[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: sheisright.png (672 KB, 952x878)
672 KB
672 KB PNG
Prove her wrong.
>>
>>3493455
>her
>>
It's true, Gothic was unironically better.
>>
File: ypu.png (502 KB, 931x830)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
>>3493459
Yet again, you prove her right.
>>
Who?
22 years later and Morrowind is considered a masterpiece by boomers and zoomers alike, there's nothing else to say.
>>
>>3493455
>>3493463
This blogger just seems like an angry, jaded boomer yelling at clouds.
>>
>>3493463
No amount of talking about reddit can change his chromosomes.
>>
fucking faggot in a wig
>>
None of his points are wrong, but he's a man in a dress who can't separate the performance from his actual identity.
>>
>>3493455
>hasn't reviewed trails
useless site
>>
>>3493455
based and john carmack-pilled
>>
>>3493455
What's there to prove? This was just a bunch of value judgements with no analysis or elaboration. Maybe write something beside "thing bad" and we can have a conversation.
>>
>>3493455
>appealed to the casual gamer
In other words well-designed
>>
>>3493455
>casual gamers
lol no
most people couldnt stand it
the "bad" graphics, the slow pace, the boring gameplay, the "lame" setting
morrowind fans are a minority subtype of gamers
>>
>>3493462
Gothic is a better game, but Morrowind is still pretty good. Great world building and lore. The only that I've encountered that can hold a candle to Tolkien
>>
>>3493455
That's some real Scorpia energy, but she's not wrong.
>>
>>3493723
This whole website is bitter seething malding scorpio energy

t. a malding seething scorpio
>>
>>3493725
>scorpio
I wish zoomers didn't exist and the RPG fandom wasn't populated by posers.
>>
>>3493455
>>3493467
>>3493723
Why is Lilura like this?
His/her (I don't really give a fuck) walkthroughs for random NWN fan modules are fun and comfy but every other topic aside from this he/she just rants and seethes endlessly. Even reviews of games he/she likes come across as very bitter, can't compliment a game without mentioning how it's better than some other game he/she hates
I can't understand why anyone would choose to spend their free time writing angry screeds about games that came out literal decades ago
>>
>>3493752
Oh it's lilura? Yeah, I was wondering since I haven't seen his blog in years. He idolized Scorpia I think but never had the substance or understanding to really know what he was talking about.
I'll never forget how he loved Beamdog and was their darling until they banned him from their forums. Why was he banned you ask? He kept on butting into dev/modding threads and spouting off stuff, then expecting people to praise him as the leading authority. It didn't work out like that, and suffice it to say he couldn't control himself when people dismissed him and continued discussing technical stuff amongst themselves.
>>
>>3493752
> Troon
> Bitter
> Whowouldveguessedit.tiff
>>
>>3493723
>>3493725
Kek
>>
>>3493752
Autism.
>>
>>3493760
Before you jump the gun, nobody know his gender but the evidence points to male pretending to be a woman. Not somebody that lives and presents a female identity in real life.
>>
File: 1677818940039689.webm (20 KB, 510x610)
20 KB
20 KB WEBM
>>3493725
what's wrong with being a scorpio
>>
>>3493752
I'm disturbed when people are so dramatic and hyperbolic about video games
>this game ruined everything
>they are the reason everything is ruined
Common on this site too. Don't know if it's mental illness or just a severe lack of real life and responsibilities. Arrested development.
>>
>>3493777
It's a cultural thing. Consider everything in this light, even making simple remarks gets twisted into you literally cause murder.
>>
>>3493777
Have you considered that they're right and your shit taste is ruining everything for everyone around you
>>
>>3493775
a lot, but I wouldn't trade it for anything
>>
>>3493780
If you get offended but someone else's taste in video games, perhaps you're the pro- I mean a mega pussy consoomer without real hobbies
>>
>>3493793
Nah, no one wants to be around a smelly retard that is obsessed with bad media. If you like TES you are a repulsive person.
>>
>>3493797
Prime example of wannabe autist who can't take a chill pill
>>
>>3493798
I don't want to be around you. It's that simple.
>>
>>3493803
And yet you're in this thread engaging the people you allegedly want to avoid in conversation
>>
>>3493805
This is a thread for shitting on those games.
>>
>>3493803
Then I shall follow you around the world until you kys. Survival of the fattest
>>
>>3493780
>Have you considered that
>your shit taste
>is ruining everything
>for everyone around you
This is some teenage girl shit
>>
>>3493712
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>3493872
To be fair, I bought Redguard because it was on sale, but I didn't like it or play it for longer than a few hours.
>>
>>3493878
Buying a game on a steam sale or a Best Buy clearance is not the same as buying something on release, especially not back then. I renember the stakes were high, at least for me as kid. If I bought a game and it turned out to be bad then I either played it until I loved it or lived with the regret until I had the money to buy something good
>>
>>3493752
Lilura is an RPG Codex person, they hate anything Bethesda-related
>>
>>3493455
Morrorwind is a consolize rpg the design philosophy was "how can we streamline this"
>>
>>3493712
>the "bad" graphics, the slow pace, the boring gameplay, the "lame" setting
>morrowind fans are a minority subtype of gamers
That's Daggerfall
>>
>>3493901
I never figured Codexers for the type of people who would tolerate troons. Or do they keep him around just as a lolcow?
>>
>>3493938
>"how can we streamline this"
Well, how did they?
>>
File: hrgrswdA.png (434 KB, 720x720)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>3493944
Lilura was from a time when codex actually had quality posts worth reading and you could learn about all kinds of niche stuff. She then got pushed off the site by rusty, who obsessively made many threads attacking her. They then made a thread wishing she would come back which is hundreds of pages long because their board is shit and boring now. Rusty later threw a tantrum over community drama and made a seperate BBS and its just the mods from codex jerking off over politics and how they want to fuck trannies while not playing any games, and he never returned to the site he so obsessively morally policed, which has now been overtaken by 65IQ slavs and isn't even worth reading.
>>
How many times have you posted this OP?
>heh well er uh this specific image? not much
No you faggot. This hole's opinion. I know I saw you spamming it last year a shit ton. When are you going to get your own opinions you mindless drone?
>>
>>3493961
Sounds like you need to go back.
>>
>>3493966
I've been on 4chan since 2006 unfortunately. Its highly probable that I am the oldest oldfag on this board, not that it even counts for anything. I was simply witnessed many stupid things happening on the internet in many communities.
>>
>>3493961
>>3493967
..Are you this lilura guy?
>>
>>3493455
There's no actual analysis here, just "I think this thing sucks" repeated over and over. It'd fit right in on this board.
>>
>>3493967
>I was simply witnessed many stupid things
hmmm
>>
>>3493970
No I disagree with Lilura on several key points:

1) I strongly dislike NWN and diablo, which lilura is a huge fan of.
2) I like pre-Fallout CRPGs like Wizardry and Ultima which lilura does not.
3) I am far more knowledgeable on digital war games and 4x than Lilura.
4) I like new games like BG3 and GAMMA which lilura hates.
5) I like Falcom games and Lilura does not play jrpgs to my knowledge.

Just because she is right about morrowind does not mean she is right about everything. TES is a retard series. It is an easy target.
>>
>>3493455
>no cRPG of the time appealed to the casual gamer more than Morrowind
it takes several hours to get through character creation
it's definitely not a game a beginner can just pick up and play
>>
You can tell morrowind is for idiots because the manual is like 5 pages long.
>>
>>3493980
There are literally premade classes to choose from. It takes five minutes to do character creation
>>
Lilura can't possibly be a woman. No woman can be so autistically obssesed about old crpgs.
>>
>>3493991
She mostly likes female brained rpgs like arcanum and nwn, and she doesn't understand things that a male would clearly find appealing.
>>
>>3493996
What's female brained about nwn?
>>
>>3493998
Social focused pseudo mmo with very linear dungeons and minimal party management. Very little in the way of leadership or adventure, and I would consider build obsession in a vacuum to just be an extension of playing dress up. (you'll find owlcat games are mostly popular with unpleasant women as well for the same reason)
>>
>>3494001
OK, fair enough, save for the build obsession. Autistically optimizing something is a male trait.
>>
>>3494002
>Autistically optimizing something is a male trait.
Clearly you didnt have to deal with an overprotective mother growing up. Only women and weak men worry about that stuff.
>>
>>3494003
Now that you say it, I agree. Aversion to the slightest risk. Feeling vulnerable without minmaxing.
>>
>>3493977
>TES is a retard series
>I like Falcom
My fuckin sides
>>
>>3493455
>someone says Derp-about and doesn't immediately cringe to death
I rest my case.
>>
No Ultima? No Rogue? No Angband? So he's just a poser, I see.
>>
>>3494039
Codexers don't play any RPGs made before Fallout 1
>>
>>3494039
She considers everything made before Windows 95 a primitive curiosity.
>>
bethesda never made a good game
>>
File: 1452439464705.png (2 KB, 246x184)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>3493455
desu I always thought Lilura was a retard but seeing this post makes me consider changing my mind

Morrowind is the only (yes, including all the older ones) game in the series that just has fuck all going for it. Terrible gameplay, it looks like a dog's asshole, the world is so flat, barren and devoid of interesting places it might as well not be there. There is zero reactivity, zero reason to do anything, all the questlines are utterly forgettable and there's like 20 assets across the entire game.
It's unapologetically shit.

