[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games


Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]



File: 1488817621553.jpg (336 KB, 800x600)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
BLOBLO
> Best D2 wiki out there
https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Main_Page
> > RESET WHEN
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73916272
> Guide to rune hunting in LK current to 1.13+
https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/1-13-lk-patterns.764531/
> Unified Guides and builds on jsp
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=69506039
> D2 drop calculator
http://dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php
> > incl. classic
http://mfb.bplaced.net/dropcalc/index.php
Cool D2 promo, concept artworks, monster renderers and more
http://www.mobygames.com/game/diablo-ii/promo

> Version 1.13d, for running off-realm, third-party mods and utils including plugy
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/LODPatch_113d.exe
> PlugY injector for improving your SP experience
http://plugy.free.fr/en/index.html
> 3dfx-voodoo glide wrapper, for lighting the way it was meant to be seen
http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/
> Median XL mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/medianxl
> Back to the Hellfire mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/back-to-hellfire
> Path of Diablo mod
https://pathofdiablo.com/


DIABLO1
> Last semi active D1 community
http://tristr.am/
> Jarulf's Guide (every game mechanic & stat for D1)
http://www.bigd-online.com/JG/JGFrame.html
> D1 game engine engineered
https://github.com/dgengin/DGEngine
> Ironman challenge
http://www.realmsbeyond.net/diablo/vironman.html
> Unofficial patch for Hellfire + convenient optional features
http://lurkerlounge.com/belix/HellfireProject/Help&Info.htm
> Bnet-compatible, unofficial Diablo patch for modern systems
http://diablopat.ch/index.php
> HD Belzebub mod
https://mod.diablo.noktis.pl/
> Diablo The Hell mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-the-hell
>>
>>4895856
Best game
>>
>>4895539
> Sturdy
> +10-30% Defense Armor(1)[10-20%](4)[21-30%]
> So item level 1 armor could have 10-20% modifier, what about level 2 and level 3 armor?

If this is from Arreat Summit, it means that the 10-20 range on magnitude for "Sturdy," the name of the prefix, gives the item a level requirement of 1. The 21-30 magnitude range for "Sturdy" will increase the level requirement to 4. There is no range of numbers that increase the req. to 2 or 3

Level requirement is not to be confused with tclass, qlvl, alvl, mlvl, clvl, or even ilvl, but i'm sure you knew that
>>
found a pretty much mint copy of d2 in a thrift store a couple weeks ago for five bucks. epic. epic for the win.
>>
>>4895878
I dont think that game is rare..
>>
File: 1497559042449.jpg (193 KB, 719x502)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
Post at least one tip for new players.
>>
Is there such a thing as a stone curse modifier in D1?
>>
>>4896112
reassign all of your hotkeys to asdfg, qwert, zxcv, and spacebar

makes switching between skills and using potions nice and fluid
>>
>>4895881
If it's actually a mint packaging then I don't see why he shouldn't feel like he made a good cop at the thift store
>>
>>4895868
>The 21-30 magnitude range for "Sturdy" will increase the level requirement to 4.

i think the numbers in ( ) are affix levels not level requirements
>>
>>4896112
When you run, a monsters chance to hit is set to 100%.
>>
>>4896210
Pretty sure you can still find copies of the battle chest at staples
>>
>>4896521
For $5 instead of $20/$30 or whatever is still a good cop
>>
File: Untitled.png (17 KB, 714x189)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
I know how to identify if I get to fight the skeleton king and the butcher in a run. But what about the other quests, does the town gives clue if it's available?
>>
>>4896112
Leaf, stealth, lore, spirit, smoke. Sorc is the best starter, plugy is the best way to enjoy the game, read guides on d2jsp.
>>
File: 1519405651900.png (42 KB, 846x592)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>merc kitted out with veil of steel, viperfork, leviathan
>actual char wearing low tier runeword/mf garbage because nothing useful ever drops
>>
>>4897137
>anon goes in hell
>his merc gets one shot with that ass gear
>>
>>4895856
Shit game
>>
You know, Bnet is sort of like pro sports.

Everyone on the ladder bots, dupes, and buys gear, but no one ever admits it.

>>4897143
True.
>>
>>4897156
That's why real men play plugy.
>>
>>4897165
I just wish that botting/duping/d2jsp didn't exist. Then again, there are equivalents for every online RPG out there.

PlugY was nice but holy fuck it was lonely. D2 is meant to be played with other people.
>>
>>4897190
There are private servers for that reason, too bad they're all reddit and garbage. I wish /v/net was brought back. I make the mod, but I can't host the server.
>>
>>4897190
make a progressive server and i'll host it
>>
I played a really nice game with some randoms from level 1 to act 4 with almost no rushing at all. We were even started on building the flail in act 3 when someone showed up and just skipped up to trav and durance 2.
It was fun while it lasted though.

Also on a completely different note I really hate it when I get a nice drop that I know will trade well then I see like 2-4 other people trying to trade the exact same item that same day.
>>
>>4897219
>muh fg
>>
File: jfc.png (571 KB, 1380x925)
571 KB
571 KB PNG
BOOM
>>
>>4897334
What's cool about this?
>>
>>4897340
it rolled cruel, fools, swiftness (ok), performance(ehh), lamprey (lowest roll), mechanics

you can upgrade it twice to an indestructible phase blade and it will be a pretty good weapon
>>
>>4897334
>you can upgrade it twice to an indestructible phase blade

didn't think of that

breddy gud

what you going to socket it with?
>>
>>4897387
i didn't find it, it's for sale on jsp us east ladder lol
>>
>>4897387
40/15 jwls, i'd expect
>>
>>4897435
Depending on the build, I don't really think you'd need the extra attack speed.
>>
>>4897460
Two ohm runes.
>>
>>4897480
An Eth rune could be a good choice too.
>>
>>4897480
2 Ber!
>>
File: frosty.jpg (221 KB, 1000x1000)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>4897334
>>4897480
>>4897507
>>4897508

where do you guys put your tome of identify and portal
>>
>>4897513
In my inventory.
>>
>>4897513
Don't carry ID, keep one column of TP scrolls in 4th belt slot.
>>
>>4897513
>>4897520
Though if I do keep a Tome, most left 4 slots of inventory, TP on top of ID.
>>
File: chikenwafle.jpg (494 KB, 3035x3024)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
>>4897523
same
>>
File: 1530725488112.png (2.42 MB, 1993x1367)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB PNG
>>4897534
I get super triggered if I watch someone else play and they have ID on top.
>>
>>4897523
Cube and tomes here. Cube on top, tomes side by side under it.
>>
File: 1525902335333.jpg (44 KB, 569x506)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>lvl 1 necro named Santa-Claws enters game, says "ho ho ho", drops Windforce at my feet, then leaves

okay
>>
>>4897707
But it's summer...
>>
>>4897513
You snugly fit them in the upper left corner right above your horadric cube.
>>
Accidentally went to players 8 hell with my holy shock pally and for like an hour was getting my ass owned hard in act 2. And how's your day going?
>>
File: gargoyle.gif (18 KB, 160x160)
18 KB
18 KB GIF
Playing D1 using warrior.

I hate gargoyles, how can I annihilate a mob of gargoyles fast if they keep turning into stone making them invincible and restores their health.
>>
File: 1523328609272.gif (1.37 MB, 264x264)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>>4898125
>Playing D1 using warrior.
consider rerolling
>>
File: 09.jpg (854 KB, 1200x1696)
854 KB
854 KB JPG
Maybe he's already done the chain lightning routine and his body is now ready for the hard mode experience
>>
>>4898125
Just keep hitting it and that should stunlock it enough that it can't run away or turn into stone, atleast that's how I remember it. Maybe your weapon is too slow or doesn't do enough damage to flinch them or something.
>>
>>4898125
Place it into a corner. Then it will be confused and constantly go into stoneform and out of it, and it will be completely harmless as you hack it to pieces.
Generally speaking as a warrior, any time you meet a character who runs away from you if you get close to them / if you hurt them (so most shooters, esp. in later parts of Caves and Hell), you have to herd them into a corner and kill them when they have nowhere to run.
And also don't listen to >>4898353, Warrior is fun and viable.
>>
>>4898893
>Warrior is fun and viable.
That's one of the things I liked about D1 and pre-synergy patch D2, anything goes. Then they ruined almost everything with 1.10.
>>
>>4898897
>That's one of the things I liked about D1 and pre-synergy patch D2, anything goes. Then they ruined almost everything with 1.10.
Anon, pre-synergy patch D2 was so fucking easy a guy completed a run with a pure Firebolt Sorceress. You had Whirlwind barbs dealing enormous damage with what amounted to a cracked toothpick.

In post 1.10 era, every single class has 2-3 viable builds, and that list expands even more if you have the patience or a budget. Even then, post 1.10, you can still get away with oddball shit as long as you don't plan to play beyond Nightmare. Hell difficulty is an actual test of your character building ability and personal skill in dealing with and separating mobs. Why is it a problem to have Hell difficulty actually gated by your gear, especially since the same thing happened in Diablo 1, with Hell/Hell being really, really difficult for a Warrior without AC in the 240s and a Faster Attack weapon, and given that most unique gear for non-Sorcerers sucked compared to magical items, which were, obviously, much harder to roll? In my D1 career, which involved a ton of PvP, I've seen *one* legit Dragon's Ring of the Zodiac. I gave it to my brother's Rogue as a birthday gift because I had nothing else (no money of my own, no lawnmowing opportunities in the neighborhood), being 11 at the time.
>>
>>4898902
>Anon, pre-synergy patch D2 was so fucking easy a guy completed a run with a pure Firebolt Sorceress. You had Whirlwind barbs dealing enormous damage with what amounted to a cracked toothpick.
I'd take that back any day over the vast majority of skills being completely fucked, scaling on anything that relies on enemy damage being completely fucked because they dialed enemy hp up by 20x and didn't rescale shit like thorns or revives, any kind of experimentation and hybrid builds being fucked, everyone building 80 skillpoints to power up a single rightclick apart from few exceptions. The amount of viable skills and builds are insanely diminished in 1.10 because blizzard is utterly retarded and can only make good games accidentally, the sheer amount of skills that are useless because of bad math and insufficient numbers is mind-boggling.

And also synergy-based skill trees and mass immunes can't co-exist in a game where solo play is supposed to be viable or enjoyable, the only reason it still works post 1.10 is because they forgot to assrape some builds so for example meteorb sorc has enough points to hybrid because fireball has insane scaling and forb practically doesn't need synergies at all apart from 5-7 points in cold mastery.

