[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 84 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

show me your favorites
>>
D2
Grim dawn
DS
Tq2 hopefully
>>
>>3388165
There is only 1 for me.

Should I give Grim Dawn a chance? Diablo 2 was meh for me, and Path of Exile is (in my opinion) the biggest insult for this genre.
>>
>>3388185
Gd is basically d2. I like it a lot and it's IMHO the most dedicated game in the last decade.
>>
>>3388185
Grim Dawn's the anti-PoE in a lot of ways. Its biggest downside is that it's ugly as fuck, even speaking as someone who loves the game.
>>
>>3388199
Yeah, could be a 2006 game
>>
>>3388200
It did actually start development in 2006 lol
>worked on by two devs in their spare time for 6 years (owner bought the TQ engine)
>kickstarter 2012(?)
>official release 2016
>active and ongoing development for 18 years
>deepest lore and great gameplay
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-lore-notes-pdf-and-ebook-epub-new-update-1-1-9-0/50203
>>
>>3388202
>active and ongoing development for 18 years
Oh boy!
>>
File: pathoftoomuch.png (3.83 MB, 1920x1080)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB PNG
>>3388199
I find all ARPGs ugly. It's not an attractive subgenre in general, bunch of shit flying around on the screen at all times. PoE takes that way too far though.
>>
>>3388172
Sorry I'll probably feel stupid once it hits me what it is, but what is DS?

I'm definitely looking forward to Titan's Quest 2. The first is still great but has so many QoL issues. I love the dual class system, but Grim Dawn blows it out of the water in that regard.
>>
>>3388199
Really, ugly? I think the aesthetic of Grim Dawn is a huge draw. I loved how D2 looked and Grim Dawn has that same feel. Add to it the dual class system and it makes D2 look weak in comparison, even though I still love both.
>>
>>3388240
Probably Dungeon Siege. That poor anon...
>>
>>3388240
Dark Souls
>>3388251
Dark Souls
Dungeon Siege had a few good ideas, but terrible execution. Aren't there liege 5 games?
>>
>>3388243
Lije the other anon said, started nearly 20y ago. Gd is extremely well executed. The only thing D2 trumps it is in being iconic. Gd is a 10/10, but it isn't as iconic as d2.
They are releasing an early access for a rts set during grim dawn.
>>
File: nox.jpg (27 KB, 288x344)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>3388165
NoX, SACRED Gold and Divine Divinity.
>>
>>3388217
the fuck
>>
>>3388299
No the one where you get sucked into fairy world
>>
>>3388321
GGG has a unique and well formulated design philosophy. They think that the ease of playing Diablo clones, in general, is mostly at the fault of the player being able to tell what is happening on screen, therefore, visual perception of the player is nerfed.
>>
Path of Exile and it's not even close for me. The complexity behind customizing your character is unmatched, which my favorite part of the genre. The visuals and loot quantity can be a big turn off for some people, but keep in mind they have an alternative ruthless game mode, which creates a slower pace and quantity of things in the game. Alternatively, players can just play builds that are not overwhelming the screen.

If the Dark Souls games are acceptable to include, they would go second to PoE and are replayable plus very customizable. The cRPG games like Divine Divinity are great and memorable experiences but not really worth more than 1 play through. Games like Grim Dawn or Titan Quest don't even cut it for me, it is one time and forever done.

Last Epoch is intriguing and it might come close to PoE, but I haven't tried it.
>>
>>3388382
>t. gaas addict
>>
>>3388382
I'm keeping my eye on Last Epoch as well. I'll wait and see how it evolves, but it looks great right now.
>>
holy shit its so depressing to see a bunch of redditfaggots on this board shilling Grim Reddit, such a dogshit waste of space and time game. People instantly say “its like muh diablo2” because they have no ability to criticize or support their opinions, rather they just regurgitate whatever most upvoted reddit comment or youtuber is saying.

I’ll say this once, and it’s because i don’t care whatsoever to argue with retarded redditors with no taste in vidya:

Grim Dawn is a shit game.

play literally any other game in the genre, hell go try the indie 2d slop ones, even those are better than grim dawn. Diablo 2 isn’t gone btw, you can still go back and play that if you want a game thats “like” diablo 2.

WH40k inquisitor martyr is better, last epoch is better, wolcen is better, titan quest is better, etc.

the only thing that is appealing about grim dawn is the design philosophy being centered around multiclassing and “freedom” when in reality this idea is garbage and executed horribly to the point building a character is boring and 1 dimensional.

There is basically no agency in building a character, in this sense it IS anti-POE! because at least dogshit POE lets you use whatever shitty skill you want as long as you can buff it enough through flasking(also a shit design mechanic)

people that enjoy grim dawn enjoy being told what to do and know nothing better than their own ignorance, they are an exactly analogous example of Plato’s famous allegory.
>>
>>3388444
>hasn't played past normal
>>
>>3388465
kek, the idea that someone who plays ARPGs didn’t play one of them and reach the end game is a hilarious cope. No, dipshit, the game you like is just ass. No way around it, sorry to burst your redditor updoot le just like diablo 2 bubble but yeah, kill yourself post haste, my man. “people” like you consuming vidya is why the market is filled with piles of shit
>>
>>3388498
cry is free
>>
File: the retard award.jpg (38 KB, 500x324)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>3388382
>The complexity behind customizing your character is unmatched
>>
>>3388444
>>3388498

I have trouble following your tangent and ultimately seeing whatever point you think you are making, anon. Dial it down a bit, you sound super irritated and hostile and it does nobody any good.

Grim Dawn is fun. So are the other games you mentioned. If you think it's shit, that's okay, but getting angry at other people's enjoyment is not a healthy way to go about life.