I can appreciate people overpraising other shitty 'classic' games like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 because at the time there wasn't much better in terms of iso rpgs, but Morrowind? Fucking shit. Troika and Obsidian shat all over Bethesda. And you would not believe some of the cope you hear here from Morrowdrones. Unironically saying shit like 'it's bad on purpose you just need to use your imagination lolol'.
Eugh, just eugh. I normally don't hate on people who love bad games, but Morrowfags are my only exception. Peak retardation.
>>
>>3493752
Autism, like the other anon said. Anyone who likes NWN (another shitpile of a game) has to be massively autistic.
>>
File: 1704767069869795.png (395 KB, 1200x816)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>3493775
It's not Aquarius. You're just some shitty bug, I'm strutting around the cosmos with my own piss jug.
>>
>>3493991
Someone who loves NWN as much as she does can ONLY be a retarded woman.
>>
>>3494001
owlcat games are very autistic number crunchers, though
I doubt someone like Lilura would like them
mind you the number crunching in owlcat games is the worst part about them, but still, point stands
>>
>>3493464
>22 years later and Morrowind is considered a masterpiece by boomers and zoomers alike
No it's not. A handful of le wrong generation zoomer outcasts say they like it to fit in here. The rest of us laugh at how shit it is.
>>
>>3493455
I love her. I want to gently hold her NEET form and tell her it's okay that she is pushing 40, that she isn't an old boomer yet, and that there is still time for her to see the resurgence of WRPGs. Then I want to tenderly fuck her soft MILF body, making sure to take my times, and when I finish, I want to lean in close to her ear and whisper

>n'wah

Before ghosting her.
>>
>>3494100
>WRPGs
>>
>>3493455
hide thread
>>
File: Get a load of this s'wit.jpg (709 KB, 2560x1440)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
>>3494091
>the revisionist history faggots have arrived
/vrpg/ has always been a Morrowboomer board. You're as useless as a slaughterfish out of water, kid.
>>
>>3494146
>/vrpg/ has always been a Morrowboomer board.
Go back to /tesg/, or better yet, reddit.
>>
>>3494003
>Clearly you didnt have to deal with an overprotective mother growing up
More like an avsentee mother (and dad). Women tend not to hyperfocus on stuff that has little to no social reward, and optimizing builds is basically DnD accounting.
But maybe I'm a bit female brained because I like nwn1, even if I aknowledge the faults you pointed out, specially the lack of control on henchmen apart from a few basic comands that don't do much and don't work properly half the time. At least you could customize their equipment with the expansions. I've never played multiplayer and I don't intend to do so now, even if I cared, a bit late for that.

>>3494089
And yet she shits on the OC, the expansions and most content save for Swordflight, a campaing made by the biggest nwn autist.
>>
>>3494260
>specially
ESL alert
>>
>>3494146
>/vrpg/ has always been a Morrowboomer
Nice try newfag. This board hasn't been around for all too long. By the time this board was created people on this site had already long turned on Morrowind. It was interesting when it came out because there wasn't much like it in terms of a 3D first/third person game. Now the game engine isn't impressive at all so the game has to rely on it's game design or story telling. Which is almost completely lacks.
>>
>>3493455
Lilura, you tranny, you've been caught multiple times creating those threads. This is sad and pathetic.
>>
>>3493768
He's a South Korean transsexual.
>>
>>3494001
>Social focused pseudo mmo with very linear dungeons and minimal party management
But she would love morrowind if that was the case
>>
>>3493464
Not an argument
The witcher 3 is considered the best rpg in history by zoomers and boomers alike
>>
If you look at /v/ and how awful it is you can quickly understand why TES and those who enjoy it must never be tolerated here. It is a race to the bottom where actual discussion and playing good games cannot exist. Anyone who enjoys TES is an enemy of video games.
>>
>>3494146
>Morrowboomer board
You can tell because because most of the bait is shitting on Morrowind to get replies from morrowboomers lol
>>
Trannies belong on the cross
>>
>>3493944
Troon hate from those people is largely performative. They are the first ones to suck tranny cock as soon as they say something they agree with. Also the whole "incel to trans pipeline thing".
>>
>>3494287
It must really break your brain knowing that people exist who BOTH like Morrowind AND the other rpg's you think are good. It has to be one in the other in your petty little mind
>>
>>3493901
>RPG Codex person
>they hate anything Bethesda-related
post 2005 Bethesda, sure
but Morrowind is literally a sacred cow there lol
>>
>>3494341
it's on their top 100 rpg's i believe
>>
>>3494351
>i believe
You know it is, it's on every list unless they're being contrarian and snubbing Bethesda.
>>
>>3493455
done. he presented no arguments.
>>
>>3493455
I read the article. I actually agree with a lot of his points. I'm just nowhere as mad is all...
>>
>>3493459
FPBP
>>
I can't. Lilura is 100% correct
>>
>>3493944
Grognards can't accept that the best shitposter on their forum is a middle aged autistic woman.
>>
>>3493996
She likes Kenshi which might be one of the most autistic RPGs ever created
>>
>>3494268
> South Korean in addition to troon
Yeah I'd be mad a dystopia like Vvardenfell can be fun compared to what's going on in SK. Game was dogshit but the world/lore was really good. What class you guys going with for your next playthrough?
>>
>>3494454
Actually never mind, she gave it a 3.5 lmfao. I guess she writes guides on games she hates for some reason.
>>
>>3494454
>autistic RPGs
By what metric? Its just cookie clicker for retarded hipsters.
>>
>>3494459
The way you build your stats like running back and forth for 50 hours to build strength is pretty autistic.
>>
>>3494455
>What class you guys going with for your next playthrough?
I don't play the same game over and over.
>>
>>3494460
Anon, that's how an idle clicker works. It's not an rpg. You are a dumb zoomer.
>>
>>3494462
I don't even know what an idle clicker is. It sounds like a new term created by zoomers.
>>
>>3494463
>I don't even know what an idle clicker
A phone game. You have been tricked into essentially playing gacha.
>>
>>3494464
You won't believe me, but I've never actually played a single phone game, anon. You're projecting shit that you play onto me.
>>
>>3494466
How does that change the fact that you like kenshi? You are missing the point here, which is not surprising for someone dumb enough to like kenshi.
>>
>>3494468
Because you can build bases and do lots of sandbox type shit in it. The more that I think about it, the more that it's actually a squad based tactical base building game that is very brutal if you play it ironman. The grinding that you have to do filters most people. Why do you hate Kenshi? Don't make phone game comparisons because that will be lost on me. It's not a casual game either unless you're reloading constantly. The jank itself will filter most casuals before you even get into the autistic gameplay loop.
>>
>>3494472
Anon, it's literally an idle clicker. Go to /vm/, you will be happier than playing RPGs which you clearly do not like.
>>
>>3494475
Yeah I just googled idle clicker and none of them look like Kenshi.
>>
File: 1319119738001.png (41 KB, 1304x736)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>3493463
>her
>>
>>3494475
Ok, now that I've done some digging, here is what Google says:

>dle games (also known as clicker games) are a type of video game. They are played by doing simple things such as clicking on the screen to get in-game money.[1] One popular idle game is Clicker Heroes.[2]

>Players play Clicker Heroes by clicking on creatures (known as “monsters”) to kill them. Monsters give gold when the player kills them. Players can use gold to buy heroes. These automatically kill monsters.[4] Clicker Heroes works without the need for the player to do anything.[5]

So basically, it's Diablo which is nothing like Kenshi and which Lilura gave a really high score.
>>
>>3493463
sounds exactly like /v/ threads today, just replace upvotes with (Yous)
>>
>>3494485
4chan is just a Reddit aggregator. It used to be the other way around a decade ago.
>>
>>3494482
In an idle clicker you set heroes to a task and come back 2 hours later to monitor their progress. That's the game.
>>
>>3494489
You don't do that in Kenshi except when you train strength and only if you're min maxing it. You do that in Diablo though especially as a necromancer/pet build. In Kenshi, you have to micro your guys when they fight especially if you're playing ironman. You can tell when your characters are going to fail a block or land a hit based on their animation. If you don't intensely micro your crossbow guys, you will hit your own squad and kill them especially if they have an eagle's cross.
>>
>>3494497
>You don't do that in Kenshi
That's all there is to do in Kenshi.
>>
>>3494499
No, the last boss is Mad Cat-Lon. If you didn't kill him and his horde, you didn't beat Kenshi.
>>
>>3494501
You ignored my post completely.
>>
>>3494502
You can't kill him by doing nothing. Don't be ridiculous. Your comparison describes Diablo in a very basic way not Kenshi.
>>
>>3494503
Being able to kill nondescript characters in an empty world is gated behind hours of mundane repetitive tasks. Just like hitting arbitrary power levels to beat bosses in an idle clicker.
>>
>>3494506
That describes Diablo.
>>
>>3494507
I don't care, diablo is shit too. You only play shit games, you don't know anything.
>>
>>3494508
You didn't even realize that you were describing Diablo, retard. Better update your blog and give it a low score now.
>>
>>3494509
Why is everyone who likes morrowind a schizophrenic ESL?
>>
>>3494510
I hate Morrowind, though.
>>
>>3494341
nah, Morrowind used to be hated in the good old days of RPG Codex and then a bunch of newfags that loved it came in
>>
>>3494516
It was never hated there.
>>
>>3494286
Paweł, clean my toilet
>>
>>3494519
they call it a hiking simulator for a reason
>>
>>3494522
I vaguely remember debates about daggerfall vs morrowind but I don't remember outright hate for it.
>>
>>3493480
not an rpg
>>
>>3494001
oh so you got filtered by multclassing
>>
>>3494351
more like top 10
>>
>>3494351
even oblivion got on their top 100
>>
>>3493463
>her
It's still true even if it is a meme
>>
File: 1705255436999372.png (2.75 MB, 1920x1080)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
Probably one of the most boring ass rpg I have ever played. The game is so painfully static you wouldn't notice the difference from a mmorpg. They just made a big ass island but gave 0 life to it. Not a single npc gives me the immersion of at least pretending to be a real living thing. Every single shop open 24/7 despite the game having day/night cycle
>>
File: DSA Charakterbogen.jpg (148 KB, 602x832)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>3493985
>There are literally premade classes to choose from. It takes five minutes to do character creation
the only clear cut classes this game has that allow you to skip character creation are Warrior, Mage and Thief
but nowhere is that made clear and they sound boring as fuck when you can create mixed classes
it's numbers and papers
>>
>>3494049
Filtered. Those "primitive curiosities" are better than any game he's currently glazing.
>>
>>3494771
Are we talking about the same game...?
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Classes
>>
>>3494780
They're crap with bad interfaces and incredibly basic writing and AI.
>>
>>3494786
Ultima V is objectively a deeper game than morrowind.
>>
>>3494786
You haven't played them, I can tell. Keep consooming the newest slop.
>>
>>3494782
Got me thinking how minor skills weren't a good idea. Generally skills are only effective above 40, some are fairly ineffective way below that. Try persuasion with speechcraft at 15, or sneaking at 20. Not something you could level up naturally.

