[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: op7.png (406 KB, 2560x1440)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
Welcome to /vp/ixelmon!
Fossil Edition
>Server IP
In the OP image
>Modpack
https://mega.nz/folder/HVUnUSSa#8kJnq1xP07QCmWSalU5y0w
>Install Instructions
https://rentry dot co/c8vvv8nf

Previous: >>55999820
>>
File: 1690317915041994.png (14 KB, 649x545)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
buying tiggs, just name your price
-niggly
>>
>>56017294
Reminder that qnyone who claims there is no clique/ingroup/posse, is tryinv to sedate you from freeing yourself from the cliques shackles
>>
They hate me because they ain't me
>>
File: 1625192899471.jpg (41 KB, 640x480)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>qnyone
>tryinv
>>
What are we going to shitpost about next
>>
File: seething threadfag.png (110 KB, 512x470)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>56017324
>qnyone
>tryinv
>>
>>56017294
Threadly reminder that dankgandalf is a little bitch who needs to cheat to win games.
>>
>>56017447
Hello I was the guy that lost to Dank he was willing to share half his winning due to the oddness of the situation and I might have forfeited and jumped to my death too quickly out of shame
>>
File: -.-.jpg (23 KB, 484x526)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
can we get the next tourney/tourneys rules posted in the thread?
>>
>This week's tournaments:
@ 3 PM EST, 6v6 Single Eliminations for both tourneys
Monotype (Saturday)
>Clauses:
Sleep/Bag/Evasion/Species
>Banlist
Legendaries and No Guard + OHKOmons

Technicianmons (Sunday) by 3rd tournament champ
>All moves must be 60 base power or below
>To make things simple, any damaging move learned MUST have a base power value (i.e. a numerical value on the summary screen)
>Moves with varying base power are banned (Low Kick, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam, etc)
>Moves with fixed damage are banned (Seismic Toss, Bide, Super Fang, etc)
>Moves whose base power can increase above 60 are banned (Acrobatics, Avalanche, etc)
>Multi-hit moves are banned (Icicle Spear, Bonemerang, etc)
>Direct recovery moves are banned (Slack Off, Recover, Rest, etc)
>Damaging moves that recover are fine (Draining Kiss, Mega Drain, etc)
>The abilities Technician and Moody are banned
>Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Evasion/Bag/Species

Subject to change
>>
File: 1689384836358814.png (254 KB, 857x621)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
gottem
>>
File: ezgif-1-595b555325.gif (3.33 MB, 600x300)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB GIF
The Cobblekangs want to give a warm welcome to Girimekhala, the Water Gym Leader, for being the latest member of the Cobblekangs!

Get loooooooooooooooooow!
>>
File: 1718078496098.png (306 KB, 2560x1440)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>>
File: 2024-06-10_00.09.30.png (3.15 MB, 1920x1001)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB PNG
>>
>>56018118
>>56018119
Gumbotown... Home...
>>
>>56017730
>technicianmons tournament
>technician is banned
Jannoid is full on retarded, but I'll just pretend having technician as an ability was a "glitch" and win that way.
>>
>>56018259
>Increases the power of moves which have a power of 60 or less by 50%

who is the real retard here
>>
>>56017523
Please post proof, otherwise I'm going to assume it's Dank running damage control and being even a bigger faggot.
If you post proof I'll drop the issue and recognise Dank behaved as a good sport.
>>
>>56018260
>who is the real retard here
The person who decided to name it technicianmons and ban technician. Almost as stupid as banning using the same type/sharing a type in a "monotype" tournament.
>>
File: 31Ivs.png (15 KB, 426x322)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>first bred mon tonight
>31 IVs all around
Today was a good day.
>>
File: Dratini.png (16 KB, 428x324)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
I think breeding is glitched tonight
>>
File: Horsea.png (13 KB, 421x325)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
I mean, I guess I can use it
>>
>>56017316
Sellings tiggs for one Scream Tail each
>>
>>56017813
My own brother, reduced to this.
>>
>>56017730
>weather rocks not banned in mono
uh oh stinky
>>
>>56017730
>all moves
Not all attacks specifically, so every mon must bring 4 attacks with 60bp or less?
Ferrothornchuds we are so back.
>>
>>56018713
Aerial Ace bros we are so in...
>>
>>56017730
Retards are saying that non-damaging moves such as Toxic, Stealth Rock, and Swords Dance are banned. Is this the case?
>>
>>56017294
How long has it been since the serv has been up
>>
>>56018805
It says all moves, not all attacks. Do Toxic, Stealth Rock and SD have 60bp?
>>
Tourney rules too complicated, you just know multiple people are gonna break them without even realizing it
>>
>>56018832
wait so no status moves? can a janny clarify on that because that seems weird, why include self heal moves in a specific ban category if all status moves are banned?
>>
>>56018832
is 0 less than 60?
>>
>>56018988
Yes but those move have -bp, not 0bp
>>
>First people don't know how Sleep Clause actually works now people don't know if status moves are allowed for a gimmick tourney or not
Holy shit this board really can't read
>>
File: 1592156427355.jpg (155 KB, 699x780)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>56018995
so it's a negative number, definitely lower than 60
>>
>>56017730
Ok, 0 is "or below", moves that don't deal anu damage like swords dance are fine.
>To make things simple, any damaging move learned MUST have a base power value (i.e. a numerical value on the summary screen)
This is what's fucked. Toxic deals damage, it does not have a numerical value on the status screen. Toxic is banned, Leech Seed is banned, Wil O Wisp is banned, etc.

Honestly, dogshit idea for a tournament anyways. Not only is it way too complicated so settling disputes in the moment with 50 people fighting at once will be hectic and frustrating, it's a fucking technician tournament that bans technician. Like, what the fuck is the point? Just run tanky mons, it doesn't even have to be stall just 6 bulky walls. No one can hit you for more than 60 and they can't toxic you.
>>
>>56017730
>Moves whose base power can increase above 60 are banned (Acrobatics, Avalanche, etc)
Be sure to account for STAB, cucks. The actual limit for moves is 40 if it benefits from STAB, as that alters the BP.
>>
>>56019123
>Toxic deals damage
It does not. Toxic inflicts badly poisoned on an opposing mon, and that status is what deals damage. The move itself does not directly inflict any damage.
>>
>>56019133
Yes. It does. If I use a move and in the same turn you take damage as a result of that move, it dealt damage.
>>
>tournament with a niche ruleset to encourage new and interesting strategies so shake up the meta and encourage unique team building choices
>lmao you thought? Every strategy you can think of is actually banned. It's JUST weak moves and NOTHING else.
>all strat variance is just surface level, charizard uses ember instead of flame thrower, nothing is meaningful different, it just dealt less damage than usual. No unique strats, no unique teams, no fun allowed
I'm skipping this one.
>>
>>56019132
>Be sure to account for STAB, cucks. The actual limit for moves is 40 if it benefits from STAB, as that alters the BP.
That's retarded
>>
>>56019149
Yes, I agree, emome is retarded for this one.
>>
>>56019138
It's not the move doing the damage it's the status effect
>>
>>56019144
Toxic stall and swords dance builds only
>>
>>56019150
Is it an actual rule that you're not making up? No way
>>
>>56019132
meanwhile me, an intellectual running flame orb so that all my physical moves' bp is divided by two
>>
>>56019154
Does the rule say anything about that? No.
>huurrrrr, dragon rage is ok because it's not the move dealing damage, it's your level
Damage happens as a result of the move being used, and the BP is blank/variable. It's banned.
>>
>>56019138
so we agree that future sight is allowed since it doesn't deal damage in the same turn
>>
>>56019162
Burn halves final damage, not BP.
>>
>>56019149
STAB is a modifier outside of the move itself. Base power is a static number.

