[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ORAS.jpg (237 KB, 880x400)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
What went wrong?

Definitely interested in hearing from people who liked Gen III but didn't appreciate these remakes.
>>
zinnia
>>
Zinnia
>>
they gave it the 3ds nu-treatment instead of the proper remastering treatment fr/lg and hg/ss got
>>
Even though they could’ve been a lot better (like at or almost the level of HGSS), I’m still thankful of what I got at the end as there’s plenty of good parts that hold my interests while playing it.
>>
>>36737347
what are you talking about? it was the same
>>
>>36737330
The music, music in remake games never sounds better than the music in the originals.
>>
Pokemon burnout
Great remakes but people didn't want to play more pokemon game, they wanted the facilities
>>
I didn’t even like gen 3 too much, so I’m just gonna keep hush on my opinions of ORAS.
>>
File: oras lati@s.png (633 KB, 469x835)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
>>36737330
Zinnia but also other things

To speak generally about it, the remake was made by people who didn't understand the original. The big example I can think of, the one that made me realize how truly bad it was, was when you get Surf.
In the original, when you get Surf there are three paths you can take; Surf to Slateport (Briney's ship likely isn't there because you probably travelled back to Petalburg via Rusturf Tunnel or Meteor Falls) and experience new routes plus find the Abandoned Ship, go back up to Rusturf and probably Surf north to the area with Jigglypuff as a curiosity, or just head through Route 103 if you remembered that patch of water exists. It gives the player choices to return to Mauville and two of the three have new content while the third rewards good memory with a shortcut.
In ORAS, when you get Surf you are instantly teleported by Wally to Mauville before the cutscene ends. You are not given any choice in the matter, all that content you were supposed to organically run into is skipped unless you backtrack, they cut the entire experience of travelling and exploring set up by the original for the sake of streamlining the game. It's a microcosm of the main problem of ORAS, cutting away things in the original for the sake of streamlining and convenience. There are more cutscenes so the player can tell where they're supposed to go, there are more free healing spots so the player has less to worry about, there's pic fucking related where the postgame roaming quest is replaced with a story encounter that hands you a 600BST Legendary with a Mega Stone barely halfway into the game and LITERALLY makes you take it by forcing you to box one of your 'mons, even if you had a full team of six that you planned on using for the rest of the game, because it's THAT important that the player have a Legendary this early. The adventure of the game is sanded down and made safe because of GF's general policy that kids are dumb and can't handle a video game.
>>
They were too faithful to the source materia and because (unlike RBY and GSC) Ruby and Sapphire are actually playable games, they don't have much point.
Would have been better with 100 later gen Pokemon added to the dex, some new areas of substance (rather than just the Mirage Islands), and a Challenge mode to counteract how piss easy the games have become
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (738 KB, 1092x1610)
738 KB
738 KB PNG
>>
>>36737330
Cucked, small, linear overworld for one. I also detested how all of the features from emerald were removed, whereas not only where crystal’s features retained in HGSS there were even new ones. ORAS was really a step backwards in alsmot every regard, worse overworld, less features and a copy pasted postgame. RSE even had multiple different sprites for trees and rocks for the overworld, with route 113 being the best example, in ORAS there was only one re-colored tree sprite used for the whole game

Zinnia posters are just memeing, yeah she was part of the short, rushed postgame, but the issues with ORAS go well beyond her as a character

Dexnav was the only good inclusion, so naturally gf removed it for gen 7
>>
>>36737330
>>36737392
To continue, let's talk about different or smaller areas of failure.

Double battles were completely revamped in Emerald to be more organic. In RS, double battles were always scripted and the opposing trainers always only had one Pokémon each. In Emerald, on top of scripted battles you could have organic doubles where two trainers met your eye at once. Trainers combined their entire teams in this case and you could find some doubles where you fought four or rarely even five 'mons. You could also sometimes engage them individually for two single battles if you felt the need to avoid a double. It gave the player more obstacles but also more choice in tackling those obstacles, and the changed mechanic was so good it was retained in DPPt and HGSS.
ORAS copypasted the RS method wholesale completely ignoring Emerald's improvements. All doubles are scripted, and all doubles trainers have one 'mon each. The only exceptions are the laughable horde trainer battles and Steven's multi battle in ORAS.
Now let's talk about that multi battle. The Mossdeep takeover is one of the only bits of Emerald content to be adapted in ORAS, along with the (actually decently adapted) Champion battle against Wallace and the (very terribly adapted because Zinnia) Sky Pillar being a plot event. In Emerald, Steven brought three Pokémon matched with the opponent and your opponents had one of the only full teams in the game, making it a 9v6 if you had a full team, almost even. In ORAS, despite this taking place in a LATER part of the game and being technically optional, they BUFFED Steven to a full team of six at a higher level than the opponent and REMOVED three of the opponent's Pokémon. It is just about impossible to lose this fight. I fucking tried to lose on purpose by only attacking Steven's team and he managed to beat the enemy by himself singlehandedly despite that. It's the best example of ORAS nerfing the difficulty in an unsatisfying way.
>>
>>36737392
I don't understand this argument, you don't need to take every shortcut and convenience the game gives to you
I never was impeded by either of these things
obviously, soaring enables exploration, too
>>
>>36737392
didn't mind the free lati@s at all honestly. just box the thing if you don't want a midgame legendary

beats the way you got them in the originals. thank god they killed roamers
>>
There are some things that it does well (soaring, improved bases, etc), but there are just as many things that it drops the ball on (Delta Episode, removed features, etc). It evens out to being nearly as good as Emerald, but after a decade there's no reason why it shouldn't have blown Emerald out of the water.
>>
>>36737446
I like the story around them, gives aqua/magma more presence in the world
if you want an example of truly poorly managed legendaries, look no further than b2w2's swords of valour
>>
Before I continue my long rant I just want to say >>36737398 is a shit image which nitpicks too hard and ignores the larger problems with the game, do not pay attention to it. I almost want to say that image was made by a strawman to make ORAS look better.

>>36737330
>>36737392
>>36737425
All Emerald content not mentioned in the last post, excluding engine updates which made it into every generation since Emerald (i.e. breeding changes) was excluded. Battle Frontier is gone as I'm sure you know because it's the first thing everyone mentions, but smaller things lost were the Gym Leader rematches in postgame, Juan appearing at all, the Desert Underpass, the Mirage Tower, the alternate hideout for Magma, and FRLG additions like the Trainer Hill. With the exception of Magma Hideout which would require a tweak to the Delta Episode to work, all of these could be incorporated with zero changes to the story and there is zero reason not to include them besides Game Freak's penchant for laziness. In addition to this, a lot of content that was in Ruby and Sapphire is missing. Game Corner is gone (they didn't even have a Voltorb Flip replacement, they just removed the content with nothing in its place), Granite Cave was gutted, New Mauville was MASSACRED, some Trick Room puzzles were removed, Safari Game was removed, and there were smaller changes on top of these.

I'm not responding to individual replies until I'm done with my giant textwall, but to preempt the argument of "I didn't like that feature so it's good that it's gone with no replacement," don't give Game Freak any more encouragement to be lazy than they already have. Roaming Pokémon, the Safari Game, the Game Corner, etc. all add texture to the game. If you don't find it fun to catch roamers, save your Master Ball for it. If you don't like the Game Corner, buy coins. The majority of Safari 'mons are catchable by other means, and the ones that aren't can be traded. Don't cut content just because it's boring to you.
>>
>>36737330
Too much handholding. Like RS are among the easiest games in the series, why would they handhold you even harder than before? Your rival shows up so much more often.
>>
Let's be real, here: GF is not the most effort-putting or innovative developer, but fanbases in general are also far to greedy, generally speaking, especially because, rightfully so, most of them don't actually know what it means to develop a game and therefore are naive and set their expectations far too high.
>>
>>36737330
Gen 3 is my favorite, i fucking laughed out loud when they just GAVE you latias/latios not even halfway through the game, I enjoyed it overall though
>>
>>36737398
So basically Masuda is saying people are gonna resort to smartphone games therefor he doesn't bother putting effort into ORAS? wow
>>
The worst offense for me was how gamefreak almost remade the entire region tile-by-tile using the nu-3D graphics, which may be able to actually look good, if not for the fact that they had 3D graphics over a tile based more 2D skeleton
>>
>>36737330
“Remakes” that somehow had less substance than the originals. Also ORAS ignored all of the inprovemenrs and additions in Emerald
>>
>>36737355
I can understand for some of the tracks but think there is some really great new renditions such as Archie and Maxie’s theme. It also has a lot of original songs that are down right fantastic most of which go under appreciated since they play very rarely or in post game.
>>
>>36737330
How to fix ORAS
>Make it a remix of emerald story with the leader villian team being swapped during some events
>Replace game coner with pinball or some shit
>Make it so you can get all megas in the story
>add battle frontier
>fix some more bosses move sets
>add in 2-5 postgame routes or make the mirage spots dungeons
>>
File: Battle Resort.png (515 KB, 640x451)
515 KB
515 KB PNG
>>36737330
>>36737392
>>36737398
>>36737425
>>36737493
Let's quickly talk about things I liked about ORAS. Magma and Aqua were both handled well and I enjoyed the extra detail put into their characterization. Same goes for your rival and Wally, I liked the former having more presence after Lilycove and I'm glad Wally had a more concrete arc instead of the bare bones of one like in RSE. The Secret Bases were updated nicely and the online implementation was handled very competently. I don't hate Aarune or Lisia, and I thought the postgame overworld encounters with the Gym Leaders were a nice touch to bring the world to life, even if HGSS did it better (while also adding Gym Leader remakes to a game that originally had none). There's probably something else ORAS didn't do wrong but I can't think of it.