Also thanks for mentioning Wolcen because I knew there was another ARPG that I had forgotten but looked good. I might pick that up soon.
>>
>>3388517
>dur uhhhh i can’t read so please dumb it down for me
>ummm uhh shitting on retarded people is unhealthy! it does good for no one!
man you are a really pathetic retard. learn to read, and go to /fit/ if you want to post about healthiness, fatass.
>>3388185
NO!!!!
>>
>>3388517
he's just drunk and trolling. wolcen is actually what gives it away to people who play arpgs, that shit is awful.
>>
>>3388199
>Its biggest downside is that it's ugly as fuck
Grim Dawn does look very aged and low budget, but at the same time it never made me think "I just can't play through this visual slog" like PoE did. Dated, but very much serviceable - like a solid old game.
Now PoE has absolutely amazing voice acting, memorable NPCs, and a lot of great looking visual effects and models - but I experienced virtually zero enjoyment and satisfaction from going through the actual game areas.
>>
best arpg? last epoch. worst arpg? grim dawn
>>
worst arpg? din's legacy
>>
>>3388517
his entire argument was
>it's SHIT!!!
what did you expect?
>>
>>3388559
>entire argument for liking grim dawn
>”i used to like diablo 2!”
face it, grim dawn is shit. stop coping. why is it good again?
>nb4 mentions the skill tree shit
yeah that is the worst part about the game
>>
>>3388548
There's dozens of low effort Diablo-clones, hard to pick one that actually stands out in how bad it is.
Oh, wait, I got it... Diablo Immortal
>>
>>3388562
grim dawn is a lot better than diablo 2 though. that shit is very old and simplistic in comparison. biggest flaw is there are way too much focus on resistances, but that's almost a subgenre problem.
>>
>>3388562
>entire argument for liking grim dawn
>”i used to like diablo 2!”
I never said this nor did anybody else.
>cope
go back to facebook, 2016 newfag
>b-b-but!!!
newfag trash kill yourself
>>
File: Nobeta.png (1.3 MB, 1920x1080)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>
>>3388568
>diablo 2 simplistic compared to grim dawn
grim dawn just has more reading for the same exact system. It's not more compelling or engaging in any way to build a character in grim dawn. it's the exact same as in d2. Just max a singular damage type, it's literally that simple and there is 0 room for creativity. At least wolcen lets you experiment and create your own unique builds, that game isn't great but it's better than grim dawn. You quite literally fell for the meme, the meme being that grim dawn is a build autism game when in reality it's just a poorly made diablo 2 clone, and it's gameplay mechanics are mainly a marketing scheme.
>>
>>3388571
grim dawn faggots trying to larp as oldfags kek, all this cope and seethe for what? i'm just pointing out the trash you like is just that, garbage. If you like grim dawn it's a symptom of not being able to discern quality in the products you consume, rather you are told what to like and base your opinions on predisposition rather than experience.
>>
>>3388576
i've never heard of this meme, i just like looting shit and seeing what i can make out of it. all arpgs are about stacking multipliers. it's not a very creative subgenre. i'm sure you've had this argument with people on reddit or discord or some general or something, but it's kinda boring to bring it here for no reason and without even an interesting presentation of it. i hope you learn to do better, anon.
>>
>>3388583
>all arpgs are like this!!
kek what a pathetic fucking retard. i see my original intent of not engaging with retarded grim dawn faggots was a wise one.

No, all ARPGs are NOT just mindlessly stacking damage modifiers to spam your best skill. play some more arpgs kek. jesus that one was exceedingly pathetic. you genuinely thought the best argument for grim dawn was "all arpgs are like this!" ? lmao

BTW i dont use reddit or discord, cope, seethe, and project more, tranny.
>>
>>3388597
grim dawn isn't necessarily about spamming one skill, as there are plenty of piano builds. what i was talking about was maximizing a particular form of damage through stacking multipliers, which is par for the course in arpgs, where the games boil down to efficiency and math and apm rather than tactics. are you one of those autists who actually thinks they are smart for creating a build in a video game?
>>
>>3388610
>he thinks i don't understand " maximizing a particular form of damage through stacking multipliers"

you do realize that this isn't how all other ARPGs work, right? just because there is a build in grim dawn where you cast 3 different aether skills doesn't change the fact that all you are doing is aether-maxxing your build mindlessly and with 0 agency or creativity in your decision making.

>are you one of those autists who actually thinks they are smart for creating a build in a video game?
no, you don't have to be intelligent to create your own character build in an ARPG, but that is really saying something considering you are unable to do so.

in conclusion, play better games anon. even other people that like grim dawn will think your argumentation is pathetic and embarrassing. I mean really? just think for a second anon, I say grim dawn is shit because the build diversity is brainless and too simple and your reaction is "that's all ARPGs!"

You just sound like you don't like ARPGs
>>
>>3388625
>you do realize that this isn't how all other ARPGs work, right?
from what i've seen, they do.
>You just sound like you don't like ARPGs
i'm not a huge fan of the subgenre, correct. i just play them on occasion. that's why as an outsider i find your points specious and lacking substance. it's pot and kettle shit to me.

little tip though, cut out all the attempts at gotchas and insults in your posts, they'd be a lot more legible.
>>
>>3388630
>from what i've seen, they do
I accept your concession on the basis of ignorance, you simply shouldn't be speaking with any sort of authority on this subject because you are too uneducated in the genre.

>complaining about legibility
you stink of ESL faggot, no one cares what you think. I have just exposed grim dawn fans as larping faggots that have no ability to discern quality in the products they consume.

this will be my final reply to your pathetic arguments, because you present none. Your argument hinges on the preposterous idea that all ARPGs operate under the same narrow-minded perspective you are predisposed to, meanwhile anyone with a brain will realize this is untrue. (you) don't get a reply anymore because (you) are too uneducated to have a basic conversation with.
>>
>>3388165

Bizarre that people on here are shitting on Grim Dawn. Game is fantastic. Tons of builds. Tons of hidden places to find. Yes the graphics are dated but other aspects of the game are top notch.
>>
>>3388633
nailed it. exposed his complete lack of substance and he runs away with his tail between his legs. god, i'm good.
>>
>replies with a non-argument
>again
>>
>>3388634
>thinks samefaggin will save him
newfags kek
>>
>>3388643
thanks for continuing to converse with me, anon. as far as i can tell, you never engaged with my argument in the first place, just said "nuh-uh" and ran away. you don't have any specific examples and you don't seem to understand grim dawn very well either. i dub thee defeated.
>>
>>3388649
>admits he doesn't like or play ARPGs
>admits he thinks they are all the same
>continuously insistent that i have no argument
fair enough, to clarify the schizoid delusions would be too much effort from me, everyone with eyes can see how pathetic your argumentation is. desperately samefagging for attention isn't going to make anyone think you are right. i've already stated why exactly grim dawn is a shit game, i understand you have difficulty reading english so i will spell it out for you one last time:

grim dawn is bad, because of the exact same reasons that you deem it good. The character building is weak and one dimensional, not to mention the clunky gameplay and bad graphics.

