1377831
There's way too much stuff on these banners, it's gonna make getting the more rare stuff even more difficult than usual, nevermind the stuff one doesn't have already (especially if you have been playing for a good while).
>>
>>1377831
Same, haven't gotten a single BT and I've pulled every day. It's insane.
>>
>>1377895
>it's gonna make getting the more rare stuff even more difficult than usual
That's not how percentages work. A 10+1 pull is just 3% to get a BT (on the +1 pull). Statistically, I should have gotten 2 by now (or, more accurately, one on each account), and yet I have gotten none. In fact, my FR pull rate is closer to what my BT pull rate should statistically be
>>
>>1366456
>SE announced they're shutting down DQ Tact global on the same day as OO, Feb 29
Finally. I'm more sad for this one thanks to character interactions, DQ Tact was just a massive middle finger of a campaign that got bloated with events to make you ignore that it never got updated, and when it did, at a snail's pace for the most "mcguffin x 5, do it here, there, repeat" plot possible.

(I just wanted Malini to join us so much DQT bros........)
>>
>>1376801
Same. There's not even any point in doing the daily because the cactuar tokens are pretty much worthless if you already have all EXs and LDs. If they had just put FR tokens and bumped up the amount of BT tokens to a stack of 10, it would be worth doing again.

They set this EoS period up in a way that fucks over longtime players who actually kept up with content. If you start a new account now you can easily max everything with the literal millions of free gems. The only downside is you wouldn't have enough time to complete the crystal rooms if you start over now.

Also, the weekly reading characters are Kimahri, Cid, Lulu, OK, and CoD.
>>
There's Nyx #5 down, and I got to rep my boy Guy one last time. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only Guy fan, he's a good lad. Got to green Ardyn and give his BT+ a try too, shame he didn't get echo. Now I'm face to face with Hell House and I'm gonna save Zack for Safer Sephiroth (just bought his BT with tokens) and use Beatrix as my tank vs Hell House instead, as >>1363455 suggested. For my others, I guess I could Aerith to still have a representative of who this fight was for and for my third...Garnet maybe? She's got lightning like Beatrix so there should be some synergy there.
>>1378132
>spoiler
Nice, I guessed all of those right except the last one.
>>
>>1378132
Gotta admit, I was really hoping that the co-op shops would add more things like FR and BT Tokens the closer we got to EoS, but it's been pretty stingy once you dump all your gems. There's still some BTs I want to play around with, namely Queen, Leo, and Ursula, but it's starting to look like I won't be able to since I still need to worry about clearing D2D and Arciela, Leonora, and Lenna would be more useful.
>>
>>1378611
There is still an ever so slight chance that the 50+1 pull in February is daily
>>
Speaking of not getting a single BT in these banners...
I finally got one, and, as I already knew was gonna happen, it was one I already have, and that I'm not even interested in maxing out.
Such is life.
>>
I got a fair amount of BTs off of gem pulls on top of the tokens. More than two costumes would be nice though.
>>
Guess I'm the only one who's been pulling every day and still no BTs, bloody hell.
>>
>>1380209
I've gotten 3 so far, and 2 of them were dupes, and the last one was Layle who feels about as old as his last rebalance, it hasn't gotten me anything particularly useful, I might try to use him as a filler slot in a D2D though just because he's here
>>
>>1380209
I got one dupe and that's it. For months up until the EoS announcement I had a LONG streak where I couldn't pull any BTs and had to pity/token everything I wanted, and it looks like that streak's lasting until the end.
>>
>>1380209
I've been pulling every day on 2 accounts and I still have not gotten a BT. Meanwhile during the real game, I only played one account and I got a BT on the free pulls like once per month. I feel like the daily banner is half rate (like the previous similar style banner were) but the listed rate is full rate
>>
And with this, I have finally finished all the Crystal Rooms.
>>
Wow, now THAT is the Safer Sephiroth fight I've been wanting from this game since that Lufenia+. It was a neat back and forth going in blind. Weiss had his buffs cleansed without me realizing, making the first FT an uphill climb. Kadaj and Zack were both absurdly useful here for some nice poetic justice. I noticed that he had way less health than Ultimecia, but then Light Shines In happened and I thought that would be it until I saw how much damage I was doing. All the barriers and Heartless Angels were minor roadblocks that felt satisfying to tear through, and I got to end it with Meteor Shots to bring my HP back over the threshold. One of my favorite fights in the game- up there with Paladin Cecil's BT/LD debut and the Bhunivelze rerun with boosted health.

D2D Nyx locks:
>1: Jack, Balthier, Lilisette
>2: Rosa, Mog, Ashe
>3: Iris, Rinoa, Noctis
>4: Cater
>5: Aranea, Yuffie, Prompto
>6: Paine, Reks, Aerith
>7: Zack, Weiss, Kadaj

Lost some heavies in this batch, but I've still got plenty more.
>>
>>1380590
Nice, I'll be there next week!
>>1380601
Congrats on your clears! Yeah, I've noticed even if I go all out on the last 7 fights, I won't be able to fit in all my favourites and "strong" characters.
I've been making up my own teams for each fight so far, but I think I'd like to steal this team for Safer Sephiroth if you don't mind. It looks a lot of fun and I have all those characters built except for Kadaj, who'll likely be the last BT I buy from the token shop.
>>
>>1380789
If you do end up copying my team, replace my freeze calls with buff calls like Hope and Sazh. He can't dispel your buffs if you have more than 12 active, so you can avoid having Weiss get shafted. I didn't end up needing the freezes anyway since Zack's BT aura didn't even come close to expiring with D3 and D6 active. Good luck!
>>
File: nyx 7.png (2.81 MB, 1920x1080)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
>>1374014
should have posted this, like, a week ago
>>
File: 1680397785261040.png (1.6 MB, 1920x1080)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
No fucking way. I almost can't even believe it
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.36 MB, 1920x1080)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
>>1382202
I purchased this BT using BT tokens about a week ago, otherwise this would have been really fucking cool
>>
The Hell House is finally dead! Super safe run but I was getting worried about the turn count near the end. They packed so much hp into this thing. Now I just have Safer Sephiroth left.
>>1380875
Thanks for the tips, should come in handy tomorrow!
>>1382202
>>1382203
Damn. Well, at least you got one. I'm sitting here with no BTs from any of the draws.

As for this week's reading quests, the ones I've found are Locke, Aphmau, Gau and Cid Raines.
I'm stumped on the "master and pupil" one. I've tried Leonora, Ursula, Sabin and Noel, all the ones that I think would fit.
>>
>>1382203
If it makes you feel better, the same just happened to me.
>>
Oh what the actual fuck? I almost beat Safer Sephiroth but he got his second force time so he heals all damage taken. I start a force time with Kadaj, use Zack's last echo to cancel enemy force time like I did the first time and...nothing happens. It doesn't cancel. This is bullshit of the highest order, what went wrong? Oh wait, I see it now...I couldn't put a buff on Weiss with Zack's FR because Hope call gave Weiss two framed buffs. Fug.
>>
Phew, and there we go. What a battle. Using Crystal Ability - Heal to fully restore and supercharge the party to the tune of The Sound of Freedom just before killing Sephiroth felt damn good. Guess I'm done for the month, big thanks again to >>1380875!
Oh yeah, aren't we actually getting some stuff for anniversary on the 31st, too? Might just be the 50+1 guaranteed draw though. At least I'll finally pull a BT for the first time since a while before EoS was announced, haha...
>>
File: 1000001409.jpg (1.12 MB, 2400x1080)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Jesus fuck! Finally something I didn't already have.
>>
I actually got ANOTHER BT

It was Tifa's which I swear I have gotten for free every time it has come around
>>
Well shit, I actually got it. Ciaran's FR is the only one I missed that I still kinda wanted, since I had his BT already. Can't wait to not use him in D2D.
>>
Finally combed through the script to find the last weekly story mission. The "teacher and pupil" was said by Iroha.
Does anyone have the names of the last 7 bosses coming out next month? Figured I might get started on planning out my last teams.
>>
>>1385514
Floating Eyes (Kain's FR boss)
Cloud of Darkness
Soulcage
Ultima
Behemoth guest-starring Jihl
Neo Exdeath
Shinryu Transcendence
>>
>>1385540
Thanks! I hope the Shinryu fight isn't too restrictive 'cause I've been saving Tifa and Leo for it. Not sure which top tier support I'll take as my third, probably Lenna.
>>
>>1385540
There was a Soulcage Shinryu? I don't remember it. The Kain rerun might be pretty tough like the Braska's Final Aeon one was. I remember it being pretty tough even though I had Kain's BT/FR so giving it more health could make it tricky.
>>
Man. It was pretty annoying to have to upgrade a character from zero to current as the events released, but it was bearable. Upgrading an entire team from zero to current is so exhausting I'd rather just quit out of the game