The visuals in ORAS are trash. Not as trash as LGPE, but LGPE being worse doesn't excuse it. It doesn't feel like Hoenn was properly updated for the new hardware the way Johto was in HGSS, everything is blocky and too saturated. They also couldn't make the region work on the hardware from a technical perspective, shoving route gates everywhere breaking the flow of the game.
Music is also trash. Masuda's "expert team" of Shota Kageyama and especially Minako Adachi didn't know what they were fucking doing. Kageyama had some good original compositions in Gen 5 admittedly, but Adachi's work in SM convinces me he's just a shit musician. Most tracks are inferior to the original, with the worst being butcherings like Route 113. Little care was put in keeping the songs accurate to the original, while only a few like Mt. Chimney were different enough for me to respect as their own interpretation. It was mostly the same thing but worse.
Mirage Islands were cheap and low effort, with many island layouts copypasted and Legendary themes copied from Gen 4/5 directly. There's little fanfare to it, it feels like they just shoved all these Legendaries in for the sake of accessibility.
>>
>>36737518
You say that, but there's an anon typing out a laundry list of reasons why ORAS is inferior to even the original games. For heaven's sake, look what they did to New Mauville >>36737493
Doesn't help that these games came after the competent FRLG and the stuffed-to-the-brim HGSS
>>
>>36737330
I loved Emerald in no small part because of the Battle Frontier. Masuda was too lazy to include the BF in the remakes.
>>
>>36737330
I bought this game a month ago expecting it to be like Ruby, but yeah, it's toned down to be sure.

How depressing. Why did modern game developers have to become to lazy in recent years?
>>
>>36737493
>">>36737398 is a shit image which nitpicks too hard and ignores the larger problems with the game, do not pay attention to it"
>Makes most of the points that the image makes
What exactly is your problem with it?
>>
>>36737569
>butcherings like route 113

I’m still mad

Route 113 was so unique and atmospheric in RSE, and it ORAS it was just another route
>>
File: zinnia gets fugged.jpg (287 KB, 1174x918)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>36737330
>>36737392
>>36737425
>>36737493
>>36737569
I have to stop ranting at some point so I'll just get to the conclusion. ORAS was made because of a meme, and Ohmori didn't care about Hoenn. I hated SM but comparing it to ORAS it was clear Ohmori at least had SOME passion in making it, even if a lot of content got clearly cut and Lillie ruined the entire experience. ORAS was phoned in to cash on the hype, and every aspect of the product reflects that. Game Freak CAN do better, they did it with HGSS less than five years before ORAS, but complacency by fans who are willing to buy anything have caused GF to not try. We're currently at the apex of that with LGPE, and it happened because games like ORAS and USUM happened and were consisted acceptable. I dislike ORAS as much as I do because we're never going to get an HGSS-tier treatment of Hoenn like it deserves, we'll never get a new Hoenn that surpasses Emerald as the definitive version with all the improvements made to the series since Gen 3, and because ORAS' success has only lowered the bar for Pokémon games even more. I'm not even a Hoennbaby, Johto is my first and favorite region, but Hoenn deserved fucking better and I only pray that Game Freak gets their shit slapped by Nintendo and forced to try again before they decide to remake Sinnoh.
>>
>>36737594
what are you talking about? they were the same
>>
>>36737599
Not him but they use a weird sort of "techno" or whatever effect for it whereas the original was more straightforward and had a more melancholic feel as a result.
https://youtu.be/6hGWPmW4OxI
https://youtu.be/x3ZUBRfdKB8
It's hard for me to describe.
>>
>>36737392
>>36737425
>>36737493
>>36737569
>>36737597
Based and redpilled
>>
>>36737569
Don't forget the part where your Rival finally fully-evolved his/her starter.
>>
I thought the delta episode was tight and much better than spear pillar, gen 4 did bike puzzles significantly better so I never considered it a very interesting dungeon
exposition is more interesting
>>
Would ORAS be vindicated by history in the future?
>>
>>36737649
probably, most of its "problems" are player psychology causing its own stress, after time it will be like gen 5 and regarded fairly well
>>
I can imagine Masuda saying to /vp/ "Hey, you guys wanted a R/S remake, now you got it! Quit whining and be thankful of what you got!"
>>
>>36737392
>they cut the entire experience of travelling and exploring set up by the original for the sake of streamlining the game. It's a microcosm of the main problem of ORAS, cutting away things in the original
The example you've mentioned is the only non-optional teleport in the remakes, calm your tits. ORAS do not trust player's intelligence but don't pretend like you can't explore optional areas anymore.

Additionally, some of the changes were honestly a godsend because the random placement of HMs in RS was obnoxious. This is my opinion though, some people prefer to have pointless obstacles in their way.

>>36737425
What the fuck are you comparing in the picture? Emerald's battle is a boss battle in the main storyline, ORAS' battle is a standard battle in the postgame. Even the context is completely different for these battles.
Also, Emerald's battle sucks ass because it relies on RNG but I digress

>>36737493
>Don't cut content just because it's boring to you
This is equally shitty argument as "cut content because it's boring to me". Different people have different opinions and there is an audience which never liked shit liked Roaming Legendaries, Safari Game and Game Corner. Your response to them is basically "deal with it, I liked it". Nice.
>If you don't find it fun to catch roamers, save your Master Ball for it
You still have to find the damn things.
>The majority of Safari 'mons are catchable by other means
Blatant lie. Pikachu, Doduo, Natu, Girafarig, Wobbuffet and many more Pokemon are exclusive to Safari.

>>36737569
>with many island layouts copypasted
Yea, I'm going to need a proof for this claim.

>>36737597
>ORAS was made because of a meme, and Ohmori didn't care about Hoenn
This is such a retarded conclusion I'm at a loss for words. Read the interview added to ORAS, nigger.
>>
>>36737330
As someone who loves gen 3, these are good remakes. Not HG/SS tier, but better than FR/LG, and new features like the dexnav and soaring, quality of life improvements etc. are really nice. The only real downer is no battle frontier.
>>
>>36737690
Not bad. But watch out, /vp/ doesn't like fans who liked Gen 6 and/or Gen 7.
>>
>>36737587
It just focuses too hard on the small details, like overstating the Game Corner. Removing the Game Corner is absolutely trashy, but singling it out just makes it too big so someone who didn't like the Game Corner will brush it off as "well I didn't like the feature so it's good that it's gone" even though there are plenty of other features also removed.
Also the Pokéwalker argument is far too superfluous in my opinion.
Maybe it's just the formatting that makes me dislike it so much, but the image makes my skin crawl.
>>36737427
>you don't need to take every shortcut and convenience the game gives to you
In the case of the Surf warp, you do. You cannot say no. But to address the argument in general because there are optional warps that I was allowed to and did skip, every convenience you add sands down the adventure a bit. Having some convenience is good, it's nice to keep a game from being too harsh and unforgiving unless that's the intent, which it definitely isn't for Pokémon. Gen 6 and 7 go too far, though. The constant interruptions make it no longer feel like an adventure. I feel like I'm following a railroad, and even when I say no to May healing me or teleporting me to my destination, it feels like I'm fighting against the game when I ignore them, which makes me feel like an idiot for playing less optimally.
>>36737446
I did box it. I walked all the way back to Mallville, boxed it, grabbed the Pokémon I was using before, and then walked back. But the game still had the fucking NERVE to force it on me as if it was better than the 'mon I had been raising for several badges.
>>
>>36737330
I LOVED gen 3. Even its shitty trumpet OST and water. It was a step down from gold(fuck silverfags) but its solid.