7 major skills would've been better. Make it impossible to raise misc skills and the system would've been great.
>>
>>3494791
I have.Today's flawed retro RPGs are better than what was being put out in the 80s.
>>
File: Ghoul Queen.jpg (364 KB, 1033x1400)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>3493455
Easy
Lilura arrives at a conclusion first, then comes up with post hoc justifications for it
There is no logical consistency to be found in its ramblings
Like all attention whore drama queens really
>>
I wish we had a Morrowind General. If we had one, the Morroboomers would be happy, and the people who don't like it could just see it as a containment thread .
>>
>>3494867
There is one on /vg/ and /vm/. How many do you need it?
>>
>>3494867
>people who don't like something on /vrpg/ would leave something alone
lol
>>
File: 1716236780385933.jpg (78 KB, 1024x1024)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
If someone likes any of the following games their opinion is not important:
Elder Scrolls
Gothic
New Vegas
Underrail
Kenshi
Arcanum
Pathfinder/Rogue Trader
>>
>>3494867
>people who don't like something on /vrpg/ would leave something alone
lmao
>>
>>3494876
>If someone likes any of the following games their opinion is not important:
>New Vegas
Based Fallout 3 chad
>>
>>3494876
>avatarfagging
Didn’t read
>>
>>3494882
I already listed elder scrolls. New Vegas is also elder scrolls, but new vegas fans wrongly believe they are not like all the other girls.
>>
>>3493961
RPG Codex seems like it got consumed by culture war shit and now there's basically no reason to read it because its all just /v/-tier seething about AAA slop having a gay guy or something in it.
>>
>>3494892
That's basically what happened to every gaming related forum/community during Gamergate, and it hasn't gotten any better since then.
>>
>>3494894
>t. Didn’t “get” Gamergate
>>
File: Why.jpg (15 KB, 201x247)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>3494876
>>3494882
>>3494889
It just blows my mind that nu-nerds are just corporate slop eaters and they convinced themselves that its some sort of great flex when mindlessly consume slop.

You are just doing the same shit SJWs are doing where they turn their sexuality into their personality because they have one.
You have no personality so you replace it with BRAND.
>>
File: 72234.jpg (10 KB, 391x325)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>3494892
you made codex sound way more based than it is.

Which is like a common theme with leftists where they want to moralfag and chide you and make the bad thing sound cool and awesome.
>>
>>3493455
>prove her wrong
I don't care what women think.
>>
>>3494926
>you made codex sound way more based than it is.
No he didn't. Nothing about that sounds admirable. If that is appealing to you maybe you should be there instead of here.
>>
>>3494930
If that doesnt sound appealing to you maybe you should be on reddit instead of here.
>>
>>3494925
Has it occured to you that you might be the one consuming slop
>>
>>3494892
>>3494930
>codex hates slop
>codex hates wokeshit

Now I finally understand why you fags seethe so much about codex.
Thats what offends you, that they dont adhere to the leftist dogma.
Amazing how you outed yourself leftypol-subhuman.
>>
File: 1716323110729008.jpg (49 KB, 558x549)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>3494019
Trails in the Sky is unironically a better game than Fallout 1 and 2 or the infinity engine games. Zealotry for this one particular era has locked you into such an indefensible position that you can't argue for your continued existence and instead can only be perpetually offended.
>>
>>3494935
>please daddy todd give me the slop!
>"uhh ackshually no u!"

You people are legit retarded.
Your brain is just completely gone, fried by social media and breadtube.
>>
>>3494939
I'm currently being investigated by HR at my workplace for being a racist. Codex on the other hand is afraid to leave their basements. Again, I suggest you go to your insulated pussy den if you find those people appealing. 4chan is not for delicate ladies such as yourself.
>>
>>3494925
>goes off on an imaginary strawman
Go get them, anon
>>
>>3494941
I'm not offended at all, I just find it odd that you despise one series for retards but adore another series for retards, so I chuckled about your standards, which seem rather over the place
>>
>>3494909
And I'm proud of it, gamergate was fucking gay and not worth paying attention to
>>
>>3494951
Falcom builds on its predecessors, whereas Fallout and BG1/2 are regressive dumbed down versions of what came before them. I'm glad Larian put CRPGs back on the right track with BG3 after Bioware turned them into an absolute embarassment and Bethesda flooded the genre with retards who think any game where you swing a sword around is an RPG.
>>
>>3494951
He's an attention starved schizo and a pathological liar who loves to talk about games he doesn't play, his standards are all over the place because he has none and just posts dumb shit to get people to respond to him
>>
File: farewell sausage.webm (3.72 MB, 1024x768)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB WEBM
>>3494960
>He's an attention starved schizo and a pathological liar who loves to talk about games he doesn't play
I've discussed by BG playthrough extensively here. Its not a very good game!
>>
>>3494970
>EE
opinion invalidated, that's literally not the same game as the original
>>
>>3494970
Visually it still holds up (if you stay away from EE filth). Mechanically they were forced to stick to D&D ruleset, even best chef can't make good dish out or rotten ingedients.
>>
>>3494955
>regressive dumbed down versions of what came before them. I'm glad Larian put CRPGs back on the right track with BG3
>he said, without a shred of self-awareness
>>
File: ruins.webm (3.73 MB, 853x480)
3.73 MB
3.73 MB WEBM
>>3494989
Compare webm to >>3494970
BG2 didn't even have a true open world, it was just a theme park with a series of semi-linear attractions.
>>3494985
>Mechanically they were forced to stick to D&D ruleset
No, BG1 and 2 play nothing like real DnD. Go play Curse of Feldar Vale and compare it to what those games play like.
>>
>>3494941
>Zealotry for this one particular era has locked you into such an indefensible position that you can't argue for your continued existence and instead can only be perpetually offended.

I actually think she does this on purpose because it keeps people discussing her retarded position everywhere online which drives traffic to her blog. Even negative buzz is better than no buzz.
>>
>>3495005
There are plenty of people just like lilura here.
>>
>>3493455
I looked this "review" up and was going to type a refutation, but the entire fucking review is completely devoid of any substance, the retard even goes as far as to say she won't provide examples because it would "bog the review down." It's literally just a bunch of
>this game is shallow
>this game is bad
>this game is not good
crybaby whining. It's a "review" for faggots to circlejerk about, and that's it. OP is a one of those faggots.
>>
>>3495007
Yes, but she has capitalized on that position unlike the retards here.
>>
>>3495012
The jannies are holding me back.
>>
>>3495024
Her blog reminds me of Pitchfork Media but instead of rating every band based on its proximity to Radiohead, she rates games based on their proximity to Fallout 1 and Jagged Alliance 2. She willingly exaggerates her position in a loud way for advertisement/buzz generation purposes.
>>
>>3493463
more like he's been given coherent rebuttals and proven wrong hundreds of times, but the typical leftist tactic is to just pretend that any rebuttal given to him never happened; so everyone just finds it easier to dab on him.
>>
>>3495048
Lilura is a schizophrenic rightoid
>>
It's funny how even with SEO baked into every single sentence, her blog is dying and falling off Google.

RPGcodex really was the only place keeping her blog alive after all. There will probably be an arc where she slinks back there and pretends she never had a meltdown.
>>
>>3495050
>her blog is dying and falling off Google.
Probably because the games she likes are dying and being forgotten.
>>
>>3494994
>it was just a theme park with a series of semi-linear attractions.
So is BG3, despite being made 20+ years later, having DOOM style combat design and being on 5E doesn't magically make it more D&D than BG1/2, it's fundamentally the same exact kind of game but with a better combat model that is still largely brought down by being D&D and being a Larian game.
Being a contrarian isn't a personality, you keep harping on old games but then praise new games for being the same exact shit as the old ones.
>>
>>3495059
>So is BG3, despite being made 20+ years later
No, not by any stretch is it like picking locations from a glorified menu.
>>
>shits on half life 1 and the intro to morrowind for being too cinematic
>calls an NPC speaking a single line of dialogue "babbling on"
why does this review start out like some butthurt grognard and then devolve into adhd complaints about the vending machine not dispensing your drink fast enough
>>
>>3495061
Walking through an uninterrupted corridor does not mean your game isn't the same exact kind of linear theme park, if old school instanced maps trigger you so much it's your problem, not the games'.
>>
File: underdark.jpg (775 KB, 1648x1589)
775 KB
775 KB JPG
>>3495065
>Walking through an uninterrupted corridor
maybe actually play the game
>>
File: bg2.png (581 KB, 1000x846)
581 KB
581 KB PNG
>>3495075
Here's a bg2 map for contrast, where you literally walk down a straight road and plow through various theme park rides.
>>
>BG2 was worse
Yup, there's my "bg3 shill Bingo" for the day
>>
>>3495075
BG3 maps are literally just multiple BG2 instances stitched together because modern tech allows that, it doesn't fundamentally change how progression actually plays out, you can't just go straight to Baldur's Gate after you're out of the Nautiloid, which is one example of a map that is the exact same as the average instance from BG1/2, much like
The world is not open, instances are simply bigger, progression is still largely linear and with the same exact kind of "theme parks", the only difference is that it's not instanced exactly like the old games are so you have a very vague illusion that the game is different when it's actually the exact same shit but you don't have to click on transition points that lead to a loading screen.
I wouldn't even call this intellectually dishonest because you showed time and again how you're actually simply stupid.
>>
File: bg3 act 1.jpg (340 KB, 1015x842)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>3495099
It's great too because you can literally see the different color-coded zones stitched together, just like any proper theme park. And everything is so densely packed that you're constantly tripping over something new every two feet. At least BG1 felt like you were actually exploring wilderness.
>>
File: edgelordvsfeminist.jpg (274 KB, 1080x1076)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>3493455
They used some Thelemite lore...
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/37911021/#q37931743
>>
>>3495117
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/37911021/#q37931881
>>
>>3495117
>>3495119
wtf I hate Vivec and Crowley now
>>
>>3495099
>BG3 maps are literally just multiple BG2 instances stitched together
I can look right at the map and see its not true. Try playing the game. These are non-arguments, because we can clearly see there's evidence to contrary, and now you will cry I am not discussing anything with you, but the evidence is plainly there for all to see and you look like a retard.
>>
>>3494943
Racism is reddit.
>>
>>3494892
codex has some pretty autistic posters, posting pretty autistic spergouts, and some absolutely outlandish shit that would make any well adjusted person shake their head in pity

but on the other hand, it's genuinely one of the last few forums on the internet to have actual quality conversations about crpgs. /vrpg/ is a den of slop posts, and posters who can't hold a decent conversation to save their lives.

the difference between codex and /vrpg/ is, if someone has consistently shit takes on codex, if they make shit up, pull it out of their ass, lie, etc. they build up a reputation as a giga retard and you can safely disregard everything they say and not engage with them

on /vrpg/ anons will make the most insane batshit posts and believe what they are saying 100%, never having played the game they are talking about, then when they get called out on it they double down, lie, samefag, move the goal posts etc. and eventually just dip out of the conversation and start a new thread on the same topic when they think you won't see it so they don't feel like they took the L

/vrpg/ is fun to browse casually. but good god do anonymous imageboards where no one cares how they'll be perceived in another thread (because they can't) suck ass, so few posters on here are actually willing to discuss games in good faith
>>
>>3495191
>it's genuinely one of the last few forums on the internet to have actual quality conversations about crpgs
Where? It's a den of dunning krueger and as soon as you play enough games to genuinely form your own opinions it becomes insanely obvious that they're retards.
>>
>>3494945
>imaginary strawman
thats an oxymoron you illiterate ESL faggot.