Do you really think it's a good patch when every class goes from double-digits viable builds to 1-2 viable builds (without insane amounts of lotto drop god gear)? It's absolute fucking dog shit. Hundreds of different kinds of builds being viable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> more difficulty
>>
>>4898953
>revives
Revives are still a valid option due to the fact that you take the intrinsics from the monsters you slay, so a group of Urdar, for instance, is actually really valuable for being a source of Crushing Blow.
>any kind of experimentation and hybrid builds being fucked
So Wolfbarb and WWsin just poofed overnight? So dual-element Sorceress is not the most viable way to get through Hell anymore? So Fishyzon is not a great, self-reliant WSK build? What you *can't* do anymore is a haphazard slapdash of random skills that work just because you can reduce any class to "get to your level 30 skill, max that out, max whatever utility, you have, faceroll through the game".
>The amount of viable skills and builds are insanely diminished in 1.10
Only if you want to get your character through Hell, which is actually meant as a, you know, final difficulty level and an actual test of ability. Most of the shit you deem unviable is probably very viable - just no longer faceroll.
>mass immunes can't co-exist in a game where solo play is supposed to be viable or enjoyable
D1, which you supposedly played the shit out of, has three different types of enemies that are completely and utterly immune to all magic elements. As a Sorcerer, you either teleport past them or you melee them tediously while Stone Cursed. Why is this not a problem for you?
>synergy-based skill trees
are flexible enough to allow you to have a backup attack against any and all immunes, and the game offers you plenty of methods to simply deal with them. Having an up-to-date mercenary is one thing, you can have him running cheap/vendor gear and he will take care of your shit. Another is to simply avoid the packs of monsters that take too long to kill for your taste. Every class has a viable hybrid with fast killing speed, not just sorc.
And yes, I think it's a good patch, because your definition of viable is "faceroll". I've seen people run untwinked meleemancers.
>>
>>4898953
All I'm saying is - why do you think that *every* build should be able to do Hell difficulty? Hell difficulty is end-game level. You should have to work for your success, whether through grind, good character building or whatever else is there. If you want your multitude of oddball builds, by all means, play them - just swallow your pride and park them in Nightmare if you're not feeling like riding them out to the end.

Also, I'm glad you bring up Sorceresses because they actually have a shitload of good skills they can combine for valid builds. Firewall or Nova are also good baselines for budget sorceresses due to solid damage scaling. Chain Lightning is another good skill you can synergize.

And you're also forgetting that the patch made party play more distinguished. You want pure faceroll damage? Get some friends and roll whatever build you want and have them compensate for your weaknesses with their own designs. That is a perfectly viable way to run the game, too. So viable, in fact, that a bunch of Germans ran a players 8 game where they beat Uber Tristram with a group of completely naked characters.

In short, why not just adapt to the new challenges by the game? As I said, there is more than one build for every class. Diabloii.net had some people beat the game with 7 different builds for all the 7 classes with minimum twinkage - best runeword namedropped by the guy is an Oath, which can be made with fairly minimum effort. Just look at Nightfish's report:
https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/sept-sept-finished-summary.683461/

Septsepts are a thing. LoD 1.13+ build diversity is a verifiable fact. Are we clear on that?
>>
>>4899008
>All I'm saying is - why do you think that *every* build should be able to do Hell difficulty? Hell difficulty is end-game level. You should have to work for your success, whether through grind, good character building or whatever else is there. If you want your multitude of oddball builds, by all means, play them - just swallow your pride and park them in Nightmare if you're not feeling like riding them out to the end.

This. When I play D3, rarely, I might add, I only play with the demon hunter Strafe skill. There are no end game sets or any other way to get the skill to even remotely close to high tier clearing, but I still really enjoy the build.

Just because something isn't a gg ez faceroll build that your favorite memetuber posts videos about, that doesn't mean it's worthless for you to play. The goal after all of playing a game is to have fun.
>>
>>4899000
>>4899008
Good job dancing around most of the points I brought up, you 1.10 fanboys are completely beyond help.
>>
>>4899016
Are you the guy who keeps trying to shill plugy onto everybody?
>>
>>4899016
How exactly did I "dance" around your points? I provided straight answers to challenge your viewpoint while you're reeeeing about skills that "no longer work" (Revives? Really?) or that mass immunes are somehow a problem when D1 also had those, but LoD 1.10+ is apparently "nothing like D1". It's you who is dancing - when I say "each class has 3-4 viable builds", you say "nuh uh, only 1-2", and when I provide you with a list of good, usable builds, you claim I'm avoiding your points. Once again, most of those builds that you claim don't work anymore still work, you just can't complete the game with a shit build on a set of budget crap without putting in some actual effort, whether through inching through every zone patiently, grinding earlier bosses for items, coming up with a better fucking build (restriction breeds creativity in this case), trading for better items if possible or partying up with someone.

I'm really sorry that your Griswold set level 85 Sanctuary/Conversion paladin is no longer good enough for anything beyond Nightmare Lower Kurast, but you should really just fuck off and get good.
>>
>>4899020
>when I say "each class has 3-4 viable builds", you say "nuh uh, only 1-2"
Oh, and BTW - this was a stretch of the word "viable" to mean "anything with good killing speed". If you want to count builds that aren't expected to kill shit as fast as a Javazon, or a maxed out CE Necromancer, that amount is higher, because killing speed is not the be-all-end-all. Concentrate Barbs, for instance, are a really safe build to get through HC and they do have emergency skills to kill physical immunes (Berserk, the one-point wonder), and although they are fairly reliant on a good beatstick, they still work handsomely with any old Cruel Polearm or something like an upped Ribcracker/Steeldriver, which are all affordable. So he won't kill too fast, but he is definitely valid for solo play and a wonderful party asset with all the armor and BO he boasts.
>>
>>4898953
> And also synergy-based skill trees and mass immunes can't co-exist in a game where solo play is supposed to be viable or enjoyable, the only reason it still works post 1.10 is because they forgot to assrape some builds so for example meteorb sorc has enough points to hybrid because fireball has insane scaling and forb practically doesn't need synergies at all apart from 5-7 points in cold mastery.

I do like the idea that you cannot always annihilate the whole screen with a few clicks, and there would be mobs that are difficult or impossible to kill. I also think that some builds are well designed to have the main and the auxiliary source of damage. Meteorb sorc has meteor and orb, wind druid has tornado plus hurricane, trapsin has lightning traps plus corpse explosion, etc. It is true though that the amount of fire immunes in Hell (no pun intended) is overwhelming, closely followed by the amount of cold immunes.
>>
>>4899018
Are you the guy that gets triggered by everything and anything?
>>
>>4899141
Problem is that those builds aren't exactly numerous per character, unless you've got good gear that makes up for the build being trash. You'll always be extremely restricted on what skills you can use to make your points last for two elements, unless you're partying or rich.

Sorc has meteorb
Assa has lightning trap dtalon hybrid
Druid has wind druid, and hilariously not fire druid because the criss-crossing synergy network, the way cooldowns work and the unreliable and underpowered phys damage skills are a mess.
Necro has skelemancer because physical is a god-tier damage type when it comes to resists, and boner because magic is just a little bit worse as a damage type. Problem is boner is mindnumbingly boring to play.
Barb has whatever+1 backup berserk, but playing untwinked barb is "please kill me"-mode.
Zon surprisingly probably has the most options because LF+CS, FA+cold arrow for synergy, magic arrow and strafe are things that don't need huge extra skillpoint investment to have viable damage so you can combine two damage types. Still she has screwed up skills, fend has had a gamebreaking bug since release day, poison is always trash without gear for it, and her fire skills are bugged, have shit math for shit damage and have a pretty cancerous series of synergy connections
Pally is of course the eternal godmoder with hammerdin
>>
>>4899279
>Sorc has meteorb
and FO/CL, any build with Firewall since 1.12, Nova builds, Blizzballer, and you can even make a valid Enchantress with just a Ribcracker because of how good it is as a weapon. it's nice to play a meleer with two different damage types, a fast weapon and no innate AR issues ever.
>Assa has lightning trap dtalon hybrid
And numerous kick builds. Decent boots can be gambled or vendored. Anything with Death Sentry as backup has decent clear speed.
>Druid has wind druid
As well as Furywolf, Fireclaws Werebear (very valid, works like a Zealot with any fast weapon, has shitloads of CC, for fire immunes you switch to a physical setup), Maul bear (once again, you can make it work with just a slow, Cruel Polearm or Maul)
>Necro
ANY Necro build works as long as you max out CE. Then you just kill the first corpse (also through poison means, Poison Nova can work well on a budget as long as you back it up with CE) and clear the entire screen.
>Barb
Full berserk barb is extremely enjoyable to play, and takes some skill because you have 0 armor. You have a ton of CC to compensate. You oneshot mobs throughout Nightmare and still do solid damage to Hell mobs.
>playing untwinked barb is "please kill me"-mode.
a bit of patience at any vendor in Nightmare will let you faceroll everything with either Frenzy or Whirlwind and levelling on Normal is easy because now you can respec so you just max Double Swing, equip two gemmed flails and hold RMB.
>Zon
you mentioned most of the good stuff. melee zons are still viable because, once again, Cruel Warpike is really not hard to get as a last resort weapon and you can backup physical skills with lightning skills, Charged Strike murders bosses
>Pally
There's like 4 solid zealot builds available for pally, 2 of which are certified fast and safe killers on any budget (Holy Freeze and Shock), and with a heavy hitting beatstick you can even make an untwinked charger.
>>
>>4899279
>implying anyone plays meteorb
>>
>>4899318
>FO/CL
Needs good gear, CL needs so much synergy investment to get the damage up and the base cast speed is way worse than other spells. It's not even remotely viable with poverty gear.
>Firewall
Firewall used to be good some time long ago in the past but now it's awful, I've tried a build with it once in 1.13 and it wasn't practical at all. It doesn't flinch enemies because the damage ticks aren't big enough, it's narrow and you have to make them stand/walk in it a lot and the duration is just way too short.
>Nova
>2018
It's shit
>Blizzballer
Blizzard needs synergies while orb doesn't, where are you going to get those points from?
>>
>>4899318
> a bit of patience at any vendor in Nightmare will let you faceroll everything with either Frenzy or Whirlwind
With a pair of exceptional uniques, you're going to do well in NM, but I don't believe otherwise. In the beginning of NM, when you need that boost in the base damage you won't be able to buy or gamble a good weapon. I haven't seen anything beyond 60 or so ED for sale at that point.

