[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3060.png (3.11 MB, 1920x1080)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB PNG
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/tinto-talks-12-15th-of-may.1677441/
Bow down to the king.
>>
File: 03d.jpg (41 KB, 405x720)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>1756571
>>
Johan-sama
>>
I'm looking forward to play a romeboo campaign starting as my tiny italian birthplace duchy as my first game
>>
>>1756571
>>1756574
>>1756580
How much are you obvious shills being paid by JoTran?
>>
>>1756571
>Austria
>Not Oesterreich
It's over.
>>
>>1756582
Fuck off back to /gsg/, no one likes you
>>
Thoughts?
>>
>>1756585
Historically accurate
>>
>>1756571
I am going for a GrobFirenze campaign, the objectively kinoest Italian statelet under the most noble and wealthy house of Medici
>>
File: Wizcel.png (1.21 MB, 1280x913)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>1756571
Johan casually baking a system better than Shitoria's Sphere of Influence DLC into basegame EUV.

My kneecaps hurt, bros...
>>
>>1756600
also a better curia system than ck3, what are the other teams even doing?
>>
>>1756571
It's weird how much detail some places like France have, and they you have other places like Wales and Aragon where they are just one big blob. I would have thought since johan lives in Barcelona that Catalans would be on his ass to make Catalonia and Aragon separate within one of the unions that he just described.
>>
>>1756587
Not entirely.
A good example is Russia post Napoleon. The Tsar was technically the King of Poland, but that title never really mattered because it was de facto Russian land and had little to no autonomy.
>>
>>1756571
MY KNEES ARE CURLING ON THEIR OOOOOOOOOOWN!
>>
>>1756582
your locality sucks dick
>>
>>1756571
JoGOAT. Holy shit this is better than what I could ever imagine.
>>
>>1756605
You'll never be a real country, catacuck.
>>
File: ui.png (91 KB, 1482x531)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
bros... it just sounds too good... there has to be a catch, right?
>>
>>1756625
The catch is that the game will never be topped and we will all be stuck with it for generations to come.
>>
>>1756625
No EUVI until 2035
>>
>>1756571
After 15 years of dice roll map painting I'm a bit sick of paradox games.

The last promising game they made was imperator (patched) and they abandoned it. It's still the same shit though.
>>
>>1756627
I'm fine with the map painter to end all map painters.
>>
File: eu5 tcs.png (83 KB, 1488x516)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
shouldn't be a suprise but we did get a confirmation
>>
>>1756625
$70 at launch
>>
>>1756651
vgh, how do I spend paper mana to reduce inflation IRL?
>>
>>1756651
Filters 90% of the performance complaints
>>
>>1756571
I think some of Hungary should be split off into vassals.
Eastern Hungary was significantly independent for the time period being simulated.
To divide up Poland or France into vassal swarms, but not Hungary, seems ahistorical.
>>
File: 1702331352996451.png (2.74 MB, 1650x1050)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
>>1756605
Yeah, a couple of the chunky blobs should definitely be broken up.
Aragon, Hungary, Austria.
The older Imperialism Reinvigorated mod for EU4 did it fairly well. With a variety of vassal and union types to handle the different levels of integration between parts of nations.
It had probably the best subject system I saw for EU.
>>
Still nothing on how dynasties work aside from the mention of unions?
>>
>>1756661
Right now there are bigger issues for that area than the level of centralisation in Hungary, such as Moldova existing at all.
>>
>>1756661
>Eastern Hungary was significantly independent for the time period being simulated.
It wasn't. It was a province with its governor directly appointed by the king to carry out his will. By your logic every county in England would have to be independent.
>>
>>1756665
I guess the problem is that you have nothing else to put there.
Semi-feudal tribes?
>>1756669
They definitely acted with autonomy in the region and local lords often had basically independent foreign policies on the local level.
The administrator being appointed by the King doesn't change that his choice was typically made with heavy influence on him by the local nobility, who weren't interested in following some random. Nor were they always obedient to whomever was appointed.
If you look at a list of appointed leaders, in the timeframe of the game-start, they're changing rapidly and some local nobles are even declaring themselves Voivode without the King's direct appointment.

Wales has already been split off from England and the 'leader' of Wales was typically the crown prince. But we know that the marcher lords and the Welsh princes basically ran themselves in the timeframe of game-start.
So by precedent, the Transylvanian region could be split off for having a similar amount of autonomy to that.
>>
>>1756677
>I guess the problem is that you have nothing else to put there.
>Semi-feudal tribes?
Keep it Golden Horde until Hungary pushes them out. Technically the area does have a few local Vlach rulers under Tatar suzerainty but there sre no names being mentioned in any of the sources I've read so far.
>>
>>1756685
Yeah, I guess leaving it Golden Horde would make the most sense.
>>
>>1756685
To add to this, according to one of the books I was reading, 1337 was smack dab in the middle of a 7 year long raid of Tatars into Transylvania that ended in 1340, but I don't know how much that holds up.
>>
>>1756677
>The voivodes had power concentrated in their hands, impelling the monarchs to replace them frequently:[11] forty-three voivodes ruled between 1199 and 1288.[78] Monarchs usually refrained from appointing as voivode noblemen who owned Transylvanian estates.[37]
It's the exact opposite of what you are describing. The monarch could appoint whoever he wanted and the local lords had no say in the matter and he preferred to appoint non-locals. The fact that the voivodes were constantly being replaced is a testament to the king's authority. The only time someone tried to self-declare themselves voivode was in the period of civil war when royal authority was weakened. Hungary wasn't a feudal kingdom where lords ran their lands and mini-countries, all power stemmed from the king.
>>
High nobility (vassals with significant political power) only really existed in Germany, France and Italy, most other places are better represented with the (low) nobility estate.
>>
>>1756692
Local lords absolutely had an influence on the choice, as did local politics.
The Voivode at game start controlled lands in Eastern Hungary and was a significant member of the nobility in the region. He was a friend of the king, but was also a substantial landholder in Eastern Hungary and was part of the Transylvanian region's local political system.
And he was also one of the longest lasting Voivodes in history. So clearly the effort to appoint 'foreign' administrators, if one actually existed with any kind of coherency, caused the rapid cycling, if anything.
Likely due to significant rejection rates by the local nobles on who they were willing to work with.

Hungary was significantly a feudal state as much as any other.
>>1756700
Poland and Lithuania dispute that.
Both had nobility as powerful and influential as the Dukes of Burgundy, relative to their Monarchs.
>>
>>1756651
it'll be the last map painter I'll ever need so this is fine
>>
>>1756700
This. I guess a strong argument could be made for the Crown of Aragon but the difference from the perspective of a player in a game is what's important here. Where they differed, law systems and courts are things that to a large extent a player will never care about. Public indecency laws matter in real life sure but you don't want to or care about managing them between say Aragon and Valencia in game. The major distinction for a player would be the tax rates and the army of "the state" you play as and while the latter difference for Aragon the former isn't so you centralise it. Comparityively the vassals of France and the HRE had strong powers in both. Hungary on the other hand was unified in both so it ends up centralised too.
>>
Maybe Hungary will just have low crown authority to compensate for the blob.
>>
>>1756710
It will be blob full of unintegrated pops, probably Hungary in the beginning won't be able to muster a decent army for it's size.
>>
cool it down with anti-magyar propaganda
they will unite balkans and you will love it
>>
hungary? you mean south poland?
>>
>>1756728
Ostosterreich
>>
>>1756726
The game starts 7 years after they lost control over one of their bigger vassals.
>>
File: code.jpg (274 KB, 828x689)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
Modders are eating good once the game comes out. Can't wait to see what Mayo 4 will be like
>>
>>1756706
>The Voivode at game start controlled lands in Eastern Hungary and was a significant member of the nobility in the region.
You don't understand the context of what you are talking about. He wasn't a local lord that was appointed to please the locals. He had no roots in Transylvania. He comes from a Croatian family and held lands in north-western Hungary. He supported the king in the civil war I was talking about and got rewarded with lands for it, which is also why his tenure was unusually long. Mind you the whole point of the civil war was to wipe out all local centers of power and it was a success.
>Likely due to significant rejection rates by the local nobles on who they were willing to work with.
Do you have any source to back that up, or are we just making things up?
>Hungary was significantly a feudal state as much as any other.
That is just plain wrong. There was no western style feudalism, e.g. no feudal contract of oaths of service in exchange for grants in Hungary. The country was organized in a different way.
>>
>>1756737
I doubt M&T will make the port.
EU5 has them timeline mogged, which was their original selling point, and now has population stats, which is what 2.0's selling point was.
At this point M&T has Dei Gratia and its infrastructure and Estates system to its name. But any or all of those could end up being replicated in EU5's development, given how much Johan seems to be looking at M&T as a reference.
>>
>>1756752
make a mod
>>
>>1756571
>Frisian Freedom
Kek I knew that commies was confirmed
Jotran strike again
>>
File: file.png (198 KB, 534x400)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>1756752
>>
>>1756752
Kill yourself, Robbie.
Pretending to be retarded is still being retarded.
>>
>>1756753
Lad, EU5 will be the first point of learning history and about the world for many gamers, and you want to wilfully indoctrinate them into this false construct created by Jews? Bloody piss off.
>>
>>1756756
>pretending to be based is still based
ftfy
>>
>THAT faggot is back
no one reply to him, just ignore him
>>
>>1756760
But I have to tell him how retarded he's acting..
>>
>>1756760
You’re the fucking faggot mate. You want to slavishly consume a turd being excruciatingly expelled from the Jew anus. You’re probably a fucking pedo too, get the fuck off this website and take your troons with you.
>>
>>1756763
your anger and attention is what fuels him
>>
>>1756587
The kings of the Kalmar union kept appointing Danes and Germans to bailiwicks in Sweden and Norway. This was the cause of several conflicts between parts of the Swedish nobility and the Danish kings. You'd think that Johan would be aware of this.
>>
will Germany be in the game?

please nobody answered my inquiry last thread ..
>>
how would you even convince them to change the name to Kiev?
it's not like you can somehow out-influence the reddit hordes buying every dlc
>>
>>1756728
>>1756730
northserbivms
>>
>>1756779
as a formable? most likely
>>
>>1756571
HUNG-RY LOOKING THICK AF BOIS. How would they NOT BE OP AF?
>>
>>1756744
>how much Johan seems to be looking at M&T as a reference.
He even has a M&T modder on his team, which is also why I'd argue EU5 won't mog M&T but will be their ultimate success by turning their mod into the next game.
>>
>>1756769
Throwing a shitfit about the name of a single city and some random bitch at Tinto isn't the way to go about it and you know this.
>>
>>1756773
I can't wait for the game to come out and for you to look like a complete and utter retard
>>
>>1756585
so is the Angevin Empire and the HYW going to be scripted with French minors flipping over to a Union with England?
>>
>>1756651
>Googles "EU5 free download"
Your move, Johan.
>>
File: image (47).png (284 KB, 893x1197)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
So what will the Pope do with all the money he'll be getting? Will he be able to reinvest it into church infrastructure and charity work in Christendom, helping him maintain influence in other Catholic countries, or will we just a mega Rome every playthrough?
>>
Seeing R*bbie getting janny'd brightens my days
>>
>>1756803
just see*
>>
>>1756803
Soulless text font.
>>
>>1756807
He'll be back in 15 minutes.
>>
>>1756803
In real life, they really made Rome the most beautiful city in the world, so it would be accurate
>>
I WILL play England.

I WILL subjugate Ireland and Scotland. They WILL be known as the British Isles.