Now fuck off back to re.ddit.
>>
File: 1361748665509.gif (2.71 MB, 255x191)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB GIF
>>3494970
>>3495061
>>3495075
>>3494994
>uh ackshually BG 1 and 2 are bad
>uh ackschually BG3 is the best game eva
Oh youre one of those.
You played BG3 first and because BG3 is your whole identity you get endlessly when people RIGHTFULLY criticize it for the poor writing, bugs and endless corridors.

Sounds like I had you pegged right the first time. >>3494925
>>
>>3495199
You're a leftist.
You're a retard by default.
You're too retarded to tell how retarded you are.
>>
>>3495199
>dunning krueger
how so? it's far worse on /vrpg/. on named forum boards people have to stand by their words, they can't just say something retarded and then pretend those posts weren't by them when they lose an argument. posts have more weight and you can weed out people who consistently make good posts (as in, well thought out posts, not absolute drivel, even if you would never agree with them you can tell they put some genuine thought and feeling into their post) from the ones who post nonsense, or attention seeking, etc. people on /vrpg/ try way harder to come off as authoritative on subjects they know absolutely nothing about because there is no consequences to getting called out on it.

they either pull off their lie, get the dopamine hit from anons agreeing with them or "owning" someone or thinking they're knowledgeable about something, or everyone calls them retarded and they can slink away and act like nothing happened, there's only gains and no losses. no "oh, look everyone, retard X is posting dumb shit again"

the amount of posts (especially about old games) I see on /vrpg/ where it's actually factually, 100% clear that the poster has never played it, and are pretending otherwise, or will argue until they're blue in the face about something that can be factually disproven just by opening the game/manual/interview with a developer, is nuts. the amount of absolutely retarded threads that people create about the same game over and over again when they get btfo in an old thread and think they'll get a better response next time is nuts. anonymous posting is fun but it's definitely not conducive to genuine discussions.
>>
>>3494876
I'm guessing you like jrpgs?
>>
>>3495191
>no one cares how they'll be perceived
Anonymity provides a safe space that attracts losers. If poor arguments and behavior don't work, they can simply drop out the conversation. Like arguing with women lol, there's no resolution. Rare to see someone say "aight maybe you have a point, asshole"

Discourages discussion, especially when posts get deleted. No stakes, resolutions, or consequences. No need to carefully consider what one posts.
>>
>>3495078
They are encounters, not rides. Not every dungeon is improved by pointless mazes. Also that screen isn't really the whole dungeon. It's just one portion of the underground area related to the eye quest. Even in one line image post you can't help but lie.
>>
>>3495224
>how so
Look at complete morons like luj, the wall, and sweeper who play complete dogshit and constantly make threads for dumb shit or whine about games they didnt even play to farm updoots. People like that are probably making the shittiest of the threads here. There's nothing of value to be found on codex, it's just idiots patting each other on the back that act like edgy teens. There are no "consistently good posts" because every single person who makes good posts left and all that's left is people encouraging each other to ruin what remains. At best you'll find some complete moron huffing his own farts about how some shitty nwn is the best thing ever, because who's left that would even say otherwise? Codex is a containment zone for people who need to be kept far away from all internet discussion now and it's a shame they keep breaking said containment to come shit up this place.
>>
>>3495340
It's literally formatted as such:
Setpiece encounter, riddle, setpiece encounter, cutscene and there is no deviating from this order to get to the end. BG2 set the design philosophy for so many terrible bioware games that followed and with each new game they leaned further and further into this style until you just picked locations off a menu then walked down long hallways dotted with minigames and dialogue wheels between encounters where you spam one ability over and over. These are games made for irredeemable dumbasses and there is no way for you to defend them.
>>
>>3495349
>they keep breaking said containment to come shit up this place.
You're from there, aren't you? Just guessing, based on the detailed description you gave.
>>
>>3495224
>>3495349
you faggots talk like underage discord shitheels and use this board as an extension of that, this meta whining about image forum shitposting is beyond pathetic
>>
>>3495237
I like games like ToEE, KotC2, BG3, IWD2EE, wiz 7, arx fatalis, Ultima 5, wizards and warriors, JA2, grimrock 2, dawnsbury days, deus ex, no rest for the wicked, etc. There are also some jrpgs I enjoy like trails in the sky, grandia, dork souls, and skies of arcadia.
>>
>>3495364
>accuse me of something you are clearly guilty of when you get called out
Classic codex.
>>
>>3495368
Doubt you played most of those games more than once (most likely just watched a youtube video). A lot of them are dated jank that handles like ass.

You're just a poser, kid. Nobody has that many favorite games that all happen to be jerked off on Codex.
>>
>>3495375
>Nobody has that many favorite games that all happen to be jerked off on Codex.
Codex barely plays any of those games. If you look at things like the JA3 thread many of them never played JA2 and just like it because it plays like nucom. Codex is a boring shell of its former self, no fun to be had there.
>A lot of them are dated jank that handles like ass
Many of them are new games but you wouldn't know that because you don't play anything.
>>
>>3495375
No you don’t understand he’s le ebin “oldfag” who’s posted here since 1998 and who pretends to like old games while actually playing slop and garbage
>>
>>3495382
Keep replying to yourself and dodging responses because you got btfo
>>
>>3495384
>the (((samefag))) accuses others of doing as he does
Many such cases
>>
>>3495363
Well yeah if you ignore the encounter design entirely it sounds like you have a point. Except you did, because you are retarded and unable to make intersting holistic criticism.
>>
>>3494892
Maybe the problem is that all AAA games are slop and all games throw faggotry in your face? And not the people complaining about it these obvious problems?
>>
>>3495370
>>3495349
Well you've clearly spent time there.
>>
>>3495386
Where am I samefagging? This post does not logically make any sense. Additionally it's hilarious to me that you claim I am "pretending" to be an oldfag when you are just an echo of things I have posted 20 years ago, and every time the sound of what I posted bounces off a wall it becomes more distorted and further from its actual meaning over time, until it disseminates into popular spaces like YouTube ecelebs and the like and is finally regurgitated by the masses as a completely different message which wholeheartedly misses the original point. While I disagree with lilura I could have at least had an interesting discussion with a person like that, but subhuman people like yourself are just after images of internet culture and not exactly what I'd describe as independent humans capable of free thought but rather products of being raised by a Google algorithm. Now those people I could have had interesting discussions with are spread too far apart due the hordes of NPCs which have flooded the internet.
>>
>>3495387
>ignore the encounter design
Huh? Every single encounter in BG2 is either prebuff then autoattack or prebuff, breach, then autoattack. It's not a good system.
>>
>>3495390
>This post
Stopped reading here
>>
>>3493463
Sounds like sour grapes from being dog-piled by memers. Many such cases.
>>
>>3493455
prove what wrong? No points were made in the image and theres no link
>>
>>3493455
1. People give Morrowind about a 8 out of 10. If you think games like "Bean Dreams" , "Worldwide Soccer Manager 2005" , "World in Conflict", and a range of other games who all got better ratings, are much better than Morrowind, than we need to have a talk about why your standards differ so greatly from the general public, and how you arrive at being such a fan of these titles.

2. I have played a game before, and I think it's a 7/8-10 game. While I am uncertain if I could definitively prove I had played a game before Morrowind given it's age, and how old I was at the time. You'll have to take me at my word that I'd played a huge number of games prior.

3. I hate furries, and regard them as a general menace to society.

4. You got me, a large overlap exists between larpers, ttrpg players, and crpg fans. I don't really do it anymore though the good ones are a whole big production, and it's hard to set up being away from home for several days.

5. I mean, if you consider KOTOR a crpg (When really I don't consider Morrowind a crpg, but when you're extending the definition to include it you'd likely consider it to be one as well) it was far more casual than Morrowind.

6. While the game can certainly includes a lot of doddling at the beginning if you decide to jog everywhere like a madman calling it all meaningless is obviously untrue. It's difficult to declare any work completely meaningless. Here is one unit of meaning for you, gutting a slave to smuggle drugs is bad.

7. Six year is really not that longer, and Morrowind in terms of objective polygon count, and textures is more detailed. Aesthetically, hard to prove definitively that one is that much better than the other though calling it infinitely superior is silly.

