[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 150 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: aoe2de.jpg (172 KB, 799x451)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
This Saturday (10th of February) we will be doing a /vst/ AoE2 tourney, will be streaming probably on twitch or some other platform will release info on that later.

So far the average player is around 1000 elo so don't be shy if you're lower elo. You'll be
required to give your in game name and current elo.

To sign up go to: https://discord.gg/274ZzUCk

Rules are 1v1, bo3, pick any civ, but it can't be reused in a set. First map is mega random, loser gets to pick the next map.

Previous tourneys:

2v2
https://youtu.be/8CmeDNCoc5k
1v1 part 1
https://youtu.be/gDOWZaoaeDU
part 2
https://youtu.be/WonW1A2kwyA
>>
Oh boy, can't wait to job to Ghost.

:-D
>>
>>1667598
Can't play this month, but I'll cheer you guys on.
>>
File: 1699940165888055.jpg (123 KB, 537x536)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>1667614
Don't worry, I didn't sign up, you will be fine.
>>
>>1668041
Oh good, time to practice my archer micro (I will pick Mayans, Britons, and Sareceans exclusively).
>>
File: 1613023282943.jpg (353 KB, 3000x3000)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>1668083
Okay?
>>
>>1667598
>have shit i have to do from 8am to 5pm
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>1667783
Same here. Have fun!
>>
If everything goes according to plan stream starts in 9 hours at https://www.twitch.tv/p_owerlt
>>
3 hours until tourney begins
>>
1 hour
>>
starting
>>
Best of luck!
>>
Present
>>
Spanish player playing deep feudal against FC Tatars.
>>
Delayed bloodlines aside, Tatars player played that perfectly.
>>
Attacking into the castle and staying 1tc lost him that. Imp timing also. He needed a second tc.
>>
Is Harmoo looking for a "most techs" award? Get guilds, not redemption. These guys should've gone fast imp.
>>
congrats to harmoo
>>
Today is going to be full of people punching Harmoo in the snoz, then failing to follow through.
>>
Stream ded
>>
>>1669772
yea for some reason it stopped working, we are done anyways, just doing random games
>>
>>1669774
K. Thx for the sets.
>>
>>1667598
wheres the stream...
>>
>>1669777
its done? you want to keep watching? we are doing ffa
>>
>>1669778
why not? how active is the discord if i wanted a buddy to play teamgames with (as a new player)?
>>
>>1669782
its that active, but you might find a guy willing to play
>>
stream done, can watch the games here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2058902734
>>
Can I get a tier list of best to worst AoE2:DE campaign?

Why did they replace some missions between HD and DE?
>>
>>1671219
I only know they removed the giga based El Dorado campaign because triggered SJW leftists seething at white men saving the tribals from cannibals who were literally called NEGROS
>>
>>1671219
Is there ANYONE who likes the dogshit 3rd world campaigns that always boil down to
>your civilization
>vs 3-5x your civilization also, sometimes you get 0-2 extra other civilizations that usually didn't even exist in the historical setting of the battle for "variety"

Only the OG Asian and all the European campaigns should be even considered playable. Maybe Montezuma as the lone exception outside these two limitations.
>>
>>1671598
Tatars are fun, Hindustanis are fun, Dravidians are surprisingly fun, Persians are fun, Georgians and Armenians are mostly fun. Cumans are fantastic.

The African and SEA campaigns were dog shit though (except Burmese, that one was ok).
>>
>>1671598
>Is there ANYONE who likes the dogshit 3rd world campaigns that always boil down to
Nobody cares about your opinion, american.
This game does not cater to your kind.
>>
>>1671598
>Portuguese sailors appear
>
>>
>>1671651
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>1671219
>Why did they replace some missions between HD and DE?
Bari was changed almost completely.
Sforza was also changed extremely heavily.
Dracula had about half its missions changed completely.
El Dorado was removed for Pachacuti, so I guess that is the most drastic one.
Alaric changed quite a lot as well. Siege of Rome plays out very differently. No water mission anymore.
Some details in Montezuma changed. Like the units you get for stealing Spanish horses are now Xolotol Warriors.
Prithviraj has changed very drastically, even having you play as a different civ.
>>
>>1671219
Most people ITT barely completed 20% of the campaigns, and most of those who did used "i r winner".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MTIb1v9YOM
What would you do if your AoE2 sport idol (Daut) did this to you?
>>
>>1672388
DauT wouldn't have the micro
>>
>>1672388
I would hate the idea of being on the receiving end of Daut's"Le funny content video" so I would close the game as soon as I see a tc being build near me. But maybe people in hight Elos don't care and I think like that precisely because I'm 1300
>>
File: file.png (190 KB, 670x654)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
https://steamcommunity.com/app/813780/discussions/27/4208120382996165320/
>>
Why this game so serious about people not cheating in singleplayer mode (with CE)?
>>
>>1673184
Broken Windows Theory.
>>
>>1673208
>if you break windows you will increase economy because you will have to pay people to fix
How does that relate to cheating in singleplayer?
>>
>>1673230
What? He's talking about the idea that the visible symptoms of a poor economy increase criminal activity.
>>
Weren't they supposed to add stuff like movement speed and area of effect and what not? Why is it still not there in the latest steam version? Or is it disabled by default for some retarded reason, and if yes where do I enable it.
>>
>>1676131
THAT NEVER HAPPENED STOP LYING
>>
even - play
odd - no
>>
play AoE 2 DE or nay
>>
>>1676193
Why wouldn’t you
>>
>>1676199
idk, sell me this game
>>
>>1676207
I’m on my phone right now ask me tomorrow
>>
>>1676211
aight
>>
I just finished the Pacha-cutie campaign. Took me about 8 hours, 90m for last 3 missions. He wasn't very cute. Insanely boring inca on inca action.
>>
Why are "Historical Battles" under Africa? There isn't a single African scenario in there.
>>
>>1676207
It's good.
Play it.
>>
Why is there no 256x mod anymore? Why is it locked behind some shitty cheat code that you can't get anymore?
>>
>>1676311
Because all humans come from Africa. All of us are Africans deep down.
>>
>>1676311
Are you diagnosed?
>>
>>1676222

Pachacuti is one of the most grindy campaign in the entire game along with Le Loi
>>
>>1676520
Unfortunately no, but I do have autism. Your point? Historical battles should have their own bookmark instead of being accessed through Africa.
>>
File: Cavalierinfo.png (44 KB, 187x130)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>1676162
What is this then? How do I get my game to show me this?
>>
>>1676311
>There isn't a single African scenario in there.
Does it matter?
Answer: It does not.
>>
File: 20240217204842_1.jpg (434 KB, 1920x1080)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>1676131
>>1676535
Anon, it's literally 1 minute of searching in 'Options'
Apply yourself
>>
>>1676311
Even wikipedia editors noticed
>sixteen unrelated scenarios linked on the Africa campaign page (although none take place in Africa).
>>
Mongols didn't need steppe lancers.
>>
>>1676888
But they deserved them.
>>
>>1676888
They're a steppe civ, what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>1676211
Are you back yet?
>>
>>1676891
Giving Mongols (with a 30% hp bonus) a food-eco pike-counter from the stable is just evil. If you don't have camels, you're just screwed.
>>
>>1676940
Then just remove the HP bonus.
>>
>>1676940
Steppe Lancers only counter pikes at very high elos.
>>
I was thinking about Age of Empires 2 on the toilet and I came up with a really really good idea, but by the time I got back to /vst/ I forgot what it was. Does it ever happen to you, that you just think to yourself about AoE2 while all alone, for no reason?
>>
>>1676987
All it takes is a small amount of micro and (IIRC) box formation.
>>1677008
Constantly. I can't stop thinking about how good the Viet food eco is.
>>
stop playing the game
donate to your favorite streamer
watch other people play
be happy
>>
stop making archers
donate to get handcannoneers buffed
watch handcannoneers become meta in all match ups
be happy
>>
File: 20240126151259_1.jpg (985 KB, 1920x1080)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
>>1677472
This is an infantrychad approved post
>>
>>1677461
That's the idea until they fix pathing
>>
its me or 70% of players are spaniards?
>>
>>1677562
>Spaniards
That would imply spanish speaking people you encounter are from Spain, which is partially wrong.
AoE2 playerbase hugely consist of southamericans, europeans and chinese; am sure there's actual spaniards but those feel like a rarity.
If you encountered a spanish speaker, chances he was Argentinian or Mexican.
>>
>>1677567
thanks for clarifying it, you are probably correct about that, wish most of them could communicate in english.
>>
>>1677570
>wish most of them could communicate in english.
Yeah, despite being a spanish speaker myself I actively avoid speaking spanish towards people that dont know how to speak english, and actively play dumb.
It has given funny results at times.
>>
File: 1688963079306349.gif (722 KB, 280x290)
722 KB
722 KB GIF
>>1677562
N-no
>>
>>1677570
>wish most of them could communicate in english
No you don't. Attempting to communicate with the south american monkies that play this game is a farce.
>>
>>1677874
Shut up American
>>
>>1676940
Mongols in general are just fucking broken as hell. The rest of the game is immaculately balanced so I really don't understand why the scene allows mongols to remain in the state they're in

>Dude kill them early or it's a civ win lmao
>>
>>1676940
>If you don't have camels, you're just screwed

more if you don't have bombards, you just can't kill their UU+onagers deathball without bombards.
>>
>>1676222
>>1676526
what are the best and worst campaigns from the DLCs? AoK and AoC it's pretty clear, but I remember some of the forgotten campaigns being scripted in such a stiff way you could break map progression at times
>>
>>1678249
>AoK and AoC it's pretty clear
Is it? When I was little, like in the games before HD even existed, I thought it was Mongols >> Saracen and Aztec campaign. Rest were boring.
>>
>>1678249
>Bohemians
>Lithuanians
>Hindustanis
>Macedonians
>Tatar
>British
>Sicilians
>Portuguese

Are my favorites
>>
>>1678298
>>Bohemians
>>Lithuanians
Where poland??
>>
>>1678302
Oh actually I never played the Polish campaign.
>>
So there will be a campaign only DLC?
I bet theyll add at least 1 civ, probably Vlachs
>>
>>1678090
Briton +3 range comes to mind.
>>1678099
I've tried that. Playing bombards against mangudai, even behind FU Towers, is just a bad idea.
>>
Am I the only girl who never makes mangonels? I'm too scared of hitting my own guys. Even in singleplayer when playing RTwP, it's just too stressful and the AI always dodges perfectly even on standard.
>>
File: Schizothread.jpg (251 KB, 1600x900)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>Am I the only girl
>>
>>1678308
Dude, Poland has the best campaign.

>>1678334
I bet we will get a Viking campaign, a Japanese Campaign, and a China campaign.
>>
>>1678349
Yes sister, I only ever make woad raiders cause they are sooo hot
>>
>>1677023
>>1677008

I like AoE2 mechanics but I CANNOT stop myself from thinking about how I would balance things to make things at least somewhat remotely historically accurate.