I got ORAS, OR specifically, and it didnt feel like an upgrade. Thats my biggest issue, only that pokedex shit was top tier. They also ruined Rayquazas tower.
>>
>>36737713
take responsibility for your own adventure is my advice to you, even if I am teleported I know what my own goals are
pokemon is designed to have many module difficulty and convenience factors, you do what you enjoy
>>
>>36737656
I will fully admit that I disliked Gen 5 at its release but grew fond of it replaying it after XY's release. Gen 5 did have things going for it that I ignored, and even the most controversial aspect for me at the time ("muh Pikachu") became a positive after I got exactly what I thought I wanted when XY had almost no Pokémon and far too many Kanto 'mons. I have played through ORAS three times, which happens to be more times than I've played through any other game Gen 5 or beyond, and most recently after the release of USUM. Each time I played it I found myself disliking it more and more.
There is no "Zelda cycle" with Pokémon. There has never been a "Zelda cycle" with Pokémon. There's hardly even a "Zelda cycle" with Zelda, it only ever affected Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. People were claiming XY would become loved in Gen 7 according to the "Zelda cycle" but I still hate it with a passion and so do a lot of other people.
>>36737690
I do prefer HMs, yes. I feel HMs create a more organic region, and XY's and 7's roadblocks are so inorganic that it makes me want to vomit. I've gotten to the point that I intentionally ignore the plot so I can look at all the roadblocks and see how little effort was put into making them feel organic.
>Emerald's battle is a boss battle in the main storyline, ORAS' battle is a standard battle in the postgame.
They were adaptions of the same event. Each battle took place after working your way through several floors of grunts, and multi battles are rare enough that the existence of one is special. I don't see how ORAS' encounter wasn't a boss battle. The plot did change because of how the event was adapted into the Delta Episode, but the context is still clear from a gameplay perspective.
>Your response to them is basically "deal with it, I liked it".
Damn straight. Some people like things. Don't remove things you can ignore if other people like them. I don't call to remove IVs.
(cont)
>>
>>36737690
>What the fuck are you comparing in the picture? Emerald's battle is a boss battle in the main storyline, ORAS' battle is a standard battle in the postgame.
He's comparing the Rocket Center takeover events and how A, Courtney and the Magma Grunt only have three pokemon together while Maxie and Tabitha had 6 and B. How Steven now uses his full team of 6 rather than limiting himself to 3 like the other trainers.
The fact that a post-game fight is easier than a plotline fight is probably even worse, come to think of it.
>>
>>36737597
The sad reality is just that game freak stopped giving a fuck with the 3D era because it's easier to shit out games now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2qm0w9/the_official_reason_why_game_freak_has_released/
>>
>>36737518
no, what's greedy is game freak selling 3-4 copies of the same game every generation while putting minimal effort in and even removing features that were in previous generations.
>>
>>36737690
>>36737756
I do apologize for my statement about the Safari Zone though, I had misstated. I meant to say "they're available in other Gen 3 games" and that rading was referring to trading with other people who had the game. I was very unclear about that and I suppose players might not have had copies of FRLG or the Colosseum games and needed to trade with others anyway. Still though, ORAS already fixed that issue by virtue of the GTS existing. You can get 'mons that way if you want.
To be quite frank I'd settle with letting players roam the Safari Zone as is in ORAS but adding the Safari Game as an optional minigame with RSE mechancis, similar to the National Park's Bug Contest in Johto. They didn't do that, though.
>Yea, I'm going to need a proof for this claim.
The ones I remember specifically are the Legendary islands. Some of them have the EXACT same maps just with different Legendaries coming out of the portals.
>Read the interview added to ORAS
I trust Masuda and Ohmori's word about as much as I can fucking throw them. These are the same people who said the Frontier wasn't included because nobody wanted to spend time playing a Pokémon game when they have smartphones.
>>
Should GF really listen to the vocal minority (/vp/) to make their games better? As much as I want the games to be the best they can be, I don't think that's good for business.
>>
>>36737330
>>36737347
>"what went wrong" /v/ bait
>cover art thread
>followed by massive samefagging
>"remastering" because dumb shill doesnt know what remakes are
>the first obvious samefag uses "nu"
the "nu" alone proves this is a pokebarneyfag thread. Who triggered you this time, pbf? Did you find out again that everybody still loves oras or did you just realized you're a landwhale?
>>
>>36737848
>"remastering" because dumb shill doesnt know what remakes are
holy fuck this
>>36737347
found the third worlder sony shill
>>
>>36737816
If you're talking about ORAS then it's not a vocal minority. Japs hated it just as much, ESPECIALLY Zinnia. Even the manga got to beat her shit up >>36737597
>>
>>36737848
yep, half the thread is obvious pokebarneyfag, another proof is how he samefags about that interview that shes been trying to distort since oras came out: >>36737793
>>36737783
>>36737775
.... pbf doesnt even try to pretend to play pokemon, as her stale reposts prove, yet you'll see this samefagging going on a few more dozen posts as this is her thread
>>
>>36737861
Proof that Japan hated ORAS?
>>
>an anti-oras spam thread 4 years later
some retards dont know when to give up
>>36737330
Before you keep your samefagging goin, pokebarneyfag: post tits or gtfo
>>
>>36737875
I know. I'm like "We get it! You hate ORAS. Stop spamming these threads and move on.".
>>
>>36737869
Shit man, you're asking me to dig through the internet in another language for something that happened 4 years ago. If not ORAS as a whole, you've gotta trust me when I say they really fucking hated Zinnia
>>
>>36737727
>doesn't feel like an upgrade
>dexnav
>portals
>massive post game story
>new chars
>amie+st+improves from previous games
You just outed yourself as having never played either games, you're trying to start a genwar without knowing shit about any pokemon game (as the ost and silverfag comments also prove). Good job wasting your own time, no-life shitposter
>>
>>36737518
>muh entitled fanbase
>a multi-billion dollar company developing a game is very hard, please accept the literal shit they give us
please die
>>
>>36737392
>games literally made by the same people but doesnt understand the orignal because you had an optional choice when getting fucking surf of all things
>followed by other walls of text that make no sense and prove this mongoloid is just throwing pokemon words together
Is this just a bot just sticking random words together now?
>>36737427
That's because you are right, he's literally nitpicking something that doesnt even make sense, is optional and highly minor and pretending its bad by doing massive walls of text as "proof": its either a shitposter or worse.
>>
>>36737888
no I put 200 hours in it. Its post-game was laughable compared to emerald and its really bad vs HG/SS remakes.
>>
File: Legendary mirage spots.png (587 KB, 759x416)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
>>36737756
>They were adaptions of the same event
No. In Emerald, team magma (including Maxie) tries to steal rocket fuel to blow up the mountain. In the remakes, team admin of EITHER team goes rogue and tries to accomplish completely different goal.
Claiming that these events are the same is ridiculous, even though they happen in the same place and have Steven involved.
>Each battle took place after working your way through several floors of grunts
This is false. Delta Episode has one horde trainer battle on the first floor and that's it. Emerald storyline has half a dozen grunt battles between two floors.
>I don't see how ORAS' encounter wasn't a boss battle.
Because it happens in the middle of the story, uses a simple grunt instead of team's leader and it's much easier than Emerald battle.
>Don't remove things you can ignore
I guess you are right, I don't need TMs like Flamethrower and Psychic (or money if I'm buying coins).

>>36737793
>they're available in other Gen 3 games
Get the fuck out with this argument. If you are going to involve trading then I guess there is no point in discussing Pokemon and item placement. "Just trade it, bro".
>The ones I remember specifically are the Legendary islands
They are also different from each other. Pic related.
>I trust Masuda and Ohmori's word about as much as I can fucking throw them.
This is your fucking problem then. Only because you don't like their design decisions doesn't mean they don't give a shit about the games.
And claiming that remakes were caused by memes is just retarded.

>>36737861
>Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have received positive reviews from video game critics
>The games sold 3,040,000 copies in their first three days of sale. Of the total sales, 1,534,593 copies were sold in Japan
Wikipedia.
>Gaming magazine Famitsu gave Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire a score of 37 out of 40
Bulbapedia.

Hating Zinnia doesn't mean people disliked the games. Hell, I hate Zinnia and I love ORAS.
>>
>>36737330
Nothing. ORAS are decent games, and while not my favorites are, objectively speaking, the best remakes in the series even if it hurts me to admit but its the truth:

ORAS >>>>>> FRLG >>>>>>>>>>> HGSS
Those are facts, neither I nor you can argue against.
>>
>>36737906
I can GF works really hard in making these games. They make terrible decisions like with Let's Go sure, but I don't think they're lazy. If they are, then the 3DS Pokémon games would most likely be like Sonic 06 in terms of functionality.
>>
>>36737932
>but I don't think they're lazy
The animations in LGPE are pretty fucking indicative that they're lazy. ORAS not having customization was also pretty much laziness.
>>
>>36737848
My theory is that pbf may have tried to shitpost against oras in another thread again but got btfo when users said to like it/be neutral so he got a melt-down over not being able to force a circlejerk. This happened before and he's going as low as posting redit threads so I believe this to be what's going on
>>36737875
believe me you dont wanna see pbf tits, they are disgusting and deformed.
>>
>>36737332
>>36737337
>>36737392
G A Y
A
Y
>>
>>36737330
>OP's pic
kys, insane samefagger third-worlder
>>
>>36737947
For ORAS not having customization, that's more of a dumb decision than actual laziness.
>>
>>36737597
>>36737569
>>36737493
>>36737425
>>36737392
The fact that anyone in this thread can even disagree with this is shocking
>>
>>36737690
>postgame battle easier than main story battle
In what games pre-ORAS has this ever been the case? You're trying to extinguish a grease fire with water lmao
>cut content is all opinions
So not putting effort or trying new things is okay because some people might not like it? Ok
>mirage islands are slightly different so I'm going to act like this is a valid counterpoint
lol
>>
>>36737970
More like a dumb decision born out of laziness. Why put in effort to put in a wanted feature when most people will buy the game anyway? I will admit that the backlash at least caused them to put in customization in the gen 7 games, thankfully.
>>
Only somewhat related to this thread, but its something I realized while reading this: 3d pokemon regions feel...really small.

When you roam around a flat, pixel world as a a relatively itty-bitty pixel trainer, it leaves room for your imagination to fill in the blanks, and assume what you're seeing is just a representation of something that would probably be much larger, or at least grander, in real life.

A 3d space- at least, the kind they used in ORAS and XY- feels easier to picture in real life, as there's less 2d-to-3d imagining needed, but the space they create feels tiny and underwhelming as a result.

Basically, I wish GameFreak would learn that 3D games need a different kind of world building to make them feel as expansive as 2d ones. ORAS, to me, felt like more of a theme park than a full region. (I think they did this a bit better in SuMo, but I know that's just most shit opinion.)

Or maybe I'm just speaking like a mad man who doesn't actually understand, feel free to yell at me if you have a different opinion.
>>
>>36737977
To quote this one anon from another GF thread: "lots of people on /vp/ see one thing they don't like and stretch it over the entire game
it makes discussion really unproductive, but hey, at least thinking in absolutes is probably easy on their brains".
>>
>>36737987
they were always going to add customization to gen 7,it just had no place in oras because brendan and may are established characters with design elements that would be lost in customization
>>
>>36737996
>ORAS, to me, felt like more of a theme park than a full region. (I think they did this a bit better in SuMo, but I know that's just most shit opinion.)
ORAS was literally translated from 2d to 3d and the region itself is larger than what Alola has. But I guess that goes back to your point about the 3d translation being awkward, right?
>>
>>36737883
lol
>>
>>36738002
Serena is an established character but you can still customize her if you choose to play as her in XY. Same with the rival character in ORAS. Being able to customize the player character has no bearing on how they act when they're a rival. So no, it was still done out of laziness. This was reinforced when they said "duhhh, it's specific to kalos :^)" and then backtracked when gen 7 was revealed.
>>
>>36737978
>postgame battle easier than main story battle
My whole fucking point about Mossdeep situation is that these battles are not comparable, you retard.
>So not putting effort or trying new things is okay because some people might not like it? Ok
Oh but there are a plenty of new things. BuzzNav, DexNav, Soaring, Delta Episode etc. And of top of that you have improved old stuff like the new Pokedex, better TM pool, Mirage Island(s). But I guess these don't matter because you can't spend 5 hours grinding coins in Game Corner.
>>mirage islands are slightly different so I'm going to act like this is a valid counterpoint
It is a valid counterargument to the "they are the same" argument. I basically gave a proof to the false claim with no proof. Laughing at me means that you are out of options.
>>
>>36738016
serena was not until after the gen 6 games were already developed, that's not really relevant
>>
>>36738033
I sure hope you’re not referring to the anime and realize who the rival character is if you pick the male protagonist in XY.
>>
>>36737775
Who the fuck is pbf?
>>
File: Hoenn_Route_119_E.png (68 KB, 640x2240)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>36737996
Oh yes I've noticed this and it's super obvious with Hoenn because it's a) the only one with a direct comparison and b) made easier with how everything is so shittily square. I think it has something to do with the proportion of the character and the "tile" + the camera angle because you're looking more from above in the oldergames and as such the character can be seen as small too, which is helped by limitations of sprites. In the new games you see things from a more ground-level view and the limitations of the console/size of the area is more obvious. Gen 6 is a good example in general because tiles still exist and you can see how their size relates to the surroundings. It also has the problem of a really bare "border" Remember the trees in gen 1-5 that blocked you from going "outside" the routes? They're gone now and it makes the whole world seem empty and barren. All these things are obvious when seeing Hoenn maps like pic related. There are actually more tiles in ORAS but for some reason RSE looks bigger.
>>
>>36738019
Also for the Game Corner, you can't blame GF for getting rid of it due to the European law against underage gambling. Yes, we could've got an alternative like an arcade (Which I think it should've been a thing since Gen V).
>>
File: Hoenn_Route_119_ORAS.png (1.41 MB, 621x1488)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>36738049
Notice the weather institute
>>
>>36737330
ORAS is prolly the best remake, at least way better than heartgold and I replayed both to say that
so nothing did tbqh
>>
>OP talks to himself
its this "pokebarneyfag" shitposter people always talk right, is it a crazy retard of some sort? Cause shitposters usually take something out of it, OP's acting like hes having a fever dream
>>
>>36737756
>There is no "Zelda cycle" with Pokémon. There has never been a "Zelda cycle" with Pokémon. There's hardly even a "Zelda cycle" with Zelda, it only ever affected Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. People were claiming XY would become loved in Gen 7 according to the "Zelda cycle" but I still hate it with a passion and so do a lot of other people.
Except there is though: the zelda cycle is about new kids being nostalgic about newer games and replacing the older fanbase as it goes, its not about the same people changing their mind all the time, and is specially not about a single retard (read you) that hates the series but can't go away and doesnt represent the rest.
There's people coming to say they like xy lately, it doesnt matter if "you" autistically "hate it with a passion" because this cycle was never about your feelings, the world doesnt turn around you, even if your mother told you that when you became a snowflake.

