[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: capsule_616x353.jpg (100 KB, 616x353)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Anyone else playing this?

Shameless Etrian Odyssey knockoff but with a Darkest Dungeon 2 style relationship system, also lesbians
>>
File: GNa6q2_bEAAW-CU.jpg (509 KB, 1920x1080)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>3498535
I was actually thinking of refunding it because of the shitty machine translation but they have translation fixes on the roadmap and after playing it a bit more I started to stop caring about the text, it's pretty fun as a knockoff EO
>>
File: WitchandLilies_nSqAmfCGvG.png (1.5 MB, 1920x1080)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>3498535
it is playable but as some said,needed a lot more polish before i can say it is a good EO clone
>>
File: 20240525120200_1.jpg (1.36 MB, 3840x2160)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>3498535
Currently on floor 4.
Definitely needs some QoL. like showing shortcuts you discovered from the impassable site as a greyed out arrow or something. First layer is dark as fuck and i missed a few on the first trip. i don't enjoy pressing X on every wall. A little "X interact" in the corner would also be nice if there actually is something. If i am not drawing the map myself a couple more reminders would definitely help.
Combat so far seems easier than the earlier floors of any EO.
I even made the crave mistake of getting boxed in by an FOE on floor 3 and forgot my warp wire. Somehow managed to pull through.
Also some things like bulk selling would be nice.
Skill system just screams EO but that's not a bad thing. Also my warrior and wizard are hitting it off now so curious what that whole partner thing is about now.
Besides that the translation needs some polish. or a lot of it. Spelling mistakes, a space seems to be generally missing when (you)r name comes up and some text and button prompts are straight up untranslated.

I still enjoy it despite the jank but i can see people being put off because of it.
>>
So what I'm hearing is wait a year, see if they make it better through patches, then get it on sale at a larger discount.
>>
>>3498558
if you are not externally into yuri then yeah,that what i would suggest as well. very least wait until they polish up the game first
>>
Ayo why are they all 12
>>
>>3498563
nah
>>
>>3498563
Because it's a girl's adventure. It's like how all the playable characters in The Stick of Truth were 8.
>>
>>3498563
The statistical peak of female attractiveness is at 14.
>>
>>3498563
out of 10
>>
>>3498537
what do the affinity symbols mean? is that a rating system that's commonly used in japan? or in general and i am just too dumb and don't know about it?
Also as far as i can see they aren't in the game (see >>3498551). Unless they are unlocked by something later, which i guess would make sense to not give you too much insight into the pairing mechanics right from the start.
>>
>>3498535
Picked it up since I needed a new DRPG, kekking at my healer getting cucked out of her relationship with my warrior by my mage. It definitely needs the fixes/changes outlined on the dev roadmap, though. Dungeon floors (up to 4 so far at least) look pretty samey.
Also has anyone done the medicine materials goblina den side quest? It’s supposedly on floor 3, but I can’t find it after combing through the tiles. I got a message from the fairy pal to go west, but couldn’t find anything. Then I cancelled and reaccepted the quest hoping it would play the message on floor 3 again to see if it said anything else, but it seemed like it was a one time event.
>>
>>3498535
Another classic case of
>we want the weeb yurifag audience
>wait, gameplay?
>we'll uh... uh... what has low effort to high engagement statistics these days?
>great! we'll do a DRPG!
>just get Ayako from accounting to draw some random boxes in on graph paper and we'll use those as dungeons
>shit we need an English translation now?
>hmmmmm... oh, Haruka from HR studied English in uni didn't she? just get her to do it!
>>
>>3499047
It’s in the south part of the map, the fairy rat fucking lied
>>3499057
>low effort to high engagement
>DRPG
>high engagement
Dawg, I don’t think DRPGs are very popular/engaging with the general audience
>>
>>3498553
Do skill levels feel meaningful? EO has a problem where not only does the game not tell you what you're getting from the next skill point, but the values for each level just vary wildly and seemingly arbitrarily. You got some skills that are just there for level padding, skills that have huge breakpoints in effectiveness, skills that basically do nothing unless they're maxed out, skills that make it significantly harder to not die horribly if you put in more points, et cetera. And that's ignoring the odd glitch.
>>
File: 20240525225232_1.jpg (1.01 MB, 3840x2160)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>3499166
It has the same thing as EO where it only shows you an arrow up/down or sometimes 2 arrows at certain breakpoints (which also often increase MP cost so don't pump everything into a single skill early on if you can't handle the increased cost, same as EO).
I guess the good(?) thing is that you don't have to worry about putting some points into gathering skills.
Instead you have to bother with the bond related skills i guess.
Also the text formatting is fucked there on the bottom right, holy shit.