>>4899318
> you just max Double Swing, equip two gemmed flails and hold RMB.
And get you ass kicked already in Normal throne room.
>>
>>4899429
>It's not even remotely viable with poverty gear.
Get fucked, I Patriarched a FO/CL Sorc myself and I had no problems, was a fast killer in the usual areas and sometimes even better because you trade one type of immune for another, it was a different playstyle (only one spell with a cooldown, Chain Lightning has its own rules) and had its strengths and weaknesses compared to Meteorb, but it was a regular old Sorc playthrough - kite everything and spam. No fucking problem. She's weaker against bosses (no 7k damage meteor to drop on Meph's face between fireballs) but clears screens really, really easily.
>Firewall used to be good some time long ago in the past but now it's awful
Yeah no it was buffed in a recent patch and Firewall sorcs are viable right now, it's a ridiculously high damage skill, it's also simply high maintenance and requires good control, you have to master wall placement but the reward might very well be worth it. Even before the 1.13 patch you could have had unsynergized Firewall reach 10k damage, which melted monsters. Now it DOES have synergies. Firewall can be easily built around, this has been the case since 1.10 - it just takes skill to use.
>Nova
Do you do anything in this game beyond setting up 7 Hammerdin bots to farm Nightmare LK with, anon? Nova's only flaw is that it puts you at risk of dying if you're not very careful. That doesn't make it unviable, it still pairs well with FO and can be a fast killer. With god gear it's one of the best builds for rushing. Without it, you can still screen clear with FO, Static Field and FO/Nova spam.
>Blizzard needs synergies while orb doesn't, where are you going to get those points from?
Blizzard with 1 synergy is sufficient enough. The philosophy of Blizzball over orb biuilds is that Orb builds have stronger non-cold damage while Blizzard builds focus on Cold with other elements as support. Don't knock it 'til you tried it.
>>
File: 1510889908725.jpg (39 KB, 640x480)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>4899429
>Firewall used to be good some time long ago in the past but now it's awful, I've tried a build with it once in 1.13 and it wasn't practical at all. It doesn't flinch enemies because the damage ticks aren't big enough, it's narrow and you have to make them stand/walk in it a lot and the duration is just way too short.

>looks at my HC firewall sorc that I had zero issues clearing hell with

Spoken like a true pleb. Please throw yourself from the nearest bridge.
>>
File: 1430780137821.gif (404 KB, 342x342)
404 KB
404 KB GIF
>>4899498
>Do you do anything in this game beyond setting up 7 Hammerdin bots to farm Nightmare LK with, anon?

Can he ever recover?
>>
>>4899498
>Patriarched a FO/CL Sorc
I don't think so. Matriarched, maybe.
>>
Yo, why are you dudes discussing firewall? It's a Meph only running build. Why would you run firewall over anything else elsewhere? For "fun" maybe?
>>
>>4899515
>Why would you ever run any class other than sorc or pally?

Can't you see how stupid you sound and that your logic only leads to one thing?
>>
>>4899519
That's not comparable at all. It's ironic how you call me stupid when you'd go for a build that only excels at Meph farming, as a general farming build. Go be a special snowflake somewhere else.
>>
File: Senior Poll.png (217 KB, 500x270)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>4896112

> Clickiest
Martial Arts sin
> Laziest
Skellymancer
> Most Likely To Succeed
Hammerdin
> Thinks She'll Be
Javazon
> Knows She Won't
Bowazon
> Finds the most itams
Blizzard Sorc
> Worst Skill Tree
Summon Druid
> Best Untwinked Set
Iratha's
> Best Team Player
BO Barb
> Honorable Mentions
Conviction Pally, Tele sorc (often runs meteorb)
> Shoestring Budget Torcher
1-Point Smiter
> Best Runeword
Enigma
> Worst Runeword
Enigma
> Tankiest
SS Druid
> hc safest
Skellymancer
>>
>>4896112
In act 2, break as many urns as possible.
>>
File: meatbag-31[1].jpg (65 KB, 419x581)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>4899469
>With a pair of exceptional uniques, you're going to do well in NM, but I don't believe otherwise
'Strength' or 'Black' in a two-handed weapon or a pair of Knouts with 'Strength', 'Honor', 'King's Grace' and you're reaping everything no-fucking-problemo. You can even run around with the cheap shitty cube recipe for Polearms. Hell, if you've been diligent with collecting gold you can just vendor something good. "Merciless" (+100%+ ED) starts at ilvl 32. Elite weapons occasionally spawn as early a Nightmare Act 1, with already high base damage, and you can Craft or Imbue them to get an item like the one in pic related, which is perfectly sufficient for comfortable clearing speed on NM. The guy who made this screenshot was deliberately playing a shitty Defiance/Sacrifice Paladin build and he comfortably cruised through Nightmare without much trouble, and this Truncheon (Elite Club) dropped before he faced Andariel. And you couldn't do it with a regular, sensible build? Come on, anon.
>And get you ass kicked already in Normal throne room.
No, you do not. You might have to separate them a bit to not take on them all at the same time, but that's common Diablo sense. It's not any more tedious than, say, playing a D1 Warrior, when D1 is supposedly this perfect game where every class is viable. (If a D1 Axe Warrior is viable, as in, can beat Hell/Hell (with slower swing speed so can't stunlock, and no shield block, then so are 4-5 Barbarian builds).
>>
>>4899525
As I said, builds with Firewall in them easily reached several thousand damage without any synergies pre-1.13, and were perfectly viable for clearing the game - they just took a bit more care to roll with.
>>
>>4899543
>for clearing the game

Oh, I thought you guys were talking about end game builds.
>>
>>4899541
We started with buying a blue weapon and now we are getting to crafting an elite weapon (no, you won't be able to find a truncheon until act 4 NM or so). We seem to agree that for a barb you'd need at least 100% ED in NM, but you are somehow sure that it is easy to get one and this automatically makes the game easy. While I'd say that getting one requires quite some patience. Either you farm for a runeword base (and maybe a unique will drop in the process) or you farm for crafting components. And even after that, NM is not a breeze, compared to how easily casters beat it.
>>
>>4899573
> (no, you won't be able to find a truncheon until act 4 NM or so)
I present facts and you present your gut feeling. This fucking truncheon was fucking documented with screenshots and a goddamn battle report, like so:
>19% to hit and 65% blocking on top of that. That means he's got less than a 7% chance to actually hit me with each blow. Yeah, that sounds about right. The Smith dropped some junk and a magic truncheon. Blah blah, exceptional club, at least it will sell for some decent money in town. Wait a minute - the CUDGEL is the exceptional club. That means that the Smith dropped the ELITE CLUB! And it's a magic item too! Wow. I hurriedly rushed back to town for an ID... only to find that the affix was worthless, +1 to barb combat skills. However, even with no additional damage mods, this was still a major upgrade over that hopelessly obsolete war hammer - and it was Very Fast attack speed [-20] to boot! I made the switch and saw a marked increase in my damage immediately.

Again, can you read? Good, now can you start reading more than two words in each sentence? When you don't commit gross inaccuracies, you spout plain falsehoods.
>We seem to agree that for a barb you'd need at least 100% ED in NM
No we do not. You need a solid weapon base (something Very Fast, or with range, or with a good damage range like most Mauls or Polearms) and a decent Prefix. Savage Polearm is a one-size-fits-all decent weapon for any upstart WW barb, and Frenziers merely need some Exceptional runeword bases or a pair of Crafted items.
>but you are somehow sure that it is easy to get one and this automatically makes the game easy
never fucking said that. Yes, a meleer faces a lot of challenge from the lopsided mlvl mechanics. Yes, many melee builds are perfectly capable of beating Hell untwinked. No, it won't be as fast as a cookie cutter spellcaster. No, NM isn't particularly hard if you understand how to efficiently upgrade gear.
>>
>>4899601
> This fucking truncheon was fucking documented with screenshots
Without video evidence, I call bullshit; the wiki suggests that the Smith is too low level, but you're welcome to believe it

> never fucking said that.
> faceroll everything
> comfortable clearing speed
Of course you did.

Anyway, I'm not sure what we're arguing about, since we re saying pretty much the same things in different words.
>>
>>4899659
>Without video evidence, I call bullshit; the wiki suggests that the Smith is too low level, but you're welcome to believe it
https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/elite-items-from-act-1-nightmare.766964/
Here. All of the science on the subject. Didn't take long to find. Smith is an unique case, making this very plausible. Happened to more than one player.
>Of course you did.
Fast clear speed and comfortable playthrough doesn't necessarily mean that the game is trivial or easy, since you still have to watch out for typical pitfalls in order to not die. Barbarians aren't speedrunners but their vaunted reputation for being outrageously slow at all levels of untwinked play is undeserved.
>>
>>4899714
Ok maybe you are right, so you're welcome to farm the Smith. Anyway, you started with facerolling NM with a weapon from Charsi, but finally we agreed that Barb is possible to play, but he needs farming and patience.
>>
>start crashing for some reason when I try to warp to frigid highlands wp
>happens every time
>run through blood foothills and see the wp isn't lit even though I'd gotten it last time and it was on my list
>relight it and now it starts working
>problem solved, right?
>some time later start getting random crashes when I approach Malah
>now the frigid wp is also bugged again and crashes
And it's on official bnet, I've literally never seen shit like this before and I don't know if I've ever seen Diablo 2 crash before in my whole life before the frigid wp somehow got bugged. Fucking hell Blizzard
>>
File: 1526513969868.gif (174 KB, 299x240)
174 KB
174 KB GIF
>>4900381
*new classic team devs update your game*
>>
>tfw burned out from D2

I literally have nothing to do but grind LK for Infinity. Bored out of my mind.
>>
>>4901476
Isn't there a mod or something you always wanted to try?
>>
>>4901476
>I literally have nothing to do but grind LK for Infinity.
Yeah, D2 doesn't have a very good end game.
Only other option seems to be doing Baal runs as long as you're not level 99 already, but that and farming the same places over and over is just repetition.
Even new gear usually doesn't really change your playstyle, unless you have enough for a highend runeword that gives you some new skill. But then you are back to farming again, anyway.
>>
>>4901479
No.

>>4901483
Baal runs would be really inefficient and tedious on all of my characters right now.
>>
>>4901502
>Baal runs would be really inefficient and tedious on all of my characters right now
Yeah that's the thing. It's just a goal that's there which you don't usually reach (partly because you don't need to) so it's something that could be done.
But it's not so fun to do unless you do it with a clan or group of friends.
>>
>>4901476
Questing and consitently getting upgrades is whats fun in this game.

Create a new char but dont transfer your gear, profit.
>>
>>4901521
>Create a new char but dont transfer your gear

No, that's fucking retarded.

