[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: first.png (120 KB, 330x330)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
I want to find out if I'm being catfished.
None of the popular reverse image search services I've tried (Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu, Google Lens, Tineye) give any results.
But I know it's easy to get around those, she could just be stealing these pics from someone's Instagram for all I know.
Is there any way to be sure?

One of the more obvious reasons I think she's catfishing is that the images she sends and uses of herself are super low res which makes me think she's taking screenshots of her screen and then cropping them even further completely screwing up the resolution.
But I would like to find sauce and see for myself.

>1/5
>>
File: second.png (193 KB, 405x405)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>1473862
>2/5
>>
File: IMG_3010.jpg (48 KB, 582x436)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>1473862
>3/5
>>
lol that's one of the kpop chicks lmao
>>
File: IMG_3046.jpg (22 KB, 310x405)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>1473862
4/5
>>
File: IMG_3079.jpg (31 KB, 412x577)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1473862
>5/5
>>1473865
She looks like it certainly.
>>
I love how >>1473866 is just >>1473862 but cropped slightly differently and with some dumb emoji covering her mouth.
>>
>>1473862

"She" apparently has to already resort to recycling pictures by slightly zooming and cropping and then adding some dumb emojis.
Also >>1473863 at face is high quality and then at the bottom suddenly becomes really LQ, something getting masked there or manipulated.

Challenge-response protocol - Ask "her" for a pic shot with the phone on her head or sth like that (phone upside down for example). Prevents the excuse of objects not being at hand. The phone definitely is there.
If "she" does not deliver it (because "she" does not have a pic like that at hand) "she" can fuck off.
Catfishers trust in the victims having fear to ask for anything to not "break the budding romance". if she is in any way real and serious she should be well aware of the catfishing problem, so the wish to verify identity via challenge-response should be more than understandable.
You can of course directly tell "her" this as reason why you want this photo. Also she would then have right to request a challenge-response from you.
>>
File: 7cf4b.png (221 KB, 405x405)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
pixels
>>
File: filters_adjustments.webm (2.09 MB, 1024x576)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB WEBM
>>1473862
Her pictures look filtered. So that means she could actually look totally different. For example, most people think of just faces being filtered. But body and legs can also be changed even for video..
>>
>>1473862
>I want to find out if I'm being catfished.

A chinese aphorism from chinese culture basically says if you can get away with cheating, then cheat.

Americans are thought as Pigs to the Slaughter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZMboyepBK4
>>
There's a 100% fullproof way to find out whether or not you are being catfished: Ask the person to send you a photo in which the person is touching one of the ears with a pinky finger. That's something that nobody does. So if you get the person to send you such a photo, it's legit. But if the person refuses to send such a photo, it's a catfish
>>
just ask to video chat.
>>
File: IMG_3367.jpg (4.78 MB, 3024x4032)
4.78 MB
4.78 MB JPG
>>1473890
She won't do it, "for privacy reasons". Also why she covers her mouth in "her" pics. The first two pics where you can see her face were ripped from her Google account.
>>1473998
>>1474020
She won't do any of this either.
>>1473941
What does this show?

One interesting thing.
She was at an event once where she sent me a picture of a tablecloth from, she said she can't send anything else because she's afraid of getting doxxed.
You can see how high res this tablecloth pic is compared to all her other pics. (1/2)

Another thing.
She once sent me a picture of her college's lab to show me a project she was working on, where the resolution is again slightly lower but the filename was completely different too.
All her other pictures start with an IMG_ which I think is how photos are named on an iPhone but this picture has more of an android filename. Not sure what to make of this. Maybe she's renaming her pics and forgot to do it this time. Or she used a different editing app to crop this time. (2/2)

>1/2
>>
File: photo_2024-05-15_23-47-34.jpg (159 KB, 1280x1178)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>2/2
>>
>>1474067
>What does this show?
Was for >>1473897
Quoted the wrong post accidentally.
>>
>>1474067
>She won't do any of this either.
You are being catfished. Disengage, or begin trolling
>>
>>1473862
>>1473863
>>1473864
>>1473866
>>1473867
Ive gotten stuff like this via text. Its a catfish
>>
>>1474067
>What does this show?
Any picture she sends to you can be doctored. So if you get scammed, you still cannot have the police identify her from pictures or video in order to try to get your money or property back.

