[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hq720.jpg (55 KB, 686x386)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>when putting wraps, you should avoid wasting it wrapping around your palm as you only want to protect your outer hand
Why? The purpose of putting on wraps is to tighten you hand as much as possible so you won't bust any of the 28 bones you have in your hand when you punch. Most of these small bones are located in your palm area. Yeah you should obviously protect the knuckles, wrist and thumb, but also your fucking palms.
>>
>>198653
>Most of these small bones are located in your palm area
You're a fucking retard. Palm is the thickest part of the hand & requires the least protection. Using a fist IS the protection for your palm, even without it, palm strikes are much more structuraly stable. Assuming your using the correct part of your palm that aligns with your wrist, palm strikes are almost as safe as punching with a glove. All that + your own picture explains why you're a dumbass. Shit, I would even go a step further and say you only need to focus on wrapping your knuckles if you're experienced and have good form.
>>
File: wrap.png (360 KB, 1156x799)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>198654
Yeah I went a little bit retarded there. Had to specify I was talking about boxing and striking combat sports. Open palm is best for grappling and in an MMA setting. Can't ague with that. But in a boxing setting, neglecting the importance of keeping the entirety of your hand tight just sounds dumb to me. Your palm bones will be going under extreme stress in every punch
>>
>>198657
Bones are meant to be pliable. Boxers fractures, stress fractures, are caused by chronic excessive force. Traditional boxing wrap styles are not meant to protect the palm dipshit. It's so boxers can swing hard & transfer as much force as possible. This wrap style takes the pliability of the metacarpals away. It concentrates the force directly through the bone. This is why boxers fractures are significantly more rare in MMA because the wrap style allows the metacarpals to be pliable like they're supposed to be. Bones are pliable for a reason, bowing slightly lets them throw off some of the force.
>>
Current setup
Thumb - Wrist
Pinky - Knuckles - Wrist
Ring - Knuckles - Wrist
Middle - Knuckles - Wrist
Thumb - Knuckles - Wrist
Wrist
>>
>>198709
Is that how you wished you looked like? pull your fucking pants up
>>
>>198654
Bitch, learn anatomy and mechanics and you will see how retarded you sound. Your knuckles are the most robust part, but the issue is that the metacarpian bones behind them are set up in such a way that when you apply force to the knuckles, that the leverages translate to them splitting appart, which can cause bone and, more importantly, tendon injuries.
I can tell you have never punched with all your might ever.
>>
>>198716
>this confidently retarded
>telling others to learn anatomy
Whew is it summer already? My degree is 90% anatomy, you don't know shit. You're not punching so hard your metacarpals are splitting apart. And the tendons run parallel to the bone retard.
>>198664
I refer back to my other post. Boxers fracture are more common in boxing, despite OP alleging they use the safer wrap.
>>
>>198716
>>198732
I am taking a shit & had a thought so lemme dump on you some more while I wash my ass with the bidet.
>Your knuckles are the most robust part
You're fucking retarded. No matter what style of hand wrap is used, knuckles are the main focus. All the tendons for digit extension/flexion run through the knuckle & are most vulnerable at the joint. Almost all tendon ruptures/impingements occur at the joints.
>>
File: aMHcoYtu_o.png (264 KB, 749x449)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>198653
that's a jack off hand
>>
wraps are for everything from halloween costumes to ankle injuries lol
>>
>>198653
I wrap my palm because it slips off otherwise unless I wrap it way too tight.
I have wide palms.
>>
>>198653
Only a faggot would wrap his hands. If you're too scared to risk breaking a few small bones, you've got no business fighting in the first place.
>>
>>198653
They want less grappling, not more.
Average ufc fan wants to watch two guys stand and trade haymakers.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.