[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wg/ - Wallpapers/General

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 6144 KB.
  • Images smaller than 480x600 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 108 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DSC03281.jpg (789 KB, 2560x1707)
789 KB
789 KB JPG
I just walked in on him crying alone in the living room, talking about giving away his dogs because he "can't take care of them the way they need". He's scheduling a double foot amputation from two diabetic ulcers today with the help of his caretaker. He went blind in December from giant temporal arteritis, an unlikely complication of diabetes for a man almost 60 years old. After an ultrasound last week, they told him his kidneys are failing too.

If you guys have any advice, please let me know. I don't know how to help him find peace.

also: concrete, trains, adventure, nord-theme, asceticism, piousness

:"[
>>
File: 1650394697689.jpg (205 KB, 1024x1536)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>
File: 1651485866036.jpg (3.75 MB, 6240x4160)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB JPG
>>
File: MG_2258-scaled.jpg (311 KB, 2560x1707)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>
File: 1389646469821.jpg (867 KB, 2560x1600)
867 KB
867 KB JPG
>>
File: 1660320597613597.jpg (3.63 MB, 3984x2241)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
>>
>>7927778
What caused his diabetes?
>>
File: 1644067481560.jpg (533 KB, 2048x1366)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
>>7927787
Type 1 is all genetics so far as I know. It was onset in his late teens. Grandpa had type 1 too. Been taking insulin multiple times a day since then. Later sets in the neuropathy and other issues.
>>
>diabetes advice

idk, keep a close eye on his glucose levels, i guess
>>
File: Railway Tunnel.jpg (967 KB, 4000x1460)
967 KB
967 KB JPG
>>
>>7927778
Jesus fuck dude. What is wrong with you people? This is a fucking computer wallpaper image board. It's not a morgue.
>>
>>7927809
I will never understand why people come to a wallpaper board for advice instead of /adv/ but whatever.
>>
>>7927809
fuck you ! a lot !
>>7927814
at least you arent rude about it, so i just hope you will never have to understand why.

what is wrong with people is a fucked up society full off assholes like >>7927809 ! so people don't know where and when and to whom they can talk about how they feel ! you wanna understand OP ? well, most normal people will end up understanding, when they witness a loved one facing death.

>>7927778
OP. im sorry i dont have any wisdom or deep advice, the reality is we are all "naked" facing this! basically, just tell him what he wanna hear, lie to him to comfort him. that's the burden we have to carry i guess.
i also dont really have wallpapers, this one is just something i googled... but the quote is something that marked me... it might give you some comfort i hope. stay strong.
(ok turns out i cant upload pics )
(the quote is : “Life is not the opposite of death. The opposite of death is birth. Life is eternal” )
>>
>>7927829
bro stfu. Different boards exist for a reason.
>>
>>7927829
I normally tell faggots whining about their gf to fuck off to /adv/ but I'm not about to do that to someone whose father is dying so it's whatever i guess
>>
File: 654r321.jpg (512 KB, 3072x2042)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>>
File: BeautifulWalkwayBridge.png (5.15 MB, 1920x1200)
5.15 MB
5.15 MB PNG
>>7927778
Read to him.
>>
>>7927778
>>
File: 71yGOMWH4IL.jpg (186 KB, 1391x2106)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
Perhaps you can read him this. It might help bring some peace to both you and your father.
>>
File: death.png (1.96 MB, 1354x898)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
Be there for him. Ask questions and actually listen to his answers. Try to make sure he goes knowing you love him as much as he loves you.
>>
File: 1643007757463.jpg (2.09 MB, 3840x2160)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>7927778
My sincerest condolences anon. I lost my father in 2018 rather suddenly, although his lifestyle of substance abuse never really seemed destined for true longevity, but I thought he would make it past 65. You're there for him and hopefully that's enough. That's all anyone can really ask for. When my dad went man, it was like for the first time in my life I thought of "love" as a quantity. All the good, lol though often dysfunctional, memories growing up - the force that ignites life itself - love. His love made you and you are there for him. There's something beautiful about that. I wish you strength, and the mental clarity to get through this. Losing my father suddenly fucking broke a part of me, I hope that doesn't happen to you.
>>
>>7927778
That's awful, my advice is to do things before they need to be done. My father had a rare type of MS around that age - lost his ability to walk, move, talk, see until he lost his ability to eat without choking to death. Took about 7 or so years.