I WILL defeat the French and shatter their kingdom into a thousand little pieces. They WILL know that France was never and won't ever be Britain's equal.

I WILL colonize America and establish the Thirteen Colonies. They WILL remain a Dominion of England, until the end of time.

I WILL bring down the Indian Kingdoms and establish British Rule. They WILL learn how to use toilets and stop getting muck on my silk.

I WILL get China adicted to Opium. They WILL learn that the Mandate of Heaven lies with the British, not some yellow-river dipping savages.

This game will be good. I have foreseen it. Victoria 3 Copers will migrate to this game due to a superior economic system. Crusader Kings 3 plebs will play from 1337 until 1453 and admit it to be the superior game. HoI4 dogs will come to understand the honour in fighting with musket and canon, rather than bullet-shitting rifles and ear-ringing artillery, and admit they were wrong. Only the Stellaris cucks will be safe, and that is because their game is fantasy, and real men don't dream of fantasy.

Project Caesar bros, how does it feel to win this hard? They're going to rename Paradox Games into Caesar Games, mark my words.
>>
>>1756800
>Declares bankruptcy and ends support for the game
Your move, Anon.
>>
>>1756813
>Caesar Games
Johan Games is better
>>
>>1756812
Sure but they also had livestock grazing in Old St. Peter's in the 16th century.
>>
>>1756813
I'm fine with this as long as you stay catholic and disband parliament.
>>
>>1756571
Why are Germans like this?
>>
>>1756740
He held small holdings in Northern Hungary, but before being appointed Voivode had already gained or been gifted large amounts of land in South East Hungary as part of the war.
The significant landholdings were the key to his position and its stability.
After him, the only ones to hold power for more than a few months to a year all were large hereditary landholders in Eastern Hungary. The entire Lackfi line drew their influence from Eastern Hungary more than anywhere else, for example.

Western style feudalism itself basically never existed as you describe.
Instead, almost all of them follow a similar pattern of hereditary control over local areas and the reliance on those with higher titles to gain the loyalty or at least avoid the disloyalty of the local power-brokers. With the King having power equal to the army he can personally bring to bear and his ability to deploy it against enemies.
For Hungary the local nobles in Transylvania were constantly a point of contention and disloyalty or independent political policy, such as with Vlad Tepes or the rise of the Bathory family.
Hungarian kings and warlords had to babysit the South East all the time to keep them from trying to act independently or betraying them for the Turks/Romanians/Polish/etc.
>>
>>1756782
Kiev will remain because the alternative is stupid and eventually this whole thing will blow over. Even if the Scots declared independence and forced journalists to call it Glesga, eventually Glasgow would predominate again.
>>
>>1756831
Czechia is stupid as well but it's only gaining prominence and will more than likely stick around. It doesn't have a politically-charged origin but it's the same in the sense that the government asked for the name to be used when referring to the nation and it's everywhere now. Soon entire generations will grow up only having known Kyiv and that will be the norm. It'll be as weird as when boomers occasionally refer to Ukraine as "the Ukraine".
>>
>>1756838
>It'll be as weird as when boomers occasionally refer to Ukraine as "the Ukraine".
Calling it "Kiev" I mean.
>>
>>1756651
I'm an adult with a job, I will be able to easily afford what ever they ask for.
>>
>>1756838
How is Czechia stupid? Most other republics dont actually put republic in their every day name.
>>
>>1756831
>>1756838
Reminder Romania was called Rumania in english until the 70s until the Romanian government clarified their preferred spelling. These kind of things are not something new.
>>
>>1756571
EU5 chads stay winning
>>
>>1756822
autism
>>
>>1756585
That's fucking retarded
>>
>>1756853
nah you are
>>
>>1756831
of course the alternative is stupid, kyiv looks like shit and I say it as a Slav.
But >>1756838
anon is right, since everyone follows the politically correct path in order not to hurt someone's feelings and changes Kiev to kyiv, next generations will see kyiv as naturally as we see Kiev. It's sad but it is what it is.
It's pretty funny to see how anglos censor themselves all the time. And I don't mean the censorship which happens everywhere, anglos censor the very core of the issue - the language. The "n-word", refering to people as "them", changing the names of cities/countries to pander to foreigners etc.
Liberalism got you good
>>
>>1756754
Nothing to fill Commie wet dreams like being a bunch of swamp dwellers that were too irrelevant for anyone to even remember that they weren't legally a member of the HRE.
At least Dithmarschen had a neat little story.
>>
>>1756853
Nah it makes sense and will help from ending up in a place where you have a PU by Lorraine over France that freezes Western Europe for 150 years.
Making them equal actually helps the game out a lot more and makes things more accurate.
>>
I am worried that whoever wins the 100 years war will end up completely dominating Europe.
>>
>>1756803
I imagine the Curia will be a giant money pit for the pope to dump ducats into for Prestige and to hold off reform desire.
If they are too greedy, then you'll expedite the Reformation or Hussites.
"Hopefully" it is that interactive.
>>
>>1756866
Given how late it is in the game, not sure if they will even have a good league system since the one in EU4 never even gets the historical outcome due to the war ending long before 30 years pass and fighting the league war is a main selling point of EU4.
>>
>>1756866
Why?
>>
>>1756822
Centralisation is gay, real men prefer local government
>>
>>1756843
Wtf are you talking about? In HOI4, which happens in 1900 something, it is clearly spelled Romania, not Rumania or whatever.
>>
>>1756870
Mudhut tribe mentality.
>>
>>1756864
Who said they weren't part of the HRE?
>>
>>1756866
France did dominate Europe.
Spain only temporarily displaced them with a combo of New World money and getting ahead of time on Mil Tech.
France could be weakened if its vassals manage to unify or ally together and start resisting it. Leave it as decentralized as the HRE.
>>
>>1756864
Legally, they were members of the HRE, but like the free cities, they owed their allegiance directly to the Emperor rather than to a local lord.
>>
>>1756874
>Mudhut tribe mentality.
I prefer to call it high test
>>
File: 1711838625187728.jpg (280 KB, 1300x1083)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>1756873
Well, hoi4 got it wrong, then. If you look up maps or newspapers of the era it's spelled Rumania.
>>
>>1756875
The Frisians weren't all part of the HRE until the 1460s and not totally integrated until the 1500s.
>>
>>1756625
It's going to have same performance as meiou or worse
>>
>>1756876
>France did dominate Europe.
Not really, the HRE was unquestionably the hegemon until Frederick II's death lead to the interregnum period.
>>
>>1756863
Anglos won so hard that they got bored with their success and just started feeling terrible for everyone else.
>>
>>1756881
Source for this?
>>
>>1756864
The Frisian freedom wasn't communism, retard. Absence of feudalism doesn't mean it was a proletariat paradise.
>>
>>1756838
>Czechia is stupid
Why? We don't say "the Slovak Republic" or "the Croat Republic." In fact the Czechs wanted "Czechia" for a long time. And it falls within English naming conventions, unlike the Watermelon Sultan's decision to rename Turkey to Türkiye.
>>
>>1756571
Based, Robbie on suicide watch
>>
the game still has plenty of time to get bad. wait and see you chuds.
>>
Every city/national etc name should be pronounced as they are by the locals. Dumb angloids struggling with this when nobody else does is their problem to overcome.
>>
>>1756822
Germ*ns are the losers of history
>>
>>1756907
This but the names should change depending on the culture of the realm they're part of, not the culture of the locals.
>>
>>1756866
The game will probably still be a map painter, and, since the timeline was pushed back so much, I don't see how the player doesn't hit critical mass and wins the game by the time colonization comes around, if not before.
>>
>>1756863
Kyiv seems to hurt your feelings a lot you butthurt little nigger lmao
>>
>Ky-AACK!
>>
>>1756692
>Hungary wasn't a feudal kingdom where lords ran their lands and mini-countries, all power stemmed from the king.

more like the exact opposite! heard about máté csák and the other cunts?
>>
>>1756864
>Commie
What I find annoying about any modern historical discussion, is that whenever you talk about class consciousness and social struggle, people immediately jump towards the conclusion that it has to be Marxist. Whereas the overthrow of feudalism, such as in the sense of the Dutch and French bourgeois revolutions were very upfront about their interests as a class.
If you want to model internal division and strive; adding class interests and greed of the entrenched classes is very much a great way to go about things.
Like, how can you have the Dutch republic, the printing press, the French revolution all in your game and ignore everything but the window dressing
>>
>>1756907
>all these complaints about Kiev/Kyiv
>meanwhile they don't complain about pronunciations and spellings like Ngerulmud, Reykjavík, Sarajevo, Comayagüela, Bandar Seri Begawan, or God help us all, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
>>
>>1756912
It all depends on "coring" mechanics. If you can't absorbe pieces and eliminate every kind of revolt in max 20 years by spending paper mana no way you're going to blob without rebellions tearing your empire apart
>>
>>1756933
I will complain about each and every one of them. If my localization is set to english, I want the city names to be set to fucking english. I don't give a shit whether the germans call it Koln or Colomogne or Conmogdsmgroigmsrogon, in english it's fucking Cologne. Make the name be in english english if I'm playing the game in english.
>>
>>1756938
Fuck off, anglo.
>>
>>1756763
>t. /gsg/er, c. 2017
>>
>>1756938
>in english it's fucking Cologne
Based French buckbroke Anglos into throwing away their more appropriate Germanic spelling and accepting theirs instead.
>>
>>1756571
>diplomacy is still based around aggressive expansion
disappointing
>>
My biggest gripe is that they still call it Papal States when the official name was State of the Church.
>>
>>1756938
There aren't even Anglified versions for some places.
>>
>>1756827
Vlad Tepes has nothing to do with this, he was Wallachian. The Bathorys held the post only a single time before the Battle of Mohacs (of course after that the role of Transylvania changed significantly but that's irrelevant here). The Lackfis didn't become voivodes because they were locally strong, but because they were favoured by the king. They were nobodies before the Anjous and when the Anjous were gone they became nobodies again. This perfectly proves my point that only the whims of the king mattered, not what the locals thought. By your logic they should have went on being significant players based on their local power regardless of who the king was, but the exact opposite happened. The same is true for Szechenyi. He could hold his position because the king liked him. As soon as the king died the next one could immediately remove him without a hitch, local landholder or not.
>Hungarian kings and warlords had to babysit the South East all the time to keep them from trying to act independently or betraying them for the Turks/Romanians/Polish/etc.
What a load of bs. Give me a single example when the voivode of Transylvania went rogue, besides the civil war that ended before the game start.
>>
File: 1715754475454498.gif (516 KB, 84x128)
516 KB
516 KB GIF
>>1756874
A polis of between 500 and 1000 households and a chora wich can be surveyed in it's entirety from a large height remains the ideal form of organization, and basically, you are a subhuman with a smooth brain and a nonfunctional penis.
>>
>>1756651
i'd gladly pay $100 if it lives up to the hype desu
>>
>>1756965
And then it gets destroyed by a huge standing army of a massive centralized state. RIP bozo
>>
>>1756803
investing in florentine and genoan jew banks
>>
File: 1674640871823012.gif (34 KB, 448x272)
34 KB
34 KB GIF
>>1756571
fuuuuckkkk those borders hnnng
>>
>>1756973
You're a stupid medizing nigger and should be killed.
>>
File: 1358523353655.gif (1.78 MB, 320x180)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>yes.