>>4901512
True, but I play single player plugy. Getting the grail and all that shit.
>>
File: 2dxtse.jpg (104 KB, 500x693)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
What happend bros?
>>
File: 1530253211255.jpg (143 KB, 1080x1305)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>4901556
Like almost everything else that's been ruined in some way, the Jews of course.
>>
>>4901528
> Plugy is best D2, you can keep all the items you farm
> Oh noes farming for items is boring
You did this to yourself, and the other anon is right. Just make a rule that once you beat hell Baal, the gear is locked to the character.
>>
>>4901586
>Just make a rule that once you beat hell Baal, the gear is locked to the character.

No thanks, I'm not a subhuman retard.
>>
how reddit is path of diablo?
>>
>>4901605
>a Diablo 2 mod based on the game that thought all the worst parts of Diablo 2 were the best parts, copied those and none of the things that made it fun
The amount of reddit is irrelevant, someone who likes Path of Excrement will never produce anything worthwhile because they're copying an incredibly misguided and shitty copy.
>>
File: 1531293563897.jpg (151 KB, 703x685)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>4901593
>I'm not a subhuman retard.
>coming from the grailer
>>
>>4901613
can you give me some examples?
it seems from a glance pretty bad but i havent played it
>>
>>4901605
Can't get more reddit if it tried. It terms of the worst community ever, but more worse is the "balance" changes they made. Literal dogshit mod with a retard as an owner.

>>4901614
The best players play plugy, unlike you, a shitter that can't clear ancients at lvl 85.
>>
>Median XL
>Eastern Sun
>vanilla BNet
>Path of Diablo
>PlugY

help
>>
>>4901710
PlugY and a drop mod for some extra spice.
>>
File: Screenshot111.jpg (684 KB, 800x600)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>4901710
Play something more obscure like the touhou mod.
>>
>>4901710
It's either plugy or median. Or slashdiablo if you wanna go reddit, but have the online experience.
>>
>>4901749
how is slashdiablo actually if I just want a decent server experience with no bots and some minor QoL?
>>
>>4901753
I don't remember if these redditor retards had minor QoL, but they do allow maphack and loot filters if you like that. I'm not sure if the stash was bigger or not.
>>
>plugy
I keep reading this.
Why won't people just be content with a small stash. The developers reduced the stash size to tell the player that 'Hey, this is not a hoarding game. You don't need those. Sell it. And fight the next boss with the items that you got. It's suffice. It's more fun that way. Less management, more slaying.'
>>
>>4902554
I like my ladder only content in SP.
>>
>>4902574
don't need plugy for that
>>
>>4902554
What developers made unreasonably tedious is transferring items between characters.
>>
>>4902554
Because the game is designed to find, collect, and trade items, and since you can't trade in sp, you need a big stash to collect. Deal with it.
>>
>>4902837
According to the developers you weren't supposed to transfer items between characters. Doesn't matter if your Barb found King Leoric's Arm - you weren't really supposed to twink it over to your Necromancer. Blizzard at least went as far to claim that they do not support any muling efforts and it's on you to make mules for yourself, and your responsibility if the server shits itself on you or if someone steals your items laying on the floor in a public game.
>>
>>4903784
And you're ok with that?
>>
>>4903785
I think that the original intent of the developers was to have people playing the hand they are dealt, no matter the circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised if you were always supposed to have an option to trade items in, as even single player characters could access Open Battle.net where you could possibly find a buyer for an unique your character did not need - of course, the problem being that OBN became a hacker fiesta, same as D1.
Further Blizzard patches seem to support this design choice, as, for instance, the size of Durance of Hate has been increased threefold in one of the patches to try and put some limits to the ubiquitous MF Sorceresses. Of course, at some point they realized they can't win this war of attrition with hardcore grinders (if DoH level 2 was any bigger than it already is, non-Sorceresses would be completely bogged down in the ginormous size of the dungeon), so they added stuff like Enigma and CtA to at least diversify the pool of viable item farmers.
>>
>>4903802
>I think that the original intent of the developers was to have people playing the hand they are dealt

Well you're wrong, and your whole post falls apart because of this one mistake. Diablo 2 is a grind, collect, trade, and make as many builds as you can type of game, not just a casual do all quests and quit garbage game.
>>
>>4903812
>Well you're wrong, and your whole post falls apart because of this one mistake.
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/basics.shtml
>The transferring of items between Diablo II characters is not supported by Blizzard. Users should be warned that attempts to transfer items between characters online are risky and Blizzard is not responsible for lost items. Storage space is limited in Diablo II both for performance and storage space issues and because the designers wanted players to make decisions as to which items to keep and which items must be thrown away or sold.
Once again, facts trounce your personal "feel" for the game.
>>
>>4903820
It clearly is supported by Blizzard, considering they designed passworded games to be perma'd, hence supporting transferring items between characters. Not to mention that not everything on the arreat summit is correct, for example it says fury is uninterruptable, when in reality it is.

>your personal "feel" for the game

It's not my personal feel for the game, it's how the game has been played by 99% of the players over the years. In fact, the game being designed just to be beaten once with what you get is your own personal feel, that almost nobody else in the whole community agrees with.

Stop being mad that nobody plays the game like you do.
>>
File: 1531537822756.jpg (21 KB, 600x400)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>4903827
You're an imbecile.

Those "99% of players" are in actuality a much, much smaller percentage of total players. I would argue at least 50% of all players would have beaten the game once and then never touched it again.

For some braindead reason you're confusing hardcore players for the majority and thinking that's all that matters and thus proving yourself to be a fucking tunnel visioned retard of the highest order.

Please uninstall the game.
>>
>>4903827
>Not to mention that not everything on the arreat summit is correct
In this case, it's the official battle.net FAQ. That a dev might have made a mistake in depicting how a certain skill exactly works is different from a Blizzard statement on the closest thing to official Battle.net documentation.
>It clearly is supported by Blizzard, considering they designed passworded games to be perma'd
Yes, if you stay in a game for a couple of minutes first. The design here is there so that, you know, you can come back to a game after dropping out for any reason, such as a personal connection issue. You are forgetting that Blizzard also implemented anti-bot features where if you switch characters too fast, you get booted out of the b.net servers for 10 minutes - I know plenty of people who lost precious items when muling that way, simply due to being careless.

Note also that Blizzard does not "support" muling endeavors. If they did, muling in Single Player wouldn't force you to jump through hoops, muling in MP wouldn't carry risks outlined above, and you wouldn't have to keep refreshing level 1 characters (or playing them for 2 hours first) so that they do not expire from the ladder season.

But Blizzard doesn't find anything "illegal" in muling, because, at its core, it's your own personal choice to have 4-5 "bank" characters that don't do anything but keep your gems, runes and items. You're not hacking the game or harming anyone.
>In fact, the game being designed just to be beaten once with what you get is your own personal feel
You are now putting words in my mouth, because Diablo's end-game never necessarily meant 3-dotting and then parking the character. You were always free to take your character on Hell runs of zones, partying up with other players, or doing PvP. The ladder system exists to reward those players who want to distinguish themselves with their dedication by playing to the highest level.
>>
>>4903827
>>4903848
Point is, you always had things to do with your endgame character. You could shelf it and forget it, because beating Hell is a great achievement. You could join a clan and do whatever shit you wanted with them. You could grind to level 99.
1.10, the same patch that nerfed Mephisto runs by increasing the size of DoH2 in Hell, introduced World Events so there was still an incentive to keep playing. Nowhere have I said that any Diablo game was designed to beat it once and stop playing (Though admittedly Diablo 1 Single Player was designed to do this, since it didn't have the Normal/Nightmare/Hell mode distinction and the game, de facto, ended after beating The Dark Lord), although I am very certain that many players chose to do so.
>b-b-but you can't possibly beat the World Event without muling and grinding!
A bunch of Germans managed to beat Uber Tristram with 8 naked characters in a specific team composition, on Hardcore mode. It's all on Youtube, search for "naked uber tristram". On Softcore, a bunch of variant players who deliberately played a gimped 8-man Druid team managed to grind out Uber Diablo through persistence and judicious use of PMH javelins. This supports my statements earlier in the thread - you make your own end-game, and you either beat Hell through persistence (in finding items and sometimes just coming to accept low kill speed) or making a better build.

Here are the 8 Druids: http://www.sullla.com/D2/uberdiablo.html

So yeah, you can mule and twink characters to your heart's content. It's commonly accepted. Many people make the distinction of playing untwinked, and that's also fine. Many people are still debating (on diabloii.net and d2jsp) if PlugY is legit or a hack. You're free to play however you want - but you are the only one who seems angry that people don't play your preferred way, which is, evidently, to set up Nightmare Lower Kurast bots.
>>
>>4903784
I'm quite sure they're not being honest, given the low drop rates and the amount of trading happening on bnet.
>>
>>4903867
Why would Blizzard ever have a problem with trading if Diablo 2 had a trading window from the start?
>low drop rates
And yet they're still sufficient enough for untwinked single-pass to be a viable playstyle for every class in the game.
>>
>>4903871
You can do untwinked single passes, but you're going to:
- Miss most of the higher-tier runewords.
- Have to farm hard for item-reliant builds.
- Waste good drops when they happen on wrong characters.

Perhaps this was seen as acceptable at the beginning, when they were designing D1 as a turn-based roguelike. But in D2, when you can trade on bnet with other people, the reasons to gut self-trading, I imagine, are:
- attracting people to bnet from singleplayer
- making people buy multiple keys to more comfortably self-trade on bnet.
>>
>>4903902
>single passes
>farm hard
You mean shopping from vendors or something?
>>
>>4903902
>Miss most of the higher-tier runewords.
Not if you keep playing after you kill Hell Baal. Didn't we agree already that the game's endgoal is not to shelve it after beating Hell? Yes, you can do that, but you don't have to. Untwinked single pass merely means that you don't do any backtracking until you've completed Hell. After that, you can do whatever the fuck you want with the character.
>Have to farm hard for item-reliant builds.
Or you can just not play item-reliant builds. Even physical damage characters can make it through with just a decent rare drop or a vendored Cruel weapon in Hell, as well as inherent class utility. It might be slower, but by no means not "viable" to beat the game.
>Waste good drops when they happen on wrong characters.
You can trade these drops if you're using b.net at all. If you are not, well - happens. How many singleplayer HC characters did you lose that carried some really good Hell-tier item that wasn't fit for their class, or a bunch of runes? That's always a risk. That said, Blizzard *does NOT* explicitly forbid muling - they just don't *overtly support* it.
>Perhaps this was seen as acceptable at the beginning, when they were designing D1 as a turn-based roguelike. But in D2, when you can trade on bnet with other people, the reasons to gut self-trading,
But Diablo 1 also had a trading economy. Granted, it very quickly became overtaken with hack items and you had no trading interface, but communities still existed back then (in form of clans and guilds) and you could do whatever the fuck you wanted with your items in the context of an online community, including passing them to freshy characters on public servers or even, yes, muling them - it just took even more risks to do so. Yet you don't seem to criticize Diablo 1 for this.
>>
>>4903836
And we're talking about people that actually play the game, and not random casuals that hopped on the bandwagon when it was popular. I'd tell you to uninstall the game, but you clearly don't even play it.