you should consider yourself lucky as to dialogue with someone of my intellect, i've given you far too many chances for an intelligent discussion and you have failed at every point.
>>
>>3388653
>delusional remarks about samefagging
>appeals to the crowd on an anonymous imageboard
>still has no argument
i knew you couldn't leave me, i'm the only one giving you the attention you crave. i haven't said why i think it's good though. it's fun to kill shit and collect loot. i don't know what clunky gameplay means and i've seen far worse games graphically and don't really consider that to be important. man, arpg players really are repetitive and lazy.
>>
>>3388382

Yes the passive skill tree in PoE is huge but it seems like most builds revolve around using one skill exclusively.
>>
>>3388669
It's because of an update that normalized the differences between a lot of skills that were otherwise useless due to their long animation timers among other things.

Basically in the earlier seasons of PoE there were still mainly single skill builds but they were more limited in what skill you could choose, now after the update you can choose basically any skill you want and gear it up to serve you well into the end game.

Pretty boring solution imo, I don't like PoE end game builds for this reasoning, a lot of unique builds like trap casters and melee-leech builds are pretty much useless now.

Still better than grim dawn
>>
>>3388444
rent free
>>
4chan didn't start in 2016, newfag.
>>
>>3388321
>Pump Durability
>>
>>3388444
He doesn't know
>>
I've played Diablo 1+2, Torchlight 1, a little bit of PoE, and Fate. What should I play next? In my opinion these games are alright but to be honest I'm not the biggest fan of the ARPG gameplay loop but I love CRPGs. If there are any any ARPGs with more traditional RPG mechanics, that would be neat
>>
>>3388788
Divine Divinity
>>
>>3388444
>Diablo 2 isn’t gone btw, you can still go back and play that if you want a game thats “like” diablo 2.
I have gone back and replayed Diablo 2 after playing Grim Dawn. Grim dawn remains the spiritual successor to the Diablo throne that remained empty after Blizzard abdicated with 3. Cope and seethe.

Why do you zoomoids project this “you just watch YouTubers” shit? Some of us grew up playing video games and think watching other people play video games is fucking stupid.
>>
>>3388444
> WH40k inquisitor martyr is better
9/10 bait
>>
>>3388669
problem with path of exile is that it has that games as a service rotating meta design at its heart. things are added and nerfed in cycles in order to retain player interest over long periods of time. it's just following the crumbs left by the devs in the patch notes and jumping through content hoops over and over. i really feel bad for people who get addicted to that stuff, it's bad for their brain and hands.
>>
>>3388788
last epoch
>>
>>3389062
>you just watch YouTubers
Not only zoomers, I'm afraid
>>
>>3389062
retarded, if you like grim dawn you are retarded. it’s that simple. you would eat bricks if someone told you it was cheese, you stupid rat.

Grim Dawn is not good, the character building is 1 dimensional is boring, there is literally nothing to do but grind for items and equip the better one, 0 thought is put into building your character beyond the initial “wow i can mix whatever i want? cool!” then you realize all the mixing is pointless because no matter what path you “choose” your end game will always be the exact same.

There are no unique grinding methods (like maps in poe) there are no unique building methods (just max 1 damage type and its gg) there is literally nothing about grim dawn that makes it worth playing above other ARPGs on the market UNLESS you are a retarded blind faggot and fell for the marketing tactics to make grim dawn popular.

Grim dawn wasn’t even good when it released, it’s literally a step back in every way from titan quest because they entirely sacrificed graphics for gameplay, and the gameplay completely falls flat.

If you disagree, that is okay, but you are objectively wrong. Other contemporary ARPGs have much better systems implemented and have better feel and graphics as well
>WH40K inquisitor martyr
decent graphics in comparison, equally horrible game feel, slightly better character building and optimization systems
>Last Epoch
if you really think grim dawn is a successor to d2 then try this, its literally better in every way. its a good game. the only issue is slow servers
>wolcen
even this piece of dogshit is superior to grim dawn, because it’s system mechanics for character building and optimization are actually engaging and fun to use, better graphics and shitty but passable game feel.
>>
>>3389407
Grim dawn is a shittier version of D3, kek. All you do is grind and rift, retarded casuals will never understand this
>>
>>3388199
The biggest downside is the terrible itemization. Some builds are complex, but the vast majority are just equipping all the purple shit that specifically buffs the skill you want to spam plus some -res.
>>
File: file.jpg (232 KB, 1280x720)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
It has been forgotten and probably for a good reason, but I still like Mu Online
>>
>>3389407
>Last Epoch
I was halfway interested in this and checked it out and saw a micro transaction store for an early access game. Lol. Lmao

Enjoy your “gaming as a service” goyslop with seasons and shit. By your rejection of Grim Dawn, the thread of prophecy is severed. Reload a saved game, or persist in the doomed world you have created.

Go on about your “akshually X is objectively more fun than Y” tho
>>
>>3389453
>micro transaction store
it's for skins kek, i care about actual gameplay systems and mechanics, not retarded goyslop dressup games (like you clearly do). I had to check what you are even talking about because it has that little bearing on my enjoyment of the game. Lol. Lmao, even. I put more hours into grim dawn than you, and that's why i know it's shit.

Because i'm not a braindead casual slop enjoyer like you.

