[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (1).jpg (19 KB, 225x225)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
The levels are way better than thug 1 but holy fuck it feels tedious having to do all these bunk challenges.
>>
>>10934424
>but holy fuck it feels tedious having to do all these bunk challenges.
it's literally just THPS1-3 career mode without the 2 minute timer.
>>
I feel like the skateboarding franchise would've been a lot more successful if they went with Sonic instead of some literally who.
>>
>>10934424
I hate having to look for objectives, they feel so shoddily set up.
>>
>>10934424
The Hawk games got shit once they started introducing a storyline.
>>
what if they gave tony hawk a gun
>>
>>10934504
and a sheriff badge
>>
Skateboarding culture was so faggy in hindsight. I'm glad it died out.
>>
File: 1659060968496779.jpg (178 KB, 924x969)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>10934424
>The levels are way better than thug 1
>>
>>10934424
THUG 2 classic mode is pretty good. Not a big fan of the story mode but at least it's better than THUG 1.
THUG 1 story mode is fucking awful. Too many missions with unclear objectives, and who the fuck decided the game needed vehicle sections? There's no classic mode in THUG 1 either so story mode is all you get. I do not understand people who think it's the best game in the series.
3 > 2 > THUG 2 classic mode > 4 > 1 > THUG 2 story > THAW > THUG 1
>>
Que pasa?! Welcome to Spain! Here's the skinny: with Burnquist gone you're gonna have to get extra ridiculous. I suggest starting off with a Hiroshima Snot Rocket, but here are some other things you might try.
>>
I'll take 2 over 1 any day. Giving goals one at a time separately is stale as shit. It's a game about playing around in a big skatepark, just give the goals upfront and let people complete them freely. i mean just look at the time difference in speedruns for both games

i feel like because you have to do most of the goals in each level in 1, they didnt want to make them too hard but as a result it just made all the goals trivally easy

>>10934574
objectively true. a good chunk of the levels in 1 have to carve out big empty spaces for the god awful driving missions, so you have dead spaces that really restrict combo lines.
2 not only fixes this but they utilize vertical space way better. especially new orleans and skatopia. getting shitloads of speed and air rules
>>
>>10934585
>too many missions with unclear objectives

like what exactly? I played through THUG recently and I don't remember anything being unclear.
>>
>>10934646
>good chunk of the levels in 1 have to carve out big empty spaces for the god awful driving missions, so you have dead spaces that really restrict combo lines
the only levels like that are hotter than hell which was built around the baja cart and san diego where the atrium is carved out for the your skate demo in the story. not a car section.

>especially new orleans and skatopia. getting shitloads of speed and air rules
what's ironic that skatopia is a really barren level outside of the story.
>>
>>10934424
Play Classic Mode, OP
>>
>>10934528
You sound fat and foreign.
>>
Tony Hawk Solid 3: Skate Eater
>>
>>10935026 Tony Hawk Solid 2: Sons of Kickfliperty
>>
>>10935026 Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Skates
>>
>>10934585
>THUG 1 below THPS 1
lol, you're just blinded by nostalgia is all.
>>
>>10934585
>. Too many missions with unclear objectives
you are illiterate and unironically retarded.
>>
>>10934528
You sound thin and a first worlder
>>10935189
Nah. He's just not a rowroow yur boat tard
>>
>Tony Hawk's Underground 2
>presented by Hideo Kojima
what changes
>>
File: 1689147426200637.jpg (874 KB, 4128x3096)
874 KB
874 KB JPG
>>10935395
Tank controls.
>>
>>10934465
Bam Magera was pretty well known in the 2000s tho
>>
File: 1634794793182.jpg (320 KB, 1500x1295)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>10934585
>and who the fuck decided the game needed vehicle sections?
Are you pretending to be retarded? You use Steve O's bull, the injured kid's wheel chair, Jesse James' hot rod thing, I'm fairly certain you ride some sort of rocket thing too.