>>1473862
>I want to find out if I'm being catfished.
To avoid being called a gold digger, she is just doing the minimum to keep in contact with you and however many other people she is sending messages. She is waiting for you to open up a conversation where you are willing to help her out with difficulties. Since you make the first offer, she won't be easy to accuse of being thirsty for your wallet.
>>
>>1474081
Yeah I think I'm pretty sure I am. I can't see a single good reason behind "her" pics being so low res.
>>1474086
She doesn't want any money from me. She says she's rich, her mom is a gynecologist and her dad is a professor in some university and that they provide for her. She says that she just wants to be loved and that she needs somebody to be there for her. If she's catfishing she's doing it so people think she's pretty and "love" her as a result.

But her personality is very suspicious considering "her" looks.
She's super desperate, never talks to any girl except for one girl friend she has, just flirts with a tonne of guys all day.
She told me she was falling in love with me the second or third time we talked and that she really wants to be loved because nobody's ever loved her in all her life (not even her adoptive parents) and all her exs left her too (all online).
She told me she doesn't want a boyfriend in real life.
I was having a hard time believing a girl that looks like this would be so desperate and have trouble finding a guy in real life but then she tells me that she was abused as a child so she used to be extremely insecure of her looks and doesn't think she's all that pretty and that she once went months without looking into a mirror, especially her body and that she has scars all over it because of the sexual abuse and also that she's afraid of sex because of her childhood trauma, but then posts a pic of "herself" in her bra for everybody to see, showing off "her" body >>1473863

She also says she's 19 but the woman in the pics looks older to me.
It all seems so suspicious and where there's smoke there's fire but I feel bad for her and I think my emotions are affecting my judgement so I don't know what to believe anymore.
>>
File: 1720273618863.jpg (6 KB, 383x68)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>
File: 1720309661853704.jpg (44 KB, 1080x322)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>1474118
>>
File: 1720190025153548.webm (3.89 MB, 264x480)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB WEBM
>>
>>1474192
She's cute, what's her name?
>>
>>1474230
I'd be careful aound a mage who is currently flickering.
Imagine her arms doing that while you are currently right next to her
>>
>>1474236
Think of the handjobs!
>>
>>1474067
Do the pictures contain the metadata? If they're taken on an iPhone it can have the GPS coordinates of where the photo was taken.
>>
>>1474309
Nah. Discord removes all exif/metadata.
>>
>>1474107
She could also be the SCOUTING person for a chinese scammer group. She identifies which accounts have lonely guys. Then those are the accounts targeted by the alternate girl that will actually expose a face for conversation.
>>
>>1474438
She's not a scammer. She's just a mentally ill online hoe. I know all of her friends and exs. She only has one girl friend that she isn't even that close with. She's just really lonely. I don't want to get too much into her personal life here but I think her craziness explains why she's like this despite her looks, assuming it's even her in the first place. I know she's not my responsibility but I still feel bad for her. But more than anything else I want to find out if it's really her in the pictures or not.
>>
File: yes.jpg (46 KB, 627x627)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1473862
Found on this website https://kknews.cc/news/36eloja.html. Yes you are being catfished. Stop being so gullible. Girls who look like that don't need to cold call 4chan losers to not feel lonely.
>>
>>1474470
https://www.instagram.com/tencentvideo.us/p/CdevUBuFy00/?img_index=2

Original source?
>>
>>1474460
OP pic is Chinese actress and model Zhao Lusi
>>
>>1474470
>>1474472

But guys, she sent a pic of her tablecloth >>1474067. HER TABLECLOTH!1
She obviously MUST be real. And she is IN WUV<3 with OP, just very shy...

How was that proverb about trust I am think of again? Oh yeah,
>There's a moron born every second
>>
this thread is gold LOL
>>
>>1474470
>>1474471
Teach me your ways, master. Seriously, how did you do it though. Can you find the source of all her other pics too?
>>1474477
I guess you can blame me for being gullible but I just felt bad for her and her sob story. But yeah it's obvious now, if she's lying about her pics why wouldn't she be lying about everything else too.
>>
File: filtering of videos.webm (1.7 MB, 202x360)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB WEBM
>>1474814
>if she's lying about her pics why wouldn't she be lying about everything else too.

Probably because you didn't bite and commit a bunch of money to her, she didn't open up any more to you. The teasing and fake cropped images with photos copied from other sites like a lab photo will be all you get.
>>
>>1474814
>I just felt bad for her and her sob story
that's how they get marks
>>
>>1474814
>I just felt bad for her and her sob story
China culture is fairly ruthless. They feed you enough material to fatten you up to be harvested later. If you don't fall for it, then you only get minimal attention from them. Because they need to move on to more rewarding interactions.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.