[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>>
>>4899747
Much better. But then again, I think FFVI and CT are pretty shit RPGs.
>>
>>4899773
>I think FFVI and CT are pretty shit RPGs
why?
>>
The first time I played it, my rom had a glitch where the fight with the first boss (a vampire I think) wouldn't trigger. I had downloaded the game to keep me occupied during a time when I had no internet at home, so I couldn't look up what was wrong. I spent fucking hours running around trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do.
>>
>>4899747
>How does this game compare to FFVI and CT?
Well the translation isn't finished for starters.
>>
>>4899773
I agree however I also think RS2 is far superior to RS3. Hopefully the upcoming RS3 remake can add some more quests and adjust the balancing to improve the experience.
>>
Is this the third SaGa thread currently on /vr/? I must be going crazy
>>
>>4899747
I heard the fan translation is very literal and terse because the translator hadn't fully learned Nip and it makes the characters seem dumb, but the effect is kind of charming..
>>
>>4900313
Octopath is getting them hot and bothered
>>
>>4902947
I heard that octopath is more similar to Seiken Densetsu 3 than SaGa, in the sense that you pick your characters but the main one drives the plot.
>>
>>4902947
>hot and bothered
How so?
>>
>>4902974
some people can't play it yet or at all cause they don't have a switch

some people are just anticipating it and thinking about hard jrpgs to get hard over, and either replaying or going back to that one they always meant to play

Turn based jrpgs with intricate combat mechanics are basically a genre unto their own now and this is like, part of the chatter or something
>>
>>4902986
>Turn based jrpgs with intricate combat mechanics are basically a genre unto their own now
I don't understand what that has to do with Octopath, it's not even as mechanically complex as SNES Romancing SaGa, and Octopath in itself is completely different.

There's has been a lot of shilling from /v/ where shitposter said Octopath was a SaGa clone or a spiritual successor, which of course caused some butthurt when SaGa players found out how Octopath is nothing like SaGa.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.