[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1690263586213500.png (1.63 MB, 1440x1080)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
Reputation system is what makes game a truly sandbox experience. If you piss off a faction the faction will refuse to deal with you, but you also gain benefits with faction you siding with, and the tides can turn at any moment.
This is what made games like GTA2, Mount and Blade, Daggerfall or Sid Meier's Pirates so great.
>>
>>10687186
I don't think reputation is necessary in open-world games, but I agree it's great in the games that have it.

I love the factions and missions in the Escape Velocity games for example. Also Frontier: Elite 2, even Elite'84 had some reputation with the criminal record, but Frontier went further wih the Empire and Federation factions where you'd hurt your standing with one when you helped the other.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.