>spearman line has 1 range, same as steppe lancers and keshiks, Kamayuks get 2 range
>REMOVE skirmishers
>light cav (stable trash) counters archers (archery range trash) counters spearmen (infantry trash) counters light cav
>remove Man-at-Arms both as an upgrade name for Militia and as a step in the Militia line, it instead goes Militia -> Swordsman (identical to Long Swordsman, just renamed) in Feudal -> Long Swordsman (identical to Two-Handed Swordsman, just renamed) in Castle -> Champion in Imperial
>archer & elite archer replaces what skirmisher used to be, crossbow line is separate, and starts with crossbow in castle age
>Militia line gets +2 Pierce armor across the board starting with Swordsman, same +2 Pierce applies to select unique infantry units (Teutonic Knight, but not Karambitcoins/Kamayuks/other unarmored & unshielded infantry UUs, Shotel Warriors but only if they get a model upgrade to remove the stupid dual wielding and get a shield instead)
>Knights are now called Man-at-Arms, just renamed, and Knight is pushed to Cavalier, final stage remains Paladin, keeping that one out of pity
>make Samurai work like Ratha, as Ensemble Studios originally intended
>both Ratha and Samurai automatically switch to melee to attack targets in melee, shouldn't be that hard to code, you instead flip between default mode (ranged attacks at range) and melee only

That's just the bear minimum I want.
>>
>>1678507
sneed tbdesu
>>
>>1678509
Thank you, glad you liked it.
>>
>>1678507
How do meso counter archer without skirm you fucking dipshit
>>
>>1678507
the militia line is kind of dumb and mostly a holdover from aoe1. hysterically swords were only used as sidearms or in rare cases to counter pikes. I also hate how the war wagon is basically some fat cav archer when it should be an organ gun that shoots like a chukonu. the other wagon uu is awful too. I won't even get into how little things like ethiopians being a crossbow civ makes sense.
>>
>>1678520
Spear-Thrower, unique Mesoamerican unit in the archery range. Costs food only, just like Light Cav. Low fire rate, high pierce damage, but inaccurate like Arambai. Moves as fast as Plump Archer.
>>
>>1678533
>hysterically swords were only used as sidearms or in rare cases to counter pikes.
True, but longswords and greatswords/zweihanders had a niche use on professional mercenaries (like on Landsknechts, or how you use them in Battle Brothers). The feudal age Swordsman with an arming sword + shield should be able to counter spearmen (conscripts with a stick) as well, and the shield justifies his resistance to ranged attacks.
>>
>>1678535
>high pierce damage
*mostly through bonus damage against archer line, a thrown spear shouldn't do much against armored opponents, and they wouldn't be as good as archers against the spearman line due to the rate of fire and inaccuracy vs moving targets
>>
7/10 bait, should have included splitting slavs or chinese
On another note, land nomad and african clearing was a lot more fun to play than regular nomad, it's impressive how much better nomad start becomes if you take away the mandatory galleyslop.
>>1678520
Bro your IGUELOS?
>>
>>1678547
>7/10 bait, should have included splitting slavs or chinese
How is that bait? Slavs are already split, the existing Slavs should just be renamed. Chinese should be split to 3 though.
>>
File: file.png (94 KB, 256x256)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>1678520
>How do meso counter archer without skirm
>>
>>1678551
correct answer but without skirms good luck doing it without gold
>>
>>1678561
I answered your question above
>>
>>1678561
make eagle scout that only costs food like light cav and does bonus damage to archers and eagle warrior that costs gold.
>>
>>1678585
OH NO HE'S RETARDED
>>
>>1678585
No, I considered that for a nanosecond, but then I realized that the spear thrower extra unique unit is way more appropriate. Makes the boring meso campaigns slightly more diverse too.
>>
>>1678470
Based.
>>
>>1678507
Also, forgot this right under
>REMOVE skirmishers
should be
>REMOVE woad raiders
again a mistake of a unit that even HE admitted. HE said that they were forced to add it because of Braveheart. Plenty of actual Celt appropriate UUs you can have.
>>
File: qiang-zhou-20171017104106.jpg (1.61 MB, 1390x2000)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>1678595
>>REMOVE woad raiders
Fuck off cunt
>>
>>1678598
>t. emasculated LARPing faggot who probably thinks Vikings have horns on their helmets just like in his animes
Would remove that too, and once again the original game designer of AoE2 himself agrees with me.
>>
>>1678615
Dont care, those units are cool, stop being such a fag
>>
Every histard vying for historical accuracy deserves to be shot by archers until dead and then hung.
>>
>>1678624
Heh, your pitiful arrows would not go through my historically accurate plate armor.
>>
>>1678615
you dun woaded
>>
>>1678507
You got some of those in Age4
>archers are trash, crossbows are castle anti-armor (+9 damage)
>horsemen (trash) +9 against ranged units (archers have 70hp)
>MAA line mostly starts in castle, starts with 4 piercing armor and 155hp (archers have 7 damage in castle)
>>
>>1679006
>>archers are trash, crossbows are castle anti-armor (+9 damage)
Yes that was the good part of AoE4.
>>
File: 1649272217626.gif (2.56 MB, 480x480)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
>Watching Hidden Cup showmatches and qualifiers
>Oh man this is so much fun! I should get back into playing myself, why did I stop again?
>Boot up the game:
>Remember that they broke the arabia generation and I have to ban it now
>Remember that they're STILL fucking adding black forest to the comp votes and it gets voted in week after week because all the non-comp playing secondaries can vote for the maps now
>On top of that, I have to deal with Arena, Islands, AND hideout
>It's literally Gold Rush, Megarandom, and 5 absolutely horrible maps
>Only have 3 bans so I am going to have to sit through hour and a half long turtling wankfests constantly if I want to play the game
Amazing how fucking up such a simple thing like which maps are selected for ranked matches can kill any desire to play an otherwise fantastic game. Devs are fucking morons.
>>
>>1679073
be glad that you have 3 bans, in team games you have one ban and if you'll ban black forest you are going play arena 70% of time, if you'll ban arena you are going play black forest all the fucking time, if played maybe 20 team ranked games and despite putting socotra as fav map I've played it three times including that one time where random player put two houses and quit game. Pajeet devs just put black forest, arena, arabia in alternative queue and let us enjoy maps we like, I don't care waiting time when there is 1/4 probability some player going to quit in seconds anyway. (they won't fix this issue anyway)
>>
>>1679006
A shame AoE4 is such a boring ass video game and didn't go all the way in the MAA unit variation as they wanted in beta instead of giving all options to HRE.
>>
Your bets for the DLC?

Mine is Rome-themed with campaigns for Romans, Turks and Slavs.
>>
is this the hand cannon appreciation thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oORpYtL4Bm4
do you agree that pajeet +2 range is better than poortugal +accuracy?
>>
>>1679510
Japanese and Viking campaigns.
>>
>>1679513
i agree. range is yuge.
>>
>>1679513
Do Bohemians deserve the number one spot because they get handcannoneers an age early? I would think it'd go to a civilization that has more bonuses for gunpowder.
>>
>>1679513
Yet another truthbomb from the greatest AoE2 player in history. This is the era of Hera.
>>
File: 12681293840.png (167 KB, 409x382)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
FIX THE FUCKING PATHFINDINGGGGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>1679858
I play the game by pausing every second against AI only, so it doesn't bother me. Makes me feel like a low key micro goddess.
>>
>>1679510
Asian DLC for Korean, Japanese and Chinese campaigns.
>>
>>1679972
>ripping off spirit of the law's video
>>
What've happened to pathfinding in AoE2?
I don't play this game, but you got into other communities all over with these pathfinding issues.
>>
>>1679975
Not him isn't this obvious? Personally I'd love to see big ass byzantines campaign where you wouldn't be forced to use rather boring byzantine army composition but could buy ability to produce other unique units, get other civ tech and so on.
>>
>>1679985
>What've happened to pathfinding in AoE2?
They hired me as a programmer to improve the pathing.
>>
>>1679972
I want Japanese to come later when we have the Jurchens so we can have a Houjou Tokimune campaign with more civ variety.
>>
>two desync in row
maybe pathfinding isn't biggest issue for now
>>
this game doesn't need new civs. It's already league of legends bloat tier
>>
>>1680091
bro the devs heard you the next DLC is just campaigns
>>
File: 1680290607261666.gif (2.3 MB, 320x320)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB GIF
>He hasn't seen the friday leak yet
>>
>>1680091
Huge retard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DrBB0YYv38
>Continue to make cav units into flaming camels
>WTF this unit is insane
>>
>>1680091
The game still needs Jurchens for a proper Japanese campaign.
>>
>>1679992
Fuck you
>>
>>1680152
Jurchens would be it, I don't think there's much else missing that can't be represented by anyone else
Tibetans are a never ever
>>
>>1680162
gee I wonder why, would be fun to see raid of negative comments tho
>>
>>1680091
It needs new architecture for Georgia + Armenia and more Africans.
>>
>>1680162
Tanguts but of all recognized holders of the mandate of heaven they are the least relevant.
>>
>>1680192
Yes, Byzantines and Bulgarians should share that set too.
We already have Portuguese, Spanish, Sicilian, Italian and Roman with the Mediterranean set, we don't need any more.
>>
split redemption cost
200 gold tech to convert buildings
275 gold tech to convert siege
>>
>>1680238
I get that Tanguts were a decent polity, but what did they do that can't be represented by Tatars, Mongols, or Cumans?
Other than making them a partial monk civ to respresent Tibet
>>
>>1680261
who convert buildings aside aztecs? anyway when your buildings are converted you can simply delete them.
>>
>>1680262
They're not related at all to any of these. They are only remotely related to Chinese and Burmese (and Tibetans).
>>
>>1680295
I'm not asking about relation, I'm talking about gameplay. They're semi-nomadic dudes who did their part in the steppes until the Mongols came along
>>
>>1680325
Pretty sure they were sedentary mountain-dwellers. You may be thinking of the Khitans.
>>
>>1680340
It was actually my misunderstanding.
I learned about the Chinese, so the Tanguts were just another northwestern frontier barbarian group, so I thought they were from the steppe instead of the mountains
I guess it's because the Liao/Jin were more dangerous to "the heart of china" so I guess I didn't really think much about them (aside from kicking the Song back into China)
>>
>>1680192
Do you mean African architecture?
Not sure who else they could add anymore, besides splitting saracens maybe.
>>
>>1680434
>Do you mean African architecture?
no, more african kangs
>>
>>1680434
There are only three African civs in the game. Easy civ options:
>Hausas
>Yorubas
>Benin
>Kanembu
>Songhai
>Somalia
>Nubia/Alodia
>Swahili
>Kongolese
>Banyoro
All of these can potentially cover gameplay niches not already in the game.
>>
>>1680489
Yaas! Powerful! Rich and vibrant African civilizations!
>>
>>1680489
I want Benin civ with gondola workers and spurdo cock lasso throwers
>>
Does AoE2DE have difficulty options in campaigns?
>>
>>1680507
Yes, there are three and you get a suitable medal on completion of a scenario without using cheats. Different scenarios may also adjust themselves in various ways to make it easier or harder accordingly.
>>
>>1680522
I suck at RTS.
>>
>>1680522
But you get nothing other than a different colored medal for completing a campaign on a higher diff?
>>
>>1680549
You get your dick sucked by a dev and a pro player of your choice.
>>
>>1680107
Go make champions with mongols then
>>
>>1680091
Correct. It needs to fix the pathing and fire all the devs after that. Work on aoe5 if they want more money from the franchise
>>
>>1679081
Arena in team games is not that bad.
>>
Why not release a 256x mod DLC?
>>
Guys, you NEED to know about this unit combo!! NEED!
>>
POLYNESIANS CONFIRMED!!!
>>
>>1680718
Bruh
>>
>>1680718
Heh, didn't even check. It's not Friday yet.
>>
>>1680507
yes but difficulty also depends on campaign, for example there is enormous difference between hard Cid and D'Arc.
>>
>>1680489
Hausa, Swahili, Nubians and Kongolese would make a kino expansion.
>>
>>1680614
Jordan and Vinch would probably give the best head.
>>
https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-of-empires-ii-definitive-edition-update-104954/
Pathing update is out btw
>>
Civ packs
Mon/Thai
Tarascans/Zapotec
Tibetans/Jurchens
Whichever west African empire the devs like/Swahili
Swiss/Scleveni
>>
>>1680877
And Hera is the only one who wouldn't give, because he is a proud warrior of Allah, which makes him the #1 greatest player in history, who will remain unbeaten for the next 20 years.
>>
>>1680955
Shut up mudslime
>>
>>1680954
and more mess to balance, no thanks
>>
>>1680954
East Asia can easily be a larger expansion.
>>
>>1680954
Shut the fuck up
Everyone is experiencing new civ fatigue
>>
>>1680875
(You) Not sucking nigger cock for one second would be more kino
>>
>>1680942
How is it
>>
>>1680955
He barely cares about what his religion teaches.
>>1680972
>>1680984
These people don't play the game, they think aoe2 should be like eu4.
>>
>>1680987
Sure, we can have it after that one second.
>>
>>1680984
this , let AOE 3 and 4 have their new civs for the moment while we rest and balance those we already got
>>
>>1680990
I'm still waiting for dude asking for usa civ.
>>
>>1680988
no one here plays the game besides ghostmaster
>>
>>1680977
Fine
Mon, Thai, Tibetan, Jurchen, China rework