So, go reach out to places that are no kill for the dogs, reach out to friends, etc. Do it now because it'll only get worse and it'll bring him peace. Likewise if he's still married - find a way to take care of your mom or get things squared away.

For debts, divvy into
>Don't even bother, try to collect debt from a dead man lmao
and
>Yeah, this will haunt your mom or something
I'd totally recommend him opening as many cards as possible and just spending it like crazy. If he needs to go into any sort of long term care, it'll be expensive as fuck and you'll need to exhaust all your assets for it to be state option in the US.

Finally, just keep in touch with him. He's never died before and it's all a new, stressful experience to him.
>>
>>7927829
next time take it to /adv/ where it belongs instead of clumsily trying to disguise it with a broad, catch-all wallpaper request. /wg/ is not your agony aunt and you're bumming everyone out.
>>
My dad had the beginning stages of diabetes and he took Cinnamon pills (you can buy them at really any place that sells natural vitamins/pills) to keep his blood sugar down. It seemed to work and now he doesn't really have any issues regarding that.
>>
>>7927778
if your pocket book can afford it, take him out. Show him the beauty that's left in the world. Plan a trip, go to Italy or Spain, the ocean. The Carribean. Drink and smoke cigars and weed and go listen to live music together. You don't need sight to appreciate all these things. Just take him on his adventures. And I'd say move in with him or have him move in with you and keep those damn dogs!
>>
File: 1644173866521.jpg (189 KB, 1500x1500)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>
File: 1443307858194.jpg (276 KB, 1600x900)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>7927778

Unironically, a great breath of helium.
Plus, he will live on through you.
>>
>>7927836
>>7927814
/w/, /wg/ and /wsg/ have this certain culture of people coming in to vent or ask for advice while sharing stuff they like, you people are just retarded, skip the thread if you don't like it or get the fuck out of the board entirely for all I care
>>
>>7927778
just spend as much time as you can with him. It will help him feel like he'[s not alone. When my friend was battling stage 4 colon cancer I told him that if cancer was a real thing that we could physically fight id walk through hell with him to fight that fight. I buried him 2 months later but we had a lot of laughs before he left. ( I snuck him out of the hospital and went for one last ride in his hellcat LOL. hit 141 and didnt get caught)
>>
>>7928660
Faggots like you and OP were chased out of 4chan back in the day. Go cry if you don't like people calling you two out on your bullshit.
>>
>>7927778
convey to him that he left a good legacy. that's a common dying old men want to hear. not being callous but i've worked at a nursing home for a few years so its common for me to be around old people dying. they just want their family around to give them the sense that they left a good legacy behind, and made the world a better place. Its the most sad when they don't have any family that can be bothered to come visit them on their death bed, so I usually just sit and talk with them when I can, trying to gently convince them that the world is a better place now than the one they were born into.
I guess try to whitepill yourself on the state of the world first or you won't be able to convince him of that.
>>
>>7928658
this, i wish older generations recognized their option to die with dignity.
>>
It might be too late with the kidneys failing... but the only way out of type 2 diabetes is fasting combined with keto. You can fully reverse diabetes.

Go to YouTube and look up Jason Fung. He's the real deal and helps people reverse diabetes. If the kidneys are failing and he's already getting feet amputated, he has NOTHING TO LOSE, so may as well give this guy's advice a try. It's free. Keto and fasting. Get him on it.
>>
>>7927778
>16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and onlye Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. 18Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
>>
File: 1602392346600.jpg (1.07 MB, 2048x1366)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>7927778
Never forget him
That's the best advice I can offer
>>
>>7927778
sorry OP, lost my father to complications of diabetes and addictions. amputations, endless multitudes of hospital visits.

its not easy. and youre gonna feel like dogshit. just remember the good times and try to be with him in his last days to comfort him. it does get better, but youve just begun. so, best of luck man. keep your head up.
>>
I hope everything ended well. If not, ngl its a really bad scenario you described.
I lost my mom, who also had diabetes, in January, 5 days before my birthday. She had several other health problems and fought for her life in the ICU for a week before passing away. The worst thing was that I never had an opportunity to talk to her during this process, considering she was in a coma and isolated for having been contaminated with Covid at the hospital.
That hit me hard, OP. I went to hell, and I am still coming back. If you can still reach out for your dad, my advice is that you should talk to him, say that you love him, thank him for everything, and let him know he will be missed.
Also, prepare yourself for the moment of his departure and organize things in advance as much as you can. You see, when the thing finally happens, you probably won't be able to deal with bureaucracies and funeral responsibilities. Finally, find yourself a therapist if necessary. My mourning could easily have led me to suicide if it wasn't for therapy.
>>
>>7928648
Isn't cinnamon bad for your liver?
>>
>>7927778
I lost my brother in 2021. We were close growing up, but as adults we truly became best friends.

