[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Squeenix and other Japanese studios are reporting historically massive losses while Falcom is posting record sales and profits. Really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>3484861
Haha...
>>
>>3484861
Lots of Jap studios are doing great though? Look at Atlus - doing crazy sales with both Persona 3 Reload and Unicorn Overlord. And they've got even more shit coming down the pipeline this year with Metaphor: ReFantazio.
Like they're on track to do fantastic
>>
>>3484861
Sold two dozens copies. Record breaking high for Falcom
>>
>>3484861
Overstretching. Key is to manage your budget and have realistic sales expectations. Squeenix has always wanted Call of Duty numbers for their cored games.
>>
>>3484861
turns out that if you chase garbage audiences by trying to pander to trends that died a decade ago you won't sell shit. the retard in charge of squeenix got into nfts, for fuck's sake. how stupid and gullible could you be?
>>
>>3484861
>Falcom is posting record sales and profits
Yeah I'm sure that the 7% increase in oversea sales will offset the massive drop in the Japan market which consist 80% of their revenue.
Retard.
>>
File: 1677818940039689.webm (20 KB, 510x610)
20 KB
20 KB WEBM
Told y'all falcom would win.
>>
>>3484867
>Look at Atlus
Atlus lost money every single year from 2010 to 2023, with their 2021 fiscal year (ending in 2022) resulting in their lowest loss of ~$2.8 million dollars and their 2022 fiscal year resulting in their first profit in over a decade.
>>
>>3484927
Yeah, on the upturn.
>>
File: file.png (29 KB, 743x459)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
Today, I will remind them.
>>
>>3484988
kek holy shit
>>
>>3484988
I don't think "long running series you need to play ALL the games to get the story" is helping them with the new audience. It becomes a barrier to entry.
>>
>>3484861
>salesfaggotry
/v/ tier thread to be quite desu
that said square hasn't made a good game since like what, the 2000s or the 2010s? they should make a classic finfan for a change whenever they get around to 17
>>
File: 1691824125570757.png (25 KB, 439x391)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>3485016
>that said square hasn't made a good game since like what, the 2000s or the 2010s?
You're objectively wrong.
>>
>>3484988
This should be a bar chart, not a line graph. There's no actual rising or falling between the discrete categories (games) on the x-axis. There's a discrete y value (number of sales) for each game. It could also be represented by points but people can't help themselves and need to fill in the space between points by drawing lines.
>>
>>3484861
Falcom is a literal who small studio to whom one million sales would be a massive fucking hit
Square is a bloated megacorpo that barely puts food on the table with 10 million sales
They are not the same
>>
>>3484902
the worst selling squeenix game still sells more than the biggest falcom success
>>
Makes sense desu. I buy a lot of Falcom games, I barely touch SE games and regret it when I do (fell for the Nier shilling for example.)
>>
>>3485135
Correct. Octopath Traveler 1 sold 3 million copies by 2022. Octopath Traveler 2 sold over 1 million copies in 3 months, this at full retail price. Trails numbers are bloated by the humble bundle games from a few years back, which bumped Sky FC to above 500k. Falcom games, however, have no budgets at all and are made for the lowest common denominator shiteaters on the planet and even that demographic is dwindling as shown in the chart above.
>>
File: 1689295499372988.webm (133 KB, 360x354)
133 KB
133 KB WEBM
>Falcoomers have one of their games sell 10K instead of 2K
>OMG WE'RE WINNING BROS WE'RE SO FUCKING BACK FUCK SQUENIX
Even if you'd call yourself a fan I have no idea why you'd care about post Vantage Master Falcom since it's the epitome of a ship of theseus, they made nothing but trash with some rare spike of mediocrity with things like Xanadu NEXT.
>>
>>3485216
Xanadu Next is a a shitty diablo clone, stop bringing it up in every thread dumb little kid
>>
>this thread
SE-fags are very bizarre. Why do they want SE to be the only "JRPG" publisher in the world?
>>
>>3485257
>objective reality bad!
>schizo delusions good!
>>
>>3484861
That sucks, well never again get good games, they all should be reporting losses.
>>
>>3485277
Yes, this also holds for SE-fags desu. The question is: Why? Why are they so devoted to the company?
>>
>>3485019
You're journijectively wrong
>>
>>3485282
It applies to you. Assess what your role in this thread is and has been and why you're so anti-SE and pro, let's say, pro-Falcom.
>>
>>3485220
It is, and even that is better than dumpster fires like Tokyo Xanadu or any of the Kiseki games, let alone Ys.
Falcom stopped being a good company when they started making PS2 games, but by then most of the staff that made the good stuff was gone and only the dregs remained, and honestly even most of their output in their heyday wasn't all that good.
>>
>>3484861
I thought everyone was fatigued with Trails by now and Ys X still hasn't gotten its international release, so yes, it does.
>>
>>3484988
Back when I was in the falcom discord, a majority of people were not happy about how CS4 turned out. In fact i saw some not so positive Japanese reviews of it on Amazon
>>
>>3484927
Winning despite loosing.
Huh.
>>
>>3484861
>[Good News]
Although we already knew this from the upcoming release schedule. Looking forward to TX2
>>
>>3485015
Yeah, I would've played Kuro if it was 1, max 3 games for the whole story. I'm not playing 12+ games though, fuck that shit, it's all 90% filler anyway.
>>
>>3485135
They're so successful that all their projects are getting cancelled and their CEO is saying they're going to stick only to AAA goyslop. LMAO!
>Verification not required.
>>
>>3485282
Is the same reaction of all dying entities. They start to get more violent and incoherent as they fell the end draws near.
>>
>>3485456
The word filler is meaningless in the mouths of zoomers
>>
>>3485287
Everyone is fatigued. "Exceeding expectations" means they generated 5% more income based on the 15k total sales across like 30 different releases on every platform combined. Falcom's a no budget dev. Their games are literally fundamentally designed for bottom feeders to line their pockets.
>>
>>3484861
Turns out it's easier to make a profit when you don't spend hundreds of millions of dollars and development time. They're not selling more they're spending less.
>>
File: Brandish art.jpg (640 KB, 1280x1812)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
Port Brandish to steam you fucks!!
>>
Bummer
>>
>>3484861
>write incredible material that is consistent
>design encounters with incredible tightness, even giving multiple difficult options and succeeding at each difficulty setting
>develop unique and high-quality art for both characters and environments
That is why they are succeeding despite having no marketing whatsoever.
>>
File: laughing rangas.gif (742 KB, 200x200)
742 KB
742 KB GIF
>>3485729
>Believing ANY of that is true
>>
File: battle.webm (2.85 MB, 960x540)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>unique and high-quality art for both characters and environments
>>
Kill yourself Falcomschizo. Your retarded Squeenix slop will flop and your games will be cancelled.
>>
>>3485736
>funded by a food coupon in north korea
>>
>>3484861
I'm glad to see it
>>
>>3484861
did gacha shit and woke Sqeeenix fail?
>>
>>3484988
peak was COLD STEEL!!! 2 ?
>>
>>3485019
I believe some were talking about sales, not rating/scores.
>>
>>3485784
Okay so here's a thing people sort of overlook. A current installments sales are often directly related to the response or success of the previous installment. So Cold Steel 1 was riding high off the previous games and did well so Cold Steel 2 got a boost. Then however Cold Steel 2 was reacted to would influence CS3 and so on and so forth till you're in a never ending spiral of suck. It's why it can be very hard to bounce back.
>>
>>3485881
>expert anon sales analysis
lmfao
Funniest shit is seeing anons who haven't even sold 10 dollars worth of product talking about market analysis
>>
>>3485871
He literally said they hadn't made a good game in decades, when they just released one of the highest rated games in the genre.
>>
>>3484861
>Big company wastes enormous amounts of money in stupid shit, doesn't recover the money spent.
>Small company does it's thing and sells more than usual due all the people big companies are bouncing out with their shit.
It's not that hard.
It's the magic of not being retarded in unsustainable ways.
>>
>>3485784
Cold Steel 2 is an amazing game desu, I'm not surprised. Also, it's a fair point to jump off because you feel like the saga is over. Going into CS3 is essentially jumping in for another long ride. It is also a KINO ride but it is long nonetheless and some people prefer more variety in what they play.
>>
>>3486183
>It's the magic of not being retarded in unsustainable ways.
Yeah, but being retarded is easier, so fuck your magic.
>>
>>3485881
>He thinks that CS2 is solely responsible and for the sharp drop and not CS3 itself being dogshit
No one asked for a game that was essentially an inferior rehash of CS1.
>>
>>3484861
rean-sama, I kneel..
>>
>>3484927
They must spent their money on crack because they sure dont spend it on games
>>
File: always-defeated.jpg (44 KB, 350x450)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>3484927
>Atlus lost money every single year from 2010 to 2023
Fucking hell, really?
>>
File: 20230903171546_1.jpg (1.36 MB, 3840x2160)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>3484861
Falcom is doing what the Final Fantasy used to do back in the 90s, which is release a new entry every year. There is always a Trails game to play and talk about, and if you've somehow played them all, then fortunately the next one is coming right around the corner to discuss. This keeps the fandom engaged and growing, whereas franchises like Final Fantasy goes almost a decade between releases and people run out of things to talk about and leave, and if a bad FF game releases then there is no game around the corner coming to wash the bad taste out of your mouth, so the fandom sours.