I know this server has retarded jannies but you're losing your shit over the wrong thing. It's piss easy to understand the technician tournament. I think you're trying to throw out confusion so you can pull a dank and win by rulefaggotry
>>
>>56019163
Yes anon, toxic does no damage. Holy fuck cliques inbreeding is getting out of hand...
>>
>>56019169
Future sight has a listed BP of 120, it's already not allowed by previous rules before deciding based on this or not. The rules are going off the listed BP, which is why Toxic is banned.
>>
>>56019174
>use Toxic
>opponents HP goes down
O:
>>
>>56019175
BP only applies for DAMAGING moves.

The literacy rate in Cliquevale are abysmal...
>>
>>56019161
Yes.
>>
>>56019177
Are you actually this retarded?
>>
>>56019180
You think Future Sight isn't a damaging move? Next you'll try to sell me Solar Beam as not being damaging
>>
>>56019182
Yes, emome is actually this retarded for this ruleset. These are the rules as written, this is the strict objective reading of them. I know it's retarded, calling me retarded for pointing it out is misdirected.
>>
>Toxic's BP constantly goes up the longer a mon is out
>Able to go past 60 BP with time
>People here really trying to argue that Toxic isn't banned
>>
>>56019187
Toxic doesn't have a BP. BP =/= damage. Toxic is banned because a separate clause banned damaging moves without a listed BP.
>>
>>56019186
Anon your retardation is off the charts
>>
>>56019183
I'm talking about toxic retard
>>
>>56019189
Cool fanfic, that's not the actual wording of Prankster though. Pranksters effect is not reliant on damage or not.
>>
>>56019192
Then you replied to the wrong chain?
>>
>>56019195
>>
>>56019188
If BP isn't damage then why do moves with BP do damage? Toxic does have BP because of the badly poison it applies and should be banned as well
>>
>>56019198
Toxic isn't banned you retard
>>
>>56019201
What do you think this proves? Toxic is a damaging status move with an unlisted BP. I've haven't said anything otherwise this entire time.

>>56019202
Retard, because "damage" is the end output number after including stat changes, base stats, weather, etc. "Damage" is a variable number and BP is a static number.

>>56019204
It is by RAW. Cope.

And don't think any of you are getting around the Toxic ban by using Poison Fang with Strong Jaw or something. Strong Jaw alters power, not damage. This raises the BP above 60. Turbo retard ruleset.
>>
>>56019207
A cliquefag being a retarded faggot in the thread? Shocker
>>
>>56019213
Nice argument. I see you're actually double retarded, once for disagreeing with me and once again for thinking I'm a cliquefag because I disagree with emomes rules choices? How the fuck does that track?
>>
>>56019201
>power: -
Banned.
>>
>>56019221
>track
It's a status move
>>
>>56019231
If the rules said anything about a status move exception, you might have a point. Moves are not divided instead Status or Damage as two categories, they are divided between Status, Physical, Special. Toxic is not Physical or Special, but it's still damaging. The rule bans "damaging moves without a listed BP", not "Physical or Special moves without a listed BP".
>>
>>56019207
this is 100% Dank being a turbofaggot again.
>>
This is the autism I expected from a minecraft+pokemon server
>>
>>56019242
wait until you learn about the lore of the power structures
>>
>>56019241
Nice argument.
>>
>>56019255
>use toxic
>enemy lum berry cured
>no damage
it's a status move, mongrel
>>
My literal entire daily job is to read FDA, GHA, CLIA, and all other regulatory guidelines and laws, and interpret them into plain english company policies for hospitals and laboratories to use. My every day is reading rules/laws very very specifically, and literally being a rules lawyer about every word. I know what I'm talking about here, toxic is banned until emome changes the wording. The only argument literally anyone has against it is just that it would be stupid to ban it, which I agree, but it's still banned.
>>
>>56019258
And? Do you think I ever argued against it being status? It's irrelevant, the rules don't mention status as being a consideration. If I use Outrage and you use Protect, it deals no damage, but that's still a damaging move. Countering a move has no impact on its category as a damaging move or not.
>>
>>56019266
If you use protect the move fails, toxic succeeds but the lum berry heals the ailment.
>>
>>56019271
Irrelevant. A move is a damaging move outside of combat as well, not just while it's being used. Countering it has no impact on its category.
>>
>>56019237

He specified damaging moves retard, toxic isn't a damaging move or it wouldn't work with prankster
>>
>>56019274
>irrelevant just because I say so
Get bent, Toxic is legal. If you bitch about it everyone will laugh at you for being retarded.
>>
>>56019277
Nothing about what you said raises an argument against the post you replied to. Maybe read it again.

>>56019282
Irrelevant because a moves categorizing as a damaging move is not dependent on that move being effective. And anyways, what is even your argument here? That Toxic is allowed if and only if your opponent has a lum berry? So no one. Brings lum berries to force ban their opponent, what a useless distinction. It's a damaging move because using it deals damage to your opponent, end of.
>>
>>56019258
>thunder deals no damage to a ground type
>mfw this retard thinks thunder is a status move now
>>
>>56019154
So leech seed would still be banned, by this logic? It doesn't inflict a status condition, it just drains hp without a listed bp.
>>
>>56019338
Condition is Seeded. It even works with prankster. Try harder retard
>>
>>56019345
Yeah but, Prankster works based on if a move is status or not, not if a move is damaging or not.
>>
Moral of the story is that no one is joining this retarded fucking tournament and whoever had the idea should hang themselves
>>
>>56019376
Yes so toxic and leech seed are non damaging
>>
>>56019382
Just because you're too retarded to understand basic English doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Honestly dank you should be banned from any future tournaments
>>
>>56019425
I don't think your logic follows. Prankster does not check if a move is damaging or not, it only checks if it has the Status classification or not. Prankster is not a test for damaging moves.
>>
>>56017730
Where is the endless battle clause janny???
>>
>>56019298
People like you are why shampoo bottles have instructions on them.
Luckily for the resident retard ITT the games have the moves categorized if a move has the physical or special category they are damaging moves if they have the status category they are non-damaging moves.
Kill yourself retard.
>>
>>56019298
The game clearly shows the move was unsuccessful by showing the
>The foe was unaffected/It doesn't affect <insert name here>
message.
Whereas Toxic can be successful and the condition is later healed, not the same thing little bro.
>>
>>56019474
This, so much this!!!

