[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 12834718234123.png (494 KB, 504x502)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
These are Ash's companions starting in November, say something nice about them!
>>
>>36085703
LGPE isn't getting an anime series

Until Gen 8 comes out in 2019, it's going to remain the Ash & Lillie Show
>>
>>36085703
No, those are Brock and Misty's Alola outfits when they come to supervise Kukui building his league.
>>
>>36085720
>implying they won't bring them back to Alola as it was literally hinted at the end of episode 43
>>
>>36085703
20 years and they are still the best traveling companion that Ash ever had.
>>
>>36085731
I don't doubt that, but they aren't going to be companions again
>>
Nah, they'll just visit Alola for a few episodes to promote Let's Go and then go home. Hopefully they will get their new outfits though.
>>
>>36085720
of course it is, they're not sticking with lillie when they can bring back two more popular and relevant characters.

everything in alola can be resolved by november, the plot barely exists as it is.
>>
>>36085742
>implying
>>
>>36085744
>remaining Ultra Beasts
>Necrozma
>Poni Island
>Alola League

>resolved by November

yeah no
>>
>>36085703
Based
>>
>>36085792
>alola league
>implying
the others can be resolved in that timespan, retard
>>
>>36085703
Just like ORAS May was Ash's companion in the latter half of XY?
>>
>>36085814
Literally nobody cared about May returning though, anon. The writers know the demand for first generation things far outstrips everything else.
>>
>>36085808
We've known about the Alola League for almost 40 episodes now.
>>
Where’s my AI co-op where I can travel the region with Misty, just like I dreamed of as a child?
>>
>>36085814
It's different this time, anon.
>>
>>36085824
it was an off-the-cuff mention that isn't going to get any time in the show
>>
>>36085792
All of this could have been resolved by now if the anime didn't have so much fucking filler in it. But it doesn't matter anymore since Gen 8 is in 2019.

>>36085743
Definitely. Hell, Ash even told Misty and Brock to come to Alola next time. These games started development in second half of 2016. The episode was made in 2017. Clearly the writers had inside info and knew that LGPE would be a thing.
>>
Stop removing them
All of the other companions have been shitty throwaway characters compared to these two.
>>
>>36085843
>SM
>fillers
What?
>>
>>36085840
It's been mentioned in three fucking episodes.

>The Kanto two-parter
>The Ilima episode
>Kukui revealing it to Ash and co. and Ash and Kiawe being excited to enter it

It's happening. They've hyped it up too much.
>>
>>36085843
>All of this could have been resolved by now if the anime didn't have so much fucking filler in

Nigger, we're only at the 80 episode mark
>>
File: 1505498708885.png (160 KB, 500x554)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>36085703
They both look really fucking good. Too bad the game will be terrible.
>>
>>36085703
I'm willing to bet Misty's clothes are hard-grafted to the model to deter nude edits.

Prove me wrong
>>
It wouldn't really be hard to have them roam around on Alola for the next year, since the cast already has so many side characters. Two more wouldn't hurt anything.
>>
The anime got rid of Misty and Brock for a reason; they didn't know what to do with them anymore, and they wore out their welcome.

Misty had become useless by the end of Johto. Brock did too, but he continued to follow Ash around for two more regions until they finally got rid of him.

Small appearances are fine, but as main characters, they don't know what to do with Brock and Misty anymore, hence them being dropped in favor of new companions.
>>
>>36085870
Focused episodes. Less group shit.

The series isn't going to die if there's say, no Ash or no Lillie for 10-20 minutes and we have Brock + Kiawe or Misty+Lana going on an adventure. They have the benefit of playing with that kind of formula.
>>
>>36085866
80 episodes. 30 of them are filler or barely canon because of a reference. The anime just ended three islands, Aether storyline, and more than half of the Ultra Beasts. It wouldn't take long to cover everything else.
>>
>>36085927
Anon, SM has little to no fillers.
>>
>>36085927
>SM
>fillers
>>
>>36085906
Considering that Ash and Lillie are the main characters, and the biggest cash cows, they aren't going to do that
>>
>>36085954
>Nanu episode that was 98% the trio
>>
>>36085703
GOOD! NO more Lillie and no more Alola kindergarten crew.