You're reposting this a lot here so its easier to track youre the bulbapedo forums user "bolt the cat" and reddit user "crimsonkyurem", you've been spamming this shit on multiple sites over and over and everytime people explain it to you, you get butthurt ignore them and comes back saying the same thing, like you did here.
You know you're wrong and what the zelda cylce is by now, but you're so autistic and corrupt you'd rather delude yourslef by wirting it and no one disagreing than accepting the truth: you're an underaged nostalgiafag who never liked pokemon. You'll keep hating newer games no matter what comes next and then scream that no one likes them because you lack enough brain chemicals to formulate that your shit taste = / = facts
>>
>>36738105
I just noticed that the post you quoted was the first mentioning the zelda cycle, meaning bolt the cat was either replying to himself, or trying to make up for some old discussion he lost either here on in other site too, to add insult to the injury.
>>36737756
I know that >>36737756 lives in australia, is there any aussie around crazy enough to kill some retard kid for the sake of the board? It's boring that every site has to become a forced cirlcejerk just because a single kid by himself can't let people like things he never played.
>>
>>36737907
>Is this just a bot just sticking random words together now?
Can you explain what exactly you found confusing my posts? I used the Surf section as an example of Game Freak removing exploration from the game out of fear that younger players would get scared off, instead opting for convenience at the cost of everything else. It's a microcosm of ORAS' design flaws, taking one of my favorite aspects of the original game (the way the world opens up upon getting Surf) and gutting it.
>>
>>36738120
the exploration was not removed
>>
File: game corner.png (3 KB, 167x160)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>36738019
>My whole fucking point about Mossdeep situation is that these battles are not comparable
You're right, they're not. Because one battle is in postgame when opponents have more than 3 pokemon on their team.
>Breeding/catching mechanics are adequate replacements for sidequests that don't involve competitive
I don't give a fuck about what moves or nature my pokemon has so the only good thing to come out of the Dexnav was using as a pokeradar to catch postgame mons
>Buzznav
New communication mechanics aren't a good trade for sidequests
>flying around my mom's baking soda volcano
Only good thing was music and while it was comfy it probably only took ~2 days to make. Still not a good trade off for cut content
Also
>implying the only thing removed was the game corner
------
>It is a valid counterargument to the "they are the same" argument
Well I'm not the original anon so I'll give you this one. I took as a complaint that mirage spots are essentially a forced grass/cave and exotic pokemon in the middle of the ocean which is in itself a really lazy way of adding new pokemon but I guess I overestimated your intelligence to not taking things literally
>>
>>36737996
It's understandable. To be fair to Gen 6, outside of battle it was mostly chibi which is why it might come off as that way.
>>
>>36737816
It doesn’t really matter, people will buy the games regardless
>>
>>36738126
But it basically was. Even though the paths are still there and you can backtrack and return to them, you aren't making your way toward your next destination anymore.
To compare it to a genre much more heavily focused on exploration, think about Metroid. Imagine if, in Super Metroid, you beat Ridley, and then were teleported straight to Crateria again. Moving to-and-from different parts of the world in Metroid is part of the fun, using new tools to get through areas in different ways and finding new pickups with them. Pokémon is a more scaled back version of it but it still applies. You're supposed to get to Mauville from Petalburg through your own pathmaking. It's part of the journey, just like how in Zelda: Breath of the Wild you need to find a path to your next destination on your own, and getting there is most of the fun. If BotW added teleports to-and-from your destinations then that would remove a large part of the game, and that kind of content is lost here.
Notice how Johto and Hoenn each have a completely optional, superfluous one-way route at certain points in the game when you need to backtrack, Routes 45-46 in the former and Route 123 in the latter. In both games, you already have Fly at this point and talking with other people I learned that most just do Fly to where they need to go, but the route is there to make travelling more organic, so moving there without Fly is more interesting. I think people who choose to just Fly are missing out on part of the game, and I feel that problem is even more exaggerated in ORAS with this warp that skips over one of the best moments where the game opens its asshole wide and tells you to ram your penis in, except the penis is exploration. Gen 5+ just don't have a lot of exploration as is, so retroactively removing it from RSE is a major sin in my opinion.
>>
File: j46af.gif (559 KB, 500x374)
559 KB
559 KB GIF
wow, so many people should drop dead.
>>
File: 1538440709174.jpg (424 KB, 1280x1317)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>36737706
>>36737727
They were what I expected, but at times alarmingly to the letter.

The "expected" updates- the extra characterization, the realization of record mixing as concept with sharable bases and buzznav, readily-access contests with a legitimate superboss (this makes me happy), Mirage Islands actually serving a purpose, more diving- were largely solid if not great. The "features we could put into any Pokemon game so let's do it now" in the Dexnav and Soaring are both winners. All that in tandem with the XY's holdovers makes a checklist such that I can certainly see where the those thinking we demand too much come from and how Game Freak could conclude ORAS were worthy releases. I like these games with my one serial caveat being the non-existent difficulty, and that's a lot of why. (They are also my only 3DS Pokemon game, so my obvious moral failure to franchise is critical but minimal.)

But it's both ignoring 98% of Emerald and how the game spent its "little remake touches" that gets me. The former because there was no reason to ignore EVERY substantial addition, and it makes ORAS fail as a late-generation Pokmeon game (here's the Battle House and Test you beat last year!) and weaker as a remake. The latter because they were mostly static while HGSS's were mostly mechanical. E.g, following Pokemon, Game Boy Sounds, phone-based Gym Leader rematches, etc. to ORAS's Mauville collective storyline, "Hoenn round trip" poster, the Delta Episode, etc.. Most of ORAS additions here were good (DE gave us closure for a lot of other characters, at least), and DEOXYS IN SPACE, FOR REAL, OH SHIT is perhaps Exhibit A of the entire concept, but it was mostly so easily done that it didn't make postgame comparable to 2002 easier to swallow. You could say it happened because RSE already had new features to adapt where the Game Boy games had fewer, and of course the whole idea is nitpicky and inconsistent.
>>
>>36738160
I don't really follow, man, for most exploration you are required to backtrack, even in this exact circumstance
what happens if you surf to the abandoned ship and end up in slateport? is going back to explore the areas north of rustboro ruined because you went somewhere else first? you can still maintain forward progress by going through the tunnel to rustboro after you clear new mauville
>>
>>36738196
or you can surf over to oldale, take that route for the first time, and just land in petalburg like you were never teleported
>>
>>36737330
FUCK THE NEW SCHOOL IM OLD SCHOOL
>>
>>36737888

>Massive post game story

You’re fucking kidding right? I liked ORAS but they could’ve done much more or just put the effort in and made the frontier again.
>>
>>36738129
Firstly, what do you consider a sidequest? Mirage Tower? Game Corner? Trainer Tower? The former takes 2 minutes to beat, the latter two are optional activities, not side quests. I can only give you Battle Frontier here.
Secondly, Dexnav is a good addition. It's a thing you can use for the whole game and it serves a good purpose, unlike some things I've already mentioned. It helps with team building (e.g. giving you the access to Rock Head + Head Smash Aron) and, after credits, it helps preparing competitive teams. By the way, Emerald didn't have mechanics to help you with competitive teams. Kinda shitty thing considering Battle Frontier's difficulty, eh?
Thirdly, Pokemon moves are the absolute basis in main games. You not giving a shit about them is either a lie or a retarded statement.
Fourthly, Buzznav isn't only a communication mechanic, it also serves as a world-building element. Additionally, it can be used for the whole game as well (excluding the first 1 hour I guess).
Fifthly, my goal was to list new things. Me mentioning Game Corner served as a mockery.

>>36738160
>Routes 45-46 in the former and Route 123 in the latter
Absolutely hated these routes due to the ledges and the need to get through them 3 times.
I partially agree with what you wrote (the organic design of regions) but I still don't get how teleports (from which only 2 are mandatory) destroy the sense of exploration ORAS have. You still have a lot of side areas to check out if you want as you wrote.
>You're supposed to get to Mauville from Petalburg through your own pathmaking. It's part of the journey, [...] getting there is most of the fun
Sure, on your first playthrough. Going between Mauville, Rustbooro, Verdanturf and Petalburg seems stupid on repeated playthroughs.

Look, I don't use these warps (hell, I don't even fast travel in Skyrim) but I'm not going to pretend they are destroying exploration. That's just silly.
>>
>>36737330
Sinnohfoeti dominating /vp/

ORAS are objectively the best remakes and HGSS are objectively the worst, but because this board is mostly children who grew up with a DS rose tinted nostalgia goggles make the overall opinion the opposite.
>>
File: Route 120.gif (859 KB, 540x324)
859 KB
859 KB GIF
>>36737569
>worst being butcherings like Route 113
This is the only thing I will disagree with your post.
The new Route 113 adds a different flair from the Original, while still being faithful. It feels like you're traveling a soot wonderland.

A better comparison would be how the Gym Leader battle theme had its instrumentation gutted, especially when Gen V's rendition, while different, carried the same instrumentation, and feeling as the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydEwobtGON8

Is beautifully well done.
>>
>>36738545
Looking at the night's reflection from the lake at Route 120 is eye-stunning for the 3DS.
>>
>>36738545
the og 113 sounds way better imo
>>
Gen 3 was my fav probably but nothing about the remake made me want to play it so I skipped it. The original is aesthetically and artistically superior and doesn't really need replacing.
>>
>>36737330
ORAS gets way too much shit while HGSS gets away scott free when it's just a worse Crystal.