God I want to find that faggots username and burn down his entire build. Have emome erase every chunk of his house and lock him into survival mode and trap him in a cage at Spawn so we can throw cum at that pathetic retard any time he makes the mistake of logging in
>>
File: table~2.jpg (107 KB, 1278x990)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
For anyone still struggling with understanding the difference between "damaging move" and "non-status move", I made this handy chart.
>Everything in the top left is banned by RAW
>moves in the top right must have a listed damage number, and that number must be under 60
>all moves in bottom left are allowed
>most moves in bottom right are allowed, except for a separate rule for no OHKO moves
The rules ban damaging moves without a listed BP, not physical/special moves without a listed BP. Toxic is banned.
>>
>>56019493
>posting this and unironically thinking about but you is the sperg autist here
Cringe.

>>56019431
Nice argument. You're the one who can't keep your terms straight here though, I'm sorry you can't keep up with the conversation.
>>
>>56017730
Just to be clear on the Technicianmons rules, since there's a lot of confusion going on in this thread, could I get some rules clarification from the Janny with the trip?

>All status moves EXCEPT direct recovery moves are allowed, meaning:
>>Swords Dance is allowed
>>Toxic/Leech Seed is allowed
>>Ingrain/Aqua Ring is allowed???
>>
>>56019507
For added clarity, and addressing previous attempts at counter arguments; the entire left side of this chart works with Prankster, which is why it isn't a useful test if a move is damaging or not.
>>
>>56019507
Toxic, leech seed and will o wisp don't do any damage, the ailments they inflict do.
>>
newfag lurker here
do flying pokemons still have that shitty "walking" animation? or do they fly correctly now
>>
>>56019434
And status moves are not damaging moves retard. Damaging moves are damaging moves, the game couldn't have been more clear on what is a physical/special attack and what is a status move.
>>
>>56019513
>since there's a lot of confusion going on
There's nobody confused, just one retard trolling.
>>
>>56019550
You use them, and your opponent takes damage. Might as well say Fire Spin doesn't deal damage, by that logic. Leech seed doesn't even inflict a true status, it just deals damage.
>>
>>56019558
>You use them, and your opponent takes damage.
No, you use them, inflict an ailment and the ailment deals damage.
>>
>>56019553
>And status moves are not damaging moves
Incorrect, consult the chart.
>Damaging moves are damaging moves
I mean... Yes? Did you think I disagreed with this?
>the game couldn't have been more clear on what is a physical/special attack and what is a status move
Yes, and you'll note that that's an entire axis on the chart, separating status moves from physical/special moves. But, despite the game being very clear about this difference, you're still getting it confused with "damaging".
>>
>>56019565
>Incorrect, consult the chart.
nice headcanon chart but you're wrong.
>>
>>56019552
Most of them have the right flying animation but some of the custom fly mons don't have any since they got tweaked for this server like Garchomp or Gyarados
>>
>>56019562
Read the last line again, I'm tired of pointing out the same flaws in your logic only for you to just repeat the same old already defeated arguments again. Do better.
>>
>>56019558
Toxic and wisp are no different from T-Wave or Sleep Powder. You use them, you inflict [STATUS] onto the enemy, and the status takes effect. You just change what [STATUS] does, be it burn, paralysis, poison, sleep.
>>
>>56019568
Ok, offer a counterargument that actually uses consistent terms. You seem to always get confused what you're talking about mid sentance and start using the wrong terms for things.

>>56019571
>You use them, you inflict [STATUS] onto the enemy, and the status takes effect
Yeah, they're status moves. They're on the left side of the chart, I already know this. They still deal damage though, they're damaging moves.
>>
Jannoid, could you please change the wording on the ruling so it says "direct-attack moves" so this retard >>56019565 can shut the fuck up about his headcanon?
>>
>>56019574
You're the one using wrong terms retard.
>>
>>56019577
Direct attack moves is also vague and a term you just invented. What it should say is "physical or special moves", which would also ban Endeavor, which it isn't banned now.
>>
>>56019580
Which term is wrong? The rule says damaging moves without a listed BP, that's the correct term. Be specific, make an argument, this is just screeching bevause you're mad about being wrong.
>>
>>56019574
You're wrong, the moves don't deal damage, the status ailments do.
I mean you're probably just trolling but magic guard completely BTFOs your silly headcanon.
Would you shut up if the ruling says "direct-attack moves"?
>>
>>56019581
>>56019584
Magic guard BTFO your retarded argument.
>>
>>56019581
he only had to invent it so this fucking retard with zero reading comprehension would understand precisely what was meant
>>
>>56019585
Leech seed does not inflict a status condition. And even so, it's irrelevant, the move results in damage to the opponent, it's a damaging move.
>Would you shut up if the ruling says "direct-attack moves"?
No, you made that term up and it means nothing. You'd have to interpret it, which isna gray area. Direct attack could mean moves that make contact, and Future Sight could be considered an indirect attack.

Hey I also just thought of another damaging status move that definitely does not inflict a status; stealth rocks.
>>
>>56019594
Stfu Magic Guard disprove your stupid point.
>The pokémon only take damage from attacks
Your retarded claim: Toxic (an attack) deals damage because I'm braindead and have sub 80 IQ.
Our rebuttal: It inflicts a status ailment, it does not deal damage.
Proof: In-game magic guard prevents a pokémon from getting damaged from toxic/will o wisp/leech seed.
Get bent Dank.
>>
>>56019581
The reading comprehension in this thread is atrocious
Directly addresses Endeavor, which isn't allowed.
>>
File: Route.png (1.01 MB, 1013x817)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
Don't mind me just posting a possible route roadway
>>
>>56019587
Magic guard actually confirms my argument, maybe you should make am avtual argument and say something instead of leaving it to implication? Magic guard not only does magic guard not block weather damage, which is not a status, it specifically says it only takes damage from ATTACKS. Status moves are moves, not attacks. The rule bans damaging MOVES with unlisted BP. Try harder.

>>56019589
>I made up fake worlds and a new headcanon where I'm right, that makes YOU the retard
Imagine admitting this and thinking it made you right.

>>56019605
>if I repeat it enough, it makes me right
Magic guard does not disprove my argument. See above.
>Your retarded claim: Toxic (an attack)
No, toxic is a move, not an attack.
>>
>>56019610
Endeavor doesn't deal damage, it sets your HP to a.specific value. Its not addressed. Here's a helpful tip, "directly addresses" means the rule lists Endeavor as an example of a banned move, which it does not. You can't get things like this wrong while claiming I'm the illiterate one.
>>
>>56019617
Magic guard does prevent weather damage. Play the games bitch.
>>
>>56019627
It was a typo, clearly by the context of the rest of the sentance I meant to say it blocks weather damage. I follow it by saying "which is not a status condition", showing the point I'm making is that magic guards determiner is not status conditions, so blocking leech seed damage does not make leech seed a status condition.
>>
>>56019625
According to the games, Endeavor is a physical damaging move retard. The only issue is the Janny should've specified "status" vs "physical/special" instead of "damaging" vs "nondamaging"
>>
>>56019633
leech seed is a volatile status condition, conditions like poison, paralyze, etc are non-volatile status conditions.
>>
>>56019637
Everybody understand what they meant, Dank is just retarded and will try to weasel a win again because he's a shit trainer.
>>
>>56019637
No, according to the games Endeavor is a PHYSICAL move, but not a damaging move. Consult the chart.
>The only issue is the Janny should've specified "status" vs "physical/special" instead of "damaging" vs "nondamaging"
I have literally been saying exactly this the entire time. That is the only issue, but it is an issue. Those words mean different things, and ban different moves.
>>
so I get to run rain dance but not sandstorm?
>>
>>56019646
Yes.