The original trio will be back together and watch Ash become Alola's first ever Champion and the ashime can finally end!!!
>>
>>36085927
Literally every single episode in SM is somehow referenced in the future. Literally. Every. Episode.
>>
>>36085703
i hope so. i'd pick up the anime again
>>
>>36085890
They were established characters who could have easily been given new story arcs. Just being friends of the main character, and being main characters themselves, is pretty good justification for keeping them around. There’s never been much reason to defend the change. It’s always been about advertising the new games. Early in the Hoenn show, Team Rocket got rid of their Pokémon too just to get new Hoenn ones.
>>
>>36085703
They're the only ones most people care about, it wouldn't be surprising that he'd ditch his literally-who companions for them.
>>
File: 1530846771177.webm (111 KB, 622x720)
111 KB
111 KB WEBM
>>36085703
Delete this
>>
File: 1530243156707.webm (632 KB, 640x360)
632 KB
632 KB WEBM
Best girl is getting a Z-Ring, thus making her equal to Misty (who has a Mega Gyarados) as the strongest main girl.
>>
>>36085703
It's impressive how gamefreak found a way to make pokegirls even more fuckable but here we are.
I think I would die from exhaustion or a heartattack from fapping myself to death for days if they ever show May in this graphic style.
>>
>>36085890
could you elaborate the ''they wore out their welcome'' part? Been a long time since I watched the anime so I don't remember much
>>
>>36085703
They are both great and Misty has the best taste in mons
>>
File: Misty_Staryu.png (900 KB, 1280x720)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
>>36086796
>A Starmie that she barely ever used, left at the gym, and used Staryu instead
>>
>>36085858
>They've hyped it up too much.
No they haven't. There ain't no hype revolving the league because SM is not your regular pokemon season. Even if we do get a league, its gonna be some lacklustre tournament like Junior cup. It certainly won't reach Sinnoh and kalos levels of hype.
>>
>>36086810
If it wasn't for Psyduck always appearing when she called it, Starmie would have been her most used pokemon in the first season. LGPE has it as her signtaure mon so maybe she'll start using it again, also Staryu is pretty cool too
>>
>>36085734
Sad isn't it?
>>
>>36086918
>There ain't no hype revolving the league because SM is not your regular pokemon season.

Instead of gyms, we have island trials

That's literally the only difference
>>
>>36086918
>Even if we do get a league

There is no "even if". It's been mentioned three times, with Ash and Kiawe both stating that they're going to enter in the third mention. It's happening, and the anime has made a big deal about it.
>>
>>36085792
There's speculation that the Ultra Beasts not on the poster might belong to the Ultra Recon Squad and/or be summoned by Necrozma like in the games. Basically they won't get the typical Ultra Guardian episode and will instead just be featured in the Necrozma arc. If that's the case I could see SM being resolved by November, honestly.
>>
>>36085734
That's not the XY family, mate
>>
>>36087010
>hurr they were family
Why are XYfags so cringe when it comes to the show?
>>
>>36086992
LGPE are remakes

ORAS had zero impact on the anime, so there's no reason to believe LGPE will have any impact either
>>
>>36087010
>non-existent group chemistry

yeah no
>>
>>36087033
ORAS presented no real opportunity to affect the show. Nobody wanted to see May, Max or any other AG character return in any capacity, so they went with advertising the legendaries.
>>
>>36087033
>mega evolution specials
>the movie showcasing portals to legendary pokemon
>zero impact
>>
>>36087041
you must have watched the wrong show then

Bro camaredie between Clemont and Ash
Sibling bonds of Bonnie and Clemont
Big Sis and lil Sis between Serena and Bonnie
That time Bonnie was in danger and Ash literally crossed a ravine using Drifloons as stepping stones
Bonnie taking care and brushing everyone's pokemon
Amour