>Peasant Republics are a special status in HRE.
>>
>>1756983
Stay mad, and without a real military.
>>
>>1756582
>t. seething wizcel
>>
>>1756988
Wizcel here, no seething. Game looks good so far.
>>
>>1756819
Trad soul
>>
File: allsmiles.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1756973
based and Nappypilled
>>
File: standards2.png (88 KB, 500x283)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>1756803
Trying to go back to Rome and then hiring mercenaries to fight against the one or two other Popes as well as the Turks and Hussites
>>
>>1756944
The germans are still the biggest buckbreakers by making anglos and french refer to themselves by the names of germanic tribes.
>>
File: refwd.png (1.49 MB, 900x691)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>1756985
>stay m-ACK!
Paradox map painters and not knowing shit about history - name a more iconic duo.
>>
File: 1709952297381706.gif (112 KB, 244x248)
112 KB
112 KB GIF
>Minor dev diary for a technically unannounced game has a better version of the main feature of V3's newest update
Wiz and the entire V3 staff should commit sudoku in shame
>>
>>1757025
I would not be suprised if EU5 has atleast twice the budget of Vic3.
>>
>>1757026
>atleast twice the budget
>a sequel of a game that was expected to flop vs a sequel to Paradox's flagship
Wouldn't doubt if it was much more desu
>>
>>1757010
what tribe does german refer to exactly
>>
>>1756581
I looked at the map and I honestly have no clue which of the three possible HRE tags my home town lies in, because the map is just so damn granular. I hope my home location at least produces silver, as it did historically
>>
>>1757010
>>1757035
misread ops
>>
File: 1624377908800.jpg (85 KB, 1080x1080)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>1757025
>everyone time someone mentions V3 johan essentially says "I don't know about that game but we're not doing that"
>>
File: construction.png (43 KB, 1204x392)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
Better construction system than V3 too
>>
cant wait to see what the international banker entities are like
>>
>>1757071
>in each location
thats going to be tedious as hell
>>
>>1757074
Macrobuilder?
>>
>>1757074
Since this game isn't shit you won't have to go through 6 menus and a mapmode to build something, you'll just click the macro builder and click a province
>>
>>1757074
EU5 is aiming for the autist audience
>>
File: 1714792284311230.jpg (321 KB, 1425x2015)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>1756625
>there has to be a catch, right?
I can already see a few
1) It will probably be buggy and/or have major balancing issues on launch, but this is nothing to get used to if you've been a Paradox fan for a long time. We might have a repeat of CK2 where the launch is very clean and the launch version of the game is very playable, but since this is Tinto and not main PDS I feel like they don't have all the manpower they need for a clean launch like that.
2) Probably gonna have some kind of woke pandering, which is why they're taking forever with Project Caesar's name reveal.
3) The biggest one for me is that the game looks bloatmaxxed to shit. I'm at the point where I stopped reading the Tinto Talks posts because there just seems to be too much being added without direction. I think the last one I read was the one where Johan was talking about how paper will be separated by what it's made out of and everyone made fun of it saying it sounded like Victoria-style economic overautism. I was really hoping they'd use the opportunity a new game brings to "calibrate" EU's gameplay so that it's not as overwhelming as modern EUIV is, but it looks like they're keeping most of EUIV's bloat instead of overhauling this thing for a more focused experience.
4) They haven't mentioned anything about combat yet, and after the last few games this is the point I'd worry the most about. Although Johan said we're getting le toy soldiers back, no further details were revealed beyond unit comps in TT #11. I personally believe combat simulations are what make or break a GSG, so it's very important they don't do anything stupid here.
>>
>>1757087
>2) Probably gonna have some kind of woke pandering, which is why they're taking forever with Project Caesar's name reveal.
What exactly are you expecting with this?
>>
>>1757077
>>1757078
ive used the macrobuilder in eu4, shit is still tedious. When manufactories are unlocked at tech 12-14 it takes a good 10 mins just to spam all of the buildings especially if you went wide
>>
>>1757096
You just open the list, sort by most profitable, and press LMB until you're out of money. Takes like 10-20 seconds.
>>
>>1757087
>I personally believe combat simulations are what make or break a GSG, so it's very important they don't do anything stupid here.
Units have most of the same stats as EU4 but with the addition of Combat Speed and Frontage. The combat will probably be similar to EU4/Imperator but an iteration (and no imperator tactics system).
>>
>>1757097
if you're playing someone like russia it takes a lot longer, also this isnt as simple as look for most profitable building and spam, you now have to manage a whole supply chain of resources. A good chunk of your time is going to be spent constantly looking at resource throughputs and closing bottlenecks
>>
>>1757099
>A good chunk of your time is going to be spent constantly looking at resource throughputs and closing bottlenecks
And thank god for that, finally something to do besides blobbing
>>
File: 3027.png (1.96 MB, 1920x1080)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
>>1757095
They might take Europe out of the name since the focus of the game at launch now seems to be on simulating every country accurately instead of Europe getting most of the effort and the rest of the map largely existing to get colonized by European powers, maybe rename it to Imperator [something]. Personally it doesn't bother me, but after how hard /vst/ screeched about "Kyiv" being on the map I can see a shitstorm of similar proportions happening when the name is revealed to be something other than a name with a focus on European dominance.
>>
>>1757098
>The combat will probably be similar to EU4/Imperator but an iteration (and no imperator tactics system)
This is what I'm hoping will happen, but I still want to see confirmation before I'm convinced they'll do the right thing here.
>>
File: .png (19 KB, 635x191)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>1757106
>>
>>1757102
There won't be any such outcry outside of niche communities which everyone ignores except to make fun of.
>>
>>1757012
>muh Switzerland
>one battle that barely breaks four digits
How did that go for them when Napoleon showed up, btw?
>>
Anyone that thinks they are gonna change the branding of their biggest IP is retarded.
>>
>>1757071
That's literally what EU4 already had, you really need to stop obsessing with V3, it's not healthy.
>>
>>1757102
>but after how hard /vst/ screeched about "Kyiv" being on the map
It was one bad faith retard
>>
>>1757128
This, it's blindingly obvious they're not going to officially announce EUV while they're selling EUIV's last dlc
/v/tards are gonna /v/tard though
>>
If centralization is so good and localized governance is so bad how come the autistically states-rights-obsessed United States of America is the dominant power on the planet by a huge margin?
>>
>>1757102
They're not going to ditch the branding of one of their flagship franchises out of fear of woketards, most of whom wouldn't even realise that the name is problematic in the first place
If they don't call it Europa Universalis 5 it'll be called something like [Project Caesar]: A Europa Universalis Game, which keeps the branding and if they really are worried about woketards getting mad at it, they can easily drop the "Europa Universalis" subtitle from [Project Caesar] 2
>>
>>1757148
Because they were the only power left after WW2. Now that more traditional powers have risen again their dominance is fading.
>>
>>1757125
>How did that go for them when Napoleon showed up, btw?
He won so easily and without major losses that he forced Switzerland to never fight again. Only country he did that to btw.
Decisive Buonaparte strategic victoriy
>>
>>1757010
The French sure, but not really for the Anglos
>>
>>1757148
>most fertile strip of land on the planet
>good climate to grow a thirsty crop like cotton
>masses of gold and oil
>didn't have to mechanize until way after WW2
Because they came upon land so fucking rich and unspoiled by human development, it didn't matter what retardation they did on top of it to waste it.

And that's not me suggesting the Soviets would do better if their geographic situations were switched, it's me saying it outright, because they definitely would.
>>
>>1757148
>the autistically states-rights-obsessed
This hasn't been true for 160 years
>>
Legalism Gang

LEGALISM GANG
>>
>>1757164
The only law is that the strong rule over the weak
Leviathanchads ww@
>>
>L'etat cest moi
Our response Frisian Freedombros???
>>
>>1757166
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuK_hFs4Ozg
>>
>>1757128
>>1757140
Project Caesar will be a new IP that caters to a different audience than EU4 did. The EU name will survive as a mobile IP for mana/blobniggers.
>>
>>1756700
>rus princlings in both grand duchy and russian principalities
>horde factions
>PLC with its magnates
>>
>>1756841
It's stupid because it isn't what he grew up with.
>>
>>1756867
Imagine a Papal States run basically being a 'beautify Europe and fund the Crusades/Renaissance' simulator. You can't blob, so you invest.
>>
>>1756815
EUV will be perfect at launch. I already won.
>>
>>1757193
That means there's a very good reason for France to want the Pope's capital to be in Avignon, all that investment money boosting the economy around it
>>
>>1757197
No, I think the Papal States should be helping to fund shit across Europe. Patronage, and all that. Maybe even managing church lands in other states. Symbiotic or parasitic stuff.
>>
>>1757193
Fuck this I want to go full Borgia and form the Kingdom of God.
>>
>>1757204
>form the Kingdom of God
Huge meme.
>>
i cant believe that this is the same studio that spent the last 3 years stuffing eu4 full of mission tree filler instead of real content
>>
>>1757212
Mission tree filler is cheap. That's why. Paradox wants you to pay for mod tier content.
>>
>>1756946
yeah i was hoping that they would create a system to emulate the balance of powers, if you begin to outscale the AI, they all should form coalitions against you regardless of AE
>>
>>1756600
>>1756602
Sweden Paradox has fallen
Only Spain group and Johan can save it.
>>
>>1757212
It’s kinda not the same studio, this is a spinoff. It’s Johan plus modder autists.
>>
>>1757212
It makes sense, the script monkeys designing mission trees and artists drawing pictures can't program the new game. Might as well have everyone doing something, it's good management.
>>
>>1757035
>what tribe does german refer to exactly
Depends on the language. The French name refers to the Alemanni. Tacitus said that the Germani were a tribe who changed their names but seems more ambiguous.
>>
>>1757010
>Anglos
U wot, m8?
The native celts of the British Isles are still around, they're just called "Welsh" or "Scottish". They did get buckbroken, but not in the way you are referring to.
>>
>>1756625
Divided into regional/national packs.
>>
>>1757212
Project Caesar has been in development since mid-2020. EU4 has been nothing more than a cash cow to fund their next game since then.
>>
>>1757087
>eu4 is too bloated
sorry this game isn't for you
>>
>>1757148
The federalization of the US is a complete meme; there is no reason to have a federal state if you do not have various ethnic groups and cultures.