>>1385598
>I don't remember it
It was the Beatrix fight
sorry bro I fucked up the reply
>>
>>1385540
well Behemoth, Floating Eyes and Neo Exdeath are mostly free, so I can just have to plan around the rest, some of those fights are real bastards though, Cloud of Darkness was a rough one, luckily I'll have max crystal level by then and can use that absolutely busted last skill to brute force things
>>
>>1385622
I don't remember Beatrix's IW at all. It looks pretty restrictive too and unfortunately I already locked Beatrix to the Ultimecia Memorial and Reks to Hell House, so I'm not interested in pulling them off. Hopefully Lightning and Garnet can make quick work of it. Hell, it could be time for Desch and Krile to save the day.
>>
>>1385628
>pretty restrictive
I mean, non-elemental works, so it's fine
>>
>max out my crystal rooms
>Josh crosses my mind
>google "SQEX_Joshua"
>he is screeching about "P*lworld" on Twitter
I don't know what I expected to find, but that certainly wasn't it
>>
Oh shit, it finally happened! Dupe, of course. There is no way the rates are fucked on the free daily 10+1, how many days has it been so far?
Aw fuck, I messed up and forgot to take a screenshot in my excitement. I got Shantotto's BT from the daily draw.
>>
>>1386445
Palworld making twitterfags seethe just like Hogwarts last year kek
>>
>>1387008
QRD on the drama? All I know is I saw a guy review it and he seemed to love it, and my 2 irl friends who've played it are having a blast.
>>
>>1387124
From Josh's tweets (and my own knowledge of gaming sociopolitical culture in 2024):
>Palworld released
>people like it, it's successful, maybe even "viral"
>of course, because something new is popular people seek for ways to shit on it
>CEO or director of company has previously supported generative AI
>people speculate that Palworld monsters are """asset lifts""" of Pokemon (they clearly are not)
>further (more believable) speculation that Palworld monsters were possibly inspired by the use of generative AI trained on existing Pokemon
>if that wasn't enough, there is the Twitter-esque moral grandstanding disavowing the use of AI in any capacity, even secondarily as inspiration, which is really no different than whenever anyone is inspired by anything (everything is still speculation btw)
>gaming devs begin to get involved in an Elden Ring style (if you remember that) where now game devs are joining the Palworld hate bandwagon because it just can't be this good, they are cheating somehow, people can't really like this you didn't do enough work, now games that people actually like are going to be expected how dare you, etc etc

Like anything that originates from Twitter, it is bourn via unfiltered, untreated severe mental illness that seems to develop into some sort of mass psychosis, and should be disregarded as the insanity that it is
>>
>>1387124
>>1387157
I forgot to add that there is also a significant "Tendie" vested interest in shitting on Palworld because it "stole from Pokemon". The same people who say this have been shitting on every Pokemon that came after Black and White 2, and they wish Pokemon was Palworld
>>
>>1387157
>>1387159
Nta, but I honestly tought it was just another "oh my god the new "x" killer is here" kind of deal, didn't really expect it to be that much of a fuss.
I did see some stuff about them using AI or something but didn't pay it much mind (since I'm frankly tired of the whole debate) but that's about it.
>>
File: Dinossom.png (72 KB, 430x430)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>1387157
I swear this entire thing has brought out the worst on both sides
>one side goes AI is bad
>yeah well some Gen 1 designs vaguely resemble DQ monsters so it's totally fine
>the only people upset about this are Pokemon fans mad that something else is successful
I've hated GF forever and have no stake in their business but if they're gonna make these things as creatively bankrupt as possible then I'm gonna call it as such regardless, I mean look at this shit, you can pinpoint the exact things they took from various mons
>>
>>1387362
The thing that can be sure is that Twitter only cares because Palworld is popular. What can also be sure is that Nintendo will sue and/or issue a cease and desist if they believe they have any case at all. I wonder if "this Palmon looks like a hodgepodge of these different Pokemon" is enough to win a case. Actually, I don't wonder that at all, but that is something that we will potentially see, and then afterwards everyone can go home and be right or wrong about it, officially
>>
>>1387366
>will
lol
>>
>>1387372
>potentially
lol!
>>
I finally got all five weekly reading quests figured out on my own without having to look at the script!
This week it's Enna Kros, Seymour, Cissnei, Terra, Leon.
>>1387157
>>1387159
Thanks for the qrd, it's even dumber than I expected. Glad I don't engage with twitterfags.
>>
File: pokeoops.png (22 KB, 959x114)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>1387157
>>1387159
the pokemon company themselves are shitting on them and intend to take legal action lmao

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-pokemon-company-makes-an-official-statement-on-palworld-we-intend-to-investigate
>>
>>1388293
I don't care and I will never care. Like I said, this will either get played out legally and then everyone can be right or wrong about it officially, or Nintendo's lawyers will determine they have no case (which will indirectly give the W to Palworld). Given how sue-happy Nintendo is and how aggressively they pursue their IPs, this PR statement was bound to happen
>>
File: why mage.png (466 KB, 443x618)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
Square Enix concluding another mobage, huh..
>>
Almost time for anniversary, haha...
>>
>>1391912
One last 50+1 draw... At least I hope I get a new BT.
>>
I'm still holding out for the hope that the 50+1 is a daily thing
>>
Any chance we get one last stream?
>>
>>1392879
I think in Josh's plebbit post he said it was possible, but I doubt it. There's no further update to the game, so I don't even know what would be said in it besides "thank you" I knew something was fishy when there was no ~Thanksgiving stream
>>
>>1392879
It doesn't look like Josh's Square Enix twitter handle is active anymore, so I doubt it. I'm guessing everyone got cut loose aside from maybe one or two guys making sure the scheduled updates go through.
>>
>no daily reset
Am I tripping? Maybe they're pushing the update tonight?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-3q5ldWiI
Final Chapter Preview.

I'm just so disappointed how they left the GL players hanging and didn't even let us play through the ending of the game. Especially when GL players kept spending money even after JP players stopped.
>>
At least the dupe was an old one that I didn't token, but no FRs stung a little.
>>
>Aerith dupe
>full pitied it on the last day of her first banner
>literally never used it
>still haven't

>>1394189
Honestly, I think GL got the better EoS. In JP, there is fucking nothing to do, and the co-ops have been omega braindead easy mode nothing fights. It has been the FFIV CPUs and the fight with Ultimecia and the coeurl, and they haven't even been scaled up so they die in like 2 turns. That's a good thing if you're farming, but GL has been getting the better co-op fights for the sake of the fight. GL also gets D2D, and say what you want about D2D, but in my opinion that was the only content that was actually fun since Shinryu debuted. Outside of D2D, the only fun things have been like that one CoD 6 man fight and the Crevasse we got. I wish we had gotten more Crevasse, but out of the things GL did actually receive, D2D was the only actually fun thing that made you look at your roster at all, and JP never got it, and JP still doesn't have it. JP's entire EoS is just the chapters they are getting which GL is not. They don't have anything at all in the game to do other than to play the newest chapter fight one time

Granted, I wish GL had been caught up to JP. That would have been a 10/10 EoS if GL got bombarded with all the shit that JP has but that GL didn't have yet, and then we got to play all of it in GL with all the new toys and new stages and then *also* got D2D.... but I'm on a tangent now. I'm a gameplay fag not a story fag, so for me GL has had the much better EoS, and I actually kinda feel bad for JP because they have all the extra stuff but nothing to do with it. They also don't get 9k crystal points each week, they only only get 6k. Ideally GL would have gotten both, but if we can only have one I'd unironically pick D2D
>>
>>1394401
Ehh, I would have rather gotten to experience the story. I haven't bothered to log in to OO since they announced EoS. I got a couple of BTs for characters I hadn't finished maxing, played around with them for an hour and then haven't re-opened the app. If we were getting more story content I'd be thrilled to play through it, but as is, there's not really any point in logging in just to do some co-op fights.
>>
>>1394405
>there's not really any point in logging in just to do some co-op fights.
...the D2D? But if you're just a story guy I guess that wouldn't interest you
>>
>>1394409
I cleared all the D2D content when it was coming out, but I was mostly playing OO for the story and character interactions. Doing D2D now just feels empty, and I'd rather spend my time on other games.
>>
>just finished building Celes after getting her BT randomly a few days ago, thinking of using her for a future D2D
>do 50+1 today
>Celes BT
well fuck me for expecting anything nice, I guess
>>
Yeah, only got Noel's FR and Vivi's BT, both dupes. RIP. Not even repeatable and no G Tokens. Why so stingy right at the very end?
>>
>>1394437
because it's very clear they've already moved everyone off of this project and either onto other ones or just laid off entirely, and what we have now is a skeleton crew making sure the game functions until the plug gets pulled
>>
Happy 6th anniversary OObros. A shame SE doesn't give a fuck about those still playing until the end.
>>
>No FRs
>BT was a dupe
Yeah, getting fucked in the ass until the last banner.
>>
>1 FR
>1 BT
>both dupes
I'm not even surprised, nor mad, nor dissapointed even, at this point I just don't feel anything...
Was good while it lasted I guess...
>>
Happy 6th anniversary! Got an Ara FR dupe, some other FR dupe I can't remember 'cause I did this pull last night, and my BT was a Rem dupe. Tomorrow, our final battle begins.
>>1394189
Do we know when global will be uploading the translated story content we didn't get to youtube? After Feb 29 maybe?
>>
>last co-op is soulcage
Well, guess I'm not farming anything else. Fuck that.
>>
>>1395323
it's forcing me to use a Thunder unit just to do literally anything and I don't like that
>>
>>1395323
>>1395344
Bros, your A5 passive? Your Beatrix?
>>
>>1395345
I did a run without Thunder in the base Shinryu to see if it was doable with just A5 buffing up my hit numbers with just 1 damage and it was, but it was so fuckin slow so I guess I'm just gonna be forced to bring Beatrix for this, part of why I liked these was that I could bring basically anything as long as it had echo and it would work out and that's took a hit at first with the ogres wanting fire and now this
>>
>>1395348
>that's took a hit at first with the ogres wanting fire and now this
You're forgetting that neither one of these fights punish non-elemental damage. Soulcage is more hard locked into Thunder or non-elemental, but Ogre doesn't even specifically want Fire, and functionally it only punished Ice, Thunder, and Water, and even then because most teams have at least one counter unit on them, hitting them with those attacks was beneficial for the team