>>3485296
I too was very disappointed by CS4 failing to deliver on the cataclysmic world war that had been hyped up, but the franchise still has several merits to me. I like the aesthetics, the soundtracks, the unique early modern Europe setting with magitek mechas and airships, I like the nobles in trenchcoats and cravats who practice shounen anime swordsmanship. I like the turn based combat and character building. There isn't much out there that appeals to me. World of Warcraft, the occassional one off JRPG release like Monochrome Mobius or Granblue Fantasy Relink, and... that's it.

>>3485729
>>design encounters with incredible tightness
Kuro no Kiseki boss fights are certainly not tight. I played on nightmare and there was no design on any of the boss fights except one, Melchior who throws out the mines, but unlike Comrade C's fight in CS1 there is no threat here that forces you to pop S-crafts to burn them down or move away or bulk up your defenses to survive it, so you can just ignore the mines.
>>
>>3485287
This isn't about quality so much as it is about proving a point.
>>
>>3487589
>I too was very disappointed by CS4 failing to deliver on the cataclysmic world war that had been hyped up, but the franchise still has several merits to me
New player here. Should I be worried?
>>
File: The Hundred Days War.png (301 KB, 639x398)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>3487969
Ignore the overarching storyline and play whichever individual games appeal to you for their own merits. Characters, aesthetics, combat, etc. Some of the games have a good standalone stories (namely Trails in the Sky FC, Trails in the Sky the 3rd, and the first two Trails of Cold Steel games). Don't fall for the Trails cultist's hype that you have to play this 1,000+ hour long series in order.
>>
>>3487969
Just play the games and decide for yourself desu
I simply ignore the /fg/ schizo but you can listen to him if you want.
>>
>>3485736
it looks like an MMO gameplay vid from the mid 10's lol
>>
>>3488263
Falcolm wishes they had that kind of money.
>>
File: cover-xanadumsx.jpg (119 KB, 535x799)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
can we get a new dragon slayer? no not tokyo xanadu I want dragon slayer
>>
>>3485019
why use this as a pic when you could've used automata instead
>>
>>3484861
Haha...
>>
>>3485072
i don't think anyone misinterprets it.
>>
>>3485784
It's the last game on a dedicated handheld.
>>
>>3487589
>There is always a Trails game to play and talk about, and if you've somehow played them all, then fortunately the next one is coming right around the corner to discuss.
If you mean in Japan, then yes, but the Kuro loc gap in the west (among other things) has the fanbase looking like a dismal graveyard compared to CS3/4 era where there was a shitton of activity and hype
>>
>>3488374
Trails is part of Dragon Slayer VI.
>>
>>3484861
What does Falcom make?
>>
>>3489868
RPG and Action RPG on a controlled budget.
>>
>>3489873
Franchises? Any good?
>>
>>3489883
Beyond what Google and Wikipedia can tell you, currently just Ys, which is in a shaky state. Most of their games up until the late 2000s (when they transitioned from PC to consoles) are good.
>>
>>3489894
Isn't Ys that dumb one where you just run into things to kill them?
Is that really even an RPG?
>>
>>3489900
Ys moved on from bump combat over 20 years ago.
>>
>>3489900
Only 3 games use that combat system, but what makes you think it's dumb? And yes.
>>
>>3489903
Super Mario Bros could figure out pressing a button to attack and it's not even an RPG.
>>
>>3484927
how is fatlus still a thing?
>>
>>3489924
Persona and SMT have well indoctrinated customer bases.
>>
>>3485220
>diablo clone
try playing it sometime, since you obviously haven't, retard
>>
>>3485736
honestly, as trash tier as this looks now, is exactly how trast tier the legend of heroes 1 and 2 looked when they came out, the series has been cursed from the beginning and falcom's approach has been to lean inti it and just make it even more cursed with each iteration
>>
>>3488374
no because dragon slayer dude hasn't been at falcom in 3 decades, legend of heroes was so fucking bad that it KILLED the dragon slayer franchise
>>
File: IMG_0522.jpg (108 KB, 1080x1192)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>3489912
bump combat is better tbdesu. also theres another series they make but youve prolly never heard of it
>>
>>3488263
Well it's a modified version on a mid-10s handheld game engine, so...
>>
File: 1712905855647613.webm (1.25 MB, 1000x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB WEBM
>>3489900
>Isn't Ys that dumb one where you just run into things to kill them
No lol
https://youtu.be/QyBOClbJmX4?si=XHUtf809G4gAubXr
>>
>>3489868
Kiseki, the greatest game series of all time
And Ys, the second greatest game series of all time.
And Tokyo Xanadu Ex+, an extremely strong stand-alone game.
>>
>>3489970
This is bump system erasure.
>>
Falcom is just so so bad. I understand that squeenix is bad but at least we have dragon quest 11.
>>
File: 20240517002126_1.jpg (354 KB, 1920x1080)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
I've been playing through Trails in the Sky and, to no one's surprise, its actually pretty excellent, and with the amount of detail that has gone into designing environments and NPCs, in addition to a fun and challenging combat system, its not shocking to see why this was considered the definitive best JRPG to release on the PSP and the flagship title to lead the charge of finally returning JRPGs to the PC, and has spawned so many games in its wake.
>>
>>3490097
Enjoy the immense KINO anon, it only gets better as you go on.
>>
>>3490087
Anon, that was almost 7 years ago.
>>
>>3490087
Average /fg/ poster.
>>
>>3490097
Trails In The Sky will never be matched, most of the people who made it left Falcom during the Crossbell games.
>>
Posting in a cultist thread.
>>
>>3490602
Average /fg/ poster.
>>
>>3490614
Average /fg/ shitposting thread. Lots of schizo takes.
>>
>>3490592
I'm really not sure I can take posts like this seriously after all the posts crying about nu-Ys which turned out to be excellent, so I guess I will just find out for myself.
>>
>>3490694
Have you played the games before 7 and any nu-Ys besides 8 to understand what exactly people are dissatisfied with?
>>
>>3490698
Yes I played all of them.
>>
>>3490699
So 7, Celceta, and 9 are excellent? What exactly are people dissatisfied with and how do those qualities not hold the games back?
>>
>>3490701
>What exactly are people dissatisfied with
It's not exactly the same as the old games.
>how do those qualities not hold the games back
I actually played the old games instead of just pretending, so I'm not a larper retard addicted to being offended.
>>
>>3490703
You didn't answer the first question because you know the premise of excellence is absurd. Your inability to engage in dialectic, even something as simple as pointing out the objective differences between the games, exposes you as an offended larper.
>>
>>3490709
>You didn't answer the first question
Yes I did and you're the autistic retard that insists on fallaciously framing everything he dislikes in incredibly dishonest ways. Go back to crying about bg3. You have nothing interesting to add to any discussion here, or anywhere else really.
>>
>>3490713
So you're suggesting I wasn't mistaken in interpreting the suggestion that nu-Ys is excellent as including 7, Celceta, and 9 as excellent? I asked some straightforward questions to understand where you were coming from, then when you responded with first a meaningless bluff then a strawman (i.e. framing something you dislike in a dishonest way) rather than anything regarding the content of the games themselves, I pointed out the rhetorical shortcomings. I'm being exceedingly straightfoward on purpose to counterbalance your vagueness. What does BG3 have to do with Falcom?