The Dragon, the Serpent and the Eagle
>>
>>1681038
I only talk about the USA civ when the thread is slow to prevent it from dying.
>>
>>1681084
I seriously wish you niggas actually post screenshoots.
Not even online matches, 1vs1's or even campaigns, to spark discussion more often.

And when I don't post screenshoots the thread becomes rather dull.
Come I know you lot play the game.
>>
>>1681086
Jurchens, Khitans, Tanguts and Tibetans. That's non-negociable.
>>
>>1681094
id play more, but i mostly play games with my only friend these days and he wont play aoe2
>>
>>1680984
Nah, it's just you. Don't worry. The aoe4 devs made civs for people struggling with "cognitive load".
>>
>>1681094
I'll do that in the future. Just didn't think to before.
>>
Why does eating plums make your archers super fast?
>>
>>1681096
Jurchens and Khitans can be combined, taking pieces from both cultures
Same as Tanguts and Tibetans, but mostly to get around the great Firewall
>>
File: HappyPlumsScreenshot.jpg (115 KB, 350x320)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>1681450
They're hopped up on Muriel's happy plums
>>
>>1681090
fine, fine.
>>
>>1680625
Squires and full upgrades, have also got fully upgraded pikeman, let the onagers do the work and the infantry protects. You can't hold if you are constantly running from land demos
>>
>>1680942
Is this it, can I finally play the game again after months of waiting? They have lied about "fixing" the pathing so many times that I don't believe shit
>>
So...lörs predictions for this DLC?
My guess:
1 new civ
2 or 3 new campaigns
bunch of historical battles
>>
>>1681422
>Nah, it's just you
Wrong
>AoE4
Too bad is AoE4 is a shit game
>>
>>1681732
>1 new civ
WHAT PART OF NOT GETTING A NEW DLC YOU DONT UNDERSTAND!?
>>
>>1681739
but we are getting a new dlc...
>>
>>1681739
>civ spleeters have no brain
Shocking
>>
>>1681740
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1705832582418033.jpg (158 KB, 1440x1438)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>1681749
whats the roplem
>>
>>1681751
Pathing
>>
>>1681732
0 new civs, or we riot
>>
>>1681764
didnt they fix it today?
>>
>>1681772
Would multiplayer fags ever buy it though if there are no new civs included?
>>
>>1681775
Trying it now.
>>
>>1681776
No but MPfags are a minority compared to SPfags
>>
>>1681785
You have to be a dumb fucking retard to believe that people that play online are actually less than the people that only play campaigns and move on to another game. Like the average brain dead faggot civ spliter
>>
I don't see no pathfinding update on steam???
>>
File: Victors.png (598 KB, 700x386)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
>>
File: Victors 2.png (1.77 MB, 1218x675)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
so its like historical battles
kinda dissapointed
>>
File: Victors 3.png (1.55 MB, 1204x666)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>
>>1681838
Are these mostly filthydelphia scenarios?
>>
>>1680954
Here my list of civilizations I wanted added to the game:

Tanguts (Western Xia)
Tibetan (Tufan Kingdoms)
Thai/Siam
Jurchens (Liao/Jin dynasties)
Champa
Nubia/Sudan
Somalia
Kongo
Yoruba
Zimbabwe
Huasa
Tarascans/Purepecha
Mixtec
Zapotec
Chimor
Muisca
Alans
Khazars
Vlachs
Sclaveni (South Slavic civilization).
>>
File: cleo.png (52 KB, 150x198)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
hot
>>
>>1681838
I will still buy it. I don't even play campaigns (too dumb for them)
>>
>>1681838
Will these be added to Co-op?
>>
>>1681838
>>1681840

What an absolute cope. So they combined the asian theme + vikings, just as Spirit of the Law, the greatest AoE2 predictor, predicted.
>>
>>1681979
SotL was right once again. Mad respect for him.
>>
These are just filthydelphia's campaigns
>>
>>1682000
and the charlemagne beta one
>>
>>1682000
Did they hire him or just stole his work?
>>
Apranikbros...
>>
>>1667598
>So far the average player is around 1000 elo
Absolute state of streamboaring zoomers.
At least you're finally playing the game i guess.
>>
>>1682000
>filthydelphia'
Stop namedropping your e-celeb like we know and/or care who he is.
>>
>>1682064
We do, you simply dont know because you are an outsider that does not play the game.
>>
File: askeladd.png (438 KB, 1280x720)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>1681838
>Karlsefni (1000)
Norse: Remade Vinlandsaga?
>Ragnar (850)
Norse: York, but with Western Europe instead?
>Finehair (870)
Norse: unifying norway
>Vortigern (440)
Briton: Early Welsh king who invited and battled the Saxons
>Stephen (1135)
Briton: the English Anarchy
>Otto (936)
Teutons: I R O N C E N T U R Y
>Charlemagne (768)
Franks: resurrecting that old mission. I SHED BLOOD OF SAXON MEN
>Robert (921)
Franks: Robert of Poitiers, defeated and converted the vikings in 921 and rebelled against Charles the Simple, usurping France from the Karlings
>Drake (1572)
English: Drake's raid on Spanish Panama
>Gaiseric (406)
Goths: life of the Vandal king, probably the Sack of Rome
>Ironside (859)
Norse: Bjorn's expedition to the Mediterranean
>Komnenos (1081)
Byzantines: Alexios I's coup d'etat
>Fetih (1453)
>Constantine XI (1453)
Different sides of the Siege of Constantinople?
>Mstislav (1203)
Rus: Mstislav the Daring of Smolensk defeating the Kypchaks
>Seljuk 985
Turks: Honfoglalás but with Turks in Persia?
>Temujin
Mongols: total remake of Into China?
>Shimazu (1535)
Japan: Satsuma monkeys getting gunpowder, I guess
>Nobunaga (1551)
Japan: the "choose your hero" Sengoku Jidai scenario mentioned
>>
File: 1708719522487.png (56 KB, 274x174)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>
>>1682155
>go get garrisoned! button on villager (female only)
Revolutionary!
>>
>>1681838
>>1681840
I've skipped rajas and I'm gonna skip this one. Pretty much none of these scenarios seem all that interesting to me, maybe except Constantinople, but that ain't worth however much they're asking
>>
>>1681776
We won't.
>>
>>1682160
Sar? Why skip? Gurjaras dominated multiplayer many many months...but only if good player. Are you not good player, sar? And Viper says Dravindian pride! Are you not fan of Viper?
>>
>>1682147
what about Fetih ? you skipped it
>>
File: Consty.jpg (284 KB, 930x1235)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>1682179
I said it's two sides of the Siege of Constantinople; Fetih'd be the Turks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetih_1453
>>
>>1682174
I don't play as any of the smelly brown civs and I don't get them when playing random
>>
>>1682210
Damn. This is actually pretty big, never thought about that. In a sense, the game incentivizes you not to purchase DLC with hard to play civs, doesn't it? Glad I don't play multiplayer, although I only purchased the Indian DLC for completionism sake, played 0 of the campaigns and don't like any of the civs, although it's still better than lazy nothingburger Georgian/Armenian DLC.
>>
12 bucks is bit steep.
>>
>>1682155
>dropoff button
based
>>
>>1681838
A bit overpriced but I'm glad they're doing what they were asked.
>>1682147
>Norse
>Rus
I unironically hope these are new names for the civs.
>>
>>1682064
>e-celeb
You people are so ignorant of the community at large it's fucking hilarious. Without "e-celebs" you wouldn't have a third edition of the game getting updates 4 years later.
>>
>>1682275
This.
>>
>paying for campagins

Yikes or cringe?
>>
>>1682275
>You people are so ignorant of the community at large
Yes
And?
T90, Viper, Hera.
Everybody else is literally who
>>
>>1682275
>you wouldn't have a third edition of the game getting updates 4 years later.
Oh nooo imagine a game not getting heccin milked for years!
Zoomies are a joke.
>>
>>1682282
I would have payed if they were more than just Battles of the Conquerors and the Forgotten 2.0.
>>
>>1682299
Memb, Nili, and arguably Dave have contributed more the scene than Hera has. Shit, SOTL has a fuck huge fanbase and attracts more interest than Hera does you fucking retard.
>>1682300
Asinine reply. Enjoy the (you).
>>
>>1682282
>>campaigns
Ackchually
>>
>>1682221
Playing random while cutting civs from the pool only gets you half-points. It's a self-imposed challenge, and you're cheating anyone who shields with the DLC.
>>
>>1682300
>Oh nooo imagine a game not getting heccin milked for years!
So you dont play the game and you are here to shitpost
Gotchia boss
>>
>promise campaigns
>Deliver recycled historical battle scenarios
Why didnt they just say the dlc was scenarios only? If they browsed any aoe2 forum theyd know people would love actual campaigns for chinks/vikangz etc.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4AtnH93Rrg

He spoketh, and he predicts that this will be the worst selling DLC in history. It's so over for AoE2:DE.
>>
>>1682381
for now it seems its 12 buck for rework of fanmod so yeah, don't get me wrong, new dlc campaign are really good but it's still 12 buck for mappack
>>
After 116 games I've broke not so magic elo score of 1150 and I've realised that players at 800 elo and quick games are often way more competent, at least on team games.
>>
>>1682244
It was just my naming convention, Vikings and Slavs are too anachronistic instead of trying to sound aintquated (ie, having names like Britons, Franks, Teutons, and Celts to differentiate from the specifics of English/Welsh, French/Normans/Occitans/Brentons/(formerly Burgundians), [all of the German Variants], and the Irish/Scottish/Pict/Cumbrians)
>>
>>1682160
Devapala and Babur are kind of whatever. Rajendra was pretty good.