Anyway, for me I like figuring out who the exact optimal character is for each fight (since they're a fucking month long), and for the Ogres it was Cor with a Lunafreya call, which is distinctly not Fire
>>
For this week's story quests, I figured out the first three are Lunafreya, Krile and Raijin.
I can't figure out the "If I lose control, it should be my brother who stops me..." and "(I never wanted to be apart from you again, but...thanks to that, I know how I feel.)"
I tried Golbez for the former and Iris for the latter, but no dice.
>>
Turns out the "brother" quote is Kadaj, found out while using him on the co-op Shinryu just now.
>>
>>1396043
The second quote is probably Squall, since he's the only one to have internal monologues like that in this game. I don't have the game open to check, though.
>>
>>1396043
I thought the last one is Snow or Serah.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3 MB, 2160x1080)
3 MB
3 MB PNG
Saw a reddit post where a guy tries to parse what happens in the final story chapter:

As I can't fluently speak or read Japanese, the exact happenings are sort of in the air, but from what I witnessed, all minor characters were sent "home" at the beginning of part two with only the main protags, Spiritus, and Materia exploring barren wasteland. Each battle throughout the second half of the chapter took place in a different setting, via torsion, until we reached Garland at the end, bartering with the purple/black Crystal for his final wish.

It devolves into a two wave Lufenia/Re-Shinryu against Garland in a giant "Amano-esque" form, only to have a cutscene between waves once the giant falls, ending in a one-on-one with Warrior of Light and Garland in his normal form. Think along the lines of the Cloud vs Sephiroth fight from FF7 after defeating Safer.

After the 1v1 (on Omnia Rust), Garland destroys the black Crystal and turns to dust, turning their current world into an unstable, spasming time bomb. The main protags pull out their own crystals, similar to Dissidia 012's ending, having WoL use them to recreate Materia and Spiritus' blue and red crystals, recreating balance as the remaining protagonists seemingly head back into their own worlds if they survived their own game's quest or the afterlife if not.

WoL stays behind with the gods, with them eventually sending him out to a field reminiscent of Primus Island. He passes a flowery field with the other cast's world specific flowers and the cutscene ends as he walks past the screen.

The Arc 4 world map completely regains color and the screenshot that I posted flashed.
>>
>>1396589
And a few, cool corrections about the mechanics of the final battle that wouldn't fit the word limit of the above post:

The second fight in the Lufenia stage isn't a WoL only fight, it's actually a solo fight with a character of your choosing. When you get the first wave to 1% HP, you have to choose one of your three party members. Then they get massively buffed to deal a final blow to the first boss.

Then in the second fight, the character you chose will get to 1v1 Garland. They'll even be properly placed in the middle of the stage rather than off to the right like they would be in a regular solo run.
>>
File: Eos 1 and 2.jpg (806 KB, 3200x720)
806 KB
806 KB JPG
Eos fights #1 and #2 down, five bosses left in this game!
The first one was Kain's Shinryu, the first one ever, so I had to bring him back. Once I remembered hp poison and paralysis under 50% hp was their gimmick, I added Rosa for healing and at that point, might as well go full FFIV and buy my man Fusoya's BT, the 2nd last BT that I really wanted and had to skip. This squad made it a joke of a fight, done in Kain's first force time and the enemies barely moved thanks to constant Fusoya paralysis lock. Have a taste of your own medicine!
Fight #2 was Onion Kid's big fight vs CoD at the end of the previous Act. One of the most memorable fights in the game, I wanted to let OK shine just once before going into oblivion. The fight turned out to be longer, harder and more interesting than I expected because of 2 huge mistakes on my part.
First, in a hilarious twist of fate, I entered Ignis' BT phase, got a couple attacks off, and crossed a threshold causing CoD to blind the party. Turns out Iggy's Total Clarity attack doesn't have perfect accuracy, because he started missing left and right and the 1 turn blind debuff wouldn't go away because it was his burst phase!
And second, when CoD entered her last force time, it was finally Onion Kid's big moment. Only he could cancel it afaik. Sure he doesn't have an echo or force boards, but at this point I just needed him to kick off one last force time. Turns out, I never MLB'd his FR weapon so he didn't have a force attack equipped at all! It was fine though, we battled through to the end and took home the win.
>>1396121
Found it now, turns out it's Garnet!

And if anyone could put up a fully built Iris and share code so I can cheese Cactuar Cacophony without hours of Ultiquina cheese, I'd appreciate it.
>>
File: Image_1706917582900.jpg (1.48 MB, 1790x1080)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
I decided to do stage 4 first since I was worried Soulcage would give me problems. Luckily, Setzer and Arciela were back to ignore boss mechanics yet again.

Seymour is so much fun. Can't believe there was a time when I didn't even want him to get a Burst. I just wish that we had more time to play around with him now that the last Crystal Room ability is available, since it lets him skip that awkward windup phase that made him a pain to use in Shinryu.

>>1396623
May as well. I'll set her passives to U3, D3, and D6 since I assume you just want her to guage charge and then take advantage of her BT aura. Let me know if you want that changed. ID is 461148812
>>
DON'T MESS WITH THE DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE!
>>
>>1396590
Ludokino
>>
Well, turns out Shinryu's kind of a pussy. Granted, not much can stand up to this team, but compared to Ultimecia and Sephiroth, that was a bit anticlimactic. Final roster:

>Astraues
1- Rubicante. 2- Braska, Yuna, Auron. 3- Shantotto, Golbez, Iroha. 4- Enna, Decil, Hope. 5- Minwu, Maria, Freya. 6- Seven, Tifa, Lenna. 7- Reno, Snow, Beatrix

>Nyx
1- Jack, Balthier, Lilisette. 2- Rosa, Mog, Ashe. 3- Iris, Rinoa, Noctis. 4- Cater. 5-Aranea, Yuffie, Prompto. 6- Paine, Reks, Aerith. 7- Zack, Weiss, Kadaj.

>Eos
1- Kain, Laguna, Penelo. 2- Onion Knight, Cissnei, Nabaat. 3- Vaan, Neon, Jessie. 4- Seymour, Arciela, Setzer. 5- THE POSSE. 6- Kelger. 7- Selh'teus, Ignis, Astos.