THUG2 is just as bad if not worse with the gimmicky bullshit that isn't a fucking skateboard. As for you getting "lost" in THUG1, lol. The open areas you claim to criticize you can use a god damn manual or the run ability they introduce in that game dumbass.
>>
They started to introduce some really dumb stuff in THUG 2 like the Natas Spin, but it wasn't until American Wasteland where they just threw in way to much stupid extra stuff like parkour that I feel the gameplay got too bloated. Tony Hawk was best when it was simple and arcadey
>>
>>10934528
I don't necassarily disagree with the faggy rolley-plank sentiment and also the uninformed gaylord sentiment that Bam brought but...
Skateboarding has seen unprecedentented popularity since the late 90's/early 2000's WE/B.
Skating is in the olympics now, whether /vr/ chooses skateboarding to be relevent in their lame-ass generals and threads is irrellevent. I go to the park and I see people of all walks, women, zoomers, millenials and boomers, just everybody. I have much more respect for female zoom zooms who boldy show up to a park sucking ass and doing their thing than some bogus male zoomer wastoid hitting the park thinking he'sthe next Nyjah...
Skateboarding is in the olympics, it is here to stay. Whether or not you adapt is irrellevent. /xs/ was created in the wake of pure wrestling autism and was mich deserved. This pisses so many people off but it is honestly such a small victory it is pathetic. Skater XL and Session dominate and of course neither are Retro, far from it.
Skate shoes are still immensely popular and a lot of the brands like Vans, Converse, eS, Emerica, Supra, Lakai etc etc are still going strong, and will continue to go strong because they have no shortage of non-skaters who want comfy as fuck shoes to wear around and feel cool.
Just sounds like a skater stole your girl, pr some sort or skate repated trauma.
Because it is alive an well. Dunno what you're on about. I think this night be more of a concern to some weirdo who plays arcadeg ames... Play SXL or Session (non-retro) and get truly filtered. Filtered in a humbled way.
>>
>>10934528
You know you can always choose to get over being a loser in high school.
>>
>>10934424
>>10934465
>>10934475
>>10934502
>>10934609
>>10934646
>>10935395
>>10935704
>>10935707
>>10934585
>There's no classic mode in THUG 1 either so story mode is all you get. I do not understand people who think it's the best game in the series.
You are all useless worthless trash faggots. To me you are what trannies and sjw is to you. Fucking despise you scum and hope you die from chemo. THUG2 is the best game in the franchise because it is the most advanced one mechanically. THUG1 is very good and actually has better off skateboard in air controls than THUG2 allowing more freedom of expression.
You people are fucking scum because you aren't actual fans of these series and never shown interest over anything more than beating the storyline like drooling zoomers you are just to get that extra mark in amount of completed video games mental checklist that you have just to feel a little bit better cause you are purposeless shit motherfuckers, everyone who has posted ITT so far I could probably beat with eyes closed your scores together combined and I am not even good at the game
>>
>>10934424
Yeah and the vehicles are shit.
>>
File: 1715874122207.jpg (180 KB, 600x900)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>10934504
This but in a video game
>>
>>10934965
>>10935707
>>10936540
Good to see skatefags are still sensitive as ever lmao.
>>
>>10936631
>starts banter
>gets banter back
>calls them sensitive
what reddit-tier logic is this lol
>>
>>10935453
The vehicles in THUG2 are just diet skateboarding, not like the crappy driving in THUG1.
>>
>>10934528
it was faggy at the time too
>>
>>10935707
mainstream relevance in sports is something like basketball during the days of michael jordan or wrestling during the attitude era. and skateboarding's mainstream relevance effectively died with the tony hawk games. sure you have people still doing it but does anyone outside the scene actually know about anyone other than tony hawk? not really. you might get someone who grew up with the games and bring up someone who was in them like rodney mullen or chad muska but that's basically it.

>b-but i go to skateparks and...
that's people in the scene. ask random joe on the street about skateboarding and see what happens.

>b-but muh olympics
you know what else is in the olympics? curling. who the fuck outside of curlers care about curling? nobody because more than half of olympic events are pretty much irrelevant outside of the olympics.

like for all the preaching i hear around here about gatekeeping and/or wanting specific hobbies to be a niche it's almost surreal to see someone like you argue that your hobby is anything but a fad or niche at this point.
>>
>>10937465
>that's people in the scene. ask random joe on the street about skateboarding and see what happens.
NTA but this applies to any and all hobbies. Ask anyone on the street whether or not they like any particular hobby and you'll be met with the same non-caring dismissive retorts. The rest of your post is just ass-chaffed nonsense, not even sure what point you're trying to make other than shitting on something for the fuck of it, and arguing for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>10934465
Bam and Jackass were at their peak of popularity.
>>
>>10937483
>Ask anyone on the street whether or not they like any particular hobby and you'll be met with the same non-caring dismissive retorts.
not really you'll usually find someone who has a very surface level of a hobby and/or bring up what ever the most well known thing is (i.e. DnD for RPGs, marvel for capeshit, etc.).

>>10937483
>"The rest of your post is just ass-chaffed nonsense"
>post I'm replying to is literally insecure about his hobby being a fad
>"NTA"
sure you aren't.
>>
>>10934528
Meh it was really just Thrasher that was bad. Thrasher always appealed to skating snobs.
>>
>>10937493
I feel like the Jackass franchise would've been a lot more successful if they put Sonic in it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.