>>56019642
I don't understand this cope. If I was Dank, I'd be hiding this loophole and then claiming it in the heat of the moment to force a false win. I'm explaining this rule in detail so it can be changed to one that actually works. This is the opposite of what Dank did. This is as nonsensical as claiming i was clique earlier for calling emomes rules retarded.
>>
>>56019633
>get BTFOd
>i-it was a typo
(You) got thoroughly BTFOd bitch. Cry harder.
>>
>>56019649
>I'm explaining this rule in detail
You're not a ref nor the organizer, your headcanon has no bearing on the rules. KWAB.
>>
>>56019654
It was a typo, but if that's the out you need to run away, then fine. It doesn't matter anyways, since I just made a reasoned argument against magic guard anyways, and hyperfixating on a typo is just a clear dodge.
>>
>>56019663
Would your autistic ass shut the fuck up if the rules said attack? As that's an in-game term.
>>
>>56019662
These are the rules, as written, with the words actual definitions. Your interpretation is the headcanon, you even made up a new term of "directly attack" as a headcanon earlier to try to make your headcanon make sense.
>>
>>56019666
physical or special?
>>
>>56019666
No. Attack is also unclear. I've said what the actual rule should say like three times now, someone who was arguing with me even said what the rule should say. You all know what the rule should say, you're all aware of what these words mean, you're just worked up and angry and refuse to realize you were wrong and admit it.
>>
>>56019644
if you're unsure about a specific case, ask janny ingame if the move counts or not, I can do it for you since you already brought it up, that way there will be no confusion :)
>>
>>56019677
>No. Attack is also unclear
No, it's an in-game term.
>>
>>56019677
>use my fanfic wording
No.
>>
>>56019679
I have no doubt a person could inconsistently apply this rule in a way that makes logical sense to them. That isn't the point. The RAW bans Toxic, you can literally change like 3 words and make it work the way you want it to work, the only reason not to is because you're stubborn and mad about it being pointed out.
>>
>>56019674
Play the game if you have any doubts.
>>
>>56019686
Yes it is, it's also very not specific at all. I didn't say it was headcanon, I said it was unclear.

>>56019689
You mean "direct attack"? That was your fanfic wording. Mine is literally and undeniable.
>>
>>56019692
fortunately this is just a minecraft tournament with no serious stakes, so the rules being somewhat arbitrary isn't actually a problem, unless someone tries to exploit this for an advantage by not verifying the legality of something they know might be in a grey area
>>
>>56019692
>The RAW bans Toxic
Nope. We already explained it why it doesn't, the move Toxic deals no damage.
>>
>>56019692
The timing disproves you. The damage being dealt after the move phase just confirms the status is dealing the damage, not the move itself.
Sorry, maybe if you played the game you wouldn't be confused.
>>
>>56019701
Past tournaments show that this loose way of enforcing clauses is unsatisfying to players. And again, it's the easiest thing ever to just say what you mean and says "physical and special moves without a listed BP are banned" instead of "damaging moves without a listed BP are banned". It costs you nothing, and you get to actually be correct. I don't understand the fanatical insistence on using a rule that doesn't say what you mean. I'm not asking you for your damn car keys here, I'm just pointing out a bad rule. Why the vitriol?
>>
>>56019699
>That was your fanfic wording.
Comes from serebii, not me. I assumed even a turbo autist would understand Joe's explanation.
>Mine is literally and undeniable
Holy ESL I think you just lack the proper skills to understand the english language.
>>
>>56019706
And I already explained why it does. See the whole point-counterpoint thing only works if the dialectic advances with each response. How this conversation has gone is you bring up what you think is an exception, I explain why it isn't, and you repeat the same exception or screech artistically with no argument. You have to actually address my counterpoint, or you have nothing.
>>
>>56019731
Nope. I bring several in-game counter arguments and you go, "It doesn't count because I'm a huge faggot".
>>
>>56019718
Untrue, as Future Sight is still a damaging move despite the timing, as is Fire Spin. Again, why the vitriol? Why are you so angry that someone else is wrong? I don't understand.

>>56019729
Fine, post it.
>Uh ohh!! Autocorrect added a Y!! That makes you wrong!!!!
I feel bad for you posting cope this obvious. It makes you seem like you're desperate for an out.
>>
>>56019732
No, I've explained a specific counter argument. Would you like to go back and read?
>>
>>56019731
How come toxic/will-o-wisp deals damage to a soaked shedinja if it isn't super effective?
>Its mysterious power only lets supereffective moves hit the Pokémon.
The only reasonable conclusion is that Will o Wisp and Toxic don't deal damage themselves but apply a status and the status deals the damage, not the move, as it's not a move it bypasses wonder guard.
Disproven with in-game facts for like the third time. Just kindly fuck off.
>>
>>56019739
I've read all your headcanon, the game contradicts you.
>>
>>56019740
Are you under the impression that I think burn isn't a status condition? I don't know where you got that idea, this isn't a counterargument to me. Wil o Wisp deals damage via a burn, ergo Wil o Wisp deals damage, et al Wil o Wisp is a damaging move. It's not that confusing.
>>
>>56019744
It really doesn't. You'd have to point out some specific way it contradicts me though, which opens you up to being proven wrong, so you won't commit to an argument. You'll just be vague and gesture at some counterargument that you can't articulate but totally super exists.
>>
>>56019747
No Will o Wisp applies the burn status.
>The user shoots a sinister flame at the target to inflict a burn.
It doesn't say it damages the target it says it inflicts a burn.
Play the games bitch.
>>
>>56019752
You're just arguing semantics "uhh a move isn't an attack" even though. Well wonder guard does mention moves in its description. That proves me right.
>>
>>56019754
And what does burn do? Deal damage? So using Wil o Wisp results in damage dealt to your opponent? So it's a damaging move. Again, your distinction is not one that I contest, you aren't proving me wrong. I play the games, I know what it does, we aren't disagreeing about what the move does, we're only disagreeing on what to call that effect that we agree on. Maybe you should read my posts more carefully.
>>
>>56019761
All attacks are moves, but not all moves are attacks
>>
>>56019761
Yes, as with squares and circles, some sets may include another set, but not vice versa. As this is also true for attacks and moves.
>>
>>56019764
>And what does burn do? Deal damage?
Irrelevant. The status is doing the damage, not the move hence it's non-damaging.
>>
>>56018807
2 weeks
>>
>>56019765
>>56019768
You're trying to weasel your way out but you have nowhere to go. Attacks is an in-game term and any dispute can be proven/disproven with Wonder Guard+Magic Guard and yet you still bitch that it's "unclear" when it clearly isn't.
>>
File: tismhat.jpg (262 KB, 1000x1000)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>56017730
I wanted to propose a re-write of the rules to satisfy the autism in this thread (and some of my own autism)