And the US is getting surpassed by the People's Republic of China as we speak.
>>
>>1757259
You seem to have mistaken bloat for complexity.
>>
>>1757148
>the autistically states-rights-obsessed United States of America
The USA had a civil war over this a while ago, the faction for states rights lost.
>>
>>1757274
>the faction for states rights lost.
Remind me, they fought for their state right to do what again?
>>
File: 1710274187447925.webm (894 KB, 600x338)
894 KB
894 KB WEBM
>>1756571
Johan I...
>>
>>1757275
For slavery, but that doesn't change his argument, the states have lost even more power since the war in a myriad of ways, not least as federal spending has ballooned. The US is pretty centralized.
>>
>>1757275
Do literally anything.
>but slavery
The US government had no right to deprive anyone of property under the Constitution without due process, regardless if that property was immoral.
>>
>>1757275
dont shit up the thread faggot
>>
>>1757148
They weren't the dominant power until well after the states-rights-obsessed fags lost the civil war
>>
File: 1714390443041224.png (111 KB, 519x533)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>1757155
>didn't have to mechanize until way after WW2

what does this mean
>>
>>1757148
all you need to look at is the spanish colonies to see that centralization is bad.
>>
File: 1644195888306.png (98 KB, 273x275)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>1756815
Redditors already pre-bought, so I don't have to fund Paradox.
>>
>>1757304
Centralization is great, the problem of the spanish colonies was that they inherited a centralized system of administration that they couldn't implement at first due to lack of local power to enforce it throughout their enormous and scarcely inhabited territories (unlike the US, which started as a bunch of concentrated colonies); that issue was slowly solved by continuous governmental efforts through bloody rebellion crushings, native oppression and administrative standardization (just like the frogs did with their own centralization of Frogland).
>>
>>1757149
Konami did this with PES and killed the franchise.
>>
>>1756571
>1337 start
>>
>>1757102
>no danzing which controlled whole vistula trade
>nothing in netherlands
>riga control sweden and finland
>lubeck control whole denmarl and norway
>>
>>1757148
usa inherited prime Greater Tartaria lands
>>
>>1757351
>Konami did this with PES and killed the franchise.
>In 2020 the series was rebranded to eFootball and switched to a new engine. This was met with mixed to negative reviews from both critics and customers alike.
That's one of the worst names I've ever heard
>>
>>1757330
Spanish colonialism was worse than that. They wanted to expand feudalism to the frontier, and it just didn't work. Nobody wanted to defend somebody else's land, especially if they weren't allowed to own a gun out of fear of rebellion. Meanwhile the English just gave everyone guns - including the Natives - and conquered the continent.
>>
>>1757301
Soviet farming had higher rate of mechanized farming until... 60's, I think?
>>
>Kyiv
>>
>>1757148
US has 3 (somewhat) developed areas: California, Boston-New York, and Florida. Everything else is an irrelevant rural shithole. How is that not centralization?
>>
>>1756957
Vlad Tepes matters a lot, because he involved himself with the local nobility and the Saxons in the region heavily, in ways that were outside the allowances by John Hunyadi at the time.
He demonstrates the effective autonomy of the Transylvanian nobility and their distance from the crown.
Him not being Hungarian is the point. He was able to invade parts of Hungary, involve himself with (and deal with manipulation from) nobility and important figures in the region, all without actually involving the Regent/King until he sought to make a direct alliance between Wallachia and Hungary against the Turks.

The Lackfis might have been a favorite of the Anjou dynasty but their strength came from their landholdings in the region.
Saying when the 'Anjous' were gone is an understatement. They were taken out in a civil war with a Holy Roman Emperor who at the time was the strongest figure in Europe.
That is hardly disputing that the Voivode of Transylvania had to be a powerful local noble to maintain power. That is just saying that a provincial lord and the most King of Germany were on different levels of power.

John Hunyadi himself, is an example of a Transylvanian Voivode who basically did whatever he wanted while ignoring the Austrians and Polish that were claiming to be Kings of Hungary, from my point of view.
Going as far as basically taking over Hungary from any of the legal claimants to the throne.
>>
>>1757387
wrong
Spaniards make heavy use of local militias and allies
pic unrelated
>>
>>1756571
I will dismantle the HRE, and I will create a proper centralized Slavic empire from Venice to Manchuria, and from the White Sea to Peloponnese.
>>
>>1757148
The US has only become more unitarian over its history.
>>
>>1757382
>>1757351
The problem with PES was not the new name, but the focus on online.
>>
>>1757212
People like that bullshit.
>>
>>1756931
Mate you're a literal Marxist. Why pretend you aren't. And you literally just Ctrl + C your points everywhere as I've seen you spam this elsewhere.
>>
>>1757456
>you literally just Ctrl + C your points everywhere
irony of ironies coming from you, the guy who likes to run his schticks into the ground before eventually switching to another one
you can't even come up with your own fucking insults, you have to wait for someone else to insult you before copying it
you're fucking pathetic, you robbie wannabe
>>
>>1757375
>nothing in netherlands
They had a Low Countries trade node, took it out because it was too weak compared to it's neighbours, but reinstated it after feedback with some adjustments so it doesn't get gobbled up. Check the latest map talks, there is now a Antwerp trade node.
>>
>>1757464
I'm not Robbie. I'm referring to you spamming this on here across all threads and the other various forums we're both part of.
>>
>>1757352
Yeah...why?
>>
>>1757352
>>1757502
Definitely too early unless they do some big renovations to the diplomacy system.
That is still CK2/3 era, 100%.
>>
>>1757480
the LARP reaches a new phase where you pretend to be part of "other various forums"
retard
>>
File: johan.png (48 KB, 1212x442)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
And now Crusader Kings is getting mogged too
>>
>>1757125
>>1757152
When Nappoleon showed up the Swiss had been in a treaty of perpetual peace which saw them limit their former military adventurism to serving as mercenaries for the French crown for THREE HUNDRED GOD DAMN YEARS.
The two of you really are such type-defining examples of the retarded paradox gamer who gets his historical knowledge from wikipedia at best and a autistic video game at worst that it's tragic.
>>
>>1757521
I've never heard of Swisswank before.
>>
>>1757511
kino
>>
>>1757510
What? I can give you your Paradox forum or discord username if you want me to.
>>
>>1757532
Alright then, let's hear it, schizo.
>>
>>1756585
Most retarded shit I have read all year.
>>
>>1757275
State rights to secede.
>>
>>1757536
>>
>>1756625
The catch is TOTAL ZIGGER DEATH by Golden Horde and Lithuania every game. And that's based.

On a serious note, I think while the early start date is more interesting hystorically, it will fuck up the mid-to-end-game by having Europe blobify before time has come for 30 year war and other more advanced mechanics that simulate real world dynamic shifts. Obviously, the same applied to EU4 as well with Revolutions just ending up as a win-more mechanic for your 3k development megablob, but the earlier the date, the earlier the megablob.
>>
>>1757556
Not me, retard.
>>
>>1757556
Sure you just word for word share the exact same argument. >>1756931 >>1757556
Fucking retard.
>>
>>1757556
>censoring the time
but why
>>
>>1757556
He's right, you know. Also reform desire and reform spread should be directly related with burger pop influence and size.
>>
>>1757566
>>1757565
Sure you just word for word share the exact same argument. >>1756931 >>1757556
Fucking retard.
>>
>>1757570
>>1757566
Nice argument but you double posted. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>1757573
It's over.
>>1757567
I'm a timezone schizo but I realised it doesn't matter anyway.
>>
>>1757567
delhi peak hours
>>
>>1757569
I don't even mind the argument (but it's wrong besides) it's just that he keeps spamming them everywhere then he gets btfo'd then runs away to spam elsewhere. He also pretends to "just be asking questions" when he admitted before to be a Marxist himself and his real issue is that people aren't buying his Victoria 3 shit.
>>
File: bruh moment.png (6 KB, 565x109)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>1757570
>>
I hope battles will have a greater impact on wars and warscore, total military occupation of a country to win a war is unrealistic for the 13th century, and it historically didn't happen until the napoleonic wars at best
>>
>>1757581
Good thing I was referring to this tard then. >>1756931
>>
>>1757563
We don't know how the early game plays at all, if it was eu4 it would happen 100%
They could fuck it up and have it blob by 1444 but with the control system they could massively limit expansion until some tech date (or still fuck it up)
>>
>>1757528
Reislaufer are cool and all but I'm more of a carer abut the subnormal statement that city state will invariably get conquered by a stronger neighbour.
The fact that the formative event of western civilization involved a collection of small city states vanquishing a world empire multiple times in defense of their civil liberties should clue anyone remotely intelligent in on just how retarded you have to be to think the above (thining here used in the loosest posssible sense).
>>
>>1757605
Before getting dunked on by leagues of each other followed by centralised kingdoms. You can find singular good examples of local power besting stronger entities but they fail to do that on the long term is the issue. Or even the medium term.
>>
>>1757352
Grateful for them making Byzantium playable
>>
>>1757696
>indulging Byzaboos
Cringe, to be honest.
>>
>>1757706
>pretending xe doesn’t love Byzantium
This is a safe space anon
>>
>>1757670
>Before getting dunked on by leagues of each other
Not an argument against decentralization
>followed by centralised kingdoms
Didn't happen. You don't know how the leauge of Conrinth functioned or how the Diadochi interacted with cities in Greece proper.
>You can find singular good examples of local power besting stronger entities but they fail to do that on the long term is the issue. Or even the medium term.
All the examples I've given involved cities or cantons keeping their self governnance for several hundred years after defeating an enroaching power. Did they eventually enter decline, stop being decentralized, or get defeated in the field? Yes. But then, that happens to most states.
You responded to the example of the Swiss by wailing about Napoleon; his defeat of the Swiss is by no means a demonstration of some sort of weakness inherent in local government because A: there was precious little of that in the Swiss confederacy by that time. And, B; Napoleon defeated every other state in Europe. Are we also to take Napoleon's repeated clowning on the Prussians as a demonstration of the feebleness of a centralized state?
>>
>>1757605
>The fact that the formative event of western civilization involved a collection of small city states vanquishing a world empire multiple times in defense of their civil liberties
>criticizes other fags here for their lack of historical knowledge
>has a 300 tier understanding of the greco-persian wars
Lol, lmao even
>>
>>1757352
>t. lame ass n00b
>>
>>1757711
>You responded to the example of the Swiss by wailing about Napoleon
Not that anon.
> Didn't happen. You don't know how the leauge of Conrinth functioned or how the Diadochi interacted with cities in Greece proper.
Ah so it's your ultra-specific form of decentralised entities that allow it. I won't play semantics games. All I will say there's a difference between entities of a system failing and the system itself failing as seen by the fact that no decentralised entities are remaining.
>>
>>1756582
man i wish pdx would pay me to shill their games on 4chan, sounds like dream gig to me
>>
wtf am i supposed to do over the next year bros?
feeling seriously blueballed
>>
I would say let's hope a beta build gets leaked again like shitoria 3 but the chances of that happening are close to 0
>>
>>1757352
I know, 1337 as start date is a bit late. 1212 would be way better
>>
>>1757511
FUCK FUCK FUCK I WANT THIS GAME
>>
>>1757741
The Vic3 beta leak is what convinced me not to buy the game lol
>>
>>1757741
I have a feeling that vic3 was leaked out of frustration over how shit it is, a last ditch effort from someone to convince wiz and others at the top that their ideas suck.
>>
>>1757761
>muh feels
>>
>start closer to 1184 than 1492
>closer to saladin and baldwin iv than columbus and mehmed ii
???
>>
idk these all seems too good to be true
>>
>>1757416
>Florida
>developed
>>
>>1757394
so when you mean mechanized, you're only talking about farming(not like it mattered anyways)?
>>
>>1757761
It was leaked by Wiz himself to btfo the "chuds"(anyone with concerns over Vic3) who were saying the game was going to be shit without the toy soldiers. He did succeed in btfo'ing the "chuds", game was so bad he mindbroke them .
>>
>>1757761
I dunno, the beta build felt shit, but fixable off-balance, "this needs to be worked on more" kind of shit. Then it launched in the same exact state as the leak and never improved since.
>>
If EU V delivers is there even a reason to play other gsgs? Other than to fuck your daughtersisterwife in ck?
>>
>>1756853
I mean, technically PU was a union of independent countries, who were equal.
But in practice, stronger partners did dominate, which is the reason why many weaker countries like Portugal/Sweden tries to break free from their overlord.
Historically, king of Scotland inherited England, but immeddiately moved to London and neglected his role as king of Scotland.
So, in practice Scotland did come a subject of England.
But in EU4 if Scotland inherits England, England will immeddiately revolt.
I don't know I feel the simpler solution would make it so that senior partner is automatically richer/powerful country, so that if Navarre inherits France, Navarre becomes the subject of France
>>
>>1757852
Well yeah I'm still a WW2babby and the last good HOI was DH.
>>
>>1757852
the knees will bend so fucking if he allows us to fuck our daughtersisterwife in euV
>>
I think people with early blobbing concerns are forgetting you're going to get raped by the black plague soon after the start
>>
>>1757581
Those screenshots can be faked fucking retard
>>
>>1756651
Honestly, still would. Johan hyped it good.
>>
>>1756869
Getting the the most populated and and rich Land in Europe would mean that the biggest and Best equipped army is in the hands of the victor
>>
>>1757882
Knowing paradox you'll be able to game the systems and blob harder than ever.
>>
>>1757231
>Alemanni
oh so that where the Arabic name for the German come from now i need to know the origin for austria name then
>>
>>1757908
not really, it would just be france with a little vassal to the north
>>
>>1756938
>livorno should be called leghorn
>>
>>1756651
>$70 at launch
This is the same as a game that cost $44.95 in 2005
>>
>>1757916
Österreich, or eastern realm
>>
>>1757128
Their biggest IP is Hearts of Iron.
>>
>>1757352
Yeah, we should get 395 year start instead. ~1400 years of gameplay, would be kino
>>
>>1756585
Stupid decision imho.>>1757563
>Europe blobify before time has come for 30 year war and other more advanced mechanics that simulate real world dynamic shifts
This. Start date should actually be later then 1444 not earlier. 1498 would be fine for example so we could actually focus on the New World colonisation, Indies and West Indies trade empires and historically plausible reformation instead of 150 years of medieval bullshit that belongs to ck2.
>>
>>1757932
I Don't mean the origin of austria actually name but the name the Arab call them