8. I assume it was written by the author, I don't care to check it.

9. Saying something stain, or a disgrace is once again more of a statement of opinion than anything I can disprove. It certainly impacted future games.
>>
>>3495845
>I have played a game before, and I think it's a 7/8-10 game
Why would you ever play a 7/10 game when there are hundreds of 9/10 games?
>>
most of her complaints are fixed with mods
>b-but you have to play completely vanilla
stop using dosbox then
>>
>>3493953
"A", for "an anttempt was made"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>3495864
I'm very racist, and don't like racing, fighting, beat em' ups, rhythm, and some other stuff. So I eventually got to trying out Morrowind. It's better than Desperados.
>>
>>3495887
Morrowind was the most left leaning game of its period, by a lot, and even by today's standards its extremely progressive and pozzed. If you weren't a massive ESL and completely ignorant of American culture you would understand this.
>>
>>3493462
Gothic 2*

The last third of Gothic 1 is just running a lot of errands that gets boring, fast.
>>
>>3496020
Gothic is as dogshit as morrowind. This isn't how this works. If people dislike morrowind then gothic doesn't "win". All these shitty games get flushed together.
>>
>>3495998
>Morrowind was the most left leaning game of its period, by a lot, and even by today's standards its extremely progressive and pozzed
Citation needed. You say this in every Morrowind thread and every time you get BTFO
>biological differences between men and women, men are generally physically superior
>race is acknowledged as a biological construct with inherent genetic differences between the races. Some races are simply dumber than others, etc
>immersed in an ethnocentric culture who unapologetically categorizes several races as beasts, fit only for field-slavery
>no faggotry
>no trannies
>demons exist and humans who make bargains with them tend to get raped by them for all eternity
Etc
>>
>>3493455
>her
I'm not a heckin based chud but...
>>
File: 1684898301723014.png (2.45 MB, 2000x2883)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB PNG
What do I win?
>>
>>3495349
>Look at complete morons like luj, the wall, and sweeper
> People like that are probably making the shittiest of the threads here
that's exactly what I'm saying, you just rephrased what I said but made it out to be a bad thing. the fact that you KNOW who the bad or disingenuous posters are by name, means you can ignore them or avoid wasting energy engaging with them. and on the other hand, that also means you know which posters it isn't a waste of time to type out a long and genuine reply to. that's an inherent strength of forums versus imageboards. like >>3495282 said, there's little incentive to get deeply engaged in a discussion on an anonymous board, because you never know who is really posting in good faith and who isn't. which makes topics less serious as more casual as a whole

>>3495365
just because you're allowed to do something without consequences doesn't mean you should. what a childish mindset. most normal well adjusted people grow out of the
>well the rules don't say I CAN'T be an asshole and lower content quality for everyone else, so I see no problem with continuing to do so
mindset once they hit their teens. doesn't just apply to imageboards or forums. you can sift out the immature losers from the people actually worth keeping around in real life by seeing which ones have no problem with making things shittier for others when they know there's no consequences to doing so
>>
>>3496054
Well the very first thing you said is dead wrong, so nothing.
>>
>>3496032
>race is acknowledged as a biological construct with inherent genetic differences between the races. Some races are simply dumber than others, etc
There is an unavoidable main quest where they point out that this assumption is wrong, and you have to defend a female lizard wot reads good from evil racists. Why be dishonest? This isn't making your game look better.
>>
File: 1688237094791678.jpg (20 KB, 242x300)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>3496062
>w-well actually I stopped reading so I win
>>
>>3496066
>objective was to prove her wrong
>does not do this
>posts a reddit image
>>
>>3496054
Please, anon, the 13th Amendment prohibits owning someone in such a fashion
>>
>>3496032
>>no faggotry
hmmm sweatie...
>>
>>3496068
>continues not to do this
>now desperate samefagging to make yourself feel better about this image you spent an hour making that no one cares about
>>
>>3496067
Sorry, but I call butthurt when I see it, and that is obviously just butthurt. I don't give a shit about "objectively proving" that Morrowind is actually not just enjoyed by people who have never played a game before, furries, and LARPers, because it is autistic rambling that I, as a normal thinking human, see no value in.
>>
>>3496071
Saying that morrowind is designed for someone who never played a game before is a legitimate complaint. Because it is objectively designed for people who never played a game before. It is very much designed like a modern movie game, even going so far as to explain how to open doors and swing your weapon. Additionally, TES has a dispropotionately high amount of furries within its fanbase, and we can look at various things that the TES community has posted, like the infamous "how to roleplay in oblivion" wiki article, which demostrates that they are largely retarded larpers. All of these statements are factual and easily verifiable.

On the other hand, I have your statement that you are a normal thinking human with a grain of salt, because no thinking creature would be mentally stimulated by a TES game for longer than 10 minutes. Its like how that Skyrim grandma got a degenerative brain disease because all she did was play Skyrim and it did not properly excercise her mind.
>>
>>3496077
>I have
*I have to take
>>
>>3496077
>the game with approaching zero cutscenes is now a “movie game”
Absolutely mindbroken by a 20 year old game. Just completely and irrevocably buckbroken.
>>
>>3496084
>no argument
>>
>>3496085
nta but I think his argument is that a game without cutscenes is hardly a movie game. But you probably are aware of that, but lacked a reasonable comeback
>>
>>3496077
>Because it is objectively designed for people who never played a game before
>even going so far as to explain how to open doors and swing your weapon
Fuck's sake, what a horrendous argument. Every game that comes with a manual is for people who have never played a game before. I mean they even tell you what button to press to do something!
>Additionally, TES has a dispropotionately high amount of furries within its fanbase
This doesn't mean the game was made for furry fans. The beast races in Morrowind were very off-putting and ugly. Furries just gravitate towards whatever has furry shit in it because they're desperate to roleplay as animal people.
>like the infamous "how to roleplay in oblivion" wiki article, which demostrates that they are largely retarded larpers
Largely? An obscure wiki page likely written by a handful of autists proves the majority of players play the game that way?

You have proven fucking nothing. Don't reply again.
>>
File: X-COM Apocalypse.jpg (113 KB, 626x800)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
No need to prove her wrong, it's just one of her typical rants.
If you ignore her troll opinions her blog is actually quite good and even though she lacks in many areas related to cRPG (Ultima, Wizadry, roguelikes, etc.) it's still a nice blog.
>>
>>3495167
>These are non-arguments
Said by the the mentally ill faggot who posted one separate transition screen of the entire temple distrect area of BG2 vs an entire area of BG3 this is pretty grim, but again, you keep showing how fundamentally dishonest you are.
>>
>>3496021

It's not if you're heterosexual.
>>
>>3496021
If you're an autistic redditor who cares about walls of text and 'muh worldbuilding' then morrowind is better.
If you are just a pc gamer who cares about good rpg progression, decent combat and a much more immersive and reactive gameworld then you will prefer gothic.
Morrowind is not even worth playing because its main appeal gets completely mogged by actual books
>>
>>3494085
It told a very interesting story set in an alien world thay was actually believable. You have to give it that. It wasn't just the fluff, either - the game design accentuates the worldbuilding.
Some examples:
>the usage of weird magic (the dude who falls out of the sky and dies with jump scrolls, the wizard towers you have to levitate to)
>the borderline-horror design of esoteric places like Dwemer ruins
>the powerlevel of Vivec (he's a god and he can instantly murder you, and he has a meteor floating over his city)
>the fact that common merchants don't have enough money to buy your rare and valuable loot
>the rareness of things that are supposed to be rare (like glass armor)
>the internally consistent but jarring morality (open slavery and racism, clone daughter incest, values around ancient prophecies and new religions)
>references to history that can actually be explored and seen in-game (like the subjugation of Morrowind by the empire)
This is the reason why people love it. There's very few games that have such a bizarre setting that actually utilize that setting and immerse the player in it. It looks especially good compared to its sequels, which are just
>middle ages fantasy
And
>middle ages fantasy ala Vikings
People are willing to look past the flaws because it did such a good job with this one aspect. Combat and graffix are the least important aspects of an RPG that wants you to actually roleplay.
The quest criticism is subjective, but I personally enjoyed most of them. I have especially fond memories of the Morag Tong - it's another example of the setting coming through in game design, with you having an actual license to kill people that you show the guards. The main plot is also anything but forgettable; even people who never played the game know about Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House.
>>
>>3493455
this >>3494863
>>
>>3496320
Agreed, the setting and world building are incredible, not just in terms of writing but in the show not tell parts as well.

But I never got the complaints about morrowind's combat, honestly, I feel like people complaining about the actual mechanical gameplay are overexaggerating.

It really rubs the the wrong way and I think a big part of it comes from morrowind players lovingly riffing on some aspects of the combat as joke with a bit of truth to it ages ago, and then people who have never played the game nor plan to latching on to the meme and driving it to it's full blown overexaggerated
>oh, morrowind is that one game where combat is dull as fuck and you have to swing 30 times just to hit anything, right?
status.

I think it's also driven by a lack of understanding of RPG mechanics. Modern players going back to play morrowind now conceptually have a hard time wrapping their mind around the idea that CHARACTER skill, not player skill and dexterity, determine outcomes for certain actions. Someone who is completely winded and out of breath, trying to hit someone else with a sword when they've never held one before in their life is probably not going to do anything impressive. But many modern games completely gloss over this and give you perfect proficiency with any weapon type any kind of character picks up as far as landing hits and animations go, and the only thing higher skill values influence is some perks, damage bonuses, etc. The idea that you could be playing a scholar, or alchemist, or mage, or whatever the fuck, and you can't pick up a weapon exotic to them and start hacking and slashing and dodging is foreign to them.

I'd agree with critics that this abstraction does lead to a bit of a disconnect if you are not familiar with it. But coming from a background of tabletop and old school crpgs it's not only understandable but at high levels the combat in morrowind is actually pretty fun and tight mechanically.
>>
>>3493775
That you're a dishonest sneaky cunt.

t. Aries chad
>>
>>3493967
I think if I chased you in an alleyway, you would NOT be able to escape if I wanted to rape you at any point.
>>
Do not take the Mahiro tranny seriously, he thinks PF2e is a good system lol
>>
>>3496336
I appreciate the perspective, but Morrowind's combat really is a bit shit. It's a criticism of the game I agree with. Chance to hit mechanics don't translate well to a first-person perspective; you're meant to see the character as YOU, so when YOU swing the sword and see it hit the guy, but the game tells you that you didn't hit the guy, it's jarring. Magic's a bit better, but failing to cast a spell sucks. This isn't a Morrowind thing, it sucks in pen and paper too. The higher cost of investment (you can only cast so many spells before your mana runs out, but you can keep swinging even with low stamina) makes it frustrating to waste your limited spell juice.
These issues do largely disappear later in the game, but melee still ultimately amounts to "hit thing until it dies" with a little "packpedal away from the guy when he swings at you." It doesn't hold a candle to Divine Divinity, which released at around the same time. Magic does open up quite a bit if you don't limit yourself to Destruction, and can be pretty fun. I always suggest to people who haven't played the game to roll a mage.
That said, the combat works well enough, and it shouldn't be the MAIN criticism of Morrowind. If the game should be shat on for anything it's the absurd level design in the DLCs. The basic dungeons are also a bit boring and same-y in general, but there's enough unique ones that it never felt bad to me.
>>
>>3496357
>the combat works well enough
It really doesn't because there's never a point where you have to prepare or think about the enemies you're fighting. And remember, combat isn't just swinging a sword, at any time you can open the menu and drink 1000 potions without any time passed. Given that combat is a primary way to interact with the game and that there is a lot of it, this is a major flaw. Combat is about 25% of the game. 70% of the game is traveling, which is similiarly flawed and requires no engagement. (Mostly fast traveling or flying in one cardinal direction, no resource management or orienteering required) This means 95% of the game is just doing absolutely nothing interesting.
>>
>>3496091
You just seem desperate and butthurt now, so I'll accept your concession.
>>
>>3496482
>never a point where you have to prepare or think about the enemies you're fighting
I would like to hear suggestions on how to improve this, keeping in mind that every class should be able to clear the content alone without party members.