Didn't end up using some heavy hitters like WoL, Dorgann, Leonora (even though I just traded for her BT), Cloud, Quina, Papalymo, or Deuce. Didn't even end up using my favorite character, Zidane. I could go for another set.
>>
File: fuck yeah.png (409 KB, 720x480)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>>1396685
>I'll set her passives to U3, D3, and D6 since I assume you just want her to guage charge and then take advantage of her BT aura.
Nah, it's so I can double Iris EX spam to ping-pong Astos' busted damage and repeatedly double it to kill the cactuar in a 4 turn count with Bahamut summon. A2 so she can do more chain damage is actually probably the best for her as Fujin is the third party member in this strat.
>Let me know if you want that changed. ID is 461148812
Thanks bro! Gotta sleep, but I'll bully the cactus tomorrow with your help.
>mfw we're already friends
>>
>>1397104
Got it. I set her to A2, A5, and A6.
>>
>finally finished all the D2D's tonight
>don't feel happy afterwards
>just kind of emotional now
>until I realized I had never gotten done Shiva and Ramuh's spiritus fights
well there goes my moment, I guess I gotta go back and kill those dumb bosses that always gave me trouble back then, you know in hindsight I'm surprised they didn't pull any spiritus bosses into this last D2D
>>
>>1397258
Shiva Spiritus is one of the very few fights in the game that I think is bullshit, but it's only the random double Petrify that fucks that fight up. It's still annoying without the Petrify, but the Petrify is what turns it into a shit fight imo. Ramuh was never difficult. I duo'd it with Cor and Minwu I think, back when Ramuh Spiritus was in the D2D
>>
What the fuck? Why is he allowed to do his suicide drop during my BT phase?
>>
File: 1681147325763168.jpg (1.39 MB, 2400x1080)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>1397576
Phone app ate my image. Twice.
>>
>>1397574
>>1397579
>Hell House still catches people with that
he's a fucker, that's why
>>
>>1397574
>>1397579
If you still have Beatrix, she fucking owns Hell House
>>
Finally dumped my EoS gems, the last 60k I had to my name. Went all in on the IV/XIV/FFCC banner because that's where I was missing the most BTs.
Got zero BTs and only a single FR: an Ursula FR dupe (already had hers since it was released and it was MLB'd). Yup, that's about how the gacha crumbles. At least I got enough G tokens to grab another BT. I'm still missing
Firion
Pecil
Golbez
Ceodore
Ursula
Dorgann
Vincent
Jessie
Reno
Cissnei
Laguna
Vivi
Braska
Seymour
Paine
Iroha
Ashe
Reks
Gabranth
Nabaat
Yda
Papalymo
Deuce
Cieran
Yuri
Layle

I think I'll grab Dorgann since he was the last on my list of faves that I didn't have. Though I'm also a bit curious about trying out Papalymo to see what the hype was about.
It looks like to cancel Shinryu' force time, you need to use a magic FR that also applies a buff to the whole party. Which FRs do that? Still trying to figure out my final team. I know I wanna use my gal Tifa vs this single target boss, and I really wanna use Leo but apparently the boss will turn skip if I delay him 2 turns with Leo's skill 2, which makes me mad.
>>
>>1398302
The last D2D is a repeat of Transcendence Final, so Setzer is the main shill unit. Beatrix, Hope, Deuce, and I think Rosa are other characters that can break his Force Time. That said, his gauge empties out every time he changes waves, so as long as you save a summon phase in case you drop your Force Time, you shouldn't have to worry about it.
>>
Nyx III: Queen BT+FR+ (unused) Machina BT+FRUW (Raines) Ignis BT+FR+UW (unused) Ramuh
>I liked this run more than the previous.

Baseline all crystal abilities and stats, guts and launch retain on all colors.
Queen, Ignis, Deuce, Lenna, Ashe, Lightning, Rem BTs acquired after EOS notice.

Eos:
I: Noel BT+FR+UW (Raines) Lenna BT+FR+UW (Rem unused) Noctis BT+FR+UW (Keiss) Alexander
>Huge max hp buffer kept the force poison away from the damage requirement.

II: Galuf UW (Yuna unused) Rydia FRUW (Paine) Faris FRUW (unused) Bahamut
>The start of this fight is very boring and I burned the 20% crystal gravity around 90% just to reach the attack stage for Rydia's FR.

III: Rem BT+FR+UW (Raijin) Lightning BT+FR+UW (Raines) Ashe BT+FRUW (Keiss) Brothers
>No followup because I wanted to try Rem's BT. Only used one basic crystal attack, FE50 on Lightning.

IV: Beatrix FR+UW (unused) Kelgar BT+FR+UW (Vanille) Reno BT+FR+UW (unused) Brothers
>This team killed half of all the Shinryu fights I didn't care about. No delay passives.

V: Raines BT+FR+UW (Keiss) Dorgann BT+FR+UW (Fujin unused) Iris BT+FR+UW (Bartz) Brothers
>This team killed the other half. I'm surprised they never put out any wind or break resistant bosses after Dorgann. FE50 on Iris and I burned the 20% crystal gravity right off the bat.

VI: Ace BT+FR+UW (Raines) Deuce BT+FR+UW (Keiss) Iroha BT+FRUW (Setzer) Brothers
>The Behemoth needs to be targeted by the force attack. Iroha's BT true damage on the traps helped get through their shields. I got them down to just above 20 before they used their first force attack, so I used the crystal gravity to cut things short, though there was enough time to kill them legitimately.

VII: Quina BT+FR+UW (unused) Tifa BT+FR+UW (Raines) Setzer BT+FR+UW (Seymour) Brothers
>Sloppier than the original run because I held back echoes, ate the freeze on the last intimidation. Used Crystal heal before the Burst phase after it nuked everyone into guts. No problems.
>>
>>1398373
Thanks! I still have Setzer free so I should be good to go.
>>1398488
Nicely done, congrats!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.93 MB, 1159x1742)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB PNG
hey lads sorry to interrupt but would you guys be interested in having a character to represent this thread in /vmg/'s 4cc team? Like a funny character or a meme or if anything else you could choose a character to join our player "EoS Soon". if you don't know what i'm talking about >pic related. we are about to start our roster poll at this friday, more intormation at: https://pastebin.com/nr9ujDMN . Sadly next cup is going to be on april so this game will die before that but why not have fun while you're at it
>>
>>1399775
Rikku model with the name NEVER EVER.
>>
>>1399787
Pretty much this. Every other unused character got in BUT her.
>>
>>1399787
alright then, i will be adding her to the poll, see you when the time comes
>>
File: 1695878374626499.png (1.24 MB, 2242x1080)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>1399775
>>1399787
heh
didn't they even make this one of the weekly EoS quotes? And they also added a "YuRiPa" reference to the loading screen tooltips
>>
>>1399825
>Every other unused character got in BUT her.
Shit, you're right. Even Angeal and the Flaming Faggot. Damn.
>>
File: eos 3 and 4.jpg (827 KB, 3200x720)
827 KB
827 KB JPG
There's the third and fourth Eos fights down, lots of boss bullying. Thanks to Quistis, Ultima never got a turn. I brought Yuffie to try and help against the boss' automatic debuffs, but forgot it was a party wide paralysis. She can't cleanse if she's paralyzed! Was fun to use Vaan since this is his fight; he's a guy I really enjoyed using in OO from the 15 CP era at launch all the way to the end. It's just so nice seeing his chases fountain up damage all over the field.
Soulcage was even easier, I think there was just one early Mustard Bomb and then they didn't do anything all fight. One last break-fest with Lightning for the road, courtesy of Sephiroth and lovely Arciela supporting.
Three more fights left to go and no way am I using all the characters I wanted to use. I will still have room for another seven D2D fights after this, easily.
>>
File: cactuar cacophony.jpg (1.28 MB, 4800x720)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Cactuars conquered. Boy, that's a lotta damage! I used the double Iris ping-pong strat to bully one cactuar into oblivion in just 4 turns, but when I tried it on two cactuars, it didn't even get them down to half, meaning I had to finish the fight the old fashioned way, taking ages to knock them both down to 20% to finish things off with Crystal Ability - Dominate.
For the last three, it was my final Kelger solo of the game. What a champ.
>>1397133
I wanna give you a huge thanks bro, your Iris was super useful for this! Feel free to change your support back to a blue crystal character if you want, since I know you're a bluechad.
>>
File: eos 5 and 6.jpg (819 KB, 3200x720)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
There's the last two "normal" fights of the game down. Zidane and Fujin's fight was the perfect time for me to have fun with my favourite XIII character, Cid Raines, one last time. Launches for days, Exdeath never got a turn.
For Leonora's fight, I wanted to use Celes one last time and her first costume was the one I got with the free token. I was looking over old faves and I had to bring Locke with her. It was nice to use his crazy special hp attack over and over, and I think I finally understood his kit after all these years. Now I just need to defeat Shinryuu tomorrow to beat the game.

This week's reading challenge characters are: Quina, Rubicante, Serah, Vayne and Bartz
>>
Fuck, Shinryu is kicking my ass. Can't believe I'm choking at the finish line like this. Arrant Calamity at zero brave because of his fire field effect breaks the whole party and then we die to like 100k hp damage aoe.
>>
And there we go. I had to use my most-used character to finally slay the dragon. No, not my gal Tifa: I'm talking about Snow. He was the guy I used for farming, so I actually used him more than any other character, probably. Finally greened his BT, he's such a fun dude to use. Sovereign Fist is a blast, and the name of his BT attack really summed everything up. We're not giving up!

So that's that. I finally beat Opera Omnia. Every piece of content complete. Took six years, good game I'd say. Would recommend it except, ya know, game's as a service being horrible in that they'll just fade away forever and if you missed the bus, that's it. I think I'll stick around here until they pull the plug, doing my daily pulls no matter how pointless (gotta get G tokens for that final FR I'm missing!) and the weekly story missions.