As someone who likes both gen 2 and 3 I honestly don't get why anyone would like HGSS yet hate ORAS.
>>
>>36737332
>>36737392
>>36737337
Who the hell is that? Extra rival?
>>
File: may.jpg (26 KB, 400x573)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
trolls gonna troll
>>
>>36737918
Based.
>>
File: 1539063474570.png (79 KB, 482x427)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>36737398
>we will never get another pokemon game with as much post game depth as emerald or hgss
>>
The 3DS is a garbage system and Pokémon translated to 3D like sour milk. Watering down the original adventure with nonstop pandering notwithstanding, it’s just an ugly fucking game with zero charm.
>>
>>36737398
Why can’t the Yakuza run over Masuda with a sedan like they did Yokoi?
>>
>>36740413
watering down? but it's only more complex due to modernization
>>
>>36740420
There is nothing complex about ORAS aside from the dexnav, a good feature Gamefreak naturally dropped like the rest.
>>
>>36739063
>HGSS is a worse Crystal
How?
>>
>>36737330
To be honest I didn't much like Gen 3.

I'd rather play Gen 1 than the remakes thanks to the way they inserted the first few Islands after Blaine instead of entirely post game and then in an ironic twist DIDN'T allow evolution to Johto+ Pokémon until post game even though they'd already added shit that wasn't there originally and Pokémon species are far less intrusive than locations and story that locks you to it until you complete it once you start.

And yes, you don't HAVE to do it then, you can say no but if you leave it until post game then the level design become as bad as Johto meaning for consistency you have to do it or it then or it's even worse.

What I liked was Emerald. That's why it was such a let down - it wasn't Emerald the objectively better game in every regard that they remade like they did with HG/SS actually being Crystal remakes.

They set up a standard and like every game since Gen 5, they've failed to meet it.
>>
>>36740166
Post-game retard who nearly sentences the planet to death so she can ride on rayquaza's back while it crashes into a meteor
>>
>>36740528
She's also behind the whole "reawaken-Groudon/Kyogre" thing.
>>
Unironically Zinnia
Dont let the waifufags tell you otherwise
>>
>>36739063
>it's just a worse Crystal
>Crystal + almost all of the shit Gen 3 added + almost all the shit Gen 4 added + Yellow features + a bunch of new shit = worse Crystal

If you say so, demonstrable retard.

They didn't fix much of anything (though they at least tried to give the legend some relevance, at least) but nothing about it is worse than the original so it's impossible for them to be worse than Crystal.
>>
The pokemon variety is pretty awful, and the natdex, while earlier than other games, is still much too late to actually add any of the newer mons to your team.
Also the Delta Episode is a glorified fetchquest and that 50ft wide meteor should have fallen.
>>
>>36737727
>They also ruined Rayquazas tower.
Emerald already did that.
>>
>>36740507
>HG/SS actually being Crystal remakes
Why do you absolute morons keep parroting this? HGSS has Crystal references but isn’t a remake of Crystal. Get this shit through your thick skull.
>>
I love how he brings up ORAS's only forced teleport but completely ignores RSE's forced one in Rustboro that doesn't exist in ORAS.
>>
>>36740565
I still don't get it, zinnia was not a good person but that doesn't make her a bad character
unironically believe that 4chan boys just get defensive when a women opposes them
>>
>>36740646
>forced one in Rustboro
Is there one that isn’t you being taken to the Devon president? I don’t think there is.
>>
>>36740685
I am indeed talking about that one.
>>
>>36737569
and never finished
>>
>>36740697
That’s definitely not on the same level as being carted from Petalburg to Mauville. That distance is negligible as fuck, man.
>>
File: deoxys.jpg (6 KB, 287x176)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Personally, to me, my main problem with ORAS was how they revealed everything prior to release
It was also the problem with gen 7 - in SM, they revealed all Alola forms beside Geodude line, and 15 Gen 7 Pokemon
In USUM, they only left out Ultra Necrozma and Naganadel (and Zeraora but it's mythical)
But in ORAS...they revealed EVERYTHING, right down to one of the most epic moments in Pokemon games otherwise
You can hate ORAS as much as you want, but the follow-up to Deoxys is one of the most well made scenes in Pokemon games history
The triangle appearing from the meteorite, then moving in the same way from FRLG puzzle, and the music syncing perfectly with Deoxys movements, getting to it's peak when Deoxys appears

And yet they revealed this and ruined everything.
Every single Mega Evolution was known beforehand too
When you play a game, you usually want to believe the stuff you saw from commercials was just a tiny portion and the game will have more secrets to discover, you probably thought "yeah we probably saw just half of the new Mega Evolutions" and come playing it expecting it, but then you realize it's wrong and nothing else new is in the game
It's also kind of impossible to go on a media-blackout for those things
>>
>>36740783
>It's also kind of impossible to go on a media-blackout for those things
Except it literally isn't. Pokemon sites-Youtube-Facebook-4chan. 4 things and yet you blame your failure on others while many managed to not get spoilered with no issue. Blaming someone because you can't control your hands is fucking dumb.
>>
>>36740879
I can stop following Serebii and /vp/
I CAN'T stop following other video game and Nintendo-related video game news sites just because of one single damn game
They need to stop showing 99% of the new stuff
>>
>>36740738
distance isn't the issue.
forced teleport is complete garbage unless its at the end of a cave dungeon, and even then it should be optional.
the entire point of pokemon was to make your own story and that just isn't the case as much anymore
>>
>>36737569
Now I want to know what the non-offensive music is.

>>36740420
>>36740425
I think is in reference to to explosion of bottom screen features and in the extra bloat in the battle system?
>>
>>36740783
>>36741019
Does it really matter nowadays? If they don't reveal all of it themselves, dataminers sure will.
>>
>>36737427
Why do people keep defending Soaring? I used it for like 5 minutes before going back to sticking Fly on something because there's nothing to fucking do in the sky except fight Swellows or some shit, and travel wise it's always faster to just fly to a given place. instead of new areas to catch legendaries they just lazily jammed all of them in Hoopa portals and called it a day.
>>
>>36740425
it certainly isn't less complex than rs, there are more systems and content
>>
>>36737947
That's not laziness, that's fucking spite. You have proven concepts already on games running the same engine and you arbitrarily drop them because ????. That's spite. That's just flat out insulting.
>>
>>36741489
it's fun to fly around hoenn, obviously
doesn't take a big brain to figure that one out
>>
>>36741535
but it's not fun to fly around hoenn
>>
>>36741538
Sure it is, just because flying is faster doesn't mean it isn't cool
some people don't like to travel in video games, but I really like it
>>
>>36741489
Because the content Soaring was used to provide and simple act of 3D flying are two different things, the latter doesn't need a "defense" because it' s a "Why the Hell not?" feature and the one thing ORAS gained for being 3D.
>>
>>36737330
>soulless design, very little effort put into making the world
>availability of interesting Pokemon sucks too
>gives you a Latios/Latios super early makes the game even more trivial
>flying on Latios/Latias is just retarded too
>all of the dungeons are made less interesting, Sky Pillar is a joke now
>no real expanded post game content, mirage pokemon gimmick instead which no-one wants or likes and isn't satisfying
It was much worse than X/Y, and that's saying something.
>>
>>36737330
People expect more polish and content from remakes or the 3rd game in a series. ORAS was fucking empty, it had less content than R/S, it's easily the worst remake and probably outright worst game of the Pokemon franchise.
>>
File: 1376885012647.png (29 KB, 400x400)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
fun fact
ORAS had the shortest development time of any main series Pokemon game
>>
>>36737330
Not much went wrong. OR/AS are better remakes than HG/SS. New Mega Evolutions, PSS, Secret Bases, and the DexNav alone make it better than HG/SS.
>>
>>36737330
It's a game after gen 5
>>
>>36737398
>ungimped kanto

You can't gimp what's already shit.

>customizable safari zone

You mean that place where it takes forever to find new Pokemon?
>>
File: 1377574292698.jpg (28 KB, 400x300)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>36741643
>New Mega Evolutions
most suck, like a lot, it really pisses me off how badly they screwed up the mega, something Camerupt will never be good now because they wasted the opportunity
>PSS
nothing new
>Secret Bases
retarded and useless mini game no-one cares about
>DexNav
more annoying than anything

ORAS was trash
>>
>>36740507
>HG/SS actually being Crystal remakes

They were not.
>>
>>36741682
>retarded and useless mini game no-one cares about

It gave us the best grinding method out of the entire series.

>more annoying than anything

Spoken like a true shitposter.
>>
>>36737330
>What went wrong?
*copy and pastes battle maison*
enjoy your end game
>>
>>36741682
please don't use gastrodon for your posts anymore
>>
>>36741682
But half the megas that exist are shitty. Who bothered using mega blastoise or abomasnow or absol after new toy syndrome wore off? Who remembered that Absol even had a mega?

not to mention ones like M-Manectric and Slowbro being made completely and utterly irrelevant by Koko and Toxapex, respectively
>>
>>36741700
>>It gave us the best grinding method out of the entire series.
Except there was no need to grind given the level curve was so easy.
>Spoken like a true shitposter.
What about that is untrue? It's not like you had any great hidden abilities to get with it since the actual availability of interesting Pokemon was also shit.
>>
>>36741721
To be fair, M-Absol is miles better than most of the ORAS megas, even though it isn't good, it speaks loads about how lazy and indifferent the ORAS megas really are. Some of them are actually worse than the non-mega version of Pokemon, like Slowbro and Audino.
>>
>>36741726
what are you talking about? you've never leveled a pokemon up to 100 or something?
>>
>>36741739
not good doesn't mean lazy you stinker
>>
>>36741682
>most suck, like a lot, it really pisses me off how badly they screwed up the mega, something Camerupt will never be good now because they wasted the opportunity
>finally give us a Dragon/Grass type
>it's Mega-Sceptile
>it has a 4x resistance to Electric
>give it Lightning Rod
I will never not be mad. It honestly felt like Game Freak did it on purpose as a fuck you to people.
>>
>>36741753
If the average /vp/ poster can think of a more interesting and effective gimmick for a mega in 3 minutes than professional devs at Game Freak, it means they're lazy fucks. Everything from abilities, to base stats, is sooo fucking indifferently done it's pathetic.
>>
Anon said zinnia but really, zinnia. She was so retarded that it made the whole thing with her unfun. Sure riding fug to fight deoxys was cool but you just kept thinking of the dumbass setup for it and bleh.