>>
>>3490720
>I pointed out the rhetorical shortcomings
No, you pooped your diaper when I said the games weren't bad. Then you asked me to tell you why they WERE bad, and pooped your diaper for a second time when I did not participate in you asinine behavior. You continue to not post a single argument. This is your last reply.
>>
>>3490724
Reread >>3490701
>how do those qualities not hold the games back?
Beyond never suggesting anyone thought the games fall into simple terms of good and bad, your interpretation is basically the opposite of what I actually asked. Take a moment to compare the diaper pooping you're imagining to the objective facts, then consider how that makes you look.
>>
Anon, your diaper is already full. Go change it and try again tomorrow after a long think about how much you fucked up today.
>>
>>3490694
Falcom simply has some very strange schizos that hate them for...existing? I am not sure how else to explain it. Maybe it is because Falcom is well-cherished by its fans.
>>
>>3490769
>Maybe it is because Falcom is well-cherished by its fans.
The average Falcom "fan" barely knows shit about the company outside of Trails and a handful of Ys games.
>>
It's Trails fags that are the problem. Dumbasses who actually buy into this endless train of half complete games under the guise of it being a rich world building and ongoing saga when it's about dozen games in to do what most any series would do in three. And they don't get the problem. They're happy to sit their and lap up OUR SHINING BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP AND TEEN SPIRIT!
>>
>>3490870
>It's Trails fags that are the problem.
Nah, they're fine.
>>
>>3490870
Average /fg/ poster.
>>
>>3484861
You can make more money selling AA games at AAA prices.
>>
>>3490123
>>3490614
>>3490955
Is this a bot or just a schizo?
>>
>>3490870
kek, it's amazing how much pure unfiltered seethe that trails causes
>>
>>3490971
Schizo bot.
>>
File: 20240518133235_1.jpg (506 KB, 1920x1080)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
Finished the prologue, still having great fun. I really like the quartz system and the side quests are interesting enough that I actually did all of them. The whole crime scene investigation bit was cute.
>>
>>3490971
It's a Falcomfag.
>>
>>3490870
>do what most any series would do in three
Virtually every standalone JRPG does more in 1 game than Trails does in 12+.
>>
File: 1714278171761709.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>3491635
>Virtually every standalone JRPG does more in 1 game
Does what exactly? What is the goal of a JRPG? To shove as much superficial jung theory and chuuni tropes down your throat as possible until you get arbitrarily get to the end and kill god?
>>
>>3485220
>Xanadu Next is a a shitty diablo clone
kill yourself retard
>>
>>3484861
What does it even matter that Falcom makes profits, the fuckers are like Nintendo in that they take all that cash and just fucking sit on it or invest it. They don't bother to spend any of it on making their games bigger.
>>
>>3491644
He's right though lmao
>>
File: irjouhou.png (140 KB, 1174x766)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>3484905
They are in fact making more money overall.
>>
>>3491640
To make a believable world and tell a complete story. Trails does neither. FF6 is a 15 hour long game if you know where to go and it's both more memorable and complete than the 12 combined Trails games so far.
>>
>>3491658
I don't think you ever played a trails game.
>>
>>3491659
I've played 10 of 12.
>>
>>3491660
Then you either have severe brain damage and don't think about what you consume, as you are desperately avoiding explaining your reasoning, or you're lying. Like you're not gunna see someone do a Trails playthrough here and explain why its bad as they go along, because under examination its an excellent series. Its always some brown ESL turd worlder screeching about vague things.
>>
>>3491667
Sounds like you're a retarded EOP who only experienced the shitty localizations. I'm sorry for you.
>>
>>3491667
10 games of literally nothing happening, my guy. It's a series for the severely brain damaged.
>>
File: 20240518134407_1.jpg (477 KB, 1920x1080)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
I don't see how "nothing happens" so far. Just in the prologue alone the coming of age protagonists have advanced from rookie bracers and stopped a royal jewel heist. This is stuff happening. I'm very confused as to what the complaint is.
>>
>>3491679
>I'm very confused as to what the complaint is.
Its a retarded shitskin that doesn't understand how narrative and gameplay go together.
>>
>>3491679
FC is an otome slice of life game where nothing happens until the last 30 minutes. Repeat for 50 hours in the sequel, then a filler dungeon crawler interspersed with cutscenes of nothing happening that was cut from the previous games. Then there's Zero where you go to a hospital and then to some ruins and it ends. Then there's Azure where Putin's army kill a few people in a basement and you go to a floating in space dungeon to have power level autism standoffs with anime archetypes until you face god and then the game abruptly ends. Then there's the harem slice of life school simulator for 5 games where miraculously nothing happens other than an empty fort blowing up and more fufuing about things you don't understand, as if there's a plan written by anyone, even though Falcom just wings it. Truly compelling stuff, sure to incite severe degrees of cultism.
>>
>>3491684
>FC is an otome slice of life game where nothing happens until the last 30 minutes
How is stopping a jewel heist "nothing happens"? You are avoiding the question.
>>
>>3491688
That is effectively nothing. The biggest happening is a school play and a time skip.
>>
>>3491690
>That is effectively nothing.
How is it nothing? With each job completed the kids learn more about their occupation and how to be an adult, relationships are forming, we're learning more about the world, etc. This is what good narrative looks like, and these small adventures are plenty interesting.
>>
>>3491697
A collection of slice of life events in an otome game does not count as happenings. FC is one of the most dull JRPGs ever created.
>>
>>3491698
>A collection of slice of life events
As soon as they stop the jewel heist the following happens:
>The protagonists graduate from rookie to junior bracers, and find out to become pros they must travel the continent visiting bracer guilds in each region and proving themselves to each.
>An airship disappears without a trace, which was transporting their father.
These are significant plot beats. No sane person could argue that they aren't.
>>
>>3490870
You're honestly not wrong, the fact that the Ourobouros plot has STILL not advanced after this many games is laughable. As you say, in any other series they would be wrapped up in a game or two, three at most. Trails just constantly stalls out most of its storylines, and the ones it does actually finish (Erebonia Civil War) end up being poorly executed and unsatisfying garbage. Maybe that's why they keep holding off on finishing storylines, they've realized that what their fans imagination as to the future of any given storyline is far better than anything they can actually write.
>>
File: 1241353.png (395 KB, 829x829)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>3484861
Kiseki is the Ultimate JP-KINO
>>
>>3491715
Why are you replying to yourself?
>>
>>3484905
Low IQ post.
>>
The entire reason Trails is so great is that nothing ever happens.
>>
I'm cautiously optimistic for YseX. I hope to have a decent amount of fun.
>>
>>3484927
Back when people still primarily bought their games as discs in boxes, the problem with Atlus games was that they didn’t produce enough discs, so the games were really expensive on the second-hand market.