That's why i know it's shit.
>>
>>3389453
>interested in a game
>doesn’t play it because of optional cosmetics
What even is the logic here?
>>
>>3389425
I SAID GRIM DAWN IS BAD STOP ARGUING WITH ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
lol this arpg addict is fucking deranged. observe kids, this is what these games do to a motherfucker. abandon.
>>
>>3389492
>>3389481
i have yet to see a single argument in defense of grim dawn, all you faggots are just ass mad that i concisely displayed why the game is a steaming hot pile of overrated jewslop. The only thing you retarded faggots can do is cope and seethe. My superiority comes from my intelligence to eloquently explain my ideas paired with my years of wisdom and experience in the genre, while all you faggot kiddies whine about grim dawn be "muh spiritual successor to D2" i was actually in the servers grinding for runes on live. you "people" have no idea what you are even talking about and you should all be put down like rabid dogs.
>>
>>3389506
d2 fucking sucked, lmao. get over this genre, it's harming you.
>>
>>3389507
>d2 sucked
it was good for it's time. it basically invented what ARPGs are now. It does suck by todays standards, the gameplay does at least. the aesthetic far surpasses most current year ARPGs, including d3 and d4.
>its harming you
stop projecting and invent a real argument you dumb cunt. retarded faggot. worm brain zoomer. say something antithetical to your existence, which is to say:

say something worth while, for once.
>>
>>3389513
>it basically invented what ARPGs are now
exactly. grindy treadmills for deranged addicts such as yourself. dopamine stunters and carpal annihilators. i pity you.
>>
>>3389492
It's disappointing and very tiresome newfag rhetoric. And it never fucking stops. Every thread you find this behavior.
>>
>>3389530
provide a singular argument against my statements, i'm being very patient with you kids.

>>3389527
>exactly, I hate ARPGs but you should believe me when i say grim dawn is good
okay dude, i've heard enough of your retarded casual arguments. once upon a time you found grim dawn interesting because of the emphasis on multi-classing, yet you never opened your eyes and actually played the game. you like to be told what to do, not to discover for yourself what is good/fun. You only like grim dawn because you were told to do so.
>>
>>3389545
you were told to think that someone told me what to think by someone who thinks people are told to think things in general, i think, since you are easily able to think such a thing. so, i think you don't know what i think at all.
>>
>>3389554
funnily enough, i have a fitting sentiment to end our discussion, i'll be surprised if your small mind can break through this one, here it goes:

"Him who knows that I know what he seeks to know, knows it well while he who knows not, knows not what I know or know not."
>>
>>3389579
>repeats a quote as a capstone to his argument about not thinking for oneself
pottery
>>
>>3389649
>google searches the statement because he can't begin to even comprehend the idea of thinking for himself
it's too easy these days.
>>
>>3388185
holy BASED.
>>
>>3389690
>thinks i don't have an amazon redhead pawn
heh
>>
>>3389545
>yet you never opened your eyes and actually played the game. you like to be told what to do, not to discover for yourself what is good/fun. You only like grim dawn because you were told to do so.
Lol, lmao
>>
>>3388165
currently playing through GD because this POE season was shitty. what should my next build be bros?
>>
>>3389854
>>3389848
if you dumb shill faggots dont give this man a build this instant i will be extremely disappointed in your grim dawn shilling. and don't google the build either bastards.

BTW show me your pawn and i'll believe you yep that's right i know you just googled the source of the quote don't play with me boy.
>>
File: pippi.png (103 KB, 257x275)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>3389867
heh
>>
>>3388444
>WH40k inquisitor martyr is better
I really wish this was the case.
>>
>>3389891
dumbass whatever fuck you. just fuck you.

>>3389922
it is the case
>>
Cease this rambling and actually say what ARPGs are good.
>>
>>3390046

Right now its;

Grim dawn (comfy game with alot of builds and content)
Last epoch (good game with alot of potential, if the devs dont fuck it up it may be a game you can play for a long time)

Stay far away from goyslop like poe and diablo.
>>
>>3390055
I never did get to click with PoE, but Diablo was my jam growing up. Grim Dawn is better, but Diablo has its place. None of these games are utter shit, despite what angry, angst-ridden anons would have you believe. It's a different strokes for different folks thing. Sure there are aspects that don't appeal, and things they do wrong, but ultimately somebody somewhere is enjoying the game, and to just shit all over it is silly. You're better than that anon.
>>
>>3390046
grim dawn is slop, last epoch is good, WH40K inquisitor martyr is good, wolcen is good, ghostlore is decent, chronicon is decent, D2 and titan quest are relevant for aesthetics. grim dawn genuinely sucks ass. its like d1 tier
>>
File: 1553847423516.jpg (229 KB, 1280x720)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>3388444
>WH40k inquisitor martyr is better
>wolcen is better
You had one job you silly shill
>>
>>3390060
>None of these games are utter shit, despite what angry, angst-ridden anons would have you believe
The absolute sperging in these last couple ARPG threads is pretty over the top.
>>
>>3390153
Honestly, the green level is kinda difficult
>>
>>3390117
>grim dawn genuinely sucks ass. its like d1 tier
I think we’ve found the root of your issue, anon. You don’t like ARPGs, aka “Diablo clones”, if you can’t enjoy Diablo and would compare something that you think “sucks ass” to it. Grim dawn is the purest modern expression of this, it’s a single-player game that doesn’t try to sell you anything or nickel and dime you and you can just play through it and then finish it and be done, or keep playing if you want to. There’s no grinding needed.

What you like are MMOs that strap you onto a treadmill of infinite grinding and hook you up to a Skinner box with drip-fed dopamine and dangle that next shiny in front of you, with a cash shop, “seasons”, and a “game as a service”. Enjoy your microtransactions.
>>
>>3390117
>Best current ARPG (Grim Dawn) genuinely sucks ass like the previous best ARPG (Diablo 1)
>>
>>3390322
>you dont like arpgs
nice try with that one kek, but i have more hours in every ARPG than you do, my opinion is purely based on objectivity and wisdom. Grim Dawn is bad, D1 is bad unless you want specifically D1 atmosphere. pretending d1 is the best arpg is retarded, D2 is way better in every way.

Even your favorite most beloved ARPG i know more than you about, and i can climb higher than you in it easily. You are a worthless retard and you post more about ARPGs than playing them, compared to someone like me who has thousands of hours in ARPGs and has completed the end game of every contemporary ARPG release. you are nothing.

