[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Convince me when I die it's not lights out for good
>>
>>38345665
You will have a premonitory dream this night which will be meaningless by itself, but it will serve to show you that spirituality exists.
>>
>>38345665
Hahahah, you'll wish it was sometimes - that's how much it isn't "lights out for good"
>>
>>38345665
Imagine that life lasted for one second. It would have already happened last second.
Imagine that life lasted for one minute. It would have already happened last minute.
Imagine that life lasted for one hour. It would have already happened last hour.
Imagine that life lasted for one day. It would have already happened yesterday.
Imagine that life lasted for one week. It would have already happened last week.
So the problem of "light out for good" is that that implies an infinite time of non-existence, and whatever finite amount of time your life lasted, it would have happened already, and you'd be on the infinite postexistence, because that's how infinity works. You can't be on the finite time where you exist because it's the same as the very first example, existing for 1 second, which would have elapsed, because against infinity it'd be nothing, just like living for a billion years would be nothing.
So the fact that you're existing RIGHT NOW proves you always exist.
>>
>>38345665
Non-existence sounds comfy. Relax.
>>
>>38345719
how the fuck is this supposed to be read
>>
>>38345756
The ride never ends.
>>
>>38345750
I hate hearing this dumb ass argument,maybe for you but it's not a " comfy" thought for me
>>
>>38345665
Non existence isn't what you have to grapple with...
>>
>>38345665
Your non-physical senses. You can develop them because you are not your body.
>>
>>38345762
It never ends.
>>
it's not talked about often enough imo, but children frequently report memories of a past life.

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/our-research/children-who-report-memories-of-previous-lives/

that page only has two examples, but says they have over 2500 cases, with 30% having birthmarks or birth defects related to their past lives.
>>
there’s already a million arguments against materialism and therefore permadeath. I’d recommend “Why Materialism is Baloney” if you can get past Kastrup’s douchiness.
>>
You'll continue existing forever, your body is simply an extravagant resource hog. Part of you is constantly dying, another part persists forever. Your soul is a symbol, a little squiggle, it's not represented by human limbs and organs.
>>
>>38345665
Non-existence is the most serene thing. You don't even experience, you never remember. Imagine the gaps within your memory of dreams. You will always exist, experience. Non-existence is the void within the breaths of action. An essential part of life, and just as transient and fleeting.
>>
>>38345665
Time is fake and gay (not fundamental) according to mainstream contemporary theoretical physics. There's only the primordial watcher & the dream.
>>
>>38346308
>theoretical physics
the universe is defiantly entropy in the direction of thermal death. maybe our concept of time is wrong but its certainly there
>>
>>38346391
no, not really. except maybe burning for eternity
>>
>>38345712
Bumping this thread hoping OP returns tomorrow to report
>>
>>38345746
I liked very much how you put this. I had an early realization of this as a child but you really put it well here.
>>
>>38346468
just the one i truly love is out of reach in this "reality" or whatever you want to call it
>>38346455
im still here
>>
>>38345719 also i had one the other night of getting t-boned at an intersection i go through almost everyday. I will certainly be mindful of that dream when im at that intersection
>>
We sorta arrived here "out of the void" and there is no real naturalistic explanation for existence, existing, so there is no real arguments against existence stopping just because you die
>>
>>38345719
this, if only we were so lucky. suicide is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.
>>
>>38345719
In fact I think one of the core tenets of some Buddhist doctrines is to abandon the pursuit of a non-material existence (i.e. it was a guide for people already dead lel).

ISN'T THAT FUN?
>>
File: skelly.jpg (42 KB, 480x360)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>38346929
FUN
>>
>>38346929
>non-material existence
Can't you just achieve that through mastery of lucid dreaming? At some point you essentially have a dual reality, one which you're a god of.
>>
So much basements
>>
>>38346949
thats what im trying to accomplish, everything you perceive is in your brain. im trying to reality shift, it must be possible because my brain creates everything that i know and will ever know. I can lucid dream, but never have good control over it
>>
>>38346949
>through mastery of lucid dreaming
lol
>>
>>38346996
this is why some gods are mad at humans. walking in their dimension being like "just gonna master this shit real quick"

it's literally an eternal realm. what chance do you think you have of mastering something eternal, when you are prone to perish mortal?
>>
Ok x go to sleep I’ll see you all tomorrow
>>
>>38345772
Twain is a faggot though.
>>
>>38346999
so the lucid world is "heaven, Valhalla, paradise, nirvana, ect?" Is that why i get kicked out so quick, usually from my own family members?
>>
>>38347007
>so the lucid world is "heaven, Valhalla, paradise, nirvana, ect?

No.
>>
>>38345665
I could try to convince you but it doesn't really matter. If it is "lights out" you wouldn't experience it, so it literally means nothing to you. If you still want to be convinced then go study different models of the afterlife in different traditions, philosophical currents and practices, cultivating your own view is the only way you're gonna be "convinced".
>>
>>38347029
are you saying, what i believe will happen; is what is going to happen?
>>
Nothingness is nothing, it becomes automatically something and invalidates non-existence.