Also also, i feel like i already wanna respecc my warrior. chaser builds are too fun to not do.
>>
anyone got a dl link?
>>
>>3499166
did you only play EO1 on the DS?
>>
>>3499184
no
>>
Can I play the game without any relationships?
>>
>>3499202
You can ignore the systems designed for it, like only put a single character per activity, but there are some random interactions you can't avoid, over time it's pretty likely for some kind of relationship to develop between your party members
>>
The recent roadmap thing they put out says they're going to add a new job class so I'm going to wait until then. If at least one of the new portraits is a loli then I'd be sold on trying it out, there's not quite enough that align with my tastes right now. It also sounds like it's buggy so it's better to wait in general.
>>
Can someone upload his game? Somehow I can't find it anywhere online.
>>
>>3499218
I will attempt the holiest "all the girls are made for me" route.
>>
>>3498864
They're in the game, they just build up really slow.

And nobody else uses it but you're dumb. Heart means like, broken heart means dislike. It's not just a number that goes up or down meaning that characters can have love-hate relationships.
>>
>>3499219
It says new job classes and dungeons.

They did have new jobs listed on the stretch goals for the original crowdfunding project but that's the elf and furry which are already in the game so we've got no idea what the new classes are going to be.
>>
>>3499321
He probably means the circles and triangles
>>
>>3499328
Then that's the super common ones used everywhere

X < triangle < circle < double circle
>>
File: eo affinities.jpg (111 KB, 703x512)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>3499343
>>3499328
And I assumed it was the hearts because of how obvious these are given how they're literally the same ones used in EO
>>
>>3499325
If it's multiple new classes and not just one then that's even more chances for them to give me what I want. I obviously hope the game itself is good as well, that goes without saying.
>>
>>3499368
I hope they make more titty monsters
>>
>>3499371
There's enough of those already, all I ask for is at least one more flatty. It could be a split class where one version is a titty monster and the other is a loli, just give me something.
>>
>>3499380
I guess they did that with Necromancer, I could compromise on that
>>
File: zero QA.jpg (97 KB, 929x485)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
I couldn't handle the shitty AI translation and refunded it, it's plain gamebreaking in such a text-heavy game. And what the actual FUCK is up with this interface? Did they have zero people playtest it in English?

They have translation fixes on the roadmap so I'll reconsider if they actually fix it, but otherwise they can fuck off.
>>
>>3499392
I wasn't able to refund after 4 hours, kinda bullshit because entirely Japanese textboxes only showed up after more than two hours for me (one of the relationship events, probably one you can't even get in the first few ones)
I mean eventually I'll probably find it worth playing, but I'm still kinda miffed about it
>>
>>3499223
probably too niche since even wizardry 1 remake get uploaded
>>
>>3499394
Steam has robots that automatically deny refunds after 2 hours but if you resubmit and write about how problems only show up after a certain point a human will take a look and probably refund it.
>>
>>3498535
>all these EO comparisons
>something something yuri
Ok but does it have good random encounters with enemies that synergize with each other and require judicious expenditure of whatever the MP equivalent is to not die? Because that's what I play EO for.
>>
>>3499430
Yes and it also has FOEs
>>
>>3499177
>It has the same thing as EO where it only shows you an arrow up/down or sometimes 2 arrows at certain breakpoints (which also often increase MP cost so don't pump everything into a single skill early on if you can't handle the increased cost, same as EO).
god I fucking hate those arrows

Put a number on damn it
>>
>>3499439
I fucking hate the FOEs in this because if you have your back to a wall you're not allowed to escape even though they fucking chase you into single square corridors, it's dog shit.
>>
File: 1708642218648929.jpg (21 KB, 278x406)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Seems like I, Anon, was right. Only EOfags can save EO.
>>
Way too grindy.
>>
File: 1716578186716170.png (1.48 MB, 1920x1080)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>>3498535
Which are the flattest characters? I don't like yuri so I want to create a flat one and pretend it's a boy while pairing it with another one that has big titties.
>>
>>3499500
The game is not for you then. Imagine a yuri fan playing a harem game and deluding themselves into thinking it's yuri. That's basically what you're trying to do here.
>>
>>3499501
Just the facts about the flatties, please.
>>
>>3499439
Huh that sounds neat then. is there a demo? If so I have to try it.
>>
>>3499396
It really is too niche. Request on igg only has one like.
>>
>>3499500
You can play as (You), the team leader that doesn’t fight whose name you pick at the start of the game. As far as I know in the story they don’t refer to you as a girl, so you can head canon that you’re a guy leading the team
>>
File: etriam smirk.png (73 KB, 300x300)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>3499446
>because if you have your back to a wall you're not allowed to escape

That's how Etrian Odyssey used to be too. And I liked it that way.