>>1682155
Are these quick force drop off and garrison buttons?
>>
File: handcannoneer lore.png (651 KB, 584x608)
651 KB
651 KB PNG
just when i thought i was obnoxious with my spam about handcannoneers, but then i look in my shower and see this. do more people than i thought love handcannoneers and wish to see them buffed?
>>
Is it just me or did they stealth-fixed the exploit where a boar would not return to its starting point after being de-aggroed by placing a building on it?
>>
>>1682622
I think it was actually fixed in previous patch notes, but lots of things get patched that aren't explicitly mentioned in the patches notes.
>>
>>1682381
As long as they don't add more civs and make they base multiplayer more bloaty they can do whatever they want imo
>>
So how's the new pathfinding?
>>
>>1683213
Melee units are dogshit now.
>>
>>1683233
People want to see archer micro anyway.
>>
>>1683233
that's new?
>>
>>1683236
No they fucking didnt
>>
>just want to make hand cannons
>realize I could play aoe3 and have hand cannons starting from the first age
>remember that aoe3 got turned into shit
fuck
>>
>>1683429
damn, are you me?
>>
>>1667598
>aoe2 on sale
Is the game worth it if you don't go crazy buying all the dlc?
>>
>>1683489
Yeah. You don't need any of the DLCs. Most of the civs are included in the base game.
>>
File: 1681125222761573.png (887 KB, 910x587)
887 KB
887 KB PNG
>>1683429
>remember that aoe3 got turned into shit
can you elaborate? Or are you just seething about the welcome message and that's it? Because once you click "ok" it goes away forever.
AoE3 DE has been improved in every possible way. The amount of new and unique units and models introduced is ridiculous. The reworks of some of the civs gave them completely new playstyles. The card system got utterly reworked and you can no longer snowball or exploit like in vanilla.
There literally isn't a single thing AoE3 vanilla does better than DE.
>>
>>1683595
aoe3 was ruined by the expansions just like aom was. the base game had a strong theme of new world colonization with your explorer and home cities and the ages and everything. then you start throwing the expansions in and it all goes out the window. now you have fucking dot indians fighting japanese while ethiopians try to colonize california. the only people who enjoy this kind of enshittification are the same retards asking for more spleeting in aoe2.
>>
File: man-at-arms.jpg (530 KB, 1548x1712)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
>>1683606
>check AoM Retold bullshots
>no chinks yet

Did they finally learn?
>>
>>1683617
they're probably just reworking them so they can sell them as dlc later
>>
>>1683629
I'll admit that I'd be pretty let down if it was just effectively re-releasing Titans with little else, but even if that's the case (or just not shown off yet to avoid retribution) that shit absolutely needs a facelift in all regards since everything about it fucking sucked. Vaguely heard something about cooldowns for God Powers so maybe they're reworking game balance to a finer level but that's it.
>>
>>1683489
Yes you get 35 civilizations with the base game
>>
>>1683606
I agree black people are needless and out of place in AoE3, but the Ottoman rework? Maltese knights? The map-specific unique units? Worth it.
>>
https://www.twitch.tv/t90official
Hidden cup starts in 6 mins
>>
>>1683779
>Niggers no but some literally who island yes
Mindbroken
Adding Ethiopia is actually a retarded move, makes some sense at a first glance but there are no Ethiopians, the political entity is just a legacy of an empire and it's composed of multiple ethnic groups that are constantly at the brink of war
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t28rTONfKzM&t=1152s
>>
File: ambeeLe.gif (60 KB, 306x545)
60 KB
60 KB GIF
>mbl is not good with monks
Noted
>>
File: daut.gif (57 KB, 288x538)
57 KB
57 KB GIF
Now DAUT with monks? Now we are talking
>>
tatoh should have preference for demos
>>
>>1683835

mbl is the best aoe2 player ever defending with monks
but he never makes monk pushes, so i guess that balances it out
>>
>>1683838
6 s-tier wins, now this is a champion
>>
>>1683832
>literally who island
tasteless brainlet plebe detected, I bet you're not even white
>>
>>1683862
Not a civ brainlet
Non white website
>>
Vasco da Gama: MBL
Pachacuti: Viper
>>
Hera vs Ganji?
>>
>>1683900
it's one of the top 3 vs one of the literally whos yeah
>>
>>1683832
>Civ shouldn't be in AoE3 because it's a multi-ethnic empire, and not a nation-state
>AoE3
>>
the outposts confirms it is either Hera or Daut
>>
>>1683900
probably
>>
>>1683945
It's still possible that red was DauT. The Sicilians pick and then losing 40+ monks against bombard cannons in game 3. But no meso civs picked makes me doubt it was DauT.

Franks and Lithuanians are both favorite civs of Ganji. But Barles is another possibility.
>>
>>1683964
no way Daut is this bad/nervous in tourney play
>>
this co-caster is terrible, switched to memb
>>
>>1683994
>watching memb when dave is live
>>
>>1684003
good point
>>
Jan Bureau = Mr Yo
Sunanguru = TheViper
>>
>>1684015
Changed my mind. Jan Bureau is MbL, 100%.
>>
>>1684015
>anyone playing in any match on any map
>The Viper confirmed
>>
It's bureauver
>>
>>1684052
Well he picked Dravidians and he 3-5 TV boom under pressure every game. Ofc it could be TatoH or Jordan as well. But still think it's Viper.
>>
>>1684068
What about Hera?
>>
>>1684076
Hera hates Dravidians.
>>
PROOOOOOH
>>
>>1684077
that's why picking them would be the perfect fake out.
>>
>>1684083
Unironically this. Same way the palicade walls hear the water were 100% a fakeout.
>>
>>1684077
Hera do pick dravidians in tournaments
>>
>Vasco da Gama vs Pachacuti
Hera vs Ganji. I only saw the first 2 games but even those were a dead giveaway for Hera, he is the only person who lamed sheep under the TC on NAC5 and he can't stop himself from being a tryharding nigger all the time. Other player is likely one of those 3 that qualified at 2nd chance due to how badly he was beaten.
>Saruman vs Dave_AoE
Jordan/Viper vs Mihai? Defensive play, good game sense and picking Dravidians has to be one of those two, other guy played a lot like MbL but worse at that and didn't pick more chaotic maps either. The question is who's enough of a madman to go archer/skirm with franks of all civs until imp.
>Vasco da Gama vs Sumanguru in quarterfinals
We'll know it's Hera and Viper if it ends up being a 4-0 sweep lmao
>>
how does this tournament work do the players win anything extra if no one guesses who they are?
>>
>>1684124
The most incorrectly guessed player gets a bonus
>>
any good matches (especially with handcannoneers) today?
>>
>>1684148
>handcannoneers
ewww, handcannoneers are gay
>>
Dogãobros...
>>
>>1684107
I just rewatched the first series and there is no way that Pachacuti was Ganji. He was slow with the monks and I don't think Ganji would pick Arabia as his homemap. I'm leaning towards either DauT or Barles, although Vinchester is a possibility as well.

I also don't think Vasco da Gama was Hera. It looked more like TheViper or Liereyyy.

Second series I'm pretty sure we saw Jordan vs Mihai though.
>>
>>1684279
Forgot to say, VDG could also have been Sebastian.
>>
I don't know how any players are like except that hera likes to maek horse and daut builds castles too close. is this tournament still worth watching for me?
>>
>>1684288
MbL gets housed and lames. Viper is good at quick-walling. That's the extent of my AoE2 knowledge and I still enjoyed it.
>>
holy shit, youre all so fucking shit at this game.
>>
>>1684313
1v1 me bro
>>
>>1684313
t. 800 1vs1 ELO
>>
>>1684148
Yea there was frank player that used them
>>
I don't get the hype/
>>
File: 120491258207536.jpg (83 KB, 750x835)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>memb cocast
looks like it's another day of watching dave
>>
AoE2DE vs Cossacks 3 which is better and why?
>>
>>1684607
How is this even a question?
Cossacks is such a stupid game.
>W're just AoE but with MORE, everything is MORE and REALISTIC!!! lol
The game itself is a parody of what a dumb 12 years old would mod AoE into if they had the power.
>THOUSANDS OF SOLDIERS LMAO xDDD
>A BILLION RESOURCES
>HUUUUGE ECONOMIES
And then everything is either unbalanced or meaningless while pretending to be realistic.
Such a dumb fucking game.
I only played 1 and 3 though, which is exactly like 1 but a bit prettier.
>>
>>1684576
EMBEEREAL, *unintelligible* IS EMBEEREAL TEESEE *more yelling muted by microphone* WAT A DESAASTER...ayayay... *plays exploding titanic gif*
>>
Hidden Cup 5 lads! Let's go!
>>
>>1684655
love memb, treasure memb. simple as
>>
does grunt still play? that guy has to be as old as daut. I remember people talking about him on aoeheaven like 20 years ago.
>>
Think we might have seen Hera vs Viper today.
>>
>>1684999
bro it's almost 8pm the games are over...
>>
>>1685029
Some of us just started watching the games. Not everone gets to watch them live.
>>
>>1684999
I think it was Mr Yo vs Vinchester.
>>
Players still left for the last 4 games:

ACCM
Mr Yo
Liereyy
Hera
Ganji
Hearttt
Sebastian
Sitaux
>>
>>1684655
Memb is pure sovl
>>
>>1685055
>Players still left for the last 4 games:
Majah was Hera. It was obvious as fuck. Nobody else floats 100 farms.
>>
>>1685055
>Liereyy
Just look for whoever bans Georgians/Armenians every time. He still doesn't know what they do.
>>
MbL vs Sebastian was the best set so far.
>>
Hera will get #1 place in every tournament this year, dattebayo
>>
>>1685242
Gajah Mada is not Hera
>>
File: file.png (5 KB, 396x148)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Hidden Cup 5 Round of 16 Day Three is Starting
>Streams
https://www.twitch.tv/membtv
https://www.twitch.tv/ogn_empires
>>
>>1683832
Ethiopia in any game makes a lot more sense than Swiss in aoe2 and Austrians in aoe3, yet idiots constantly ask for both.
>>
>>1685690
I hope this is bait. This is bait, right?
>>
>>1685794
It's not, don't be surprised to see kind of takes in this thread.
>>
>>1685794
No, he has a point. Switzerland and every Austrian empire has been composite. Ethiopia is larger, has unique tools, and has a long history.
>>
No one cares about spear chuckers.
>>
What do pros have against stone walling
>>
>>1685879
Two petarded bois
>>
It is time handcannons chad
>>
Handcannons suck
>>
It is sigismover
>>
>>1685909
what game/players?
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (276 KB, 508x478)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
you will never play competitive
in fact, you cant even complete the campaign achievements!
i completed all the ones who dont require me buying shitty overpriced expansions
can you say the same?
>>
>>1683687
If god powers are on a cooldown, what will happen to the Atlantean god powers which were already multi-use?
>>
>>1686081
My only guess is either:
>after you deplete all uses, the cooldown resets them all
>cooldown ends, regain one use
>buff multi-use powers significantly around cooldowns