So for example, what should a guy with an axe think about when encountering enemies?
>>
>>3496492
>I would like to hear suggestions on how to improve this
You would have to throw the entire TES series out and start over as its built from the ground up in a very lazy and unintelligent way. Some examples of real time first person rpgs that do this well are Arx Fatalis and Deus Ex, which came out around a similar time.

Additionally, in a nonlinear open world game, there is no reason all characters should be able to clear all content, but it doesn't matter in TES anyways as builds are fake and all characters can easily do everything.
>>
>>3496495
Oh well. I'm fine with how it was, seeing there's no better alternatives around.
>>
>>3496482
I mostly agree up to
>70% of the game is traveling, which is similiarly flawed and requires no engagement
You completely left out reading in your percentages, and we've already established that the story/setting is the main strength of Morrowind. There's over a dozen hours of things to read if it grabs you; even if you only read what's necessary to understand what's going on, it'll probably take up nearly as much time as straight combat.
Most people complain that the traveling requires TOO MUCH engagement, in that you actually have to follow directions based off the landscape to find shit. This can be entertaining for some people, but even if it isn't, the environment itself is interesting to look at. You've got mushroom forests, giant flying jellyfish things, mountain terrain, ruins to inspect, and a soundtrack that most people enjoy. There's also a lot of items, encounters, and locations that you can only find by exploring while traveling around, so you're tangibly rewarded for it. The only real negative is getting attacked by cliff racers and guars at a ridiculous rate, which is a valid criticism. I have no idea what resources you want to manage while just walking from place to place; Strandlikes hadn't been invented yet.
Taste is subjective. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it uninteresting.
>>
>>3496510
>You completely left out reading in your percentages
No, reading is the last 5% and 4.99% of that is reading repeatedly copy pasted and universally applied dialogue.
>and we've already established that the story/setting is the main strength of Morrowind
No we haven't.
>>
>>3496511
Then we fundamentally disagree and there's no point in talking about it.
>>
The arguments presented here against Morrowind can be generally categorized as those resulting from a low-to-moderate functioning level of autism, and lacking theory of mind.
>I played in a certain way and did not have fun, but I cannot comprehend another person playing in that same way but having fun, or playing in a different way and having fun
>My subjective opinions are the same thing as objective reality
Another anon pointed out the Flanderization of criticisms even to the point of absurdity and contradiction, this is how we get claims like
>it’s a movie game (that has no cutscenes)
>it’s just reading walls of text but the dialogue is too short
>it’s a hiking simulator but you just fast travel everywhere
>there’s no getting lost and I got lost because the directions are bad and confusing
And if you get into the weeds on specific claims it becomes abundantly clear that they often are not actually familiar with the game itself, frequently making simple factual errors or misremembering things from Oblivion or Skyrim and confusing them with Morrowind.

All in all, a sane, emotionally well adjusted and sentient human being would’ve simply accepted “I don’t like this game” and moved on, decades ago. Yet behold, the endless font of seething and ass-hurt. Ironically, you’ll usually see people who like Morrowind doing a superior job of criticizing the game than the assblasted whiners. Truth hurts: they’re here for an anti-hugbox circlejerk, they’re not interested in any kind of discussion to arrive at any kind of truth.
>>
>>3496513
These are actual facts, there is nothing to disagree about. Either you have a counter argument or you concede. Failure to do so means you aren't capable of being a rational person and holding a discussion.
>>
>>3496515
>my opinions are ‘facts’
This is what participation trophies does to a nigga
>>
>>3496518
The amount of reading in the game is measurable. It does not approach anything to the close to the majority of the game. I accept your concession.
>>
>>3496515
I already laid out my entire perspective on why the setting is good further up the thread, all you said was "nuh uh." Nuh uh isn't a fact.
You're not gonna go anywhere with this, you're just going to act like a gay retard and insist I'm not arguing correctly until one of us gives up and stops replying. Feel free to suck my balls.
>>
>>3496525
Youre not talking to someone interested in any kind of discussion
>>
>>3496525
Is this the part where you start seething and samefagging?
>>
>>3496532
>>3496525
Whoops, I made a typo. I actually meant to write
>I'm a gay retard who loves dicks in my ass
Sorry, it's hard to think about anything other than how much I love guzzling hot loads of jizz.
>>
>>3496514
>they’re not interested in any kind of discussion
Attempting an "objective" view on it is a sign of immaturity already.
>>
>>3496514
>you’ll usually see people who like Morrowind doing a superior job of criticizing
I'm yet to see a morrowfag say something negative about the game. It's funny how you pretend to be so smug when morrowind fans are the biggest crybabies when someone else criticizes the game they feel so emotionally attached to. Also, conveniently forgetting how much morrowind faggots like to shit on other games, and specially the other games of the same series. Then, when you receive the same pile of crap, get all so offended. Maybe if the game didn't have a complete dogshit delusional fanbase it would not be as hated as it is
>>
>>3496749
How do you know I'm not a morrowfag when I argue against it? Your psychic schizo abilities?
>>
File: 1715229017241090.png (964 KB, 1920x1080)
964 KB
964 KB PNG
>>3496749
>Maybe if the game didn't have a complete dogshit delusional fanbase it would not be as hated as it is
Nah I would still hate on it. TES is garbage.
>>
>>3496749
No offense, but you word your post like you were quite the crybaby yourself
>>
>>3496749
A fantastic example of the seething that I was describing, thank you for illustrating my point anon
>>
File: 1412020687296.gif (1.31 MB, 240x252)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB GIF
>>3496749
>I'm yet to see a morrowfag say something negative about the game
>>3496357
>Morrowind's combat really is a bit shit.
>If the game should be shat on for anything it's the absurd level design in the DLCs.
>The basic dungeons are also a bit boring and same-y in general
>>
>>3496486
Really? Just going to do the exact thing you criticized me for doing? Do you have any shame?
>>
File: Meltdown.png (91 KB, 2520x1153)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>3496532
>Is this the part where you start seething and samefagging?
Threadly reminder that picrel is the type of behavior that anti-Morrowind schizoids routinely engage in. We're reaching levels of projection that shouldn't even be possible.
>>
>>3496514
>Combat consists of pressing one button over and over again with no strategy, thought or anything engaging
>if you point this out you must be autistic
>>
>>3497002
So yes?
>>
File: Lilura.png (933 KB, 837x624)
933 KB
933 KB PNG
>In my history of 1990s computer games (linked to above), I declared the 1990s to be the best decade for computer-gamers. I refer to this decade as The God-tier 1990s.
>However, it was the 90s that spawned most of the greatest computer games and computer-game genre.
>Of my current top 10 (see right sidebar), eight are 90s masterpieces and the other two are late 80s masterpieces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJGbCNtGEis
>>
>>3493752
Women like to conform and she conformed to RPGCodex fags, who are basically reddit but in a depressive mood.
>>
Daily reminder Lilura :
>hates Morrowind
>hates oblivion and oblivion with guns
>think FO2<FO1
>hates bg3
>hates reddit
>hates political hamfisting
>thinks Arcanum is the absolute peak of video games
If he wasn't a troon but an intern assistant sfx recorder at Troika 20 years ago you guys would be sucking him off, not gonna pretend otherwise.
>>
>>3498879
He's just morrowind bait, dude
>>
>>3493455
This is the very definition of needing to touch grass.
>>
>>3498879
I definitely would not approve of anyone praising Arcanum.
>>
>>3498879
Lilura still considers Fallout 2 a 9/10 game or some shit so /v/ would still hate him.
>>
>>3495048
>gradually I began to hate them
>>
>>3493464
>zoomers
The zoomers I have met who claim so are le contrarian hate popular thing, old thing better faggots. Their steam playtime for it is non existent, yet they have thousands of hours in the ones they supposedly despise.
Really makes you think huh.
>>
>>3500730
The poser and anti-poser shit is common with kids/young people. Trying to emulate adults and fit in, with a narrow view on what adults are like, or something along those lines. Insecurity at the roots of it.
>>
>>3493464
As an actual boomer who played morrowind when it came out, eh.
The concept of Morrowind (especially at the time it came) is/was cool as fuck; a free-roam fully 3D single player rpg with various quests and a seemingly robust rpg-system? Yes please!
I *wanted* to like Morrowind so fucking much. The lore is wacky and esoteric, but if you're into that kind of vibe (like me) it's easy to like.
But then I played it. The mechanical problems (like the ridiculously small draw-radius before fog, at release time that is) I could mostly forgive, even though gamebryo has aged horribly badly, but the loot-item-skill system while cool in theory, was so insanely to easy to break even by accident it's a baffling in retrospect they shipped it as it is. This made the game, well, boring, after knowing how easy it was to break.