>enter a door directly into an FOE
>you're fucked because the door is shut behind you and counts as a wall
>>
>got a quest to get a conditional drop
so is there some kind of bestiary that I can't find or is going to be no way to know which enemies have conditionals? This one they tell you but for the future.
>>
>>3499619
I haven’t gotten another conditional that I have noticed, I figured that if it’s for a quest it would tell you how to do it in the quest itself.
>>
>>3499623
well if the game is like etrian (and it certainly is like etrian) enemy conditionals leads to strong equipment unlocks in the shop. While it certainly isn't necessary etrian at least lets you check and see that an enemy has one, even if it doesn't tell you how to get it. Though the newer games do spell pretty much all of them out for you.
>>
>>3499619
i hope it's in the castle but it is still greyed out for me so i can't confirm.
>>
>>3499631
>etrian at least lets you check and see that an enemy has one,
Yeah stuff like that is the problem with this, forget conditionals, they don't even let you fucking check if an enemy has buffs/debuffs active. No HP counts/bars either, and no indications if an attack is doing more/less damage aside from the numbers.
>>
>>3499430
>>3499439
I haven't seen enemies synergize with each other and gameplay has been far easier than any EO in the first stratum
Party skilltrees seem very similar to EO to be fair and it ramped up enough that the first boss wasn't a total cakewalk
But EO early games are usually a lot harder, enemies on the first floor tickle you in this game
>>
>>3499696
>>3499663
Zoomer approved EO.
Less sexy designs from someone who isn't a creepy disgusting pedo with problematic art, simplified menus/battle info, easy enough that you don't need to look up from your phone.
>>
>>3499746
This is way harder than EO, it's only the first few floors that are easy.
>>
>>3499747
The first floors in EOs are easy too I don't really get the complaint desu.
>>
>>3499755
It wasn't really a complaint, EO3 having the stupid cats and birds that can just randomly oneshot any of your guys unless you grind in a small area isn't amazing difficulty either
>>
>>3499501
That's pretty hot though except for the yuri fan existing. I hereby grant that anon an official rung above you on the /vrpg/ social ladder and therefore deserves his flattie hints. Make it so.
>>
>>3499755
Ask this retard >>3499746
>>
>>3499789
Game isn’t for yuritards, it’s for ntrgods. After a couple of floors or so you’ll have your adventurers cheating on 3 different people in your party at any given time.
>>
>>3500166
it's really more like, pardon the word, a polycule
>>
>>3500167
That would imply that they are happy/consenting to it. My warrior had 3 “partnerships” which eventually led to her original partner breaking up with her due to the overwhelming built up resentment towards her.
>>
>yuri
trannyshit
>>
No wonder they went with early access, it's like no testing was done at all lol
>>
>>3500243
Just like Etrian
>>
>>3498535
Is it good? Can you customize your aprty to have five farmers?
>>
>>3498535
>also lesbians
kys dysgenic amerimutt
>>
>>3500200
Did the second and third partners not care about the fact that warrior was already in a relationship with the first? Or did they just somehow not know about it despite them all being in the same party.
>>
>>3498535
Look extremely rough so I will wait to see if it gets finished
>>
>>3500896
Caring about existing relationships is literally just not a feature
>>
>>3501314
Just like real women!
>>
Has anybody played far enough to know if there's any subclassing system or anything like that?
>>
Instead of playing this game it just made me go back and finish all the EOs I still had some postgame left to do...
>>
>>3501938
Nope, this is EO1. You can respec or change class with the usual drawbacks but that's it.
>>
>>3502472
Did you actually beat the game then? Sometimes systems like this aren't unlocked until later in the game. Even if there's no subclassing, I still wonder if there's weapon skills, gear, or anything else that gives ways to expand the moveset of each character outside of their normal skill trees.
>>
>>3502472
Does change class keep your base class stat growths?
>>
>>3498535
Wishlisted
>>
>>3506198
Dont do it man. Or wait another year. Or better wait for WaL 2. Its a very cheap EO copy that needs A LOT of work to be anywhere near EO.
>>
>>3499179
Second
Not seeing it anywhere
>>
>>3498535
I tried it but i didnt like it and dropped it.
>>
>>3499348
Those symbols are used that same way all across Japan. EO got them from the general cultural understanding of what Triangles mean in Japan.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.