I would gladly send Atlus $300 for the games I’ve pirated, because they failed to provide a reasonable distribution model.

The trend is likely to continue… If you look at population trends, the future global population is going to be primarily African.

Enjoy the ship while it sinks, pray that they have JRPGs in Heaven.
>>
>>3492255
I can't tell if this post is genuine or not
>>
>>3484890
Didn't Squeenix invest a ton of manpower into unrealized projects? Probably some retarded shit like high budget VR, NFT, and remaking some other games FF7 style that got abandoned.
>>
File: lifagjaif.gif (960 KB, 320x240)
960 KB
960 KB GIF
https://youtu.be/qmandi2nKi4?si=s6fFmhQ5OZrWihWN
>>
>>3493216
They really need to remake trails in the sky. It would be legendary.
>>
Considering Falcom games have a budge of roughly $200 and make a set of assets that are then re-used for three separate sequels, maybe they actually ARE making money.
>>
>>3493832
If you look at their IRs, Falcom does in fact spend very little on game development and most of their funds go into investments which bring them pretty big returns, and they're also sitting on a huge ton of cash money. So yeah, they actually are doing pretty well off.
>>
I'm in Bose and still enjoying Trails. The clock tower part made me sad.
>>
>>3484867
>Unicorn Overlord
Doing well? First I heard about it.
>>
>>3494842
It became the fastest selling Vanillaware game I think. I havent kept up with its current numbers but it did sell 500,000 copies in less than a month. Which is of course
>Big numbers, THAT?
But its good for a really niche RPG from a niche studio.
>>
>>3494822
Those Liberlians deserved it.
>>
starting the first one.
>>
>>3484861
>Square Enix
absolutely retarded company

>falcom
absolutely retarded fanbase that will eat up any reused, low budget asset shit even if it's not good (hasn't been for like a decade sans ys viii)
>>
File: 20240521225412_1.jpg (512 KB, 1920x1080)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
Don't mind me, just escorting a homosexual pervert with a gun to the local market so he can shoplift some wine.
>>
>>3495174
>absolutely retarded fanbase
Only geniuses can understand falcom
>>
>>3484861
Squeenix lost its way. Their biggest fuckup was trying to make FFSI/FFAC and the resulting fuckery that came after it.
Squeenix is also a publisher now and they're like the netflix of Japanese publishers.
>>
File: 20240521230437_1.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>
>>3484861
This is what happens when you give gamers exactly what they want.
>>
>>3491704
Yes, exactly. Nothing happens, then nothing continues to happen. Sky is extremely uneventful. Crossbell is also largely uneventful outside of 2 chapters.
>>
>>3496244 #
If that's what you define as nothing, then a lot more games should focus on the nothing parts. Making the parts that constitute the majority of most RPGs actually good seems like a smart move to me.
>>
>>3491704
That's just setting up the basic motivation for their journey, which is something that basically every JRPG does within the first 2 hours. You haven't really left the starting line yet.
If memory serves me correctly, the next chapter is just dealing with the Capuas again and then Ruan is dealing with Kloe's school play which is often considered to be the dullest part of the game. That's why many people say that nothing happens until Zeiss.
>>
>>3496537
>just dealing with the Capuas again
You mean infiltrating a military base to gather information on them, as well as 2 optional bosses with huge zones to explore.
>>
>>3484861
Who would've thought that spending a modest budget to make games your fans want was a better idea than spending a ludicrous budget on games no one wants?
>>
>>3496620
Given how they're literally sitting on money I wish they'd spend a bit more than a "modest" budget on games that fans want
>>
Why people engage the falcomschizo? Don't you see he's butthurt that Squeenix is failing?
>>
>>3484861
no. it doesnt make me think at all
>>
File: REAN.png (150 KB, 365x380)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
Summer of Rean
Ha of Ha
Soon there will be no more holding back...
>>
File: 20240524001841_1.jpg (486 KB, 1920x1080)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
I love this game.
>>
>>3496969
"Haha... that won't be necessary"
>A Sword of Biting Gale remix starts playing
>>
>>3497176
Oliver is a GOD
>>
>>3496489
You have not played other RPGs if you think something happens in Trails.
>>
>>3484861
>Low budget games
>Pump them out every year
>Port them to all platforms
>Release them worldwide
>Also port old games from the 80's and 90's to all platforms and release them worldwide
>Lease out IP to any random chinese or korean shovelware company that wants to make a gacha with it for some reason
>Take the money made from all that and put them in low risk guaranteed % return back investment programs instead of gambling with it on making more expensive games

Like no shit man, meanwhile "Squeenix and other Japanese studios" take shitty exclusivity deals so that only 10% of the people who want to play their games can and then only port them after the fever is gone and nobody cares, and spend all their profits on shit like developing NFT service games which are killed by legislation and regulations before they even come out.
>>
>>3497282
>>Port them to all platforms
And not just all platforms but release them on all stores too, like you can buy a bunch of the older Ys or Legend of Heroes games from like 4-5 different online stores or stream a fucking cloud version even.

