[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

3-Year duration 4chan Passes are now available for $45

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: td2.jpg (12 KB, 181x279)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Any tec divers out there?
What organization did you train with? Pros/cons? Advice for getting the most out of training?

Wanting to do some deep deco diving where ignorance of physics and gas laws might kill me.
>>
HOW IS THIS A SPORT
>>
>>204831
I got certified with TDI, go learn to dive on a rebreather first. Also be sure to make friends with some Tec divers and instructors so you have someone to dive with. It's a very niche hobby, so you won't find diveshops everywhere.
>>
>>204831
I hope you have extensive experience with recreational diving. 1000 logged dives at least.
>>
>>204831
before you even think about tech diving try to figure out the price of helium in your area quickly realise that you are poor and dont have 200usd to blow everytime you want to fill a tank. realize the only way to affordably tech dive in any capacity is on a rebreather.
The training is expensive agency doesnt matter your tech instructor is gonna take you out of any comfort zone you thought had.
Realize what a tec dive is going to most likely be beyond 100ft because why run helium if nitrogen isnt gonna be a problem extended times at depths of greater than 100ft sound fun right?
on your next dive just sit at 20-30ft for 30mins and report back on enjoyment levels because that activity is going to be every "tech dive"
>>
>>206180
>on your next dive just sit at 20-30ft for 30mins and report back on enjoyment levels
Did it. It was fun. I saw fishies swim by. It sounds more boring than it is.
>>
>>204850
Is a very technical sport in fact
>>
>>205103
>>206180
What do you guys look for in those deeps. I dont think there is much life once the water gets dark

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.