>>3390392
hilarious that i triggered grim dawn faggots by saying D1 (the first ARPG ever, dated by design) is similar to Grim Dawn in that they both suck ass. D2 is the best arpg ever made. I have yet to see any form of argument that disproves grim dawn as being dogshit.
>>
>>3390559
D1 is literally not the same genre as D2. D2 completely fucked up D1's dungeon crawler feel and turned it into a character building and loot grinding simulator.
>>
>>3390559
>someone like me who has thousands of hours in ARPGs and has completed the end game of every contemporary ARPG release
now i just feel bad for you
>>
The only thing Path of Exile has going for it is free to play. Granted, that's a huge incentive for forever-poors, but no serious gamer is going to put up with desync in a game that loves to insta-kill you and hates to reward you. Going 30+ item levels without an upgrade is a sign of shitty drops.
>>
>>3390559
>you post more about ARPGs than playing them, compared to someone like me who has thousands of hours in ARPGs and has completed the end game of every contemporary ARPG release.
>>
>>3388382
Path of Exile is the best one released since D2 and it's not even close, but that doesn't mean others aren't worth playing. It's not that kind of genre right.

Just today I played Last Epoch, it starts slow and I didn't like it at first, but it gets more fun. It's like D3 in the sense that you learn skills automatically and can switch between them at any time, but each skill has its own skill tree that you can specialize in and the customization gets pretty neat. The class themes are good.
It's a strange feeling game, you don't cover that much physical space but each act is a different period in history ultimately spanning thousands of years. So it has a kind of creepy vibe. But the areas also feel kind of dead as well, like there's almost no chests and not as much trash loot. It even seems like picking up loot to sell is almost useless, although you can disassemble them for crafting materials I think. I haven't fucked with the crafting, it's apparently quite good.
I will be pirating the full release in a couple weeks.
>>
>>3390835
>desync
has not been an issue for almost a decade now
>>
>>3388165
Dead and irrelevant genre. Grim Dawn was okay though.
>>
>>3393742
imagine being this out of touch
>>
>>3393745
Point and click adventure games are dead. RTS is dead. Much like in Yockey’s “Imperium”, genres are organic beings with a definite lifecycle, they are born, they grow, they prosper, they weaken, and die. The genre began with Diablo, Diablo 2 was its adolescence, it peaked with Grim Dawn and now we are here, discussing a dead genre. Accept it.
>>
>>3393753
>peaked with Grim Dawn

Completely disconnected from reality.
>>
>>3393760
>Look at you, anon: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal truth?
>>
>>3393753
Just because you don't like Path of Exile doesn't mean it is dead.
>>
File: gd.jpg (970 KB, 1920x1080)
970 KB
970 KB JPG
>>3388165
Grim Dawn is pretty good in that you have to build around multiple skills.
>>
>>3393766
>auto attack
>aoe attack
>debuff
>totem

less skills than a D2 barbarian
>>
>>3393780
Look at the ancient resolution, it's from google images. Personally I only play casters, but even that guy would definitely have more skills than a fucking D2 barb in the end.
>>
File: eastern paladin.png (596 KB, 711x581)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
Diablo 1 and 2 are two of my all time favorites. Diablo 3 was fun cause I played it with my bros on console, but otherwise pretty unmemorable. I don't have the patience for randomized loot systems these days.
Any love for games like Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Secret of Evermore, etc? Looking for something other than soulslikes or the Ys series that scratches that RPG Zelda-like itch.
>>
>>3394765
Dragons Dogma
>>
I'm not the schizo from earlier but I really dislike Grim Dawn.

The base game has no endgame, loot itemization sucks, and the skill system ended up with me just spamming a single skill from start to end.
>>
File: Terranigma.png (1.4 MB, 992x660)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>3394767
played it and it's good. Anything else to play before DD2 comes out? I also enjoyed Nioh
2 except I got kinda sick of soulslikes at this point. Also not interested in random loot. FF16 looks cool, but don't have a PS5.
>>
>>3388165
>ctrl-f Sacred
>only one match
As far as Diablo clones go it's fantastic, as long as you play the characters that are actually playable, like the Gladiator or the Dark Elf
>>
>>3388165
>A
>“““RPG”””
Go away and never come back
>>
>>3390760
these are the “people” that like grim dawn. they dont even play the game in it’s entirety. you just like the idea of what you are doing, despite the fact that it’s about as fun and engaging as being in a chinese sweatshop making shoe soles
>>3390860
yes
>>
>>3393753
>>3393742
lmao

>>3393745
>>3393760
wow someone actually smart in the replies, what are your favorite ARPGs?
>>
>>3394774
nice, someone with eyes once again posting a correct opinion about grim dawn. how does it feel to have a brain that actually turned on when you were born as opposed to liking trash like grimothy dawn?
>>
>>3395114
>you just like the idea of what you are doing,
i cannot parse this sentence.
>>
>>3395143
you pay no mind to reality around you, you are unable to discern quality in the products you consume. you like the idea of grim dawn, so you play the slop and enjoy it, regardless of the actual quality of the dogshit slop you consume.

that is who you are if you like grim dawn.
>>
>>3395148
so, i play the game because i like it and that's worth remark and scorn? does this mean you play games for hundreds of hours that you don't enjoy? is this the mind of an arpg addict?
>>
>>3395148
Imagine being this mad about a video game
>>
>>3395150
>i like shit! i love the smell and taste of shit! is that so bad?
yes, it is.
>>3395152
you are projecting the anger you feel for being exposed as a brainless faggot onto me, i’m extremely grateful to not be anything like you retarded brain-rotten faggots
>>
>>3395158
going by your thoughts, i'm incapable of perceiving it as shit, so it's just time spent enjoyably. however, you said you played every arpg for hundreds of hours, which means you like to eat shit while fully aware. i think arpgs have rotted your brain, you can't even banter without a self-own.
>>
>>3395161
>you totally self-owned yourself by saying grim dawn is shit after playing it
the mind of you “people” is disgusting. i wont even waste my time explaining to you why informing your opinion is a good thing. congrats on the ability to parse my sentence enough to extract an ESL-tier interpretation in which me understanding and analyzing the quality of my experience somehow means i have brainrot.

go ahead, “spend your time enjoyably” go shovel shit for all i care, you are nothing but a worthless retard, vying for me to find your retarded and ignorant beliefs as acceptable, which i will never do.
>>
>>3395167
>vying for me
vie with you? god no, i don't believe you at all. i'm sure you've played like 3 hours of one or two arpgs. i thought we were just joking around.
>>
>>3395169
>im just joking bro!
lol
>grim dawn enjoyers
lmao, even.
>>
>>3395169
classic case of projection, i believe it is YOU who has never put substantial amounts of time in any ARPG, evident by your retarded opinions