Technicianmons (Sunday) by 3rd tournament champ
>All moves within the category of Physical or Special must be 60 base power or below (e.g. Ember is allowed, Flamethrower not allowed)
>To make things simple, any move categorized as Physical or Special MUST have a base power value (i.e. a numerical value on the summary screen, this disqualifies moves such as Endeavor)
>>Moves with varying base power are banned (Low Kick, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam, etc)
>>Moves with fixed damage are banned (Seismic Toss, Bide, Super Fang, etc) (These two are really just a clarification of the numerical value rule, and are redundant)
>Moves whose base power can increase above 60 are banned (e.g. Acrobatics, Avalanche, etc)
>Multi-hit moves are banned (e.g. Icicle Spear, Bonemerang, etc)
>Moves categorized as Status are allowed, aside from the below exception.
>Direct recovery moves categorized as Status are banned (e.g. Slack Off, Recover, Rest, etc) (Clarity: Does this include moves like Aqua Ring and Ingrain?)
>Damaging moves that recover ("Draining moves") are fine (Draining Kiss, Mega Drain, etc)
>The abilities Technician and Moody are banned
>Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Evasion/Bag/Species
>>
>>56019779
The move deals the status, the status deals the damage, the status dealt the damage as a result of using the move, so the move is a damaging moves.

>>56019790
That's not weaseling out, that's just knowing what words mean and sticking to literal definitions. That's the entire point of this argument, that you're using the wrong terms for what you want to say. Pointing out that you did it again isn't a dodge.
>Attacks is an in-game term
A point I never denied, and only said it was too broad a term to be useful for this purpose.
>any dispute can be proven/disproven with Wonder Guard+Magic Guard
I've already given many specific examples of why this isn't the case.
>and yet you still bitch that it's "unclear" when it clearly isn't
Because instead of responding to my examples, you just repeated your claim as if I didn't say anything, so this conversation isn't going anywhere.

>>56019799
Aside from petty grammar notes I'm ok with these rules. I'd prefer if multi hit moves that always hit the same number of times and result in less than 60 total BP were allowed, but that's not an inconsistency that's just a preference.
>>
>>56019818
>The move deals the status, the status deals the damage, the status dealt the damage as a result of using the move, so the move is a damaging moves.
Flawed conclusion, the move can be successful and the status healed before it deals damage or the opponent can be immune to status damage. It's non-damaging. The move isn't failing in those instances. Play the game.
>>
>>56019818
Anon, how would you feel if you didn't eat breakfast this morning?
>>
>>56019818
For a quick sanity check, the only relevant multi-hit moves that fall under this are Twineedle and Double Kick, right? Water Shuriken by Battle Bond Greninja apparently as well, but I don't think Battle Bond is in cobble.
>>
>>56019840
What a stupid question I did eat breakfast this morning.
>>
>>56019818
>That's not weaseling out, that's just knowing what words mean and sticking to literal definitions. That's the entire point of this argument, that you're using the wrong terms for what you want to say. Pointing out that you did it again isn't a dodge.
That's what you think words mean, the games provide context and clarification.
>I've already given many specific examples of why this isn't the case.
You haven't, you are assuming the moves are damaging if the status they inflict are damaging which is complete headcanon.
>>
>>56019818
Just to further BTFO you, Mat Block proves damaging moves and status moves are different sets of moves. Play the games.
>>
>>56019569
man but Ghastly flying animation is shit, literally stuck on the floor
>>
>>56018920
Yeah. We're not all smoggy professionals that memorized every move every pokemon that gets that move and what level. All the autistic rulesets that have developed over the years on pedo wiki forums. I don't even know how to begin doing that.
>>
>>56019826
We've already been over this... Damaging moves are still damaging moves even outside of battle, and regardless if their effectiveness... Can we please stop repeating old shit?
>>56019842
I couldn't think of any in the moment, I just knew some exist. That's probably the only ones, and again it's not an error in the rules to exclude them or anything.
>>56019855
No thats what the words literally mean. You haven't disproven them at all, or even attempted to. You just use the wrong words and make mistakes.
>>56019870
Holy shit an actual inconsistency for once, it's a goddam miracle. After your "play the games" cope repeated over and over while being wrong like six times, you finally said it while making an actual point for once. But, given that this is the ONE example of something breaking the trend, I'd call it an exception to the rule. All other things, magic bounce etc, all work how I claim. This is just one outlier.
>>
>>56019914
>Using a pulled-up mat as a shield, the user protects itself and its allies from damaging moves. This does not stop status moves.
Seethe and cope. A single counterexample disproves your silly fanfic.
>>
>>56019613
That unmapped part between the tangle and Niggasak3 is a lake, steep hills, and a swamp.
>>
>>56019920
You don't need to quote it at me, I said the example works. You're so full of anger and vitriol of this, it's unhinged frankly. But no, I think since every single other example of these terms used across the entire franchise aligning with what I say they mean outweighs one poorly worded move that doesn't fit in with the rest.
>>
>>56019928
Put one (1) example where a status move is described as a "damaging" move.
>>
>>56019939
Toxic, hope this helps.
>>
>>56019942
>A move that leaves the target badly poisoned. Its poison damage worsens every turn.
Wrong
>>
>>56019945
What does bad poison do.
>>
>>56019953
Irrelevant to what toxic itself does. We've gone over this several times.
>>
>>56019963
Yes we have, and every time you say "nuh uh", or just repeat the initial claim. That's not an argument.
>>
File: 2024-06-11_11.11.06.png (2.8 MB, 1920x1080)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB PNG
>>
>>56019970
Nice projection little bro.
>>
>>56019985
That's literally what happens. I say toxic damages, you say the status damages, I say the move inflicts the status so it deals the damage, you say nuh uh, I say what about other moves like fire spin etc, you repeat the first claim, and we start over again. And here we are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb_7IGK3Khg
>>
>>56019988
I don't say "nuh huh" I point out that the move can be successful and the status healed before it deals damage or the damage prevented with magic guard. At which point you get delusional.
>>
>>56019988
Fire spin ALSO does direct damage. Toxic doesn't. Please find the nearest bridge to jump off of.
>>
>>56020019
And I point out that damaging moves are damaging moves even outside of battle, regardless of their effectiveness. And you ignore it and repeat the first claim again, or sperg out with a fit of rage for having to have a debate that you stated anyways. It's crazy how you pretended to not remember that I already made this point many times before though.
>>
So what is preventing my house from being burned down, having my things stolen and vice versa?
>>
>>56020021
I notice how you had to specify DIRECT damage just then. Why do you suppose that is. Fire Spin ALSO does DIRECT damage, meaning you fully understand that Fire spin also deals another kind of damage, that is nonetheless damage. Even you know I'm right, your own words show it. You're just too worked up to admit it.
>>
>>56019985
>little bro
4chan is 18+, take your tiktard zoomer insults elsewhere
>>
>>56020028
>are damaging moves even outside of battle
Provide an in-game source or this is just fanfic.
>>
>>56020038
Let me walk you through this for the slow. Is thunder a damaging move?
>>
File: you goddamn autists.png (248 KB, 4336x4365)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>
>>56020041
Can you provide an in-game source? Because I can
Toxic is a non-damaging a.k.a status move as clearly shown by its move category and the fact that it goes through by mat block.
Thunder is a damaging move a.k.a an attack as clearly shown by its cattegory as a special attack and the fact it gets blocked by mat block and it deals damage to magic guard users and can hit a soaked shedinja (wonder guard).
All of the above are consistent with my (factual, in-game confirmed) statements.
>>
>>56020049
If only we were arguing about it being an attack or not. How did you spend all the time making this and not know what the disagreement was. For all you people like to say I can't read, you REALLY can't read shit huh.
>>
>>56020059
You can't read and you can't think. Sad, really.
>>
>>56020058
Answer the question. I didn't ask if it was an attack or not, read it carefully. It's only 5 words.
>>
>>56020031
The good will nature of the people not doing that and the jannies actually banning the two people that tried doing shit like that.
>>
>>56020063
The rule is about damaging moves, and what counts as damaging or not is the question. Nothing about what's an attack or not. Please read more carefully in the future, no one who disagrees with me seems to be capable of keeping their terms straight which just leads me to believe that you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>56020073
>The rule is about damaging moves
No it's about moves under 60bp. Toxic cannot be under 60bp because it has no bp, no status move whatsoever has any bp. You go try use a null pointer in anything, see how well that goes.
>>
>>56020064
I did answer it, read it again.
>>
>>56020073
>The rule is about damaging moves
a.k.a Attacks in-game. Sorry that you have been so thoroughly BTFOd by GF.
>>
Are there any towns on the server open to new people to build in or should I start my own
>>
>>56020080
My guy, I think you're like, really really confused here. Maybe you should reread the rules again, see if there's a rule about damaging moves with null BP and come back to me.