I think the two saddest things about OO dying is a) that this was the first and possibly the last time a ton of my favourite FF characters got voiced and b) this is kind of it for me and FF other than my annual Four Job Fiesta run of FFV, since I don't have a PS5 or gaming PC. I'm tempted by Ever Crisis 'cause I love me some FF7, but I tried it around launch and I don't think I could keep up with it in a comfy way.

If you played way back in year 1 where co-op was still a thing when I hosted rooms on /ffg/, thanks for the memories.
>>
>>1402179
>b) this is kind of it for me and FF other than my annual Four Job Fiesta run of FFV, since I don't have a PS5 or gaming PC
There's always Final Fantasy XIV, you can even play it completely free all the way up to and through the entirety of Stormblood now, completely for free with no limitations of maximum playtime; as long as you never pay for the game, you will be able to play for free forever. The addition of Stormblood includes a bunch of cool shit like RDM and SAM (arguably the most fun caster and melee roles, respectively), a second deep dungeon (so Palace of the Dead + Heaven on High) and also Eureka, which is almost like an MMO inside of an MMO and tickles a lot of the nostlagia circuits for what old school MMOs used to be like, on top of all of the regular content added in each expansion like the alliance raids, of which Orbonne Monastery is widely regarded as one of the best ones

>I'm tempted by Ever Crisis 'cause I love me some FF7, but I tried it around launch and I don't think I could keep up with it in a comfy way.
Don't do it, dude. It's just a numbers go up game. Grind for the sake of grind. It doesn't even have the soul that Re[in] had to keep it going. It's a soulless husk of a game, and it's excessively grindy for no reason other than to force the player to be engaged and make a habit of the game
>>
>>1402179
Whoops, forgot my 21 D2D teams:
1: Neon, Seven, Cyan
2: Braska, Yuna, Auron
3: Shantotto, Ursula, Strago
4: Enna Kros, Hope, Xande
5: Minwu, Yang, Gladio
6: Reno, Vincent, Queen
7: Rubicante, Quina, Cor
8: Jack, Jegran, Bartz
9: Sehl'teus, Relm, Sabin
10: Iris, Cloud, Decil
11: Lunafreya, Terra, WoL
12: Aranea, Guy, Ardyn
13: Beatrix, Aerith, Garnet
14: Zack, Weiss, Kadaj
15: Kain, Rosa, Fusoya
16: Onion Knight, WoFF twins, Ignis
17: Vaan, Quistis, Yuffie
18: Lightning, Arciela, Sephiroth
19: Fujin, Zidane, Cid Raines
20: Leonora, Celes, Locke
21: Snow, Tifa, Setzer
>>1402221
>spoiler
You know, I'm not much of an MMO fan since I'm too poorfag for subscriptions, but I might actually try that one day, thanks.
>Don't do it, dude.
Yeah, I'm not gonna back. Thanks for the second opinion. I'm a fan of numbers go up and I'm quite the gacha fiend, so if even I'm this leery of it, no way it's worth it.
>>
>somehow have worse DPS with Enna Kros on team after swapping Shantotto for her in Transcendence 13
. . .
>>
>>1402748
Which one's that again?
>>
>>1402758
Triple heads. And now luckily things went right and I got good damage. Still had to reset since they revive one another if they don't all go below 40 at the same time.
>>
>>1402748
DET13 was always more about being delicate than raw damage. Only the 3rd wave is even about damage at all, and the first wave especially isn't even about damage, it's about making sure you evenly damage them slowly
>>
>>1402818
>slowly
Their force time guaranteed KO is mainly throwing me off. Though Shantotto's curse/ruin did prevent wave 2 from gaining brave on their off-turns, which was nice. But I feel like I gotta swap in for Dark Cecil now, since his lowered HP will prevent the insta-death version of it.
>>
>>1402820
I dunno. I just solo'd it with Machina when it came out, and then when we had that one event that was like a D2D except it was every DET stage instead, I solo'd all of them with Auron, so if you have either Machina or Auron open you can do that. I've also think I saw a Quina solo back in the day
>>
File: Spoiler Image (970 KB, 1057x488)
970 KB
970 KB PNG
>THEIR JOURNEY CONTINUE

What did they MEAN by this?
>>
>>1403294
Always gotta leave things open for a sequel.
>>
>>1402820
Not sure if it helps, but checking my DE tiers it looks like I duo'd it with Decil and Cor. I imagine being able to max the crystal rooms now probably helps.
>>
No way I'll ever touch another Square Enix gacha game after this. Not even a final "Thank you for your support" type of video, a final stream or giving us a bunch of tickets every day.
>>
>>1403771
>game lasts for 6 years GL, 7 years JP
>easily the greatest gacha game that has ever existed
>kept the game running for 1-2 years with meager earnings
>pretty good EoS, allowing you to max out everything that you have if you wanted to
>"Square Enix is terrible, I love gacha, I must play gacha, but I'm never playing another Square Enix gacha again, even though I liked this one and it lasted for a long time! Grr!"
Your sentiment is woefully misplaced, unwarranted, out of touch, and sounds whiny and entitled. I think it's a good idea to stay away from gacha, because I think we are well past the time when anything close to DFFOO could ever exist again, but it's weird to say that you want to continue to play gacha while only avoiding specifically Square Enix, and the reason for this being how disgruntled you are with DFFOO's EoS
>>
>>1403862
>pretty good EoS
shilling for the hand that killed us, I always knew you had shit opinions
>>
>>1403896
>""""shilling"""
I'm just telling it how it is, bro. You have not played through the EoS of any gacha, have you? Your ignorance and your emotions are showing, anon. You can easily fully max out every character you have, and they even give you stages and incentives to play them in. Hoarders got to use their gems, and the people who pull for everything already had everything they wanted, presumably. And free costumes! AND GL's is way better than what JP got, unless you're a story-only fag. The only thing more you could have asked for is for the 50+1 pull to be a daily thing, which would have been really cool, but everyone is going to complain about something anyway

>"""the hand that killed us"""
It was a 7 year long run, anon. You have to let it go. Most gachas don't even make it to 2 years. This gacha had N64 graphics and it made it to 7 years. That's a pretty good run, especially when you consider that SE didn't shill it like they do the Gumi gachas
>>
>>1403928
I have, actually, and it's my experience that tells me this was a shit EoS
>7 fights per month when we have 3 months left
>multiple months of content we're just never going to get
>"uhh we'll put the rest on YT, be sure to look out for it!"
>JP didn't even get what we got, just the story chapters and the co-op, basically got told to fuck off
>method they used to get people new rewards basically fucked over anyone that had been playing for more than a year
no, it was shit, and I'm not going to be gaslit into thinking otherwise when so much more could have been given to a game that's been going for 7 years, we're going out with a whimper and you're out here trying to convince us we're leaving a bang
>>
>>1403934
>doubt
You sound very emotionally distraught, anon. It seems as if you are not thinking clearly and are instead flailing about

Me? I'm hopefully never going to play another gacha again. I recommend that you do the same, but you sound like you're trapped and like you can't escape, that's why you're so emotional right now
>>
>>1403936
>doesn't address anything
>goes for emotional response instead
that's what I fucking thought, shill
>>
>>1403938
>>doesn't address anything
There's nothing to address, anon. You're too emotional to think rationally. You don't want to have a conversation, you want to bitch and moan. I play both GL and JP. You most likely do not. You are talking about something that you are not personally even experiencing, that's how emotionally charged you are right now. GL got the better EoS, and that's what you're playing. 7 fights per month is actually more than we were getting, and is also more than the 6 per month that we were getting before the slow down. I have been playing for 2+ years and I still had 1 million gems at EoS. What did you want me to address?