It's become a habit of mine to catalogue ideas, jokes, experiences, and share them with him every time we hangout - and I didn't realize it until his passing that I have this habit coz I caught myself doing exactly this only to realize that he won't be there to listen.

Towards the end, we were both looking into Jungian psychology, the Jungian idea of self, how what we see and think we are is mostly the persona - just the tip of who we truly are

and that eventually got us to begin to consider the possibility that maybe us individuals could be just projections of something much bigger...perhaps beyond our human understanding.

this was not a conversion or an adoption of a new faith. It was merely considering new ideas and perspectives and playing with different mindsets/thinking hats

I know it helped my brother (and myself too) a little. But then again he's always had this slight intellectual bend - so this worked for us

If your dad is like my brother, with roughly the same intellectual bend, this could perhaps help

all the best anon, I wish you both peace and strength
>>
>>7927790
Check out jeffie bear on YouTube dudes a vandweller but had to have a type 1 disabilities double amp like your dad. Perhaps you guys can find some inspiration.
>>
>>7928638
The power of Christ compels you
>>
>>7927778
>kidneys failing
ask him if he had a healthy water intake in his life
>>
>>7927778
>>>/adv/
>>
>>7929862
fuck off reddit
>>
>>7927778
Romans 10:9-10
Romans 10:10
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
>>
first thing first
have sex
make a girl pregnant then show him the baby
seeing your son become a dad is the best feeling
>>
>>7927809
>>7927814
people come to 4chan in search of community, typically because they either cannot find one irl or they dont feel able or wanting to be apart of the ones they find. each board on here is like a mini community you can make a few clicks and feel like a part in

at the end of the day when people are under any kind of stress they usually lean towards their community for support or validation or something similar

have you asked yourselves why is it that you feel unable to relate to other people and be empathetic? maybe figure out how and why that happened or youll never find anything resmebling happiniess
>>
Be with your dad. Tell him you love him. Tell him he did good by you.
>>
>>7930130
you're wasting time and energy trying to explain what it means to be human to these neckbeard basement goblins who see themselves as hardcore action heroes with no emotions
>>
So sorry to hear what you’re going through man. If you want to talk with someone, email me at public dot)l fish at gmail dot com and hit me up. Nobody should have to go through something like that alone.
>>
>>7930130
>>7930188
Where is your empathy for people who think threads on boards should be on topic? Where is your empathy for people who think advice threads belong on the FUCKING ADVICE BOARD? Where is your empathy for people who rightly feel that you faggots should march your prolapsed anuses back to FUCKING REDDIT?
>>
>>7927778
that sounds horrible. my father and i aren't very close, but i can only imagine what you're going through. i remember something similar when my grandfather passed. it was alzheimer's so there was nothing to be done but that feeling of inevitability towards the end gave me the solace of time to process what was going to happen before it did. i can't tell you it's going to be easy or that it will get better because it likely won't, at least for a while. losing loved ones sucks and grieving takes time. you'll come out of this a better person and your father could clearly use your support. have you considered offering to take care of his dogs? when someone knows they're on the way out, knowing that their loose ends will be picked up by those close to them can mean a lot

>>7927809
op is talking about this because he feels safe here. fuck you for violating that you miserable cunt
>>
>>7930200
did your mom give birth to you while standing?
and the nurse couldn't catch you because of all the goop and poop you're covered in?

coz you sure sound like a kid who was dropped on his head as a baby lol

1. what a crybaby
2. retard
>>
>>7930200
holy shit dude take a deep breath and just hide the thread if it's making you this agitated
>>
>>7927778
Stay with him, pray, and follow any trustworthy medical advice you two can find. And don't give up.
>>
>>7927778
this is too heavy man. I have no advice, just my condolences. I hope you and your pop spend whatever time he has left, together. As risk of sounding cliche, family is what matters in these times.
>>
>>7927778
hi OP, ex-mortician here.

