[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Sun & Moon is underated
>>
>>56444244
Go play a finished game, like Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon.
>>
>>56444244
I don’t think so. I dropped the franchise due to these games.
The hate it gets is deserved.
>>
>>56444244
The artstyle is fantastic in places. Some of the best in the series.
In other areas the art and designs are half baked.
>>
>>56444244
USUM is only fun if you are doing a solo run. SM is probably worse. So no it’s not underrated, I’ve never played the game but I’m sure it is appropriately rated.
>>
>>56444244
i believe the sentiment on alola will change as times goes on, similar to how it was with unova. at the time of release people were lukewarm on gen v now it's fondly looked back on as one of the greats. alola is sadly the best 3d game game freak has ever made. we just didn't know how good we had it.
>>
>>56444553
Fuck off delcattynazi
>>
File: 1725256847032697.jpg (481 KB, 2047x1476)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
>>56444244
They're the best of the 3D era easily
>>
>>56444244
region sucks, campaign sucks, postgame sucks these games are shit
>>
>>56444584
You caught me, good detective work anon!
>>
File: 1726178861236.jpg (245 KB, 974x1768)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>
>>56445899
Are you lost?
>>
>>56444575
except unova was always good and any real hatred dissipated by bw2, alola was shit on release and it's still shit now
>>
>>56445904
Are you jewish?
>>
>>56444244
they fucking suck lmao. I haven't bought a pokemon game since these stinkers
>>
>>56445868
Now go back ->>/pol/
>>
>>56444244
It's not underrated, it's divisive. Some people just don't like visual novels.
>>
>>56444244
I fucking love SM, but I would compare it to Dark Souls 2 or MGSV or FFX-2.
It's not a good addition to the franchise, but as its own thing, it stands out strong.
SM isn't a good Pokemon game, but I think it's a great JRPG.
>>
>>56444244
The entire pokemon series is monorail "lead you by the nose" but at least does a good job of making it seem less obvious. They flesh the world out a bit. Sun and Moon made absolutely no or little attempt to hide it. It felt very stripped down and low effort. I loved wishiwashi though
>>
>>56444244
SM/USUM introduced almost nothing new or impressive and the region itself was a huge disappointment since it was a whole bunch of wasted potential once again but unlike XY it was portrayed as if it wasn’t. And SM and USUM never expanded on anything that XY introduced or left incompete.
>Z moves are just a stupid mechanic that could have easily been replaced by buffing the elemental gems
>regional forms are great but initially it was nothing more than just Kanto pandering
>island trails are underwhelming and no where near as good and gyms
>the entire region was boring and there was virtually nothing to do in all the islands minus one of them.
> no new megas
> Zygarde was a huge disappointment
>Hawaii has some amazing underwater reefs and sea caves, but in Alola neither of those things were utilized at all, there could have been sections where you dive to unlock cool items or explore and catch Alolan Pokémon, or just to explore more caves. Again just wasted potential.
>catching native alolan Pokemon were incredibly difficult as most of them had incredibly low encounter rate compared to older pokemon.
>the characters minus the professor, Guzma, and nanu were some of the most boring and uninteresting characters in the series yet.
> hau was another friendly boring rival that was never a threat
> In USUM you can catch legendaries in space, this makes no sense for some legendaries like Ho-oh or Lugia as they are bound to earth only and it was just another lazy way to write legendaries in the game. ORAS did the same thing but it actually made sense since it was Hoopa summoning them with the rings.
>ultra recon squad were pointless and unnecessary
Cutscene simulator PokeHawaii edition isn't underrated, it's just dogshit
>>
>>56444244
I have played every gen and I hated this one the most.
>>
>>56444278
Sun and Moon are much better than SwoShit and ScatVomit.
>>
>>56447027
so good thing he dropped the franchise before it became even worse

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.