You're just upset and you want to yell into the void, and you want the void to agree with you. Meanwhile, in reality, DFFOO got a pretty good EoS. You're welcome to join me anytime you want
>>
>>1403939
you have done literally nothing to prove this is a good way to end a 7 year experience, project at me the entire time and try to unironically pull "u mad?" like it's actually a meaningful response, enough with this fucking faux-maturity bullshit that you've been doing for years now, it's gotten old
>You most likely do not
bitch you really think that? it's because I play both that I'm upset that the game is going out like this, and I've got some loser that writes way too much on the other side of the screen telling me that I don't, I did want to have a conversation, but clearly all you want to do is act superior in the final drows of the game's life, so clearly neither of us are going to, I won't be joining you in the delusional corner and lie to myself into thinking this is a good way to end something that's been going on for this long, but please, keep trying to convince people otherwise, I doubt it will work
>>
lol bro, now I think you're just some /ffg/ shitposter who got bored and wandered into here to shitpost
>>
The last good gacha. Rip.
>>
>>1403862
Holy fucking shill, stop sucking Square Enix's cock.
Game was good and generous, but fuck them for ending it just like this.
Besides Square hasn't been good since the merge.
>>
>>>"""shill"""
>again
Just go back to /ffg/ dude
>>
DE13 down. Decil, Cloud, & Sice.
>>
>>1404763
Nice! Do you still have the rest of the ones after that to do?
>>
>>1404771
14's center, 15 & 16. Then the plan is to wrap up Act 3, maybe do a wee bit of 4 and some miscellaneous stuff like 6man.
>>
>>1404780
15 days left, good luck man!
>>
Managed to figure out all 5 weekly reading mission characters on my own for once.
This week it's Reks, Astos, Fusoya, Lightning and Jack Garland.
>>
File: Screenshot.jpg (1.45 MB, 2412x1080)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
I guess that's it, was fun while it lasted. 15/35/EX was definitely the best era.
My final D2D was solo Kelgar, the king of brainless runs.
I wish there was a way to check login days, since I've been playing since GL launch.
Will probably continue doing my daily login until EoS.
Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>1405881
You solo'd Shinryu with Kelger? Based. Well done bro, now rest.
>>
>bluechads never cry
>sets Iris as a borrow, who is green
>>
How long are the chapters in Act 3? Any short or long ones? It seems to be about 30~40 main stages so far.
>>
>>1407177
Someone requested it. Didn't see much point in switching back to Laguna, seeing as how no one's using supports right now.
>>
File: 1678086294814429.png (1.5 MB, 1351x1069)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>boss has a powerful buff or debuff
>you can't steal the buff with Balthier or Yuffie
>boss is immune to the debuff, so you can't throw it back either
This feels like when the DM makes your illusions do nothing, or like when they tell you that none of your flavor abilities work in the current situation because reasons
>>
Got a second burst from the daily free draw, jeez the rates are tanked on this thing.
It was Squall, the very first burst released. Thanks for the nostalgia, getting this was so cool back in the day.
>>
>>1370778
I picked Lightning's Knight of Etro since it was the best looking, and Shelke's casual outfit.since it was cute and this is the only time she would be playable with it.
>>
>Leila tells ardyn to rebel to get over himself
That's exactly what he did to get into this mess.
>>
File: GGzkiDubEAAPJjh.jpg (241 KB, 1280x720)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>
>>1410202
Interdasting
>>
File: 1000001978.jpg (1.21 MB, 2340x1080)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>1410202
>Monday afternoon
Glad we're getting one last stream, but it's a shame I won't be able to catch it live.

Also, unless I somehow get lucky on the multi-draw, it looks like Queen will be my last BT. Already cleared D2D, so I just went with a character I liked.
>>
Is there any DET Quina would have trouble soloing? Likewise for Rubicante, but he's not nearly built - though I naturally have resources to do so.
>>
>>1410367
>Is there any DET Quina would have trouble soloing?
>Likewise for Rubicante
You should only put them on a DET with a matching gate crystal color (black/green, respectively), and you should only put them on a DET that came out after FR echo, because otherwise they are massive overkill. So Quina's only real solo option is DET 13, and Rubicante's only solo options are DET 14, 15, and 16. Of those, DET 15 is the hardest one to solo, and it could not be solo'd on release and is only possible to solo with crystal room investment or Kelger, which came afterwards

So put Rubicante and Kelger on 15 and 16, whichever way you wanna do it. Quina's only option is 13, but I think there are better options for that stage like Auron and Machina, and you could instead use Quina with Ultimecia to cheese one of the fights you don't want to do (like maybe DET 15). If you cheese 15 with Quinamecia, put Rubicante on 14, otherwise probably any modern red/green unit can do 14 relatively easily. Fights 12 and below are so outdated that any unit that has an FR can probably solo them
>>
>>1410407
I wound up soloing 14 with Cater, so I could do Quinamecia if my current team doesn't work (Rains, Selteus, Iris)
>>
>>1410202
I'd love for them to show us some cut content and maybe what they had planned before EoS, but knowing SE that won't happen.
>>
I still remember when they said there would be no November stream, I was like "uh oh... this isn't good", and then you guys told me that I'm a retard and I should be more considerate and it's the holidays, etc. I hate being right about it, but I was right
>>
Today's weekly reading mission characters are Selh'teus, Relm, Leona, Nabaat and Shantotto.
Managed to guess the first four with ease, but thought the last one was gonna be Kefka. Now that I reread the quote carefully, I feel like a fool.
>>
>blue orb turns into a Fusoya BT dupe
Now that's kind of funny, he's actually the last BT I got. Bought it with tokens earlier this month and used it here >>1396623
>>
>see DET 16 runs being really short with Aranea or Astos
Hm, tried with Jack/Pap/Jihl and that didn't quite work, damage was only so-so, with Jihl still being the weak link despite BT auras up. Let's try swapping her with Quina...
>>
File: 1703890526792185.jpg (1.44 MB, 1396x1488)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>BT
>Vayne
Obligatory
>>
This game is so much easier with actually maxed out characters, holy shit. I don't know how tubers had any fun playing it, especially because fights had a lot less HP back before EoS was announced
>>
>>1413509
When the D2D first started, I was annoyed at how absurdly inflated the HP pools of every fight were. But seeing how ridiculous a difference it makes having all crystal rooms and FE50 for all the characters makes, now my problem is that non-D2D fights are so weak that I don't get a chance to play around with them.

It makes EoS make more sense, really. I don't know how the hell they were gonna balance fights around this stuff when whales had such a massive head start. Make the fights easy enough for F2Ps to clear, and veteran players, including content creators and the most reliable paypigs, would complain how boring it is like they did during C90. Make it hard enough to challenge those players, and they'd alienate everyone else.
>>
>>1412339
kek
>>1412330
Time's running out DETbro!
>>
>>1413990
I cleared with Jack/Pap/Quina, so I feel like that's good enough. Might try a Kelger solo if possible? Though I see one video with Lightning and Garnet and I have them maxed.
>>
When's the last day this game will be up?
>>
>>1414255
Thursday.
>>
>>1414015
Nice, good job on the full clear!
Stream in 3.5 hours from now bros...
>>
brOOs...
>>
https://www.twitch.tv/squareenix
Get in here boys, it's the beginning of the end
>>
>18 minutes into the stream
>only on slide 6 of 42
>pausing for co-ops
>Josh might do all of his remaining pulls on stream
So is this gonna be like a 3 hour stream then?
>>
The development history for the game being revealed on stream is pretty interesting. Started off as a companion app for NT where you could dress up characters and managed their gear/outfits, then became a life simulation game about FF characters on an airship interacting with each other while flying around gathering companions scattered all over.
Gimme that life sim game.
>>
>gushing about the care that went into developing the various characters
>...and then there's Rydia
kek
>>
!thankyoudffoo
>>
Man, there really is never ever going to be a gacha that is as good or has as much soul has DFFOO had, is there? Not only is there never going to be a gacha with as much soul as DFFOO, but there is never ever going to be another SE/FF game that brings together the various characters with as much care as DFFOO brought it all together
>>
File: Amano_Gau.jpg (97 KB, 648x1000)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>1414478
This game was the first one to voice shitloads of my favourite characters. I hope I can see/hear them again one day in something with new dialogue and scenes.
>>
>>1414478
I think RK is ever so slightly better, and some of the other games excel in a single area, but yeah OO is overall one of their best.
>>
>the devs over at KT actually went to play FF games to better design and animate things into DFFOO
Thats wild. You really dont see that kind of shit nowadays; people actually giving a fuck about source material. Rest in Pease, hero.
>>
>game dies @ 4 UTC on Feb 29th
So is this like normal reset time on Feb 28th for people in US?
>>
I forgot about the stream and then realized it's still going after more than 1h30m. Glad they aren't doing the typical 30m stream, this game deserves better.
>>
>>1414514
We haven't even started the first co-op, strap in. Josh got carte blanche to just do whatever.
>>
>>1414514
He was entertaining doing the entirety of the Dare to Defy on stream, and his consideration was not whether or not her wanted to do it, but it was whether or not there are any Square Enix streams schedule later that they would need to use the channel for
>>
>>1414507
No, it's 4 hours earlier.
>>
File: IT ENDS.jpg (86 KB, 400x617)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>this ending
>Josh tearing up
Man.
>>
When does it close during EST hours?
t. lazy brainlet
>>
The End.
Probably the last good gacha I'll ever play.
>>
Man, my interest in the game may have been waning for a good while, but it was still the most fun I had with a gacha game ever and a neat way to get to know more about FF games I haven't played yet, the attack animations, voicelines and music were great and I will always have a space for them in my heart.
Really sad to see it go (though at least I will have some more free space in my phone now...). Kinda wish I had caught the stream from the start, the development story seemed interesting.
R.I.P DFFOO.
There will never be another gacha like you.
>>
I hate being sad for gachashit closing, but to be honest I've been playing/login in for almost every single day these last 6 years.
Game was actually fun, not your typical tapping, bubble bursting gachashit. And it was really generous with how much free gems and tickets you could hoard.
It was a nice long stream, I'm just a bit disappointed we didn't get to see any unreleased content.
RIP OO, you were too good for the shitty company that Square-Enix has become.
>>
>>1414015
>>1414361
Yup, got it with Kelger. EZ
>>
>>1414569
Nice
>>
>>1414468
Rydia herself had good animations, and her outfit really worked. But her summons were so horribly sad.
>>
File: SL.png (801 KB, 712x902)
801 KB
801 KB PNG
i still got stages to do... shit to kill,,,, so not in the mood to do it tho....and i wont see laguna finally talking about raine with squall....fuck my life
>>
File: WoFFMM_3_Characters.png (154 KB, 582x711)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
I remember how bittersweet it was when Reynn & Lann were introduced. They announced the EoS of WoFF Meli Melo the same day.
https://youtu.be/VZFSzaeArjI?si=FyD5Cii93p9etmp_
>>
Anyone that lurks these boards actually managed to max out every weapon?
I just finished maxing out every 7* Armor just for the sake of completion.
I got every FR but still missing 37 BTs.
I do have pretty much everything else maxed out and acquired, except FE50 for those with no FR/BT.
Tried to get everything I could, even all badges, voice lines and stickers, but this is where I stop.
>>
>>1414734
I built up the characters who I liked and who I wanted to try for the EoS stuff. I don't feel like 100% completion or anything. I got all the hidden skits and all of the player tab boss missions.
>>
>>1414734
>Anyone that lurks these boards actually managed to max out every weapon?
I don't feel the need to, but also I can't get every BT. There are about 10 that I can't have, but that's fine because they're all characters like Exdeath that never really got Shinryu updates. I did get every FR as they were released, and I had like 400 HPS saved up by EoS, but I don't feel the need to max characters just to max them. I barely even feel like finishing stuff on my JP account. One thing I will not miss about gacha is how fucking long it takes to do something as simple as max out a character from zero. I'm a content completionist, not a completionist completionist. I did clear out the Dissidia points shop, even though I'm never going to use any of these stickers or voice lines