>>3395172
hey look, another guy that knows you are a retard
>>
>>3395172
you are joking though. nobody posts this obsessively about a game they dislike, for days on end.
>>
>>3395175
>less than 5 posts is too many for you
not sure what to expect from grim dawn faggots.
>days on end
and a schizoid to boot.
>>
>he's still going
>>
>>3395167
>anon explains how much he doesn’t care about Grim Dawn after his 69th post in the thread talking about Grim Dawn
>>
>he still has no argument
>>
>>3395185
that's nothing near what the post was explaining, is it truly that much of an alien concept to you faggots that i understand and analyze my experiences and have no trouble eloquently explaining them? you can't even read, much less invent some coherent argument as to why you think grim dawn is good. why are you even alive? what are you good for? you just accept being brainless cattle?
>>
>>3395188
I just think it's funny you're still sperging out Grim Dawn in a thread about a completely different game. You've almost assuredly posted more about Grim Dawn than the anons who like the game.
>>
>>3395201
i'll throw you a bone friendo, WHY is it bad to post about a game that is bad? have you thought about that at all? if you have any ability of logical reasoning whatsoever, i beckon it's arrival now.
>>
>>3395118
I dislike Grim Dawn for coherent reasons.

You dislike Grim Dawn because you are a deranged schizo who has been having a near week long meltdown.

We are not the same.
>>
File: IMG_2087.jpg (246 KB, 1169x1530)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>3395251
yeah im baseder
>>
>>3395265
What does Pillars of Eternity have to do with anything?
>>
>>3395265
>it's the IMG_ retard
now it all makes sense
>>
>>3388165
You're welcome.
>>
i really liked last epoch but god damn the optimization on the engine is so dogshit. hope the release fixes it
>>
>>3395291
that's what happens when you go with Unity, they're overhauling the lighting to be way fancier in 1.0 too so look forward to it running even worse
>>
>>3395280
i see you are a fan
>>
File: 1700852854993542.jpg (698 KB, 1080x1324)
698 KB
698 KB JPG
Automata is good, it's very polished and is a game for "fans" but ultimately when I think back to it, this isn't just my favourite ARPG or JRPG or RPG or the finest 7th gen game with Lost Odyssey.
It repeatedly sits at the top outwith the genre but it occupies a strange place where as it gets side material and sequels such as Automata & Reincarnation it only grows stronger as a solid foundation. The encapsulation of how a few small mistakes can have rippling effects and how we must choose to ignore them for our own ideals.
It truly shows that an ARPG can be more than just a battle system and upgrades.
>>
i'm makin' one.
give me your hyper specific QoL requests please
>>
>>3395280
Why would you continue responding to a literal child who uses a term like "baseder" to "own" you? All this may as well be a samefag.
>>
>>3395474
Monster should only drop what they have equipped, titan quest style.

All boots should have movement speed up on them.

Minions should be split between cheap, weak, and spammable and expensive, strong, and limited.
>>
>>3395474
Highly customizable loot filters/autopickup.
>>
>>3395747
>All boots should have movement speed up on them.
Yes
Yes
YES
>>
Is it possible to have an ARPG that isn't based around killing monsters as fast as possible? How do you remove the "as many pulls as possible per minute" slot machine effect from loot?
>>
>>3395474
ragdoll physics
yes i want to hit something fast or hard or fast AND hard and see it go flying sometimes
>>
>>3395747
why dont you make your own faggot game instead if imposing retarded out of context gameplay mechanics onto someone elses game. he said QoL >>3395474
some form of respec
>>
>>3395766
>How do you remove the "as many pulls as possible per minute" slot machine effect from loot?
Stop making loot randomly dropped and start making it unique and hand-placed in the world
>>
Depths of peril, it's Diablo mixed with WC3
>>
>>3395766
it would be about beating the game instead of optimizing your build - unfortunately that means after you beat it once or a few times, you're not inclined to keep playing unless there's nightmare or hell difficulty levels like in D2.

>>3395747
>Monster should only drop what they have equipped, titan quest style.
i tried that but i didn't like it
>boots
no boot slots or pant slot, sorry
>Minions
agreed, it's how i'm doing it

>>3395760
there's not enough lootdrops to warrant it. you'll rarely find yourself with 5+ items on the ground that you yourself didn't drop

>>3395768
i went with fixed/baked animations since it's easier to do gore. i wish i did ragdolls though

>>3395790
>respec
will exist as an object you find in the world.

thanks for the suggestions lads
>>
>>3395950
add maps that retain the same layout even if you shutoff the game, leave, whatever. i miss that in diablo 2 offline mode
>>
>>3389407
you are a fucking faggot, just the shut the fuck and go touch grass. no one fucking cares about what you have to say about Grim Dawn. You sound like you are incapable of beating Grim Dawn or it abused you like the little bitch you must be to post lengthy aids about how bad the game is like a whining faggot. You contribute nothing. ARPG's dont need to be a fucking competition, some are better than others. Get over your fucking self. Fag.
>>
>>3396303
nah im just pointing out the game is trash and exposing all of the fans of grim dawn as braindead tasteless faggots.
>>
>>3396025
all maps are persistent, bodies stay, enemies don't respawn, items dropped on the ground stay there forever.
it's an offline only game so i couldn't not do that.
>>
File: ouchie.jpg (363 KB, 1278x960)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>3395766
by designing enemies that actually pose a threat and demand the player to be mindful and deliberate, for one
>>
>>3389507
d2 is the pinnacle of the genre, everything else after completely misses the point

d2 is not some stupid endless treadmill you grind with progressively shifting balance and goals, most builds not using absurd items can be finished in a pretty short time frame and getting more items/levels doesn't really do after awhile
>>
>>3395282
It's so mid I keep forgetting it exists, and I finished it.
>>
>>3396303
I also suspect that he failed somehow. From my limited experience, GD is one of the trickier ones and full of traps. Like melee characters finding out that bosses are resistant to leech or monsters ignoring summons and targeting the player. Also, for a game with so little spells there's an absurd power difference between them, like 26/26 totems having 1600 base screen-wide dps while the arcanist 26/26 comet has only 300 in a tiny radius. I can understand the schizo if he really wanted a comet build.
The worst part about GD is that just about all bosses are face-tankable once you do find the dev-approved builds, so there's very little gameplay going on. Grim Yawn indeed.
>>
>>3388165

