[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1510477139866.png (162 KB, 1386x1245)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>Playing Plat
>Have to deal with constantly switching an hm slave into my team just to progress.
Should I just drop someone from my team and run a dedicated hm slave slot?
>>
>>36736587
you mean a bibarel slot?

i do that
don't really care, i generally don't use a full team of 6 mons anyway in dpp
empoleon, luxray, dragon-sama and lucario are like, the only appealing pokes available anyways
>>
>>36737019
>empoleon, luxray, dragon-sama and lucario are like, the only appealing pokes available anyways
Jesus Christ how do you have taste this awful
>>
>>36736587
Just keep doing it until you get a flyer then you can fly to the pokemon center. Most games have more appealing pokemon and better use of HM moves. Platinum is just shit all around.
>>
File: SolLun.jpg (68 KB, 292x346)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>36736587
This is something that I always hate about older games, at least Gen VII got it right with the Pokeride feature. Oh and BW needing almost no HMs except Cut.
>Should I just drop someone from my team and run a dedicated hm slave slot?
Seems like your best option, yeah.
>>
>>36736587
use bibarel + tripius for all hm
>>36737376
it was pretty good. basculin + rufflet were great hm slaves
>>
>>36736587
Stop being autistic about movesets on in game Pokemon. If the six Pokemon you're using don't cover the HMs, you've made your team according to modern games and it's a bad team.
Your flier can defog. A physical water type can have Surf. Almost every fully evolved Pokemon can learn Strength and Rock Smash, and enough learn Cut and Rock Climb. Stop being a little bitch
>>
>>36737417
>Surf
>Physical
>>
>>36737019
>tfw my Plat team is Empoleon, Luxray, Lucario, Weavile, and 2 HM slaves
You know, even though it's a shillmon at least Game Freak still had enough neurons to make it good
>>36737400
>use bibarel + tripius for all hm
This. Bibarel and Tropius can learn all 8 HMs
>>
File: (you).jpg (32 KB, 632x632)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>36737267
Go play with your carnivine and toxicroak somewhere else.
>>
>>36738370
>implying anybody likes Carnivine
So you have shit taste and you're delusional, gotcha
>>
>>36737430
>reading comprehension
>>
>>36737417
>NO, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH A GIMPED PARTY YOU'RE JUST BEING A BABY XD
A major selling point of the games are the battle mechanics. Why should I give myself a less fun experience in that regard just because GF decided to shove some arbitrary overworld obstacles in the game? Why can't I use moves that are fun to use, rather than clogging up 1/4th of my moveset with a move that does literally nothing in battle.
>>
File: James_Carnivine_Bind.png (1.44 MB, 1174x881)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>36738601
hey
fuck you buddy
don't shit on carnivine
>>
>>36738370
>>36738601
Both of you can fuck off Carnivine is an absolute bro
>>
Just get a Bibarel and a Skarmory and you're set. If you can't beat the game just rotating four actually useful mons until the league you're a scrub.
>>
>>36739480
>Skarmory in Sinnoh dex

Good one. Bibarel and any bird for Fly and perhaps Defog is all you need. Surf and Waterfall are good enough to be actual moves.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.