I'd like to know if there's actually a source on that shit somewhere, powers work fine for temporary momentum swings but a fair deal of them are also kinda shitty and they become irrelevant in a drawn-out game. Maybe normalfags expected AoM to be more chaotic than regular AoE or some shit, that and reworking AoE 3's card mechanics might imply something could happen but still.
>>
Who did we see today?
>>
>>1686124
Dout i think and yesterday we saw Hera.
>>
>>1686075
they are 50% off now :)
Reminder Poland's campaign is one of the best
>>
File: file.png (6 KB, 389x133)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Hidden Cup 5 Round of 16 Day 4 Starting
>Streams
https://www.twitch.tv/dave_aoe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbeoVEiwI5M
I think we can definitely confirm that the programmers left working on this game are idiots and that we will never get a good pathfinding
>>
>>1686099
1st option will definitely be what they do.
Other civs have long ass CDs but atlantean can use their powers a few times before they go on CD.
>>
I don't think Alfred is Lierrey.
>>
>>1686075
>you will never play competitive
Ladder counts as competitive, you mean tourneys? It is so easy to find them at any level in pretty much any region no matter where you live.
>you cant even complete the campaign achievements!
I don't want to
>dont require me buying shitty overpriced expansions
They are super cheap on sale, why wouldn't you just buy them since you are a completionist
>can you say the same?
I don't want to
>>
File: cap.gif (25 KB, 313x149)
25 KB
25 KB GIF
It would be better if TCs were closer no?
>>
>>1686591
I love how this map has led to so much infantry play. King Stephen winning vs Dravidians with a pure classic Goth flood yesterday was kino.
>>
>>1686124
It was Viper vs Viper today, it will be Viper vs Viper tomorrow
>>
>>1686596
Shit now I need to watch it
What other maps/matches had infantry kino?
>>
>>1686738
just Evacuation, honestly
Khosrau vs Sigismund had Japanese vs Celts with lots of woads and samurai on that same map too
and Gregory vs Gajah Mada had a 2+ hour game with an unstoppable Goth flood crashing against an unstoppable Georgian fortified defense on that map
>>
>>1686744
>Celts vs Japs
Incredibly one sided until celts get to mass SOs
>>
>>1685895
It beats being raided left and right by hussars (or woads in this case)
You are also forcing the enemy to make petards, which take a while and are slow as fuck (which defeats the purpose of a raid)
>>
>>1686752
celts won it with incessant woad raiding and heavy scorp mass at the end
>>
>>1686760
>celts won it with incessant woad raiding
Oh this genuinely brighten my day
Woads are the best lads
>>
Why is no one playing Bulgarians anymore? I remember theim being hype in the preious Hidden Cup.
>>
>>1686780
They're dogshit.
>>
Looking to get back into RTS and AoE and the franchise is on sale right now. Can someone give me the over/under on AoE2 vs 4? I have very little to no interest in singleplayer.
>>
>>1686817
AoE2 is very easy to get into with build orders readily available. The standard units have a very easy to understand counter system. The unique units look nice. The most popular maps encourage a multitude of playstyles in teamgames. However the map rotation itself is kinda shit and the devs refuse to add in tournament maps.
>>
>>1686823
paying hera $5 for his spreadsheets is readily available?
>>
>>1686780
worst eco bonus, they don't even have crossbows so you have to deal with pikes with more expensive cav archers,onagers or suicide konnik rush, they don't have bombards, handcannoniers, paladins or even champions.
>>
>>1686848
If you are shit with normal build orders hera wont save you
>>
Do pros actually like islands?
>>
>>1686771
It was such a throw, Japanese have so many advantages over the Celts even on maps with no water that it was basically a civ win but the guy refused to build any defenses while the Celts eco was almost untouched compared to his.
>>1686780
Give it time, remember that Hindustanis and Slavs were barely picked until a few months ago even though the buff they got was not even that big.
>>
>>1686869
hera's builds are normal. all the other ones I can find are years old or not very specific.
>>
>>1686897
Good. Go hoang rush your grandma
>>
>>1686873
No. T90 also lacks any creativity in map selection so he just copied every map from HC4. Worked on this for 9 months btw.
>>
>>1686852
>you have to deal with pikes with more expensive cav archers
LOL? That's not how Hera played them last time i watched Hidden Cup 4.
>>
>>1686957
explain
>>
>>1686852
https://youtu.be/XwvjS5OrJSw?si=hPmONcZ_iZs4ies7&t=1268
>>
>>1686961
>>1686964
>>
>>1686897
Here is a build order for you;
6 on sheep,
3 on wood
Adapt
>>
>>1686964
fine, point for you
>>
>>1686977
ok but what do I do after I'm 2:30 into the game?
>>
>>1686981
Adapt
>>
>>1686964
So you pretty much need to be hidden cup champion lvl skill to use them effectively.
>>
Ganji here. As you probably could see, I was playing as Robert Guiscard. Will do better next time. Thanks for the support. HH 1488.
>>
File: Okretard.jpg (124 KB, 782x788)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>1687033
>>
>>1686852
bulgarians deal with pikes with their bagain 2handed boys.
>>
>>1686852
Bagains cavalier is about as good if not better than paladin for 1v1's in open map, same goes for their twohanders and champions. HC's are not viable in most games. You have to play them aggressive like magyars to get mileage out of their bonuses. Cheaper and fast blacksmith techs is decent and a free MAA opening is great as well.
Bulgarians are not amazing but definitely solid and they have some great options
>>
>>1687309
When did cavalier benefit from bagains?
>>
>>1686780
Which map do you think suits Bulgarians?
Bulgarians is not a top 10 arabia civ, doesn't make sense on closed maps, doesn't make sense on hybrid maps
>>
>>1686873
the problem is that lack of terraforming ability and very open and boring meta for water
>>
>>1687490
Imagine if you could build bridges at 300 stone
>>
>Krepost can research stirrups
There fixed bulgarians
>>
>>1687567
Can we add in elite konnik to there?
>>
>>1687489
>Bulgarians is not a top 10 arabia civ
They were used as a counter on Arabia in the previous Hidden Cup against Aztecs. If the oponent picked Aztects, Hera would counter with Bulgarians.
>>1687567
>>1687571
Won't that make them too OP now? The Krepost is a lot cheaper than a Castle.
>>
>>1687580
Aztecs isn't as good as it used to be either, its more likely that Mayans would be chosen on Arabia
>>
lmao get fucked h*ra
this is what you get for being a laming nigger
unfortunately he won it anyway
>>
>anything happens
>T90 makes it about himself and talks about how great and cool he is
how does this guy attract 10k+ viewers
>>
>>1687646
reddit loves him because he's hecking wholesome le pointy bois in chat
>>
>>1687646
Most people that like T90 are casuals that are barely 1k elo.
>>
>>1687646
As he should since he singlehandedly brought this game back to life
>>
>>1687677
Stay humble.
>>
>>1687682
Just accept t90's place and don't watch him if you don't like his content, I don't watch either but no reason for him to live rent free on my head
>>
>>1687683
>rent free on my head
How the fuck is it rent free nigger he's literally talking about watching the guy's cast and saying why he doesn't like him.
>>
>>1687684
Rent free
Watch dave
>>
i really hate campaign missions with no or minimal basebuilding and you have to scour the map looking for tents to kill for enough resources to build a man at arms
>>
>>1687687
he's not streaming today
>>
>gets swept 4-0
And there we have it, Sumanguru is Viper confirmed
>>1687646
Was one of the first AoE2 content creators, got picked up by the algorithm, bought an ad, etc. He does deserve his success at least, even if he fucked off to facebook for 2 years.
He's not a bad caster, but he does like to go on random tangents when there's not much happening in game. The worst is when he talks about his literal who players that he made videos about as if le poodding is a viable strat instead of just clowning on open maps, and everyone who plays Sicilians MUST be going for fc donjon rush because of him.
>>
File: file.png (129 KB, 517x185)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
who is the hussar tranny spammr?
>>
>>1687687
Dave is gay and cringe. T90 is /vst/ approved. If you want to watch Dave go back to your troon discord first.
>>
>>1687694
Hera
>>
>>1687695
>T90 is /vst/ approved.
These threads are very split on T90. The only ones that are approved are Viper and Daut. I'd say most people here dislike Hera, generally like Yo, are neutral on Tatitoh.
>>
whats with water maps becoming obnoxiously popular lately? fuck off already
>>
>>1687697
>most people here dislike Hera

we Hera bros run this not-general
we are smarter, more fit and wealthier than other fanboys
cope all you want, but rooting for the winner is the big player move
>>
>>1687694
Its almost like hussars are meta unit
>>
T90 knows there's recorded games we could be watching right
>>
Ah the MBL classic
>>
>>1687701
>we Hera bros run this not-general
LOL go away troon!
>>
>afk for 10 minutes
>not-MBL already down 1 game
What the fuck just happened?
>>
>>1687742
Peak MBL gameplay.
>>
Gaja Mada gives me biper vibes desune
>>
>>1687756
>biper vibes
Not housed enough. Missing castle age eco upgrades. No wheelbarrow. Castles not on hills. Mangonel micro is atrocious. Unlikely.
>>
what units do brazillians use these days? still just monks and organ guns?
>>
Nice game from Otto the GOAT
>>
/vst/ is a memb board
>>
>>1687763
There are no brazilians in this game
>>
>>1687777
discount rubenstock
>>
I should stop playing after work
>>
Come on, Morten. At least try to be subtle.
>>
Do many players use WASD to move the camera? I do and I'm pretty great so I wonder if more people should be doing it.
>>
>>1687677
found t90
>>
MbLbros...
>>
Its official Persians have the best castles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ3o_2yUCFw
>>
File: file.png (1.71 MB, 1507x761)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
My Brazilian QUEEEN is streaming
>>
>>1688168
>not Drávidas
The portuguese localization is atrocious.
>>
>>1688168
Hello nicov
>>
File: gfx_diff.png (3.43 MB, 2552x686)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB PNG
Just curious, what "advanced" graphics options do you guys use or turn off? Do you use 3d water?
>>
>>1687700
>whats with water maps becoming obnoxiously popular lately? fuck off already
They arent. Its just that T90 loves water maps so he always fills his tournaments with only water and hybrid maps.
>>
I didn't know the sale ended earlier today, i was about to buy the mountain royals and play the campaign all night