>>4903848
>>4903862
tl;dr
>>
File: 1530221003295.jpg (35 KB, 379x281)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>4904008
The most pathetic admission of defeat I've ever seen.
>>
>>4904017
How ironic.
>>
File: 1509393416865.jpg (162 KB, 1182x966)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>4904008
Get a load of this faggot. Games aren't made to cater to 1% of players.

Why must you fight with literally every single post here? You've already lost.
>>
>>4903848
>Yes, if you stay in a game for a couple of minutes first.

See, this is why I didn't bother reading your moronic posts. Not only was it never a couple of minutes, it was five, but they recently made games perm instantly.

You don't play the game, you never played the game seriously, you have no idea what you're talking about, you level to 75 before trying to kill Mephisto, and you can't kill the ancients at lvl 85.

Why you post in a thread about a game you don't play is beyond me. Stop getting mad that other people play plugy or bnet, and nobody plays unmodded single player like a retard. Nobody cares.
>>
>>4904023
>Games aren't made to cater to 1% of players.

Yes, exactly, they aren't made to cater to the 1% that play unmodded single player. Diablo 2 is made to cater to the 99%, that play bnet, or single player plugy. I seriously hope you're baiting, and not actually this damn stupid. That would be an achievement on it's own.
>>
File: wn6.gif (798 KB, 160x270)
798 KB
798 KB GIF
>>4904031
>99%, that play bnet, or single player plugy.
>single player plugy.
>>
File: wut.png (181 KB, 231x342)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
>>4904027
>Not only was it never a couple of minutes, it was five
>>
>>4904035
Yes, and you posting your super epic laughing named reaction images you collected after your 2 weeks or /b/ lurking won't change that fact. No matter how hard you scream it.

>>4904036
http://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=diablo+2+perm+games

Yes, illiterate retard. Five.
>>
File: 1510466670322s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>4904040
just imagine it
>>
File: 15812581.jpg (113 KB, 1121x933)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>bitches bitching
>about an 18 year old video game
>>
>>4904043
Imagine you being a shitter noob that runs LK nightmare? I cry every time.
>>
File: 1490730267591.jpg (214 KB, 345x336)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>4904047
You have no idea who I am, do you? makes it even funnier
>>
>>4904027
>they recently made games perm instantly
Yes. "Recently". How does this have anything to do with original design remarks from 15 years ago that state Blizzard never supported muling? If Blizzard decided to switch gears fully to condone muling, they might have very well increased the stash size and given people means to do so in the game. They did not. You are hinging on a mechanic that they added in because waiting for 5 minutes to perm a game only punished legit players and didn't do anything to botters, so they scrapped it.
>You don't play the game, you never played the game seriously
Three-dotted an untwinked Bowazon to Hell Baal last season, which is a far cry from your usual botting at NM LK, dweeb. I don't play nearly as much as I used to considering my left arm is semi-paralyzed and I use D2 as a rehabilitation tool, but you won't get anywhere with ad personam remarks.

>>4904040
I think that the poster means that "a couple of minutes" generally means "more than one minute". Where is your arbitrary cutoff point for where "a couple" starts? Do you not realize how retarded you sound?
>>
File: 1486007230596.jpg (7 KB, 250x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>4904040
wew imagine getting mad over people using images on an image board
>>
>>4904049
Gee, retard, could we be on an anonymous imageboard? Mind blowing.

>>4904050
People collected, muled, and traded 15 years ago, people do it now. Didn't ask about your faggot left arm, go blog somewhere else.

Also a couple means two, 5>2 in case you didn't know.

>>4904056
>lose argument
>nothing to say
>u-umad xD

Classic.
>>
>>4904057
>People collected, muled, and traded 15 years ago, people do it now.
Which is something I actually said, you are the one who implies that I'm mad about people playing b.net or PlugY. I even said that, while it is still a subject for debate if PlugY is legit or not, people still generally use it enough to consider valid, especially in certain contexts.
>Didn't ask about your faggot left arm, go blog somewhere else.
Nobody asked your personal opinions on who is worthy of being called a D2 player, yet here we are, derailing the entire thread just to satisfy your autism.
>Also a couple means two
>couple, noun:
>two or a few things that are similar or the same, or two or a few people who are in some way connected
>two or a few
Try again, faggot.
>5>2
so according to your statement, people having to wait 5 minutes instead of 2 in the past (something I never said, BTW) actually somehow defeats my point. what?
>lose argument
>implying anyone lost it other than you
>>
>>4904065
>Which is something I actually said

Then why are you arguing with me if you agree?

>Nobody asked your personal opinions on who is worthy of being called a D2 player

Good thing I didn't give you my personal opinion, I stated a well known fact. If you actually played the game, you'd know too.

>Try again, faggot.

Try what? 5 isn't few either, not even close.

>something I never said, BTW

Then don't butt your fat head into other people's arguments, retard.

>>implying anyone lost it other than you

You have literally no counter arguments, and your basis is you getting to hell ball. Great achievement lmao.
>>
File: 1507350466503.jpg (102 KB, 916x690)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>4904057
You're talking to like 3 separate people at once, get some fucking reading comprehension you illiterate fuck.
>>
>>4904075
Yes, and I'm quoting each and every one separately, retarded mongoloid. If you have nothing to say, know your place, and don't shitpost.
>>
>>4904073
>Then why are you arguing with me if you agree?
Idk, because you're calling me butthurt about b.net players or PlugY even though I never wrote anything to that effect?
>You have literally no counter arguments
You tagged two of my posts and said "tl;dr", so no wonder nobody wants to engage you anymore if any argument that takes longer to complete than a NM LK run is beyond your comprehension.
Also, nice reddit spacing.
>>
>>4904083
If you called you butthurt about bnet players or plugy, then you shoved your fat jew nose into my conversation with someone else. Your own fault.

>You tagged two of my posts and said "tl;dr"

For the exact reason that you post moronic opinions, and ignore every counter argument I give you, and I even responded to your retarded post with >>4904027, which shows you exactly why I put a "tl;dr" on that wall of retarded text you wrote.

>muh reddit spacing

Typical loser, has zero arguments, and needs to resort to buzzwords used by newfaggots to make himself feel superior. Not surprised at all.

>>4904087
>gets asked not to shitposts
>continues to shitpost

Too easy.
>>
>>4904091
>If you called you butthurt about bnet players or plugy, then you shoved your fat jew nose into my conversation with someone else. Your own fault.
Hey, paisano: I wrote all of these
>>4903802
>>4903820
>>4903848
>>4903862
>>4903913
You've been arguing with me this whole time. After every single one of your arguments was parried away, you resorted to shitting yourself. Congratulations, you played yourself.
>Typical loser, has zero arguments, and needs to resort to buzzwords used by newfaggots to make himself feel superior. Not surprised at all.
See above. It's also very hypocritical of you, given that at the moment your argument started falling apart in the face of facts and official Blizzard statements, you started resorting to calling everyone else casuals.
>>
>>4904091

That's not reddit spacing. What the fuck are you on about?

Reddit spacing is where you leave a line after the reply number, like this. How fucking new are you?
>>
>>4904106
>Reddit spacing
>Using two newlines to separate paragraphs, instead of only one.
Blown the fuck out by a fucking dictionary twice in the same discussion. You can't argue semantics, you can only gargle semen tics.
>>
>>4904103
>posts several of his shitposts that I've debunked already
>somehow things this is a good thing for him

What's your mental disability? You better have one so I can feel bad for bullying you. You don't even have an argument, you're just a terrible shitter that hasn't achieved anything in the game trying to make himself feel better by lying through his whore teeth that the vast majority of the playerbase doesn't play the game to collect items.

Be happy with your Baal clear I guess.

>>4904106
You replied to the wrong person, good job.
>>
>>4904107
>newfaggot so lost and desperate to win at something he can't even figure out who he's arguing with

Reading your posts truly hurts. I feel quite sad that I share a species with someone as stupid as you.
>>
File: 098.png (225 KB, 511x296)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>4904107
Jesus christ.
>>
>>4904113
>posts several of his shitposts that I've debunked already
But you haven't. How is it like, moving the goalposts, by the way? You are first saying that I'm butting my head into your discussion with someone else, and when I say it's actually the opposite, you then make the bold claim that you debunked every single one of my arguments. Which you didn't at all.
>you're just a terrible shitter that hasn't achieved anything in the game
I somehow bet you're that guy who claimed the other day that this game is unplayable without end-game tier items and that all characters only have one good build at most.
>>
>>4904121
>But you haven't.

You literally don't even know the meaning of the word couple, and didn't even know games used to take 5 minutes to perm, and that they perm instantly now. You also got confused and quoted things in your posts that someone else said, thinking it was me, for whatever reason. Some of those posts aren't even replies to me.

You are literally lost. You unironically have no idea where you are right now, what your argument is, who you're talking to, and what they said. It's hilarious.
>>
>it's a "plugyfag ruins everything again" thread
>>
>>4904140
More like someone got triggered again that other people use plugy, and went on a shitposting triade for the nth time in a row.
>>
>>4904146
There's nothing wrong with plugy. There's everything wrong with you being an absolute shitcunt.
>>
>>4904128
>You literally don't even know the meaning of the word couple
I posted Cambridge and Merriam-Webster definitions that support my definition. Even then, it's still arguing semantics, you tard.
>and didn't even know games used to take 5 minutes to perm, and that they perm instantly now
Considering that my argument hinged around the fact that games used to take time to perm *precisely* to dissuade mass-creation of games by bots and to reduce server load, I don't think it's relevant if I posted whether it was five minutes or not. All I said was to the effect of "you have to wait a while for a game to perm". I have a feeling you have nothing left in your argument if you stop arguing semantics.
>You also got confused and quoted things in your posts that someone else said, thinking it was me, for whatever reason
I was answering to multiple arguments at the same time. Why on Earth would I not do that, you twerp? It's a public forum and anything you posted can be replied to. There is no fucking notion of "we're having a 1v1 discussion here, get the fuck out of our argument reee" on, as you pointed out, an *anonymous* forum.
>You are literally lost. You unironically have no idea where you are right now, what your argument is, who you're talking to, and what they said. It's hilarious.
Your award-winning argument is "I have subjective definitions of words and terms and will ignore evidence to the contrary". You are reaaaaally not convincing anyone.
>>
>>4904148
Here is the post that started this >>4902554

It wasn't mine.
>>
>>4904149
>Considering that my argument hinged around the fact that games used to take time to perm

This wasn't your argument at all. You're trying to argue that people didn't mule, when this perm system supported exactly that.

