[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Did they every end up fixing how the right analog stick works in the PC port?
>>
PC port has max payne style aiming, reVC and some mod idk has a free look for controllers
>>
>>10687342
yea, in re3/reVC
>>
Why the hell would you handicap yourself and play this game on a controller
>>
>>10687342
>rockstar
>fixing anything
These retards couldn't make their games run well on any system, with Max Payne 3 and RDR 2 being the rare exception.
Do you seriously believe they are competent enough to patch up this old game?
>>
>>10687621
>handicap yourself
>in gta
kek
>>
>>10687634
If you a true fan of these games and play them frequently (which a fan should),then you will notice there are indeed many handicaps involving shooting exactly where you want to (at proper speed), camera movement & ESPECIALLY shooting,driving,using horn&movement.
I played GTA VCS recently and there was a very infuriating moment a mission was difficult simply because of how inferior gamepad controls are to PC controls. I dont remember precisely what happened, but you couldnt do two actions at the same time because of gamepad limitation, which you can easily on PC. So yes its a handicap
>>
>>10687342
Is this the famous OoT-like people talk about?
>>
>>10687708
I have two words of advice for you: get good
>>
>>10687716
If you were good, you'd adapt to the PC's handling of the right stick.
>>
>>10687720
I played both ps2 and pc versions multiple times, really not a big deal :)
>>
>>10687740
Big enough deal to make a thread about something you've struggled with for 20 years.
>>
>>10687716
Theres nothing about getting good you dumb ass
I bet you dont even know that you get 5 shotgun ammo for every police car and you can explode every vehicle in very quick shotgun shots
Which you cannot do on controller
You are tourist to the Grand Theft Auto series, sir
>>
>>10687754
But I know that stuff, and you get extra armor in an enforcer, used that for vigilantes. Just because your crab ass claws need special needs controls doesn't mean everyone have to use them.
>>
>>10687775
Mhm except with gamepad manual aim you literally cannot do it with the precision and time it is possible on PC,therefore it is handicap
Auto aim WILL just lock you to a random ped or enemy
>>
>>10687787
Or you can just not use auto aim and aim at the car. Well if you're a typewriter orc with total lack of motor skills for analog aiming then it's impossible, sure.
>>
File: 1458592552965.jpg (8 KB, 200x283)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>10687378
Did reVC fix any of the FPS related issues or did they get DMCAed before they got that far?
>>
>>10687818
no, but vc doesn't have much issues beyond boats maybe and the cum fountain
>>
>>10687818
Not quite, it was being worked on when the DMCA hit. There was a WIP pull request with a lot of things fixed, but vehicle acceleration was too slow.
>>10687827
Nearly all physics is wrong at higher framerates. If you run the game at like 500+fps it's easy to see how fucked it is.
>>
>>10687904
>I was talking more sensible framerates like 60
Yes and they're still off at 60fps, it's just more noticeable the higher you go.
>>
>>10687630
And if they do, you shouldn’t be allowed to own it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.