pain
>>
>>1688284
Hey you at least have money to buy the game. I'm just here broke and watching Hidden cup 5.
>>
>>1688393
>cant watch hidden cup5 live because of gradschool
>dont want to watch it not live since its not as fun
kill me.
>>
>hate when players do wacky non meta stuff
>those game end up being the most fun and memorable if I win/spoiler]
I take this game way too personal
>>1688408
Putting hidden cup vods while you do other stuff is an okay experience imo, I did it with ttl just to have something on the background and definitely enjoyed it
>>1688393
where you from fren
>>
yikes wtf happened there, didn't mean to put everything on spoiler, sorry for that
>>
>>1688489
I won't forgive you
>>
>>1688489
Apologize again you piece of shit
>>
otto was set up
stop the count
nobody likes boom-and-doom games
>>
>>1688546
>nobody likes boom-and-doom games
Unfortunately it's too hard to punish the top players who just sit back and boom. Not sure what else could be done to help aggressive play without designing the maps specifically for it.
>>
New map pool is awful
>>
>>1688560
Many such cases
>>
>>1688560
>map pool is awful
Devs are literal indians don't expect them to do anything right
>>
>>1688570
Debunked.
>>
>>1688556
AoE2 is just too defensive in nature.
Any other RTS just lets buildings crumble to a few units but in AoE2 you have to commit so many resources on taking down production it's just better to boom and defend until max pop.
>>
File: dumb.gif (291 KB, 1247x697)
291 KB
291 KB GIF
This is dumb as fuck
>>1688572
and so are ranjesh
>>
I thought I was free from stomping newbies and I can be bad at the same time on 1300 but it turns out that's the base line now is that Elo because build orders go to castle age now
>>
>>1688574
We need to nerf buildings or buff siege.
>>
>>1688574
Even in evacuation, on the cracked terrain island buildings take double damage and not many have been trying to use that because it's still not viable
>>
>>1688586
There's also barely any res on evacuation's main island. A push there is meaningless since by mid castle age all the important res should be mostly taken. Ditch the double crossing, add more res in between players. Either have a single crossing in the middle of make people actually migrate over.
>>
>>1688588
That's good points.
>>
>>1688488
>vods while doing other things
i know, but my autism is great.
>>
>>1688574
I blame infantry and siege doing too little damage to buildings, but if those get buffed too much then everyone will go single TC siege, pike, monk all in.
>>1688588
>A push there is meaningless since by mid castle age all the important res should be mostly taken.
That doesn't matter because they drop farms on instinct once sheep run out in feudal and never take any of the other food deposits on the mainland even though it would save you a lot of wood to either contest water, have more land presence, go up, etc.
Bypass and Hidden Forts is played similarly, there's a ton of food on the flanks and it is very rare that players take them so I think this is more of a player issue than a map issue. Then again, maybe they played it enough and realised it is too risky to take early or at all.
>>
>>1688596
I blame mangonels for being too good of a ram counter, and rams for being unable to beat repairs.
Used correctly, a battering ram can break even (on wood) by downing only 3 fresh farms. Just a matter of getting it in.
>>
>>1688610
I think the issue is you can't buff rams against mangonels without making them super strong against melee units as well. Unless you want to rely on bonus damage and make damage calculations really convoluted.
>>
Hera must be thinking who is this godly player, better than the viper better than liereyy
>>
>>1688612
Convoluted is fine. I think the concern may be counterplay.
>>
>>1688610
Fully garissoned rams can be surprisingly fast and I believe can even dodge mangonel shots.
>>
>>1688575
>Hera doesn't gg 13% of time
What a monster.
>>
>>1688660
they said the percentages don't add up to 100 because the rest is some other form of gg, in Hera's case the rest is him using "lmao get dabbed on faggot"
>>
>korean ca
At least try to be a bit subtle, Darko.
>>
>>1688676
Bro how far behind are you
>>
>>1688651
Yeah, but then they're not doing their jobs. Also, I've tried running down mangonels with rams. It's a bad time for all. Better to just use petards to get in and fight conventionally to stall out their mangos.
>>
Cuman mercenaries is such a shit tech
>woah all your team have access to this dogshit unit
lmao
>>
>>1688690
lol
>>
>>1688677
Game 4 of Stephen vs Khosrau.
>>

https://steamcommunity.com/app/813780/discussions/28/4300445619234521829/

Balance Changes

Georgians
No longer start the game with a -50 food penalty.
Cavalry regenerates 5/10/15 HP per minute in Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age civilization bonus changed Cavalry regenerates 15% HP per minute.
(Elite) Monaspa train time increased from 11 seconds 14 seconds.
(Elite) Monaspa nearby unit requirement for additional attack increased from 5 units 7 units.

Incas
Fixed a bug where the food discount wasn’t resulting in correct cost values for Eagle Warriors and Skirmisher-line (new food costs: 21 in Feudal Age, 20 in Castle Age, 19 in Imperial Age).

Italians
Genoese Crossbowman train time decreased from 18 seconds 14 seconds.

Tatars
Flaming Camel no longer requires Timurid Siegecraft to be trained at Castles but now becomes instantly available at the Siege Workshop when reaching the Imperial Age
>>
>>1688729
GAMEPLAY
General
Added a new Drop Off Resources command for villagers and fishing ships. It makes the units take the resources they are carrying to the nearest drop-off building and return to work right away.
Added a new Seek Shelter command for villagers. The behavior is similar to town bell but only the selected villagers will seek to garrison into nearby buildings. This new feature is only supported on PC for now, Xbox will be supported soon.
Added a new All Back to Work command for garrisonable buildings. The command sends back to work all garrisoned villagers from this building and all nearby buildings within 25 tiles range (same range as for town bell). This new feature is only supported on PC for now, Xbox will be supported soon.
Units in line formation will only regroup into a column after a move or attack move command of more than 30 tiles, instead of 10 tiles previously. Patrol command keeps its previous behavior of always forming a column, regardless of distance.
Upon ringing town bell, villages that have no available garrison slot for them will still walk to the nearest garrisonable building and stay idle. Deactivating the town bell or using all back to work command will send these villagers back to their tasks.
When tasking a group of units to garrison into a siege unit or a Transport Ship, units will automatically spread themselves out to garrison into nearby siege or transports of the same type. The old behavior of only garrisoning into the single target is now controlled by holding Ctrl when clicking on the garrison target.
Open UnitSpread.gif
Drag selection when holding down Alt with Selection Modifier Hotkeys setting enabled will no longer select Mule Carts and herdable animals. Now only civilian unit classes are selected (villagers, fishing ships, trade units). Herdables can still be selected when there are no civilian units in selection, though.
>>
>>1688733
>Units in line formation will only regroup into a column after a move or attack move command of more than 30 tiles, instead of 10 tiles previously.
BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED
>>
>>1688556
'uff rams
'uff infantry
'uff arson

Simple as
>>
>Fixed a legacy issue where units with multiple-projectile volleys (such as Chu Ko Nu), when switched from one attack target to another amidst the attack, would result in loss of damage due to not correctly applying primary projectile damage on the new target.
Invest into chu koin nu, boys
>>
>>1688729
Ohhhh...this is gonna be a good patch.
>>
>>1688729
>no buff to Bulgarians to make them relevant again
>>
>no buff to handcannoneers
no....
>>
>No buff to archers
gay
>>
>>1688733
Villager changes seem really interesting.
>>
Maybe next patch, infantrybros, bulgarianbros...
>>
>>1688822
Yes and no, burmese, goth, malay, malians militia is pretty scary.
>>
>>1688819
And that's a good thing
>>
>>1688729
>No longer start the game with a -50 food penalty.
I feel like Georgians is going to become pretty insane.
>Cavalry regenerates 5/10/15 HP per minute in Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age civilization bonus changed Cavalry regenerates 15% HP per minute.
So its like 7.5/min on scouts and 15/min on knights not a large change but definitely a nice buff for them.
>(Elite) Monaspa train time increased from 11 seconds 14 seconds.
>(Elite) Monaspa nearby unit requirement for additional attack increased from 5 units 7 units.
Of course they wouldn't buff Georgians and keep this unit the same, harder to mass and you need 8 more units to max out the attack.
>Genoese Crossbowman train time decreased from 18 seconds 14 seconds.
Almost 5 per minute, it might really pose a threat to cav civs, make it 15 seconds instead. In certain matchups like vs Huns Genoese destroys all. Genoese is a solid backline unit and beats out compbows in anti-cav damage.
>Flaming camels from siege workshop
Nice
>>1688733
>Seek shelter, back to work
Does it include khmer houses?
>>
File: 1709339339002.jpg (250 KB, 610x640)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>Siege weapons now do full damage within the radius of a projectile instead of at the center point only.
Wait did they just buff siege?
>>
>>1688905
Huge for scorps.
>>
>>1688905
Wait are you serious that's fucking huge
>>
>>1688907
It'd be ridiculous if it affected the pass-through damage of scorps
>>
File: 1709340214508.png (22 KB, 800x274)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>1688905
It is the projectile radius, not the blast radius. This is mostly a buff to bombards, as now any kind of direct hit will oneshot a mango (before you had to attack ground instead)
>>
>>1688929
>Burgundian oneshots will now be even more consistent
Life can be easy!
>>
>Hamzah "Hera" El-Baher (born October 14, 1999) is a Canadian Age of Empires I, Age of Empires II and Age of Empires IV (inactive) player who is currently playing for GamerLegion.
WTF WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN
>>
>>1688970
About 3 months ago
>>
>>1688866
>Does it include khmer houses?
Town Bell does so it's likely this will as well.
>>
>>1688905
Ethiopian siege and houfniza will terrorize the game
Mark my words
>>
File: 20240302042246_1.jpg (1.09 MB, 1920x1080)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
When the game hangs on protecting the siege of your team, the lads will see it happen