I did find it looks like it was taken from the Slav
>>
>>1757935
>not starting in the year 31,337 Before Christ
NGMI
>>
>>1757456
I just want to create proto-Communism before Marx is born
>>
>>1756700
Now with the idea of international organization implemented the next step is there should be a system and an according map layer for the administrative framework. What is associated with religion in EU4, things like royal marriages, PUs (and inheritance of titles in general) and some muslim trade node-related quirks, could be passed on to neighboring nations as a form of a governing civilizational model instead.
>>
File: 143[1].jpg (97 KB, 767x978)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>
>>1757852
Only until some madlads decide to make a Victoria or WW2 mod for it.
>>
>>1756571
my lower extremities gravitate towards the ground
>>
>>1756866
I'm worried that a hundred years war will last three years on average
>>
>>1758011
you should get that checked out
>>
>>1757852
Imperator is still the best civilization builder on the market.
>>
>>1758025
whoa really, should I play it Anon?
>>
>>1757852
CK3 takes place in an infinitely more interesting time period, so sure.
>>
>>1758041
lol
>>
>>1757583
You should have to pay manpower to occupy provinces and those men should cost upkeep too
>>
>>1758019
you do know that the hubdred year is a meme name and they didnt actually fight for 100 years straight, right? there were multiple decades without a single battle fought
>>
>>1758049
Gook civil war started in 1950 and is still going on.
>>
File: 1690245477641032.png (607 KB, 686x517)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
>>1756571
I hope it's possible to do something like this. Basically a middle ground between centralization and decentralization, something akin to Imperial Circle HRE but with cleaner borders.
>>
>>1757583
Word.
>>
>>1757569
He's not but I like your idea about reform desire spread.
>>
File: moddable.png (138 KB, 1199x1281)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
Not only will you be able to make Project Caesar into a better Vicky game than V3 by editing one number and extending the timeline by a hundred years, the Crusader Kings mod for Project Caesar is going to be the best Crusader King game
>>
What's with all the V3 seethe? Is it just endemic now?
>>
>>1758074
Holy shit I’m gonna cum
>>
>>1756803
> will we just a mega Rome every playthrough?
I mean the highest dev country in eu4 and eu5 is China and the vatican makes the imperial city of China look like a gypsi encampment in comparison so it's historically accurate
>>
>>1756571
>>
>>1757770
It is.
Reminds me of early Imperator.
>>
File: 1440466084787.gif (935 KB, 500x281)
935 KB
935 KB GIF
>>1758074
At this point I have to ask, what is the catch? Did Johan sell his soul to make this happen?
>>
>>1758180
the catch will be that the game is entirely non-functional or some shit.
>>
>>1756813
holy based. I have the sudden urge to stand up and sing god save the king while planting a union jack flag into the ground
>>
>>1758187
kek this
all the systems will be great but on every playthrough the AI will utterly shit the bed within 30 years and there will be border gore beyond imagination
>>
>>1758201
so like ck2 then
>>
>>1758201
I think that you're right that the ai will really make or break the game.
>>
>>1758180
Games like this are only as strong as their weakest link and there's still plenty of shit we haven't seen yet. Diplomacy, technology, war, and religion are all major systems we barely know anything about.
>>
>>1757934
Their biggest IP is Victoria 2.
>>
>>1758164
For Imperator, the mana bomb was dev diary 3. The real bust-up started with the double dev diaries of republican systems and laws i.e. co-consul as it was originally in weeks 13 and 14. Nothing as egregious as the original mana system in Imperator has been revealed yet and it's week 12 of Tinto so any really bad news should be out in the next 4 weeks or so at latest.
>>
>>1758218
No, he's right it's HoI. That's their money maker without equal. EU is second.
>>
can't wait for the cold war mod for this game
>>
>>1758187
This.
>>
>>1758235
>Extended Timeline mod will be able to simulate all time periods accurate due to modders being able to change everything
The grand strategy to end all grand strategies.
>>
>>1758222
It’s weird that they made Imperator their best modern game before abandoning it completely.
>>
>>1758256
>It’s weird that they made Imperator their best modern game before abandoning it completely.
This. They shouldn't have pissed off their fans with all the bloatmaxx DLC for EU4, I guess. And pissed off fans should have properly directed their anger at EU4, not misdirecting it towards Imperator, imo.
>>
>>1758180
>At this point I have to ask, what is the catch?
It becomes a beloved game by autists, filters normies hard leading to it being a financial flop, so Paradox higher-ups have them massively rework the game to be more like EU4 to appeal to the masses and turn a profit
>>
File: 1704306342802019.gif (289 KB, 472x470)
289 KB
289 KB GIF
>>1758283
I'll sell my soul to not let this happen
>>
File: 2019-3-1-9_34_1002.png (526 KB, 640x426)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
>>1758283
They won't allow this, EU is the flagship series of Paradox.
Johan is a shareholder, maybe he convinced other shitters that Paradox was setting trends blah blah we need to return to it blah blah
So far it sounds so good. Unreal even
>>
>>1757148
They can never give an answer to this that doesn't boil down to being the same as "muh purely socioeconomic factors."
The inevitable consequence of "centralization = good" would be communist states being by far the most successful and powerful.
>>1757264
Remind me what China looked like 50 years ago. Remind me what happened that caused China to grow to what it is today.
>>
File: dengpill.png (685 KB, 789x1563)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
>>1758298
A transition to a NEP-like system to build productive forces in China, to resounding success?
>>
>>1758298
People gave plenty of answers but you cant read. Its just a big country. Same way the USSR was the dominant power in Eastern Europe despite being completely dysfunctional.
>>
>Best example of an actual successful decentralized state is Switzerland, which has accomplished literally nothing other than not die
>>
>>1758298
The US is centralized. States rights is just a meme that repubs throw around when they get upsetti spaghetti over abortion. States rights hasn't been a serious thing since the south got burned to the ground over retaining the states rights to do slavery, and secondarily after they lost the states rights to segregate.
They can have states rights over little things, like how much tax they want to levy, but not big things like whether someone is a person or not.
>>
>project caesar will have a victorian era mod that's better then victoria 3
can't wait desu
>>
What if they're actually planning timeline extensions as DLC and the game won't be called EU5 because of that?
>>
>>1758348
Grand Strategy to end Grand Strategies...
>>
>>1758291
>EU is the flagship series of Paradox
Hasn't been for a while, I'll be honest. Hearts of Iron 4 has more average players than CK3, EU4 and Victoria 3 combined. (no Stellaris)

Worst case scenario - it breaks even, like Victoria 3 did and has about the same numbers.
>>
>>1758348
Generic Universal Map Game System
>>
>>1758180
>what is the catch?
The catch is that we won't have another decent game from them in 20 years.
>>
>>1756800
Johan will personally go to your house and impale you with his Big Black Pike.
>>
>>1758348
Universal Universalis
>>
>>1757231
>The French name refers to the Alemanni
That's not only a French thing but a Latin World thing. And that was because the Alemanni were the first Germanic tribe to have contact with the Romas, thus the name stuck and became a synonym for all Germans.
>>
>>1758386
Italy and Romania don't use it so it's not everyone
>>
>>1758348
Terra Universalis
>>
>>1758389
Huh? I guess you are right. So maybe it was more of a Western/Eastern Roman kind of thing, instead?
>>
>>1758321
A comparatively massive decrease in the central control of the state from the era of Mao Zedong, yes.
>>1758327
I wonder why they were so dysfunctional.
And why was their economy so much weaker? Purely because they just had worse land, right?
>>1758331
Yes, the US has gotten more centralized over time. But have you taken a look at the United States lately?
>>
>>1758361
Kek
>>
>>1758394
Well no because the Romans called it germania where the Italians and Greeks still call it that
Fr*nch decided to be different, maybe the Spanish decided to copy them I don't know
>>
>>1758386
>And that was because the Alemanni were the first Germanic tribe to have contact with the Romas
That's not true at all, the Romans never even mentioned the term Alemanni until the 3rd century. They encountered a number of other Germanic tribes centuries before that. They got the term Germani from the Celts and were using that much earlier.
>>
>>1757102
Magna Mundi
>>
What are the chances that Johan simply lost his mind and is just making things up?
Maybe he had too much sangria and is spending his time jacking off every time he gets praised for stuff he promises.
>>
File: Europe 1337.jpg (3.8 MB, 6637x4983)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
>>1756571
I am pretty sure this map is the one Paradox is using as basis for EU5. It has a similar level of atomization and also the same blobs in Hungary, Castile and Aragon as the maps Paradox has been releasing.
>>
>>1758419
Knowing his track record? About 120%
Funny seeing all these gullible anons in this thread thinking it's going to be anything but a broken mess (probably even more so than V3) though.
>>
>>1757204
>>1757207
Yeah, 100% meme. The reforged roman empire is a meme, kingdom of God is a meme, the huge Serenissima is a meme. Everyone wanted to be King of Italy
>>
>>1758396
>A comparatively massive decrease in the central control of the state from the era of Mao Zedong, yes.
Kek. China is still as unitary and centralized as ever.
>>
>>1758421
t. /gsg/er
>>
>>1758419
0%. Paradox is now a public company and he has investors to satisfy. He could be exaggerating in some things here and there but couldn't make outright lies without compromising his company.
If any, I think Imperator was a wake-up call for him to not waste time anymore and to start to get serious if he really wanted to accomplish something.
>>
>>1758424
gsggers are going to shift to pretending mana and other EU4 trappings were actually good
>>
I am kinda worried about the start date and the state of Italy, all those statelets seem very week and ready to be eaten by France or Spain or Austria. And how can small Venice grow and eat Verona without historical events?
>>
>>1756608
Poland has a decent amount of autonomy until the Revolt of 1830.
For example, Finland was also in Personal Union with the Tsar and they kept being relatively free because they never revolted.
>>
>>1758431
I think they already have considering their OP now features some copium about EU5 and how it'll never be good.
>>
>>1758433
Italy will be the epicentre of tall gameplay
>>
>>1758396
>decentralisation is when you have muh city states
>a-actually it's when you do state capitalism
Why are you moving the goalposts so much?
>>
>>1757352
>>1758433
All of you start date complainers should stop for a moment and consider that this isn't EU4?
You really think Johan isn't aware of the blob meme and how no one plays past 1600s? OBVIOUSLY if they are choosing a earlier start date they are thinking very carefully about anti-blobbing mechanism since they want colonialism, combat evolution and resurgence of imperialism to be a part of the game.
This couldn't even be any clearer than in the earlier game diary going over how control would be very difficult to raise for territories in the early game, with later buildings/tech introducing ways to increase it.
>>
>>1758433
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lega_antiscaligera
At game start, Venice should be the leader of an anti-Verona coalition that includes Florence, Milan, Ferrara, Mantua and the HRE emperor as members.
Technically they should already be at war at game start.
>>
>>1758433
t. Pope Julius II
>>
>>1758433
>they will all get eaten up by Spain, France and Austria after no longer being protected by the HRE
Spoiler alert, that's what actually happened in history
>>
>>1757212
The real devs were working on eu5, while the code monkeys and interns were putting out cheap eu4 dlc
>>
>>1758433
Italy should absolutely get a mechanic where they all fight like serpents in a bag but the second anyone tries to stick their hand in every single snake strikes out as one.
>>
>>1758433
North Italy was, technically, part of the HRE at that time, so declaring war on any of them would mean having to fight the Empire itself.
About Austria? Well, maybe they could blob in that region, but we have to remember the Habsburgs were not Emperor until some years after, so I don't know if they could declare war on their own.
>>
>>1757197
Have you seen all the shit the Pope built in Avignon and his French domains? And that was in a few years, let alone if the Papacy never returned to Rome.
>>
>>1758462
...except it did not.
>>
>>1758466
This
>>
>>1758466
It sounds like it'll be really easy to make things like that with the IO mechanic
>>
>>1756571
>>1758420
What's with the massive difference in Galicia-Volhynia's borders?
>>
>>1758502
>>1758420
I wouldn't give a map from deviantart this much credit, it's surely not 100% accurate and fully reliable
>>
>>1758433
MEIOU has the 'Italian System' that sometimes works and makes the Italian states unite against invaders and anyone growing too strong.
Wouldn't be hard to implement that in EU5, either.
>>
>>1758415
^this
Magna Mundi is the perfect name for the game
>>
>>1758442
Even if the blob problem is fixed it doesn't change the fact that if I want to play Portugal I'm spending the first hundred years sitting around doing jack shit instead of exploring the world in the game about the age of exploration. Imagine if Vicky started in 1776 and you had to wait 50 years to start building factories, it's retarded.
>>
>>1758480
literally the only parts that were not eaten were the pope and savoy
>>
File: 99% happiness.png (280 KB, 507x487)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>1758593
>Vicky started in 1776
>pre-revolutionary vicky game
Bros...
>>
>>1758600
Never ever, sadly.
>>
>>1758600
That was March of Eagles was for.
>>
>>1758606
Had some good ideas, like bringing a simulation of supply lines to an EU4 styled system, and the commander per wing interface was good too.
But ultimately it was doomed by having a time period that just wasn't that interactive and being left to hang.
You can't do HOI4 style meme ideologies and revolutionary countries in the Napoleonic age. And how Paradox simulates war, or how it avoids doing so, makes the fights themselves feel as bad as anywhere else despite being a wargame.