Please watch XY again instead of shitpost
>>
>>36087031
>
Everyone is cringe when it comes to the show.
>>
Best companions:
Dawn > Serena > Brock > May > Clemont > Misty > Bonnie > SM folks > Iris > Cilan > Max > Tracey
>>
>>36087108
>standard interactions and a one-sided ship makes them family
>>
>>36087143
Ash/Clemont was about as good as Ash/Brock, I agree, except it was more dynamic because it had some rivalry at least. Clemont/Bonnie was good. Serena/Clemont really wasn't anything at all. Serena/Bonnie was also really good. Bonnie is the only sibling character that really worked on the anime and she is also good with Ash. Misty/Brock was really better than Clemont/Serena, miles better actually. Misty/Ash was not as good as Ash/Serena, but it was good. Ash/Serena was really, really good, they complement each other really well, though it wasn't as great as Ash/Dawn, but the romance makes them equiparable at least.
>>
>>36087108
>Bro camaredie between Clemont and Ash
Literally Ash and Kiawe
>Sibling bonds of Bonnie and Clemont
Literally Mallow and Lana
>Big Sis and lil Sis between Serena and Bonnie
Literally Mallow and Lillie
>Bonnie taking care and brushing everyone's pokemon
Oh wow!
>Amour
>Relying on shipping
>>
>>36087197
that romance was terrible and was an active determent to their relationship. shipping usually is bad as it is, but so much of their time together were them essentially talking past each other due to ash's obliviousness, and even worse that it took center-stage during most of the interactions.

ash and misty had a much better dynamic than he and serena did and, even more importantly, it actually evolved as a friendship. serena didn't do anything that dawn or may hadn't done better before her.
>>
>>36085734
>hotheaded kid who doesn’t learn
>knowledgeable but easily distracted older brother
>the straight woman
They actually had a good dynamic.
>>
>>36087147
>Serena
>Anywhere close to best

She's the shittest. And like her only uniterrupted battles are attacking Team Rocket. For 150 episodes.
>>
Most likely Gen 8, Ash and Serena companions
>>
>>36088073
Serena is never coming back
>>
>>36088077
never you, bad oldfan genwunner
>>
>>36086918
>Sinnoh levels of hype
Now those were the good ol' days, honestly? The peak.

>Kalos levels of hype
And that was a fucking tragedy.

>It certainly won't reach Sinnoh and kalos levels of hype
>>
>>36087147
>Best companions:

May > Dawn > Brock > Misty >Lana > Clian > Tracey > Max > Mallow > Lillie > Bonnie > Serena > Iris
>>
>>36087147
>Serena before brock
>>
>>36085890

One of the old anime writers said Misty will never come back full time because swapping out girls adds more eye candy for boys.
>>
>>36085742
This at very best they will compete in the Alola league if it doesn't have an entry requirement.
>>
>>36088581
>Max above anyone
>Above Bonnie
Your opinion is a garbage fire and should be eradicated from the earth.
>>
File: You know who it is.jpg (13 KB, 220x229)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>36088581
>Max that high
>>
>>36087222
>Sibling Bonds
>Mallow and Lana
They aren't related. You lost any credibility you had.
>>
>>36089433
That was a joke.

The real reason Misty was dropped was because they didn't know what to do with her, and they had to choose between Misty and Team Rocket when it came to who to drop to make room for new characters in AG.
>>
>"My rock-hard willpower is evident in even my Pokémon.
>My Pokémon are all rock hard and have true-grit determination.
i can already see Brock's rock-hard dialogue edited out of the game
>>
>>36085703
They don't matter
>>
>>36087010
>That's not the XY family, mate
dumbest post i've seen this week
>>
>>36085792
Gen 8 is 2019 so it can be resolved by then. Any episodes until then will be filler. There will never be another Battle Frontier (both in game or in the anime)
>>
>>36091900
Well yeah, because Battle Frontier in the anime WAS filler to pass time until Gen 4
>>
>>36085843
kek, confirmed for not watching SM (fyi, Ash won the equivalent of 6 gym badges in 77 episodes). This series has fuck all outright filler.
>>
>>36085964
Well, yeah to be fair TR are more main cast than Lillie is or ever will be, an entire ep focusing on them once in a while isn't unprecedented.
>>
>>36091911
It was reactionary filler, they were all set to go with it until GF said they were going to be late with the game. This time out, they likely had the heads-up well in advance from GF and have planned accordingly. I don't think they're going to turn it drastically away from what it currently is (and can't see them much beyond another cameo from Brock and Misty with them). Regardless of what this place thinks, SM is still doing pretty well in Japan and they've a lot of unreleased Lillie shit to push before 2019.
>>
>>36085964
Team Rocket are also main characters.
>>
>>36085703
WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW MY WAIFU ERIKA YET AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.