The fact that they decided to remake R/S instead of Emerald. There was no battle frontier, no real postgame really, pokenav was shit, no rebattling like in emerald, no expanding on any of the othe secrets (regis, clamperls, jirachi, etc), no following pokemon (every generation until it comes back), no added dungeons, gutting new mauville. That’s what I got off the top of my head.

Personal gripe: changing wally’s trapdevoir into a gallade. I know they wanted to give that awful pokemon some love and wally was collateral damage but it isn’t ven a good mega and it’s still fucking gallade nobody likes gallade.
>>
>>36741768
I'm not sure about that, I think fan megas are typically not as tasteful as gamefreak's
people have always acted like they know how to design these things better than gamefreak, but have got played fan games?
certainly not something unique to megas, either
>>
>>36741489
Hoenn is comfy as fuck so they added a feature to bring that to the forefront.
It also rewards you for knowing the map by heart since you can land wherever you want.
this and the dexnav are the best things to come out of ORAS and of course they were both scrapped
>>
>>36737330
These are better than the originals for numerous reasons;
>surfing is much faster so it makes the water routes actually tolerable
>wild encounter rate is extremely low when surfing
>optional exp share, i keep it off for most of the game then turn it on when i want to gain some levels for the E4
>trainer rematches happen much more regularly and are easy to track
>phys/spec split
>dexnav is solid and lets you get some fun stuff early game
>mauville city has a lot of stuff in it
>gym leaders are NOT pushovers, Winona and Normie can ruin your day if you are unprepared
>team magma/aqua are written better than they were originally
>team magma/aqua look better in general
>>
>>36741628
Sinnoh and Alola exist. that shit is too high to top
>>
Does ORAS really have less content than R/S? I can understand Emerald, but R/S?
>>
>>36741848
yes to all of this except I wasn't a fan of the new Mauville, took away the city I knew for a 2 story Lumiose rip off.
also the teams look better in general but the leaders just seem a little too cartoony and over the top, which takes away from their already over the top goals and makes it seem too ridiculous
>>
>>36737330
>this lazy of a pokebarnyefag thread
we can know its you, OP, because you kept bumping the thread over 2 days, doing obvious samefags and reusing your favorite buzzwords. You even tried to ignore people pointing it out in a desperate attempt to keep your shilling going
tl;dr: OP is a paid sony marketing shill.
>>
>>36741873
>because you kept bumping the thread over 2 days, doing obvious samefags and reusing your favorite buzzwords. You even tried to ignore people pointing it out in a desperate attempt to keep your shilling going
While this is all true you forgot the biggest pbf giveaway of all: how lazy and weak the baits are.
Sometimes he tries "slightly" harder like that YW collage thread pretending anything similar to YW was bad, was a very ian mazgelis kind of bait collage, but still more effort worthy than this one, which seems transfered right from a 2015 pbf thread.
>>36737330
who raped your pussy this time, sweetie?
>>
>>36741858
Fuck no. Anyone who says that is delusional.
>>
>>36741858
>Does ORAS really have less content than R/S? I can understand Emerald, but R/S?
Literally no sky pillar.
>>
>>36741858
The only thing removed outright is the Game Corner, which was sadly a given, but the Trick House is down from 8 challenges to 6, the New Mauville power plant is now one large room rather than a puzzle, and the Safari Zone game is no longer in effect, complete with the humorous journal of the owner in which he realized nobody liked it.

>>36741893
Literally incorrect.

>>36741864
Mauville is hard. It needed a new look, and the Heights version is certainly new, but most of the first floor being Pokemon-specifics tutors is kind of sad.
>>
>>36741774
this post actually makes me kind of sad
is this what you want from pokemon? just facilities and sexualized pokemon?
>>
File: ghastly.png (2 KB, 204x204)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
I don't know how anyone could be enough of a cuck to defend ORAS in any capacity.

The games are worse than Emerald and even R/S in every single way.

Faggots like you guys who excuse this kind of shit is why we have games like LGPE coming out. You're why Masuda likes to cut features and assumes the fanbase doesn't have enough of an attention span to play the games anymore, and he was right. You don't have enough of an attention span to even realize you're being cheated.
>>
>>36741906
Berry Blender being a mini game was removed too.
>>
>>36742045
>incapable of dynamic thinking and has to play with absolutes
>pretends her brain is bigger than mine
apply yourself if you're going to bait, and use your head if you're trying to discuss this
>>
>>36742045
I don't use this term lightly, but they're retarded cucks, honestly. It doesn't what game freaks shit out on their plate, they eat it and say it's delicious.
>>
>>36742045
>>36742165
literally just read the thread to be proven wrong.
these baiters could at least try
>>
>>36741918
I want a better game than I got.
>>
File: wow noffin.jpg (11 KB, 230x219)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Yeah, this is still the worst thing Game Freak has ever said

>We noticed ORAS had a lower difficulty level compared to previous Pokemon games. What bought you to this decision? Any chance that future games will have the possibility to adjust difficulty level as seen in Black and White 2?

>What? How come you've already played the games? hearty laughter [the games were supposed to come out in Italy the day after the interview] We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past. The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.

>Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

>This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

It's so painfully obvious that they just DON'T CARE, but they aren't gonna bother to try and change anyway because why change when doing the same thing gets you a gazillion dollars? Very frustrating. Very sad. Very stupid.
>>
>>36741019
>They need to stop showing 99% of the new stuff
Why should they? There are many who "like" to be spoilered so that they can plan mons in advance and so on. Those that don't want to can perfectly manage to avoid video game sites for a single damn game.

And don't act like you aren't one of the 90% that even if the game was unspoilered, if a datamine was up the day before release you would be all over it.
>>
>>36741615
>>all of the dungeons are made less interesting, Sky Pillar is a joke now
That's Emerald's doing.
>remove puzzle for first visit, for some retarded reason the most important dungeon of the game isn't allowed to be difficult to traverse
>make lower leveled mons than both RS and ORAS
>gives you a lv70 Rayquaza before the lv46 E4

>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but the puzzle is there when you go catch Rayquaza
>>
Can we finally put this thread to rest? It’s getting tiring having both sides going on rambling about ORAS. Just move on already
>>
>>36737888
The portals are the laziest attempts to shoving legendaries into the games, and we're gonna get them for the foreseeable future because of how VGC is implemented. it's just "hey look at this generic place with a generic background" At least the previous games had a unique place to put them in.
>>
>>36742688
>>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but the puzzle is there when you go catch Rayquaza
isn't it, though?
>>
>>36742688
They don't give you the Rayquaza sweetie, you still have to catch it.
>b-but Master Ball
Which is optional and can be missed. Even so, you have to go out of your way to get it anywayy.
>>
>>36742774
You do realize you can just leave the thread, right?
>>
Why did ORAS have to ruin the entire Pokemon universe lore? Only to have Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon rub more salt to the wound. I hate this multidimensional, multiuniverse shit.
>>
File: mr moth.png (115 KB, 431x431)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>36741718
Got a lamp bro?
>>
>>36743354
But did ORAS go any farther than "those are a thing, I guess? Maybe?" It sounds like a way to avoid having to think about the original games existing and to make the Hoop Rings for the Legends less random more than anything deliberate at the time. Ruby/Sapphire remakes would have ruined the "Present Game = Remake" timeline structure regardless.
>>
>>36743372
>But did ORAS go any farther than "those are a thing, I guess? Maybe?"
They introduced the idea, and there was no reason to introduce the idea at all. I think its safe to assume that a majority concluded that either mega evolution existed all along in the universe (but was introduced as a game feature in the new games) or the remakes just moved themselves (and replaced RSE) in the timeline to be a little bit before XY and said "Oh we just discovered mega evolution". The timeline structure wouldn't exactly be ruined regardless because there was no signs of any structure. We knew the games existed within the same universe, but we had no idea when they existed. For all we know DPP could have been the first things to happen in the universe then FRLG. I'm trying to say that features introduced in a game shouldn't always justify introducing a huge concept like a multiverse.
>>
>>36743494
Its like Gamefreak didn't want to retcon an already simple lore due to the addition of new features, so they just said "Fuck it, every game existed in their own world. There is no continuity."
>>
>>36737649
This has happened to every single game in the franchise, anon
>>
>>36740528
t. retarded scientist
>>
>>36741726
some retard never heard of the competitive grind....
>>
>>36737392
>>36737425
>>36737493
>>36737569
Does anyone know of any Youtube videos that compare ORAS to Emerald with video evidence as meticulous as these posts? I can't seem to find a good article or video that compares Emerald to ORAS, and I simply don't have the time anymore to sit down and play both again.
>>
File: 1481060468798.jpg (17 KB, 269x216)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>36742045
still better than XY, it was bad, but not XY bad...
>oh no forced legendary
XY
>here have a second starter to pad out the shit amount of new pokemon
>free lapras
>free M. lucario
>>
>>36743557
the only thing i can say for emerald over ORAS is hoenn was really well made, areas looped back to points of interest for the story that promoted exploration, where as ORAS jumps you to the next area without giving you the choice in some cases.
>>
>>36741444
>>36742649
The difference is, dataminers are much easier to avoid. Most video games newsites don't post them or if they do, they are hidden behind spoiler tags and it's easy to avoid clicking them

And no, I wouldn't. I watch every bit of officially announced trailers, yes, but when dataminer info comes out, I try to avoid it
I only check how many unannounced Pokemon are in the game, nothing else. No names, types, surprise characters, models or anything like that
>>
>>36743557
Search 7 hour analysis of Omega Ruby.
>>
File: 1524016630557.jpg (30 KB, 640x480)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>36742369
>>36742369
>Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past.
>>
File: 1399867315430.png (1.19 MB, 1566x800)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>36743550
Are you that moron who keeps talking about how grinding to level 100 is somehow content or fun or a feature? Because it isn't.

I'll add one more criticism to the list, the underwater stuff was a lot less interesting in ORAS too. It felt like a whole new world in the original R/S when you got dive, but they were so lazy with the implementation in the remake that you almost never used it.
>>
One of my biggest issues with this game is the number of cutscenes and the amount of handholding. Gen 3 already did a bit more handholding then Gen 1 or 2, and in
Gen 6, it's just fucking miserable. I know it was already an issue by Gen 6, but I feel like it was at its worst up to that point in ORAS. Of course, Gen 7 upped the handholding even further, but that's not to say ORAS didn't still have some miserable handholding.