Remeneber lads, use defensive stance, staggered formation, and have your army in control groups, siege wins games
>>
>>1689135
something is wrong. i dont see handcannoneers.
>>
>>1689196
Dude shut the fuck up this bit is getting old
>>
>>1689222
No.
>>
/our guy/ has spoken, and he is not happy with some of the balance changes...
>>
>>1689235
like what?
>>
>>1689246
Dropoff and seek shelter buttons and the whole "units will now spread themselves between all near rams when rightclicking one"
>>
>>1689252
why doesnt he like those? i thought he'd be more upset about the siege doing more consistent center damage.
>>
>>1689256
>Dropoff button
Something about how it is problematic that forcedropping no longer has any drawbacks (can someone please think of those 2-3 units of food lost?)
>seek shelter
"Muh no counterplay"
>Ram spread
Saw a video of white phosphoru where he showcased the feature and got convinced this is OP with no counterplay possible (he forgot it was 20 jannies and 10 rams vs 15 crossbows and 4 mangos)
>>
>>1689263
what a fag.
>>
>>1689263
>Saw a video of white phosphoru where he showcased the feature and got convinced this is OP with no counterplay possible (he forgot it was 20 jannies and 10 rams vs 15 crossbows and 4 mangos)
If you double the amount of crossbows the result will still be the same. The change should only apply to infantry units
>>
>>1689274
>if you doubled the amount of [unit completely ineffective against rams], the result vs this ram-based strategy doesn't change
How convenient you didn't propose to increase the amount of mangonels
>>
>>1689263
isn't seek shelter literally just a townbell feature that doesn't suck, a button you can press that makes villagers run to safety, people have been whining about town bell being trash for decades and now that the functionality actually exists it's bad?
>>
>>1689279
You dont get it bro, now you cannot raid a khmer woodline if it has a house next to it because bam, one click and they are all in (this didn't happen before)
>>
>>1689235
dude doesn't even comprehend what the siege change actually does, the "pros" in this game are such jokes
>>
>>1689285
>the "pros" in this game are such jokes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QuT25LSxLs
>>
>should we fix the pathing
>nah let's create even more possible breaking points
>villagers are working just fine anyways
Devs are stupidly retarded what the actual fucking fuck
>>
>>1689320
It's never going to get better. let it fucking go holy fuck.
>>
>>1689323
It WAS better and they consistently ruin the game you dumb fucking nigger
>let it fucking go
Let go the dick you are sucking you annoying pretentious faggot
>>
>>1689332
Seethe. They can't fix it, leave it as it is now before they fuck it up even more. It's ok Anon, pathing isn't why you're dogshit. You'll get better.
>>
>>1689336
>Seethe
I am
>They can't fix it
So it seems, indians can't into anything, no surprise
>now before they fuck it up even more
One faggot (You) and a dream
>You'll get better.
Most likely that I will uninstall the game
>>
>>1689196
Anon, poles dont get HCs

>>1689222
Nice trips, but come on don't be rude to HCbro
>>
File: 20240302042331_1.jpg (1.05 MB, 1920x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>1689222
Dont be an asshole, mate
Hand cannonerfag is alright
>>
>>1689411
Bro what is that lobby everyone has a shit connection
>>
File: 1607857201844.jpg (44 KB, 613x635)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
I can't wait until based microsoft puts SC Remastered (the better RTS) on steam so westerners can start playing again instead of this cheesy broken mess
>>
>>1689460
but I don't like sc gameplay
>>
File: 1607276985605.jpg (119 KB, 800x999)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>1689412
I wouldn't be surprised if that lobby that was full of Southamericans and Europeans was hosted in an American server. That kind of thing happens often.
I did not feel any lag, if it matters, AoE2 doesnt really any lag issues unless your internet really sucks.
>>
>>1689460
As someone who also plays SC1 and SC2
>cheesy broken mess
Fucking lmao, that's precious
Dont mind SC1 defilers and SC2 banes, or how protoss is designed for retards.
Go back to your own thread
>>
>>1689476
I'm experienced dogshit connection in quick team games like 1/4 times.
>>
>>1689477
What's wrong with defilers? They are low hp and an expensive endgame unit. Just irradiate them terran babby.
>>
>>1689477
>AoE2 "Strategy"
>hmmm how can i be the most cheesy fuck today? Lame their food? Tower rush? Castle drop?
>I know! i'll spam archers and exploit the shitty pathfinding, and since they dont cost food i can still age up on time, and force the opponent to waste food on skirms, and then use knights to clean them up :3
0 honesty in this game
>>
>>1689498
>>hmmm how can i be the most cheesy fuck today? Lame their food? Tower rush? Castle drop?
Gas steals, cannon rushes, DT rushes, void rays in the past. I know you're a retarded shitposter but Starcraft is not clean of stupid shit.
Now go back to your fucking containment thread.
>>
Had to switch to Membs stream. T90 is too cringe.

> "Stop complaining about the map gen. I don't want to hear anyone say anything about the maps. You are all LITTLE CHILDREN. Do you know how much effort I put into making these maps?"
>>
>>1689561
I'd rather hear him talking how his friend put so much effort in maps or whatever than hear him talk about himself and how awesome he is, oh and fan saw him and said how cool he is.
>>
>>1689561
He is slipping a lot in his manners, must be the 10 hours/day week
>>
>>1689572
The FB money probably changed him. He now looks down on his viewers for being poorer than him.
>>
Why not fish traps on the TC lake on mudflow? Also who is Viper losing against?
>>1689573
Good
>>
>Hera
>These New Changes are GAME-BREAKING, AoE2 is ruined, this is so problematic
>Viper
>The Upcoming AoE2 Patch looks Icredible!

Who was wrong?
>>
>>1689576
hera, obviously
>>
>>1689576
Hera has more to lose from the game becoming more simplified, while it can help slower players like Viper to catch up.
>>
>>1689576
Hera is just malding that these new changes are antagonistic to his gookclick sweatlord playstyle.
Me? Can't wait for APC rams/siege towers being used to counter archerfags
>>
>>1689607
But as she correctly pointed out, what it will actually be used for is to transport high damage fragile ranged units.
>>
Now that the settlement has dusted, what does /vst/ think of HC5 maps?
i personally hate that player spawns are fixed
>>
>>1689611
Good. Kinda tired of the siege workshop effectively having only 1 unit in castle age 2bh
>>
>>1689612
They suck. Too many water maps. No true closed maps.
>>
>>1689617
Arena fags lost
>>
So who was the protagonist of the Tamerlame campaign? The guy that Totesh Khan talked to
>>
>>1689626
some dude referenced in Lithuania campaign I think so.
>>
>>1689639
>>1689626
I'm wrong, narrator is some dude from Lithuania campaign but protagonist is Tamerlame.
>>
>>1689575
>Also who is Viper losing against?
Lierrey.
>>
>>1689576
>unironically listening to a dramafagging zoomer clout chaser
Yeah dude it is literally over for AoE2 just like it was during the monk meta, the RoR pathing, the xbow meta and the other 15 times he said that last year.
>but what about this literally who SEA gookclicker that T90 has been hyping up
Meme strats that not even Vivi or MbL would ever consider.
>>
Vamos todos cantar de coração
A Cruz de Malta é o meu pendão
Tu tens o nome do heroico português
Vasco da Gama, a tua fama assim se fez

Tua imensa torcida é bem feliz
Norte-Sul, Norte-Sul deste Brasil
Tua estrela, na terra a brilhar
Ilumina o mar
>>
>>1689460
Star Craft was never good.
>>
>>1689679
>it is a meme strat because muh pros are not doing it
>>
>>1689679
>Vivi or MbL
who
>>
>>1689612
i just wish there were more new maps even if theyre not the best. variety is the spice of life.
>>
>New update adds even bigger mapsizes
Now I can have Monstrous Megarandom.
>>
>>1689612
>Arabia
A staple, if a bit bland for me. How good it is depends on the players imo.
>Bay
Boring. It's always Italians vs. whatever other civ.
>Bypass
Seems ok but barely played. Also always seems to result in a game of Fast Imp vs. booming under pressure.
>Cross
Le Not Four Lakes, kinda boring. Snowballs quickly for whoever wins the most lakes. Don't care for it.
>Cup
Don't like it.
>Evacuation
Probably my favorite map. Lots of action everywhere. Rewards spreading out, wish there was more reason to stay on the starting island at the start but I guess that wouldn't match the name.
>Gold Rush
I don't think this has been played once.
>Hidden Forts
Too slow, don't really care for it. I like what it was going for, it reminded me of one or two maps from Battle of Africa with a similar concept.
>High Tides
It's an ok 6/10 map. No amazing games but nothing really terrible either. I am fairly certain they made efforts to increase the importance of the bottom part of the map but ultimately it never seems to see much play.
>Islands
A horrible map with sometimes fun plays. It's generally pretty slow and boring especially when it's played standard. I legitimately have no idea why it was included given the community's distaste for water maps.
>Mudflow
Not enough demo potential, honestly same problem as Bay. The game turns into the most boring slog for whatever reason. We've seen Chinese, Armenians, Magyars...and Poles. Also poles are a retarded pick and I have no idea why ACCM or whoever kept picking them.
>Quarry
Has this been played in the main event? Don't care for it but I don't think I've ever witnessed any games on it. Something needs to be done with the two lanes on the sides.
>Slopes
Barely played but it's ok.

Overall I'd give it a 5/10. I think all but two of these are being reused from HC4. There are no nomad starts. The games seem to reward sitting back and booming. We know what to expect anyway since we've seen these all previously.
>>
>>1689764
Evacuation is the only acceptable one.
t. Arabia chad
>>
>>1689576
*HE* made the video now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGZObTFtQKw
>>
I hope Kai wins tomorrow.
>>
File: Lierrey.png (97 KB, 247x311)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>1689774
>>
>>1689772
>invested all my savings into the Mango-coin because of how Hera hyped the mangonel change
>it was literally nothing
>I am homeless now
>>
>little Timmy can't play tournament maps with retarded settings so we will never get tournament maps in a ranked map pool
LOL
>>
>Play new patch
>Melee units outright stand still behind others instead of surrounding targets
For fuck's sake how hard is it to not break the game even more?
>>
>>1689779
let them chill bro! let them cook!
>>
>>1689776
this one was a very obscure engine quirk so I'll let it slide, but it baffles me how people who play this game for a living can be so clueless about it sometimes
>>
Aztec and Tatars below 48% winrate
>>
>>1689772
How about balancing Bengalis and Dravidians, they are still trash
>>
Just nerf archers
Game fixed
>>
What if
>squires available in feudal age and research time from 40s to 25
>>
>>1689836
what if
>buff hand cannoneers
>>
File: 1709420199860858.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>1689838
>hand fagoneers
>>
>>1689836
Men at arms are already the best feudal unit though
>>
>>1689838
>someone besides me initiating the hand cannoneer buff
i feel like a monk.
>>
>>1689775
> that nose
is he from Israel?
>>
Please Liereyy, win this shit. Save ao2
>>
>>1689891
>>
>>1689762
Ludicrous size is still bigger than any of the new ones
>>
File: 20240303040351_1.jpg (908 KB, 1920x1080)
908 KB
908 KB JPG
Jesus christ skullfucking a retarded teutonfag that thought he could get away with mindlessly trush you, and thought putting a castle on your frontyard would win him the game, felt SO fucking good.

Reminder that Teutons in arena are a blight upon this game. Remove Teuton.
>>
>>1689811
SotL will get to that next patch, let him cook.
>>
>>1689779
Are you actually surprised
>>
THE KID IS PLAYING OUT OF HIS DAMN MIND
AY AY AY
DE MICRO DE MICRO DE MICRO
>>
>>1690110
I CAN'T BELIEVE DIS
>>
Hera wins
>>
Yo wins
>>
>>1689989
>teutons
bruh you never seen turks or spanish tc drop in arena
>>
Nili lost
>>
Khosrau is a Viper wannabe and the real Viper is in the finals
>>
>>1690179
cope.