>>1414816
>hidden skits
What the fuck is a hidden skit? Do you mean the weekly quote mission things or has there actually been hidden skits and I never knew about them?
>>
>>1414734
I always maxed out every weapon I pulled the moment I pulled them. I'm really bad at sitting on resources in general, but for me the appeal in the game was getting new toys for the collection and seeing what they could do. I loved running old stages with gimmick teams made of new characters to figure out their quirks. Part of what I disliked about the Shinryu era was how homogenized a lot of characters became, because big numbers were about the only thing that mattered. I was really disappointed with Relm because she actually had unique mechanics, but became the worst updated character in the game because of focusing on that instead of damage.

I wasn't able to get every weapon, though. Missing FRs for Llyud and Relm, and 14 BTs. I blue'd every armor and got halfway to getting everyone to FE50 before it got to be too much of a pain.
>>
>>1414865
Every story stage has one or two optional scenes.
>>
How many hours left til EoS? Guess this'll be the last thread.
>>
>>1414926
As of your post, 33 hours.
>>
>>1414926
Should be at tomorrow's reset time. Check the event timers.
This will definitely be the last thread, most won't even remember OO a week from now on.
It's just a shame that a gacha with actual good gameplay won't be getting an offline version.
>>
>>1414946
Gacha is such a typically soulless genre that the chief determining factor for success are the waifus and the fanart
>>
>>1414945
>>1414946
Really? That feels even sooner than it should be.
>>
Seems like the offline dream isn't dead.
Maybe this won't be the final thread after all...
>>
>>1415095
What makes you say that?
>>
So to clarify we're pretty much at the final 24 hours or so now?
>>
>>1415106
We're at about 26 1/2 hours from final EOS.
>>
>>1415095
Even if it somehow doesn't end as patreon vaporware #16943, the current power balance of the game is awful as a stagnant offline server. The only reason I would even bother is if the JP content was translated and still somehow had the GL QoL features.
>>
>>1414586
they still haven't done this? not even kiros or ward were in?
>>
>>1415108
I'd redo various fights with various teams.
>>
>>1415099
https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/1b16byt/the_truth_about_an_offline_server/
>>
>>1415095
I would probably download it and then never play it. If there are no more weekly fights then I don't know what the point is. I never really went back and did fights just for fun. I want to play the game, but I need my carrot on a stick
>>
I logged back in for a bit to grab my save in case I ever want to use a private server and to see what's up, I had a shitton of gems for some reason, took me 15 minutes to claim all the free shit what the fuck.
Did tons of pulls, got many purple weapons, I have no idea if they are the good ones or what, I don't think I really care.
Didn't want to engage with content of any kind, just deplete all my gems reserve on draws and GTFO, goodbye game, fuck you SE for charging 60 bucks for skins for characters that get powercrept one week later, I bought Terra's alt outfit and literally never used her, back when I played
>>
https://everytimezone.com/s/ebb97290
>>
This is it brOOs
>>
Where exactly are the final story chapters' cutscenes with English subtitles being uploaded?
SE's main English Youtube channel?
Guess we could keep the thread around one more day to talk about the ending.
>>
>check l*ddit
>everyone is posting their user screen
>half the people posting didn't even play the game
>didn't complete DET, aren't even max level, didn't complete 6 man, etc
For what purpose? Attention? Updoots?
>>
>>1415414
Probably the main official youtube channel.
This thread isn't going anywhere, but will probably not hit the bump limit if there's nothing to talk about.
>>1415422
How can you tell? Most I'm seeing are max ranked.
>>
File: 1681817412987230.png (2.94 MB, 3040x1440)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
>>1415432
>How can you tell?
What do you mean how can I tell? The name plates, man. Once I saw it was a "thing", I clicked "New" and scrolled for a bit and half these retards didn't even play the fucking game
>>
>>1415434
Yeah you're right, I actually forgot how rank worked for this game.
I also just checked my friendlist and a lot of people logged in today, no so wonder ledditors are posting their user data.
>>
File: status.jpg (440 KB, 1206x540)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>1415422
Upboat plz ;)
>>
One last win for the Bluechads before closing the game for good. It's been real, lads.
>>
File: sad.png (8 KB, 190x46)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Went in and pressed the Teedus sticker a few times.
This does not kore ga my monogatari da...
>>
>>1415252
how did you get your save?
>>
>never completed any of the other acts
>all those gems waiting
>>
I keep thinking global was missing the final chapter, but we're missing THREE! Jeez, and since they split them into 2 halves each, it's like missing 6.
>>
File: 1706581928830443.jpg (88 KB, 521x761)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>it's the end
>if I don't play now, I'll never get to again
>don't really feel like playing
>never did the new new content in JP because it requires having completed all of Act 4 first and I was too lazy to go back and do the early parts of Act 4
>>
I hope we get at least an official soundtrack release.
>>
>>1415633
Posting my favorite track, I think this is a DFFOO exclusive version? I never played Dissidia NT.
https://youtu.be/na_4aq00GJU
>>
>>1415648
Is there's a track I'm going to miss, it's the lobby music playing at the background while I do some other stuff.
https://youtu.be/PeyGSGqowgs
>>
>>1415252
Yeah, what does this mean you "grabbed your save" data? How?
>>
Does the timer for events count down in minutes? Seems like we got 2 and a half hours left. I think.
>>
>>1415684
It counts down in minutes once the timer goes below one hour left. Game shuts down 11pm EST
>>
Got my final login just in time.
>>
I'd have been a lot less salty about OO ending if they'd released the last bit of content JP got, especially the final story chapter.
>>
Has any anon out there fully downloaded and patched OO JP version? I was getting it to have the data saved just in-case it helps aid someone in creation of a private server in the near or distant future.
>>
>>1415727
Contact this guy to see if you can help.
>>1415183
>>
>>1415727
I have JP full downloaded but like, if some dude is making a private server, I can only assume that he has also downloaded the JP version. Especially because he's the guy responsible for Dissidia Compendium, the de facto guide for the game
>>
>>1415736
I assume that too, but I've seen times where no one has the JP version so I felt compelled to make sure myself. But then I realized the download needs 6 hours on my end and won't finish in time.
>>
just realized that Reks had the shortest time being in the Dissidia world after his death. wow.
>>
>see Exdeath's boss form in 3D
it's literally a giant splinter with him on top of it.
>>
OPERA OMNIA IS A DEAD FUCKING GAME!!!
>>
File: knife.png (61 KB, 208x309)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
F
It was ludokino.
>mfw
>>
File: 1697162184268649.png (426 KB, 1000x1000)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
>>
Now is the time to swear off of mobage and live-service shit forever. Don't just immediately go into the next service thats gonna rugpull you
>>
>>1415752
DFFOO was my first gacha, and I've spent the years I've played DFFOO searching for another gacha of similar quality, and there just isn't one. With the death of DFFOO, so too dies my desire for gacha. I can finally be free
>>
>>1415752
LETS GO KH MISSING LINK
>>
>>1415757
>Union X
PVP completely ruined that game until near the end. Probably also had the most absurd power creep to ever be in a gacha game. Enemies with literally millions of health bars and damage in the billions. It was nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zomhPti6dnI
>>
File: 1690798121621403.png (696 KB, 960x540)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
I'm sad these cute ladies didn't all get their BTs.
>>
it's OOver...
>>
>>1415767
Krile's victory animation was something else.
>>
File: 1678900112709261.png (636 KB, 960x540)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
>>1415767
I still can't believe they showed off Eiko's crotch like that.
>>
File: 1679504363208725.png (162 KB, 1209x424)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
I don't know what to do now. Do I just uninstall LDPlayer? Maybe save my pictures from it. Feels weird, bros
>>
File: F.jpg (49 KB, 1206x540)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Press F
>>
>>1415752
I have only played 3 gachas my entire life: Tales of Link, Dokkan Battle and Opera Omnia.
2 are already dead, and the day Dokkan dies is the day I'll be free from gacha hell. Unfortunely, Dokkan isn't dying anytime soon.
>>
>>1415913
>>1415755
We are free now. I won't ever give them a part of myself anymore
>>
>>1415882
F
I tried logging in last night one minute before EoS and got stuck in an endless loading screen.
Are the cutscenes uploaded to Youtube yet?
>>
>>1415752
The only other live service game i played after this that My Hero Ultra Rumble, and they took away free login tickets so fuck them
>>
Offline version will have mods to give Vanille a BT/FR, right bros...?
>>
IT'S UP
https://www.youtube.com/@DFFOperaOmnia/playlists
>>
>>1416303
Nice!
Oh shit, didn't realize there were Intersecting Wills and Lost Chapters that we missed too.
Faris and Selphie IWs seem new.
Lost Chapters...Amarant and Xezat must be new, but did we get an LC for Jessie? I wish I could open my game and check which LCs we had.
>>
>>1416336
Jesse was the last LC we got, and Kadaj was the last IW
>>
>>1416336
We got Jessie LC with the Snow FR
>>
>>1415752
More like "NEVER trust anything with the Square Enix logo, including their mobile or console titles"
>>
>>1416366
>enjoy 7 years of the best gacha game that has ever existed