The cutscenes also bothered me. In Gen 3, you could just spam B to get through text boxes, but now they felt the need to include little animations and pauses and camera moves between the text like I don't fucking give a shit. Just let me play the fucking game. Why do I have to sit through dozens of stupid cutscenes that take three times or more as long as they did in Gen 3?

Also, they weren't a very significant improvement from Gen 3. FRLG and HGSS were a more impressive 2 Gen up remake.
>>
>>36744322
>muh nostalgia
>>
>>36744322
>grinding to level 100 is somehow content or fun or a feature?
I hope you don't consider Battle Frontier fun because this would be highly hypocritical, m8.

>the underwater stuff was a lot less interesting in ORAS too.
You literally have more Dive spots, they contain more items, lead to more locations and they look better visually. You are a massive faglord.
>>
>>36743550
Just inject it
>>
>>36744512
>connect 2 meaningless routes with Dive
>add Lanturn on top of Chinchou
>wow such improvement
>remove things like the build up the sealed chamber
>yeah whatever
imagine being this faggot
>>
Holy shit, people in this thread can't be human beings.

>>36743573
>implying gift Pokemon are bad or ruin anything

>>36744311
>anon states that he has no time
>"go watch that 7 hours long video"

>>36741893
They just removed cracked floor tiles, you sperg. Additionally, ORAS added items to the location.

>>36744542
>connect 2 meaningless routes with Dive
What routes, previously unconnected, are now connected with Dive?
>remove things like the build up the sealed chamber
False.

What about Route 129 and 130 having Dive spots? What about Secret Isle, Meadow and Shore? What about all those hidden items underwater? Honestly, do you have a brain damage or are you baiting? I sincerely hope it's the latter because your retardation is honestly unbelievable.
>>
>>36742907
Only an idiot would use their Master Ball on a normal Legendary instead of a roaming Legendary.
>>
>>36742907
>b-b-b-but it's optional
Half the things in the newer games are optional yet you still condemn them for it.
>>
>>36737888
>portals
> post game story
Both off these were cons
>new chars
What about the ones removed?
>>
>>36737918
Did you just unironically defend portals?
Just admit it:GF is lazy now
>>
>>36741848
Couldn't agree more. But of course many people will call the game shit for not having a copy-pasted Battle Frontier like HG/SS had.
>>
>>36741858
No, only retards think Emerald has more content just because it has a Battle Frontier.
>>
>>36741848
All of this and more is why I enjoyed OR/AS far more than I enjoyed HG/SS.
>>
What made XY so great was its multiplayer. There was a centralized meta on Battle Spot, granted, but it was still fun roasting things with Charizard and pivoting around that OP Kanghaskan you could love to hate. It was Golden Age for sure, prebank at least.

Then came ORAS, where you're pretty much restricted to Mega Salamence and Mega Rayquaza as your choice for Rated / Unrated battles respectively. Somehow the best defensive mons in the game become the best attackers which doesn't make sense. There was no resurgence of Hoenn mons at all besides those two and they missed out on great mons like Flygon and Milotic for Megas. Since it's lacking what Emerald brought and every legend seems to be in every remake now there's really no reason to replay them.
>>
>>36745172
The factory by itself is more substantial than the entirety of the ORAS post game and a factory mode should be a series staple
>>
>>36745287
OR/AS added and changed far more than just the Battle Maison.
>>
>>36744530
>just don't play the game
fuck off
>>36744572
I like what you're saying but I gotta say gift pokemon are pretty rampant. the whole point is to make your own team, maybe the lapras in XY was fine but Mlucario and the eons were a bit much even if it was for new game mechanics
also sky pillar without the bike puzzles was shit. there was a lot of character and build up lost when you are suddenly teleported straight to rayquaza
>>
>>36745571
>I gotta say gift pokemon are pretty rampant. the whole point is to make your own team, maybe the lapras in XY was fine but Mlucario and the eons were a bit much
Funny thing. Original RBY have pretty much the same amount of gift Pokemon before credits as XY and ORAS. Even more if we count fossils. Johto games are up there as well.
>there was a lot of character and build up lost when you are suddenly teleported straight to rayquaza
You don't teleport in the remakes and you get a lot of story build up before reaching the top.
>>
>>36742184
they're not wrong though, that's the reality, this franchise is doomed due to those kind of apologists
>>
>>36738049
>>36737996
I think it also has to do without how much of the game you can see on-screen at any time, too.
>>
>>36745697
They don't just hand out mega legendaries though. Seek help if you are having trouble understanding this.
>>
>>36745697
really? it's been awhile since I've played RBY but I wouldn't count the fossils, since you still have the option of turning them into pokemon. same with eevee, its optional. these are mega evolutions and are mandatory, its just too much.
also the "story build up" was pretty bad and doesn't do much of anything compared to the sky pillar puzzles. "show don't tell" is the backbone of story telling and they go in the complete wrong direction here
>>36745716
they are wrong, just read these posts
>>
>>36737330
They failed to take advantage of what Emerald brought to the table, like HGSS did with Crystal.

The PokeNav allowing you to rematch trainers and Gym Leaders, Team Magma's more fitting hideout in Jagged Pass, the Battle Frontier, the final Steven battle in Meteor Falls, were all things they could have added, but they didn't. And what they gave instead feels lacking. The only thing I really liked was them expanding May/Brendan's role as a rival.

And, of course, Zinnia. She could have worked if she had been played as a villain. A one woman-Team Aero thinking along the same lines the Archie/Maxie was before you stopped them. But she wasn't, and that made her unbearable.
>>
>>36745766
Lucario isn't mandatory. Lati@s is, but even then, it isn't mandatory that you use it on your team.
>>
>>36745760
>>36745766
I understand being mad about having to remove one team member to make a space for a mandatory gift, however the whole "muh legendary/mega" is ridiculous to me. The choice of using gift Pokemon is yours.

>>36745766
>also the "story build up" was pretty bad and doesn't do much of anything compared to the sky pillar puzzles
I don't know how cracked floors in the originals are supposed to say more than completely destroyed floors coupled with Zinnia's exposition in the remakes.
>>
>>36745697
I feel like there is a small difference between a 325 BST unevolved normal type and a 600 BST legendary with a mega stone.
>>
>>36745828
>>36745840
being handed a very strong mon for free just doesn't feel good, it has nothing to do with getting stronger on your own merit. I understand you can just box these gifts but there just isn't much of a reason for them in the first place. Why push a press to win button instead of pushing for team building? It hurts the story and isn't realistic in the world of pokemon where gaining that type of power should be earned.

as for sky pillar having the bike puzzle shows how dangerous the place is and gives reason as to why nobody has caught rayquaza yet. not just any trainer, even if they're strong, can just walk up and have a change at capture. It's about your intellect vs this crumbling building and it feels like you aren't even supposed to be there, its not a place for humans. but you traverse through and your prize at the end is a shot at a legendary that even other legends are scared of, its a narrative that was scalped for little to no reason at all.
>>
>>36745906
>>36745851
>Why push a press to win button instead of pushing for team building?
You get Dexnav to try getting new moves. You get access to National Dex before 8th gym badge. In XY, you get shitton of Pokemon in each Pokedex. If anything, sixth generation got the team building right. Arguably the best generation for this exact thing.
As for the win button argument - gen 3 starters are the most broken set of starters ever created. Swampert shits on every gym. Blaziken has insane coverage and high attack stats. Sceptile is pretty average overall, however it completely trivializes lategame. And there is Alakazam which is known for being broken in pretty much all games, including RSE/ORAS. Lati@s are stupidly strong as well, I'm not going to deny this obvious thing, however they don't even have good STABs for quite a long period of time.

As for Sky Pillar I have nothing more to add. Clearly, you think differently when playing games. I don't think about environment storytelling in Sky Pillar, I'm thinking that if I fall another time through that hole I'm going to smash something. And the encounter with Rayquaza in the remakes has more meaning outside of "nice, another strong legendary Pokemon" to me.
Basically, what I'm saying is that you are creating headcanon in this particular discussion and it's fine.
>>
>>36746070
I never denied that team building is also pushed, I was just comparing that and simply being handed a strong mon.
everything you said is true but you CHOOSE your starter or you CHOOSE alakazam, thats the big difference in an RPG that attempts to hand you the reins but keeps swiping it away to give you mons you hadn't asked for.

As for sky pillar, it clearly is evironmental storytelling, not headcanon, there wouldn't be any other reason to make it harder besides giving the pillar and the world more depth. of course I understand why they took it out for players like you that would rather keep to the core mechanics (battling) and that isn't wrong.
but I think that pokemon is at its strongest when the immersion and world building goes hand in hand with the battling, hyping up fights and lore so even after the event is over you feel accomplished and have a good memory that you worked for. but like you said, it isn't necessary.
the problem is they took it away and made the world less lived in, if it was that easy from the start it wouldn't be an issue
>>
>>36746138
>you CHOOSE your starter
And you CHOOSE to use Lati@s. Don't pretend this situation is different. Both cases (starters and Eon Duo) are broken in these games and both are mandatory gifts.

>not headcanon
>puzzle shows [...] gives reason as to why nobody has caught rayquaza yet
>not just any trainer, even if they're strong, can just walk up and have a change at capture
Don't give me your bullshit, there is nothing in the games that support these statements. Hell, in Emerald and ORAS, the reason why people didn't climb Sky Pillar is because the doors are locked.
>there wouldn't be any other reason to make it harder besides giving the pillar and the world more depth
Or just make the gameplay more interesting.
>players like you that would rather keep to the core mechanics (battling)
I do care more about the region and Pokemon within. Building and raising my team gives me more enjoyment than battling. If the battles alone were the most important element to me I would probably spend more time on bitching about Battle Frontier Project than on the lack of Snap 2. I just consider cracked titles extremely trivial things that didn't add much to Hoenn (or Sky Pillar).
>>
>>36746221
okay starters are a given, that's just how pokemon has been since the start. note that they also don't come with a mega stone.

there is clearly an ambience and mood going up sky pillar and fighting your way up through these puzzles. If you want to ignore everything game developers did that's fine but it doesn't take away from the fact that they neutered the tower that was once a cool world building element.