It was doomed from the start.
>>
>>1758606
I don't care about war, what I want is to play the absolute political clusterfuck that was the French Revolution.
>>
>>1758442
Honestly the anti-blobbing mechanics will arguably just make things even worse because the AI is going to be worse at dealing with them than a player. Think of how even major powers in EU4 often get stuck in debt spirals after one major war.

Also with the 1444 start there will always be at least a few strong countries to contest the player early on. Ottomans and France are the obvious ones but also Castile and Poland if they get their PUs, any of them have a large enough advantage to be a serious obstacle even after the player's initial blobbing. But in 1337 everyone starts out weak as shit, even China isn't unified. And since again, the player is going to be better at managing the anti-blobbing systems than the AI, it just means that e.g. AI France is going to get eclipsed even faster.

And moreover, what the fuck does the earlier start date even add? I can play as Bulgaria and a few more HRE princes now, yippee. In return I also have and extra hundred years of wait tacked on if I want to see stuff like the reformation or god forbid revolutions. There is absolutely no benefit and I can only imagine this as the result of the dark side of Johan's autism, the same bullshit that makes him ruin the map with "Frisian Freedom" and arbitrary inconsistencies between English names and local names. He probably has some particular obsession with the politics of 14th century Tecklenburg or some similar bullshit and doesn't care if he ruins the flow of the entire rest of the game by cramming it in.
>>
>>1758617
I don't think there's any reason not to let the AI cheat on those mechanics.
No one pretends that the AI is ever going to be a 'worthy opponent'.
>>
>>1758617
I think it's mainly Johan coming to believe that ultimately most players didn't like colonialism or care about the reformation, or anything like that.
Making that stuff just take longer to do wasn't a problem when extending the timeline means you have even more time to blob and invade your neighbors.