>>56020082
It's a yes or no question. I can't make this any simpler for you. Instead of trying to preempt what you guess my next argument will be, just answer it.
>>
>>56020094
>It's a yes or no question. I can't make this any simpler for you. Instead of trying to preempt what you guess my next argument will be, just answer it.
Already answered. I'm sorry if my answer thoroughly destroys your fanfic.
>>
>>56020087
No, sorry. If it meant attacks it would have said attacks. There are attacks that deal no damage, and non-attacks that deal damage. It says damage dealing moves, that's what it means.
>>
>>56020096
I am not letting you wriggle your way out of it be redefining words within your answer so you can pull a dodge later. It's yes or no, is thunder a damaging move or not.
>>
>>56020098
Provide an in-gane source of what a "damage dealing move" is.
Let me be clear, not your own interpretation, not what you think it's the literal definition.
And in-game source that can be tested.
Mat Block can be tested as can be wonder guard and magic guard and all of them back my statements whereas you have nothing.
>>
>>56020094
As per the official announcement stated at >>56017730
>>All moves must be 60 base power or below
Let's go word by word you fucking chimpanzee.
>All
So every member of a given group
>moves
So every move. Notice how it doesn't say attack or damaging move, but rather just move? Basically if your pokemon can select it in battle, it's a move.
>must be
Requirement to be valid
>60 base power or below
So the move must have a bp value, and said value must be below 60. Status moves do not have bp values, henceforth they do not meet the criteria, therefore only moves that can possibly meet the criteria are attacks, be they physical or special, whose bp values are 60 or below.
>>
>>56020103
>be redefining words
No such thing, I'm using in-game terms and mechanics,facts.
>>
>>56020103
jesus suffering christ will all of you stop biting each other
thunder is a damaging move

however, if it hits a ground type or pokemon with motor drive/lightning rod its NOT a damaging move as it wont do any damage

this argument is fucking retarded and you all know it
>>
>>56020105
>blue is a color
>do you have an in-game source that defines blue as a color?????
Blue just is a color, the game doesn't have to teach you. Damaging moves are moves that deal damage.
>>
>>56020112
>Damaging moves are moves that deal damage.
Source?
>>
>>56020108
That's not the rule in contention here, try again. Please read carefully.

>>56020109
You literally said "a.k.a.", you're trying to change the words of my question to better suit you. I asked you a specific question. Since words mean things, thats the question I want answered. Is thunder a damaging move? If you're too cared of me to answer yes or no, just say so.
>>
>>56020112
>do you have an in-game source that defines blue as a color
not in-game but scientifically we define as a color a range of wavelengths within the visible light spectrum. We can define blue as the color we perceive from blue light, being blue light light with wavelengths between about 450 and 495 nanometers
>>
>>56020114
>Is thunder a damaging move? If you're too cared of me to answer yes or no, just say so.
Define "damaging move" with an in-game source.
>>
>>56020110
Yes, thanks, that's the point. I said damaging moves are damaging even outside of battle, regardless of their effectiveness. To prove that, thunder is a damaging move, even though there is a situation where it may not deal damage. Like if you eat a berry after getting inflicted with bad poisoning, for example.
So, when I said damaging moves are damaging moves even outside of battle, and was asked to prove it, clearly everyone agrees with me because everyone would call thunder a damaging move. You all agree with me, you're just too angy to admit it.
>>
>>56020114
Thunder is a damaging move if and only if you understand damaging move as a non-status move as per the in-game term and mechanics, instead of fanfic/interpretation (see mat block).
>>
>>56020118
Yes, the point was we can define terms with general knowledge beyond what is just said in game. Nobody had to say what you just said in-game for great balls to be blue, they just are.

>>56020119
By your definition dipshit, I'm asking YOU. Why are you so damn scared of me? It's like pulling teeth with you to get you to admit "the" is a word. I can't even begin convincing you of anything because you're so dead set on being infinitely stubborn no matter what the topic is, it doesn't matter what you're arguing about you'll literally never back down.
>>
>>56019662
Based fellow /pw/ poster
>>
Is Metronome allowed though since it has a chance of pulling moves higher than 60BP?
>>
Toxic is not a damaging move, the poison status effect causes the damage. This should be clear to anybody with at least a double digit IQ. Just because a move causes another effect that causes damage, doesn't mean the move itself is a damaging move.
>>
File: le ingame source.png (78 KB, 512x192)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>56020105
Here's your ingame source bro
>>
>>56020120
>You all agree with me, you're just too angy to admit it.
No you just keep ignoring the fact that whenever Thunder doesn't deal damage the game clearly states the move failed due to a variety of reasons, Toxic can be successful (hit and inflict the badly poisoned status) and the status can be cured and that makes the status unsuccessful in dealing damage and yet the move Toxic itself was successful.
>>
Holy fuck guys, get a room already. Arguing in circles when neither of you are ever going to convince the other is just shitting up the thread. Making your arguments once is enough, sperging out like this just makes it more likely your concerns will be ignored. If the jannies clarify what is and isn't banned then great, that's the ruling for this tournament and that's that like it or not. If they don't, maybe you'd be better off avoiding moves that might have ambiguous legality or just not participate in this tournament.
>>
>>56020124
>only if
No.