>I was answering to multiple arguments at the same time

Then reply to them, and not me, and don't imply it was things I said. You wouldn't do that so you don't end up shitting up the whole thread, because you're illiterate and unable to navigate an imageboard.

>Your award-winning argument is

No, it's the fact that the vast majority of players play either bnet or plugy, and that your English so so garbage, to the point where you don't know the difference between couple and several. Trying to pretend you know anything about the game, when you don't even know basic features of online bnet.

Stick to your single player autism, nobody cares. Stop shitting up the thread just because people don't play in your autistic way.
>>
>>4904161
>You're trying to argue that people didn't mule
Where? I never said that. I even went as far as saying that people muled even back in Diablo 1.
>Then reply to them, and not me, and don't imply it was things I said
You literally thought just now that I was butting into your conversation with myself. Move those goalposts harder.
>No, it's the fact that the vast majority of players play either bnet or plugy, and that your English so so garbage, to the point where you don't know the difference between couple and several
Gargle on those semen tics some more.
>you don't even know basic features of online bnet.
Did you activate your Perfect Gem in chat already, anon?
>Stick to your single player autism, nobody cares
I never said I play single player.
Have you considered to start engaging me on things I actually said? It's the 6th time I have to correct your assumptions.
>>
wow
>>
are there still ladder seasons for original Diablo 2?
>>
>>4904167
>Where? I never said that

You replied to a post of mine which replied to another post which was arguing this. Don't reply to me next time.

>Move those goalposts harder.

Move what goalposts? You literally replied to me quoting several of your posts to show your amazing arguments, and not only were not all of them replies to me, the ones that were even had quotes by other people with things I never said. Again, don't reply to me if you can't navigate this website properly.

>Gargle on those semen tics some more.

You got caught shitposting, your insults and damage control wont change that fact. Stay mad.

>I never said I play single player.

Then don't reply to me, the whole argument started with this post >>4902554

You don't know how to use this website, replied to the wrong person, and got tangled up in a shitposting fest. Retard.
>>
>>4904182
Yes
>>
File: wewlad.jpg (353 KB, 1365x2048)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>4904184
sick I think i'll play non-LoD next season, i'm hoping rare items are much more valuable than they are in the expansion
>>
>>4904183
>You literally replied to me quoting several of your posts to show your amazing arguments
Which you absolutely never, ever addressed.
I'm done with you, you're impossible.
>>
File: DaWQDVmU8AAJSJO.jpg (141 KB, 1022x767)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>4904195
>Which you absolutely never, ever addressed.

I literally said "you misquoted, these are things I didn't say". 4chan should have an English language certificate requirement or some shit. All of your autistic shitposting could have been avoided, if you simply knew how to read. God damn.

>>4904189
If you're gonna post cosplay, at least make it Diablo related. Look at this kid, literally the best D2 cosplay ever made.
>>
File: comfort.jpg (141 KB, 928x523)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>4904189
They're on the same servers and clock; the classic and LoD games are separate but equal. The classic games even get the dclone event notifications— but nothing happens.

There is an economy in classic rares on jsp.
>>
File: riker.gif (1.95 MB, 250x250)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>4904203
lets just pretend she's a barb
>>
File: comfy1.gif (275 KB, 540x810)
275 KB
275 KB GIF
>>4904210
no runewords sounds pretty comfy
>>
>>4903913
> Not if you keep playing after you kill Hell Baal.
> Untwinked single pass merely means that you don't do any backtracking until you've completed Hell. After that, you can do whatever the fuck you want with the character.
When playing single-player self-found there's nothing to do after killing Baal. One possible reason to play the character after Baal is to farm for items for other characters, and for that you need self-trading. You can do it in single player by multiboxing (I just keep D2 and a mule character on my old laptop), but it would be really nice if devs made this less annoying.

> Or you can just not play item-reliant builds.
And miss out the content. That's what I'm trying to say. The devs may have intentionally castrated single player to encourage going on bnet.

> make it through with just a decent rare drop or a vendored Cruel weapon in Hell
Oh we've been through this already in this thread. Some dude started saying that you can adjust Barbarian to NM by vendoring a weapon, but actually he meant crafting a perfect 80 ED elite weapon farmed from the Smith.

> That said, Blizzard *does NOT* explicitly forbid muling - they just don't *overtly support* it.
They just made it as annoying as possible so that people would go on bnet and buy botted/duped items instead of comfortably playing alone (recall that people were not ready for the online-only bullshit). The more the demand, the more botters they have and the more keys the botters buy.
>>
>>4904224
Thia entire post could be deleted just by saying "plugy".
>>
>>4904229
Plugy also means infinite stash, retarded ladder runewords, no lan play, and fiddling with old patches.
>>
>>4904224
>When playing single-player self-found there's nothing to do after killing Baal
You can do whatever the fuck you want with the character including farming to level 99 or just getting items for your own personal amusement. I've already covered all of the possibilities in that same post, you just decided to cut everything else from context.
>And miss out the content. That's what I'm trying to say.
How? How do you miss out on the content solely by creating a character that is more reliant on base scaling than items they find?
>Oh we've been through this already in this thread. Some dude started saying that you can adjust Barbarian to NM by vendoring a weapon, but actually he meant crafting a perfect 80 ED elite weapon farmed from the Smith.
That was me, too. And no, retard, you don't need to do that - you took one example of me posting a legit Elite weapon that dropped for a Nightmare melee character (which I mentioned among 3-4 different options, my favourite of which is vendoring/gambling Great Mauls and Bec de Corbins), and you decided to reduce the entire argument to this one fringe statement. God, you are fucking stupid.
>>
>>4904248
>infinite stash

Perfect, you get to collect a lot of items and experience various different builds for all of your classes.

>ladder runewords

You get to play more to farm runes and have more builds. Nice!

>no lan play

Wrong. You can play lan with plugy.

>fiddling with old patches

You don't have to fiddle with anything. Installation takes 5 minutes.
>>
File: Screenshot018.jpg (355 KB, 800x600)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>183 posts
>28 posters

Can I just get the quick run-down on why it's personally offensive to some people if other people don't use plugy?
>>
>>4904410
Nobody, nothing happened. Back to D2 now.
>>
Stamina system sucks balls.
>>
>>4904603
You can play single player and mod it to increase the levels so it never bothers you. That's what I did, shit's cash.
>>
>>4904603
I agree. It's only relevant in Act 1 and, due to Vita stacking, becomes completely irrelevant later. I never once died from running out of Stamina in a crucial moment. It's just a minor inconvenience for starting characters.
>>
>>4904252
> That was me, too
Then I don't want to argue again with that much of an obtuse person.
>>
>>4904607
Yeah, that's what I usually do as well but I didn't bother this time and it was absolutely cancerous on my necromancer.
I also used to get my tome and especially key quantities up to 512 or what it was.

>>4904608
There are many little things that I don't like. Keys are another thing, what's the use for fucking locks on chests when you can just buy them?
Just takes up another square in your inventory. And then you run out of your 12 keys and can't open that chest so your autism kicks in,
causing you to teleport into town to buy some because you want to get that shitty locked up loot.
>>
File: 1326419244447.jpg (56 KB, 470x515)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>4904642
What was? A faggot?
>>
>>4904643
>There are many little things that I don't like. Keys are another thing, what's the use for fucking locks on chests when you can just buy them?
Interestingly enough, Assassins don't need keys to open chests, somewhat akin to how Rogues in Diablo could detect and disarm trapped chests.
>>
>>4904643
511, yeah, I did that too. No reason not to. Fuck having gayass 12 keys or 20 scrolls. Also removed gems from rune recipes and rejuv recipes. Fuck gems. Made crossbows, bows, and javelons not consume ammo too. Fuck bolts and fuck arrows.
>>
>>4904402
Though I'm not one of those to take offense, playing single player and not using plugy is basically voluntarily going through extra bullshit and settling for less when you could have so much more.
Not that I'm losing any sleep over some people specifically wanting (or even preferring?) to play SP in its original form, though I do find it odd, possibly fetishistic, in nature.
>>
>>4904647
>Assassins don't need keys to open chests
>tfw played this game for a million years
>tfw still learn things daily

That's mind blowing that I never knew or noticed that.
>>
>>4904658
Hey anon, are you prepared to have your mind truly and utterly blown?
.
.
.
There IS a cow level.
>>
>>4904664
Nice joke. Next you're gonna say you can imbue wirt's leg. Not falling for that one again.
>>
>>4904671
I'm disappointed you still don't have a HoZ. It's been like 6 months already.
>>
>>4904647
I remember that from back then, never really played an Assassin though.

>>4904648
>Also removed gems from rune recipes and rejuv recipes. Fuck gems.
The dev of the mod I'm running did that to some degree, best decision ever.

>Made crossbows, bows, and javelons not consume ammo too. Fuck bolts and fuck arrows.
Never thought of that but then again I never played Amazons either. I remember getting a friend into D2, he picked a bowazon and was confused as fuck about having to equip arrows.
>>
>>4904676
I got it a bit over a week back, actually. Just to hit me when I'm down it was eth.
>>
>>4904681
No way. Proof?
>>
>>4904672
No, I'm gonna say that clicking one of the chickens in the Rogue Encampment impacts what runes the Countess and Hell Forge drop. Click the right chickens the exact right number of times and both will always drop optimally for the difficulty level you're playing.

...and here's for a Bonus Fact (don't forget to like and hit that subscribe button!): clicking the spit-roasted bunny in Harrogath just the right number of times will make Anya appear naked while trapped in Frozen River.
>>
>>4904678
What mod is that? Also you probably never thought about it, because it's really hard and tedious to do, and nobody ever talks about it. The nerds at the phrozen keep also have this autistic oldschool 4chan mentality of super secrecy and no spoondfeeding, and the mod technique itself is a literal meme.
>>
>>4904714
Well you can just put a Zod in it if you wanna use it. Do you count eth items towards your grail? Because ironically my arreat's, demonhorn's, and halaberd's rolled eth, I don't count them.
>>
>>4904695
"Enjoy-SP Mod", a dropmod. Here are the cube recipe changes:
>Removed Hel-Rune from the de-socked recipe. New recipe: 1 Town Scroll + Socketed Item (destroys gems).
>Removed the gems from the rune upgrade recipes.
>Up until Pul: 3 of the same runes = next rune
>After Pul: 2 of a kind + jewel = next rune
>1 Town Scroll + 1 Scroll of Identify = Token of Absolution
>1 Perfect Gem + 1 Unique Item = 1 socket for that unique item
>1 Perfect Skull + 1 Set Item = 1 socket for that set item
>Socketing normal and superior items:
>1 socket: 1 perf gem + norm or sup item
>3 socket: 3 perf gem + norm or sup item
>4 socket: 4 perf gem + norm or sup item
>5 sockets: perf skull + unique ring + norm or sup item
>6 sockets: 2 perf skull + unique ring + norm or sup item

>it's really hard and tedious to do
I have no clue about it but always thought D2 modding is pretty simple, based on all the shit you can do with the Hero Editor and the crazy mods I hear about.