I'm so sorry for the despair this is naturally bringing you and your father. I will try not to make this long and I'm sorry if I sound full of myself. I will tell you now, that everyone takes the death and dying process differently. Whether it is the person that will be deceased or loved ones having to essentially watch their loved ones pass. I'm also sorry for the absolute state of some of the edge lords responding to you.

If there is one thing I can hope you can do for yourself and for your father, it is still to enjoy life. Still find things to laugh at, or experiences to have again even if it has been done hundreds of times over. An example would be maybe taking your father to his favorite restaurant, and if he can't leave the house due to his condition, buy takeout for him of his favorite meal if dietary restrictions allow. Diabetes is a fucking bitch and off what you have mentioned alone, I know it won't be easy to give those experiences of happiness like it used to. Something that I've never ever heard that families regret is doing activities -- no matter how insignificant it may be-- that they appreciated, enjoyed, loved, or received any kind of positive feeling toward. They may even say things like, "though it was difficult getting mom around, we still brought her to/did with her/experienced with her _____ and she appreciated it and it got her mind off of the circumstances before us"
>>
>>7931175
>>7927778
Something I've told people is though their loved ones are gone, they still live through you; mannerisms, sayings, and even slight expressions in speech. Though it's cheesy, I've used this advice for myself. My grandma passed suddenly due to very aggressive cancer and the smell of breakfast in the morning reminded me of her always. There may be things that will remind you of your father every day and it will be tough getting through it especially when his passing will come. Once time does pass and it could be months, there will be a time that you are able to stop crying, to stop dreading reality a little less, and to move on just a little easier in everyday life.

It is common that people that know they are dying to shut down and go into denial as they are going through the stages of grief themselves. They are leaving everything and saying the ultimate goodbye. moving countries is a very difficult goodbye because you know you'll see them again, it's just you don't know when. But this goodbye is permanent. It may hurt him to do so, but try and keep talking to him and keep a dialogue open. It's better to promote having him say everything he needs to before he goes. He may be very reluctant but it sounds like he loves you and will be open to those conversations.

It ended up a lot longer than I anticipated, but there you have it. Keep in mind, we all go through it differently, all my advice could honestly be useless to you, and that's okay. Maybe keep it on the back burner when it is applicable.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
>>
>>7929966

Ughh...

Santa Claus isn't real. Neither is the Tooth Fairy. Neither is any of the rest of the fucking fairy tale Loony Tunes zoo. Fuck off with that toxic fascism bullshit.
>>
Don't leave him alone. Get of your PC and stay beside him 24/7 if you can. You are gonna regret later if you don't now.
>>
>>7927809
You must smell really bad.
>>
>>7928651
> Show him the beauty that's left in the world.
Sorry, but the OP said that the dude is already blind. Too late for that, I guess. It's just reading and listening to music that's left, I assume
> He went blind in December from temporal arteritis
>>
Not to be that guy, but how is his glycemic control? Was he following a strict diet? How high was Glycated Hemoglobin the last time he measured it? Genuinely curious.
Also, while IDDM has genetic basis, the susciptibility to NIDDM is more familial if you could believe that.
>>
>>7927778
if your dad was involved with your life be grateful.

my dad was at home, but chose to not involve himself with me. I don't recall him playing with me as a child. Don't remember him at any of my soccer games. He went to one of my football games. Once. He left a sticky note on my desk congratulating me on the win, rather than bother to speak to me in person. He'd drive me to school, and not say a word at all along the way. I was 14 before I realized other kid's dads actually tried to be involved in their kids' lives.

So spend what time you can with him and help him while you can.
>>
File: IMG-0735mod2.jpg (567 KB, 1920x1080)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
>>7931365
>rEligion iz saMe aS muh p0liTical extReMisT