It is time to realize that Viper is WASHED UP.
>>
>>1690218
This. It is THE ERA OF HERA.
>>
>>1690222
Hera is weak. I could easily 1v1 him.
>>
>>1690235
I could 1vs1 anyone as long I have retractable baton.
>>
>>1690155
Yes, they are nowhere as bad as teuton trushing, however.
You can easily field spears or scouts in feudal to fend off a castle drop, against teutons if you dont pull a fast feudal and if you dont inmediadly get militia, and if you dont inmediadly bumrush the tower with vills + militia, you will get fucked.
Castle drops are easy to handle, teuton trushes are not.
>>
>biggest event of the game
>only 30k viewers
Dead game
>>
File: 1709489654772.jpg (51 KB, 620x413)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1690251
>I could 1vs1 anyone as long I have retractable ba-ACK!
>>
>>1690323
Also 15k on YouTube + another 10k or so from other streamers.
>>
Hera will win this 4-0. Then we can all quit watching Aoe. Looking forward to it actually. Going to quit playing too. Going to get my life back.
>>
>>1690354
>Going to get my life back.
You never had one to begin with
>>
>>1690350
No memb and no nili tho
>>
This series will be over within 30 minutes. Lol. Imagine the people who flew in to watch this.
>>
File: 1709491592972.jpg (123 KB, 461x674)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>*solves aoe2*
>>
>>1690391
Hamzah was chosen by Allah
>>
nigga what is going on? I thought this was going to be the most competitive final series
>>
>>1690410
>I thought this was going to be the most competitive final series
Nobody can challenge Hera. Map-hacking ACCM was the closest.
>>
I hate that swampy hybrid maps, I'd hate if they'd become some meta map.
>>
>>1690410
Hera is at his best and is making S-tier tournaments a joy to see. I really enjoy seeing no strategy in finals and just executing everyone to death.
Can he be shipped off to another game?
>>
>>1690391
I wonder if it hurts his ego at all that despite his undisputed ability and results most viewers are still die-hard Viper fanboys
>>
>>1690429
He has been doing the same Viper joke on Twitter for like a week
>>
>le Hera has no strategy
It's literally a strategy game, what do some of you consider a strategy? Sneaking archery ranges behind the enemy's base and if it doesn't work you lose? Doing a tower rush? I do agree he's boring to watch but why would you expect him to do something random and risky when he can just win by performance alone? There's no reason
>>
>>1690434
I respect his quality and the effort he clearly put into preparing. I'd rather have a lower level and him playing differently though. His competitor is "not expressing himself", so basically I'm here watching scouts move around whereas I could have some more creativity and adaptability in my final if the game was being played differently.
Yeah, he just wants to win and it's fine. It may just be a problem with the game
>>
>yfw it's revealed that Vasco was Mihai all along
>>
>sorry for 4-0
>>
GG guys
Best man won.
>>
>>1684003
>>1683994
>>1689561
I can't go back to 1080p after being spoiled with 1440p60. If Memb is streaming any event and I'm watching on my monitor, I'm going to his stream. Others only for when I'm watching on mobile.
>>
>We've had some incredible games

no you did not
>>
>>1690410
Hera Era
>>
>>1690421
Cope coping and coped
strategy=execution

please provide more of your middle elo midwit takes
>>
Kill Hera
>>
>>1690465
You'll never be likeable, Hera
>>
It's not Hera's fault that everyone else sucks
>>
PEOPLE PAID MONEY TO FLY TO FLORIDA FOR THIS HAHAHAH
>>
>>1689989

can respect the high-test shittalk
>>
>>1690465
Scout micro = strategy
>>
The only fun series was the one with MBL in QF, the rest was just sad. Viper's mental inability to wall has destroyed the pro scene
>>
>Hera
why would you name yourself after a greek goddess?
>>
>>1690479
I vaguely remember one stream where he said it was a name he picked when younger, when he had a clan or event or something that required every participant to pick a name related to Greek mythology and he just picked whatever. But that was a long time ago and I might be misremembering
>>
>>1690479
I think he picked it semi-randomly. it's a pretty good name
>>
Imagine if Vasco da Gama is Ganji.
>>
It's me guys, I'm Vasco da Gama
>>
>>1690487
Stop coping
>>
>tristan's face when Hera ruined hidden cup
>>
Shit maps 2b. Only evacuation was good
>>
>>1690421
You now remember his one week retirement to League of Legends.
>>1690434
Laming under the TC is cheese, and playing the most metaslave civs all the time and gookclicking scouts is not strategy either. His entire content outside of tournaments and ranked streams is generating drama on social media and his fans are insufferable too.
>guys aoe2 is totally finished with this update
>but im never leaving because i get my ass kicked everywhere else
>so pls buy my build orders that anyone with half a brain could figure out
>>
>>1690498
>Laming under the TC is cheese
Dev's fault
As everything bad that has happened since DE
Kill all indians
>>
>Barles gave hera more resistance than liereyy
>>
Remember when people said Hera was Gajah mada? Haha
>>
TATOH
>>
>tatitoh got his cheeks clapped hard lol
>>
Is alfred the alpaca real??
>>
File: 20240303040218_1.jpg (949 KB, 1920x1080)
949 KB
949 KB JPG
>>1690471
I have curtailed my shittalking tendencies this last year but teuton trushers in arena still unbeliably piss me off, so I dont hold back.
Teuton trushers are not people anyways, so I dont feel bad about it.
>>
>tati, vinch, yo
not like this.........
>>
>>1690525
Old has beens. You need to be young to compete in the heraera.
>>
>Gajah Mada quick wall
Confirmed viper!
>>
Happy for ACCM, one of his best tournament performances
>>
>ACCM took 2 games out of hera
>>
never reply to me ever again you recycled viper fanboy
>>
>>1690563
who is recycle?!
>>
Nicovbros we will feast forevermore
>>
>>1690563
>viper fanboy
Don't remember quoting you
>>
this is going to be awkward af
>>
I hate Hera!
>>
>>1690583
Not his fault that everyone else sucks
>>
>>1690585
Hera is full time AoE2 and basically lives and breathes the game. If he wasn't the best it'd be embarrassing.
>>
File: 1688495093551240.gif (854 KB, 577x474)
854 KB
854 KB GIF
>NOOOOOOOOO HERA STOP WINNING NOOOOO
Pic is me btw I hate Hera
>>
I'm going to uninstall the game.
>>
>>1690609
Thought you said you could beat Hera 1v1, get on the ladder
>>
Is Hera's wife a thot? She's Latina so im guessing she is a 10/10 tradwife
>>
>>1690644
No
>>
>>1690660
quick google search doesnt reveal any typical western whore behavior. Good for him
>>
>>1690644
If she is who I think she is, she used to stream. Was hot.
>>
>>1690663
Just googled, it's her. I remember she would always be in pro players' chats. I always thought she was just a random whore trying to become friends with the top streamers to promote herself, but at some point she started clearly flirting with Hera, they would play a bunch of 2v2s together, then she stopped streaming and deleted every vod. I wonder if Hera makes her wear a burqa, and if he is gonna get more wives.
>>
This may be a controversial and perhaps even wrong opinion if I'm being honest with myself, but I almost think the first game GG was bordering on unprofessional behavior. Of course we all want the players to do well and enjoy the game, but if you GG like that, and continue that into game 2, I think it's borderline disrespectful to everyone who tuned in, and especially everyone who bought live tickets.

The small AOE audience we have is what keeps the game going, and if you don't care enough to try and provide the audience with great games and entertainment as soon as you see the writing on the wall, you mentally check out... what are you even doing?

I'm not mad that Hera won in such a fashion. I'm disappointed with the approach Lierry chose to take. He could have lost 0-4 in a very different manner but he chose to go out like this.
>>
>>1690681
This spacing looks suspicious hmmmmm..
>>
>>1690675
same with nicov and his waifu
>>
Somebody needs to stop Hamzah.
>>
>>1690688
>This spacing
What is spacing?
>>
>>1690662
Not what you asked but yeah, happy for him
>>
>>1690644
>latina
>tradwife
>>
>>1690681
Reddit post aside, I sort of agree with him. Lierrey gave up before the final even started, the pure retardation with the berries on game 4 is a perfect example
>>
>>1690734
Dont tell the grindos, dont break their dreams
>>
>>1690644
>She's Latina so im guessing she is a 10/10 tradwife
>>
File: 1605865901877.png (394 KB, 1024x962)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
>>1690741
y-you mean there isn't pure waifus who go to church and will make me food down there?
>>
>>1690736
It's called aoe2 period. We all have it
>>
>>1690781
Only one I know that does this is my mom, put the standard way to high for me to ever get something similar.
It's over
>>
Im hoping next Hidden Cup will be mostly closed maps. At most it should have 1-2 water maps.

Different variations of Arena and Black Forest, please. I want to see Ganji, Barles or FreakinAndy win. Or even Viper.
>>
>Finish watching tournament
>Make some popcorn
>Realize I didnt make popcorn for the week of kino
>no multicasted AOE2 tourney in sight
FUCK
>>
File: Homepage_World_1.jpg (437 KB, 750x750)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>Quits AoE to play League of Lesbians
>returns
>stomps the entire AoE2 comp scene
>no one in sight who could possibly challenge him
You wanna be on top, playing lol is mandatory.
>>
>>1690930
He came back to aoe because he was a LoL shitter and nobody wants to watch him play LoL badly
>>
>>1690930
He played AoE2 before LoL.
He's good because he plays RTS, not because that dumb game.
>>
>>1690932
>>1690933
it requires more micro than aoe
Even if he was shit at lol, for aoe it was enough
>>
>>1690930
two different games
>>
when is ghostmaster going to play in tournaments?
>>
File: 20200723171333_1.jpg (501 KB, 1360x768)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
>>1690937
You're a funny guy, anon.
>>
>>1690882
>Im hoping next Hidden Cup will be mostly closed maps.
We already had shitty boomy maps though. What would making them "closed" do?
>>
>>1690941
>The ugly More Blood Mod
Soul
>>
>>1690934
Go back to lol then you faggot
>>
>>1690953
That was almost 3 years ago, and I almost feel nostalgic about it
I tried to play like a metafag and made archers that game and Nicov punished me for it, whereas nowadays I effortlessly counter knights with spears

To this day, I still cannot forgive myself for making archers in that match
Also, turns out Nicov was streaming during that game, he went 'Oh no' when he saw me milling my deer, which he promptly punished me for it, must have pitied me
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.02 MB, 699x751)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>no sicilians updates
ATTACAMU
>>
>>1690957
No, stomping AoEkiddies is too much fun
>>
>>1690979
>stomping AoEkiddies
No you don't.
>>
>>1690980
i have, without a shadow of a doubt, the lowest elo in this thread by an enormous margin
>>
>>1690982
>i have
Proof or didn't happen.
>>
>>1690983
640-something? i genuinely dont know how anybody could be lower unless they're actually throwing
>>
>>1690986
You did not post proof.
Post evidence you of you beating someone, or get the fuck out.
>>
>>1690989
i have literally never won a match
>>
>>1690990
At least you're honest
>>
>>1690995
RTSes filter me really hard. i get so overwhelmed if im being attacked by anything and i feel like i have no agency

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.