Modern and fully qualified section:

Dragon's Dogma
Trials of Mana remake
Grim Dawn
Last Epoch

Super Loose Qualifications bonus section:

EDF 5
Remnant II
Vermintide II
Stranger of Paradise

Old School Section:

Castlevania: SOTN
Secret of Mana
D2
Morrowind
River City Ransom
Seiken Denetsu 3
Titan Quest
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Faxanadu

WTF Are You Doing Are You Trying to Start a War Section:

Skyrim
Shadow of War
Borderlands 2
Morrowind
Cyberpunk 2077
They're roughly in my favoritism order per section, which is based strictly on raw fun and immersion while being (somewhat) controlled for Skinner factors, but I fully expect LE to surpass GD once it's full release.
>>
>>3396396
You are an excellent troll, keep singing the inverse praises for Grim Dawn, it's a good game.
I award you the /vrpg/ Golden Bridge, direct from my Magical Realm.
>>
>>3393766
In my experience, if you want to be powerful at all you need to specialize because there just aren't enough skill points to go around. Some skills go up to fucking 16 and have up to three add-on skills. But when I look at optimal builds they seem to have random numbers in a lot of skills, cause they build around endgame gear and they count the +skill items and modifiers precisely.
So there's depth to it. The character I just made uses drain essence and that's pretty much it, but I was happy about it because I could max all the skills I wanted.
>>
>>3396399
>Trials of Mana remake
This game sucks. You just mash, and it has no customization until the end when you still mash then just nuke everything. Visually yes, very nice.
>>
>>3388548
Why do you say it's the worst? Yeah it might not have the best graphics, but the gameplay is deep.
>>
most overrated arpg: grim dawn. fags will argue day and night about it like morrowind.
>>
>2024
>I am forgotten
>even in threads about me, fags just cry about Grim Dawn instead of talking about me
>>
>>3396801
D2: 24 mentions
Diablo: 31 mentions
Grim Dawn: 95 mentions
>>
>>3396827
>Grim Dawn: 95 mentions
80% of those being one deranged shitposter.
>>
>>3396838
>80% of those being one deranged shitposter.
wtf I love Grim Dawn now
>>
ASTLIBRA Revision, E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen would be my personal favorites in the genre, though if we're talking about diablo styled games specifically then probably Grim Dawn or Nioh 2 if that counts.
>>
File: 20240220_124219.jpg (1023 KB, 2400x1800)
1023 KB
1023 KB JPG
>>3389838
Of course, DS3 is the best.
>>3388186
>>3388199
>>3388529
Thx anons, bought(ed) it.
>>
>>3388199
Not going to defend 2006 graphics overmuch but the opening areas of GD are a lot uglier than the dlcs, and they get progressively better until the final dlc which is quite nice.

It was similar in LE until they redid the opening area before 1.0 launch.
>>
>>3388165
>never played arpgs before, don't enjoy click to move in mobas so assume I'll hate them
>try poe
>love it
>favorite game I've played in years
>diablo on sale, buy the set
>love 3 and 4, filtered hard by 2 (even the remaster)
what are some modern arpgs that are similar to the above? I'm excited for poe2, but don't know much else about the genre
>>
>>3397518
try last epoch, try WH40k, try wolcen.

if you dont care about 3d graphics try ghostlore, or chronicon.

torchlight 2 and grim dawn for modding potential
>>
>>3397518
they are all the same, retard.
>>
>>3397518
>love 3 and 4, filtered hard by 2 (even the remaster)
Gross.
>>
>>3397561
It's too dated for my tastes. It might be a better game but I'm too adhd, and 3/4 have pretty fun gameplay plus let me swap between specs instantly
>>
File: E6-nRKiWEAg6Mc1.jpg (268 KB, 1808x1808)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>3394778
Terranigma has a successor and its name is CrossCode. That game is probably the best game I ever played.
>>
>>3397665
Yeah, I fell for that bait.
I still cry for those wasted 8 euros, or whatever the fuck it was on sale.
>>
>>3397674
mind explaining why?
>>
File: CDPizBkVAAAUmEH.jpg large.jpg (1.95 MB, 3792x3792)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
>>3397693
NTA, I've got like 30 hours on crosscode but never beat it. I love everything about it besides the puzzles, and the game is filled to the brim with tedious puzzle rooms one after the other.

Made me drop the game.
>>
>>3398073
very understandable. I can see the puzzles not being for everyone especially with the amount of them in the game
>>
>>3398073
Ain't that that game with characters borrowed from other franchises? I remember Zoe from League of Legends being copipasted there unless I'm confusing something.
>>
File: Screenshot_10.png (823 KB, 718x449)
823 KB
823 KB PNG
>>3398537
yes it's that game
>>
>>3396801
>season six tomorrow btw
Fucking game always came with like six CDs, id always lose one and need to re-buy it.
>>
>>3398548
*laughs in 1.44 MB floppies*
>>
>>3398546
Oh god...
>>
>>3396827
>>3396838
qrd on grim dawn
>>
>>3398757
>qrd on grim dawn
It is the spiritual successor to Diablo 2, a throne that Blizzard left vacant. It is a fun and good game. If you like ARPGs, give it a try. It's old and it's getting a new DLC soon so it'll likely go on sale for cheap. Ignore the filtered shitter crying about it in these threads.
>>
>>3396801
Just play Grim Dawn's D1+D2 mod :)
>>
Titan Quest was pretty good
I could never get into Grim Dawn for some reason but TQ got me hooked till the end, though I bet it's mostly because I really like the setting and killing mythological creatures is more fun than generic zombies/daemons
>>
>>3395150
>STOP HAVING FUN!
>RRRREEEEEE
>>
Any good Diablo 2 mod that are still alive?
>>
>>3398548
>season six
And again fucking nothing, why they do seasons if they don't do anything or add anything?
>>
grim dawn sucks
>>
>>3402736
path of diablo and median and project diablo 2 are still going afaik
>>
>>3403797
All arpgs suck and they were sort of replaced by mmos in terms of their actual function. Anyone who is playing an arpg in the current year is probably extremely retarded.
>>
>>3403803
so which ones do you play, retard-kun?
>>
>>3403806
I don't play any arpgs any more. I played diablo 1 and 2 when they came out with people online, then warcraft 3, then vanilla wow, then got out before the blizzard pipeline got really bad. These games basically exist to make friends. Like when the classic wow re-release came out I made like 10 new friends within the first hour and we played and talked together for the entire month before I woke up and realized how stupid it was and quit again. Basically, if you want to get friends really easily blizzard games are like a casual backdrop where that can be accomplished really easily even if you're a complete loser that's hated by everyone everywhere else, but somehow people have mistaken their chore simulators as actual gameplay somehow and just play them alone. It's really mind boggling.
>>
>>3403813
so you played wow because you were lonely and unlikable? lol
>>
>>3403834
Let's not pretend like you have friends if you're playing offline diablo alone all night.
>>
>>3403837
i've never played an mmo in my life or socialized in a video game because i already have real friends. don't recommend playing any game all night though, shit is bad for you.
>>
>>3403803
>this opinion