>and the mod technique itself is a literal meme
How so?

Nice insight though, appreciated.
>>
>>4904719
Yeah they count. I'll just not use em.

Why did my post get deleted?
>>
>>4904720
It's simple when changing basic numbers like stamina, or key stack numbers, after that it gets really fucked up and difficult, and some things are also impossible.

Are you ready for the arrow quantity thing? Are you really ready for it? You have to rewrite how javelins, bows, and crossbows work in general, then code a new game rule, then go at every single unique javelin/bow/crossbow and change specific things about the items. And all of this to make them throwable Shit was cancer to do and cancer to figure out. Although it's very easy to make just amazon abilities not use ammo, which is quite easy.
>>
>>4904730
>Shit was cancer to do and cancer to figure out
Certainly sounds like cancer.

>And all of this to make them throwable
That just made me remember that Thor themed barb I once wanted to make, with throwable 2H mauls. Could never figure out how to, no wonder if it's not easily done with the editor.
Loved the HEX editing though, that editor in general is lots of fun.
>>
File: 1405484951183.png (26 KB, 256x256)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>4904031
>Diablo 2 is made to cater to the 99%, that play bnet
I can agree that as Diablo II development continued with LoD and future patches, most content was added around multiplayer and battle.net gameplay, though I have to say that throughout the original development cycle and until LoD, Diablo II was focused more towards singleplayer at the time.

>or single player plugy.
Now this statement is just you going full retard, how in the fuck can you even suggest that the Diablo II developers made their game around a fan mod that came out far after the game itself? If it was truly their intention that the game played like that, don't you think they would've patched in the changes themselves?
>>
>>4904785
I didn't, I meant to say that 99% play either bnet or plugy. Also David Brevik himself has said that he regrets a lot of the things they designed, and would change them if he could go back. Bottom line is that Diablo 2 is about grinding, collecting, and trading, and that's how people play it. Playing SP without plugy is a retard's move, or just a casual that wants to beat the game once and be done with it.
>>
Dropped an soj earlier. Feelsgoodman.
>>
File: 1802.47.jpg (277 KB, 800x600)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>4896112

The hell-portals leading off Arreat Plateau and Frozen Tundra send you to the chillest zones in the game
>>
>>4904820
definitely the places I've been to the least in the entire game
>>
>>4904815
Sell it to spawn dclone.
>>
File: 1520987020075.gif (1.91 MB, 300x228)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB GIF
>>4904820
thats not chill that looks warm as heck

arreat summit is the chillest zone
>>
>>4904828
But they are about the multiplayer. Getting 8 man groups so you aren't forced to start with a sorc, and then trading. It's not like it can be an mmo with dungeons and shit though.
>>
>>4904786
Sounds like a complete clusterfuck. I guess there's some of that magic coded into every video game.
>>
File: 1802.48.jpg (238 KB, 800x600)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>4904832
Very chill place. brrrr!

>>4904821
>>4904869
Places I've never visited, ever:

> Whatever the deactivated Den of Evil is called (The Cave?)
> The entire right-hand sides of the Harem and Cellar levels
>>
>>4904869
> which side dungeon gets the least visits
I'd guess the mausoleum and the swampy pit for them being completely out of the way.
>>
>>4904920
What are the best SP mods that aren't crazy shit like MedianXL?
>>
>>4904945
The far side of blood ravens cemetery. I can only make assumptions to what it might look like. The other spider cave in A3.
>>
>>4904960
Mausoleum is actually a somewhat popular grinding spot.
>>
>>4904960
>mausoleum

Nah, gets good mileage thanks to alvl 85 and easy enemies.
>>
>>4904961
Literally just plugy. Everything else you want you just mod in yourself.
>>
>>4904965
What do you grind there?
>>
>>4904974
Easy as heck mobs that still have a chance to drop rare uniques.
>>
The opposite area to mausoleum, the Crypt, gets way less traffic.

And Faggot Lair 3 contains a quest objective so it will be visited at least every rush and every legit playthrough
>>
>>4904974
Level 85 areas are all about the possibility of dropping almost every item in the game and dense monster packs featuring lots of uniques and champions. It's good for characters who take a long time killing big bosses but are very efficient monster killers, such as Bowazons or Necromancers (due to Corpse Explosion). They're also popular for cookie-cutter MF sorcies, for instance Ancient Tunnels has relatively few Cold-immune mobs and can be ran by a standard Blizzard sorc.
Overall, if you're gunning for a very specific list of mid-tier uniques to outfit your first characters, you're better off spamming Mephisto (especially if you're a Sorceress, because teleport), but if you want to diversify it a bit and get a chance of getting something really, really good, a85 is really nice.
>>
>>4904991
Yeah but there's no reason to go to the crypt ever. in the first place. Mausoleum and faggotbitchlair 3 are high level areas.
>>
>it's a great marsh episode
>>
>>4904993
>dense monster packs featuring lots of uniques and champions

Except the mausoleum.
>>
>>4904969
>>4904982
>>4904993
Cool. I knew of the ancient tunnels, but not of the mausoleum.
>>
>>4904821
I've started clearing out a lot of those places on singleplayer runs, the chest at the end isn't bad and there's usually plenty of unique mobs around.
>>
>>4905006
>the chest at the end
>tfw used to think the chest in the pits was a superchest
>got a metalgrid once, which is the rarest amulet
>turns out it's actually not a superchest

Easiest metalgrid of my entire life.
>>
File: 1490188068011.gif (1.78 MB, 350x255)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>4904945
thats better
>>
>>4905006
Yeah, but the surrounding areas are pure cancer, I usually feel like running through them asap.
>>
So does the player count just increase the number of items dropped?
>>
>>4896112
threadly reminder of highest level areas (83-85). This is why the mausoleum is just as good a source of itam as the CS for instance

85 Pit Level 1
85 Pit Level 2
85 Mausoleum
85 Maggot Lair Level 3
85 Ancient Tunnels
85 Sewers Level 2 (Kurast)
85 Forgotten Temple
85 Ruined Fane
85 Disused Reliquary
85 River of Flame
85 Chaos Sanctuary
85 The Worldstone Keep Level 1
85 The Worldstone Keep Level 2
85 The Worldstone Keep Level 3
85 Throne of Destruction
85 The Worldstone Chamber

84 Maggot Lair Level 1
84 Maggot Lair Level 2
84 Sewers Level 1 (Kurast)
84 Ruined Temple
84 Disused Fane
84 Forgotten Reliquary
84 City of the Damned
84 Drifter Cavern
84 Halls of Pain
84 Halls of Vaught

83 Underground Passage Level 2
83 Crypt
83 Claw Viper Temple Level 2
83 Flayer Dungeon Level 3
83 Durance of Hate Level 1
83 Durance of Hate Level 2
83 Durance of Hate Level 3
83 Plains of Despair
83 Frozen River
83 Glacial Trail
83 Icy Cellar
83 Nihlathaks Temple
83 Halls of Anguish
83 Infernal Pit
>>
>>4905017
And experience gained and mob strength.
>>
>>4905002
Yeah, but as >>4905000 points out, Mausoleum kinda sucks.
Check this list out:
>>4905018
You're better off running The Pit, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary and Worldstone Keep.
Although, to be perfectly honest, I advocate just running around on whichever area you feel like because it's no use getting burnt out on running the same place over and over. If you're starting to get bored, switch it up, even if the place isn't the highest level tier.
>>
>>4905017
Yes. Has no effect on the item quality.
>>
>>4905017
3, 5, and 7 decrease the chance of no drop. That's a funny way of saying yes.
>>
>>4905021
But he's a shitter and can't run those areas yet, he should do Mephisto or tunnels. River also isn't worth farming specifically.
>>
>>4905017
You should run Countess on /p1 because on /p8 she drops more items, which generally means fewer runes.
>>
>>4905029
>River also isn't worth farming specifically.
Yeah the big thing people don't realize about running the river of flame is that it includes both the maze area before the chaos sanc AND the entire area before that. Just not worth the effort.

Better use of your time to tp through it, clear chaos and reset.
>>
>>4905017
Keep in mind also that playercount doesn't increase item drops from superunique monsters like pindle or shenk for example. You run them on p1, p3 for bosses usually, or 5/7 if you're really fast in killing them, and p7 for normal monsters and LK. If you're farming keys the higher player count the more keys, but if you're running countes on p1, you get more runes.
>>
File: lel.png (364 KB, 1400x940)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
Top jej

Forgive me, jannies/mods I apologize.
>>
>>4906125
I got one too. You're truly my brother.
>>
File: flash.png (80 KB, 205x240)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>4906125
>>
>>4901620
The skill you like will never be good enough for the latest league
The character you like will never be good enough for the latest league
You have 120 skill points but you will spend most of them in HP increase
You can get all +melee damage nodes, and the strongest weapon but you will do more damage if you just use Flameblast
Others will always remind you that they have more disposable income than you
It does not matter what do you do, things will always turn into worse because it is GRIM DORK
Why do you want to play a depressing game?
>>
>>4906580
Literally what are you talking about, moron? The kid asked about examples on why PoD is bad.
>>
You're tasked with coming up with a SIXTH act in the brand new expansion to Diablo 2.

Who is big bad evil guy? Where does the act take place? Story?

Do you introduce any new runes, new types of gems, new mechanics, spells, increased level cap
>>
File: 1509086173739.png (177 KB, 484x377)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>4906701
Gonna pretend that D3 doesn't exist in canon.

>Who is big bad evil guy?
The other two evils that weren't in D2. Azmodan and Belial.

> Where does the act take place?
Back to Hell, more specifically the Realm of Sin and Realm of Lies, where the two aformentioned Evils call home.

>story
Fairly simple, pre-emptive attack to kill them before they try any bullshit in the wake of the end of LoD.

Hometown would be a camp that a bastion of angels have set up in their fight with that region of Hell.

>Do you introduce any new runes
They're already enough and enough of a problem balance wise that I think having even more would cause too many issues. I would however re-tune a few of them and some associated runewords e.g. make Faith not retardedly outclass every other bow and bow-word in the game. I would also remove the +1 TP that Enigma has, for example. I'll expand on that in a bit.