>>56020133
Metronome is a Status move with no listed BP, by these idiots definition yes it would be allowed. By the logical loteral definition, no it would not be allowed because it's a damaging move with no listed BP.
>>
>>56020136
Where does it say "damaging move" lil Timmy? Yo do understand the assignment, right?
>>
>>56020138
we're keeping the thread bumped lol
>>
>>56020136
That says it's physical or special, not damage dealing.
>>
>>56020140
>No
In-game > your headcanon.
>>
>Toxic doesn't deals damage, take take brought to you but the people who can't agree if thunder deals damage or not
You people have no idea what "damaging move" means and it's honestly embarrassing that this has gone on this long.
>>
>>56020140
No lil Timmy, you can easily prove edge cases when you have sound logic and the facts behind you.
Is Metronome blocked by mat block? If yes, it's a damaging move, if not, it isn't. Easy as. Have a complaint? Take it up with GameFreak bucko.
>>
>>56020156
>take brought to you but the people who can't agree if thunder deals damage or not
Thunder gets blocked by mat block. Easy.
>>
>>56020156
Hello sirs you bloody bastar bitch
>>
>>56020160
Metronome is blocked by Mat Block, but the move it calls may be. Your obsession with this exception to the rule is leading you to overuse it to the degree that you've become wrong about it again. Guess you just got lucky that one time you were right.
>>
>>56020166
I'm still waiting for you to back up anything you've said with in-game sources lil Timmy.
Again, since you seem to have a mental defficiency, do you understand the assignment?
>>
File: 107080636.jpg (183 KB, 452x450)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>56020088
go be a hermit
>>
>>56020163
>max moves, z moves, and feint aren't damaging moves
You have got to stop spamming this like it's a silver bullet, it's making you make a lot of unforced errors.
>>
>>56020170
I know your strat is to spam me at every post and ignore the reply chain so you never have to actually address anything I say, but I did already respond to this. Clam down.
>>
>>56020173
They are piercing moves, and the exceptions are described in-game.
>This attack can hit a target using a move such as Protect or Detect. This also lifts the effects of those moves.
>>
>>56020088
You're welcome to join Tournefeuille, no idea if the theme of the town would fit your taste tho
>>
>>56020170
Dank why are you trying to cheat so hard faggot, it's a pointless tournament. Open a fuckin window and get some fresh air nigga, stop inhaling your parts you diaper cuck
>>
>>56020176
>but I did already respond to this
Where? Because you clearly failed with this lil Timmy >>56020136
>>
>>56020184
Actually Dank is the other dude who will wrongfully try to cry "rules broken" if he sees someone use ember or toxic
>>
>>56020181
You said if a move is blocked by Mat Block, that means it's a damaging move. You insisted on it. You spammed it. You said it like 8 times. Now you realize there's exceptions and you're coping.

"Piercing" moves are damaging moves. So damaging moves can get through Mat Block. End of.
>>
>>56020191
Now I wanna find the stupidest loopholes and cheat a win out of dank, I think I'll make that my mission this entire week
>>
>>56020185
That response is irrelevant to the topic. Please keep your terms straight, I'm tiring of reminding you of their definition. Calm down.

>>56020191
Yeah again, this would be the opposite. Dank would want to preserve a loophole, and abuse it. I'm trying to close it. You're just upset and trying to name me a boogeyman.
>>
>>56020192
>So damaging moves can get through Mat Block
When stated in-game as exceptions such as feint. Are you literally retarded? The game completely backs me up and you have done nothing but cry and bring inane anf unrelated shit.
>>
>5 hours of arguing something a Janny could clarify with one post
based as fuck not gonna ngl
>>
This guy acts like he's some genius rules lawyer, and then completely fails to understand that more specific exceptions trump general rules. Stop trying to engage with him.
>>
>>56020204
And the worst part of it is that he's just using his interpretation, when the games contradict him he brings unrelated shit pretending he disproved anything.
>>
Fuck Roo
Fuck girikameha
Fuck bva
Fuck qwilfish
Fuck the kangz
Fuck dankgandalf
Fuck the jannies
Fuck you
>>
>>56020198
>Please keep your terms straight, I'm tiring of reminding you of their definition.
>Your terms
no such thing, I provided in-game terms. Something you have failed to do.
>>
>>56020201
No, it doesn't. Mat Block blocks certain moves and not others, you are the one claiming it's an indicator of a moves status as damaging or not, not the game.

>>56020203
Literally I mean it's not like ir hurts anyone to say the right thing.

>>56020204
I don't fail to understand, I literally made this argument earlier. Man, read please I'm begging anyone who disagrees with me to literally just read.
>>
File: GKaVY3TaMAAdGdh.jpg (70 KB, 1400x1400)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>56020182
Don't see it on the map so I don't know what the theme might be.
I personally want to build comfy into and under the ground, I should have specified.
>>
>>56020216
No you... Ugh, it's so annoying. No, we're arguing about if a move is damaging or not, you are arguing about if they're attacks or not, or physical/special or not. That's not what I'm talking about, you keep mixing up the terms. Each word means something different, use the right one.
>>
>>56020218
>hermit
Kys asap
>>
>>56020217
>you are the one claiming it's an indicator of a moves status as damaging or not, not the game.
From the game
MAT BLOCK
>Using a pulled-up mat as a shield, the user protects itself and its allies from damaging moves. This does not stop status moves.
Do you see that keyword "protects"?
Now your "counterargument"
>but muh Feint
FEINT
>This attack can hit a target using a move such as Protect or Detect. This also lifts the effects of those moves.
>>
>>56020220
>No, we're arguing about if a move is damaging or not, you are arguing about if they're attacks or not, or physical/special or not.
See >>56020226
> You keep mixing up the terms
No, you're just retarded
>>
File: 1669258549787774.png (630 KB, 1004x1080)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
>this is the tournament we decided to go with instead of literally any other gimmick shit
>>56020218
here's a map with most of the towns, it's somewhat outdated though
https://files.catbox.moe/szi019.jpg
>>
>>56020220
>Each word means something different, use the right one.
>waaaah waaah synonyms don't exist because uhhh I say so
>>
>>56020226
I understand, I do not context these points, and if you think I do you need to READ please man who can no one who disagrees with me read my actual posts. Is it because you have to be illiterate to think I'm wrong? It must be.
>>
>>56020237
Physical is not a synonym for damaging. They have different meanings.
>>
bros, can I install dynamic lights?
>>
>>56020238
Do you think Toxic is a "damaging move"?
>>
>>56020246
>Physical is not a synonym for damaging. They have different meanings.
I never stated that though.
>>
>>56020224
Fellow hermit here, genuinely what are your faggots problems with us???
we literally dont cause lag unless were pulling some cobblefag bullshit with huge create machines
>>
>>56020250
Yes. See how easy that is? It's because I'm not spineless, I have an opinion and stand by it without being afraid of you. You should learn from me for when I ask you something.