as you grow older you will realize utopian politics are a false idol.
>>
>>7927809
>>7927814
Because those boards fucking suck and no one can get replies let alone hold a conversation there.
Here you can chat over the course of days or weeks and look at lovely images while you do it.
>>7927778
Spend as much time with him as possible. He loves those dogs and needs to know they will be taken care of, the sooner he knows they will be in good hands the better. Make arrangements for family, a family friend, or yourself to take those dogs.
>>
>>7927778
my dad died of live cirrhosis almost a year ago, the last time I talked to him was a month before he died, it was just so hard to talk to him in that state, liver cirrhosis kinda fucked up his brain, kind of, we had like one good conversation while he was in the hospital, most of the time it was just him shitting himself. He died the day after christmas last year, he called me on my birthday, he wasn't that far gone most of the time, I should have been there for him.
One time in the hospital he told me he would just watch the clock and watch a whole hour pass. I remember him trying to pay his credit card bills on his phone on his literal deathbed and getting mad at me for telling him to stop because he couldn't even type.
My dad got cheated by god, man, and I'm gonna die alone just like him. He never even got a real funeral.
>>
File: sad-01.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1200)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
Diabetes is a fucking bitch.
My dad died due to diabetes too.
>>
>>7927778
I've shed a tear for you, man. Be there for him. Be present. This is fucked up but all things pass, and even if it's not okay now, it will be okay one day.
Love from anon
>>
>>7931365
holy shit fuck off nigga
>>7927809
solid bate but I sincerely hope you lose everything in life and are too crippled to kill yourself
>>
File: 96g40377.png (5.55 MB, 2149x1621)
5.55 MB
5.55 MB PNG
>>
>>7927778
>>7929971
I was going to recommend something along the lines of this.
Get your shit together, OP. Don't let your father part without knowing he'll live forever in you and your descendants.
>>
File: DelticPrototype_DP1.jpg (600 KB, 2168x1449)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>
File: Challenger_C45ACCTE.jpg (2.66 MB, 3600x2136)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>
File: 160years.jpg (1.12 MB, 1920x1080)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>
File: 1617663587224.jpg (496 KB, 2400x1600)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>
File: 1604312309041.jpg (1.36 MB, 3000x2000)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>
File: 1559184533085.jpg (742 KB, 2048x1365)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
>>
>>7927778
stay strong anon
it will be painful but you'll get through it
>>
>>7934056
>>7934181
>>7934372
>>7934373
Thx for the contributions anon
>>
>>7929098
no one has ever been chased out of 4chan. Stop trying too hard, we are all strangers. You’re only being edgy to yourself.
>>
>>7928501
I second this to anyone who has similar experiences to OP. Embracing Stocism is the way to inner peace
>>
>>7927809
this
>>
>>7927778
>>>/adv/
>>
>>7927778
My dad is 65 and he's healthy, shit, my grandpa is 90 and he's still going strong, too bad not every family has this luxury.
I wish you and your dad the best anon
>>
Liver and kidney detox program. Make him drink a lot of water. No tapwater, either buy bottled water from groundwater source or use a distilling waterfilter.

Remove the excessive bad fat foods from his diet. Lots of veggies, fruits and nuts.

The detox will dump the garbage in his liver and kidneys. The water will remove the garbage from the rest of his body through the liver, kidney and bladder.

The veggies, fruits and nuts, cook them in water steam, no oils. If eating meat anyway, only use those that are called clean according to the Bible.

The veggies are easier to proces for the body. So it will use more of his energy to clean out the garbage in his system, instead of longer processing the foods.

Carefull with grains, dont let him eat to much of it, give him fruits and veggies with every breadmeal.

All it will do, is lenghten his life a little longer. The most help he needs, is a mental one. Spend time with your dad, make him tell of times he enjoyed life. Of when he married, or when he had you, anon.

Proverbs 31:6 KJV
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

Godspeed anon.
>>
>>7927778
Fasting and a carnivore/animal based diet cures diabetes and all auto immune conditions I’m not kidding
Look up Mikhaila Peterson, Jordan Petersons daughter and her Ted talk on her diet fixing her arthritis

If you really want him to get better you’re going to have to convince him to start fasting for up to 72 hours at least regularly and getting on the diet I mentioned. If he’s a type 2 he prob won’t be able to fix that at this point but it’s better than nothing. Also make sure he’s getting enough vitamin D mainly from sunlight and iodine these are harder to get from an animal based diet but both essential if he wants to get better hope he gets well soon anon
>>
>>7936038
Also a couple more things

Make sure he’s only drinking water that’s properly filtered and don’t cook any meat in vegetable oils of any kind only olive oil, butter and tallow. Raw meat is really good and keeps more of the nutrients as well just make sure it’s store bought from a good source grass fed etc.