tl;dr: Morrowind is a deserved cult classic that's obviously had a huge legacy and influence, but even I can't find nostalgia goggles powerful enough to not see the problems the game has in core areas of gameplay. Time has treated it much worse than many other classic crpgs, even with modernization mods added and the engine is absolute dogshit.
>>
>>3497761
Lilura is a dude. You can run a gender analysis on the text and it will come up overwhelmingly masculine. Or you can just use your common sense and realize women don't write autistic blogs about crpgs.
>>
>>3500748
The male-brained autistic women do.
>>
>the third worlder bethesda fans are still seething and foaming at the mouth
>>
>>3498879
>Hates political hamfisting
>Loves Arcanum
Wtf? Pick a side. I got filtered by Arcanum for its obnoxious racial politics.
>>
>>3501202
Arcanum is actually super left leaning, it's fanbase is just really dumb and doesn't understand what it's about.
>>
>>3493455
Who and why should I give a shit?
>>
>>3501204
this, it's a parable about 19th century marxism
>>
>>3493459
FPBP
>>
>>3494265
>It was interesting when it came out because there wasn't much like it in terms of a 3D first/third person game
There's still nothing like it
>>
>>3500746
>Morrowind is a deserved cult classic that's obviously had a huge legacy and influence, but even I can't find nostalgia goggles powerful enough to not see the problems the game has in core areas of gameplay. Time has treated it much worse than many other classic crpgs, even with modernization mods added and the engine is absolute dogshit.
I am also a Morrowboomer and this is fair and largely accurate.
>>
>>3494955
>Bethesda flooded the genre with retards who think any game where you swing a sword around is an RPG
That would be soulslop
>>
>>3501230
It's incredibly derivative of Ultima, it wasn't original or innovative to begin with
>>
>>3501249
Umm actually TES was inspired by DnD
>>
>>3496749
>I'm yet to see a morrowfag say something negative about the game.
For starters, the balance is hot garbage. I've heard that they literally had no time to playtest it, and I'd certainly believe that. It doesn't matter how you build your character, at some point you will inevitably become an unstoppable killing machine. The only thing the expansions could do to counter this was to inflate enemy stats to absurd levels. A common goblin living in the sewers of Mournhold is stronger than Dagoth Ur.
>>
>>3501264
No, its literally ultima. Right from the beginning it was a copy of ultima underworld, and as of Todd rising to power it became a copy of ultima 7. Its always been a shitty version of Ultima. This is as per the devs.
>>
>>3501202
You're a retard
>>
>>3501327
No, it's DnD
>>
>>3495048
Don't forget just ignoring the actual rebuttals and complaining how anyone who disagrees with you is *other game* fan who are talking shit because of *other reasons*
>>
>>3493463
No different than here. You're posting screencaps from a troon rather than a youtuber's slop vid, but it's the same concept.
>>
Morrowinds combat is the weakest part of the game, I'm surprised there are people who would get angry at this. It is at best serviceable. It's never satisfying due to bad animations and lack of hit feedback.

Ironically, the missing/stamina problem is basically nonexistent outside of the extreme early game.
>>
>>3501336
What for? Arcanum is a super political game. It's obnoxiously political, even.
>>
>>3501535
I think most people can agree that the animations sucked and general engine feel was stilted.
The problem is that people who criticize it for the dodge/skill-to-hit system begin and end their critique with being butthurt about dice mechanics in an RPG. Combine that with the magic system actually being quite fun, and it just comes off as reductive.
>>
>>3493942
Huh, I thought that was Gothic. But I guess the clunky controls would be mentioned in the first place.
>>
How /v/ views Lilura is how everyone else views /v/irgins when you fags post your stupid ass opinions on video games.
>>
>>3493459
/thread
>>
>>3493872
>ranked 62 in the US
>somehow a normie game

Do reading-comprehensioncels really?
>>
>>3501204
>>3501216
>muh media literacy
>muh death of the author
Try to make your minds up already you pathethic pseuds.
>>
>>3501980
Death of the author means the content is all that matters, not the author's opinion on the content. Media literacy is admittedly just a retarded buzzword lately being used by the least media literate people on the planet to pretend their dogshit opinions are facts.
They're not contradictory though. You can believe your dogshit analysis of the text is correct BECAUSE you don't care what the author intended when he wrote it.
>>
>>3501661
It's only a top selling game on the Xbox. Because it's for retarded Xbox kids. This was already addressed.
>>
>>3502086
>You can believe your dogshit analysis of the text is correct BECAUSE you don't care what the author intended when he wrote it.
That's just plain death of the author. You can't say that someone who wrote their own work is illiterate for disagreeing with your interpretation.
>>
>>3502086
>They're not contradictory though.
Maybe not in some semantical and theoretical sense. In practice these viewpoints almost always clash.

"Media literacy" is ultimately the more slavish viewpoint though. With death of the author you might be retarded but at least your thoughts are your own.
>>
>>3493716
>The only that I've encountered that can hold a candle to Tolkien
Kill yourself, you fucking idiot. This console tripe doesn't even hold a candle to generic isekai slop.
>>
>>3502676
>I disagree with you!!
Why do anons think these are worthwhile posts. How about you talk about a game you like instead?
>>
File: 1689541304732113.gif (1.14 MB, 446x469)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>3502086
>They're not contradictory though. You can believe your dogshit analysis of the text is correct BECAUSE you don't care what the author intended when he wrote it.
No you fucking ape, that's not even what Barthes meant with the idea of the death of the author, the death of the author means that as long as the reader finds something that pleases them it's okay, they're entitled to their own interpretation of the text but it doesn't mean their interpretation is "correct" just because Barthes himself didn't care, the death of the author is Barthes' argument to explain how texts have an enormous amount of possible interpretations due to the semiotic nature of language and human interpretation, but that doesn't mean all of these interpretations are equally valid, unless you're a coward like Barthes whose only metric is a psychotic idea of personal pleasure.

In actual semiotic theory, the Intentio Auctoris (What the author wanted to say) and the Intentio Lectoris (What the reader gets from the text) are not the same thing, they're not inherently equally valid when it comes to textual analysis, they're two of the three facets of semiotic analysis together with the Intentio Operis, they absolutely CAN be contradictory and your dogshit analysis of the text is actual dogshit because you're a fucking retard, your opinions aren't inherently correct because they're yours alone, get the fuck out of here with this pseudorelativist midwit nonsense.
>>
>>3502864
I would like a big mac, small fries and a large soda, please.
>>
>>3502086
Living example of Dunning-Kruger Effect in action.
>>
>>3501204
Arcanum is nazbol.
>>
Yep time to make the rounds and bump all 40 shitty threads I made that every single person here hates me for. God only knows why I do this.
>>
>>3496514
Good post
>>
>>3504850
No.
>>
>>3493455
What I'm interested in is:
with all the detailed articles, and in depth reviews etc etc
Why Blogspot?
ffs make your own minimalist site.
(low iq cant be an excuse)
>>
>>3493455
>Prove her wrong.
Sometimes I do just like a walking sim.
I even walk around slow.
An entire game session just going from A to B.
Sometimes.
>>
does the game ever get more interesting than going from one city to another, talk to people and get 3 additional quests where you have to go to even more towns?
>>
File: 1701997685039908.jpg (89 KB, 1024x768)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>3493455
Morrowind is trash.
It doesn't pass the basic eye test of an interactive 3d game and didn't 20 years ago when boomers played it for the first time.
If it was a game from 90s I'd understand why people goon over it so much but it came out when basic action rpg formula was figured out.
The combat system is nonexistent. The movement is garbage, it feels like your feet are glued to the floor. AI is nonexistent, NPCs just stand around and hostile NPCs only have basic AI that cannot pathfind and beelines towards you once you're within 15 feet.

The fun parts of Morrowind is abusing scaling mechanics and doing stupid ridiculous spells and worldbuilding. Something that doesn't carry the game at all. Really, blowing up some integer in an equation to do a massive jump is as basic as it gets when it comes to "abuse game system" type of fun. Regardless, we live in a timeline where Bethesda has managed to squeeze out turd after turd for the next 15 years with critical acclaim.

Bethesda was never good. Todd Howard never made a good game. The closest Bethesda came to a good game, and we're talking about pure execution of basic game mechanics, is fallout 4. Gunplay was not 10 years behind the industry standard, but instead 5. Movement was finally normal after failing to get it right with oblivion, fallout 3 and skyrim. They made a gen 7 game in 2015 and that was as close they got to the rest of the industry.
>>
>>3506751
>Gunplay
>gen 7
lmao get a load of this n'wah
>>
>>3506764
another meaningful post from a morrowind lobotomy patient
>>
Morrowind starts off on a boat. Trannies and women (also trannies) cannot understand boats. Simple as.
>>
>>3493775
Literal psychopath by default. Best case sex maniac with BPD.
>>
>>3493455
Him or her, it's right.
Aside from maybe fallout, but at least fallout it good.
>>
>>3508281
I would gladly take a thousand Morrowfags over a single tranny. It’s not even a question.
>>
>>3493455
I can’t she’s objectively correct about everything she says here
>>
>>3508286
Yeah, you'd like to pleasure a thousand morrowfags, wouldn't you, you flaming homosexual?
>>
>>3493463
no that is actually a valid point this blogger is a 40+ yr old man and I agree with him
>>
>>3493455
Well, given that the only actual point she tries to make in that wall of text is about graphical quality, I don't think I have to prove her wrong because she's obviously a retard.
>>
>>3510605
It's easy to boldly make obviously and easily verifiably wrong statements when your arguing against someone who can't respond, huh? And you'll keep doing it every day to keep yet another TES thread off page 10 because your intelligence is lower than that of a pig.
>>
>>3505434
Because Blogspot is comfy.
>>
>>3505434
Because the priority and passion is for the articles, not web design. And shes been at this for ages.
>>
>>3493455
I cant.
>>
>>3493455
>>3493463
Based.
>>
File: shigure-ui-dance.gif (1.13 MB, 498x385)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB GIF
>>3493455
Morrowind is an excellent game whose greatness is only revealed to those who can see beyond the veil. Quite curious how most of its detractors are either deranged, plebs, gypsies, homosexuals, autogynephilic, or crypto-pedos. Very curious indeed.
>>
>>3493484
>>3493455
i loved Quake 3 (1999) but that's not an RPG. Quake 1 was ugly.

imo trannies have shit taste and probably never played Quake 1, that brown mess which would later inspired "gray brown bloom" games. trannies might as well rant about all the 2D RPGMakers game they never played.
>>
>>3495049
horseshoe-san. meet nuts.
>>
>>3495054
>games she likes are dying and being forgotten.

name his tranny games so i can mock them here.
>>
>>3495382
>le ebin “oldfag” who’s posted here since 1998
4chan didn't exist....did 2channel even exit in 1998. not sure if you're new or a chatbot thesedays.
>>
>>3513769
It did not, and neither did the SA forums. It was hyperbole, anon.
>>
>>3513745
fallout, arcanum, baldurs gate, planescape torment
>>
>>3513774
>fallout
not tranny
>arcanum
ermmmm maybe?
>baldy gate
it only got tranny in the demake. he liked the Beamdoge version i guess?
>Planescape
probably tranny. but i'll give it a pass since it was made before trannies got this fucking annoying and tried to cancel games both in the mainstream and in indies.
>>
As someone who used to be a prominent RPG Codex poster (join date 2008), but doesn't visit the site anymore.

The site was founded in 2002 by Fallout and Arcanum fans, and was mostly a niche forum to circle jerk Black Isle and Troika games.