>>56020255
Then why do you keep pointing to the physical symbol when asked what a damaging move it.
>>
>>56020257
>Then why do you keep pointing to the physical symbol when asked what a damaging move it.
Where?
>>
>>56020257
>I understand, I do not context these points >>56020238
Very next post
>Yes I contest this point
You're trolling, retarded or both.
>>
>>56020257
>s because I'm not spineless, I have an opinion and stand by it without being afraid of you. You should learn from me for when I ask you something.
You are literally changing your mind though. Toxic goes through mat block which as we established blocks damaging moves.
If Toxic were a "damaging move" it wouls get blocked by mat block.
>>
>>56020256
>server about building community and participating
>mod (create) literally added to facilitate connections by train
>"nah let me build underground and play by myself"
>>
>>56020261
You don't understand what I'm contesting, because you can't keep the opportune terms and meanings straight while you skip my posts without reading them.
>>
>>56020267
boo fucking hoo :)
>>
>>56020263
No, we did not establish that. Feint gets through, which is a damaging move. I have not changed my mind, you just aren't able to follow this conversation.
>>
>>56020269
>You don't understand what I'm contesting, because you can't keep the opportune terms and meanings straight
I literally emphasized the keywords in the last 2 posts. Everything is kept straight you're just braindead.
>>
>>56020270
You're the literal socially retarded creep that has no basic skills, are logged on 24/7, cry when the server goes down at restart
>>
>>56020276
>Feint gets through, which is a damaging move.
And is clearly marked as an exception, we already established that here >>56020226
> I have not changed my mind,
You did
> you just aren't able to follow this conversation.
No, you're just proven wrong by the games and you can't weasel your way out of being thoroughly and unequivocally disproven.
GG no re, thanks for playing, and still jannoid should provide clarification so we avoid autistic faggots such as (You) Dank.
>>
>>56020281
from watching how you retards behave in the thread, and sometimes in the server, can you blame me for not wanting to interact?

plus im dutch so i dont play during american hours, i hardly see the server go down or experience any bad lag
>>
>>56020300
Dankgandalf please quit the server, we all fucking hate you and your whiny geek ass.
Start over next gen bud
>>
>>56020302
thats another thing, whats your deal with dank? from what im aware they've done absolutely nothing wrong??
you guys love ganging up on decent people just for laughs dont you?
>>
>>56020324
>from what im aware they've done absolutely nothing wrong??
>cheated out a 3rd place win
>made a mistake with its team, blamed a "glitch" for his own stupidity.
You are not fooling anyone lil bitch.
>>
Is there any way to make Create look nice and not get in the way? Trying to build connected shit with all the shafts/belts gets messy that I'm thinking of just putting a waterwheel behind the wall of each machine and calling it a day but that seems gay.
>>
>>56020341
this, this
this is why hermits dont want to interact
>>
>>56020278
Yes, you emphasized words that are irrelevant to the topic, because you think they apply, because you can't keep your terms straight. As I said.
>>56020290
If exceptions can be safely ignored then we can ignore Mat Block entirely, as it's the only move in the game that lines up closely with what you claim and every other instance in the entire game agrees with me. Or, we accept exceptions as part of the whole story, in which case Feint breaks the case for Mat Block.
>Dank again
You're literally obsessed and it's honestly cringe.
>>
>>56020341
>he and his opponent agreeing on a clause reading only to later realize they were both wrong is not cheating
>you only know about the glitch thing because he came clean when he realized he was wrong
Sperg. Touch grass.
>>
>>56020353
>If exceptions can be safely ignored then we can ignore Mat Block entirely
No.
>>
>>56020353
>and every other instance in the entire game agrees with me
Post 1 (ONE) in-game instance, you have failed to do so.
>>
>>56020353
>in which case Feint breaks the case for Mat Block.
No because it's clearly marked as an exception in-game.
>>
>>56020362
>it IS Dank after all
Kek what a BITCH.
>>
>>56020383
>>56020383
>>56020383
>>56020383
New
>>
>>56020379
Ok, then read the rest of the post. Literally everything you want to know or could ask has already been written by me if you'd just fucking read.
>>
>>56020393
>exceptions aren't exceptions if I call them exceptions
????
>>
>>56020412
you talking out of your ass doesn't make things true. Please provide 1 (ONE) in-game instance.
>>
>>56020419
Instance of what? Of damaging moves dealing damage? Do you ever know what you're asking for? You're literally just upset about being told you're wrong and grapsing at anything you can.
>>
>>56020218
There's a Holetown
>>
>>56020418
I know you're retarded but this is the logic:
>exceptions are clearly described in-game.
>Toxic isn't described as an exception
>It's safe to assume it's not an exception
And it's consistent with all the other information we know.
>Toxic has the category of status move
>Mat Block clearly makes a difference between damaging moves and status moves
GG no re
If you were intellectually honest you'd recognize that Attacks (this set includes the categories of Physical and Special moves) are the same as what mat block considers "damaging moves".
>>
>>56020435
Except you're wrong. Mat Block is not a test for if a move is damaging or not, feint isn't the only thing thst breaks through it, things break through that aren't literally named in game. Ergo, it cannot be used as a test for if a move is damaging or not. The only indicator for of a move is a damaging move or not, is if it deal damage or not.
>>
It's insane that this has been going on for so long because you neets can't accept that a damaging move is a move that deals damage and want to pull some mental gymnastics to make it something else convoluted enough to make emomes poorly worded rule make sense.
>>
>>56020440
unseen fist, z moves and the other exceptions also mention that they break through protect.
>>
>>56020452
A damaging move deals damage, yes. The mental gymnastics comes from the retard pretwnding causing an ailment and the ailment then doing damage means the move did damage.
>>
>>56020464
Are we talking about protect, or Mat Block. I don't know how many times I have to tell you to keep your terms straight.
>>
bump limit reached
and a third of it is you fuckers going back and forth
what a waste of precious thread time
>>
>>56020467
Damage is damage. Not to mention all the examples besides Toxic given. I noticed the last time this came up >>56020032 you elected to not reply at all. Felt cornered? A little out of your depth maybe?
>>
>>56020475
>precious
It's not a finite resource, and there's already a new thread up. Calm down.
>>
File: 1696133220174201.jpg (21 KB, 450x440)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>56020224
I don't want to hermit, I want to dwarf it down with others of the same mind
Why would I ask for towns if I wanted to do it alone?
>>
>>56020530
There's a lot of towns. Log on and ask around, take a tour.
>>
>>56020467
And not the retard pretending thunder and feint aren't damaging moves huh, right.
>>
technician thing is simple
can you use it with ass vest on?
it is a damaging move
if not
it is not, it's a STATUS move

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.