Also this is obvious but exercise does wonders in your later years try to get him into something he enjoys for his health
>>
>>7927778
https://www.gematrix.org/?word=iamplacingthemarkofthewhoreofbabylonuponalldaughtersofevefromhebrewyearonetoyearfivethousandsevenhundredeightythreeandongoingintothefuturetheywillsufferascainsufferedregardsyahwehfathergodhimself&save=+Add+It+

As Cain and his seed were murderers and we're marked for it so shall Eve seed be marked for their sexual impure abominations. You reap what you sew.
>>
Stay strong buddy
>>
>>7927778
Kidney dialysis will help keep his kidneys and blood healthy. It's not over. Make the most of the time you have left, and god bless.
>>
File: it's such a beautiful day.png (2.28 MB, 1488x1088)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>>7927778
My condolences anon. Spend as much time as you can with him.
>>
File: 1647562073482.jpg (171 KB, 2700x1350)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>
>>7927778
That's a lot for someone to deal with. Stay close to him as best you can, it may get hard as whatever comes ahead approaches given all those health ailments. Just know he is you and if anything bad happens he'll be with you always, so try to set your life up now to leave a legacy he can be proud of. It will be hard but just stay strong. It will probably help him if you are strong as that is contagious.
>>
>>7929474
i hate my brother i hope he get raped to death in jail , he keeps putting us in debt , he seduced my sister to always defend him , sister hold father money he is too stupid to care for his diabetes and money alone he fears her , i hate them all she and him , he keep wasting money no matter how much i scream and complain and threaten no one listen , they pay for a lawyer behind my back , brother is a piece of shit i hate my life ,

you love him i dont understand that , mine was always a piece of shit Since we were kids
>>
This might be difficult but stay with him and be calm. He's scared and needs your strength right now. Help him with whatever he needs. From organizing his affairs to just sitting quietly with him. If you're close by he won't feel so alone. Just love him. I'm sorry about your situation OP. It's a part of life that we can't really understand until it's happening. I hope the two of you truly enjoy the time you have left.
>>
File: 1593534572652.jpg (2.98 MB, 3072x2048)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
Stay strong
>>
>>7936038
Nice bait retard
>>
File: IMG_20220823_201850017-01.jpg (2.34 MB, 2293x3093)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
Tell him not to worry, you'll make him proud. And then keep that promise.
>>
>>7927814
/adv/ is just teens and discord users asking about basic stuff
>>
Whatever you do, maybe best keep to yourself that those symptoms your father is experiencing are completely avoidable and usually occur in patients who don't treat (read: daily insulin injections and monitoring your blood sugar) their diabetes at all. He could've lived a few dozen years more, but I guess it was just too much of hassle for him.

Some people deserve pity; your father does not.

It is also honestly scary how all those religious nuts suddenly turn up. Like vultures over the dead...
>>
>>7935610
Excluding the god shit, this i p good advice.

Eat Pure, Be Pure
>>
>>7936520

who gives a necrotic fuck you whiny unrelated faggot. your brother is better off in jail away from your pussy ass
>>
>>7927809
kys
NOW
>>
>>7927778
may God bless your father
>>
>>7927778
Dunno but sounds like your dad's a fatass. He shouldn't have eaten so much.
>>
>>7934181
>>7934182
>>7934183
>>7934372
>>7934373
>>7937821
foamer(s) detected
>>
Op, if mental faculty remains we can think ourselves out of being sad in the face of death. Make him laugh. Reflect on the absurdity of life. Make him know that everyone is basically right behind him on the death road and that countless went before him. Life takes and takes and it's best to give it the finger when it takes too much, smile at its shithead cruelty and enjoy *anything* that is left to you. The alternative is a misery-bath. Go make some final kickass memories.
>>
Your fatass dad dead yet, OP?
>>
>>7927778
Sorry to hear his, brother.
Wishing you and your pops the very best.
>>
>>7943449
>>7943596
Utter waste of a human brain you are. Ventilate yours a bit, you know let in some fresh air. Nothing of value to humanity will be lost.
>>
>>7927778
Today is my mother's death day. If still applicable, just give your father the greatest rest of his life by spending time with him as much as you're able. It will all be okay, anon. Life is cruel but it is worth it. I wish I could have known my mother was going to die and I regret not spending more time with her every day. Hope you are okay anon and that your father and you both find peace.
>>
File: PXL_20201116_004405915.jpg (3.3 MB, 4032x3024)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB JPG
>>7943770
Shit, I forgot pape
>>
File: IMG_20200319_112758.jpg (4.49 MB, 4032x3024)
4.49 MB
4.49 MB JPG
>>7943777
Shit, that's a terrible photo fuck this have my bestest old boi
>>
File: 20221105_235123.jpg (202 KB, 1280x720)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>7943744
>>
>>7927778
Don't have any advice really. Just wanted to say sorry about your dad. Spend what time you can with him. Be there for him to whatever capacity you're able. Leave nothing unsaid.
>>
>>7927778
We've jus studied this place in school the teacher put this exact image on the presentation
>>
File: wallhaven-ox3r89.jpg (676 KB, 1920x1080)
676 KB
676 KB JPG
:(