Plus, Satan said that you cant necessarily die.
>>
>>38347100
so Satan is saying that nothing is possible in the lieu of existing?
>>
>>38347058
No, i'm saying that you should do your own study and research if you want to become convinced of something.
>>
>>38347103
No hes saying you become something else.
>>
>>38347118
im confused
>>
>>38347136
Don't apples replicate the tree they came from after they fall to the ground and die? As above so below, death is a dynamic of change, the spirit projects many layers, the physical being the densest and outermost. The death of the physical simply signifies the change of the spirit, but cognition, mind and soul aren't of the physical, so the death of the physical doesn't affect them, they just move onto the next layer of being and experience, and the layers keep dying until only the spirit (seed) remains, and then it grows a new set of layers down to the physical, along with a new soul and mind, this is reincarnation.
>>
>>38347148
How many souls are there :0

Is it a lot, or few, or only one
>>
>>38347159
The soul is a conglomerate of sensations, that includes memories and emotions, The spirit gathers them, and by focusing its awareness through them, it forms the mind and it identifies with it. Souls rise and unravel every instant, they're impermanent and infinite in number, what's only one is the spirit, awareness.
>>
>>38345665
Depends what you refer to as "me".
>>
>>38347178
i him so much!, i just want to be with him
>>
File: Gor.jpg (320 KB, 1771x1275)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
oh hai u guyz wut's going on in here
>>
>>38345665
Since non-existence is seemingly impossible one can only conclude that we are in hell right now. Holy shit. I think it's worse emphasizing that none of us are even God. We are God's creations. And God has forcefully given us all eternal life. It really is Hell.
>>
File: file.png (332 KB, 378x485)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>38347271
No refunds
>>
>>38347159
There are between 1 and infinity souls. The top soul is called the Father which combines all souls together. Though I wonder if it gets split up as in there's two demi god sun/moon ying/yang soul machines, probably.

So we are both one soul and many simultaneously. I've seen the father, it's literally a big mecha, and is defined omnipotently as being a mechanical construct, whereas the other souls are infinitely fluid animal like beings.
>>
I feel like we're approaching solipsism territory really quickly....is there anyone else besides me??
>>
>>38347271
>>38347285
i need only only one, i love him so much!
>>
>>38347286
Don't try to introduce solipsism in here, you're not slick.
>>
>>38347292
Ehh, the father still needs a righteous soul to power it otherwise it will become demonic. This is where Jesus/Buddha/The Demiurge come in, the son is the soul battery that powers the father. He should probably merge with the father or something instead of just giving it his energy but for some reason he can't, or doesn't want to.
>>
File: 1680375125305771.png (3.04 MB, 2288x1700)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
>>38345665
Study NDEs as NDEs are seriously irrefutable proof that heaven really is awaiting us all because (1) people see things during their NDEs when they are out of their bodies that they should not be able to under the assumption that the brain creates consciousness, and (2) anyone can have an NDE and everyone is convinced by it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00ibBGZp7o

So every atheist or materialist or agnostic would be too if they had an NDE, so pic related is literally irrefutable proof of life after death. As one NDEr pointed out:

>"The minute that I kind of woke up on that hillside in heaven I knew that that was more real than any time I've ever spent here on Earth. And I knew instantly that my time here was really but a dream. It's real to us when we're in it, but once I was there in heaven I realized that's more real, that felt more real, and it made much more sense to me than anything here. This is kind of nonsensical at times. In heaven, it's so clear, so real, so rational, so logical, but yet emotional and loving at the same time. Immediately I knew that was real and this was not. Immediately."

If NDEs were hallucinations then extreme atheists and neuroscientists who had NDEs would agree that they were halluinations after having them. But the opposite happens as NDEs convince every skeptic when they have a really deep NDE themselves.

So NDEs convince people who have them, and so does the extensive scholarly literature on NDEs for the people who actually reads it. The problem, however, is that so many pseudoskeptics never actually read the scholarly literature on NDEs and instead just assume, based on their materialist dogma, that since there can not be any evidence for the reality of NDEs, there is no point actually learning more about NDEs.
>>
>>38345665
you can not experience non existence so do not worry. you can only experience existence, so one way or another you will always exist.
>>
>>38345712
>>38346481

HEY OP what happened, did you get any dreams
>>
>>38345665
Read up on near death experiences. You will find out very quickly that death is not the end as people alive today have actually died for periods of time, but have been revivied with technology, or skilled practicioners/happen chance. That's the best way in my opinion to beat the whole lights out mentality. There is gripping evidence otherwise.

