[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1710275016342355.jpg (119 KB, 1080x1079)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
i tried this one https://mausimus.itch.io/shaderglass but it doesn't work on fullscreen, the taskbar keeps visible and it has a weird yellow bar on the borders.
>>
>>1453298
Odd suggestion but one way I've watched old anime with a CRT filter was to use Retroarch. It has inbuilt shaders depending on your backend and you can pick and choose between them. It's not perfect (since it's not really a media player) but it might be one solution.

I think you could also use reshade.
>>
>>1453341
>Retroarch
how does it work? like, just drag the video file like if it's a game ROM?
>reshade
I think reshade only work on games iirc. I downloaded and when I executed it opened a menu for me to select the software I want it to overlay
>>
>>1453349
So if you install retroarch and open it up, you'll get a choice of "Load Content" in the "Main Menu" bar. Find the anime you want to watch in your file system and then play it. It'll load the video player inside retroarch and once that's done. Press F1 to open the quick menu, find "Shaders" turn them on and then go to "Load" and it should give you a bunch of folders that have shaders in them.

Depending on the gpu backend Retroarch is using (vulkan, dx11, opgl etc) some of these won't work but it's not a big deal since they're all shared between them you just need to find which folder is correct for your backend. I use Vulkan so I have to open the "shaders_slang" folder and then go to "crt" and pick go through them one by one to find your favourites. Crt-royale might be a good choice just to see how you like it.

Only problem is that Retroarch isn't really a video player but CAN play videos, so it can't pause (you open the quick menu). I use a controller so for me D-pad left goes back about 10 seconds and D-pad right goes forward, R1 and L1 change the language and subtitles you have and that's about it.

Hope I helped.
>>
>>1453412
thanks dude! gonna try it tomorrow. I've never used retroarch because it doesn't support some of my favorite emulators so I prefer using individual emulators. I've never thought I would use Retroarch to watch anime
>>
>>1453415
np, i'll keep the thread up so if there's any issue i might be able to help.
>>
>>1453416
nice! thanks.
>>
>>1453298

Why would you use a filter insted of buying an actual crt tv if it is that important when watching older stuff?
>>
>>1453463
It's pretty hard to get a crt tv for 4channers since you have to go on facebook marketplace and drive to some guys house
>>
>>1453489
Pawn shop or any place that sells retro games.
I live near one that'll let people rent a NES or SNES along with old TV and like 50 games for fifty bucks and a few hundred dollars as a security deposit, if you bring it back and all the games still start up and the machines aren't broken you get the deposit back.
Or rent the emulator for a whole lot cheaper, but people like the real thing.
They don't make much on the rentals, but people come back to the store for other stuff.
>>
File: 1705120847598281.jpg (228 KB, 2500x1400)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>1453412
>>1453416
ok, i've found the folders, but where can i download the shaders? thanks again for keeping the thread up! it's almost like you knew i would come back
>>1453463
no money, plus i don't have much space for a CRT TV in my house, so moving the things on my room to get extra space would be an extra effort
>>1453489
right? also, they're heavy as hell
>>
>>1453591
Oh right, I forgot about Retroarch being a bit tough to get going. Find the option "Online Updater" in the main menu, click it and scroll down to "Update slang shaders" (or just update shaders) and then they'll be downloaded.

Then just find a video through the "load content" option, once it loads, open the quick menu with F1 and find "shaders" turn them on and then go to "load" and find what you want to overlay. You should have a folder called "crt" in one of the folders so find that and load something.
>>
>>1453595
IT WORKED!!!! thanks for all the help friend! gonna keep messing around to find the perfect shader. it's gonna be nice to rewatch all of my old anime like this
>>
>>1453601
No problem, one thing you might want to check on/off depending on how you like it is "Integer Scaling" which can be found in "Settings" -> "Video" -> "Scaling" -> "Integer Scale". I usually have it off but sometimes turning it on can fix shaders looking slightly "off" I guess.

Also if you want more shaders you can download new ones from other websites, just pop them in your shaders folder and retroarch should be able to use them, although even I get errors for a lot of them since they require different backends but just search and find which ones you might like to use. You can usually find them by searching "retroarch shader pack download" and either finding them off reddit or the libretro forums.

Glad I helped, and good taste on NHK.
>>
>>1453603
gonna try that later, thanks

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.