But then Oblivion happened and RPG's went mainstream and it completely mindbroke the userbase. I think it was VD (unironically the developer of Age of Decadence/Colony Ship) who wrote a long and scathing review about how bad Oblivion was and how it ruined everything, and the site switched to just hating on the casuals, aka being contrarian to the mainstream. A couple years later Fallout 3 released and NMA users joined in (as well as many other newcomers) and the site became a place to whine about games being dumbed down, which to be fair was justified as this was the "dark age" of CRPG's (there were practically no CRPGs being made between Dragon Age: Origins and the first Pillars game).

At that time the site still had some class, many users would write long and thoughtful posts on game and narrative design (it was the Codex who coined the term Choices & Consequences), there were actual developers (including Tim Cain and some Obsidian guys) making regular posts.

As a funny side-note, the Codex USED to be rather progressive. They were one of the first gaming spaces to have trans posters (Kaiserin and ScottishMartialArts), and NO ONE hated them, in fact the whole website was obsessed with them as it was this cool new thing. One of the trannies even starred in a porno and the whole site watched it.

But then it got consumed by the culture war/pol-shit, all the developers and public personas ran away in panic, and it's now mostly just Slavs and Eastern Europeans posting about how they hate faggots and niggers. This was also when they added the "reddit gold" post ratings, which meant that you either conform to the hivemind or get rated "retard", "cuck", "shit" etc.
>>
>>3513899
>But then Oblivion happened and RPG's went mainstream and it completely mindbroke the userbase.

lol. Oblivion was mainstream....no one who liked Oblivion can be a called a normie.
>>
>>3513899
>it's now mostly just Slavs and Eastern Europeans posting about how they hate faggots and niggers. This was also when they added the "reddit gold" post ratings, which meant that you either conform to the hivemind or get rated "retard", "cuck", "shit" etc.

stop being racist to slavs, >>>/pol/lefty
>>
>>3513901
>lol. Oblivion was mainstream....no one who liked Oblivion can be a called a normie.
It was mainstream. Anyone who was an adult when it was new and had friends into gaming can attest to this. This was the time period of PC series shifting to being console series, which necessitated a certain degree of simplification and 'dumbing down' for lack of a better term, due to inferior controls if nothing else (controller vs mouse and keyboard). TES was always a PC series, Oblivion was the first game in which the interface and game mechanics were designed for console foremost, and PC second. Morrowind received a PC -> Xbox port, but simply comparing the PC interfaces of Morrowind and Oblivion, it's plain as day. Consoles grew to be the larger market (and hence catered to by devs and publishers) and were always more normie-friendly than PCs, back in the early to mid 90s, PCs were expensive and most people didn't have them, and they were only for nerds anyway. Having a console in your living room hooked up to a TV was seen entirely differently.

For another cultural shift, contrast Fallout 1/2/Tactics with Fallout 3+, including NV. Same shit.
>>
>>3513899
The general gaming subforum is just /v/ with names lol.
You have people just making new accounts to post bait and get reactions and/or validate their contrarian opinions.
>>
>>3513709
>t. deranged homosexual autogynephilic pleb gypsy crypto-pedo
>>
>>3513899
>RPG's went mainstream and it completely mindbroke the userbase
I don't know how anyone bothers to still whine about it. Arrested development.
>>3513907
>due to inferior controls
RPGs were going to be streamlined with or without them, so it's weird that this argument persists to this day.
>>
>>3513899
Wow, that's embarrassing. Good then that site got better now at least.
>>
>>3514125
You should go back there, they love bethesda games and you can discuss them all you want
>>
>>3514185
No reason to. We love Bethesda games here on /vrpg/ too
>>
>>3514188
No we absolutely do not
>>
>>3514188
lol
>>
>>3514191
That's a denial.
>>
>>3513899
I always respected mondblut for shitting on Fallout-likes and beingt into blobbers
>>
>>3514188
There is not a single regular here who likes elder scrolls, and every time the TES shilling starts it winds up being some schizo like Trainwiz or some real life tranny from the Tamriel Rebuilt discord. They also get caught because they can't help themselves.
>>
File: 1703177142751802.jpg (9 KB, 335x200)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>3514188
>>
>>3514198
Mondblut is a massive poser idiot that only plays dogshit and thinks playing old games is a free pass for liking garbage.
>>
>>3514202
/vrpg/ was always, consistently TES focused board since it's release. Only bg3 being fotm derailed this board for a while.
>>
>>3514206
Then explain why TES threads only get bumped once a day. It's almost like it's one autistic retard that would be better off on codex.
>>
>>3514188
I would rather bathe is battery acid than play a bethesda game again. There is no other rpg dev I find so gratingly bad and if there was one company I could erase from history they would be it.
>>
>>3514202
>There is not a single regular here who likes elder scrolls
>meanwhile everyone here has hundreds of hours of playtime on them
Yeah we totally don't like them or anything like that
>>
>>3514208
>>3514202
It's a pretty bold assumption this entire board isn't a sewage drain for zoomers with OCD that shill for the devs. Just look at Underrail threads. In every single one the discussion dies down after 10 posts, and then the discord zoomers turn them into live tech support spoonfeeding retards because that's the only way the game is playable. They ARE the regulars. Everyone else doesn't bother because there's not a single string of original thought on here.
>>
>>3514302
There's this one schizo on a one man crusade to clean that all tes threads here are a conspiracy by the evil trainwiz to kill him or some shit. legit mental illness but he's easy to identify
>>
>>3514188
You should find a new website.
>>
>>3514320
>then the discord zoomers turn them into live tech support spoonfeeding retards because that's the only way the game is playable
You mean the threads with a handful of malevolent retards from a dead general who spend all day trying to trick idiots into playing their garbage just so they can answer a stupid question? Which half the time doesn't work anyways and they just wind up replying to themselves? Wow no way, glad those people are here.
>>
>>3514419
I wouldn't say the game is garbage compared to Bethesda RPGs or that it is evil to give people tips, but in that case you have actual regulars who've run the discussion so deep into the ground they should basically be purged from the board so that anons who haven't played it for 2000 hours can have a normal thread. It's more pathetic than malevolent, really.
>>
>>3514419
It’s time to touch grass and log off, anon.
>>
>>3514456
Meds bro
>>
>>3514188
I love modding Bethesda games. Fallout 4 is a fantastic game and so is Skyrim, when you can heavily modify the fuck out of them both.
It's a testament to Bethesda as a company that they're basically the only company in the world people want to stop "supporting" the game with updates that break the game, let alone mods.
It's the only company where people teach others how to stop updates, rollback updates, and keep the game as untainted by the company as possible.

Microsoft needs to put that company through a thresher and winnow the shit from the seed.
>>
>>3514748
>nooo my shitty mods
>this company needs to die!!!
Fuck off you mentally ill modtranny
>>
File: 1452465141562.jpg (17 KB, 350x277)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>3514775
I could say they should die simply for releasing Saarfield.
You gonna defend that, champ?
>U BLODY BENCHOD BASTERD SAARFIELD IS GREAT GAME I WORK HARD ON TAKE OFF CINEMATIC DO THE NEEDFUL AND BUY IT U PAKISTAN BICH
>>
>>3514792
I could say your opinion isn't worth shit. Keep playing bethesda and seething about it, faggot.
>>
>>3514188
What is there to love about bethesda games? The epic memes that their bugginess generates? The bad gameplay that gets worse with every iteration?
>>
File: 1519557718372.jpg (78 KB, 640x640)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>3514798
Actually I'm playing Obsidian since I'm playing modded New Vegas.
>>
>>3514816
>taking a break from bethesda games and playing a bethesda game by another dev
Based bethesda fan
>>
>>3494876
explain why, smug animu grill.
>>3495368
again, explain why. these lists look very arbitrary and random.
>>
File: 1624629613451.png (3.09 MB, 1920x1080)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB PNG
>>3514830
I don't know why you're so bothered by modders.
You should appreciate people who enjoy mods, considering you're a heavily modified man.
>>
>>3494984
>>3494985
what's the difference?
>>
>>3514926
1. BG1 ES is ported into the BG2 engine which mechanically changes many spells, items, and weapon proficiencies. Personally this doesn’t bug me since many people have been porting bg1 into bg2 for decades but one could make a purist argument about this.

2. They added a bunch of awful tranny fan fiction characters, and shitty fan fiction modder dialogue to existing characters

3. They added new magical items which fuck up what little balance there is in the game

4. Despite basically being repackaged community mods added to games that were done being developed decades ago, they somehow introduced a bunch of bugs of their own creation, as well as arbitrarily changing the way certain rules and mechanics work, like the Daystar sword for one quick example
>>
>>3514933
BG1 EE is ported*
The only one I would unambiguously recommend as a straight improvement over the original is the PS:T EE. The others are trash. But at least if you buy the EEs on GOG they come bundled with the original games, which is the only way I am aware of to still buy them, since Beamdog forced every storefront to stop selling the originals once the EEs came out (total horseshit btw)
>>
>>3514924
Mod users are low IQ retards. I can respect a handful of mod creators who made worthwhile mods.
>>
>>3493775
that you are not a gemini, thats the issue
>>
>>3496054
Thank god for weaponized autism.
>>
File: 1707341992992828.jpg (68 KB, 1024x683)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>3496054
Fucked her harder than she's ever been fucked in her life.
>>
File: 1668250337889556.jpg (67 KB, 992x992)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>3507101
Not sure why I'm even offended over my star sign that means nothing, but fuck you. Also, I've never had sex loser.
>>
>>3515600
based virgin
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (12 KB, 199x253)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>3515600
>I've never had sex
That's just means your inner BDP maniac has yet to be awakened
>>
File: 1680x1050_02.jpg (724 KB, 1680x1050)
724 KB
724 KB JPG
>>3493455
Idk how to since I've never played Morrowind. However, she has helped my brainlet self with Arcanum with her guide here https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2020/05/Arcanum-Walkthrough-Guide-Part-I-Crash-Site-Arbalahs-House-Spirit-of-Brehgo-Fahrkus-Shack.html , so she is based, and I automatically agree with her now.
>>
>>3511236
>This document was last updated on the 8th of June, 2024.
>* Halved page load time / mem footprint.
My point is mainly out of curiosity...
It really isn't that hard to do, and for someone who makes such intricate and detailed analysis about games...
Making your own minimalist website is literally an afternoon away...
>>
>>3493463
Calling out behaviors as some sort of "gotcha!" doesn't actually prove those behaviors to be incorrect nor does it justify your own stance.



[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.