[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: puyo.webm (2.69 MB, 320x240)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB WEBM
What are your favorite multiplayer puzzle games, /vr/?
>>
>>4882963
Puyo is king. Puzzle Fighter isn't as good but is also a lot of fun. Remix is much better.
>>
>>4882963
I wouldn't know, I don't have any friends willing to play multiplayer puzzle games with me

Tetris is pretty neat I guess but I don't think that has multiplayer support
>>
>>4883112
Check out the Grandmaster series, they have a fun vs. mode.

Also, Puyo Puyo x Tetris has a bunch of content, and you can play with randoms online.
>>
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
>>
>>4883175
I've been trying to beat that game but I can't wrap my head around puyo with no offsetting and 5 colors
>>
File: trashman15.png (50 KB, 180x191)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>4883175
>no garbage offset mechanic
>>
>>4883213
Just work on getting faster at building a large (5+) chain. That's all it takes to win against the AI in PP1.
>>
Top 5 Vs. Puzzlers You MUST Play!
Columns III
Puyo Pop 2
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Landmaker / Builder's Block
Wario's Woods

Honourable Mentions:
Tetris Grandmaster 2+
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2
Mouja
Sen-Know
Aqua Rush
Lumines
Pac-Attack
Bust-A-Move
Panel de Pon / Tetris Attack
>>
fly awayiii~
>>
File: videoplayback.webm (1.89 MB, 640x360)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB WEBM
>>4882963
Tetris Battle Gaiden on SNES is really interesting, but my brother got frustrated because it's designed to be entirely based around utterly fucking over your opponent. Stealing pieces to get meter so you can do shit like make them not be able to turn their pieces or be forced to clear lines twice to get rid of them or just completely bust up their board so it's a mess to clear. It's brutal.
>>
Tetris Attack. My sister and I were addicted to it for a few years.
>>
>2018
>not playing Baku Baku exclusively
By the way, don't play the PC port, it's just a port of the 8-bit Game Gear version. Play on Saturn. But the PC cover is hilarious.
>>
>>4885186
How's the Master System port?
>>
>>4885186
>By the way, don't play the PC port, it's just a port of the 8-bit Game Gear version.

No, it uses the arcade/Saturn graphics and sound and everything. But it's a 320x224 tetris game with MIDI sound running in a Windows... window, which on the PC is shareware tier garbage. Plus it used the pre-directX DINO libraries, so you can't play it on modern systems anyway.

Or maybe you are referring to some emulated shit that Sega has released later? I think I still have the PC port and it definitely did use the original graphics, not 8-bit ones.
>>
>>4885235
Probably, I never played it, but from the screenshots I saw it looked like the 8-bit version. Maybe it mixes the arcade graphics with the 8-bit backgrounds.
Either way, just play the Saturn version that has the most options and is identical to the arcade.
>>
File: NkM5sb0.png (16 KB, 256x224)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>4882963
Tetris Attack / Panel de Pon / Puzzle League / whatever you wanna call it.

It's my drug. Is there a good Android clone?
>>
Wario's Woods.

I'm fucking SEETHING that they let that series die instead of expanding on it, yet we get a new Dr. Mario with online play every fucking generation.
>>
>ctrl+f Magical Drop
>0 results
you disappoint me /vr/

>inb4 Money Puzzle Exchanger is better
it both is and isnt
it's better cause it offers a slightly different and more challenging(in a way) gameplay
it's worse cause it over complicates a gameplay that is based on being simple and easy to pick up
>>
>>4885262
1) it would be impossible to play this game with the fidelity needed to score x13 using a touch screen

2) i have never found another game that reproduces the mechanics exactly. there's even some slight variations between nintendo ports.
>>
So Puyo Puyo Tetris for Steam got cracked the other day... the actual game data is only 128mb, while the Denuvo DRM size is several gigabytes. LMAO.
>>
>>4885829
It's 6mb for the executable, 122 for the DRM ackshually
>>
File: BombermanGoemon.jpg (187 KB, 1350x1774)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
Is Bomberman allowed ITT?
>>
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Columns (not really multiplayer in the versus sense)
Columns III
Tetris Attack
Yoshi's Cookie
Dr. Mario
>>
puyo @ mtm just went live!

twitch,tv/sym_pasta
>>
Magical Drop 3
Puzzle Idol Exchanger
Tetris Attack
Puyo Puyo + Tetris
Puzzle Bobble 4
>>
>>4882963
Dr. Robotniks lean mean jelly bean machine!

Hands down the best 2 player puzzle game.
>>
>>4886375
>Yoshi's Cookie
Nah.
https://youtu.be/v813A3AKmaw
>>
>>4885803
1) Have you played the DS version? I think it's very possible to play the same mechanics in a touch screen. That said, I agree you might not be able to be as fast.

2) True. I've noticed it myself.
>>
>>4886572
Speaking of the Good Doctor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMGYurUik0
>>
File: 2017-12-16_01-20-51.png (115 KB, 640x480)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>4882963
Mr. Driller G
>>
Super puzzle fighter 2 x
Puyo puyo tsu
Pukunpa ss
Magical drop 3
Mushihimetama
>>
>>4885262
I imported the GCN Nintendo Puzzle Collection just for PDP 2 with 4-player shenanigans.
>>
>>4888416
Is it really called Panel de Pon 2?
I gotta try the 4 player mode.
>>
>>4889464
No but it's a sequel to the SFC game, and you play as Lip's daughter
>>
File: smug_feli.jpg (79 KB, 586x799)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
No you can't.
>>
>>4891374
I want to rape Feli!
>>
>>4889564
I didn't know that. Now I really have to play it.
>>
...fwom yoh gwave.
>>
>>4885162
Beautiful. Best game.
>>
i've only played tetris and columns. might give puyo and tetris attack a try though.
>>
The holy trinity of puzzlers:

Columns
Puyo
MPE

Fuck commieblocks.
>>
>>4886895
the mechanics are completely different in the DS version to accommodate the touch screen. the game is much slower paced and forgiving.
>>
>>4897292
It's true the default mode is much slower, but you can change it to play at "panel de pon mode" speeds. It's just not the default, unfortunately.
>>
>>4885829
>>4885896
I think I would care about this more if PuyovTetris wasn't so fucking awesome.
>>
batan, kyuuuu...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.