Meanwhile Kingdom Hearts PC was an Epic Store exclusive for like 3 years
>>
>>3497252
You just seem desperate at this point.
>>
Trails sets up a bunch of games with great worldbuilding and setting only to blow it all on LN-pandering "literally me" slop in Coldsteel
>>
>>3497471
What are you going to do when people find out you are wrong?
>>
File: 20240524220659_1.jpg (533 KB, 1920x1080)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
They wrote unique dialogue for every single NPC in this room... Twice...
>>
>>3498329
Yeah, and they all have dialogue prior to and after getting kidnapped, and it's all relevant to their place in the world, this is what Falcom games are like.
>>
>>3494842
I like it.
>>
File: 20240525221251_1.jpg (478 KB, 1920x1080)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
After beating up the Capua family and getting our bracer recommendation in Bose, its off to Ruan, a harbour city turned beach resort. The very orbal technology used in liberating it from the Erebonian empire (of which Olivier is revealed to be a covert operative) was used to develop the area into a seaside tourist trap. There's lots of rich details in the game to be discovered about areas like this, both in regards to its history and current culture, all presented organically, and in the background the machinations of a greater plot slowly reveal themselves as Joshua and Estelle work their way through each region's story, meeting unique and memorable characters along the way.
https://youtu.be/0JZs1nAS2Mc?si=HebuAN1Qno8if3pm
>>
>>3498675
Lots of JRPGs have that, I think it's actually done best in Persona 2
>>
>>3499542
Ruan is comfy af.
>>
>>3499620
>Lots of JRPGs have that,
No they don't. Most RPGs have barebones shitty dialogs.
>in Persona 2
Fuck off with your pretentious moralfaggy dungeon crawler. Call me when Fatlus actually has a good setting with interesting lore. And a single good female character like Estelle.
>>
File: 1705194470741184.jpg (143 KB, 848x1200)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Falcom is run by fertilephobes now
>>3485784
>>3484988
Back then there's pandering for fertilephiles
>>
>>3497282
>>Port them to all platforms
I'm shocked more JRPG devs haven't started doing that years and years ago.
>>
>>3499695
because it's genreally not that straightforward

>xbox
audience seems to lack much interest in jrpgs

>nintendo
smaller devs didn't seem to want to get tangled up with them

>PC
almost a non-entity for gaming in japan for the longest time

it basically only left playstation open to them. you could argue the flood of ports started when valkyria chronicles succeeded on PC.
>>
>>3499692
wdym, half of the female cast in the newest game has huge DD breasts and the other half are cute flatties.
>>
>>3498329
Well, more than that if we’re being honest, because they continue to exist once they’re outside of that room.
>>
>>3499700
I wonder why they only ported 1 and 4. Did 2 and 3 suck or something?
>>
>>3499981
Yes.
>>
>>3500090
They were PSP only, right? Unlike PErsona 1 and 2, good riddance.
>>
The Golden Age of JRPGs is here.
Finally, the long shadow cast by FF is gone. Falcom and Atlus are both releasing very interesting projects in quick succession. Smaller devs are also contributing many titles of note.
>>
File: 1716772399827.jpg (1.49 MB, 3121x4824)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
I want to fuck the ever loving shit out of this dumb slut
>>
>>3500497
FF has been dead since like 2000 dude
>>
>>3500497
>and Atlus
lul
>>
i wish i was a bracer and lived in a steam punk setting with magic.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (847 KB, 960x544)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
>>3495175
oh hey you are at the same part I am in
>>
The fact Square had the gall to even release a shoddy mess like the picture included means they are washed up
>>
>>3500605
This is the part when the game starts getting good.
>>
>>3500505
>Slut
Estelle is the purest girl ever. Go back, Squeenix pig.
>>
This is the worst false-flag I have seen in a while desu, exceedingly Grim.
>>
That sounds great for Falcom but I have no idea what they're doing beyond Y's and when I look at SE I just see a 6 mile high stack of NFTs to be written off.
>>
>>3500760
More Kiseki as well as a new Xanadu game afaik
Not sure if there is anything else in the pipeline, I doubt it
>>
>>3484861
Falcom has a strict budget of roughly $2million per game thats why they can turn profits. They realistically need to sell like 40k games to break even where ever one is paid and then they can move into the next one.
And despite these strict budgets they can still pump out 100+ hour games
>>
>>3500955
Budget doesn't really have anything to do with game length in that sense. You can pad games to an extreme degree by reusing assets. The Persona series is also very long, and it's mostly just recycling the same assets over and over in various ways, like social links all taking place in the same few areas.
>>
>>3500968
Good thing the games don't feel padded yet still have 100 hours of content unlike Persona though.
>>
File: play.png (1.98 MB, 1920x1080)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
https://youtu.be/GB6gg6IiLkY?si=p-_MSjoie5KkV-aQ