>decide to swear off Square Enix entirely after enjoying nearly a decade of a live servrice title
Retard
>>
>Act 3 Part 1
>Act 3 Climax
>Act 3 Part 2
Woops, looks like I played it out of order.
>>
>>1416454
>proceeds to make non-stop garbage that doesnt come close to this
>announces closures of about 5 or 6 different games just in the month of December
>where not even a console battle royal lived long enough to see the end of its first year
>where they somehow fucked up a Chocobo Racing remake so bad that its future development was also cancelled
Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, meet this fucking retard.
>>
>>1416657
>non sequitur after non sequitur
>followed, finally, by a non sequitur
Impressive
>>
>>1416692
Keep consuming, dude, more power to you. You'll find that needle in the dumpster sooner or later, right?
>>
>>1416716
>after a cascade of non sequitors, he rests, finally, upon a false projection
I'm not even considering playing another gacha after this unless Team Ninja makes another Final Fantasy gacha. You belong in /ffg/, not here
>>
>>1415752
You're an irredeemable retard if you didn't go into live service shit with only money you were willing to lose in the first place. You're gambling on playtime and long term enjoyment as well as character progression in any gacha.
>>
>>1415520
>>1415673
I mean I just booted up the game on a device to download whatever data, hopefully save data is in some files there
>>
>>1417050
Nobody talked about money, retard. Did /ffg/ get your panties in a twist, Square shill?
>>
>>1417197
>/ffg/
>Square shill
Go back to the false flag general, retard. Why the fuck do you feel the need to come here? Why does OO live so rent free in your head? He was essentially saying that there is no such thing as a "rugpull" as long as you understand what a live service game is, and clearly shitposters do not
>>
Just uninstalled LDPlayer. Feels pretty good, ngl
>>
>gone are the days of Faris blitzballing
>sad wakka wakka
>>
>>1416745
>if i keep repeating the same words, ill feel better
Whatever helps you cope, friend.
>>
>>1417580
>he has returned the next day to deliver additional non sequiturs
It's funny that OO is going to live rent free in your head much longer than it will mine. I think you should reread this conversation from your first post in it where you said to swear off Square Enix as a whole due to you (purportedly) enjoying one of their gachas for 6-7 years. Follow the conversation and you'll see how retarded you sound
>>
OP here. I'm starting to see the silver lining in all this. I never have to interact with you clowns ever again.
>>
>>1417609
That is definitely a positive. I stopped going to /ffg/ last year because all of you fucking """Final Fantasy fans""" are inbred, tribalist, self-hating schizos who loathe Final Fantasy (and Square Enix) more than anyone else does. Now that OO is EoS, it seems that the usual /ffg/ suspects are coming here to get one last good shitpost in while the /vmg/ thread still exists, though we all know the OO shitposting on /ffg/ is never going to stop. Years from now they will still be shitposting about OO
>>
>>1417632
They will be forever buck broken by OO's superiority. Likewise with RK.
>>
>>1417330
>holy projections batman
Who is this retard and why do they have a /vg/ general rent free in their head?
>>
>Hunt permits restored!
Spooky
>>
Anyone know what order the last 2 IWs, last 2 LCs and last six parts of the main story are in? Just started watching Faris' IW and noticed Amarant's in the first cutscene, to hers must take place after his LC.
>>
>>1417907
I bet somewhere out there, someone is still in-game with the game paused or running in the background.
>>
>>1417910
https://www.tonberrytroupe.com/timeline
>>
>>1417910
https://www.dissidiacompendium.com/events?JP=true&past=true&filter=true&rev=true
This filter lists everything in reverse order, so I think Amarant is the next thing we would have gotten story wise?
>>
>>1417915
>>1417916
Thanks. Time to check out Amarant's LC then. I started watching Act 4, Chapter 7, Part 1 and got two thirds through before the Flaming Faggot showed up, already part of the group again.
>>
>no u
I accept your concession
>>
>game gets put down
>sudden outbreak of schizophrenics in the thread
Yeah there definitely is a silver lining to it.
>>
it's finally over...
>>
Been "catching up" on the content we didn't get to see what new bosses there were. Memoria Battle #1 we got in globa as part of D2D. Odin Spiritus was a new version of those praying mantis bug enemies from FFIX that were easily solo'd by Amarant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zogcqrlprQ4
Amarant LC was sadly a rerun boss, those damn green midget wizards that float up in the air now and then. Keiss Raid was just the Guard Scorpions again, probably because they do that link up thing you need to break with launches.
Faris IW was just the FFIV purple centipedes again, so many rerun bosses. Memoria Battle 2 was Safer Sephiroth, which we got on global.
Act 4, Chapter 7, Part 1, the first Re-Shinryu, is the freakin' Zu birds again, jeez. Feels like the lame float eye boss fight for the first FR being introduced, though at least that one had a good thematic reason for using such an enemy.
Act 4, Chapter 7, Part 2 was just a fight against Kefka and Vayne, makes sense given what's going on in the story. I know there's some Rydia fans here, so here she is soloing these clowns with ease:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1CTj6H0eEc
As for the story, I laughed out loud in Rufus' introductory scene where CoD pops out of a torsion and he just shoots her dead immediately. Sure it was just a vestige of her remnant thoughts (really goes to show how OP CoD is) but still, it looked pretty funny. Also loved how Agrias and Ramza could to be mercenary bodyguards for Rufus, made for some great crossover dialogue. Hell, they handled Rufus really well imo, he had a ton of presence. Makes me really wish I could've pulled for him and used him on my teams.
>>
>>
>>1418609
>though at least that one had a good thematic reason for using such an enemy.
That nearly everyone was unaware of. I remember needing to post several times that the reason it was that Float Eyes is because that's the first enemy you fight in FFIV, because people kept posting how much of a limp dick that boss is visually as a first Shinryu fight
The memorial fights were also beefier in JP, and before the Crystal Room acceleration
Also, most fights could already be solo'd anyway; Amarant and Rydia being able to solo things isn't new for Shinryu and is not surprising in Re-Shinryu either, as the only thing that would prevent a solo would be if orbs were not able to be ticked up on enemy turns

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.