I generally agree that the timeline starts way too early.
EU4 is already at its limit of how far back it could have gone without getting into the problem of simulating politics and government types that the system can't really handle. I don't think EU5 is going to be shockingly different in that way, either.
>>
>>1758619
>We're lazy/refuse to pay talented people to make better AI
We know
>>
>>1758617
>And moreover, what the fuck does the earlier start date even add?
The year 1337 was when the Hundred Years' War started. That's basically the whole reason.
The other suspected date (outside 1444) was 1356, when the Imperial Golden Bull was signed and stabilized the HRE. But it seems Johan wanted to give the players a few years more to play.
>>
>>1758625
There is no one in the world that could make a good AI for a GSG.
Too many levers to pull, the only thing to do would just make the AI want to zerg rush the player to make them feel a sense of danger constantly. Which wouldn't be particularly interesting.
>>
>>1758629
You probably could, but good AI programmers won't be working in the video game industry, in first place.
>>
Do you think Paradox should continue to make every country playable and able to stand the test of time, no matter the initial situation or how irrilevant it is, like they have been doing since ever?
The most blatant example I can think of is EU4 byz. I'm not saying that playing and succeeding as them is bad, I'm just thinking that historically there have been several cases of nations that were screwed from the beginning and exploiting the game mechanics to save them from doom ruins the immersion a bit in my opinion
>>
>>1758637
EU/CK/HOI/etc wouldn't be half as popular as they were, if you couldn't take some doomed nation like Byzantium, Pagan Prussia, or Poland, respectively, and turn them into a world power.
>>
>>1758637
>and exploiting the game mechanics to save them from doom ruins the immersion a bit in my opinion
Then don't do it
>>
>>1758420
Don’t think so, there are a lot of random differences between this map and what we’ve seen from Paradox. Though I wouldn’t doubt someone on the team collected all the online 1337 maps and is trying to figure out what’s accurate or not
>>
>>1758624
>I think it's mainly Johan coming to believe that ultimately most players didn't like colonialism or care about the reformation, or anything like that.
Depends on game stats I guess. How many people play the easy colonisers, for example, is probably what they would base any such decision on. How many people who do play the easy colonisers "rush" colonial ideas? How many are pro-active in colonisation instead of letting their CNs do it? How many people who play not-so-easy colonisers go out of their way to try and colonise and so on? That all said
>>1758626
I think this is the main reason. The HYW allows for a shit ton more branching paths which could make blobbing more fun while satiating alternate starts enjoyers so it becomes a why not question especially if you feel your other systems make blobbing not the end goal itself.
>>
>>1758617
>In return I also have and extra hundred years of wait tacked on if I want to see stuff like the reformation or god forbid revolutions
This is the issue, you believe everything else beyond 2 buzzworthy things in the entire span of 500 years is "boring".
>100 year war? Yawn
>The Black Death, worst plague of all time? Snore
>The Avignon Papacy? Zzz
>Timurid Empire? drool
>Golden Bull of 1356? boooring
>Red Turban Rebellions? who cares
You get to see interesting historical events we never saw in EU4 and say "yawn just speed 5 for me please". I don't understand why everything HAS to be available in the first 5 minutes of gameplay.
>>
File: Countries.jpg (319 KB, 1657x1287)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/tinto-maps-2-17th-of-may-2024.1678273/
New maps just dropped.
>>
>>1758624
>most players didn't like colonialism
That was like the only 'fun' thing to do in EU, what we really need is a GOOD Nu world randomizer
>>
>>1758650
I think the why not, is how personal the politics were in Europe (the main place of focus) in that time period.
The HYW only makes sense in light of specific personalities involved in it, as would certain events in Castile and Aragon after game-start, or in the HRE.
EU's traditionally abstract diplomatic system can't really replicate that.
>>
>>1758653
>Morocco
Ahistorical bs.
>>
I can't wait to learn modding for this game, so I can replace every turkish pops with anthro wolves.
>>
File: Iberia.png (236 KB, 2500x2072)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>1758653
I just hate the blobs they are doing in Iberia. The kingdoms there were nowhere as united as they are being portrayed.
If France is being separated in duchies and counties, so the Iberian realms should be, as well.
>>
>>1758674
>"those kebaballs look heavy, my padishah. let me help!"
>>
>>1758683
Nghh sexo
>>
>>1758653
wtf is the medieamerus resource in Portugal?
>>
>>1758694
Think its supposed to say medicaments but just squashed
>>
>>1758679
The polities in France don't represent just major landowners but entities and leaders who were military and foreign policy magnates in their own right. Something like the Duke of Alenco raiding and despoiling the Burgundians and dealing with the English in a known official capacity would never fly for any of the Iberian magnates. Even "royal" lands had major landowners but there's a large difference between that and being a titled magnate.
>>
>>1758700
>>1758679
Sounds like there'll be a special system to represent the Crowns of the Iberian kingdom anyway.
>>
File: Pops.jpg (415 KB, 1688x1283)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
They really need to add colors to the pop map mode.
>>
>>1758653
How would you even play as Andorra lmao?
>>
>>1758712
You'll just have to find out, won't you? The diplomacy diary will show you.
>>
File: Locations.jpg (516 KB, 1686x1286)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
>>1758653
>>
toy soldiers confirmed
>>
>>1758720
Jesus Christ! I hope they finally fixed their war system or sieging all occupy all these provinces its going to be pure cancer.
>>
>>1758724
Disgusting and disappointing. I got over my toysoldier phase when I was 10, why can't Paradox do the same? Should've just had fronts like Victoria 3, now that's a real man's game.
>>
File: 58.png (105 KB, 1093x432)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>1758710
>>
>>1758724
Can't see shit, anon.
>>
>>1758736
>gazillion of indians
Superpower by 1357, sirs!
>>
>>1758733
It will be province based like Imperator.
>>
EU4 map looks better, wish they would stop with the overprocessed watercolor look
>>
>>1758758
Nah the map will look much better when they show the actual 3d mode.
>>
>>1758763
CK3 map looks the same as this on release, and it looks worse than CK2 and EU4. 3D terrain is pretty much fluff for a map game, it could be totally flat like Vicky2 and I wouldnt mind at all
>>
>>1758595
both were eaten aswell, just that they kept getting released and reoccupied
>>
>>1758769
Victoria 3 has the greatest map hands down. I can play the game and just gaze at the beautiful map.
>>
File: 1697082401776505.jpg (382 KB, 1657x1300)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
Hermanos castellanos... ¡Hoy comemos bien!
>>
>>1758775
>Victoria 3 has the greatest map hands down. I can play the game and just gaze at the beautiful map.
Dumbest thing I've heard today
>>
>>1758777
>old catalonia and new catalonia
>old catalonia wiki page is so obscure its just filled with commie propaganda
>>
File: Meseta.jpg (1.82 MB, 1600x1200)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>1758777
CASTILLA, MI HOGAR
>>
>>1758595
>Tuscany
>Venice
Naples managed to remain independent. Tuscany and Venice hold out until the napoleonic wars and after those Tuscany was still independent albeit under AH thumb (not for long). No power held the entirety of the peninsula and no power managed to consolidate its italian domains.
>>
File: 1715831385622035.jpg (40 KB, 736x826)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1758777
>Palencia
>>
>>1758777
>>1758786
Johan is drunk all day and Tinto catacucks and feeding him propaganda. Expect the super-OP Catalonian mission tree and unique Catalonian bonuses at game release.
>>
>>1758795
Kinda based
>>
File: Catalunya Vella.jpg (89 KB, 484x480)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>1758786
Old Catalonia (or Catalunya Vella) is basically the part of Catalonia that was never conquered by the moors, aka the northern part of actual Catalonia.
>>
>>1758803
>eastern side of llobregat mudslime-free
phew... glad I'm not a moorish tarragonian untermensch
>>
>>1758777
Me parece más una merienda de negros.
>>
File: Cultures.jpg (416 KB, 1701x1286)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>MOORtugal
>>
>>1758777
>that state density
couldn't imagine not being castilian or andalusian
totally cucked LMAO
>>
>>1758811
>Asturleonese
lol Asturians and Leoneses gonna freak
>>
>>1758811
Were there actually pockets of "Andalusi" culture that far north by 1337?
>>
>>1758811
How come Castile has so few Andalusian compared to the rest?
>>
>>1758735
>not liking toy soldiers
Well aren't you a pansy.
Toy soldiers are the preferred form of enjoyment for distinguished gentlemen.
>>
>>1756651
dont worry it willl be 300€ in a few years and 40 dlc when its finally playable
>>
>>1758831
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mud%C3%A9jar_revolt_of_1264%E2%80%931266
>>
This game gives me serious blue balls, having to wait more than year to play it will feel like shit.
>>
File: 1710072754828033.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1281)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>1758735
>I got over my toysoldier phase when I was 10, why can't Paradox do the same?
>When countries still use toy soldiers to do wargaming and simulations, like with the pentagon doing scenarios were we lose a future WW3
Someday you'll actually grow up and realize you were childish for pretending to be mature.
>>
File: bbc.jpg (24 KB, 529x580)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1758831
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKRkAEjjhpE
>>
>>1757511
WTF I LOVE JOHAN SO MUCH I WILL KISS HIS FEET IF HE ACTUALLY DELIVERS
>>
>>1758811
Why is there a 100% Andalusi spot in southern Aragon?
>>
>>1758835
That's barely a fifth of my monthly wage
Fuck it, I'm buying it and all DLCs on day one
>>
>>1758811
I'm very curious about how culture is going to work. Sense they aren't grouped by colours could we assume that the Gascon cuture will have the same opinion bonus with the French culture and the Basque culture or are culture groupings like "Iberian" still a thing?
>>
>>1758853
I hope they go for something more granular rather than the usual accepted/unaccepted.
For example people in Languedoc are very close to northwestern italians and catalonians, at the same time they are close to northern french too. In EU4 they are grouped together with the french while latins and iberians are a totally different cultural families, if you play France and subjugate Piedmont is like subjugating land in Indonesia, which is bullshit of course
>>
File: mapa_moriscos.jpg (65 KB, 400x358)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1758828
Yeah, there were some northern Moors until the expulsion in the 1600s
>>
>>1758847
It was a pretty low population area around the town of Buñol that was surrounded by a ton of Muslims until they were told to leave
>>
>>1758873
>until they were told to leave
Christfags were pretty brutal, since pops are an actual thing wonder if things like the ethnic genocide of the Andalusian people in Iberia will happen or if that's a bit too far for Paradox
>>
>>1758875
>if that's a bit too far for Paradox
We have had decisions like that in other Paradox games. That's not exactly new.
>>
>>1758879
Not in Victoria 3, the latest entry
>>
>>1758879
New Paradox refuses that kind of stuff in all their newest game. Look at HOI4 a ww2 sim that excludes the main event that defined ww2 in history, the Holocaust.
>>
>>1758875
>deportations are "brutal"
They were invaders and colonizers, the penninsula wasn't their place. No one complained when german settlers were driven out of the previously nazi occupied territories of eastern Europe.
>>
>>1758883
But yes in EU4
>>
>>1758886
>They were invaders and colonizers, the penninsula wasn't their place
Thats ignoring the fact that they lived there for centuries when they were kicked out of their homes, the people and their generation of family have only known that place as home. The place they were deported to was just as foreign to them as it was to the Spanish
>No one complained when german settlers were driven out of the previously nazi occupied territories of eastern Europe.
Thats because they were actively killing the people already living there, the Nazis weren't there for generations but a few years or even months. The "Germans" that lived in eastern Europe prior to the Nazi's barely qualified as German, places like Riga were only larp-German.
>>
>>1758891
>settling in stolen christian land has consequences
Too bad
>>
>>1758891
>brown people good and valid german people bad and fake
deranged trannoid
>>
>>1758875
>Christfags were pretty brutal
Arab leaders were as brutal, if not more. The Umayyads were more or less decent, but the following dynasties were brutal as fuck. Not even other muslims (the not-arabs) liked them and even prefered to live under Christian rule.
But yeah, the late Christian rulers had an everything-or-nothing kind of mentality, so they didn't really want to see muslims in their lands.
>>
File: iberia.png (139 KB, 1571x1033)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>1758679
The way it worked in Iberia was much different to France and much of the rest of Europe
>>
File: tus9fx4lrz0d2.png (3.71 MB, 2350x1443)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB PNG
Map.
>>
>>1758906
I mean it makes sense, the iberian kingdoms grew from the north to the south with the majority of the new land conquered going to the crowns.
Meanwhile france and germany was full of various vassals that held their land for many generations and territories that were owned by the church.
>>
>>1758909
based autists
>>
>>1758847
It's striped, so more like 75% Andalusi
>>
>>1758906
>Iberian feudal lords were much less powerful compared to their kings than the French ones.
But that's not true. All of the iberian kingdoms had parliaments with effective powers and you had to take an oath in front of them before being named king.
And in some extreme cases, they could depose you if you were a bad ruler. Like in the first Catalan Civil War.
>>
>>1758928
yes will be represented by the estates not individual tags on the map
>>
>>1758794
The province of Toro once again forgotten
>>
>>1758777
At least they made it easy to conquer Poortugal.
>>
>>1758937
Have you seen portugal's pops?
>>
>>1758909
I bet the next region is Britain.
>>
>>1758909
Europe is almost revealed full.
>>
>>1758928
I think that the sense is that the nobility of Iberia were still more integrated, although they still had power.
>>
>>1758943
YES PLEAAAASE SHOW ME THE BIG RED BLOB AND BIG YELLOW BLOB NEXT I'M GOING INSADE PARADOGSSSSSSSSSS
ALSO ALL THE IRRELEVANT OPMS IN POTATOLAND AAAAAAAHHH IM CUMMINGGGGG
>>
>>1758949
This but unironically.
>>
>>1758660
It's the shortened name, it's actually the Marinid Sultanate of Morocco in-game. They took Algeciras in 1329 and then the rest of that territory a bit before the start date
>>
>>1758949
Ireland should be wilderness without any tags, because the tribes that lived there in this time were so primitive and disorganized that they are genuinely on the level of the Africans or American Indians.
>>
>>1758956
Seething Saxshart.
>>
>>1758943
It's France.
>>
>>1758959
He said in English
>>
>>1758956
The Irish were so advanced they even had monks travelling to Iceland to civilize the people there.
If any the Anglos were the savages, raiding the towns and monasteries there.
>>
>>1758943
France is next.
>>
>>1758961
Which is 50% French
>>
>>1758961
a german/french hybrid language forced on you by your superiors
>>
>>1758966
meanwhile irish is a dead language and 100% of the population uses English :)
>>
>>1758968
Can you speak your native language though, britoid?
>>
>>1758970
yeah, English is the language most civilized people speak lmao
>>
>>1758970
I'm not even British, I despise all the anglofilth ruining EVROPA for centuries. But you irish niggers are legit the same people as anglos but you keep on seething. You are just a step above Ukraine, since you actually have some history
>>
>>1758974
moving goalposts huh britcuck? must hurt having to preted the langauge guys from over the see have raped into your ancestors over generations is your native one lol
>>
>>1758979
lmao. my ancestors killed britoids and irish tards all the same. eat shit and learn English.
>>
>>1758963
Oh oh how do we respond britishsisters?
>>
>>1758984
>my ancestors killed britoids and irish tards all the same
if thats true you should realize that english is the language for cattle
>eat shit and learn English
no need I live in a first world country
>>
>>1758961
>He said in American English
FTFY
>>
>>1759015
But Hengist and Horsa are the origin of our people and government
>>
About what the DD was talking about, I expect that someone is going to do a mod to use it for the Collegial Imperial System, that was composed of councils divided by areas.

As you know better than me, the so called Spanish Empire was a collection of crowns and duchies and other entities that shared a King, had an enormous influence from Madrid, but all those entities retained their prerogatives, laws, etc...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Italy
>>
File: file.png (517 KB, 558x424)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
>>1759019
>muh founding myth
Shut up you slime, every aspect of your modern life has been influenced by America. Now silence that filthy mouth of yours with a burger and pledge your allegiance to our unholy empire.
>>
>>1759027
>Americans still think they are the main characters in 2024
lmao, there is no paradox game where the USA has substantial content. Even in hoi4 they have a shitty years old focus tree that is outdone by Ethiopia, or in Stellaris America is just a crater and slums in comparison to the Africans who unified the world and formed the UNE.
>>
>>1759034
>in Stellaris America is just a crater
Northern Canada
>>
>>1759039
Specifically Alberta, but its still a part of America because Canada is going to eventually be annexed by them anyways and it happens in nearly all sci-fi and future scenarios.
>>
>>1758735
or more like real time battles in ultimate general style
>>
>>1759027
anon that's part of our founding myth. Thomas Jefferson wanted it on the seal of the United States. We derive OUR government from Saxon law.
>>
>>1758710
That's what, a couple million people just in Iberia alone? Isn't that a tad bit too much for 1337?
>>
>>1759071
9m is about right, keep in mind this is right before the black death.
>>
Will this be Johan's magnum opus and last game?
>>
>>1759077
You're polish, dude, stop larping as a brit.
>>
>>1759071
>>1759078
Also before the mass migration to the New World.
>>
>>1759101
Why do you even reply to that shit bait
>>
>>1758421
All good Paradox games release as broken, buggy messes.