The side quests in Ruan subvert expectations. A supposed escort mission turns into a rescue operation because the client left without us, a simply delivery turns into a monster extermination, an honorable mayor of noble blood contrasts with a spoiled duke, etc. The main goal is to investigate an arson case involving the burning down of an orphanage, but surprisingly the protagonists are thrown off the case due to inexperience. Before long Estelle and Joshua find themselves in a private school helping to prepare for a festival and aiding a new friend. Ultimately, they participate in a play that gives some insight on a tumultous period in Liberl's history, and all the resident's of Ruan are here to attend. The entire sequence is very memorable and elaborate, and ends with the duo inadvertantly funding the reconstruction of the ruined orphanage. Very good stuff so far.
>>
What was their expectation? 10 copies?
>>
>>3501585
Profits exceeding their budget, I'd imagine. Trails of Cold Steel sold over 4 million units, by the way. FF7R had a 200 million dollar budget and sold 7 million units, for contrast. I wonder what the budget for Cold Steel was.
>>
>>3501574
Was the cross dressing really necessary?
>>
first game is pretty fun
>>
>>3500631
I tried the game for a few hours and I see why saga never took off mainstream
It's like you're thrown in halfway through someone's JRPG save file and bam, off you go, have fun
I can see why some people like it but it's just so obtuse even with all the tutorial pop ups that interrupt you every so often.
Also the font is really ugly looking for some reason. I'd seriously consider playing more if the font is more bearable
>>
>>3501656
SaGa basically dumps on a bunch of mechanics to appear deep while actually not being deep at all. The majority of its fanbase apparently comes from a gacha game or something now, so there's not much left of the franchise.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (532 KB, 1920x1080)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
The wild ride begins.
>>
>>3501762
the fanbase has always been as low bottomdwellers as gachafags. just look at how they slurp up that mobile menu ass looking shit LOL
i, for one, welcome the Falcom and Atlus era because it means less retardation like Forspoken, Babylon Fall, Final Fantasy 13 through 16 and Emerald Beyond Shit Graphics
>>
File: 1598770948427.jpg (108 KB, 800x546)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>3484861
Haha...
Rean is winning...
>>
>>3499700
>audience seems to lack much interest in jrpgs
Not really, 360 had solid titles like Tales, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, and Lost Odyssey. Microsoft has never had good relations with Japan in general and lost Japanese exclusives.
>>
>>3502584
I say this as somebody who's been playing mainly on Xbox btw moving over to PC. We exist, but the management is poor.
>>
>>3502585
not as poor management as Square Enix lmao
reason jrpgs for 360 died was purely on them too since they threw tantrums like the retards they are
another L for Shit Enix
>>
>>3502553
I accidently clicked this and saw blood, I wonder if the whole no stakes thing is just shitposting.
>>
>>3502661
>he doesn't know
Haha...
You will probably be given many spoilers now so I would vacate the thread if you care about such things (surprisingly there have been few dropped in here so far.)
You will find out for yourself if you try the games is all I will say.
>>
>>3502661
Never believe a thing you see here
>>
File: 20240529053042_1.jpg (447 KB, 1920x1080)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
lol
>>
>>3502713
KINO
>>
Decided to listen to the dub in Reverie. Cheesy but not too bad until the reporter's voice actor comes on. I want to annihilate whoever hires these freaks. You know its a man. You know its an ugly man pretending to be a woman. Sometimes weebs are right.
>>
File: 20240529234941_1.jpg (630 KB, 1920x1080)
630 KB
630 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/k9kvtsdIZTQ
>>
>>3503580
A classic
>>
>>3485019
>What if FF7...had LE MULTIVERSE?
Fuck that entire project.
>>
>>3500631
sagashitters are the literal worst
just listen to this crybaby shill >>3503838
>>
File: Joshua_fc_princess.png (479 KB, 1000x1000)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>3503515
>>
>>3503891
What's your intent with this pic? Trans freaks are played for laughs in Japan, usually. Him crossdressing the one time doesn't matter to me cause he's a guy who knows he's a guy. Supposed to be a pretty boy anyway and Japan goes crazy for them. What I don't like is hiring real life freaks and youtuber bugs like YongYea.
>>
>>3503515
Someone please explain the weeb dichotomy to me though.
So as we know, JRPGs are blessedly woke free for the most part. This is why I myself tolerate the heavy weeb presence on this board. I believe many of them are more like myself, old school otakus that were also into Gar back in the day instead of this modern moeblob shit.
However, it is weebs that are most likely to troon out and become woke crusaders.
My theory is that after a lifetime spent escaping in anime, their mind shatters when they find there is no place for them as a man in the western world. It contrasts so hard with the false reality they escape to that they become what they were trying to escape from all along: pussies.
>>
>>3503515
I wouldn't even both with dubs when characters like Altina were made to be voiced by specific Japanese seiyuu
>>
>>3504067
Please redo your sentence for me and explain.
>>
>>3504030
>Him crossdressing the one time
So it's okay to be a pretty girl if it's just once in awhile?
>>
>>3484861
>Squeenix
With them in particular in recent years their games are having excessively long development times with massive budgets. Falcom knows they don't have Final Fantasy levels of mainstream appeal and they budget appropriately for a company their size with their kind of sales numbers hence large recycling of assets and use of the same engine from CS1 up to Reverie (not sure if Kuro 1 still uses PhyreEngine). Their fans aren't expecting Final Fantasy levels of production values because they know Falcom does not have that kind of budget.
>>
>>3504215
What does any of this have to do with his post?
>>
>>3504214
Gag lmao hes crossdressing video game character vs real live ugly freak fetishist who wants to be a woman are different things. I don't want to hear some closeted freak try to mimic a woman.
>>
>>3504282
>Gag lmao
It's not a gag. Did you play the game?
>>
>>3504302
Yeah I did. It's a gag. Not in the situation of the play with the reverse roles though. Pretty boy crossdressing or macho man crossdressing as a bit has been a gag for a long time now used in all sorts of media.
It's always used as humor or laugh at the male character dressing like a woman. The gag is there but not explicitly told. Joshua being hesitant to be shown is for comedic effect.
>>
>>3504329
>Joshua being hesitant to be shown is for comedic effect.
He does a whole play, what are you talking about. The entire school crossdresses in a play for fun.
>>
>>3504331
Of course he does a whole play? It's still a gag. Go watch the scene again where he walks out in front of the girls for the first time. That's the gag. His clear discomfort and hesitance is played for laughs but he eventually takes the play seriously. This has been used in lots of media.
>>
>>3504342
So it's okay to be a pretty girl if you're shy about it at first?
>>
>>3504347
One is a gag used in media to laugh at and one is a REAL mentally ill fetishist wanting to be taken seriously. Very different. Tell me what the intent of your pic was.
>>
>>3504355
>Tell me what the intent of your pic was.
Entrapping Olivier.
>>
>>3504355
Making me cum.
>>
Its so bizarre how you guys keep on bashing Falcom (and Atlus) for......providing you with turn-based low budget games that outsell SE games. If I didn't know any better I'd say you just want to complain and bitch.
>>
>>3504393
>and Atlus
>>
>>3484861
Praise King Kondo
>>
>>3484861
Good games make money??????????????????????????????????
>>
>>3484988
That drop from CS2 to CS3 is insane. Rean's shitty games really did kill this series.
>>
File: 20240601011405_1.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1080)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>
>>3505630
>cs1+2 are the highest selling games
Haha... He saved the series...
>>
Fuck it, I think I'll start playing trails again soon.
>>
>>3505987
Haha...Welcome back
>>
File: 20240602014624_1.jpg (461 KB, 1920x1080)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>
>liked cs3 the most out of what I played(comfy story, fun battles, vastly enjoyed the new class 7 over the old and the Mecha fights)
>Also burned out of the series at cs3
>>
>>3484927
where the hell are you getting your statistics? Are you counting all of Index Holdings (who were posting losses), or just Atlus (which was generally profitable)?
>>
File: 1717346832609538.png (150 KB, 800x800)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>3505987
I am going to continue playing through the whole series.
>>
>>3505987
It's been like 2 years since beating CS4. Wonder if I should replay the series before starting Reverie or wait till Daybreak. I remember characters designs but forgot a lot of names.
>>
>>3505987
>Fuck it, I think I'll start playing trails again soon.
Welcome back Senpai.
>>
>>3507186
Decent time to quit. It only gets worse from there.
>>
>>3507992
>Wonder if I should replay the series before starting Reverie
Reverie is actually kinda shorter then CS4 so you should be good.
>>
>>3508206
cs3 is one of the worst games in the series though so its actually only up from there (until kuro 2 anyway)
>>
File: 3249004-1.png (1.48 MB, 683x960)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>>3484861
>while Falcom is posting record sales and profits. Really makes you think, huh?
Praise Kato san
>>
>>3508243
isn't he like 89 years old? how his he still alive fuck when will die?
>>
>>3508220
CS4 and Reverie do little more than replace CS3's boring filler with crappy writing of their own.
>>
>>3508245
He won't die until trails is finished.
>>
>>3503515
I personally have Rufus and Rean gang as dubs and Crossbell gang in nihongo
>>
>>3504052
Some people love the idealistic european romanticism inspired stories in JRPGs and become literal volkish fascists. Some want to be girl and like the easy-going character interactions and wants a world in which they are accepted by the people around them even if they are weakling themselfs - those troon out.
>>
>>3508243
Kato-sama...I kneel
>>
File: 1716540443189100.jpg (47 KB, 360x360)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>3487589
>I too was very disappointed by CS4 failing to deliver on the cataclysmic world war that had been hyped up, but the franchise still has several merits to me. I like the aesthetics, the soundtracks, the unique early modern Europe setting with magitek mechas and airships, I like the nobles in trenchcoats and cravats who practice shounen anime swordsmanship. I like the turn based combat and character building. There isn't much out there that appeals to me. World of Warcraft, the occassional one off JRPG release like Monochrome Mobius or Granblue Fantasy Relink, and... that's it.
I agree with you but theres one thing above that for me. the writing. Sky had okay writing, it had its flaws, but CHARACTER wise, the main party lands with the possible exception of joshua who gets more or less shoe horned in to make room for NTR man in the beginning. The problem with later games in falcoms franchise is it twists all of those good things into being too much of a monkey paw. theres not enough character growth. the comforting atmosphere is replaced with asset flip modern slop. and the writing and setting is being dramatically changed to fit in ESG grants from blackrock.