> new types of gems
No new ones, but I would make a further tier or maybe two. Get gems actually being competitive with runes for your socket slots.

>new mechanics
Not new, but remove stamina and the ability to put points into energy. Increase the amount of and regen of every classes mana pool by level instead. Energy is stupid and almost no one ever puts points into it. Maybe you could make points in energy increase spell/summon damage as an alternative to that? I dunno.

I would also make a third unique charm that gives +1 to TP. Enigma is fucking stupid and doing this is an easy way to nerf that runeword without taking away the reason people use it from the player. More gear choices swapped for 1 charm slot. ez.

>spells
A lot of them need re-balancing. CE is far too powerful, as is static and charged strike. They all need nerfs. Other skills need massive buffs e.g. the necro poison skills and amazons bow skills need to like triple in damage. Barbs need some sort of reliable early game aoe damage. It's where he suffers the most. I don't really know where to do that.

1/2
>>
>>4906790
>>Who is big bad evil guy?
>The other two evils that weren't in D2. Azmodan and Belial.
>> Where does the act take place?
>Back to Hell, more specifically the Realm of Sin and Realm of Lies, where the two aformentioned Evils call home.
>Hometown would be a camp that a bastion of angels have set up in their fight with that region of Hell.
You're going for the logical choices here, but one would have to be really careful to not make the setting too similar to what Act IV already offers.
As for new content, I am not sure what would be a good idea to achieve this, but I think something to do in the end-game besides Baal runs (or the new highest region or whatever) and running LK for infinity would be nice.
Greater Rifts in Diablo 3 kind of go in the right direction, but not quite (for example, fishing for good rifts is a problem IMO)
>>
>>4906701
The new big bad evil will be a corrupted Qual-Kehk with his army of corrupted undead barbarians, which also introduces the new class, unholy crusader, which is one because of the Zakarum guild of paladins went to help the barbarians, and as a result ended up halfway rescuing a group of corrupted ones. There will be new runes, new runewords, new uniques, an increased level cap, and a new row in the talent trees.

Not too original, but I tried.
>>
>>4906790
2/2

Perhaps give bash a small range aoe shockwave or make it damage enemies you bash into other enemies. Druid summons need to be hugely buffed and give the ability to have all of them at once. Give the pally a buff to vengeance, people might use it then. He's mostly okay though hammers might need a slight damage reduction that can go to the base damage of other skills like vengeance. Remove the cooldown on fist of heavens too.

> increased level cap
Not necessary.

There are a lot of items that would need to be changed, both runewords and uniques/sets. Like the class sets are almost all quite shit. They need significant buffs, some of those 3 piece sets like Sazabis and the like can also get buffs, perhaps some more unique things like giving off class skills.
>>
>>4906790
>I would also make a third unique charm that gives +1 to TP

I really like this.
>>
>>4906790
>remove stamina
Oh but you should not. It is a nice addition to the early game; don't butcher the early game.

> the ability to put points into energy
Maybe energy could be made less broken by increasing mana per energy and decreasing starting mana. Then, maybe some items could have energy requirement, so it would be similar to strength and dex in this respect.


and the ability to put points into energy
>>
>>4906859
>It is a nice addition to the early game

No, it's a trash garbage feature for fags, Brevik said he regrets putting it in the game.

>decreasing starting mana

It's already super low.
>>
>>4906864
It gives you one extra thing to do when you're rushing through an area (like when you're searching for waypoints and dungeons in act 2), and otherwise it is not intrusive. I like it.
>>
>>4906870
It's literally artificial difficulty.
>>
>>4906874
As is manually picking up gold, buying potions, having only two buttons that cast spells, and all similar things that create more micro-management. And this is what makes D2 different from some newer games.
>>
>>4906903
>micro-management

Oh, you're that guy. Never mind, keep on shitposting.
>>
File: 1478287105281.gif (358 KB, 498x278)
358 KB
358 KB GIF
>>4906790
>>4906812
great ideas men
>>
>>4907058
I was expecting a "you just copied WOTLK from WoW" answer, but sure.
>>
>>4907060
>you just copied WOTLK from WoW
Not that anon, but that flew right over my head since I haven't played WotLK.
I was even with it until "holy crusader", because a corrupted Qual-Kekh seemed fun if maybe a little stupid.
>>
File: barclay.jpg (89 KB, 694x530)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>4907060
I wouldn't of minded an expansion that had less to do with the prime evils, or even nothing to do with them, and focused more on the growing evil of man. There could have been more human enemies, maybe even some powerful AI champions that were sort of like the ancients -- but for each different classes, like rogue AI necromancers / sorceresses, the BBEG could have been a lich or maybe an emperor who had seriously bad tax policies.
>>
I need a build for my paladin.

I was thinking of creating a Tesladin, but I was undecided whether to use Vegenance or Zeal as an attack.

My goal is to do something in Hell difficulty.

I have used Hammerdin until recently, but strong as it is, it is boring to conjure hammers.
>>
>>4907081
And also advice on equipment to use. I'm going to max Holy Shock, Salvation and Res. Shock for high Shock damage.
>>
File: 1476388584086.webm (726 KB, 960x540)
726 KB
726 KB WEBM
>>4907072
>wouldn't of
>of
>>
>>4907081
Dual Dream Zeal with conviction. GGEZ mode.
>>
>>4907065
>if maybe a little stupid

Well I didn't wanna say death knight, because that's way too unoriginal, and I thought maybe the paladins would try to do some holy magic or some shit on the dead barbarians that would turn them into that. I don't know.
>>
>>4907081
>>4907091
I'm interested too. Come on guys

pic not related
>>
>>4907121
Would have given you advice but then you posted this ugly hoe, so no.
>>
>>4907081
Alright for fucks sake I'll help ya. But I can't really answer without knowing what kind of character are you asking for help with? Leveling up choices? End game gear? Are you doing this from scratch or twinked?
>>
>>4906701
> new mechanics
I'd love to see throw weapons, procs, and charges buffed.

For throw weapons, one way could be to increase the quantities and make them work with melee skills, so that you could have frenzy throw barb and fanaticism throw pally or that at least they could use a throwable weapon on a switch. Maybe, melee weapons will have more raw damage, and throwables - more utility. There are already some nice on-hit procs (amplify damage, for example), and they could be made more common and more diverse. Admittedly, this contradicts how amazon uses javelins now, and her jav skills will need to be changed, so that they are ranged with javelins and melee with 2-handed spear. Then, there are throwable potions, and they could be just buffed.

For procs and charges, I think it would be nice to buff the items to have higher-level spells. Like, for a melee character, having procs or charges of an decent level aoe spell (meteor, hurricane, fissure, blizzard, poison nova) would be quite helpful. There are already items like that, for example, Hexfire has hydra charges, but it needs to be buffed to be useful. Then, maybe some utility spells could become useful if the number of charges is buffed, and they appear as an addition to something else. Like, telekinesis, leap, slow missiles charges in a considerable quantity could be a nice addition to an item.
>>
>>4907081
I've been playing holy shock/zeal pally, and he seems to be doing fine so far (finished hell act 2). Lightning immunes are a pain, but he can take on individual immune mobs if absolutely needed, some cab be broken with lower resist wand, some you get rid of by reloading the map, and past the rest (in maggot layer for example) you just teleport with a staff. I managed to make him a crescent moon, and it helps a lot, due to ignore target defense (also lowers lightning resistance, but it does not seem to be of help with immunities).
>>
>>4907081
Max Holy Shock and synergies, get 4 points in Zeal, get a wand of Lower Resist at some point to help deal damage, get a fast weapon. Your immune woes in Hell will be solved through either farming vendors for Cruel weapons or by finding a decent weapon like Baranar's Star or Lightsabre through bossfarming. Alternately you can simply run away from lightning-immune mobs, or just simply outfit your merc with an Obedience thresher to deal with them. Nightmare will be a breeze, and with Vigor you can do a few NM Mephisto runs - just a few times to improve your loot, nothing too hardcore, you won't need to put any brakes until Hell.

If you manage to get rich enough to afford something like an Oath in a decent base (Ettin Axe, maybe), feel free to respec to Fanaticism.
>>
>>4907081
Also
>Vengeance
I wouldn't recommend it for untwinked play, though it is very doable to beat Hell with this skill (and Conviction). It's just a slow, single-target attack. You are theoretically well-equipped to face every mob, but single-immunes with high resistances in other elements can already get grating around A4-A5 NM. You're not too fast at boss killing for this reason. The mana cost is also relatively steep, but, of course, you don't get much leverage from any mana leech due to your damage being mostly non-physical. If I deliberately wanted to play a slow meleer that rewarded persistence, I'd play Conc Barb for the ridiculous life and armor total, better synergy with heavy two-handers, better immune handling (Berserk as backup is great) and horking. Full Berserk barb is much better at all of these, too.

Vengeance/Conviction combo lends itself best for a party tank in a co-op setup that aims at soaking damage and assisting elemental casters.
>>
>>4907473
>>4907445
>>4907191
>>4907184
>>4907164
>>4907156
Is this build good for you?
http://apostolov.info/diablo/skills/index.php?class=Paladin&build=00000k000k110001k000311k1010k0
>>
>>4907686
http://apostolov.info/diablo/skills/index.php?class=Paladin&build=00000k000k111001k10f11141110k0
>>
File: 1528114690545.jpg (105 KB, 720x600)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>4907092
have mercy on me
>>
File: comfy2.gif (367 KB, 908x986)
367 KB
367 KB GIF
>>4907184
>skills can use throw weapon as if it was a normal attack

holy shit you're a genius that would be awesome

>poison throwing dagger necro
>>
>>4907686
>>4907751
Depends on how you play and how/where yo farm, but you likely get to hell around level 60 and finish around 80, so better look at what the build will be like at these points. In particular, maybe you can just start playing and see how it rolls. For me, before I got an ignore target defense weapon, attack rating was a bitch, so I went with 20 points in zeal, which gives me more attack rating and more physical damage to fight individual lightning immunes. But maybe you'll get ignore target defense early, so you can have just a few points in zeal and get more lightning damage synergies early on. For me, after that choice was made, I didn't need to make another until level 70 or so (until I finished zeal, holy shock, resist lightning, and in process got like 5 points in holy shield). At that point you'll already have formidable lightning damage, so if you get a high-damage weapon, I imagine you can put points in sacrifice, to make more use of that (an catch up with zeal if you didn't do it earlier). If not, maybe put in salvation for even more lightning damage. Or in holy shield for lower dex needed for max block if you're going for it. So I suggest you start playing and see all these things for yourself.




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.