Only bad Paradox games like CK3 or Vic3 have smooth launches.
>>
>>1758653
>>1758811
portugal is going to be so absurdly strong in this game, it's basically eu4 portugal but with a bit of muzzies
if you play as them you'll be in america by the 1380s
>>
>>1759099
He's still quite young, zoomie
>>
>>1759109
Doubt it. Let's see naval tech.
>>
File: 20240517165615_1.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>1758883
>
>>
>>1759114
Damn you're right, I thought he was like 58 or something
>>
>>1758885
Old HoI games didn't have the holocaust either.
>>
File: Markets.jpg (274 KB, 1683x1292)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
You know, with the markets being kind of in-depth and dynamic, I wonder how the game is going to handle the Asian trade network, especially stuff like Japanese and Chinese trading settlements in the Philippines and the like.
>>
>>1758949
Iberia is also just a Big Blue/Yellow/Red Blob. The point of these map closeups is to see what the provinces look like and their climate/trade goods, if you just want to know the countries we've already seen that for all of Europe at this point.
>>
>>1759121
Hopefully it doesn't end up with the same end node system,
>>
>>1758720
Can't wait to do an Iberia run and rename all the Arabic/Arabicized placenames. Like seriously Iberianbros, why didn't you all finish the job? So many places that could just get their older names back
>>
>>1759138
I'd say there should be no end node in the sense of no trade power going to another market period, but there should still be decisions to prohibit or severely limit trading with certain markets like what the Ottomans did historically.
>>
>>1759102
ugh..
what could have been, me bonny lads...
>>
>>1759157
How did Anglos get away with this?
>>
>>1759163
Anglos are masters at whitewashing themselves while blackwashing others.
>>
>>1759163
Even crazier is that there are more Irish that live on Great Britain (the island) than on Ireland.
>>
>>1758710
>Granada 176k pops
>Barcelona 133k pops
>Sevilla 117k pops
Huh, never knew Granada was that populated.
>>
>>1759138
They said that markets will trade with each other so a good will go from market A to market B to Market C so long as it is profitable to sell from one market to the other.
All these goods get consumed by the market along the way so I imagine the system is going to need tweaking to make sure things like the silk road actually manifest. Things like this are only possible because goods are stockpiled.
>>
>>1759133
No m8 only be a smoking crater in central Europe
>>
>>1759109
Why are you so confident talking about things you have no information on?
>>
Military orders confirmed and probably with a much more interesting mechanic than in eu4.
>>
>>1759210
Vgh I can't wait to fund my jesuit glowies as the king of all spains
>>
>>1759163
we did everyone a favour killing these white niggers
>>
File: Raw%20Goods.jpg (487 KB, 1673x1293)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
goods map
Only weird thing I see is
>spices
Might not be a point in finding the spice islands if you have them right here, and it's all just one "spices"
Someone on the forums pointed out that livestock is blue and fish is yellow and I can't unsee it
>>
>>1759223
Wheat being green is another weird one
>>
>>1759223
>Porto region
>Famous for it's Port Wine
>Produces lumber, not wine
Johan-sama, I will not kneel until you fix this mistake
Unless, of course, there is a system for changing the vegetation and goods produced in a location
>>
>>1759223
The spices there are accurate. Iberia was especially well-known for exporting saffron during the Middle Ages, especially that northern location in Granada around Baza.
The sheer quantity of spice production possible on the spice islands will probably be enough of a reason to find and monopolize them so those 4 Iberian locations wouldn't matter I'd imagine. Probably like 20 times the spice tiles over there.
>>
>>1759210
They're probably one of those off-map countries Johan mentioned before.
>>
>>1759223
>Medicaments(?)
What's this supposed to be?
>>
>>1759106
>vic3 launch
>smooth
lulz
>>
>>1759312
Probably just ESL for medicine.
Medicamento = Medicine in both spanish and portuguese
>>
>>1759312
>>1759319
medicament
noun
a substance used for medical treatment.
>>
>>1759312
Medicinal herbs, oils, salves, balms, etc.
>>
>>1759223
>no frog legs and crickets
how will the french cope?
>>
>>1759319
Lol, thirdie ESL nonce masquerading as brit
>>
>>1759319
bloody kekking at you mate. kekking bloodily!
>>
>>1758909
Looks like they are changing the map style over time, no more thick borders, lighter coastlines. Which is nice because the western med looks better than the eastern med imo.
>>
>>1758909
Icelandbros...
>>
File: 1716033247629.png (142 KB, 438x618)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>
>>1759577
>Institution Growth
It's ogre...
>>
File: 1714493429591226 (1).jpg (22 KB, 558x549)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>1759577
>>
>>1759577
Cultural influence is interesting, wonder what it means in practice. Culture assimilation?
Pop promotion speed is hilarious, straight up copying Victoria mechanics.
Wonder how literacy will interact with tech and institutions.
Institutions themselves aren't a terrible idea, significant changes in society that lead to changes in mechanics could be gamified as institutions. We have to hope it's not just a "tech" limiter like in EU4.
>>
>>1759635
>Pop promotion speed is hilarious, straight up copying Victoria mechanics.
It's from Imperator
>>
>>1759642
I don't think Imperator was made before Victoria 2
>>
>>1759642
never played Imperator, is that a bad mechanic or something
>>
>>1759644
Victoria 2 did not have a bonus to "promotion speed", it was based on chance. Imperator did, and pops are promoting and demoting constantly unless they reach equilibrium, pop promotion speed accelerated the process
>>1759645
I think it means pops will promote and demote to reach a certain strata equilibrium like in Imperator. It's less complex than vitoria 2 but it works better imo, in Victoria 2 it was just astruse and it worked quite fast so you didnt notice.
>>
>>1759655
dude I just asked a question, calm your chins
>>
>>1756740
>Tito's ancestor was the king of translvania
Are croats just the natural rulers of the western balkans?
>>1756571
Can't wait to buy the base game and pirate every dlc, hoping they don't focus on meme "mission tree 184729.e+42748 for the byzantine larp" and instead add more fun army and governorship decisions, i liked the 3d province interface in eu III or rome total war for example, though they could meme this as a main selling point which would be a mistake.
>>
>>1759671
Yeah sorry dude I have a lot of atuff on my mind, I deleted and re-wrote
>>
>>1758720
I've been seeing a lot of people ask for Couto Misto as a location. Now obviously Paradox won't do that, but how long until we see a game where every village/town/city is its own location? EU7 in like 30 years?
>>
>>1759683
>Are croats just the natural rulers of the western balkans?
Proximity to Italy and being a maritime culture with connections to other regions by trade will do that
>>
File: Reworked Cultures.jpg (261 KB, 978x1067)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
they've updated the culture and terrain maps for the low countries
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/tinto-maps-1-feedback.1679206/
>>
>>1759683
>Are croats just the natural rulers of the western balkans?
lmao, those cucks aren't even the rulers of their own land now. I think they spent the west majority of their existence being ruled by someone else. They should just submit to Hungary again.
>>
>>1759917
Didn't expect to see this so soon. That Lower Franconian, Westphalian Saxon, and Frisian makeup is looking much better
>>
What's with all these made up cultures?
What's wrong with Dutch, French, German
>>
>>1759966
Made up spooks by nation states to convince illiterate townfolks they should die fighting against their neighbors simply because they're separate by a border (or alternatively to kill guys just as foreign to them as their countrymen)
>>
>>1759966
t. american
>>
>>1760001
No one ever identified as a "Ripaurian Franconian" and you will not convince me otherwise
>>
>>1760005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlZNpPunn7Y
This is the quintessential Ripuarian man
>>
>>1760005
so everyone should just be "deutsch"?
>>
File: 800px-Map_of_Franconia.png (684 KB, 800x1092)
684 KB
684 KB PNG
>>1759917
Are they retarded? I just did a quick look at wikipedia and it clearly shows Franconia is nowhere near the Netherlands, what did they mean by this?
>>
>>1760042
>>1760001
>>
>>1760042
Are you 12 retarded?
>>
File: 1595755859568.jpg (69 KB, 463x453)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>1760042
>>
>>1760042
Look at where Saxony is if you want a shock.
>>
>>1760042
Welcome to the HRE. Where the Franks aren't in Franconia, the Saxons aren't in Saxony, the High Germans are at the bottom of the map and the Low Germans at the top, the King of the Germans isn't German, and the Luxembourgs are in Prague.
>>
>>1760068
The Low and High thing at least makes sense based on altitude.
>>
>>1760068
Place names used to love migrating back then.
Look at Burgundy. By the end of the name's relevance it was most associated with the Flemish/Walloon Netherlands, despite the name first describing a region on the Western side of the French Alps.
>>
>>1759580
How should institutions propagate? It's either this or increasing rng chances (like inventions in Victoria 2).
>>
>>1759917
now we need mechanics to gaslight these cultures to form a uniform German culture in the age of nationalism, kino
>>
I took a shit so big and thick it fell into the water with a grave "blomp"
>>
>>1760042
Lower franconian =/= lower franconia
One is a term for a linguistic family in around the Netherlands, the other is a administrative district in the kingdom of Bavaria. The later encompasses part of the east franconian dialect, specifically the lower east franconian one.
>>
>>1760042
I hope one day mutts will build their own version of the great firewall and keep americans separated from the rest of the civilized internet
>>
>>1760005
For that area at least, before dutch independence and nationhood, there really were no solid borders between one culture and the next, it was very much a cultural continuum. Splitting it up by dialect then is the next best thing I suppose, although while I as someone from there appreciate the autism, for gameplay purposes they should probably not go too atomic and maybe merge riparian and Mosel franconian Back into just rhenish
>>
File: PopulationMap_Gradient.jpg (1.19 MB, 2000x1277)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
babe wake up new autism just dropped
>>
>>1760068
>>1760154
Except Bavarians. Those fuckers loved their homeland so much they never migrated.
>>
>>1760557
bavarians came from bohemia region
>>
>>1760566
Yeah, but that was way back during the German migrations, basically pre-Carolingian times.
Once they established themselves in Bavaria, they never moved.
>>
>>1760544
is it going to be fixed scaling like on the right?
In vicky it's just red is biggest province in the world, would probably give us a more usable gradient
>>
>>1760574
they have the color gradient only work at country level, on world level china and india fuck the scale up
>>
>>1760574
That's not an official map. That's someone's autism and photoshop
>>
>>1760005
See >>1760557
Bavarians actually identify as Bavarians. They are Bavarians first, Germans second.
>>
>americans can't tell the difference between nationality and culture
You can't make this shit up.
>>
what do you expect? they have no culture only nationality
>>
>>1759917
There better be some mechanic for Lower Franconian to change names to Dutch otherwise this is retarded. I don't want to have Lower Franconian merchants sailing the seas in 1673.
>>
>>1760861
Maybe if you form the Netherlands it starts to convert the culture to Dutch over time?
>>
>>1760861
Dutch is a social construct
>>
>>1760861
You'll likely just need to form a united Netherlands for that
>>
>>1760866
Sounds gay
>>
>>1760861
During the reformation, if Protestant pops are above a certain threshold of rebelliousness, they split into Dutch while the Catholic pops become Flemish.
>>
>abandoning christ and worshiping satan turns you into dutch
Unbelievably based.
>>
>>1761155
historically accurate
>>
File: 1625779637_HRRmeme.jpg (253 KB, 1237x760)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>1756571
HRR brudis...unsere Zeit ist nun.
>>
>>1756779
If napoleon and nationalism is in germany is in.
>>
>>1757025
Honestly if this isn't a too good to be true situation and EU5 is actually as good as it looks we could easily just mod in a vic2 successor mod.
>>
Bump
>>
>>1759242
There is wine in the deuro valley on the map. Port wine wasn't a large thing until the 1700s
>>
>>1762386
nigga this thread already hit the bump limit like 100 posts ago
>>
>>1762436
BUMP
>>
>>1762452
bump again, i dare you i double dare you muhfugga
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.13 MB, 2316x3088)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>1762629
bDid you expect a bump? Surprise, it's me, Johan!
>>
just gonna leave this BUMP

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.