>>3403813
>is held by this person

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>>3403837
>thinks friends are a rare occurance
just stop
>>
Are these games anything more than running down hallways spamming aoe and sifting through marginally better loot? I've beaten Diablo 1 last year and it wasn't so much that, but mostly due to how simple it was. And I remember liking Diablo 2 as a kid, but I never got far enough nor knew what builds were back then.
>>
>>3403910
>Are these games anything more than running down hallways spamming aoe and sifting through marginally better loot?
Nope.
>>
I'll save this thread
>>
>>3388165
>Diablo 2
Vanilla is fun but mods like Reign of Shadow and Reaper of Souls take the genre to new heights.

>Grim Dawn
Wasn't a big fan of Grim Dawn, way too long and the same skill gets boring quickly. Still very enjoyable while it lasts with fun class mixing, factions. Also didn't enjoy the rainbow vomit on my screen from all the effects.

>PoE
Campaign is fun, never bothered with end game, didn't want to sink too much time into it. Very excited for PoE2

>Diablo 4
Diablo 4s itemization is so fucking bad it kills the game entirely. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have aspects unlocked through dungeons? Kills any excitement for loot. The skill tree is deceptively simple.
>>
>>3398073
same here. it is really good, has a lot of polish and charme in every area. BUT i really cant stand the puzzles. it's the kind of puzzles where you dont really feel smart or satisfied completing them, just annoyed that it even took that long.
the part where you have to do 3 fucking temples in a row made me drop the game. even though i really wanted to see the rest
>>
>>3388185
>Diablo 2 was meh for me
I don't know what to prescribe tasteless bozos.
>>
>>3388217
>I find all ARPGs ugly
thoughts discarded.
>>
>>3407577
I accept your concession.
>>
>>3407575
Try a good game, if you know any.
>>
Eastern Sun was peak D2.
>>
>>3388210
Weird as fuck because GD has only gotten better over time.
Meanwhile early PoE was much more fun than current PoE.
>>
>>3407599
>Eastern Sun was peak D2.
For me, it's vanilla w/ Plugy
>>
What ARPG should I play?
Grim Dawn or Diablo 2 or Diablo 4 or Last Epoch or PoE or Titan Quest?
I really want the Necromancer Experience™, but I don't want to go the "5000 hours grind for 0.001% drop mega epic legendary boots of faggotry to make the build useful" route, nor do I want a game where I have to keep with the meta for the endgame.
>>
>>3407753
ARPG pro tip
Play single player, cheat yourself the unique items that would be thematically appropriate for your build. Figure out what they would cost if you bought them from the merchant, and then deduct that gold from your character, like you just bought it fair and square. Enjoy playing the game without grinding for rare drops like a teenager.
>>
I am really enjoying Victor Vran right now
>>
>>3407753
if you are going to play the just the campaign of any arpg, you don't have to grind. loot grind is for those who enjoy that sort of thing.
>>
>>3407753
Peak necro is D2 and PoE. D4 has game play for a minion Necro and TQ isn't the game for minions. I think Beastmaster is the better minion build in LE, and I've never played GD so I can't offer insight there. D2 doesn't require any gear that you would also be farming for other builds, and PoE you can do it without any uniques but you may need to farm certain color/slot combos. LE needs a unique for squirrels but you can target farm that easily.
>>
It's been a decade and I am still butthurt that retards on this site tried to convince me Torchlight was good
>>
>>3407999
Torchlight 1 was good for what it was. 2 sucked ass at following up on it.
>>
>>3408219
I agree with this anon. I loved T1, dropped T2, but I never tried T3.

Anyway...
I started Grim Dawn, only a few hours in, didn't play much (killed Krieg) and I still don't know if I like it or not. Call me petty, but I'm annoyed with how often rare drops are but most of them are shit.
Say, is there a transmog option in this game, or whatever it's called. You know, when you can change the visual look of your equipment without chaning their properties.
>>
>>3408293
yes, it's called an illusionist. the big thing with grim dawn that is different is the Monster Infrequents, green items that drop from specific enemies and have unique item modifiers for certain skills, this along with faction gear allows you to make a deterministic build and not rely strictly on drops. game took a while to grow on me as well, you really have to take a character to 100 and beyond to get a feel for it.
>>
Anyone who's played Last Epoch on total shit hardware, how is it?

I'm a dirt poor student with a 1070 I bought and shoved into my build ages ago. Reasonably viable, or pointless to bother?

For what it's worth, I'm able to play D4 at near max settings at 50-60~ FPS, if that is comparable at all.
>>
>>3408580
I'm playing LE on an MX150 with 2gb of VRAM. As long as I keep graphics on medium and turn off some of the hungrier settings it works fine. Definitely losing frames here and there though.
>>
>>3408547
Sweet!
Thank you, anon.
>>
File: Devotion_Fullscreen.jpg (270 KB, 1200x1174)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>3388185
Grim Dawn either has you spamming auto attacks or running in circles because your pet gear doesn't let you take or do any damage. The skills are pretty simple but the second character building mechanic is this constellation menu (it's kind of like PoE) and it's a clusterfuck. Trying to build anything with it feels like programming an insane sorting algorithm because it is demanded that you constantly respec for example you'll put points into "low" tier constellations to unlock later ones, then respec the old points and put them into newer ones. Just trying to read the fucking thing is a chore already.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.