The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot goes over these near the end of his book. A great read that I highly recommend. You will feel much better afterwards fren.
>>
>>38345756
what didn't you understand?
>>
>>38345665
Try Meditation.
Only in the Absence of bodily senses and a noisy mind one can understand what he really is.
>>
>>38345746
well put. thanks for the thoughtful comment
>>
>>38346308
Mainstream contemporary theoretical physics don't even include consciousness in the mix.
>>
>>38345665
Don´t worry, It´s like a checkpoint in game. The explaination isn´t suited for open forums as it motivates suicidal individuals to cash-out early.
>>
No existence = no chairs
Where to have a sit, I wonder?
>>
>>38345665
hiiii
>>
>>38345665
You dont have to worry about non-existence. Everything will be fine and this party will continue on for eternity in one way or another. You will die, maybe you'll have your memory reset but you will always continue to exist. You, like all things and things of things are protected from non-existence.
>>
>>38345665
If we're here, why would we not be there?
>>
>>38355902
Matter is the only thing that keeps existing. Objects made of matter break down irreversibly all the time. You are just an object of matter.
>>
File: did-you-want-this.png (1.71 MB, 1024x1024)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>
File: 1720622730652928.jpg (29 KB, 400x529)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>38345665
You die every night when you fall asleep. Then another awareness takes over your body and memories like nothing ever happened. Enjoy your last ten or so hours in your flesh suit.
>>
>>38345665
>Convince me when I die it's not lights out for good
I'll give it my best try: Believing something without proof is retarded. Not believing something without proof is also retarded. Unless you have actual high-grade proof (you don't) you shouldn't think "Death = non-existence".

Hope this helps :^)
>>
>>38345665
I spent a lot of my life haunted by this fear until I posited a model of the afterlife that made sense to me.

Basically, assuming time is nonlinear and we only experience it linearly as one of the quirks of living, then the whole timeline of your life is eternal and cannot die. If you're worried about where your consciousness goes when it runs out of timeline, then the most natural-seeming, plausibly boring answer other than "nowhere" is that it snaps to some other moment in your life, maybe at random, and you repeat the events of your life from that point on exactly the same as the last time you experienced them.

This is what it took for me to really start taking various afterlife possibilities seriously, but if that doesn't do it for you, you might want to look into near death experiences. You might find some comfort in how consistent they are across people and cultures, and how they reliably turn the people who experience them into believers in an afterlife.
>>
>>38356309
Enjoy dealing with my problems when I wake up, sucker!
>>
>>38345665
You can't experience non existence because non existence isn't an experience. You need senses and a self to have an experience, therefor logically, non existence cannot be experienced by a mind.
>>
>>38345665
All that suffering, misery and you are afraid of nonexistence?
>>
>>38345665
Don't worry, mr.skeleton infernal wild ridce is not easy to escape.
>>
>>38345665
I had an intense shroom trip once where i was completely detached from my body and memories. I was in complete darkness, a void if you will. But it was completely peaceful. Once I let go I realized there was only existence. I felt at peace knowing that you become what you were before having corporeal form and everyone is part of it. We're just 1 thing occupying vessels. It was really peaceful and a huge relief.
>>
satanisgod.org >
>>
>>38345766
Calm down, you won't be in any state to suffer. You won't be in any state to do anything. No more worries, no more anything. it's the doldrums of living forever that's really horrifying. Sounds great until you do everything, see everything, know everything, get all the answers to the point of existence. An eternity with nothing to do and nothing matters. That sounds like true hell.
>>
>>38358505
Youd be so desperate for escape that you would hallucinate something as inane as the human experience just to escape your tortured existence.
>>
>>38358550
It's either escape into insanity or God makes you mow His lawn again for the 12,048,295,188th time. It's a CLOUD and you have a MILLION FUCKING ANGELS who can do it for you. Get some unbaptized purgatory babies to push the mower, at least!
>>
>>38358407
I had a similiar experience.
We are Existence itself in a meatbag.
Everything is temporary but the Self.
>>
>>38345665
it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSKXOuzY3lY
>>
>>38345665
>had surgery died for about 6 minutes
>was bought back
>it's like dreaming but without a body
>it's like you're everywhere but you can be somewhere if you want
>took me years to remember the experien e ,like ...my mind couldn't process what it was like
>like you have infinite options
>hard to explain but there's something more than this life I guarantee it
>>
>>38345665
its the most comfy nap you will ever have, and when you are awoken you will find that you are naked in a foreign body and any words you say come out as cries before some evil jew snips the tip of your cock off
>>
death is not non-existence, we can see when things die that they still exist. a dead organism doesn't stop existing, it just transforms into dust or whatever. the mind may cease to function but everything you were made of will still exist.
>>
>>38345746
Wow. I’ve had that same thought or feeling since I was young but have never been able to put it as clear as that. Nice.
>>
>>38363429
Pretty unhelpful. Obviously they were referring to the existence of their consciousness.
>>
Christianity is real. The only proof you need is how hard they try to subvert and mock it in main stream media. It’s obvious if you give it more than a passing thought.
>>
>>38364769
Dude, you can't say that. You should never just say that. You should never try to prove Christianity is real. God requires faith, not proof. If there was definitive proof that God existed people would no longer have faith in Him, only certainty, and He would shrivel up and die.

STOP TRYING TO KILL GOD, ASSHOLE
>>
>>38345665
So, you are afraid of nothing?
>>
>>38345665
You didn't exist before your were born

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.