I never said battling was your most favorite thing ever just that you seem to prioritize it over world building, which isn't a bad thing its just preference.
I would also love a Snap 2 but the WiiU is dead now and that would've been the realest shit
>>
>>36746221

There are numerous other ways they could have implemented Lati@s though. Like having to capture it, or at the very least battling it. Just getting it makes it have no emotional investment whatsoever, and is just one example of the lack of character building in pokémon (this does not apply just to ORAS by the way). There are millions of ways to break the in-game, but I don't need the game to hand me another one. And honestly, soaring was pretty shitty if you ask me.

I agree somewhat with the Sky Pillar stuff. Didn't miss the cracked tiles, but felt the climb could have been done better. Partly because I loathe Zinnia and the general idea of the DE with a passion. Less forced exposition and more player driven would be preferable.
>>
>>36737330
>>36745826
>>36737398
>>36737392
>3 days later
>pokebarneyfag is STILL samefagging his shitty genwar thread in absolute despair
>its so bad its including ian mazgelis tier collages and crimson kyurem tier misinfos
Just give up, faggot. Nobody falls for your genwars anymore, if any pokemon game had been realistically bad you'd have a shot but it never happened, which is why you samefag to the wind every day while showing 0 results and not changing a single mind, years after you started with this.
Your only use when you repost your shilling is having your meltdowns screencapped so we can laugh at your cringey psychotic autism elsewhere in cringe compilations
>>
>>36737330
>What went wrong?
Nothing, as a remake its better than HGSS even and thats quite the feat.
Any more questions or are you just going to keep samefagging your embarassing thread, pbf?
>>
>>36746264
I dislike the free legendary but soaring was the best mechanic we've seen in awhile.
rewarding you for knowing the map while also allowing you to land wherever you please. if it wasn't for the cutscene every time you wanted to use it people would be clamoring for it to be back.
not to mention seeing a whole region from above feels great since it's all partitioned up these days
>>
>>36746258
>note that they also don't come with a mega stone.
Did you forget about mandatory Steven's encounter on Route 120? Yea, you get the stone later but itsn't not like you start with Lati@s in your party either.
>there is clearly an ambience and mood going up sky pillar and fighting your way up through these puzzles
No, not really. Again, this is your, not universal, feeling. Claiming that the puzzle is anything more than just a gameplay element is your interpretation (unless you have some sort of source, maybe interview, to back this up).
>I would also love a Snap 2 but the WiiU is dead now and that would've been the realest shit
God, what a missed opportunity.

>>36746264
>There are numerous other ways they could have implemented Lati@s though
Sure, I agree. I don't mind what we got but I can easily see better solutions in my head.
>soaring was pretty shitty if you ask me
Fuck no.

>I loathe Zinnia and the general idea of the DE with a passion
I also hate Zinnia and I'm not fond of Delta Episode. Pretty much everything, excluding Sky Pillar and the ending, was bad in my opinion.
>>
>>36746341
when you start a pokemon game you know you will get a starter. It's not a gift mon its a starter, these are different things. comparing that to a legendary mon that ALSO comes with a mega? It's barely the same thing but I see what you mean since they are both mandatory
I can admit I potentially used my imagination more than others, fine. but honestly the game speaks for itself. sky pillar isn't even mandatory the whole place gives off creepy and dangerous vibes, it was obviously a place of interest for the developers and again the ambiance and world building speaks for itself. but I'm not a big enough autist to go looking for an interview
>>
>>36737330
i played gen 3 when it first came out. I don't have any strong feelings against the remakes
>>
Ruined a abandoned ship
>>
>>36746294
>>36746341

It only serves to highlight how bad GF are at creating a cohesive region. Seen from the air, Hoenn looks all sorts of wrong, it's way too small and the height variations are also laughable. The legendary mirage spots are cancer and there is too few interesting pokémon to find in the skies. If it were implemented with a better sense of scale, it could have been salvageable, but I don't like flying above a region for ants.

>the ending

The ending was the worst part, what are you smoking? I can suffer a lot of bullshit, but riding mega fug through a meteor? And the Zinnia battle would be a lot better if said pokémon wasn't forced into my party. The ending was only salvaged from being a complete disaster by being able to catch Deoxys. To be honest though, I think that at least 50% mythicals should be available in-game by now.

>>36746271
>if any pokemon game had been realistically bad

Yeah, it's almost like some people actually believe that some games are bad for a variety of reasons (but can still highlight positive elements in these). There's also this thing called personal opinion, where one person might prefer certain elements that another might not care for.
>>
>>36746925
the region is already cohesive, it was made a long time ago
how does it look "all sorts of wrong" sure it's not built to scale but obviously that wasn't going to be the case. The mirage spots are fine, of course they could have been more varied but as they are they work and the new pokemon are great, this goes hand in hand with the dexnav.
I will give you the pokemon in the air are pretty boring but the rest of what your saying is whiny nitpicky bullshit.
soaring is more than salvageable, it works really well and ended up being the one of the best and most original concepts out of ORAS.
>>
>>36746294
>while also allowing you to land wherever you please
You can do this with the Fly HM. Soaring is pointless.
>>
>>36741848
>>gym leaders are NOT pushovers,

I literally solo'd Winona with Blaziken. The Gym Leaders are a complete joke.
>>
>>36741848
>phys/spec split
This makes so many Gen 3 mons so much more fun to use in game than in RS

Not mention
>Improved movepools
>Better access to TMs
>>
>>36747947
It's night and day! Kind of half the problem of the games being too easy, your Pokemon are so much more powerful on average ("My Treecko learns Mega Drain at Level 14 excuse me?"), but it's fresh! Nothing new for the Whismur line, though...

>>36747471
What level? Blaze is strong enough to tear through her but he's capable of getting smacked.

>>36746925
>Soaring would have worked out better if Hoenn wasn't a micro-continent adapted 1:1

Sure. It doesn't mean the feature shouldn't exist without it.
>>
>>36747456
why are people trying so hard to shit on soaring?
ORAS definitely isn't perfect but this mechanic was such a godsend these contrarians are running out of options
>>
>>36748248
>why are people trying so hard to shit on soaring?
Because it's literally just a slower fly. Nothing is exciting or fun about it.

>BUT DUDE I GET TO SEE LE WHOLE REGION IN 3D AND CATCH MORE BIRD SHITMONS AND FIND LE TINY RNG ISLANDS ALL ON MY COPY PASTE LATIOS XD
>>
>>36748248
I think it's just a backlash to the people who act like soaring redeems ORAS. Some people, myself included, found soaring neat but ultimately not something to affect my impression of the game (which was overall very negative), so when people bring it up as one of ORAS' biggest strengths again and again they might come off as vitriolic in explaining why they don't agree. Dexnav serves much better as a tool to defend ORAS since it's more prominent, has more utility, and really just should have been in Gen 7 but of course it wasn't because nobody holds Game Freak accountable for anything.
>>
They should have held off on remaking R/S until Gen 7. They would’ve benefited from removing HMs desu
>>
>>36748248
Soaring is whatever, sure it was cool the first few times but when you need to start bouncing around the region it's just slow. The animation of Lati@s mega evolving and taking to the sky is about as long as the entire process of just using fly.
>>
>>36748452
But how much of the 3DS era was a lean, ill-prioritized mess because of Game Freak's making 3 games at once versus simply not caring? Cramming the remakes into Ultra Sun/Moon's timeslot might not have ended any better.
>>
>>36737330
Very little. You're just a willy

>amazing Latios/as and Groudon/Kyogre mega-evolution cutscenes
>all the postgame battling opportunities of modern games with all the story, music, and scenery of gen 3
>the OST went from ~<TRUMPETS>~ to ~<TRUMPETS>~ and an actual orchestra/band
>>
>>36743557
This doesn't necessarily compare ORAS to RS but it does take a fair approach to ORAS.

It's also 7 hours long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFC6mDKF-0c

He brings up lots of great points about where the game succeeds and fails, some of which I agree with and others I don't. But he pretty much gives up trying to find anything good about hte Delta episode.
>>
>>36737398
This.
>>
>>36737398
Morimoto directed Emerald AND HGSS, two of the best games in the entire series. Morimoto made those games with competitive play in mind. Every game Masuda directed since BW were designed with casual in mind. Why the fuck can't Morimoto direct another game?
>>
>R/S
Latios/Latias have to be caught, they are roamers like the Entei, Raikou, and Suicine from the previous generation
>ORAS
>handed to you for free with a mega stone partway through the game

>but they needed to give you a lati so you can use soaring!
They could have given you literally any flying type for free im that case. Had they given you say, a Tropius no one would complain about it. Lati@s was a deliberate choice to make the game easier.
>>
>>36746925
>Seen from the air, Hoenn looks all sorts of wrong, it's way too small and the height variations are also laughable
>If it were implemented with a better sense of scale
Firstly, flying above bigger map would make it needlessly long (like in Ranger 3). Secondly, is this even possible to have bigger Hoenn on 3DS without noticeable quality drop? Thirdly, and this is my opinion, I didn't mind how the region looks while soaring (realism is not Pokemon's strong point after all).

>The ending was the worst part, what are you smoking?
Unlike the rest of the Delta Episode, the ending has no infuriating dialogue and has actual action going on. If you prefer flying from location to location and read stupid shit then it's your shitty taste.
>>
It was ok. Not great, but not bad.

Also, HGSS were not that great, because GSC was never great to begin with due to its fucked level curve and extremely poor distribution.
>>
>>36748401
this makes sense. and ultimately you're right its not a big achievement or anything like that.
I think soaring goes to show how badly people want immersion in their pokemon games even if it doesn't really add much besides the experience itself of flying around the region
>>
>>36737330
because it's a remake of R and S, not Emerald
>>
>>36737330
HOW CAN I PLAY THIS REMAKE ON MACBOOK?

FUCK
>>
>>36737848
Look guys whe have an /v/ expert here
>>
File: 1526261799681-2.png (164 KB, 512x960)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>36740433
>>36740566
For starters they added constant interruptions and made a bunch of optional events impossible to skip, removing any incentive to actually explore towns.
>>
File: 1513146655238.png (226 KB, 1266x656)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>36740433
>>36740566
Also they made the dialogue much worse. The originals weren't exactly Shakespeare but they couldn't have even a little subtlety in case the kids misunderstand it.
>>
>>36753525
>>36753544
damn I didn't realize how annoying that got.
it's like a kid made the game and was so proud of it he didn't want you to miss anything and points out all the good stuff before you have a chance to look for yourself

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.