Damn, I wish there were more we could do. Mortality is out of our comprehension
>>
File: CZgJ_coWYAAigbY.jpg (143 KB, 640x960)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
To your dad.
>>
File: download (7).jpg (470 KB, 2048x2816)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>
>>7927778
Get him a hypophysis pig insertion, i guess most studies are in either spanish or german, that's how cubans treat their diabetic patients.
>>
My father died five years ago.
You never really heal. There’s no such thing as closure. But life changes, and you become the best of him. The best parts survived.
>>
Just be there anon, be present, live in the moment. Try not to let your fear of loss overwhelm the time you have. When things are hard, acknowledge it, when they are good, bask in them. Im sorry Anon.
>>
>>7927778
Lost my Dad in February to a sudden heart attack. He was moving furniture and felt a strain in his chest and couldn't be brought back after going into cardiac arrest. I was speaking to him on the phone when it happened and heard him flatline as well whilst the ambulance was working on him at home. Arrived at the hospital where they were still trying to revive him and saw him attached to a machine getting his chest pumped, cold and lifeless. Destroyed me.
My advice is there is nothing to do to prepare you for it, even if you're watching his health deteriorate. After he goes you will always feel like it wasn't real what happened and that he is gone and you will always expect him to walk back in through the back door or something, that's grief and its normal. Just remember all the good times you had with him and always be thankful it ended on good terms, and he was definitely proud of you no matter what you did.
Continue doing the things you love once you are ready and once grief starts settling down. If you are close with your family talk to them about him and remember you should always move forward as someone who can see happiness about life you shared with him rather then moving forward being sad. I wouldn't use the phrase "getting over it" but it definitely does get easier as time moves on. Lastly, never ever blame anyone for his death it will tear people apart. One thing I was good at doing was not blaming anyone, whether it be his work who stressed him out to then point of his heart having enough or to the two female ambulance staff who couldn't lift a 58 year old off a bed and onto flat ground to properly do CPR, just remember him for everything good I'm sure he done.
>>
>>7927809
People like you make me depressed
>>
>>7930200
>Where is your empathy for people who think threads on boards should be on topic?
stop trying to larp as a reddit mod you miserable cunt
>>
File: 1654189168140.jpg (3.62 MB, 3840x2160)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB JPG
>>7927778
my father is suffering somewhat the same fate. he drinks too much and has gone blind. failing liver, kidneys etc. spend as much time as you can with him and dont waste your time arguing
>>
>>7929944
you first
>>
>>7927778
just being there for him is enough, kid

spend all the time you can with him and try to keep it positive

i'm sure he loves you very very much.
>>
i am so sorry to hear that, i hope everything goes well for you <3
>>
>>7927778
im sorry anon, my dad is dying right now as well; he has frontotemporal dementia and went from a brilliant neurologist who cared deeply for his patients and a loving father to the mind of a 2 year old. It's tough because he really was the perfect dad in the most cliche "are ya winnin son?" type of way always trying to be involved and supportive and I feel like I never got a chance to properly thank him or tell him how lucky I was to have a good dad. It'll probably be another year or two before he dies, but his mind is gone and he doesnt really recognize me anymore and cannot speak or understand language at all.

If you dad is still of sound mind, just try to spend time with him and tell him you love him, ask him things before its too late, let him know his existence was meaningful to you and so on
>>
Stop blogposting you faggots
>>
Get him into stoicism m8. Look for Ryan Holiday on YouTube so your dad can listen to him instead of reading books.
>>
>>7927809
you're not a fren
>>
Let you dad know that you love him, be there for him as his son, and try to make him laugh if he still can. I'll be praying for your family tonight.
>>
>>7948211
exactly this. my dad died spontaneously at 55. no will no expectation. in one day he went from awesome to dead. So i got no chance to say good bye, tell him how proud I was. use this chance. It's good enough for him and for you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.