Lets be real here. Trails is basically the only TRPG jrpg currently on the market. the rest is all FE clones and the like. Trails has a lot of things going for it that make these downsides acceptable to some, but theyre just not for me. I cant handle it. it sucks that theres no where else to go to but thats all there is to it.
>>
>>3485285
they still have that one chick on music thats OG. shes more of a pencil pusher now but she's largely responsible for the soundtracks still having quality although they lost the 80s and 90s charm big time.
>>
>>3490097
its all downhill from sky fc sadly. SC is still okay but dont expect a good finale.
>>
>>3490720
>>3490713
neither of you niggers are being straightforward, shut the fuck up and talk about the games and stop blowing yourselves. it's obvious which ones the lying baiter because they will make accusations instead of talk about the game.
>>
>>3491679
when people say that they mean "WHERE BIG STORY i want to be CHOSEN WAN what you mean i cant name joshua!!!?!?"
>>
>>3509518
I know for a fact it's not because I played the games before and crossbell is even better.
>>
>>3509526
Crossbell is basically a patlabor simulator
>>
>>3509738
You wish.
>>
File: 1712802933902264.png (159 KB, 392x484)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>3505830
It's interesting that this book ties into a later quest. Reading it is entirely optional and you find it on a treasure hunt of sorts, laid out by a bored scientist playing a prank on the orbal research facility's librarian, where Estelle and Joshua must solve some fairly complicated riddles to retrieve hidden overdue books. Later on, someone steals a confiscated pack of cigarettes from the doctor's office and the only witness is a cat. By buying fresh milk from the general store, you can persuade it to follow you and you can decipher its humorous responses when interrogating suspects, and when said suspects prove innocent, you search the facility itself, uncover a secret room and an unlikely culprit. The entire questline is rather enjoyable as all these NPCs in this factory are greatly detailed and charming to talk to, like a warehouse worker in the basement who is complaining about troubles with her boyfriend and, entirely optionally and without any hint as to where to find this, we can locate him, working as a guardsman at a checkpoint for the next region, and engage in another seperate side quest where we mend their relationship by delivering a letter and figuring out an appropriate gift to accompany it. It's an intricate web of drama displaying the many layers of personalities underneath Liberl's booming industrial center and it's really quite impressive.
>>
>>3484861
haven't played a falcom game (its in my backlog) but
A. I don't give a shit about sales numbers I do not own stock and
B. Squeenix is still the massively bigger and more well known company
>>
>>3504069
nta but he's saying that in many cases in Japanese media, characters are created with a specific voice actor in mind, or even after they've signed the contract with said voice actor, so they are straight up written with that person voicing them as a base for their character and dialogue.
>>
>>3510785
>haven't played a falcom game
you wouldn't get it then
>>
>>3484861
They are the only people left in Japan making decent jrpgs. Maybe level-5 is okay and that's about it.
>>
>>3510759
>laid out by a bored scientist playing a prank on the orbal research facility's librarian, where Estelle and Joshua must solve some fairly complicated riddles to retrieve hidden overdue books. Later on, someone steals a confiscated
thats actually kaito B
>>
>>3504069
he meant to type bother
>>3510801
TL:DR
>>
>>3511706
utawaremono seems to not be shit at least compared to kuso no kiseki. its not western themed though and that could be a deal breaker. also its no longer grid based but a 4 niggas game.
>>
>>3511730
>utawaremono seems to not be shit
It's a VN, not an RPG and it's also long dead
>>
>>3511731
sorry meant to say monochrome mobius, forgot they changed the name of the franchise.
>>
File: 20240606221925_1.jpg (421 KB, 1920x1080)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
Things are heating up again.
>>
File: thatsterror.png (56 KB, 208x241)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>3512404
>>
Is kiseki the greatest rpg series ever made?
>>
>>3512936
Yes
>>
>>3512936
Yes
>>
>>3512936
Yes
>>
I love falcom, I want their games to be liquefied and injected directly into my body.

https://youtu.be/h8CmfRgxvVQ?si=1RkUx15Ijp3rDCfi
>>
File: 20240607230808_1.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>
>>3512936
Y(e)s
>>
>>3512936
100% Yes
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (207 KB, 1280x720)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
Is this the Game that's Like JoJo Part 5? plan on Playing the demo lets of people told me if I liked JoJo part 5 I could start here
>>
>>3513984
does this game have rean in it
>>
>>3484861
I'm pretty sad the Squeenix strategy of making a fuckload of interesting mid-budget games didn't work out. I really wish more studios were doing that, for consumers at least it's by far the best strategy for ensuring that they have good options for games, at least over the model where they each spend a billion dollars on one meh massive game.
>>
>>3513984
ughhhhhh i havent even beaten cs1 and i wanna play kuro already
vans smile is making me feel things... n-no homo
>>
>>3514577
that's hella homo, have you sucked a dick before
>>
File: IMG_0801.png (369 KB, 614x977)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>3514677
no........ but if he asked me to..............
h-haha what am i saying im not gay;;
>>
>>3513984
I got chance to play this demo and not gonna lie this was pretty cool I might buy this game day 1 never played legend of heroes game but I heard from a friend I can start here so I will.
>>
>>3513984
>>3515736
Great place to start, enjoy the game anons
>>
File: 20240608171110_1.jpg (753 KB, 1920x1080)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
After uncovering a military conspiracy its off to Grancel, the capital of Liberl and home to the royal family, to join a shonen battle tournament. Everything is bigger than before, the city is split into 4 districts, every building is at least 3 stories tall, and the stakes are higher than ever. I know people say this game is slow, but I've been genuinely really enjoying the pacing and progression throughout this game.
>>
>>3516243
Grancel sounds like the pokemon evolution of Incel.
>>
>>3516318
Touch grass
>>
>>3516318
lel
>>
>>3516243
Catch up faggot I'm almost done. So we can both start SC.
>>
>>3516584
>not savoring kiseki kino
rookie mistake
>>
>>3516590
I've done absolutely everything in game except ending it. Replaying the series. I hate these bugmen making the Carnelia chapters so dumb to find.
>>
>>3512936
Yes
>>
>>3516601
It's not about doing, it's about experiencing.
>>
Okay, I beat Ys II. What Ys game should I go to next?
>>
>>3517102
Oath, Origins or 8
>>
https://youtu.be/Ghy6M7jLNpY?si=K98fWUu5b0YrtgVX
>>
File: 20240608174436_1.jpg (549 KB, 1920x1080)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
>>
>>3518875
Hehe
>>
File deleted.
>>3484861
Japan used to make great games like Persona 5,Nier:Automata,ACNH,BoTW, Xenoblade 2, dark souls 3, Sekiro, MHW, RE7, DMC5, like a dragon 7, death stranding, Smash bros ultimate, splatoon, three houses, Elden ring, SF6, Atelier Ryza 1-3, Mario wonder, pikmin 4, Armored core 6 to be on par with Western games since 2017,
but how can they get dominated by Korean and Chinese Black fleets and Commodore Perry like Lies of P, Stellar blade ,Black myth wukong, Phantom blade zero so easily? Pathetic, shamefur dispray.
Japanese game's glory doko, when they had revived in 2017 and used to be on par with Western games?

At least we Westerners still make good game like Helldivers 2, Avowed,Hi-fi rush, Diablo 4, Halo infinity, AoE4,
Modern warfare 3,Sea of stars, BG3,Mortal kombat 1, Spiderman 2,Remnant 2, Helldivers 2 and Kingdom Coom 2, Assassin's creed shadow so that they never get dominated by Korea and China.

Phil Fish was right. En taro King Sejong.
En taro Xi jinping. My life for Dokdo!!!
korea and China are is the Protoss/Eldar of Reality.....but is Hi-fi rush Japanese or Western anyway?

Japanese game is dead. The time is for Korean game like Lies of P, Stellar blade, Scarlet desert and Chinese games like Black myth wukon and Phantom blade zero

What is left in Japan?
Anime? China and Korea makes them better.
Comic? Webtoon is better
Weebstuff? BA has 1800 comicket booths and the most pics in pixiv.
Entertainment? Car? Electricity? Korea makes em better.
Porn? Banned from Japan by new law on AV.
Japan is nothing. But vassal state of Korea for everything getting mogged by Korean Black ship and K-Admiral Perry.
Area 11 of Korea and China just like Code geass.
Yami ni Ochiro, Eleven domo!!!
>>
File: Rean_Schwarzer_(Sen_II).png (1.95 MB, 1364x2089)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>3519663
Not so fast. I, Rean Schwarzer of Class VII, swear to continue the honor and legacy of Japan! Second Form: Gale!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8QM6kSR9-Q
>>
File: 20240613025119_1.jpg (542 KB, 1920x1080)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
The format by which the game progresses changes once again as we fight through the tournament day by day, unlocking sections of an elaborate underground labyrinth to train, and we move the story along by night, which includes an authentic stealth section that culminates in the breaking and entering of a church.

https://youtu.be/Zixn-cXyllE?si=RP3yuxUithAG_GT2
>>
File: 8tpkz5.jpg (63 KB, 500x724)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Playing the demo this Guy is pretty Kino he reminds me of Spike from cowboy bebop,
I might actually get into these games start with this one
>>
>>3505987
I started playing FC again and was surprised to see Analace? The brown haired girl randomly in Bose. This game never fails to impress me.
>>
>>3520168
>kuro is so good that atlus made a knockoff of its battle system for metaphor
kek
>>
Kiseki is like the one jrpg series I can genuinely argue is significantly better than many crpgs.
>>
File: 20240614021934_1.jpg (466 KB, 1920x1080)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
>>
>>3521476
soul.
>>
>>3493844
So its sorta like Game Freak?
>>
File: 20240614232628_1.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/6rIegfs7c3E?si=_1pJvhfatEtExwVM
Good fucking lord, what an insane boss battle and an absolutely insane ending. I'd say this could never be topped, but its only a small taste of things to come. I... can't even summarize this without spoiling everything, but needless to say Trails is still an unforgettable experience and the unchallenged king of JRPGs. Onwards to the second chapter.
>>
>>3522506
>FINISH HIM OFF
>>
File: gTvGaCcd.png (956 KB, 960x544)
956 KB
956 KB PNG
This series is so fucking COMFY
>>
The series WAS comfy... at one point.
>>
>>3522506
Yup, yuge moment
>>
This series is STILL comfy.
>>
>>3522506
>music and even art style of boss fight changes to show you how strange and unsettling it is
>the whole lead up is spoonfeeding you a shitload of super consumables and you need all of them to just barely hang on
Man that was super cool.
>>
I'm pretty far behind everyone else but I've loved every Trails game I've played, pretty sure that's why Falcom is doing well even with 0 marketing. It also helps that other major devs and heavily marketed projects have disappointed me enough where I now know to ignore them and anyone recommending them.
>>
File: the fall of SE.png (2.69 MB, 2586x1739)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
>>3484861
>Really makes you think, huh?
It really does. I wonder why is that? What a mystery!
>>
>>3484861
Too bad about their art and animations. All of their characters look like empty dolls.
>>
>>3501589
cold steel series has not sold over 4 million lmao, I doubt any of them even sold 500k on their own
>>
>>3501589
>>3525152
just looked it up, the 4.3 million sales figure is for tales as a whole, not just cold shit
>>
>>3525161
Not him obviously but the Cold Steel games definitely aided the series sales numbers, they are the most popular entries. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 hit 500k copies worldwide.
>>
>>3525171
falcom's most popular game is ys8 and that's the one that hit 500K
>>
>>3525172
Ys8 had 6k on launch week and it's at 600k+ now. Falcom games have long tails because they don't have gorillion dollar advertising budgets.
>>
>>3525182
my point still stands
>>
>>3525185
This whole chain of replies started with an assertion that falcom games only sold 12 copies, which is untrue.
>>
>>3525191
obviously an exaggeration but not far off, trails game sell much less than even B-tier jrpgs, the profits are propped up by HEAVY asset reuse and extremely low production values
>>
>>3525193
Do you think the English release of daybreak will sell less than saga emerald beyond? It has a smaller budget.
>>
>>3525244
SaGa isn't a B-tier series in terms of sales, it's below that
>>
>>3525161
>>3525171
Most of the series' sales unironically happened after NISA took over western releases.

In mid-2018, the series was at 3.5 million units sold worldwide:
>https://www.siliconera.com/falcoms-trails-series-reaches-3-5-million-trails-cold-steel-subseries-hits-1-3-million-sales/

By early 2024, it had reached 7.5 million units:
>https://noisypixel.net/trails-series-sells-7-5-million-units-worldwide/

The series' blowup in the west is pretty insane. The series took 14 years to reach a 3.5 million unit sales volume, but in less than half of that time, it managed to sell more than double that amount.
>>
>>3527026
7.5 million is nothing considering the amount of games they shit out. Series had a bit of a bump with switch sales but that's gone now; sales have been dropping for years
>>
>>3527026
It's a super long-tail sale desu. Not everyone is going to try the games, not everyone who tries is going to like them. But for those who do like them, they will slowly buy all the games
>>
>>3527030
The trends show the exact opposite, actually. Like I said before, it took the series 14 years to reach 3.5 million units in sales. It took it less than half that time to double those sales. Where its popularity HAS considerably declined is in Japan. That market pretty much collapsed for Falcom after CS2.
>>
>>3522699
What version of the game are you playing? That Joshua looks cursed.
>>
>>3527042
That can be easily explained by the fact that every year there are more westerners that realize final fantasy and other mainstream "jrpgs" are turds. And flee to Falcom to get quality.
>>
>>3484861
I regret contributing to their sales by buying ys X. what a steaming turd.
>>
>>3527073
Thanks for paying for another line of dialogue in the next kiseki entry. ;)
>>
>>3527043
>he doesn't know
>>
>>3527042
it's collapsing in the west too, it just took longer because of staggered releases. The expanded sales came from games being localized at a more consistent rate plus the switch, but those intial bumps had no lasting momentum. CS4 killed trails
>>
>>3527380
Original games had better portraits but the original covers were garbage.
>>
>>3527392
>it's collapsing in the west too
Not really if anything we make more sales the Asia now unless your gonna say their collapsing too?
>>
>>3527392
>CS4 killed trails for ME
fixed
>>
File: image.png (102 KB, 1381x1044)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>3527392
>it's collapsing in the west too
Just say the game is collapsing for you because you hate Cold steel 4 no need to lie.
>>
Some of these Daydreams in Reverie are insane.

Like the fucking tournament arc

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.